PDA

View Full Version : QF Game 1: Iran (1) vs. Jordan (4)

sinobball
08-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Time: Aug 9 15:00

I'm just going to quote mohsena2631 here:

anyhow I will be nice if anybody breaks that Al-Susk's guy leg. :D Time to erase bad memories

Spenz
08-07-2013, 11:09 PM
It would be Iran for sure. . . but I am very sure wont go down without a very good fight. So this is one game to watch! :)

behzadir
08-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Seriously only "beating" these guys won't satisfy me at all. If you wanna get a real revenge demolish and embarrass them in a bad way.

From what i'm hearing out of the players they won't take a minute of this one easy and will most probably blow them out.

Let's see which Iran team shows up, a concentrated beasting one or a overconfident lazy one...

lakers4sho
08-08-2013, 09:48 AM
You stop Baxter, you stop Jordan.

Well, Iran's on a mission this year anyways. Anything other than a blowout win here would surprise me.

interxavierxxx
08-08-2013, 09:50 AM
As what lakers4sho said, the key to beating Jordan is containing Baxter as their offense is centered around him. Minimize his productivity and you will see Jordan going for desperation shots usually from the outside. I'm not sure if Iran can dominate the boards as Jordan also has a good front court but rebounding will be the key here.

Cryotek
08-08-2013, 12:22 PM
This will be a close call for me...Jordan really knows how to beat this mighty Iran team, they have already proved this in past competitions!
But the way, Iran is playing in this tournament, I believe they can still win this game by a mile!:o

lbj_19
08-08-2013, 12:34 PM
I think this would be a blowout. Minimum 20 pt win for Iran. Revenge factor is there but the talent from both clubs is way too big. Baxter sucks. Should not even be a naturalized player. Only played 1 good game in this tournament. Also the last Jordan team that beat this Iran squad was a great defensive squad. I saw that 2011 game in Wuhan and during the knock out stages their defense was a notch better than most of the teams. Gilas team was decimated into a jump shooting team by that Jordan team. Props to Baldwin on that.

budz17
08-08-2013, 03:38 PM
jordan already have guys with size that can compete inside with iran, so it won't be so easy for haddadi to dominate this one if he decides to go it alone. key would be bahrami and kamrany.

having said that, possibly it will be close only until the first quarter or early second quarter, then it'd be a blow out. not enough weapons for jordan. they miss daghlas and zaid abbas for sure.

iran by 20+

Baller4Lyf
08-09-2013, 02:53 AM
No Rasheim Wright and Osama Daghles, no upset this time.
Iran had learned it's lesson from the debacle of the last FIBA and as seen as it tramples every opponent in this tourney even including China.

Iran by 30 or more points...

Nimaa
08-09-2013, 06:16 AM
post links guys

CKR13
08-09-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm watching here:http://webfirstrow.eu/sport/basketball.html

FrankieJB
08-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Are Jordanians interested in winning?
Getting crushed as early is not the best way to win. Of course Iran is shooting like hell.

lakers4sho
08-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Utter destruction, ass rape no lube.

Bad_Shot
08-09-2013, 07:25 AM
50+ is possible. Iran is hungry and they want revenge.

FrankieJB
08-09-2013, 07:28 AM
I am not even sure that Jordan could beat India right now. They are making gross mistakes after gross mistakes.

budz17
08-09-2013, 07:34 AM
what's the score?

FrankieJB
08-09-2013, 07:38 AM
48-22 2.15' left. Complete no-show by Al Sous hitherto. Countless and-ones for Iran.

interxavierxxx
08-09-2013, 07:42 AM
There's no way on earth Iran is going to let its guard down. You can see the lions in them whenever they attack the basket.

Bad_Shot
08-09-2013, 07:43 AM
kamrani 10 assists in 1st half

Nimaa
08-09-2013, 07:46 AM
@ all the iroonis living in Iran

Are these boys getting as much attention as the Volleyball boys?

With football back on, it seems not eh?

UMUT_FB_LAL
08-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Jordan should change their name to Scalabrine

Nimaa
08-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Man, our bench sucks

Bad_Shot
08-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Jordan should change their name to Scalabrine

I think they can enter the finals if they naturalized Scalabrine. :p

UMUT_FB_LAL
08-09-2013, 08:18 AM
I think they can enter the finals if they naturalized Scalabrine. :p

I don't think so, Scal only reaches finals when he averages 32 seconds of play.. Why is Iran so mad at Jordan by the way? Is it just because they beat them last time around? Iran is playing so hungry and mean that it looks like these two countries are at war. They don't have to be this extremely eager to humiliate them.

interxavierxxx
08-09-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't think so, Scal only reaches finals when he averages 32 seconds of play.. Why is Iran so mad at Jordan by the way? Is it just because they beat them last time around? Iran is playing so hungry and mean that it looks like these two countries are at war. They don't have to be this extremely eager to humiliate them.

They do this to all of their opponents. It's not just Jordan. Iran does not play soft regardless of how much they are leading.

UMUT_FB_LAL
08-09-2013, 08:30 AM
They do this to all of their opponents. It's not just Jordan. Iran does not play soft regardless of how much they are leading.

Thanks for the information. I guess they are going the Team USA at the Olympics route. Iran is a promising team by the way, they could definitely reach the knock out phase of the World Cup with a good draw, and even without it they seem to have the potential to pull of a surprise on a great day.

Giannakis is doing a great job.

budz17
08-09-2013, 08:31 AM
well, iran team is extremely proud and they resent that they were beaten when they were the topseeds in 2011 by jordan. this present iran team may have 4 years at the most as the top dog in asia basketball, they should savor every win. when haddadi is already slow and bahrami as well, teams will have their payback:p

Baller4Lyf
08-09-2013, 08:42 AM
94-50 Iran

UMUT_FB_LAL
08-09-2013, 08:43 AM
well, iran team is extremely proud and they resent that they were beaten when they were the topseeds in 2011 by jordan. this present iran team may have 4 years at the most as the top dog in asia basketball, they should savor every win. when haddadi is already slow and bahrami as well, teams will have their payback:p

Brings me to the next question.. How in the world did Jordan beat them????

Nimaa
08-09-2013, 08:44 AM
man, hopefully Hamed and Kardoust are fine.

Buran
08-09-2013, 08:51 AM
I don't understand why Becirovic kept some of the starting players in in the fourth quarter when they are ahead by about 40!
Injury never knocks on the door and it could happen anytime, and you obviously want to minimize the odds of your influential players getting injured.
that was a bad cheap shot on Kardoust in the chest near the end, FIBA officials should also start reviewing plays on the monitors, just like the NBA to prevent these kind of things from happening.

interxavierxxx
08-09-2013, 08:53 AM

Jordan in 2011 was a far better team than the current team. In 2011, they had players who could match up with Iran's front court, so they could score and rebound evenly. I would say things went according to their favor right at the end as their shots were falling while Iran started to lose steam. The blame goes to Iran's coach Matic for not taking the gaming seriously. The worst move he did was benching Bahrami in the first half.

See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJi3-hv7xY&list=PLFD53B5C1881A7E2D

Buran
08-09-2013, 08:57 AM
man, hopefully Hamed and Kardoust are fine.

I hope so! Haddadi seemed to have some sort of cramp in the quadriceps muscles (hopefully it's just a cramp and nothing more!).
I hope Kardoust doesn't have a broken rib cage. It looked like he was in a lot of pain

UMUT_FB_LAL
08-09-2013, 09:00 AM
That's just the introduction to the game :p
But I will look it up when I have the time to watch

budz17
08-09-2013, 09:01 AM
I don't understand why Becirovic kept some of the starting players in in the fourth quarter when they are ahead by about 40!
Injury never knocks on the door and it could happen anytime, and you obviously want to minimize the odds of your influential players getting injured.
that was a bad cheap shot on Kardoust in the chest near the end, FIBA officials should also start reviewing plays on the monitors, just like the NBA to prevent these kind of things from happening.

good point man. iran has a score to settle with jordan but its ridiculous to run the score like this with the starters still in the game. bad sportmanship really. iran will only get a bad image from this.

there is also a thing called karma.

they will still have to win two more games after this, against china probably in the semis and then the finals.

interxavierxxx
08-09-2013, 09:02 AM
That's just the introduction to the game :p
But I will look it up when I have the time to watch

lol well I meant to link you the fourth quarter of the game but I guess YouTube decided to give the entire playlist for the game. :P

Here is the first part of the 4Q:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1JgWeBukO0

OT: Btw, how is Turkey's preparations for the Eurobasket? I'm a big fan of European basketball and definitely looking forward to the 2013 Eurobasket.

interxavierxxx
08-09-2013, 09:04 AM
good point man. iran has a score to settle with jordan but its ridiculous to run the score like this with the starters still in the game. bad sportmanship really. iran will only get a bad image from this.

there is also a thing called karma.

they will still have to win two more games after this, against china probably in the semis and then the finals.

If the injuries of Kardoust and Haddadi are serious then it will definitely be a huge blow to Iran's chances of beating China (who I'm predicting will beat Taiwan).

budz17
08-09-2013, 09:08 AM

this is almost a completely different team from the jordan team in 2011

leading players from that team were osama daghlas an 6'5" pointguard who is one of the best players in asia at that time, their naturalized guard rasheim wright, zaid abbas who is 6'10" I think good rebounder and defender who can score inside but has a great 3pt shot as well, enver soobzokov, ayman idais, islam abbas a bruising forward and alkhas another forward who can mix it up inside and a great 3pt shot as well.

jordan had a great coach at that time as well tab baldwin who coached new zealand national team before and is currently helping out team philippines as a consultant.

so, although jordan was the fourth seed in their group that time in wuhan 2011, they were really a veteran group who played rock solid defense and they had daghlas to bully kahmrany at the point and their forwards and centers held their own against haddadi

behzadir
08-09-2013, 09:09 AM
If the injuries of Kardoust and Haddadi are serious then it will definitely be a huge blow to Iran's chances of beating China (who I'm predicting will beat Taiwan).

Haddadi seemed OK at the end of the game walking on the court, must have been a cramp at most. On the other hand don't know how serious the elbow to Kardoust was, but i guess both will be fine by tomorrow and 100% to go.

UMUT_FB_LAL
08-09-2013, 09:15 AM
lol well I meant to link you the fourth quarter of the game but I guess YouTube decided to give the entire playlist for the game. :P

OT: Btw, how is Turkey's preparations for the Eurobasket? I'm a big fan of European basketball and definitely looking forward to the 2013 Eurobasket.

Not too well, we've lost our three preparation games thus far, even though coach Tanjevic never takes these games too seriously. He always gets into heavy physical trainings at the beginning of the preparation, barely training with the ball.

Tanjevic had actually quit the team after 2010 but he somehow noiselessly returned to the team in 2012 for the Eurobasket qualifiers. They said it was temporary and the Turkish people expected a new head coach. There were negotiations with Ettore Messina but that didn't work out. Turkey wanted Ergin Ataman, coach of Galatasaray, to be the head coach, but the corrupt Turkish president didn't even negotiate with him, or Oktay Mahmuti, a second favorite, so Tanjevic stayed, much to the dislike of the Turkish community.

Tanjevic didn't call Cenk Akyol to the team, who was the best Turkish player in Europe this season, due to personally disliking him and due to Cenk protesting the Erdogan regime, the Turkish basketball president has close ties to Erdogan. Also Kerem Tunceri, a veteran and long serving guard for the national team, was not called. Furkan Aldemir, the most promising center of Turkey, is out due to an injury. Enes Kanter, another very talented center is not with the team because he refused to play in the qualifiers last year. Another talented big guy, Ilkan Karaman, has left the camp due to an injury. So there are a lot of problems and controversy.

In the preparation games I noticed that the players don't click too well with Tanjevic and his strict regime, nevertheless I saw some potential, even though it was scarce. But Turkey never shows its through face until the tournament starts. We still have plenty of potential to make a relative success of the tournament, but that would be a surprise. The people in Turkey aren't expecting much of the tournament.

In my opinion Greece is the big favorite with a few dark horses but surprises will inevitably happen. More than ever there are small teams that can surprise. It will be an interesting tournament for sure, but as a Turkish basketball fan I'm not expecting too much from it. You guys will probably be in the World Cup, it would really surprise me if we were in it too.

interxavierxxx
08-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Not too well, we've lost our three preparation games thus far, even though coach Tanjevic never takes these games too seriously. He always gets into heavy physical trainings at the beginning of the preparation, barely training with the ball.

Tanjevic had actually quit the team after 2010 but he somehow noiselessly returned to the team in 2012 for the Eurobasket qualifiers. They said it was temporary and the Turkish people expected a new head coach. There were negotiations with Ettore Messina but that didn't work out. Turkey wanted Ergin Ataman, coach of Galatasaray, to be the head coach, but the corrupt Turkish president didn't even negotiate with him, or Oktay Mahmuti, a second favorite, so Tanjevic stayed, much to the dislike of the Turkish community.

Tanjevic didn't call Cenk Akyol to the team, who was the best Turkish player in Europe this season, due to personally disliking him and due to Cenk protesting the Erdogan regime, the Turkish basketball president has close ties to Erdogan. Also Kerem Tunceri, a veteran and long serving guard for the national team, was not called. Furkan Aldemir, the most promising center of Turkey, is out due to an injury. Enes Kanter, another very talented center is not with the team because he refused to play in the qualifiers last year. Another talented big guy, Ilkan Karaman, has left the camp due to an injury. So there are a lot of problems and controversy.

In the preparation games I noticed that the players don't click too well with Tanjevic and his strict regime, nevertheless I saw some potential, even though it was scarce. But Turkey never shows its through face until the tournament starts. We still have plenty of potential to make a relative success of the tournament, but that would be a surprise. The people in Turkey aren't expecting much of the tournament.

In my opinion Greece is the big favorite with a few dark horses but surprises will inevitably happen. More than ever there are small teams that can surprise. It will be an interesting tournament for sure, but as a Turkish basketball fan I'm not expecting too much from it. You guys will probably be in the World Cup, it would really surprise me if we were in it too.

Thanks for the information. It sounds like a lot of politics is going on, which is an unfortunate situation. I guess stuff like these are everywhere these days. I can empathize with you because we had our own problems with basketball mismanagement and (despite the improvements since the lifting of our suspension in 2007) it is still bothering us. Lebanon had similar problems that eventually led to their suspension a few weeks before the Asian Championship.

I wish your team the best of luck for the Eurobasket. I'm sure you can put up a good fight despite all the problems your team is having. European basketball is growing and the competition is getting more and more intense each Eurobasket edition.

Thanks. I do hope we play well today and tomorrow in order to make it to the world cup. We are still considered underdogs because our record has not been impressive in the past decades. Iran, Korea, and China remain the favourites to grab the three slots to the world cup.

mohsena2631
08-09-2013, 10:16 AM
@ all the iroonis living in Iran

Are these boys getting as much attention as the Volleyball boys?

With football back on, it seems not eh?

no they don't , volleyball is much more popular these days. and it won't change unless Iran host a big event. they won Asian Champs twice before.

mohsena2631
08-09-2013, 11:28 AM
update: both Haddadi and Kardoust are fine

Nimaa
08-09-2013, 05:31 PM
no they don't , volleyball is much more popular these days. and it won't change unless Iran host a big event. they won Asian Champs twice before.

lol that's just odd!!

Nimaa
08-09-2013, 05:31 PM
update: both Haddadi and Kardoust are fine

great news, thanks