Canadian Nik Stauskas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Nik Stauskas!

Nik Stauskas who got his basketball start with Lithuanian club team Aušra in Toronto is making a lot of noise in the NCAA championship tournament with his teammates from the Michigan Wolverines:

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. The Province offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Nik Stauskas - Wikipedia

Aušra

Last edited by Hepcat; 04-04-2013, 12:43 AM.

Congrats!

Nik Stauskas named first-team All-America, joins elite Michigan basketball company

His NBA draft stock is also rising.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Welcome to the Kings!
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

I'm cool with him donning #10.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Hey! Interesting the way that worked out for you. Your Sacramento Kings had the eighth overall pick in the NBA draft and chose Stauskas!

Comment

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              That's unfair! The guy will be killing (or giving a lot of headache) Lithuania in next Olympics already
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I love Stau's progress under Karl. Tonight: 4-5 shooting with 10 points in the first half.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Nick Stauskas is now called Sauce Castillo.

Story: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...180042667.html

It was a weird evening but he put it into good plays.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

I wish Nik Stauskas well with Philadelphia. They develop younger players well compared to the confusing state of Sacramento. He is a happy camper and can only improve as he grows with his fellow young players.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

I too am glad to see Nik Stauskas with the Philadelphia 76ers rather than the Sacramento Kings. First of all Philadelphia is either a reasonable eight hour drive or a one hour direct flight from Toronto where Stauskas' family and many friends live. Secondly the 76ers visit Toronto more frequently to play the Raptors than do the Kings. Finally the Philadelphia 76ers get much more TV coverage and press attention in general in the Northeast than do the Sacramento Kings. Not only is Philadelphia in the same time zone as Toronto as opposed to three hours apart, but there's simply more interest in the 76ers around here. Hall of Fame players such as Wilt Chamberlain, Julius Erving, Dolph Schayes, Hal Greer, Billy Cunningham, Moses Malone, Charles Barkley and Allen Iverson have left the 76ers with a very decent following in this neck of the country. In comparison, the fanbase of the Sacramento Kings is negligible.

Also since his club team Aušra in the Toronto recreational league played out of the church I attend on occasion (not very religiously though), I'll personally be very happy to see Nik Stauskas playing in Toronto against the Raptors more often.

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-19-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I understand that Nik Stauskas, and Anthony Bennett, didn't play in yesterday's Bronze Medal game versus Mexico due to illness. I wonder if that could have been a factor in their sub-par performance and exit from the game in the semi-final against Venezuela?

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                          I understand that Nik Stauskas, and Anthony Bennett, didn't play in yesterday's Bronze Medal game versus Mexico due to illness. I wonder if that could have been a factor in their sub-par performance and exit from the game in the semi-final against Venezuela?

A late reply here, but yes...

They both had food poisoning and spent time in the hospital prior to the game against Venezuela. Just one more of the many things that went wrong for Canada that day

Comment

Nice jam by Nik Stauskas here:

Comment

Interesting that Nik Stauskas has landed a gig as a TSN network analyst for the NBA playoffs!

Stauskas Breaks Down Pacers' Final Shot

Last edited by Hepcat; 04-28-2016, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information