Future stars of Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future stars of Asia

India has one of the youngest teams in the tournament, with 8 of their players born in the 1990s. The turban guy, Amjyot Singh, plays in Spain I believe and despite the hairy face is only 21 years old. But of course all eyes were on the 18-year-old benchwarmer giant Satnam Singh Bhamara. I don't think he's NBA material, but when you are this big and still able to run, there's a good chance you can become a good player in Asia one day.

PG Mansour Elhadary is a new face of the aging Qatari squad. The guy is very little but knows how to play. Is he a Qatari native?

Jordan, the young center Ahmad Aldwairi (210cm, 1993) has good potential. The one impressive player, however, is 1990-born 205cm Mohammed Hussein, very good rebounder and already a star.

Korea also is very young and this is great for their future. Big guys 1991-born Kim Jongkyu and 1994-born Lee Jonghyun are going to be very good and are already getting a lot of playing time against Iran and China. The perimeter young guys I'm not very familiar with yet, but the fact they are playing good minutes against Iran and China is already a good indication of their abilities.

Who are some of the younger players that have impressed you from this tournament?
    aim low, score high

Wang Zhelin and Guo Ailun - They are future stars despite their recent struggles.

Lee Jong-Hyun - Korea's brightest prospect and is the centerpiece for their 2014 Asian games hosting. He has gained upper body strength and is more assertive in the post. Despite not being an incredible leaper, he puts to good use that wingspan.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Kobe Paras

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
        Wang Zhelin and Guo Ailun - They are future stars despite their recent struggles.

Lee Jong-Hyun - Korea's brightest prospect and is the centerpiece for their 2014 Asian games hosting. He has gained upper body strength and is more assertive in the post. Despite not being an incredible leaper, he puts to good use that wingspan.
        very true. with their length and athleticism truly they are remarkable. i hope they make the NBA someday.
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
          India has one of the youngest teams in the tournament, with 8 of their players born in the 1990s. The turban guy, Amjyot Singh, plays in Spain I believe and despite the hairy face is only 21 years old. But of course all eyes were on the 18-year-old benchwarmer giant Satnam Singh Bhamara. I don't think he's NBA material, but when you are this big and still able to run, there's a good chance you can become a good player in Asia one day.

PG Mansour Elhadary is a new face of the aging Qatari squad. The guy is very little but knows how to play. Is he a Qatari native?

Jordan, the young center Ahmad Aldwairi (210cm, 1993) has good potential. The one impressive player, however, is 1990-born 205cm Mohammed Hussein, very good rebounder and already a star.

Korea also is very young and this is great for their future. Big guys 1991-born Kim Jongkyu and 1994-born Lee Jonghyun are going to be very good and are already getting a lot of playing time against Iran and China. The perimeter young guys I'm not very familiar with yet, but the fact they are playing good minutes against Iran and China is already a good indication of their abilities.

Who are some of the younger players that have impressed you from this tournament?
          i'm also very optimistic about india specially now that they have a good hoops program in place and a good american coach. hope they will reap the benefits sooner and become a powerhouse in asian basketball. their youth teams are also playing very well.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by athangonzales View Post
            Kobe Paras

This guy is someone that I hope to see in the future of NIKE Hoop Summit. Maybe 2017 NIKE Hoop Summit.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

watch out for Thirdy Ravena, a 6'2 freshman college player at the ateneo de manila university. member of the 3x3 U18 Team Philippines last 2013. 'think he's gonna be like Jason Castro William in the future.

Comment

Junemar Fajardo 6"10 C 23years old
                Greg Slaughter 7"0 C 26years old
                Bobby Parks 6"4 SG 23years old
                sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Pakistan and India are the strong teams to play the matches in future.

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post

Wang Zhelin is a stiffer and more mechanical version of Mengke Bateer. Just because someone is 7 feet and comes out of China doesn't automatically make him a 'potential' star. I've seen Wang Zhizhi and Yao Ming as teenagers for China and Wang is nowhere near those two.
                    clothesline, anyone?

Comment

I liked Mohammad Al-Marwani's play for Saudi Arabia last year. A bit undersized at center, but has the body and hustling instinct needed to get those rebounds.
                      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

In Lebanon there are quite a nice group of young players who are already starting to shine and have an impact on Lebanese basketball and the Lebanon league.
                        I will mention all those who are ages 20 and below.

1) Wael Arakji (193-PG-94)... Took the season by storm and was voted as best rising talent in Lebanon... Excellent ball handling, speed and court vision.. His shooting is good but can definitely get better... Many of us are actually calling him the Lebanese "Manu Ginobili" If you watch the highlights below you will understand what I mean.

2) Elie Chamoun (193-SG-94) Great shooter and has great percentages from 3 point range

3) Jad "Jay" Khalil (186-PG-96) One of the top talented prospects.. Even though he's still not 18 yet (will be in November) Jad has shown a great level of maturity and as last season started progressing he was given more playing time and proved that he does deserve to be given more chances and I can easily see him playing as a starter as of next season.

4) Izzat Kaissi (192-PG/SG-95).. Izzat didn't get the chance to play much last season but made the most of the few minutes he got while playing on court... There were 2 moves that he did in one of the games (also shown in the video below) which where amazing highlights and all Lebanese basketball fans were talking about for a couple of days...

Of course there are great talented players in their early 20's (below 23) like Ahmad Ibrahim (198-SF-92), Amir Saoud (187-SG-91) and Ali Haidar (201-PF-90) among many other talented prospects.

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
                          Junemar Fajardo 6"10 C 23years old
                          Greg Slaughter 7"0 C 26years old
                          Bobby Parks 6"4 SG 23years old
                          fajardo is 25.

Comment

Jayant Sharma's son, 7-feet tall Josh, one the top class of 2015 center prospects in the USA.

Last edited by serbianhoops; 09-14-2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

The world tallest 5-year-old, 5'7" tall Karan Singh, the next Satnam Singh if he stays healthy

Karan Singh is already 5ft 7in tall and he's only five-years-old. The Indian boy broke weight and height records at birth, and he hasn't stopped growing since.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information