Redstar v Partizan Riot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redstar v Partizan Riot

Not sure where to post this one as only heard bits of the news but what really happened here. This looked like some major riot going on in this stadium. Was it after the game? This is not the one in June, but apparently happened this week sometime against a Greek team?>???

Yes, and here you have all info!

http://rapidshare.com/files/6249601/..._paok.wmv.html -> here is video, and here are pictures -> http://www.mtsmondo.com/gallery/inde...&destination=0

Comment

that's not the same case Phillip, I believe Lietuvis is talking about the riot from the last season finals of serbian championship.

I believe there was a discussion abpout it in Serbian forum back than, i'm too lazy to search for it...
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by PHILIPeurobasket
        Yes, and here you have all info!

http://rapidshare.com/files/6249601/..._paok.wmv.html -> here is video, and here are pictures -> http://www.mtsmondo.com/gallery/inde...&destination=0
        That's a different game...

Well, if you want to "understand" why they hate each other, read the wikipedia articles Grobari - Delije.

We already had such a disscussion here.

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
          that's not the same case Phillip, I believe Lietuvis is talking about the riot from the last season finals of serbian championship.

I believe there was a discussion abpout it in Serbian forum back than, i'm too lazy to search for it...
          You guys are too quick, as I did get them mixed up. It is the one that just happened that I saw on the news just now. Apologies for the mix up as I have quickly tried to edit my posts b4 anyone has read them in the space of minutes!!!

Comment

well grobari decided to help PAOK fans vs. Zvezda (which generaly sympathises with Olympiakos), delije got pissed off because of it... and it doesn't really take much for a riot... i don't think it's the last one this season
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Cheers, so it was related to the earlier incident in June and the ongoing rivalry between Grobari - Delije.

Comment

well Grobari decided to help PAOK fans vs. Zvezda (which generaly sympathises with Olympiakos), delije got pissed off because of it... and it doesn't really take much for a riot... i don't think it's the last one this season
                paok fans are like brothers with partizan fans and olympiacos fans are like brothers with red star fans!in hala pionir were fans from all those 4 teams and when fans of paok,partizan(together) and olympiacos,red star(together) are in a close building together things get ugly pretty quick!
                http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
                Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

Originally posted by rchos7
                  paok fans are like brothers with partizan fans and olympiacos fans are like brothers with red star fans!in hala pionir were fans from all those 4 teams and when fans of paok,partizan(together) and olympiacos,red star(together) are in a close building together things get ugly pretty quick!
                  ...and grobari also support Panathinaikos, just because delije support Olympiakos and the other way around...

if it wasn't for the security on the stadiums, imo Zvezda and Partizan could easily move to Belgrade arena with 19.000 capacity...

Comment

I just read about this on Xinhuanet.

I was pretty down and sad all day because i wasn't too happy with my results in class, then i read this news and about to watch the video! ya!!!

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20...nt_5449778.htm

In the future should the NBA continue to have friendly exhibitions in Europe I STRONGLY would want them to play Greek basketball teams in Greece, and any other form where fans are this devoted and idiotic. I of course would not want anything happen to the US basketball players, but I just want to see senseless violence violence amongst the fans. I seriously enjoy watching things on tv that report the brawls between sports fans in Europe...I'm having blood lust today

Here's the video I pulled up on youtube! Let others fight so an american company like youtube can profit...yay for capitalism!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sbo26fYu-VQ
                    Last edited by Phantim3dx; 12-07-2006, 06:39 PM.
                    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

I maybe be undeducated in this particular matter but why are these fans allowed to attend these games?

This is the second time it has happened with same fans and cause much destruction and could cause a fatality, not to mention damage the reputation of the game as this has been seen world wide....

This sort of violence is unacceptable at any sporting event and the harshest penalties should be applied. This may also mean that the supporters teams mentioned below are suspended from the competition as they are also accountable for such situations.

Comment

a total disgrace to European basketball. I've never seen a highlight of European hoops on ESPN sportscenter until last night...what a way to make a name.

Comment

it was on espn? didnt catch it
                          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

and of course its all over the AP news wire as well:

Comment

You guys from the states don't concider the fact that european teams are more than just teams to their followers. The only difference between the Bulls and the Raptors are their mascots. But things in Europe are much much different. Supporters of teams like Real - Barca, Olympiacos - pao, Crvena Zvezda - Partizan come from very different worlds. Supporting a team in europe means you have a curtain ideology about life, about economy, about social differences and classes, about religion and mainly about politics. Our grandfathers most probably fought eachother in civil wars like they did in Spain with spains dictator Franco (a huge Real fan) committing attrocities against Barcelonas' Catalonians.
                              Same things applies in Greece. Same things apply in Serbia. So if I see a pao fan across the street, I don't see another human beeing, I see all the different things that makes us enemies. So before comparing the States with its 100 year old history with Europes 2000 year old history, try to think twice, and stop judging poeple who are commited to serving their teams till death.
                              Three Countries. Two Colours. One Religion. Orthodox Brothers.
                              PRAVOSLAVNA BRACA - ΟΡΘΟΔΟΞΑ ΑΔΕΡΦΙΑ
                              Pravda za Uroša - Justice for Uros

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information