PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best NBA Euro rookie so far?

rikhardur
12-08-2006, 07:11 PM
I hope I didn't miss any.
Also check their current stats: http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Scoring.jsp?league=00&season=22006&conf=OVERALL&position=0&splitType=9&splitScope=GAME&qualified=N&yearsExp=0&splitDD=All%20Teams

I was unsure between Garbajosa and Bargnani, but I chose the latter. Despite being a much younger player (still a lot to learn), he has the same point average in 18 games but 10 mpg less than the Spaniard, better FT and 3pt shooting by now and has been more steady throughout the games.

BBallfanJ
12-08-2006, 07:23 PM
I would call it a tie right now between Bargnani and Garbajosa. By the end of the year it will probably be Bargnani, but right now it's even between those two.

GR8BBALL
12-09-2006, 05:39 AM
I would call it a tie right now between Bargnani and Garbajosa. By the end of the year it will probably be Bargnani, but right now it's even between those two.

same here...

ziv
12-09-2006, 08:32 AM
does ilyasove counts as a rookie? didn't he play for the team last year? or did he play only d-league?
the list is missing gelabele who is getting more chances in the sonics than sergio, for example.
mmm... don't know. i'd go with jorge.
and btw - i'm kinda surprised with diwara. not only with the fact he got to league but also with the fine start he made.

The Barbarian
12-09-2006, 11:04 AM
I think Bargnani is going to be Rookie of the year. Not only European ROY. But he is going to see his minutes limited in the short term, coinciding with Mo Pete returning to the starting line-up.
So far this season the best european rookie has been Jorge Garbajosa, even if there is no stat for intangibles.

The Barbarian
12-09-2006, 11:10 AM
the list is missing gelabele who is getting more chances in the sonics than sergio, for example.

At first it seemed Sergio was not going to see any playing time in a team already full of point guards (Jarret Jack, Brandon Roy, Dan Dickau, J.Dixon…) and also due to Nate McMillan peculiar policy with rookies. The organization was seriously considering sending Rodriguez to the NBDL. However, Sergio eventually started to see some action after Roy’s injury. Now he has played in 15 games this season and is leading the league in assists per 48 minutes. It’s true his situation is not stable, but he is certainly playing more than “Flying Mick”.

rikhardur
12-09-2006, 05:02 PM
does ilyasove counts as a rookie? didn't he play for the team last year? or did he play only d-league?
You're right, I missed Gelabale. Apparently he is not on the stat list of rookies (weird), I guided from it.
As for İlyasova, yes, it's his first season in the NBA.

Joško Poljak Fan
12-09-2006, 05:44 PM
it's between Bargani and Garbajosa I don't think anyone else will be even close at the end of the season.
Right now Garbajosa is the better one.

Victorious
12-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Well, Bargnani and Garbajosa do play at the worst NBA team, so its easier to get some points. There are also quite many Euro players on their team so they might feel more confortable compared to the others.

Taking nothing away from the talent both players have.

Neozyrus
12-12-2006, 12:09 AM
For me there is no doubt that Bargnani is the next best thing, he is improving very quickly and his talent is out of discussion but, right now, i think that Garbajosa is much better and that is the NBA euro rookie of the year (He is ranked 3rd in overall rookie standing so... what else does he has to do?)

Sergio, Spanoulis, Gelabale, Illiasova, Markota, Glyniadakis.... they are so much better that many american players, and they play soooo little... :(

PRSURF
12-12-2006, 01:07 AM
Jose Juan Barea from Dallas Mavericks, puertorican ;)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6322/actjosebareanp0.jpg

elaj
12-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Jose Juan Barea from Dallas Mavericks, puertorican ;)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6322/actjosebareanp0.jpg
I didn't know Puerto Rico is in Europe?!:eek:

;)

Manatax
12-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I didn't know Puerto Rico is in Europe?!:eek:

Well, just consider him "spaniard"... :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
12-12-2006, 05:09 PM
Sergio, Spanoulis, Gelabale, Illiasova, Markota, Glyniadakis.... they are so much better that many american players, and they play soooo little... :(
I got your point, it's just that I would exclude Glyniadakis from this sentence... and maybee Markota. I wasn't impressed by Glyniadakis at all, while Markota went to NBA too early and will be remembered just as another wasted european talent. with one or two more years in euroleague he could do miracles compared to his warming bench right now.

turkishpower
12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Garbajosa but in the future Ersan will be way better than most of the players on the list. (I can see Bargnani the only better guy)

PRSURF
12-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Considered me "spaniard" too, because my father is from catalunya(Armacelles, Lleida :D )hehehe, but Ilove Puerto Rico, hehehe

pd: off topic Barea sorry haha:D :o

Phantim3dx
12-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Puerto Ricans as being spaniard, last I recall it was a commonwealth of the US whose citizens obtain US citizenship. Seriously when is PR going to finally join the union?
BTW is Vida Guerra a boricua or is she some other form of Hispanic, just a curious thought

spartanos
12-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I also voted for garbajosa but i think most players on the list will have very good careers in the nba expecelly Spanoulis and Sergio Rodríguez

GR8BBALL
12-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Given that Bargnani will further improve his numbers throughout the season he'll have good chances for ROY.

CreEkShooT
12-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Garbajosa but in the future Ersan will be way better than most of the players on the list. (I can see Bargnani the only better guy)
typical turkish answer....:D :D :p :p :mad: :mad:

damelo
12-13-2006, 05:13 PM
I voted for Diawara. Already, for the moment, and excluding Garba because I think he is too old to be a real rookie, I think the two bests are him and Spanoulis. Selofosha made some good games too, like Bargnani, but I think no one is really consistent for the moment. I think Bargnani will improve for his time of play will grow, whereas the other will have to fight all season long to play. That will make the difference, and Bargnani will be the best European rookie this year.

turkishpower
12-13-2006, 06:31 PM
typical turkish answer....:D :D :p :p :mad: :mad:

is it wrong though? How many players in Europe born in 1987 is better than Ersan? He has to improve though, he is still quite raw. But he has the material to be a star player.

if I'm wrong, say it ;)

you don't like me? :rolleyes:

Juan Carlos Nadal
12-13-2006, 06:38 PM
born in 1987

:D

Ok, serisouly now, Ersan has a massive potential. I am keeping an eye on him and I would expect great things from him in the near future.

elaj
12-13-2006, 07:14 PM
is it wrong though? How many players in Europe born in 1987 is better than Ersan? He has to improve though, he is still quite raw. But he has the material to be a star player.

if I'm wrong, say it ;)

Ersan was born in 1984.

turkishpower
12-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Ersan is born in 1984.

if you don't know something for sure, don't comment about it. There used to be rumors about Ersan being born in 1984 before, but nobody could prove it. So, don't bring the claims here and try to show as true.
Ilyasova was born in 1987 and is one of the top 3 best 1987 born players in Europe. Nobody can reject that

Juan Carlos Nadal
12-13-2006, 11:50 PM
if you don't know something for sure, don't comment about it. There used to be rumors about Ersan being born in 1984 before, but nobody could prove it. So, don't bring the claims here and try to show as true.
Ilyasova was born in 1987 and is one of the top 3 best 1987 born players in Europe. Nobody can reject that

We don't know for sure that he was born in 1987 either. That is the whole point. Neither of us can prove it in fact. IMO, where there's smoke there's a fire. It doesn't matter anyway, the kid (or dude) has a bright future in front of him.

turkishpower
12-13-2006, 11:58 PM
We don't know for sure that he was born in 1987 either. That is the whole point. Neither of us can prove it in fact. IMO, where there's smoke there's a fire. It doesn't matter anyway, the kid (or dude) has a bright future in front of him.

I don't think so man. He was born in 1987. We don't have to prove it. But if someone is claiming that he is actually 1984 born, then he has to prove that. He can not just throw some clay at the guy and run away. He probably saw it in some non-official sites and he is bringing that here. I'm not supposed to prove it, cause he is right now 19 years old. If you don't agree with me, then justify your theory.

BTW, 3 age matters a lot. He wouldn't have a bright future if he were to be born in 1984. He would be 22 years old right now. That's not too young... And he hasn't proven himself in senior competitions a lot...

Peace out babies

Juan Carlos Nadal
12-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Man, you can believe what you want, and it's fair enough. It is a common secret that Ulker tried to hide his real age, taking advantage of his lost papers from back in Uzbekistan. And I am using turkish sources here. To me it doesn't matter. Now it's too late to prove anything. But if one day we see his athletic abilities deteriorating when he is still..."29" then we may have an indication of his real age.

CreEkShooT
12-14-2006, 02:11 PM

if I'm wrong, say it ;)

well there is one and jis name is big sofo....or sofoklis sxortsianitis who is a having one of his worst years now with gershin in oly
:) :( :confused: :mad: :p ;) :D :o :rolleyes: :cool: :eek: xaxa lol

elaj
12-14-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm sure enough to comment these things.His real age will come out when he'll be around 30 years old, I'm sure...:)

Buducnost PG
12-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Garbajosa and Bargnani play good so far. Bargnani is getting better from game to game. Jose is struggeling with his 3 pointers but i think with some more games the shoots will fall down for him from 3 pointrange. Sergio Rodriguez had a chance for 2 or 3 games and he played well, but now he is sitting on the bench again. If i am right then he had 12 assits in one game. He deserv to play more, but Portland is loaded with PG´s and SG´s. But his time will come. Ilyasova had his chance but i wasn´t impressed from that what he showed. Rebounding was OK, all other things not. Spanoulis is getting his minutes and has the chance to show what he can do, but he is making to much Turnovers and if he doesn´t develop into a better player then he will be at the end of the bench when Snyder is back. Markota. What to say? He will not play a lot this season. After Garbajosa and Bargnani the beste Rookie from Europe is Diawarra. He plays good and that´s a positive suprise for me.

Buducnost PG
12-16-2006, 09:13 AM
Sergio Rodriguez get some playing time against the Clippers and dished out 7 Assits in 12 minutes.:cool:

achinet
12-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Sergio Rodriguez get some playing time against the Clippers and dished out 7 Assits in 12 minutes.:cool:

Yes, "CHACHO" is the next Nash.:)