PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Final Game : Iran vs Chinese Taipei

Bad_Shot
08-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Taiwan just upsets China. Can they do it AGAIN against Iran.

Iran is beating every team with all their might. Even if they are leading in a huge number, Iran's coach still playing their main man slaughtering the already slaughtered counterpart team.

Chinese Taipei on the other hand is in their RED HOT Shooting performance in years. They are Riding this Cinderella story with their Naturalized Center Quincy Davis.

budz17
08-09-2013, 11:40 AM
with their upset against china, I'm not ready to count chinese taipei out in this match.

chinese taipei is just playing inspired basketball.

weward
08-09-2013, 01:16 PM
How serious is Haddadi's injury?

interxavierxxx
08-09-2013, 01:18 PM
How serious is Haddadi's injury?

He's okay according to Mohsena.

interxavierxxx
08-09-2013, 01:18 PM
with their upset against china, I'm not ready to count chinese taipei out in this match.

chinese taipei is just playing inspired basketball.

If they can perform the same defense on Iran's big men then they have a chance.

mavrick_h
08-09-2013, 01:31 PM
Let's be real guys, it's not really easy to pass Iran.

Bad_Shot
08-09-2013, 02:05 PM
Let's be real guys, it's not really easy to pass Iran.

Very True! but UPSETS happens sometime. The way Taiwan is playing this tournament have all the tools to do so.

weward
08-09-2013, 02:24 PM
Taiwan will not be able to defend Iran. Iran plays smart basketball. They are very mobile and physically stronger.

ctongco
08-09-2013, 05:17 PM
The way Chinese Taipei is playing, not only did they earn my respect but also my admiration. It will be difficult for them to beat Iran, but Iran overlooks this team they might regret it.

Best of luck to both teams

lbj_19
08-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Iran definitely has the edge here but CT is playing inspired ball. Another but is it seems the CT are too happy with their win over China that they might still be in cloud 9 right now. Iran has to play their big 3 around 36 mins for them to assure a seat in the finals. Playing their 2nd unit more than 10 mins together wouldn't cut it and if I were them Iranians I wouldn't want a team like CT to gain confidence and a thought of being able to beat my team.

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Taiwan Leading

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 10:01 AM
CT making a bunch of impossible shots while stopping Hadaddi inside.

FrankieJB
08-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Good start for TPE! Nice balance, good accuracy, and Iran looking astonishingly unworried.

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Iran is starting to get their groove. They made some runs.

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 10:14 AM
15-0 run by Iran, now Leading the Game

FrankieJB
08-10-2013, 10:15 AM
15-0 running for Iran, TPE very very sloppy with the ball.

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Iran dominating the boards while CT has been making too many turnovers. Bad transition defense for CT in the 2nd quarter.

3 fouls for Hadadi.

Good run by CT to end the half. This isn't over yet. Hadadi and Bahrami both are non-factors so far.

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 10:26 AM
41-35 End of 1st Half, Iran

budz17
08-10-2013, 10:31 AM
haddadi with 3 fouls in the first half. its no longer an easy game for iran. chinese taipei is feisty. chinese taipei is a 2nd half team, iran has'nt been tested so far.

its all kamrany in the first half.

FrankieJB
08-10-2013, 10:33 AM
I can barely believe what I have seen in this 2QT honestly. Taiwan was making TOs after TOs and seemed completely unable to defend very simple two-men transition offenses by Iran and did not even seem to recognize they could foul to stop those fastbreaks... This is frightening, really. I did not know they were that weak in defense. The final minute 6-0 run saved the day for them but this 20-2 run by Iran before is something they have to worry about.

FrankieJB
08-10-2013, 10:42 AM
What are they playing at, honestly? Even India is a better defending team...

engwan
08-10-2013, 10:42 AM
I can barely believe what I have seen in this 2QT honestly. Taiwan was making TOs after TOs and seemed completely unable to defend very simple two-men transition offenses by Iran and did not even seem to recognize they could foul to stop those fastbreaks... This is frightening, really. I did not know they were that weak in defense. The final minute 6-0 run saved the day for them but this 20-2 run by Iran before is something they have to worry about.

Even a one-on-three fastbreak they weren't able to stop.

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Total domination by Iran on the boards. CT with just 1 attempt every possession, 13 total rebounds for CT and the 3rd quarter is almost done.

CT looks gassed at this point. Probably gave too much last night.

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Iran making it look so easy. They are just playing tough defense and then goes on a fastbreak play on the other end.

FrankieJB
08-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Bye bye Taiwain, the Cinderella story is over...
The only explanations I can think of are:
- Exhaustion because their game requires lots of energy while Iran has cruised through the tournament so far
- Outcoaching
- Ourebounding doesn't help...

UGLY AWAKENING

budz17
08-10-2013, 10:54 AM
4 points only for taipei in the 3rd quarter, what defense.

mavrick_h
08-10-2013, 10:55 AM
CT looks gassed at this point. Probably gave too much last night.

or just probably Iran is a complete different level basketball team in this tourney. :)

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Iran players are everywhere and their hands are everywhere. It's like they have 7 players on the court.

mavrick_h
08-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Bye bye Taiwain, the Cinderella story is over...
The only explanations I can think of are:
- Exhaustion because their game requires lots of energy while Iran has cruised through the tournament so far
- Outcoaching
- Ourebounding doesn't help...

UGLY AWAKENING

You really thought that CT would win Iran?! Exhaustion isn't not a excuse. There is a big difference in levels. If a team is up to the level and have this winning mentality, exhaustion becomes an irrelevant factor. Coz simply mentally they can still execute even though physically they are tired. In CT case, they are letting their judgement/execution get affected by their physical condition something that you can't easily find in a high level team. Simple example Jordan last edition, they had a tougher game vs Iran in the QFs back then and yet managed to win the Semis.

greenarcher
08-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Just imagine if Iran had Kazemi in their line-up... it would have been a total overkill.

FrankieJB
08-10-2013, 11:12 AM
You really thought that CT would win Iran?! Exhaustion isn't not a excuse. There is a big difference in levels. If a team is up to the level and have this winning mentality, exhaustion becomes an irrelevant factor. Coz simply mentally they can still execute even though physically they are tired. In CT case, they are letting their judgement/execution get affected by their physical condition something that you can't easily find in a high level team. Simple example Jordan last edition, they had a tougher game vs Iran in the QFs back then and yet managed to win the Semis.

No I did not think they would win but have you seen the nb of turnovers they made?? How you seen their awful defense? Only fatigue can explain those unforced errors that even India don't make!
I recognize Iran have a size advantage and a defense one step above, but still...

Bad_Shot
08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Well Upset is not in the Air this time for Taiwan.

Only Korea could give Iran a good match up because of their speed and pinpoint passing while moving constantly.
I also thought Gilas can do it as well.

CKR13
08-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Mahdi Kamrani 19 points (7/7) shooting, 6 assists, 6 rebounds. Great game!