PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Asia Championships 2013 - Day 7 Games Discussion

CKR13
08-07-2013, 02:20 AM
Interesting game coming up is Japan vs. Jordan. Japan's Takahiro Kurihara (dislocated finger) and Ryota Sakurai (nasal fracture) will try to play.

interxavierxxx
08-07-2013, 02:41 AM
I'm quite impressed with Ryoto Sakurai. Give him more top-notch experience and he could very well match up with Guo Ailun in the future.

sinobball
08-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Interesting game coming up is Japan vs. Jordan. Japan's Takahiro Kurihara (dislocated finger) and Ryota Sakurai (nasal fracture) will try to play.Are they really injured? Sakurai just had a nice spin for a sweet dish to Kurihara.

Sakurai already has a lot of experience, he's not exactly young. But maybe the first time of him playing PG. He has good instincts but relatively poor ball handling skills and a very skinny frame, not exactly ideal in a PG. He had many turnovers I saw, just bringing the ball past half-court. I'm not sure he'll be in this role again.

reamily
08-07-2013, 02:50 AM
No tall point guards for Japan yet.. they will egt that guy from one of their junior teams..as long as Matsui cannot play the point you will more of Sakurai and Hiejima at pont with Sakurai having the edge being more "experienced"

CKR13
08-07-2013, 02:55 AM
Are they really injured? Sakurai just had a nice spin for a sweet dish to Kurihara.

Sakurai already has a lot of experience, he's not exactly young. But maybe the first time of him playing PG. He has good instincts but relatively poor ball handling skills and a very skinny frame, not exactly ideal in a PG. He had many turnovers I saw, just bringing the ball past half-court. I'm not sure he'll be in this role again.

For Kurihara, he had a dislocated finger against Chinese Taipei but the news of Sakurai's injury was disclosed this morning. The Sakurai experiment for Japan was the idea of Suzuki as the federation and the public no longer wants undersized guards. Sakurai is really a swingman with point forward skills. He over dribbles when tasked to bring up the ball as per being a PG.

CKR13
08-07-2013, 03:12 AM
HT Jordan leads 30-24. Hiroshi Ichioka provided some spark for the team when Takeuchi remained on the bench.

sinobball
08-07-2013, 03:39 AM
Japan collapsing. They are OK at transition, but horrendous for half-court offense. The perimeter players are more comfortable at dribble jump shots than attacking the basket, but the screens are of low quality and not enough, also not enough cuts.

Jordanian big men having field days. Zaghab, Hussein, Al-dwairi are all quite young, along with Hadrab the future looks good. However, they need better perimeter players. Where is Imad Qahwash btw? He's not terrific but deserves a look.

CKR13
08-07-2013, 03:40 AM
End of 3rd, Jordan leads by 10. Thank Tsuji for two treys.

reamily
08-07-2013, 03:53 AM
Japan collapsing. They are OK at transition, but horrendous for half-court offense. The perimeter players are more comfortable at dribble jump shots than attacking the basket, but the screens are of low quality and not enough, also not enough cuts.

Jordanian big men having field days. Zaghab, Hussein, Al-dwairi are all quite young, along with Hadrab the future looks good. However, they need better perimeter players. Where is Imad Qahwash btw? He's not terrific but deserves a look.

Even Sam Daghlas and Zaid Abbas aren't terrific at first but with a terrific player like Rasheim Wright..the two becoming more consistent as they create a powerful Jordanian team with Mario Palma and sustained it when Tab Baldwin handled them..
If Qahwash becomes eligible (it may spill a lot of foreign born players to play on asia)..hire that naturalized player (baxter isn't that one) Jordan would be contender as early as 2015..

CKR13
08-07-2013, 03:54 AM
Turnovers and lapses by Jordan allowed the Japanese to strike within 7 under 3 minutes remaining.

CKR13
08-07-2013, 04:03 AM
Tsuji has now four treys in this game. The only Japanese player to hit double figures.

reamily
08-07-2013, 04:04 AM
Teams in Group E are in the same level in terms of talent and manpower. It just boils down who is more experienced and who has the hc edge..

sinobball
08-07-2013, 04:07 AM
Tsuji tried hard with two 3's in the last minute, but then that costly t/o. Not that Jordan would have lost without that steal.

Rematch of last year's quarterfinal. How many 3's will Alsous make this time? I know the Iranians have been waiting for this day for awhile, probably not going to be a close one.

BTW: aymanxp, I don't know whether you know this, but the lady in the stands with the baby and a Jordanian flag is from Taiwan.

mohsena2631
08-07-2013, 05:59 AM
with 3 unavailable players and 3 players fouled out ! Kazakhs have to play the 4th quarter with only 6 players.

lakers4sho
08-07-2013, 06:41 AM
If CT beats Qatar, Chot better give up the game against HK. Put away the pride for now and realise that there's no way Gilas beats Iran in the semis.

sinobball
08-07-2013, 08:32 AM
I just tuned it and it's tied 68 with 1min to go.

Edit: 70-68, Daoud with a good move.

Again, if QAT wins 1-7 pts, then PHI gets the #1 seed. If they lose, then TPE gets the #1 seed. But if QAT wins by roughly 15 pts (of course only possible if game goes into OT), they get the #1 seed.

Edit: Wow, Qatar wins by 3, if my calculation is correct, PHI #1, TPE #2, QAT #3.

GilG
08-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Taiwan will face big brother China in the QF. :D This is going to be interesting.

khaledlebanon
08-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Interesting games in the QFs:
Philippines vs Kazakhstan
China vs Taiwan
Iran vs Jordan
Korea vs Qatar

Most probably the sem-finals will be: China vs Iran and Philipines vs Ko.
A final between Iran vs Philippines.

FrankieJB
08-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Interesting games in the QFs:
Philippines vs Kazakhstan
China vs Taiwan
Iran vs Jordan
Korea vs Qatar

I can't wait!! My predictions: Pinas, Taiwan, Iran and .... Korea in overtime!

sinobball
08-07-2013, 08:55 AM
I can't wait!! My predictions: Pinas, Taiwan, Iran and .... Korea in overtime!Maybe I should support durden_tyler and say if China loses the QF match, I'm going to retire my IBN account?

FrankieJB
08-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Maybe I should support durden_tyler and say if China loses the QF match, I'm going to retire my IBN account?

No, I want you to stay here. But please, do prepare mentally for anything to happen. I don't see this team able to step up, even with YI. I have known Giannakis for awhile... I will bet against China certainly :)

greenarcher
08-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Lin Chih Chieh held scoreless today on 0-5 3pt shooting.

mohsena2631
08-07-2013, 09:09 AM
lol even when Qatar didn't really want to score, Taiwan somehow forced them to score by their poor defense ! what a poor game by taiwan in general.

sinobball
08-07-2013, 09:51 AM
So I was wrong, China didn't start Chen. But not Guo either... Instead, it's Sun, Wang Shipeng, Zhu, Wang Zhizhi and Yi on the floor. Is this going to be the lineup for Chinese Taipei? Whereas last game was 1 PG + 3 wings + 1 big, now it's 3 wings + 2 bigs.... Average height = 206cm... A little surprising, but I can definitely see this work.

Yi looking healthy.

ak1105
08-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Lin Chih Chieh held scoreless today on 0-5 3pt shooting.

their coach said he had an ankle injury from yesterday's game..

ak1105
08-07-2013, 10:07 AM
regarding CT's game for the last two games, it seems that they have regressed..their energy has been down, their shooting has gone down..unlike when they were against Gilas, they were shooting the lights out, boundless energy and playing with a lot of conviction..now it seems as if they already achieve their goal..that was to beat gilas..its like a boxing match, they are gassed out already..maybe waiting for their 2nd wind in the knockout stages..

interxavierxxx
08-07-2013, 10:15 AM
What Giannakis needs to do: bench Chen Jianghua throughout the tournament. :cool:

digitalsuperman
08-07-2013, 10:20 AM
So I was wrong, China didn't start Chen. But not Guo either... Instead, it's Sun, Wang Shipeng, Zhu, Wang Zhizhi and Yi on the floor. Is this going to be the lineup for Chinese Taipei? Whereas last game was 1 PG + 3 wings + 1 big, now it's 3 wings + 2 bigs.... Average height = 206cm... A little surprising, but I can definitely see this work.

Yi looking healthy.

that is a very tall starting 5. i guess china is now flexing its muscles for the upcoming quarterfinals.

greenarcher
08-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Bahrain with a very respectable 2nd half. They drove hard and made a lot of inside baskets despite going against a much taller and more experienced Chinese team. Huge improvement by this Bahrain squad. If they only had a really good import like Douthit, they will give many teams a tough fight.

I think this is China's worst team in terms of shooting.

digitalsuperman
08-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Bahrain with a very respectable 2nd half. They drove hard and made a lot of inside baskets despite going against a much taller and more experienced Chinese team. Huge improvement by this Bahrain squad. If they only had a really good import like Douthit, they will give many teams a tough fight.

they have. giles. but he's injured.

sinobball
08-07-2013, 11:24 AM
What Giannakis needs to do: bench Chen Jianghua throughout the tournament. :cool:
Chen played well in garbage time!!! He scored more than twice what he scored in the previous 5 games combined! He got some confidence back! Just this alone makes me happy.

Hope Liu is OK, apparently his injury is worse than expected. Definitely need him for a fighting chance against Iran.

Winterbeat
08-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised by Bahrain's showing in this tournament. They've certainly improved in leaps and bounds from their 2011 squad. They're even dunking over people now!

tmlouk
08-07-2013, 12:06 PM

This only could happened, because Chinese Team is such a mess.

khaledlebanon
08-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Hong Kong 33 - 28 Philippines (2nd Q) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinobball
08-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm tuning in! 5 min to go in 3rd, PHI just got its first lead in the game.

FrankieJB
08-07-2013, 01:39 PM
When treys don't fall Pinas is barely average?

CKR13
08-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Good fight by Hong Kong. As for the Philippines, it is better to have a bad game now than a bad game to strike in the KO phase.

interxavierxxx
08-07-2013, 01:59 PM
Good fight by Hong Kong. As for the Philippines, it is better to have a bad game now than a bad game to strike in the KO phase.

Thanks for the encouraging words CKR13! Hope to read more of your very informative posts in this forum. :D

PRSURF
08-07-2013, 02:05 PM
Quarterfinales are elimination games?

Lester Bo McCalebb
08-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words CKR13! Hope to read more of your very informative posts in this forum. :D

HongKong is one of cities in China. Taipei is one of provinces in China.:)

CKR13
08-07-2013, 02:40 PM
What's that thing on the head of Amjhyot Singh? Never seen anything like it...

petitioner
08-07-2013, 02:42 PM

QFT. rare words of encouragement from CKR13. somebody should screen grab this ;)

PRSURF
08-07-2013, 02:48 PM
How tall are this guys from India?

CKR13
08-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Satnam Singh vs Lee Jong-Hyun right now.

CKR13
08-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Korea putting up a shooting display. Usual suspects Yang, Cho and Yoon.

Epithetless
08-07-2013, 02:56 PM

Its called a patka a type of turban usually used by Sikh children and sportsmen, since Sikhs can not go bare headed athletes need something less unwieldy than the full-blown turban.
http://patkaspotting.com/

CKR13
08-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Its called a patka a type of turban usually used by Sikh children and sportsmen, since Sikhs can not go bare headed athletes need something less unwieldy than the full-blown turban.
http://patkaspotting.com/

Thanks!

interxavierxxx
08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
LOL I wonder why so many Filipinos here contemplated on tanking a few days ago so we can face Korea instead of China. Just watching them play right now makes it seem like they should automatically be given a World Cup birth. :P

CKR13
08-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Yoo Jae-Hak letting the kids play out the 4th. 6'8 Choi Joon-Young playing point guard.

sickcurtain_16
08-07-2013, 03:45 PM
LOL I wonder why so many Filipinos here contemplated on tanking a few days ago so we can face Korea instead of China. Just watching them play right now makes it seem like they should automatically be given a World Cup birth. :P

truth is, only few actually contemplated on it. Others, just rode on with the ideas of others to make them sound like they really know what they were talking about. lol.

I agree with you. This South Korean team is very sharp. They might have lost a bit of their outside shots compared to their previous versions, but the physicality, it gave them more dimension in their game. scary.

FrankieJB
08-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Nice TO by Fleming, IND must be 0-12 since then, while they were finding some flow before...

Edit: 04:15 timeout full 54-75 -21
00:14 54-95 -41 4, M. KIM, assist

ashindia
08-07-2013, 05:44 PM

That's a Turban. Sikhs are supposed to wear it according to their religious beliefs.

ashindia
08-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Disappointed to see us losing all these games by big margin.

budz17
08-07-2013, 06:09 PM

its okay, you are playing giants of asia, iran, china and korea. with the natural size of the indian people, there is potential.

sickcurtain_16
08-07-2013, 08:07 PM

you have tall and skillful players. continue playing high level of competition and your country will be contenders in the coming years. Amjyot Singh is a very good player.

MD125
08-08-2013, 03:16 AM
For INDIA:
Vishesh needed help. He is the most skilled and a really good scorer but he is also doing PG duties at times. He might not be as tall as Bahrami but he sure can score like him. Their big guys need to step up.

MD125
08-08-2013, 03:22 AM
When treys don't fall Pinas is barely average?
In previous versions of the national team there was more of an inside game. in 2011 that changed when Toroman came in and Douthit arrived. The team embraced the fact that inside and outside game should exist equally and with vertically challenged players, the outside game is a given. We see that in the 2011 version. For this year it looks like an outside team but that is because of the system.