8. September

BIH-MAC
LTH-MNT
SER-LAT

9. September

LIT-BIH
LAT-MAC
MNT-SER

The group will be playing at Podmezakla Hall, with a capacity of 5,900 people. Expect a lot of visitors from countries out of the Ex-YU (Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia) with their fellow ex-YU nation, Slovenia hosting the tournament.

The group should also be hotly contested, just like group a, with Lithuania likely taking first place, and all other teams (besides Latvia) competing for the last two spots to continue on in the tournament.

G&B
03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
1 Lithuania
2 Serbia
3 Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 Latvia
5 Macedonia
6 Montenegro

Schedule:

4. September

SER-LTH
MAC-MNT
LAT-BIH

5. September

BIH-SER
MNT-LAT
LTH-MAC

6. September

MNT-BIH MAC-SER
LAT-LTH
8. September

BIH-MAC
LTH-MNT
SER-LAT

9. September

LIT-BIH
LAT-MAC
MNT-SER

Efesdxb
03-01-2013, 01:39 PM
1 Lithuania
2 Serbia
3 Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 Latvia
5 Macedonia
6 Montenegro

Schedule:

4. September

SER-LTH
MAC-MNT
LAT-BIH

5. September

BIH-SER
MNT-LAT
LTH-MAC

6. September

MNT-BIH MAC-SER
LAT-LTH
8. September

BIH-MAC
LTH-MNT
SER-LAT

9. September

LIT-BIH
LAT-MAC
MNT-SER

Macedonia might not perform as the last Eurobasket but are you aware that Montenegro qualified to Eurobasket by winning all 10 games they played?
Do not underestimate Montenegro, they might be the surprise of this tournament with Georgia imo.

Straight forward
03-03-2013, 04:17 PM
1 Lithuania
2 Serbia
3 Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 Latvia
5 Macedonia
6 Montenegro

Montenergo 6h! :D

They will fight for the first spot of the group and I expect them to beat Serbia, maybe even Lithuania (but better not :)).

Bosnian 23
03-04-2013, 12:53 AM
Montenergo 6h! :D

They will fight for the first spot of the group and I expect them to beat Serbia, maybe even Lithuania (but better not :)).

I would say the same, but it isn't for sure they will be getting their squad from qualifying for this tournament.

pohani komarac
03-04-2013, 09:13 AM
I would say the same, but it isn't for sure they will be getting their squad from qualifying for this tournament.

They played without Pekovic and Vucevic qualys, now they will have them

Shawshank
03-04-2013, 12:11 PM
They played without Pekovic and Vucevic qualys, now they will have them

i look at the roster of montenegro and i dont see alot of euroleague players.Without pekovic and vucevic and Cook,i know only 2-3 other players all other is unknown for me.When lets say serbian or croatians players i know about 10 of 12 usually very well from euroleague.Why so many people think they suddenly become very strong? do they change alot from eb2011? when they won only one game and finished with 1-4 record ? Those qualifing results i dont take them too seriuos,german team also won all games,but why nobody are mentioning them as favourites? Dont get me wrong,i respect former jugoslavian basketball school,but i dont see big diference between montenegro,macedonia and bosnia all of them are solid,smart teams.Best of them are not montenegro,but serbia with their best players.I know they lost againts montenegro,but they also lost to estonia and israel and it shows serbia didnt take Qualification too seriuos...Lithuania also lost to macedonia one game,so this makes them stronger? Its sport everything sometimes can happen.I dont see how montenegro can fight for the 1 spot in this group,im not sure they will survive this strong group.Lithuania,Serbia and anybody in this group.

pohani komarac
03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
i look at the roster of montenegro and i dont see alot of euroleague players.Without pekovic and vucevic and Cook,i know only 2-3 other players all other is unknown for me.When lets say serbian or croatians players i know about 10 of 12 usually very well from euroleague.Why so many people think they suddenly become very strong? do they change alot from eb2011? when they won only one game and finished with 1-4 record ? Those qualifing results i dont take them too seriuos,german team also won all games,but why nobody are mentioning them as favourites? Dont get me wrong,i respect former jugoslavian basketball school,but i dont see big diference between montenegro,macedonia and bosnia all of them are solid,smart teams.Best of them are not montenegro,but serbia with their best players.I know they lost againts montenegro,but they also lost to estonia and israel and it shows serbia didnt take Qualification too seriuos...Lithuania also lost to macedonia one game,so this makes them stronger? Its sport everything sometimes can happen.I dont see how montenegro can fight for the 1 spot in this group,im not sure they will survive this strong group.Lithuania,Serbia and anybody in this group.

just because most are unknown does not mean they can't play. Those who folow eurobasketball deeper know players such as Mihailovic can play as role player in EL.

Vucevic and Pekovic are star centers, while Bojan Dubljevic is one of best young europian PF and now when transferd to Valencia is prooving that. He is alredy TOP 16 euroleague PF and I can't belive how manny teams missed such player. Milko Bjelica (Caja) and Vladimir Dragicevic (Spartak) are good anuff to form one of best froncourts in eurobasketball. Pekovic, Vucevic, dubljevic, M. Bjelica. V. Dragicevic. + young prospect Todorovic in Barcelona.

their 2-3 spots are coverd with good role players who can play hack of defense, shoot spotup 3's and drive to basket when somebody else creates advatage for them. Aleksa Popovic, Vladimir Mihailovic, Sehovic (older) Milos Borisov (not good defender, but skilled player who can play with back to basket, shoot 3,s and penetrate) are all good eurocup, borderline EL role players. They also have Vladimir Dasic on 3-4 but if I was their coach I would not have him in team

They bigest weeknes is PG where they have old veteran Jeretin, but they have one of best young PG prospect Nikola Ivanovic 94. who plays good eurocup level basketball for 2 years. But if they add player such as Bobby Brown who is rumoured to play for them it changes lot of things

What they miss is only scoring player who can create and if they add Bobby Brown it change lot of things and in my mind puts them among top 10 teams for sure. because with Bobby their averge players they have on 2-3 spot are not that big weaknes, but actually can be theri strenght.

B. Brown, Ivanovic, (Jeretin, Bakic brothers)
Mihailovic, Popvic A. (Popovic M.,)
Sehovic, Borisov, Dasic (Sehovic)
Dubljevic, Bjelica, Dragicevic
Pekovic, Vucevic

Tough, without Bobby Brown or some other big name on PG spot they are just average team with great bigs and weak backcourt

Shawshank
03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
just because most are unknown does not mean they can't play. Those who folow eurobasketball deeper know players such as Mihailovic can play as role player in EL.

Vucevic and Pekovic are star centers, while Bojan Dubljevic is one of best young europian PF and now when transferd to Valencia is prooving that. He is alredy TOP 16 euroleague PF and I can't belive how manny teams missed such player. Milko Bjelica (Caja) and Vladimir Dragicevic (Spartak) are good anuff to form one of best froncourts in eurobasketball. Pekovic, Vucevic, dubljevic, M. Bjelica. V. Dragicevic. + young prospect Todorovic in Barcelona.

their 2-3 spots are coverd with good role players who can play hack of defense, shoot spotup 3's and drive to basket when somebody else creates advatage for them. Aleksa Popovic, Vladimir Mihailovic, Sehovic (older) Milos Borisov (not good defender, but skilled player who can play with back to basket, shoot 3,s and penetrate) are all good eurocup, borderline EL role players. They also have Vladimir Dasic on 3-4 but if I was their coach I would not have him in team

They bigest weeknes is PG where they have old veteran Jeretin, but they have one of best young PG prospect Nikola Ivanovic 94. who plays good eurocup level basketball for 2 years. But if they add player such as Bobby Brown who is rumoured to play for them it changes lot of things

What they miss is only scoring player who can create and if they add Bobby Brown it change lot of things and in my mind puts them among top 10 teams for sure. because with Bobby their averge players they have on 2-3 spot are not that big weaknes, but actually can be theri strenght.

Pekovic, Vucevic

Tough, without Bobby Brown or some other big name on PG spot they are just average team with great bigs and weak backcourt

Thanks for the info.Ofcourse its changes situation,give to almost any european team best euroleague player of 2013 and that team will have a chance to be in top10.So this is macedonia 2 case.Good superstar american in PG and put with solid jugoslavian school players and you have a shot.But still what i have read in your comments about young talented , promising players so this is more of future team, so why manny people betting on them already this year?
THis is getting funny 5 years from know 90% european teams main PG will be american :) Hmm im affraid there maybe will come time,maybe even we big nacionalist lithuanians (when we talking about basketball) gonna go easy way,pay million dollar to nbas PG and suround him with our 11 euroleague level players and we gonna end up in top4 almost every year :) But as kazlauskas said 2 months ago: those wins wouldnt be the same...

MY sympathys will go to serbia,bosnia and latvia in this group atleast they are playing their own boys.Sorry I cant support browns and mclabebs in european championships

pohani komarac
03-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the info.Ofcourse its changes situation,give to almost any european team best euroleague player of 2013 and that team will have a chance to be in top10.So this is macedonia 2 case.Good superstar american in PG and put with solid jugoslavian school players and you have a shot.But still what i have read in your comments about young talented , promising players so this is more of future team, so why manny people betting on them already this year?
THis is getting funny 5 years from know 90% european teams main PG will be american .Sorry I cant support browns and mclabebs in european championships

I agree. This is becoming big JOKE!

I do not suport Mirotic case, but atlest I can understand when kid takes other nation passport.

But thic McCaleb, Draper, Kelati etc....it's big disgrace for their coutries including my own:( and big joke

Mindozas
03-04-2013, 06:05 PM
MY sympathys will go to serbia,bosnia and latvia in this group atleast they are playing their own boys.Sorry I cant support browns and mclabebs in european championships

Bosnia had Domercant in last Eurobasket, in qualies Zack Wright from Spartak St.P played as naturalised player

Joško Poljak Fan
03-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Montenegro could easily be a medal contender with better backcourt. However I can't wipe the memories from Lithuania out of my head, when their superb frontcourt didn't even get to show half of their abilities with their opponents constantly pressuring Cook and Jeretin at half court. I don't think Brown is the player they need there.

Imo this will be the toughest group, apart from Lithuania imo it's impossible to say which other teams will get through. Serbia should pass, yet not the way they've been playing in the qualies.

Terrorizer
03-09-2013, 10:34 AM
Montenegro could easily be a medal contender with better backcourt. However I can't wipe the memories from Lithuania out of my head, when their superb frontcourt didn't even get to show half of their abilities with their opponents constantly pressuring Cook and Jeretin at half court. I don't think Brown is the player they need there.

Imo this will be the toughest group, apart from Lithuania imo it's impossible to say which other teams will get through. Serbia should pass, yet not the way they've been playing in the qualies.
Does toughest means most tense or the one with the best quality for you in this sentence? If the latter then I won't agree with you as both C and D are much better.
I think that Montenegro gets terribly overrated because of the Pekovic+Vucevic duo's star status in NBA. Their backcourt is good if stupid and one-dimensional (especially if we consider those two leaders) with Dubljevic being the most sympathetic, useful and bright player and this trio of Pekovic-Vucevic-Dubljevic can get some help from the smart role players like Vladimir Dragicevic or tough role players like Milko Bjelica. Still I won't think that this froncourt is better than, say, Kaun/Mozgov-Khryapa/Vorontsevich and many others. But their backcourt is hideous for this level. At three they have at least some quality with Sehovic brothers and Dasic (yet the latter needs extremely intelligent and strict coaching in order to be more useful than hurting his team) but at 1-2 they are one of the worse team in this tournament. Jeretin was good but is a thing of the past, Ivanovic is a bright prospect but he can compete at this level only some 4-5 years later at best (or maybe never), Pavkovic is a decent role player but nothing more. Who's else for 1-3 position? Aleksa Popovic? Bakic bros? Borisov who wasted all his potential? Some youngsters still unfit for this level? They aren't good enough for Eurobasket, it's perfectly clear. Belgium, which goes 23-24 in all those rankings, has much better backcourt with Sam van Rossom and Beye Tabu being quality options and even their substitutes like Roel Moors in his mid 30s and Guy Muya are better than Montenegrin backcourt players. I won't be so sure in Montenegro going past first group stage as both Macedonia which already proved what a good system can do and BiH (with good quality players in Teletovic, Djedovic, Kikanovic, much hated Bajramovic and very solid PG Zach Wright yet Aco Petrovic counterbalances it with his drastically deteriorated coaching) can overcome hugely unbalanced and thin Montenegrin NT.

pohani komarac
03-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Despite Aco Petrovic being bad coach, 1 thing is sure. This B&H team fits him perfectly....from mentality to players

They will have atelst 1 unexpected win. You can bet on it...It will be 3 point contest game

Aco "Trica" and Mirza "Trica"....is there any better fit coach-player in world then those 2???...it will be so fun to watch

trica---(3 pionter and nick of Aco Petrovic)

G&B
04-07-2013, 06:00 PM
I hope the Lithuanian team will look like this:
1 Kalnietis (Lokomotiv); Jushkevicius (Zalgiris)
2 Gecevicius (Olimpiakos)
2-3 Pocius (Real); Seibutis (Lietuvos Rytas)
3 Kuzminskas (Zalgiris);Maciulis (Panatinaikos) Jasaitis (Lokomotiv)
3-4 Kleiza (Toronto Raptors NBA)
4 Motiejunas (Huston Rocets NBA); Jankunas (Zalgiris)
4-5 K.Lavrinovicius (Zalgiris)
5 Valanciunas (Toronto Raptors NBA); Javtokas (Zalgiris)

coach: Kazlauskas

can get into team:
D.Lavrinovicius (Zalgiris) ;Kaliauskas (VEF) Katelynas (Lietuvos Rytas)Orelikas (Rudupis); Gailius (Neptunas) Stauskas (finalist NCAA)

I think with this team we can fully claim the medals

Ayrfon
04-15-2013, 11:15 AM
Just saw this thread...
I agree with most of the things written, especially with Shawshank...
i think many will be surprised with Montenegro youngsters like Ivanovic, Popovic...and they might really make a surprise at this championship if BB fits good...but i really hate this thing with giving passports and changing Americans every year...i think the ultimate irony was when Holden brought the gold for Russia :)
I like Macedonians and especially their fighting spirit but i honestly doubt they will repeat their success any time soon...Imho no matter what, Serbia and Croatia with all the players are strongest Yugo teams...

Joško Poljak Fan
04-16-2013, 09:49 AM
Haven't seen your reply before :)

Does toughest means most tense or the one with the best quality for you in this sentence? If the latter then I won't agree with you as both C and D are much better.
Well our opinions vary. It's still to early to tell, but I've got a feeling Montenegro and BiH could surprise, while Serbia and Lithuania will be at the expected level and Macedonia + Latvia shouldn't be underestimated either. This said, while it'll definately be the most intensive group I think "the toughest" would relate best with the ease of getting promoted as I don't think 5th or 6th team will perform on an outsider level as I'd expect in some other groups.
It's still early to tell, but so far it seems some teams might appear much weaker than their name suggests.

think that Montenegro gets terribly overrated because of the Pekovic+Vucevic duo's star status in NBA. Their backcourt is good if stupid and one-dimensional (especially if we consider those two leaders) with Dubljevic being the most sympathetic, useful and bright player and this trio of Pekovic-Vucevic-Dubljevic can get some help from the smart role players like Vladimir Dragicevic or tough role players like Milko Bjelica. Still I won't think that this froncourt is better than, say, Kaun/Mozgov-Khryapa/Vorontsevich and many others.
As much as I value Vorontsevich or Hryapa, Vučević and Peković are a no match here, mostlikely for any non-spanish team participating at the next eurobasket.

I do share your remarks about the guards. Aleksa Popović lacks the experience, but can have his bright moments though, Ivanović at least in the last few games I've witnessed isn't developing up to my taste, Bakić bros. etc. aren't up to the level... As I've said they only need a true PG, not really neccesarily a good offensive talent, but the one that'd understand the principles of spreading the floor, ball circulation, nail an open threepointer, transfer the ball up court and most of all, deliver it to Peković and Vučević in the exact same moment while they'll be getting a whole shitload of different aproaches to be cut of from it.
Montenegro could either be BIG or they could end up 6th in group.

pohani komarac
04-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Ivanovic has bad luck with coach. Radonjic is lot like Vujosevic. Total guard killer with his strict disciplined basketball. Ivanovic will play lot better under Pavicevic

macleopard13
05-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Pekovic, Vucevic

Bobby Brown for Montenegro, where he has never played, has no familial connections with it and doesn't know the language :D??! European basketball is continuing to degrade.

Pero Antic
05-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Gecevski is defintely out the rest is in plus maybe some prospecting guys This year we have a bigger bench and more experience

Macedonia will top this group mark my words if guys like Aco Petrovic (bosnia coach) is talking about beating us with easy going and predict us to be last in this tourney:rolleyes: talking bullshit that we will arrive with a Bteam not knowing anything totally goes to our favour. Lithuania is not managing to beat us twice at home now they want to destroy us in slovenia infront of a much larger Macedonian crowd with a much weaker team good luck :cool:. Serbia will be much weaker than expected (Teodosic, Savanovic, Erceg, Macvan, Markovic all out) our players will be extra motivated against them. Montenegro is overrated but for me the most dangerous team in this group still i dont know why but we will beat them this time. Bosnia is not getting out of this Group they have good players but a stupid coach and bullshit mentality. Latvia will get a full rape from all teams.

Now some Lithuanian and Greek Experts will show up and will tell me that we are not gona make it again.....thats why they are scared they dont want us to make it again its a frustation for them seeing us above their teams.

Joško Poljak Fan
05-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Not saying you guys are not going to make it, but you definately are making some bold predictions. Games turn around pretty fast in a two offense momentum and such and individualy much stronger teams in weaker groups can't claim they'll easily end up first. Especialy untill the preparation games that normaly do indicate the level one team is about to develop on the tournament.

In Latvia's case, Bertans bros., Strelnieks, Freimanis with vet's Berzins, Blums, they are definately not a naive team. Personaly I hope they'd include some of their younger talents as Timma, Oilins, Silins. They were playing far from bad the last eurobasket being by my feeling (haven't checked any official stats regarding it) one of the youngest teams along that and majority of them gained some precious experience since than, lack of which normaly does tend to show at the age of 22-23 or younger. If chemistry would go their way, they'd avoid injuries and some possesions go their way, I can easily see them being one of the pleasant surprises of this eurobasket the way Macedonia or Finland were in Lithuania. In either way, excluding them from the race at this point is naive. My guess would be you've missed majority of their games or players performances in recent period ;)

Straight forward
05-28-2013, 07:52 PM
This group is not only tough and rather equal, but the schedule also is very tricky. First day - Serbia vs Lithuania. Arguably two best teams on the paper will set a tone fot this group. One will grow it's wings, other might collapse. I hope I won't offend Serbians saying that for them this might be the key game while Lithuanians usually are constent and well prepared for the group stage (with rare exceptions like 2001, while 2009 doesn't count as that was B team at best).

Macedonia and Montenegro will meat in the first day and I rank them as next best teams and the same factor works here. At the end of the day one of the teams- Bosnia and Latvia- might take credit of these matchups (I think these teams stand one level below others before the tournament).

I'm rather confident about Lithuania's chances though. Some disagree, but I'm sure that this year Lithuania will be better than versions of 2011 and 2012. The only serious loss (hopefully no other will hapen) is Simas Jasaitis.

macleopard13
05-28-2013, 10:50 PM
Gecevski is defintely out the rest is in plus maybe some prospecting guys This year we have a bigger bench and more experience

Macedonia will top this group mark my words if guys like Aco Petrovic (bosnia coach) is talking about beating us with easy going and predict us to be last in this tourney:rolleyes: talking bullshit that we will arrive with a Bteam not knowing anything totally goes to our favour. Lithuania is not managing to beat us twice at home now they want to destroy us in slovenia infront of a much larger Macedonian crowd with a much weaker team good luck :cool:. Serbia will be much weaker than expected (Teodosic, Savanovic, Erceg, Macvan, Markovic all out) our players will be extra motivated against them. Montenegro is overrated but for me the most dangerous team in this group still i dont know why but we will beat them this time. Bosnia is not getting out of this Group they have good players but a stupid coach and bullshit mentality. Latvia will get a full rape from all teams.

Now some Lithuanian and Greek Experts will show up and will tell me that we are not gona make it again.....thats why they are scared they dont want us to make it again its a frustation for them seeing us above their teams.

You think too good of your team. Be realistic, man. The competition will be tough in this group. In my book, Macedonia will be third behind Lithuania/Montenegro (I don't know which one will take the top spot) and just above Serbia or Latvia. You're not going to beat Lithuania easily this time - I mean, we got a mastermind Kazlauskas, an NBA trio looking to prove themselves in Europe and a couple of players who can dominate on any given night (Maciulis and Kalnietis, maybe Pocius if he comes back in top shape). We're also thirsting for revenge. So either you'll need to play some beautiful basketball or we'll have to play very poorly in order for you to beat us.

Pero Antic
05-30-2013, 04:34 PM
You think too good of your team. Be realistic, man. The competition will be tough in this group. In my book, Macedonia will be third behind Lithuania/Montenegro (I don't know which one will take the top spot) and just above Serbia or Latvia. You're not going to beat Lithuania easily this time - I mean, we got a mastermind Kazlauskas, an NBA trio looking to prove themselves in Europe and a couple of players who can dominate on any given night (Maciulis and Kalnietis, maybe Pocius if he comes back in top shape). We're also thirsting for revenge. So either you'll need to play some beautiful basketball or we'll have to play very poorly in order for you to beat us.

I never said we will win easy thats stupid. Lithuania is always a good team but the main problem for them is they have to beat us...the have to.. and if we lose noone cares because thats what people expect. Macedonia is not anymore an underdog but still teams like Serbia and Lithuania are favorites and i see there our advantage. Iam confident because we have a hell of a coach which still noone recognize. After we beat greece two years ago in the groups everyone knew that we have a strong team but still teams like Slovenia, Lithuania, Georgia, Bosnia couldnt beat us the dont understemated us they played the best the could even Russia had mayor problems and we all now what happend in that games. THe thing is that if we compare as example Lithuania and Macedonia than everyone will agree that Lithuania has the better players and much more depth but we have a much better teamwork mentality and still some good guys. At the end Lithuania is slicely better but the main problem for them is to beat teams like Macedonia who are almost their level but still below and everyone expect from them to beat us whitout problems. Same story goes for Serbia they have reputation like Lithuania we doesent have that never won something. Its about mind games and how we are totaly aware of our strenght and our weakness.

macleopard13
05-30-2013, 11:23 PM
I never said we will win easy thats stupid. Lithuania is always a good team but the main problem for them is they have to beat us...the have to.. and if we lose noone cares because thats what people expect. Macedonia is not anymore an underdog but still teams like Serbia and Lithuania are favorites and i see there our advantage. Iam confident because we have a hell of a coach which still noone recognize. After we beat greece two years ago in the groups everyone knew that we have a strong team but still teams like Slovenia, Lithuania, Georgia, Bosnia couldnt beat us the dont understemated us they played the best the could even Russia had mayor problems and we all now what happend in that games. THe thing is that if we compare as example Lithuania and Macedonia than everyone will agree that Lithuania has the better players and much more depth but we have a much better teamwork mentality and still some good guys. At the end Lithuania is slicely better but the main problem for them is to beat teams like Macedonia who are almost their level but still below and everyone expect from them to beat us whitout problems. Same story goes for Serbia they have reputation like Lithuania we doesent have that never won something. Its about mind games and how we are totaly aware of our strenght and our weakness.

I see your point, but more likely what's going to happen is we'll go into tournament with the 2010 World Championship attitude of "we don't care who you are, we'll fight you to the last minute and give you hell". We're gonna run and run and run. We'll tire out our opponents. And we're gonna play iron defense - we've got a great coach too who's a mastermind on defense. Read this: http://rt.com/sport/basketball/kazlauskas-cska-moscow-basketball/. That's how it's gonna be. And since there's no home court advantage, we're going to be extra motivated, while your Macedonia will be under pressure. Sorry, but I see it as a reversal of roles. I don't know how our youngsters will do, but this will be a good chance to prove themselves, and believe me, they're gonna use it.

Pero Antic
06-01-2013, 11:44 AM
I see your point, but more likely what's going to happen is we'll go into tournament with the 2010 World Championship attitude of "we don't care who you are, we'll fight you to the last minute and give you hell". We're gonna run and run and run. We'll tire out our opponents. And we're gonna play iron defense - we've got a great coach too who's a mastermind on defense. Read this: http://rt.com/sport/basketball/kazlauskas-cska-moscow-basketball/. That's how it's gonna be. And since there's no home court advantage, we're going to be extra motivated, while your Macedonia will be under pressure. Sorry, but I see it as a reversal of roles. I don't know how our youngsters will do, but this will be a good chance to prove themselves, and believe me, they're gonna use it.

a first look we will have in Skopje where Lithuania will play against Macedonia in a preperation game after that game things will become more clear.

Straight forward
06-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Pero Antic, one loss in official game doesn't mean Lithuania has any issues with Macedonia. It's not like Lithuania- Yugoslavia thing in 90's. Not to mention it was rather stupid loss with some dumb mistakes at the end of the game. I have to say even fans don't care much about this matchup, let alone NT. To be honest, most Lithuanian fans expect way too much to care about his matchup. Tha's what reality is in Lithuania.

Markoishvili
06-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Macedonia was one tournament wonder. Let`s not pretend like they are perennial power right now. McCalebb is not playing anywhere near the level he exibited 2 years ago. Ilievski, Gecevski and Cekovski got old. And there are not many young promising players on the horizon to replace those guys.

Pero Antic
06-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Macedonia was one tournament wonder. Let`s not pretend like they are perennial power right now. McCalebb is not playing anywhere near the level he exibited 2 years ago. Ilievski, Gecevski and Cekovski got old. And there are not many young promising players on the horizon to replace those guys.

Theres is no defence in our group that can stop Mccaleb dont kid yourself one bad season doesent maked him a underperformer.

are you kidding me?

Magdevski, Dvojakovski, Nikolov, Dimitrijevic, Bakoch, Cvetkovski, Markovski are just some talents who will replace the vetereans in near future. If its not promising to be at Jordans camp twice and to be among europes most talented kids scoring average points from 35-40p. per game i dont know what is the definition of the word promising. ilievski and Gecevski where a class below these kids in their age not to mention Cekovski who is limited even Antic. In few Years we will have a much stronger team and a big bench aswell. There will be a lot more semifinals to see maybe even more....our Eurobasket 2011 was just the beginning for us we have much more to offer.

Shawshank
06-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Pero antic

why you think we have problem against macedonia? because we lost in 2011 winning by 4 points when 1 minutes left to play? We lost that game by ourselfs because presure was very big on our team and your team had no presure what so ever.We wanted to play macedonia badly in 2012 in venezuala semifinal and send you home to show who is who,but you lost to dominica by 20,we beat them by 20 next day and went to olimpics.This time presure gonna be on macedonia when you gonna play us.Because our team will go at your team with everything we got...that game against macedonia will be personal,i know how we lithuanians think,maybe we wont say it loud but our mindset will be all about payback.We dint take seriuosly you in 2011 and we got punished ,but now you have our attention and we will take you seriuosly.I like the fact that you think we have some complex against macedonia and you see a win in that game.

By level of players in this group are 2 favourites Serbia and Lithuania,but overall group are tricky...

Pero Antic
06-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Pero antic

why you think we have problem against macedonia? because we lost in 2011 winning by 4 points when 1 minutes left to play? We lost that game by ourselfs because presure was very big on our team and your team had no presure what so ever.We wanted to play macedonia badly in 2012 in venezuala semifinal and send you home to show who is who,but you lost to dominica by 20,we beat them by 20 next day and went to olimpics.This time presure gonna be on macedonia when you gonna play us.Because our team will go at your team with everything we got...that game against macedonia will be personal,i know how we lithuanians think,maybe we wont say it loud but our mindset will be all about payback.We dint take seriuosly you in 2011 and we got punished ,but now you have our attention and we will take you seriuosly.I like the fact that you think we have some complex against macedonia and you see a win in that game.

By level of players in this group are 2 favourites Serbia and Lithuania,but overall group are tricky...

I dont said you have a problem against us i dont know if its a complex you had one from Yugoslavia i know back then still you are favorites the pressure is on your side it will be always on your side but this time we play basically at home. Macedonia lost by 10p. after leading with 20p. against dom. rep. We lost that game after extreme bad coaching and some really strange calls by the refs the game is on youtube you are free to watch it. The greeks and we got cheated in Venezuela.

Shawshank
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
I dont said you have a problem against us i dont know if its a complex you had one from Yugoslavia i know back then still you are favorites the pressure is on your side it will be always on your side but this time we play basically at home. Macedonia lost by 10p. after leading with 20p. against dom. rep. We lost that game after extreme bad coaching and some really strange calls by the refs the game is on youtube you are free to watch it. The greeks and we got cheated in Venezuela.

Our team will be very motivated in game against macedonia and you understand that too.When better team is motivated for weaker team to make a suprise is lot harder...

In venezuala you wasnt cheated,its impossible to cheat if you lose 2 half 35-58....You were leading about 20 points early in the game.But than Dominica stupid streetball game got your team totally tired.Dominica has no brain,they just run run run run for 40minutes and your team with 6-7 players and the end of the game was dead tired.Especially mclabeb.He was fighting 1 against 5 in that game in 3 querter and finally when he coulnt even normally run in middle in the 4th its obviuos you have no chance.When that stupid dominic game tryed same shit running game,we put all our 12 players in rotation and they got blown out by themselfs because they do not play any defence at all ( we scored 100+ points).DOnt talk about referres and cheating,when we lithuanians got the worst of all of them,all venezuala organization was against us in that tournament (because we eliminated home team).You were lucky enough to play Dominica,when had to face alot stronger opponent Puerturico in 1/4.If i remember corectly you lost to them twice 10+ week until that tournamnet so you wanst cheated.Best 3 teams were russia,lithuania and greece in that tournament.

Greece yes there were some not fair calls at the end of the game that decided the game.Your game was decided already in middle of 4 qouerter when your players was dead tired.

Pero Antic
06-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Our team will be very motivated in game against macedonia and you understand that too.When better team is motivated for weaker team to make a suprise is lot harder...

In venezuala you wasnt cheated,its impossible to cheat if you lose 2 half 35-58....You were leading about 20 points early in the game.But than Dominica stupid streetball game got your team totally tired.Dominica has no brain,they just run run run run for 40minutes and your team with 6-7 players and the end of the game was dead tired.Especially mclabeb.He was fighting 1 against 5 in that game in 3 querter and finally when he coulnt even normally run in middle in the 4th its obviuos you have no chance.When that stupid dominic game tryed same shit running game,we put all our 12 players in rotation and they got blown out by themselfs because they do not play any defence at all ( we scored 100+ points).DOnt talk about referres and cheating,when we lithuanians got the worst of all of them,all venezuala organization was against us in that tournament (because we eliminated home team).You were lucky enough to play Dominica,when had to face alot stronger opponent in Puerturico in 1/4.If i remember corectly you lost to them twice 10+ week until that tournamnet so you wanst cheated.Best 3 teams were russia,lithuania and greece in that tournament.

Greece yes there were some not fair calls at the end of the game that decided the game.Your game was decided already in middle of 4 qouerter when your players was dead tired.

thats what i meant with extreme bad coaching...they way they played we had to rotate our full squad but we didnt our fault deserved lost.

2012 you remember that why did your team lose? we played with a joke team there..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L81DGXN5_CY

Shawshank
06-04-2013, 08:31 AM
thats what i meant with extreme bad coaching...they way they played we had to rotate our full squad but we didnt our fault deserved lost.

2012 you remember that why did your team lose? we played with a joke team there..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L81DGXN5_CY

maybe because it was first game our players played that summer and our team was missing main 6 players too in that game.We wasnt in basketball shape when we played that game,our players just come back from training in lifting room and running outside straight to that game withoyt no normal training on basketball coaurt together as team.If you take that game seriuos,the first friendly game early in the summer when nobody was playing with full rosters and nobody were showing anything as factor that you were better in 2012 is funny.Results of 2012 shown that you wasnt.Nigeria too beat us early in summer,but what happend one months later in olimpics +19 when we were better prepared.That venezuala tourament was joke for all european teams (including your team too),nobody could prepare in 3 weeks after season ended...When elite teams like Lithuania and Greece are prepared well such teams like nigeria will never beat us.

auris1
06-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Macedonia lost by 10p. after leading with 20p. against dom. rep. We lost that game after extreme bad coaching and some really strange calls by the refs the game is on youtube you are free to watch it. The greeks and we got cheated in Venezuela.
Ok,lets get real here - Macedonia lost the game (
after extreme bad coaching).
Greeks were the ones who got cheated.
I watched both games,so i believe my statement here to be true

thegreekmeister
06-12-2013, 01:49 AM
I agree. This is becoming big JOKE!

I do not suport Mirotic case, but atlest I can understand when kid takes other nation passport.

But thic McCaleb, Draper, Kelati etc....it's big disgrace for their coutries including my own:( and big joke

More than disgrace. Which teams from this group would be disgraceful like that? Montenegro and Macedonia from what I read in this thread, any other team?

pohani komarac
06-13-2013, 11:39 PM
Huge blow for Latvia. Talented Bertans who had great finish of season had bad injury (I guess that would be thorn ACL?) and is out for 5-6 months

wardjdim
06-20-2013, 01:16 PM
1 Lithuania
2 Serbia
3 Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 Latvia
5 Macedonia
6 Montenegro

I have read many ignorant posts and it's true that many shocking surprises have occurred in previous tournaments

But Montenegro finishing 6th (or not finishing in top3) in this group? That's an outrageous mention. With Pekovic and Vucevic, let alone their entire last summer undefeated team and maybe Bobby Brown as well at PG? Wow, it must be one of the worst points that have ever been made in any post I ever read in IBN :)

G&B
06-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Group too strong that you could change the two front-line players Pekovic and Vučevica, well, if you will, and maybe Brown will rise to the fourth position in the group. It is clear the preliminary guess after all unknown to the final line-up.

Ayrfon
08-11-2013, 09:52 AM
I really like Macedonian team, their spirit and also i'm sure they will have many fans in Slovenia (knowing how great they were in both men and women handball competitions held in Serbia lately)... but i honestly can't see them going through to the second round here...not in this group...Bo ain't playing on the same level, if i understood well Antic won't be playing...also nobody will underestimate them like two years ago...

Lithuania is always Lithuania...i have huge respect for their basketball tradition and school and always looking forward to seeing new names hitting 3pointers like crazy :)... With Kleiza (old one, not the one from prep games), Valanciunas etc they have potential to make it to semis...

Montenegro was supposed to be my pick for the biggest surprise of the tournament...but now playing without Pekovic, not sure they can reach as far as i thought... they have a nice roster anyway...

Latvia is the team that i know the least about (except few best players)... but seing their youngsters making great results last month i think they might be getting nice results in near future...this year i don't think they'll make it to second round but i think they might be in front of Bosnia and Macedonia...

Finally Serbian NT...i'll try to be as objective as i can... we are gonna be missing a whole bunch of players and i think you could make a very good team of those who won't be there...but this is the time for some younger ones to show their quality and take the much bigger role...as there are several whose future is supposed to be shiny... above all, i'm talking about Nedovic, Bogdanovic...i think we'll depend a lot on a decision if Teo will play or not... not a huge fan of him but it would be super important for our team to have someone like him...plus he is playing with Krstic all year long... i keep getting fascinated with Rasko Katic...nearing the end of his career...he was a bench player in Partizan yet he became a key player in Red Star and was playing and winning the battle alone against 3 "talented" Partizan centers (Musli, Gagic, Milutinov)... Now with all the missings, Duda uses him on PF too and he is doing great... Nobody is having too much expectations from this team, but i'm honestly quite optimistic (with Teo)...with starting line up Teo-Nedovic-Lucic-Bjelica-Krstic backed up by Markovic-Bogdanovic-Katic and few other youngsters, i expect to see super motivated and fighting team...we aren't on the level of France, Spain or Greece but no one can prove me we aren't capable of beating any other team... The time will show...very soon

Pero Antic
08-11-2013, 01:23 PM
I really like Macedonian team, their spirit and also i'm sure they will have many fans in Slovenia (knowing how great they were in both men and women handball competitions held in Serbia lately)... but i honestly can't see them going through to the second round here...not in this group...Bo ain't playing on the same level, if i understood well Antic won't be playing...also nobody will underestimate them like two years ago...

wrong...Antic will play and probably even Gecevski wich means a lot trouble for you guys....about mccaleb to underestemate him is the biggest mistake any Team in this eurobasket can make i really doubt a B-team Serbia is going to win against us. Once again we have no absences and will play in full squad with a good coach and more experience.

Ayrfon
08-11-2013, 03:02 PM
i don't think there is a team or a coach stupid enough to underestimate Bo... especially here where we had a pleasure to watch him play every week... i have a big respect for Gecevski and think he is one of the smartest centers in Europe...but being 36, his time is passing... of course he should never ever be underestimated...
the time will show which one of us is right but i honestly doubt you guys will make it through... tho i'd like that

Pero Antic
08-11-2013, 03:29 PM
i don't think there is a team or a coach stupid enough to underestimate Bo... especially here where we had a pleasure to watch him play every week... i have a big respect for Gecevski and think he is one of the smartest centers in Europe...but being 36, his time is passing... of course he should never ever be underestimated...
the time will show which one of us is right but i honestly doubt you guys will make it through... tho i'd like that

Well, it has been a long time ago the last time we met :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnlm1PXIXMs

young Gecevski, Ilievski and Cekovski against Divac, Danilovic, Bodiroga and co. loved to watch you guys play

MZT Skopje
08-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Macedonian Roster:

Bo Makaleb (Barcelona), Pero Antic (Atlanta Hawks), Vlado Ilievski (Uinon), Vojdan Stojanovski (Alba Berlin), Andrej Magdevski (Real Madrid), Predrag Samardzitski (Mersin), Damjan Stojanovski (MZT), Todor Gecevski (MZT), Georgi Cekovski (MZT), Aleksandar Kostoski (MZT), Darko Sokolov (Feni), Vladimir Brckov (Feni).

Todor Gecevski would not have played unless both centers Kiril Nikolovski and Bojan Trajkovski got injured, our basketball federation did beg him to play one last time.

Aleksandar22
08-18-2013, 02:50 PM
1.Lithuania
2.Serbia
3.Macedonia
4.Bosnia
5.Montenegro
6.Latvia

MZT Skopje
08-19-2013, 06:04 PM
think that macedonia will be in front of serbia. sebia will be with out lucic as well. macedonia is much stronger than serbia under the basket but also back court.

10 weeks ago i would say montenegro and serbia in front of macedonia but a lot has happened every since. montenegro with out pekovic and rajs aint the same thing, serbia with out teodosic and only krstic under the basket and he will face real problems from antic, gevevski, cekovski who are fantastic in defence. antic did eat krstic in defence on f4 EL. antic prob the best defence player in europe.

lithuania and macedonia will fight for first place and would not be suprised if macedonia wins. damjan, vojdan and bo are to fast for all lithuanians and it felt like that macedonia could have destroyd them in skopje but pipan choosed to rotate. plus first match gevevski and antic things will get better.

defence rock solid yet again prob best defence in europe. with time offensive will get better. just have a feeling that macedonia will be strong one more time.

Aleksandar22
08-19-2013, 06:19 PM
think that macedonia will be in front of serbia. sebia will be with out lucic as well. macedonia is much stronger than serbia under the basket but also back court.

10 weeks ago i would say montenegro and serbia in front of macedonia but a lot has happened every since. montenegro with out pekovic and rajs aint the same thing, serbia with out teodosic and only krstic under the basket and he will face real problems from antic, gevevski, cekovski who are fantastic in defence. antic did eat krstic in defence on f4 EL. antic prob the best defence player in europe.

lithuania and macedonia will fight for first place and would not be suprised if macedonia wins. damjan, vojdan and bo are to fast for all lithuanians and it felt like that macedonia could have destroyd them in skopje but pipan choosed to rotate. plus first match gevevski and antic things will get better.

defence rock solid yet again prob best defence in europe. with time offensive will get better. just have a feeling that macedonia will be strong one more time.

it's still uncertain for Lucic. He has some back problems and will try to undergo some therapies. I agree that Serbia and Montenegro are having problems with absent players, but still i believe that we will defeat Macedonia. I watched few games of Montenegro and I don't like what I see.

pablonis
08-19-2013, 06:26 PM
You fyromians are a bunch of seriously deluded people...

MZT Skopje
08-19-2013, 06:37 PM
haha one more internet hero. Come and visit us in Aerodrom.

macleopard13
08-19-2013, 07:23 PM
haha one more internet hero. Come and visit us in Aerodrom.

I see that arrogant Macedonian fools haven't left the forum yet. We Lithuanians have a saying for people like you - "descend to the ground".

MZT Skopje
08-19-2013, 07:41 PM
what you expect from me, he insult my nationality and i should give him kisses ?.

nevemind.

macleopard13
08-19-2013, 08:49 PM
what you expect from me, he insult my nationality and i should give him kisses ?.

nevemind.

I wasn't talking about him calling you a "fyromian", I was talking about this:

Seriously, have the decency to at least acknowledge that there are some good teams out there instead of reducing us to nothing. "We could've destroyed them in Skopje" and "prob the best defense in Europe". Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

MZT Skopje
08-19-2013, 09:08 PM
you simply quoted wrong post. well, it is my opinion that we have a good working defence. It felt like we could have run away with the match at 28-14 but than we started to rotate many reserves and let you back into the game. we roteted much more than lithuania. few of your players had 30 minutes. seems like lithuania wanted to win in skopje.

well, i think we have a good chance to make one more great result, just my opinion. in reality we might lose all 5 matches who the hell knows.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-19-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't remember Pipan rotating that much more, boxscore (http://www.musukrepsinis.lt/public/files/20130817-MKD-LTU.pdf) doesn't remember "much more" either, but sure as hell I remember various Macedonian players pointlessly jacking up three pointers as soon as Lith's got their first lead and losing the game accordingly. I guess that if Macedonians wanted to, they would nail all of those as well, right MZT? :)

MZT Skopje
08-19-2013, 10:05 PM
statistics from the match: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/8416/08/76/08/9516pljkGyuE/

antic and gecevsko both fantastic hehe. maybe pipan should play predrag and cekovski more last night. I did expect gec and pera to have a poor night since it wos first game for both , but still not this poor.

to many 3-pointers during the last 10 min, i guess thats pipan call.

graet spot btw, pipan included http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XYTxVX_LBfI

Ayrfon
08-20-2013, 08:03 PM
i think we have a BIG overestimating of Macedonian team in this topic...and underestimating Montenegro and especially Latvia...
like i said before, i really have sympathies for MKD team, especially older guys and Bo... but putting them in same line with European powerhouses after one good result...those guys sure have balls and give their 200% playing for NT but reality is there is 1 1/2 (or let's say 2) top class players and the majority of the team playing for a medium level ABA team...

but i know you guys and your mentality is similar to all the other Ex Yu countries... we won two bronze medals in athletics after 30+ years and suddenly everybody talks about the "athletics nation" :)
so i can understand you

MZT Skopje
08-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Ok I agree witrh you. But what resultas have Montenegro last 4 years ?. They still have to prove themselfs and I watch MNE against HUN and HR, just horriable. Solid players but no team play.

Macedonia decent 2007 and 2009 as well, 2009 Mirakovski missed las second lay up against Russia. So close to make Top-8 knock out stage.

Good games by Ilievski and Gecevski tonight against Spain. Lets hope that Antic will start to make some points as well and things will look good.

Our defence has been very good against LTU and ESP.

MZT might be a medium ABA ateam but Gecevski and Cekovski aint medium players. Medium players Bakic-Otasevic-Nikolic, etc. Not Gecevski and Cekovski fault that rest of the team sucks.

Part from that MZT will fight for TOP 4 this years and EL ticket. Much better roster now.

Pero Antic
08-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Ok I agree witrh you. But what resultas have Montenegro last 4 years ?. They still have to prove themselfs and I watch MNE against HUN and HR, just horriable. Solid players but no team play.

Macedonia decent 2007 and 2009 as well, 2009 Mirakovski missed las second lay up against Russia. So close to make Top-8 knock out stage.

Good games by Ilievski and Gecevski tonight against Spain. Lets hope that Antic will start to make some points as well and things will look good.

Our defence has been very good against LTU and ESP.

MZT might be a medium ABA ateam but Gecevski and Cekovski aint medium players. Medium players Bakic-Otasevic-Nikolic, etc. Not Gecevski and Cekovski fault that rest of the team sucks.

Part from that MZT will fight for TOP 4 this years and EL ticket. Much better roster now.

Gecevski is a Doctor of Basketball for all players in the ABA league he is in the all time leader list with the highest index ratings.

http://www.zadarsport.com/clanak/1239311936.php
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABA_League

MZT Skopje
08-20-2013, 10:29 PM
one of the smartest basketball players ever. pity he has such tiny legs, cuz of that poor movements slow. could have been a NBA star with good legs.

Ayrfon
08-20-2013, 10:59 PM
I agree with you guys, if he had a body that matches his brain, he'd have been a NBA star...huge respect for Gecevski :)

When i said powerhouses, i meant teams like Lithuania and Serbia...regardless of bad results lately...

Montenegro reminds me of MKD...good 3p shooters, with balls and pride playing for NT...many from the same club (Buducnost) and also 1 or 2 superstars...don't know what to expect from Vucevic, but... Latvia has great youngsters (just look at youth championships last month) and if they start making shots...and i'm sure they will, at least against one of the favorites...i see a bright future for their NT...along with Croatia...

prep games are just prep games...it's very hard to make a right judgement...but one thing is for sure, we haven't had a more unpredictable championship lately...just look at Poland with Gortat, Lampe etc...

P.S. when i said medium level ABA team, didn't wanna underestimate anyone...just meant that on paper even this weakened team of Serbia has majority of team playing in EL, not to mention Lithuanians...tho i'd rather have some other guys than EL players like Gagic or dominant centers from Turkish league like Stimac :)

MZT Skopje
08-20-2013, 11:20 PM
Ayrfon do you have latest status on Teodosic and Lucic ?.

Latvia might have a good future, but not 2013. But I am not any expert so we will just wait and see.

Ayrfon
08-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Teo just had an interview and said that he can't give predictions but it's getting better and hopes to be ready in 10 days... also he expects to play in Slovenia but it's questionable if it's only 10-15 mins per game or more...
Honestly, i'd take him anyway...we'll need him in 2nd stage...

about Lucic...some journalists (RTS) said he won't participate but all the others say he is getting better... imho injury ain't easy but he is naturally an athletic beast (has some incredibly low body fat percentage) and also a huge fighter, so if there is a slightest chance for him to play, he will...and knowing the problems we already have with forwards...

i expect to see them both in Slovenia...but perhaps there is someone on the forum who knows the situation better

unnamed
08-22-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm positive Serbia can win all the games in the group, but it also depends whether we will have full squad ready or some injured players like Teodosic or Lucic with us. Anyway, after Lithuania, Serbia has the most athletic squad here and I think athleticism and natural fitness will determine the final standings

Bosnian 23
08-22-2013, 06:55 PM
What a tough group, but we still have a good chance to finish 3rd. W can beat Latvia, as shown in qualies. plus Montnegro is missing some big players.

Mindozas
08-22-2013, 07:26 PM
What a tough group, but we still have a good chance to finish 3rd. W can beat Latvia, as shown in qualies. plus Montnegro is missing some big players.

That still probably wouldn't be enough as you need to beat (theoretically) 3 teams to get 3rd place. Close group IMO, I'm not convinced about Lithuania so far at all, actually wouldn't be hugely surprised if we would be kicked out after this stage too. We must improve our defense on perimeter badly, otherwise we might get killed by 3s against basically every team in this group as they all on a good day can shoot deadly from distance

selcuky
08-22-2013, 07:52 PM
That still probably wouldn't be enough as you need to beat (theoretically) 3 teams to get 3rd place. Close group IMO, I'm not convinced about Lithuania so far at all, actually wouldn't be hugely surprised if we would be kicked out after this stage too. We must improve our defense on perimeter badly, otherwise we might get killed by 3s against basically every team in this group as they all on a good day can shoot deadly from distance

Every team has their flaws. You are a bit critical of your nation. :)
I think Lithuania will go deep. They have impressed me so far. Besides the guards-positions, they are SO deep!

Mindozas
08-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Every team has their flaws. You are a bit critical of your nation. :)
I think Lithuania will go deep. They have impressed me so far. Besides the guards-positions, they are SO deep!

Maybe I look critical, but it's just worst case scenario which could happen and this year it's not that very far from impossible. I even took a small 50LTL bet with odds 50.00 that we will go home after this stage, just for fun :) Simply cause these Eurobaskets after Olympics are harder to predict and surprises occurs here and there as huge number of important players takes a summer off. So I wouldn't be surprised with us winning it all, the same like goin' home early. We had such experience in Eurobaskets after Olympics in 2009, in 2001, while in 1993 we failed even in qualies. Anyways, every tournament is a different story, so we'll see ;)

selcuky
08-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Maybe I look critical, but it's just worst case scenario which could happen and this year it's not that very far from impossible. I even took a small 50LTL bet with odds 50.00 that we will go home after this stage, just for fun :) Simply cause these Eurobaskets after Olympics are harder to predict and surprises occurs here and there as huge number of important players takes a summer off. So I wouldn't be surprised with us winning it all, the same like goin' home early. We had such experience in Eurobaskets after Olympics in 2009, in 2001, while in 1993 we failed even in qualies. Anyways, every tournament is a different story, so we'll see ;)

I don't look to much in to what happened in the past. Lithuania is playing great and has a great team right now. I have made a bet that says: Lithuania/Greece champs (France champ DNB) odds 3. :)

Shawshank
08-23-2013, 05:41 AM
I don't look to much in to what happened in the past. Lithuania is playing great and has a great team right now. I have made a bet that says: Lithuania/Greece champs (France champ DNB) odds 3. :)

we have a history when we hire new coach first summer we win medal :) 2003 sireika medal,2007 butautas medal,2010 kemzura medal,2013 kazlauskas medal ??? :) The reason is we alwasy have good players in our team,but sometimes they need new voice to hear in lockeroom . Said that i can add kazlauskas already won for us medal back in 2000,but he won with other generation of players.Im affraid we look even too good so early in friendlies,we need to lose some games in akropolis tournament,because so far 7 wins out 7 games i dont like this stat.Its better to lose in friendlys,than team learns more

macleopard13
08-23-2013, 06:30 PM
we have a history when we hire new coach first summer we win medal :) 2003 sireika medal,2007 butautas medal,2010 kemzura medal,2013 kazlauskas medal ??? :) The reason is we alwasy have good players in our team,but sometimes they need new voice to hear in lockeroom . Said that i can add kazlauskas already won for us medal back in 2000,but he won with other generation of players.Im affraid we look even too good so early in friendlies,we need to lose some games in akropolis tournament,because so far 7 wins out 7 games i dont like this stat.Its better to lose in friendlys,than team learns more

I think we will lose against Greece - it's a team with home court advantage, with young, fast players. Definitely a tough opponent. I just hope we fight till the end.

Bosnian 23
08-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Anyone else here consider this the Group of Death? Such a strong group, and if we somehow got out of it, it could be our best result ever (only rivalled by Quarterfinals in 1993).

Pero Antic
08-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Anyone else here consider this the Group of Death? Such a strong group, and if we somehow got out of it, it could be our best result ever (only rivalled by Quarterfinals in 1993).

All three teams from this group will reach the quaterfinal thats for sure really unbalanced groups IMO.

unnamed
08-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Pero Antic, don't underestimate other teams. The competitions is the way it is and we will see what's going to happen

MZT Skopje
08-24-2013, 10:56 AM
I agree with the big man Pero Antic.

Our grup is insane and the key is to get through it and than everything can happen.

As I see it all 3 teams from our group will beat Belgium and Israel. Germany, Ukraine and GB will not make Top12.

vembli
08-28-2013, 01:19 PM
It's too bad these teams are in the same group. All teams (except Latvia) has grown big lately and will fight for the first 3 spots.

1st place in the group: Macedonia or Lithuania (2nd game will decide)
3rd place: Serbia
4th place: Montenegro or BiH
6th place: Latvia

Respect for all teams.

TT

lbj_19
08-28-2013, 04:06 PM
Hi, I was womdering why is Montenegro ranked lower? They dominated the qualifiers and now adds more capable players to the mix. I also have been seeing in the friendlies that they are indeed struggling

Pero Antic
08-29-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi, I was womdering why is Montenegro ranked lower? They dominated the qualifiers and now adds more capable players to the mix. I also have been seeing in the friendlies that they are indeed struggling

Montengero is probably the most hyped team in this tournement. Two years ago they were a total medal contender by some experts and They indeed beat us in their first game in overtime but after that nothing. This time the same story just because of one very good qualifier campaign they again are a top6 team by some experts...Macedonia will beat them just like Bosnia 100% They are nowhere near our teamplay and creativity and its a mystery for me how a team like them who played just one eurobasket can be some sort of contender in this group.

macleopard13
08-29-2013, 05:40 PM

They don't have Pekovic, and that's a huge loss for them. Vucevic alone won't be able to do much.

Pero Antic
08-29-2013, 10:21 PM
Pero Antic, don't underestimate other teams. The competitions is the way it is and we will see what's going to happen

Latvia today beat Finland with 106:70!!!! We have a hell of a group

unnamed
08-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Latvia today beat Finland with 106:70!!!! We have a hell of a group
I haven't seen Latvians or Finns in action, so the score doesn't have to mean anything.

I still believe better athleticism, skills and longer bench will decide the final standings of the group and not some flurry of inspiration or bigger experience

Dr. Martin
08-30-2013, 01:03 PM
...Macedonia will beat them just like Bosnia 100%

Don't be so sure ....

Pero Antic
08-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Don't be so sure ....

Yeah probably you are right we will lose against one of them but beat instead Serbia and lithuania :cool:

Dr. Martin
08-30-2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah probably you are right we will lose against one of them but beat instead Serbia and lithuania :cool:

Let's hope for the best, but we cannot underestimate anybody, if we pass the group anything is possible, we have potential to do that. To be honest with you I am afraid of our players, I am afraid that they will not perform as we are used to. Usually I am wrong :)

Pero Antic
08-30-2013, 04:24 PM
Let's hope for the best, but we cannot underestimate anybody, if we pass the group anything is possible, we have potential to do that. To be honest with you I am afraid of our players, I am afraid that they will not perform as we are used to. Usually I am wrong :)

Our players know exactly what they have to do to be on a very high level the core of this team has unbeleivable 14-15years Experience and played in big clubs all over europe.

Dr. Martin
08-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Our players know exactly what they have to do to be on a very high level the core of this team has unbeleivable 14-15years Experience and played in big clubs all over europe.

I am afraid of the guy on your picture, 0/7, 0/9 for 3pts, or Ilievski 0/5 for 3pts ..... Stojanovski. We have to play smart, like we played in the first 3 quarters against Spain in the Semi Final 2011.
Montenegro is the first game for us, same as 2011, they won 2 years ago, however we end up # 1 in the group, I would really like us to win the first game and end up # 3 in the group, it will be easy against Group A.

Montenegro -

Тајриз Рајс (Макаби)
Никола Ивановиќ (Будуќност)
Суад Шеховиќ (Будуќност)
Бојан Бакиќ (Металац)
Алекса Поповиќ (Будуќност)
Сеад Шеховиќ (Шолнок)
Марко Поповиќ (Будуќност)
Владимир Дашиќ (Металац)
Милко Бјелица (Каха лаборал)
Никола Вучевиќ (Орландо меџик)
Благота Секулиќ (Тенерифе)
Бојан Дубљевиќ (Валенсија)

Dr. Martin
08-31-2013, 03:04 AM
I am afraid of the guy on your picture, 0/7, 0/9 for 3pts, or Ilievski 0/5 for 3pts ..... Stojanovski. We have to play smart, like we played in the first 3 quarters against Spain in the Semi Final 2011.
Montenegro is the first game for us, same as 2011, they won 2 years ago, however we end up # 1 in the group, I would really like us to win the first game and end up # 3 in the group, it will be easy against Group A.

Montenegro -

Тајриз Рајс (Макаби)
Суад Шеховиќ (Будуќност)
Бојан Бакиќ (Металац)
Сеад Шеховиќ (Шолнок)
Владимир Дашиќ (Металац)

http://www.fibaeurope.com/coid_2zWkEhuGGSgEAr8lItpWU0.articleMode_on.html

They are good ...

unnamed
08-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Ayrfon do you have latest status on Teodosic and Lucic ?.

Latvia might have a good future, but not 2013. But I am not any expert so we will just wait and see.
According to one newspapers they said Teodosic will go but won't play in 1st stage, so if we make it to the 2nd stage he will play there

Pero Antic
08-31-2013, 06:43 PM

Montenegro -

Тајриз Рајс (Макаби)
Суад Шеховиќ (Будуќност)
Бојан Бакиќ (Металац)
Сеад Шеховиќ (Шолнок)
Владимир Дашиќ (Металац)

yeah but after that in germany ilievski and Antic showed much better perfomances

macleopard13
08-31-2013, 07:10 PM
When is Pipan going to announce the final roster? It's about time. Montenegro already beat you to it.

Pero Antic
08-31-2013, 08:20 PM
When is Pipan going to announce the final roster? It's about time. Montenegro already beat you to it.

tommorow, because Lebron James has Macedonian roots and decided to play for Macedonia in the Eurobasket 2013 and that should be the big surprise. Pipan is a genius :cool:

vembli
08-31-2013, 09:30 PM
...and to share something funny here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvpG2HRIL3U)

I take it as a plus for Valanchiunas anyway :)

macleopard13
08-31-2013, 10:05 PM
tommorow, because Lebron James has Macedonian roots and decided to play for Macedonia in the Eurobasket 2013 and that should be the big surprise. Pipan is a genius :cool:

Oh, we won't be seeing McCalebb then :D?

unnamed
08-31-2013, 10:40 PM
...and to share something funny here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvpG2HRIL3U)

I take it as a plus for Valanchiunas anyway :)

Oh, I thought it was going to be something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZSXYMoEoeQ), but either way :cool:

Dr. Martin
09-01-2013, 03:26 AM
According to one newspapers they said Teodosic will go but won't play in 1st stage, so if we make it to the 2nd stage he will play there

According to Zurnal.rs both Teodosic and Lucic are not going to travel to Slovenia.

Dr. Martin
09-01-2013, 03:51 AM

Nothing heard from Pipan yet. Bellow 10 are in the team for sure..

PF - Antic, Chekovski, Gecevski
PG - Ilievski, Kostovski, Sokolov
G - McCalebb
C- Samardziski
SG - V. Stojanovski, V. Stojanovski

And the remaining two are not important as they are going to play 2-3 minutes per game.

Pero Antic
09-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Oh, we won't be seeing McCalebb then :D?

of course Lebron has macedonian roots so he wont take Mccalebb place you understand :D

macleopard13
09-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Nothing heard from Pipan yet. Bellow 10 are in the team for sure..

PF - Antic, Chekovski, Gecevski
PG - Ilievski, Kostovski, Sokolov
G - McCalebb
C- Samardziski
SG - V. Stojanovski, V. Stojanovski

And the remaining two are not important as they are going to play 2-3 minutes per game.

Wait, isn't Ilievski used as a SG? And isn't the starting lineup something like this:
C: Samardziski
PF: Antic
SF: V. Stojanovski
SG: D. Stojanovski or Ilievski
PG: McCalebb

I just want to make sure this is accurate for a mod I'm creating for an NBA Live game that features all the teams participating in this EuroBasket.

of course Lebron has macedonian roots so he wont take Mccalebb place you understand :D

I would imagine there would be a lot of haters in the NBA if that happened :p... Just like the time he decided to "take his talents to South Beach".

Pero Antic
09-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Wait, isn't Ilievski used as a SG? And isn't the starting lineup something like this:

I just want to make sure this is accurate for a mod I'm creating for an NBA Live game that features all the teams participating in this EuroBasket.

I would imagine there would be a lot of haters in the NBA if that happened :p... Just like the time he decided to "take his talents to South Beach".

I am not sure about Darko Sokolov but Vladimir Brckov has high chances to be in Slovenia.

Dr. Martin
09-02-2013, 04:17 AM

It's official, Macedonia will travel to Slovenia w/out Simonovski and Krstevski.

http://www.eurobasket2013.org/en/cid_8Xfg3jZMG1QuJnp6pnUWd3.teamID_2604.compID_qMRZ dYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2013.roundID_8732.html

Dr. Martin
09-02-2013, 04:23 AM

SG is correct..

Edwood
09-02-2013, 08:22 AM

Absolutely. In my opinion those teams aren't as good as France, Lithuania or Serbia, still they are far better than all the other teams in groups a and b (with the possible exception of Bosnia). With that in mind, I obviously wait to see for Greece vs Sweden and in terms of starpower I want to see spa-cro or srb-lit, but when it comes in terms of "kill-or-be-killed" derby, I am really anxious about this game. For, in my opinion, the winner will have a ticket to the top-8 waiting for confirmation against Bosnia, while well, it is early, but if serbia and lithuania appear the way most people expect to do, the loser should start packing.

basketfann
09-02-2013, 09:27 AM
Looks like other group teams are not taking Latvia serious. This time it's a trap, because team are very balanced, deep roster, and players want to prove , that they can play in next round.
Veterans and talented players- this time.

PG/ SG- Strelnieks(last 2 years in Russian superleague and Eurocup top8, 2013/2014- Euroleague).
Blums- last 2 years in Euroleague, Spain league finalist.
Bertans- last 3 years in Eurocup and now will play in Spain.
Janicenoks- player with many years experience in Lega A, now several seasons in Eurocup and playing good against Euroleague teams/ and Spain ACB- top teams.
Skele- was talented player- years ago, faces health problems and injuries, but now is back on track and he can play good, that for sure.

SF/PF- Kuksiks, K.Berzins, Mejeris, J.Berzins, Freimanis

Kuksiks- a good 3p shooter, not very completed player(still has problems in defense)
K.Berzins- After all these years- first Eurobasket for him, and last season was good for him, expected to be leader in Frontcourt.
Mejeris- His progress was amazing this year and next season will play in ACB. Player with great hands and ability to score from different situations.

Freimanis- Very underrated basketball player in European basketball. Scoring with high % and can play very good if you give him playing time.
J. Berzins- One of best prospects in Latvian basketball, after finishing strong in U-20, J. Berzins shows that he can play good against big national teams too.
C- Selakovs, Meiers- our weakest position, but still can score with high % and can defend good sometimes.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I'd agree as far as Latvia goes, group wise the most underated NT. I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if any of the big trio would fall out be it Serbia, Lithuania or Macedonia... replaced by Latvia or Montenegro... or BiH if they suddenly realised they've got to play some defense...

Dr. Martin
09-02-2013, 10:58 AM
As far as the Macedonian NT, I am sure they will give 100% against Latvia and any other NT, they know that it will be hard to repeat 2011. It is really hard to predict what will happen in Group B, even Lithuania is in danger, if they lose the first game against Serbia anything is possible.

2 days :D

Dr. Martin
09-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Absolutely. In my opinion those teams aren't as good as France, Lithuania or Serbia, still they are far better than all the other teams in groups a and b (with the possible exception of Bosnia). With that in mind, I obviously wait to see for Greece vs Sweden and in terms of starpower I want to see spa-cro or srb-lit, but when it comes in terms of "kill-or-be-killed" derby, I am really anxious about this game. For, in my opinion, the winner will have a ticket to the top-8 waiting for confirmation against Bosnia, while well, it is early, but if serbia and lithuania appear the way most people expect to do, the loser should start packing.

True true...

Welcome to the forum Edwood!

adebisi
09-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Anyone gonna watch the games in Jasenice? If so, feel free to PM me, let's meet and have some beers there ;)

madmax
09-02-2013, 11:11 AM
this is really one heck of a group...I wouldn't be surprised by any scenario here really - even lithuanians and serbians flopping hard and not qualifying for that matter:eek: Macedonians and latvians are always a pain the ass for many teams

Dr. Martin
09-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Anyone gonna watch the games in Jasenice? If so, feel free to PM me, let's meet and have some beers there ;)

Maaaan ... change your Avatar picture if you want to meet with someone and have some "Lasko" beer :D

Edwood
09-02-2013, 11:20 AM
True true...

Welcome to the forum Edwood!

Thank you Dr, nice to meet you all!

YuGo_BoY
09-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Are you a joke?? ...there is no team that will beat Serbia even without one of the world's best point guards. : )

unnamed
09-03-2013, 10:58 AM
Are you a joke?? ...there is no team that will beat Serbia even without one of the world's best point guards. : )

I don't think they joke. Beside everyone plays basketball these days, anything is possible. We can drop out in 1st stage.

Pero Antic
09-03-2013, 02:48 PM

Hello Yugo boy this isnt 1995 your team is good but not good enough to make somethin serious ok?

thegreekmeister
09-04-2013, 01:53 AM

Fan optimism is one thing, but here on the forums we try to discuss in the most possible objective way leaving your "fan love" out of your mind.

Dr. Martin
09-04-2013, 04:44 AM

Let's GOOOOOOO!

HalfCourTrap
09-04-2013, 09:31 AM

Let's GOOOOOOO!

Great photos Dr.Martin......

Do you have any photo of the broken backboard by Samardziski?

I hope you are having fun there.Enjoy

Dr. Martin
09-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Great photos Dr.Martin......

Do you have any photo of the broken backboard by Samardziski?

I hope you are having fun there.Enjoy

I wish I was there :( , I got the pictures from Ekipa.mk

http://ekipa.mk/News.aspx?newsId=20033

YuGo_BoY
09-04-2013, 09:07 PM
Good luck with your predictions. : )

macleopard13
09-04-2013, 09:38 PM

One Serbian troll spotted. :rolleyes:

LjutiKrilo
09-04-2013, 10:39 PM
first game and 1/4 final game are the most important... we won the first one and that's versus lietuva... our arch rival :cool:
so lithuanians what is the score this century, after this game?

YuGo_BoY
09-04-2013, 10:58 PM
One Serbian troll spotted. :rolleyes:

You might be wrong buddy. : - )

MZT Skopje
09-05-2013, 01:33 PM
This is insane. The reff with the best look at the situation over runed by. He stod behind the basket.

http://www.ekipa.mk/News.aspx?newsId=20101

Pipan : Ten times I watched the tape , this is a great injustice to Macedonia
team Representation
05/09/2013 14:50

It hurts when it's unfair , and that's it ... coach Ales tampered with , yesterday at a press - conference would not comment without looking further footage now absolute claims to Macedonia 's done great injustice with unrecognized points in the last attack . Montenegrin basketball player Milko Bjelica mrezhichkata played with , and it should be points for our team .
"I watched the tape a dozen times and it is clear that this was a great injustice . Many are affected and disappointed . The judge initially recognized basket and then pressured by the other two judges reverse the decision . I do not know why they did that , and I do not know why FIBA Europe reacted , " said Ales tampered yesterday for injustice .
But of course , most important is Macedonia to be fully prepared for today's match against the Lithuanians in 21 hours.
" We have to forget what happened , go ahead , do not expect a difficult match with Lithuania. The game will be repaired exam for us , but for Lithuanians " , stresses coach .

MZT Skopje
09-05-2013, 04:19 PM
More streange things reported by Serbian media.

Link: http://www.kurir-info.rs/sramota-fiba-izbacila-sporan-detalj-sa-meca-makedonija-cg-clanak-969671

Final few second of the game has been delited by Fiba on day 1 match highlights. Also impossible to make any comments on the youtube clip.

Kurir Serbia say this is a big shame and start to become really fishy.

negerumas
09-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Your Center jumped on Bjelica, thats why he touched the net. Would've probably got the ball otherwise

Pero Antic
09-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Your Center jumped on Bjelica, thats why he touched the net. Would've probably got the ball otherwise

please shut up we already knew its a mistake every damn newspaper said its a wrong call and even sabonis.

Perseus
09-06-2013, 02:53 PM
thats life ,when the refs help you everything is ok when they are against you ...

Pero Antic
09-06-2013, 03:08 PM
thats life ,when the refs help you everything is ok when they are against you ...

i would never be proud of that win if i was a montenegrin. Those ***** celebrated like they won a world cup. Funny the montenegrin commentator as the repeat was shown and the goal-tending for a moment didnt said nothing and after the refs decided in favour of MNE he was like "absoultly clear decision there is nothing"....poor very poor

Ayrfon
09-07-2013, 08:28 AM
so many combinations...imho the most realistic one is that everything will depend on two games- MKD-LAT & SRB-LAT

1) LAT wins both (LTU, SRB and LAT go through with 2 points each)
2) SRB wins, MKD loses (SRB 4, LTU 2, LAT 0 points)
3) LAT loses both (MKD, LTU and SRB go through with 2 points each)
4) SRB loses, MKD wins (LTU 4, MKD 2, LAT 0 points)

of course if CG or Bosnia make some upsets there can be many other combinations...

one thing is for sure, my team goes through with:
1) win over LAT
2) win over CG and MKD losing at least one more game

Dr. Martin
09-07-2013, 08:58 AM
so many combinations...imho the most realistic one is that everything will depend on two games- MKD-LAT & SRB-LAT

1) LAT wins both (LTU, SRB and LAT go through with 2 points each)
2) SRB wins, MKD loses (SRB 4, LTU 2, LAT 0 points)
3) LAT loses both (MKD, LTU and SRB go through with 2 points each)
4) SRB loses, MKD wins (LTU 4, MKD 2, LAT 0 points)

of course if CG or Bosnia make some upsets there can be many other combinations...

one thing is for sure, my team goes through with:
1) win over LAT
2) win over CG and MKD losing at least one more game

Hard to believe that Latvia will win both. But usually what is hard to believe it happens :) I also think that MNG and BIH can make some upsets

Hepcat
09-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Hard to believe that Latvia will win both. But usually what is hard to believe it happens :) I also think that MNG and BIH can make some upsets

Truth!

so many combinations....

What a tight race! After three games, every single team is still in the running for first, and last, place!

:cool:

Ayrfon
09-07-2013, 03:10 PM

well, sincerely doubt CG will stand a chance tomorow against LTU and more-less the same for BIH against MKD... in that case their results on a final day won't matter much

Miškinis
09-07-2013, 07:21 PM
Since today was a day-off, here's some video for fun:

KULSBE3QvBY

Bosnian 23
09-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Sorry,wrong group. :D

christodoulou76
09-07-2013, 10:22 PM

Actually, that's my fault. I posted on here but had forgotten about the scenarios involving Sweden and Russia qualifying so I deleted my post. JPF was responding to my (now deleted) post. I have updated my scenarios in the Group D thread. :o

Bosnian 23
09-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Ah ok, gotcha

Btw, tmrw is the first day Im watching BiH at this Eurobasket, all other days I was at school.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Haven't even noticed that :)

Group B has so many possibilities that it would be futile to write anything about the outcomes right now, really.

AmonRA
09-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Ahahaha, sorry to others, but this can understand only Ex Yu guys :D

http://x.vukajlija.com/var/products/posters/201309/635010/aaa-ne-me-udri-tolku-.jpg

Joško Poljak Fan
09-08-2013, 10:38 AM
The only thing I can read in cyrilic is capajebo... translation would be nice, guys as it's an english speaking forum nevertheless and isn't meant for stuff one wouldn't be able to understand with a decent knowledge of english ;)

AmonRA
09-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Then I'll write in Latin :p
Bo : Aaa ne me udri tolku silno
Rice: A muci avetinjo, nijesam te ni taka!
Now understand? :D

Joško Poljak Fan
09-08-2013, 10:57 AM
nope :)

AmonRA
09-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Maaan, then delete all this.. :D
Just joke for naturalized players ;)

Pero Antic
09-08-2013, 11:48 AM

what?!

AmonRA
09-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Wtf is wrong with you people, did you all forgot yugo language ? lol

@Pero
As Obradovic said, It`s hard to translate my friend, either you understand, either not.. :D
I can not translate you montenegrin slang, but basically Rice said that he didn't touch him..

Joško Poljak Fan
09-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Well, I'm doing my best to learn it actualy, either through media, TV, internet or when traveling etc, never have actualy known it. I admit I am completely clueless as far as Montenegrin slang goes :)

AmonRA
09-08-2013, 12:52 PM
I`am actually surprised that you have problem with ex Yu languages, because I tought that you have more then 30 years... :D
I still do not have 30 years, but I dont have bigger problems with ex Yu languages... 100% I understand BiH, Cro and Mne.. Mkd and Slo not so good, but still I can understand more then 70% :)

Bosnian 23
09-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Haha I don't understand, since I live in America and obviously they don't teach cirilica here.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Well, I can easily get along, although I'm not perfect speaking it and learned it majorly by myself, I understand somewhere around 99%, there are always some specific words in any language which you can only pick if you live there, I need a day of practice as far as talking goes, but local specifis are a bit too much for my knowledge, my brain simply don't have those or 4 separate cathegories, so i'm using Serbian words in dalmatia, repeatedly saying "bre" to a massive Purger even if he dislikes it, am accused of illiteracy in Бања Лука (Banja Luka) by a 90 years old granma and so on... :)

Nothing to lose
09-08-2013, 02:09 PM

In english:

Bo:Oh, dont hit me so hard
Rice: Don't be silly i barely touched you

Ayrfon
09-08-2013, 02:26 PM
LOL it loses the point when written in english :)
good one AmonRA...a "typical" Montenegrian and Macedonian chatting... tho i swear Bo shows more guts and pride playing for MKD than many "domestic" players in other teams

what a crazy group!? :)

Nothing to lose
09-08-2013, 02:40 PM
LOL it loses the point when written in english :)
good one AmonRA...a "typical" Montenegrian and Macedonian chatting... tho i swear Bo shows more guts and pride playing for MKD than many "domestic" players in other teams

what a crazy group!? :)
ofc it does :) it needs to be said in certain accent to get a full impression of the moment :D

I didn't saw that coming, especially after that game Macedonians had vs Serbia, they basically fell apart in 4/4, but i guess role players become beasts only when they play vs us.I thought after loss from Bosnia we lost all chances to qualify but in some paralel universe we might end up 2nd if we win last 2 games(which is unlikely scenario).

AmonRA
09-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Well, I can easily get along, although I'm not perfect speaking it and learned it majorly by myself, I understand somewhere around 99%, there are always some specific words in any language which you can only pick if you live there, I need a day of practice as far as talking goes, but local specifis are a bit too much for my knowledge, my brain simply don't have those or 4 separate cathegories, so i'm using Serbian words in dalmatia, repeatedly saying "bre" to a massive Purger even if he dislikes it, am accused of illiteracy in Бања Лука (Banja Luka) by a 90 years old granma and so on... :)
Well, that is not very smart, to say the least :D
Here on cable tv is a lot of programs from Cro, Bih etc, so it helps a lot, to better understand that specific words which you can pick only if you live there, as you said...
For example I can separate croatian which is speak in Zagreb and croatian from Dalmacija...

In english:

Bo:Oh, dont hit me so hard
Rice: Don't be silly i barely touched you
Something like that, but the whole point is how "black guys" speaks on Montenegrin and Macedonian language as a native language, and in reality they barely know a few words.. As I said earlier, only joke about naturalized players ;)

Back to bb
This group is definitely most hardest and interesting to play and watch, but we knew that from the beginning :D

Bosnian 23
09-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Looks like for BiH a second straight EC with a 2-3 record a going out on tiebreaker ad losing to a team we should have beat (Finland, now Latvia). But hopefully the boys can pull off a surprise vs. Lithuania. Hajmo momci!!!

Getas
09-08-2013, 10:00 PM
This group is very interesting, as qualifications will be decided on the last day of play! Any predictions or comments? I would really like to hear how you all expect your teams to do!

Joško Poljak Fan
09-08-2013, 10:05 PM
I thought that situation would be clearer after the 4th round, but so far it's still impossible to tell. Basicaly everyone but Montenegro, if I understood correctly, have a chance to advance to 2nd stage.

AmonRA
09-08-2013, 10:17 PM
If Macedonia win by +10, then for Serbia it`s "desirable" to lose from Montenegro(because in that case, we bring 4pt`s to second round)..
That should be interestingly to watch :D

Bosnian 23
09-08-2013, 10:31 PM
If Lithuania could lose to us on purpose too that'd be great. :D

pacosas
09-09-2013, 05:44 AM
I have opinion that if you pass this you're already in quaterfinals. to me best group by far :)

Shawshank
09-09-2013, 06:27 AM
in this group is known that is nothing known :) The only team that is safe is serbia and montegro dont have a chance going to the second round all toher teams including lithuania they can be out (if loosing by 10-margin tonight)...most inportant thing serbia vs montegro meets togethers.All other 4 teams gonna look at this game because they need diference results,but for both teams that is playing this game doesnt matter this is irony of the last round :)
Because for serbia to win its doenst matter because that point wouldnt count in second round anyway :) Montenegro can win by 100+ they are still out...

Maybe macedonians counted by how much point macedonia should win against latvia? lets say if lithuania beat bosnia.Macedonia,latvia,bosnia all will have 2 wins (basically montegro can have 2 wins too,but they only +1 against macedonia and big minuses againts other 2 teams )

when i begin to count i understood there is so many diferent possibilities,there can 4teams by 2 wins... 3 teams by 2wins...3 teams by 3wins..4 teams by 3 winn..i give up its hard job to count all posibilities i will just watch and enjoy last round of this class group.

But after going by some results i understood no matter what Serbia is IN and no matter what Montenegro is Out..but who knows maybe i miss something and even these 2 teams have some chances in IN/OUT game :)

lafa
09-09-2013, 07:04 AM
The only possible way for LTU to be out is with LAT win and BIH win by 10 or more points. In any other scenario we're through.

OK, I did some analysis and there are 11 possible scenarios how today's games could end. I'm going to analyze only what 3 teams would make it through to next round in every possible scenario. Here it goes:

Today wins
LTU
LAT
MNE
Trough
SRB (2)
LTU (1)
LAT (0)

Today wins
LTU
LAT
SRB
Trough
SRB (2)
LTU (1)
LAT (0)

Today wins
LTU
MKD
MNE
Trough
SRB (2)
LTU (1)
LAT (0)
this one is a bit tricky and some people would probably think that there's a 4 way tie, each team having won 2 games, but the fact of the matter is that two teams (MNE and MKD) would have only one win against tied opponents, while the other two (BIH and LAT) would have 2 wins under their belt, therefore LAT would be through due to fact that they won against BIH

Today wins
LTU
MKD by 10 or more
SRB
Trough
SRB (1)
LTU (1)
MKD(1)

Today wins
LTU
MKD by 9 or less
SRB
Trough
SRB (2)
LTU (1)
LAT (0)

Today wins
BIH by 10 or more
LAT
MNE
Trough
SRB (2)
LAT (1)
BIH (0)

Today wins
BIH by 9 or less
LAT
MNE
Trough
SRB (2)
LTU (1)
LAT (0)

Today wins
BIH by 10 or more
LAT
SRB
Trough
SRB (2)
LAT (1)
BIH (0)

Today wins
BIH by 9 or less
LAT
SRB
Trough
SRB (2)
LTU (1)
LAT (0)

Today wins
BIH
MKD
MNE
Trough
SRB (2)
BIH (1)
LTU (0)

Today wins
BIH
MKD
SRB
Trough
SRB (2)
BIH (1)
LTU (0)

As you can see SRB is through in every scenario, LTU - in 9 out of 11. LAT - in 8, BIH - 4 and MKD - 1.

Ayrfon
09-09-2013, 09:14 AM
great analisys @lafa...although i think MKD needs 10+ win to have a chance

what's good for my team is that we are 100% in the next round and also we have 4 points in every combination except one (MKD +10, LTU, SRB)...
honestly, i'm a bit disappointed by LTU team so far...i expected much more...but i just can't see them losing to BIH...that would be too much, even for this group...but if CG could take them to OT... anyway, i just don't see it happening

MKD-LAT...i have to say this is the game that i'm sooo looking forward to...probably the most of all the games so far... my brain says it's better that MKD loses or wins 9-, but my heart says different... my Partizan guys- Bo and Vlado, the most positive guy in this EC- Gecevski and crazy Pero...good luck guys, make a miracle and go through

SRB-CG...wait, i thought it's the same country!? :)
seriously, this will be funny game... we'll sure be resting some players and giving more minutes to Micic, Nemanja Krstic, Gagic, Stimac...i'm 100% sure they will leave their heart on court in order to prove they deserve a place in NT... but (in case MKD wins 10+) it will also be in the back of their head that somehow is better for them not to win... but i honestly think things will be clear in this group even before our match, so we'll be able to enjoy watching young prospects from both teams

lafa
09-09-2013, 09:27 AM
great analisys @lafa...although i think MKD needs 10+ win to have a chance

what's good for my team is that we are 100% in the next round and also we have 4 points in every combination except one (MKD +10, LTU, SRB)...
honestly, i'm a bit disappointed by LTU team so far...i expected much more...but i just can't see them losing to BIH...that would be too much, even for this group...but if CG could take them to OT... anyway, i just don't see it happening

MKD-LAT...i have to say this is the game that i'm sooo looking forward to...probably the most of all the games so far... my brain says it's better that MKD loses or wins 9-, but my heart says different... my Partizan guys- Bo and Vlado, the most positive guy in this EC- Gecevski and crazy Pero...good luck guys, make a miracle and go through

SRB-CG...wait, i thought it's the same country!? :)
seriously, this will be funny game... we'll sure be resting some players and giving more minutes to Micic, Nemanja Krstic, Gagic, Stimac...i'm 100% sure they will leave their heart on court in order to prove they deserve a place in NT... but (in case MKD wins 10+) it will also be in the back of their head that somehow is better for them not to win... but i honestly think things will be clear in this group even before our match, so we'll be able to enjoy watching young prospects from both teams

You're right, MKD needs to win by 10 or more... My bad.. Edited original post.

Dr. Martin
09-09-2013, 10:11 AM
This the scenario.

If you have 200 euro in your pocket bet on Latvia for 200 you will make 430 euro. Then, put these 430 on MNG and you will make 989 euros. Easy money, trust me.

MKD - LAT - We still believe, everyone thinks we can do it. Whenever we believe that we can do it, we lose. Put your money on Latvia.

MNG - SER - Montenegro wins, no matter what.

Bosnian 23
09-09-2013, 11:11 PM
Wow, we beat Lithuania, went 3-2 and are still out. :(

christodoulou76
09-10-2013, 12:36 AM
This the scenario.

If you have 200 euro in your pocket bet on Latvia for 200 you will make 430 euro. Then, put these 430 on MNG and you will make 989 euros. Easy money, trust me.

MKD - LAT - We still believe, everyone thinks we can do it. Whenever we believe that we can do it, we lose. Put your money on Latvia.

MNG - SER - Montenegro wins, no matter what.

you are a genius. no wonder you are doing so well in the prediction game. :):cool:

Dr. Martin
09-10-2013, 03:38 AM
Hey good luck to LTU, SER & LAT, hopefully 2 of them will make it to the semi-finals.
That way we will see how strong Group B was.

Mindozas
09-10-2013, 03:01 PM

That was quite unexpectedly really close :cool:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2ecluah.jpg