PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for FIBA Americas 2013

Dtown
06-02-2013, 03:28 AM
Two major predictions here.

Who wins and who qualifies for the tournament?

My winner: Brazil.
Yes, yes I know this pretty much contradicts my sig (and I will regret it later), but I see Brazil less effected by NBA no shows than Argentina.

World Cup Q:
But lets be honest this is a qualifying tournament. So who qualifies...
Argentina (B team is good for final 4)
Puerto Rico (they're a constant, haven't missed a World Cup since 1982)
Canada (this isn't a case of the DR floundering again, this is a case of Canada rising, just wait till Wiggins shows up)

Wild Card Drama
Dominican Republic (once again)

So how do you see it turning out.

tres equis
06-02-2013, 05:33 AM
It's hard to make predictions right now because we really don't know the rosters, but i'm going with...

Brasil - They can survive without their nba players

Argentina - They almost got eliminated in 2009 with a B team, but i think at the end of the day they are going to qualify.

Puerto rico - We have the talent to make it, but i honestly have my doubts, i don't know what to expect.

Possible players...

C-Danny Santiago, Peter John Ramos(I don't like him)
Pf-Renaldo Balkman, Angel "Piwi" Garcia F/C, Ricky Sanchez
Sf-Angel Vasallo, Alex Galindo
Sg-David Huertas, John Holland(Cajasol, Spain)
Pg-Carlos Arroyo, JJ Barea(little selfish bastard), Andres Rodriguez(Blussens, Spain)

Carlos Beltran(President) and the staff are going to talk with Moe Harkless(yes, he can play with pr) to see if he has any interest about playing with us...other players are shabazz nappier(UCONN) and Ricky Ledo.

Canada - Steve Nash, Jay Triano and the rest of the staff, are probably going to make the best team possible, if they bring the nba players, they can qualify for sure.

Look at their players...

C-Sam Dalembert, Joel Anthony, Robert Sacre, Kelly Olynyk, Kyle Wiltjer
Pf-Tristan Thompson, Andrew Nicholson, Levon Kendall, Anthony Bennett, Matt Bonner(if he gets his citizenship)
Sf-Andrew Wiggins, Kris joseph, Aaron Doornekamp, Olu Famutimi, Jevohn Shepherd, Nik Stauskas
Sg-Carl English, Andy Rautins, Denham Brown
Pg-Cory joseph, Jermaine Anderson, Myck Kabongo, Kevin Pangos

PRSURF
06-04-2013, 05:45 PM
My winner: Brazil.

Even without the NBAs, I think they will be though to beat.

World Cup Q:
Puerto Rico (we should have all the needs to classified)
Argentina (a B team, that could have problems in some games, but finally i think they will )
Canada (depends on how they will play with all those prospects emerging, this is FIBA and the style of play from Canada is not really good) or Dominican Republic(they could finish first or not go to the World Cup, they have a new manager "Orlando Antigua", naturalized James Feldeine, and thats keep out C ViLLANUEVA, Josh Assellin and Sammy Mejia, so all the force in the paint is on Horford, Baez and Jack Micheal Martinez)

Mexico with Ayon and Mata, Jamaica with Samuels, Thompson and others could be the underdogs.

Dtown
08-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Well we're two months closer, any change, or any more predictions?

PRSURF
08-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Well, I see Dominicana winning Canada now...

saalsapr
08-13-2013, 03:14 AM
My winner: Puerto Rico (thank God Trinidad & Tobago isn't participating in this tournament)

Also qualifies:

Brasil

Canada

And just to everyones surprise

Mexico

Argentina grabs a wild card later on.

Dark Horse is also Jamaica.

J-Mart
08-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Brazil, Canada, Puerto Rico, Argentina in that order.

PRSURF
08-13-2013, 05:11 PM
My winner: Argentina

World Cup Q:
Puerto Rico
Canada
Dominicana

Wild Card Drama: Brasil

soulis79
08-13-2013, 06:27 PM
Brazil,Argentina and Puerto Rico are the teams that will go to Spain. Dominican Republic and Canada should fight for the last spot. Underdog? My pick is Jamaica if they play as a team. Worst team is Paraguay. Uruguay will better team now than 2011 but it's very difficult to go through. Venezuela without Vasquez is a mediocre team. With him they can make it, but it's difficult.
My picks:

1 Brazil
2 Puerto Rico
3 Argentina
4 Canada
5 Dominican Republic(Possible Wild Card)
6 Venezuela
7 Uruguay
8 Mexico
9 Jamaica
10 Paraguay
:p

selcuky
08-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Argentina, Brazil, Puerto Rico & Canada. No question!

saalsapr
08-28-2013, 01:10 AM
I want to make one last change.

1 PR
2 Argentina
3 Brasil
4 Mexico

rocketstar47
08-28-2013, 01:45 AM
Canada for me is a darkhorse to win the championship
Venezuela also has a chance to medal and qualify
Dominican Republic their performance in 2011 is the best for their country, if they continue it despite changes in the coaching staff they
will have a chance.
Argentina-Scola is the only veteran here other are young and inexperience but still they can win a medal here
Brazil-another big ? for them
Puerto Rico- IDK

greenarcher
08-28-2013, 02:04 AM
Canada is strong on paper but how well do they play as a team? You can't simply assemble an all-star line-up and expect to win unless you're Team USA.

Puerto Rico has an intact line-up while all others have missing key players. Anything less than a championship will be disappointing.

TDW
08-28-2013, 03:52 AM
Canada is strong on paper but how well do they play as a team? You can't simply assemble an all-star line-up and expect to win unless you're Team USA.

Puerto Rico has an intact line-up while all others have missing key players. Anything less than a championship will be disappointing.

Puerto Rico's line-up is not intact, we're missing 2 players from the starting line-up (PJ Ramos and Nathan Peavy).

Federoy
08-28-2013, 04:17 AM
My Prediction:

1) Argentina
2) Brazil
3) Puerto Rico
4) Canada
5) Dominican Rep.
6) Mexico
7) Venezuela
8) Uruguay
9) Jamaica
10) Paraguay

greenarcher
08-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Where's Ramos?

Has Adam Parada retired from Mexico?

Mojado
08-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Where's Ramos?

Has Adam Parada retired from Mexico?

Parada isn't the Parada from years ago. He is not even a starter in Mexico these days, coming off the bench for Xalapa.

My picks are:
Puerto Rico
Brazil
Argentina
Canada

Hope Mexico gets an invitation though...

soulis79
08-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Hope Mexico gets an invitation though...

One invitation/wild card will go to China. The other 2 will go to Europe. The last one, i don't know. Maybe to Americas,maybe to Europe. We'll see.

J-Mart
08-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Where's Ramos?

knee surgery