Is Ironi Nahariya the second best team in the PL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Ironi Nahariya the second best team in the PL

They've consistantly won this year. I wondered what others thought of them.
    Alrighty then! Take care now, bye bye then.

Indeed, after 4 games in Israeli league, the team from northern town of Nahariya shares 1st place with Maccabi Tel Aviv. Does that mean they're good team with potential? YES. Does that mean they're the 2nd best team in Israel? NO.
    New coach of Nahariya Ariel Bet Helechmi has made great scouting for relatively small budget.
    The budget of Ironi Strauss Iscar Naharya may be doubled without any problems (Strauss - one of the biggest Israeli food companies, and control of metal cutting tools company Iscar was bought recently by american investor Buffort for USD 4 billion). The only problem that it's impossible for small town like Nahariya (about 40 thousand people) to build really big team. I'm sure only Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Haifa can afford it in Israel.
    MACCABI TEL AVIV
    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin
      They've consistantly won this year. I wondered what others thought of them.

No doubt. Naharia is 100% prepered to the "Rushun low" with very good Israeli players.
      2022/2023:
      PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
      SG: Baldwin, Hollins
      SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
      PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
      PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

I think that they've got the chance...the atmosphere in the team is good, Kozikaro and Limonad are good reinforcement-they seem to be much satisfied with the amount of time they've payed and after mostly sitting on the bench at Jerusalem, they're eager to play...and it showes on the results. If they keep like this...anything can happen

Comment

no doubt about it. your main man jelena somewhat re-invented himself in naharyia. limonad finally gets his chance and he sure is grabbing it with both hands. the iron-man barak peleg is still contributing. amit ben david ("benda") plays well.
          something good is happening in naharyia (and i'm real tempted to talk politics - but i won't).
          sunday - they are facing maccabi, the 2 unbeaten teams in the league.

Comment

I have feeling there's going to be an upset. Vujcic doesn't seem to be going to the gym and working as hard after signing the big contract. I think Kozikaro may push him around and outplay him. Also Limond has the ability to out run opponents something Bynum has particular difficulty against. Still if Burstein returns able maccabi won't be just the best team in israel but the best non-national team outside the nba

Comment

Ironi Nahariya was defeated by Maccabi last night. Story here. Maccabi is clearly the better team and will be for the next 2 years. But Ironi proved that maccabi could be played with and possibly beaten. If Ironi can develop a few more players and retain them. They could defeat maccabi when Halperin, Eliyahu and Caspi decide to move on and play in the nba.

Comment

now here is interesting story few days old:

6-year NBA veteran Dion Glover, with nearly 300 games with the Hawks, Raptors and Spurs, will be tested in the next 2 weeks by Ironi Nahariya, who defeated Galil Elyon in the Bendel Tournament last night with 24 points by Greer.

Dion Glover (28, 1.96 m) signed a two-week contract with Ironi Nahariya, in which he'll try to prove them he's still in good shape after 1.5 years without playing an official game. It's still not certain whether he'll play in the cup 1/4 finals against Maccabi Tel Aviv this Sunday and the next.

Glover graduated from Georgia Tech and was taken in the 20th pick of the 1999 NBA draft by the Atlanta Hawks, where he played 5 years. At his peak he averaged 10.1 points, 4.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists in the 03/4 season, but was traded before its end to Toronto.

He started the next year in Turkish Euroleague side Ulker (8.6 points, 24% for 3), but left in February and played one month with the Spurs. He got a contract with the Rockets in October 2005, after impressing in the Minnesota summer league (18.8 pts, 5.8 rebs, 4.2 assts), but actually didn't play there even one game.

Overall he has played 294 games in the NBA, with career numbers of 8.2 points, 3.1 boards and 1.5 assists, but since April 2005 hasn't played even a single game.

Last night, without the injured Amit Ben-David, Nahariya defeated Galil Elyon 100-81 to win the 32nd Bendel Tournament, which is usually held in the summer, but was postponed this season due the second Lebanon war.

Galil, without their foreign players, who'll return just later this week, was no real match with their dismal defense. Jeff Greer led with 24 points, Mendez added 18, Kozikaro 13, Peleg and Limonad 12 each.
                but as far as I can remember from Ulker he was a huge dissapointment..
                "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
                  but as far as I can remember from Ulker he was a huge dissapointment..
                  Yea, Glover has some name because of his NBA career, but I doubt any fan who saw him play in Ulker would want him in his own team...

Comment

glover was released from nahariya 5 days ago.

Comment

Is The link of the game highlights when Ironi beat Maccabi. You need microsoft internet explorer and click on the picture. I've seen the game entirely and I'm amazed how good the competition is.

Comment

the competion isnt that great... just maccabi won the first game by 14(and this year besides vuicic and sharp they have a crap team), and still led almost the entire game, besides the secont half of the 3rd and the 4th. the best nahariya got close was up by 9, I think.
                        and I'm not a maccabi Fan, believe me...
                        Oh, and yesterday bnei hashron beat them at naharya 79:73, so they are not the 2nd best anymore...not that they were, to my opinion.

Comment

I'm not impressed with Sharp's play in the PL this year. He really hasn't been a factor domestically. Maccabi and the PL are going through a growth period. The entire season has been peaks and lows, no middle ground. For me it's impossible to evaluate and predict.

Comment

John Glicrist has released from Naharia.
                            2022/2023:
                            PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                            SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                            SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                            PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                            PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin
                              I'm not impressed with Sharp's play in the PL this year. He really hasn't been a factor domestically. Maccabi and the PL are going through a growth period. The entire season has been peaks and lows, no middle ground. For me it's impossible to evaluate and predict.
                              I have to disagree. I think Sharp has been playing efficient. Maccabi uses him more in EL games then an PL games. He still brings solid D and clutch shooting, and is the heart of the team.

Originally posted by Roy M
                              John Glicrist has released from Naharia.
                              From what I have seen Gilcrist seemed to be inconsistant. I thought he would be better. He still has potential and is young (he should have stayed at Maryland) so I'm sure somone will pick him up.
                              Is Naharyia looking for a replacement?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information