PDA

View Full Version : 27th FIBA Asia Championship [Manila, Philippines, Aug 1-11]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kutsuit
09-15-2011, 03:35 AM
Please don't tell me it'll take place in China again! :p

It would be very nice if FIBA Asia gives it to Kuwait. We have the ability to host such an event, in my opinion. Kuwait never hosted the Asian championship before, so it will also be our first time hosting the tournament, if we end up getting it. :)

mavrick_h
09-15-2011, 08:23 AM

It would be very nice if FIBA Asia gives it to Kuwait. We have the ability to host such an event, in my opinion. Kuwait never hosted the Asian championship before, so it will also be our first time hosting the tournament, if we end up getting it. :)

I think the answer of that one is simple since the 2011 edition should have been played here in Beirut but for various reasons the FLB gave it away in a sort of a trade as the 2013 edition will be held in Lebanon.

However i always support the idea that countries having a weaker squad than the regular powerhouses should always get the chance to host such events.

bukag.2011
09-15-2011, 12:46 PM
so are you saying kuwait is weaker?

and lebanon is stronger?

f u r, then y protest 2 Philippine team players???

stronger huh?...

lebanon and philippines had been playing a number of times already and u haven't questioned "eligibility", yet you do BARELY AN HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST FIBA ASIA GAME.

when we cant beat you before, we practiced til we die to do so.
when you cant beat us anymore, you protest.

hahah. stronger?

or LOSERS?

mohsena2631
09-15-2011, 12:52 PM

I think China :D if they won't win here

and yes I think it's a good idea, Kuwait or UAE. they are good in hosting.

no East Asia please, I hate waking up early :D

mavrick_h
09-15-2011, 01:10 PM
so are you saying kuwait is weaker?

and lebanon is stronger?

f u r, then y protest 2 Philippine team players???

stronger huh?...

lebanon and philippines had been playing a number of times already and u haven't questioned "eligibility", yet you do BARELY AN HOUR BEFORE THE FIRST FIBA ASIA GAME.

when we cant beat you before, we practiced til we die to do so.
when you cant beat us anymore, you protest.

hahah. stronger?

or LOSERS?

seriously every other topic is about your players ? get a life !

b3lowzro
09-15-2011, 01:19 PM

Moshen, i'd disagree with your statement hehe 'cause i hate sleeping late :)

mohsena2631
09-15-2011, 03:10 PM
Moshen, i'd disagree with your statement hehe 'cause i hate sleeping late :)

lol, So one must do sacrifice. :p sleeping late isn't that bad, is it ? ;) at least you don't have to escape from your job/study. :)

lebanese phoenix
09-15-2011, 04:12 PM
lol, So one must do sacrifice. :p sleeping late isn't that bad, is it ? ;) at least you don't have to escape from your job/study. :)

i think giving Iran the hosting rights is the best bet then:D
that way none of us will sleep too late or too early:p
The extremes in terms of sleeping time would be to hold it in lebanon or china.

Cryotek
09-15-2011, 07:02 PM

If this will takes place again in China...its proper to say "FIBA-China Cup" not FIBA-Asia anymore...:cool:

F-15Eagle
09-16-2011, 02:44 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if China will host it again (for the nth time):D

F-15Eagle
09-16-2011, 02:56 AM
FIBA Asia 2013 scenario: (somewhere in china)

South korea will not join < china would egg on north korea to attack sokor and thus they will be busy fighting a war>:D

Japan will be banned from joining<chinese commandos will raid nuclear power plants and release nuclear radiations contaminating japanese players>

Iran will be there of course < but minus 3 or more players who will be down with stomach discomfort eating "chinese noodles":D>

The philippines will not be allowed to land on chinese soil <cold war: hand over the spratley's first:D>

Qatar will lose 3/4th of their team <China will give FIBA the obvious nudge that ehem they should join FIBA africa not asia:p>

Jordan will join <but lose 2 or three players five minutes before the game due to fiba sanctions on dual nationalities:D>

That leaves chinese taipei, malaysia, indonesia, kuwait, uae, india etc..

Discalimer: dont take these seriously guys..im just playin':D peace out

JGX
09-16-2011, 03:07 AM
Urumqi

Servinio
09-16-2011, 04:14 AM
Urumqi
Urumqui was supposed to host the Second FIBA-Asia Under-16 Championship for Women this coming October but the tournament was moved to Jinan from December 4 to 11, 2011.

reamily
09-16-2011, 05:33 AM
Who will be the next host of China Invitationals?

Kutsuit
09-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks for replying, everyone. :)

I think the answer of that one is simple since the 2011 edition should have been played here in Beirut but for various reasons the FLB gave it away in a sort of a trade as the 2013 edition will be held in Lebanon.

However i always support the idea that countries having a weaker squad than the regular powerhouses should always get the chance to host such events.
Oh, I didn't know that. In that case, it rules out any possibility of Kuwait getting it. But we could try for 2015, though. :p

I think it's great Lebanon will host the tournament in 2013. It's a passionate basketball nation and I'm sure the games will attract lots of fans. The home advantage could also benefit Lebanon's national team, and hopefully you'll win your first Asian championship title. :)

Maybe I'll go to Beirut and attend a few games, as well. At least it's nice to know the tournament will come back to the Middle East after so many years. :)

The good thing about Kuwait is that we have sizable foreign communities from so many different countries. Games involving China, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, the Philippines and Syria are bound to get packed. Not to mention the hosts, Kuwait. Even if we don't organize the best tournament ever, people will always remember the event for its overall atmosphere, in my opinion. :)

sinobball
09-28-2011, 12:58 AM
Lebanon will host it. Like maverick_h pointed out, it was implied when FIBA took it away from them last year. However, today there's a news article from the Philippines saying they submitted their bid :D Good luck

I was the first one to reveal that Wuhan will host it this year, I posted that post in October 2010 about 2 months before FIBA made the decision final. I remember daniab asking me in PM how did I know. I didn't respond because I didn't have a Chinese link that says so. But I had a reasoning, and I'll explain it now.

When FIBA took it away from Lebanon in September 2010 or so, only 4 countries submitted bids. China, Korea, Japan and Philippines. This info is from a Filipino article. I know Hagop Khajirian didn't even visit Philippines whereas he visited the other 3 countries. This info is from a Chinese article when he visited Wuhan. He didn't even mention Philippines but he did mention he'll visit Korea and Japan. I don't know why, most likely it was just a month after the bus shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_hostage_crisis) and he didn't dare to even be there himself. Or it could be Philippines didn't prepare enough money. Anyway we were down to 3.

I knew Japan wanted the women's championship slot. Their women's team had about 500 higher chance of qualifying to the Olympics and they seems to spend just about as much money on their women's team as their men's team. So I knew FIBA would give the women's bid to them. No country can host 2 events at once, so Japan was out. (In fact even after the earthquake Japan still held on to that women's bid.)

In normal years the bid would have gone to Korea as a result. However when Hagop was in Wuhan something serious happened in the peninsula. In late September Kim Jong-Un emerged as a the successor in the North and harsh words began from both sides. I knew then Korea was not somewhere where FIBA felt comfortable hosting. Yeonpyeong bombing took place a month later to confirm the suspicion.

ylaine
09-28-2011, 02:08 AM
my guess is between the philippines and lebanon. if the philippines win it. then the philppines will join china into a monopoly club. china 5x, japan 5x and the philippines 3x. maybe it's better for lebanon to host it. i wish other rich nations will host it. like the singapore, united arab emirates or other oil producing countries.

Servinio
09-28-2011, 03:43 AM
FIBA-Asia Men's Hosts

China - 5 (1989, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011)
Japan - 5 (1971, 1979, 1991, 1999, 2007)
Malaysia - 3 (1965, 1977, 1985)
Thailand - 3 (1969, 1975, 1987)
South Korea - 2 (1967, 1995)
Philippines - 2 (1960, 1973)
Chinese-Taipei - 1 (1963)
India - 1 (1981)
Hong Kong - 1 (1983)
Indonesia - 1 (1993)
Saudi Arabia - 1 (1997)
Qatar - 1 (2005)

by sub-zone

East Asia - 14
Southeast Asia - 9
Gulf - 2
Middle Asia - 1
West Asia - 0

Home team wins it (7 out of 26)

2011 China
2003 China
2001 China
1989 China
1973 Philippines
1971 Japan
1960 Philippines

mavrick_h
09-28-2011, 04:14 AM
my guess is between the philippines and lebanon. if the philippines win it. then the philppines will join china into a monopoly club. china 5x, japan 5x and the philippines 3x. maybe it's better for lebanon to host it. i wish other rich nations will host it. like the singapore, united arab emirates or other oil producing countries.

there is no such thing as if Philippines win it. Unless Lebanon give it away just like this year. It's a done deal already.

reamily
09-28-2011, 04:56 AM
but to be fair mate i think Lebanon must prove to the fiba offifcilas that after 2 years lebanon has the facilities and logistics to handle such event as FIBA asia

JGX
09-28-2011, 05:24 AM
Alashankou

Khalid80
09-28-2011, 05:27 AM
there is no such thing as if Philippines win it. Unless Lebanon give it away just like this year. It's a done deal already.

Man with how everything is done in Lebanon there is no such thing as a "done deal"
Did we address the issues that prevented us from hosting this years' Asian Championship? (Having the appropriate basketball venues, parking space, etc.) I doubt it to be honest...

Also in this article (http://www.gmanews.tv/story/233578/sports/philippines-submits-bid-to-host-2013-fiba-asia-championship-for-men) it says:
"So far, Lebanon has already signified its intention to host the next FIBA-Asia it was supposed to stage this year, but abandoned later on owing to unfavorable playing condition"

Khalid80
09-28-2011, 05:30 AM
Lebanon will host it. Like maverick_h pointed out, it was implied when FIBA took it away from them last year. However, today there's a news article from the Philippines saying they submitted their bid :D Good luck

I was the first one to reveal that Wuhan will host it this year, I posted that post in October 2010 about 2 months before FIBA made the decision final. I remember daniab asking me in PM how did I know. I didn't respond because I didn't have a Chinese link that says so. But I had a reasoning, and I'll explain it now.

When FIBA took it away from Lebanon in September 2010 or so, only 4 countries submitted bids. China, Korea, Japan and Philippines. This info is from a Filipino article. I know Hagop Khajirian didn't even visit Philippines whereas he visited the other 3 countries. This info is from a Chinese article when he visited Wuhan. He didn't even mention Philippines but he did mention he'll visit Korea and Japan. I don't know why, most likely it was just a month after the bus shooting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_hostage_crisis) and he didn't dare to even be there himself. Or it could be Philippines didn't prepare enough money. Anyway we were down to 3.

I knew Japan wanted the women's championship slot. Their women's team had about 500 higher chance of qualifying to the Olympics and they seems to spend just about as much money on their women's team as their men's team. So I knew FIBA would give the women's bid to them. No country can host 2 events at once, so Japan was out. (In fact even after the earthquake Japan still held on to that women's bid.)

In normal years the bid would have gone to Korea as a result. However when Hagop was in Wuhan something serious happened in the peninsula. In late September Kim Jong-Un emerged as a the successor in the North and harsh words began from both sides. I knew then Korea was not somewhere where FIBA felt comfortable hosting. Yeonpyeong bombing took place a month later to confirm the suspicion.

Great sense of logic Sino :D

mavrick_h
09-28-2011, 05:33 AM
but to be fair mate i think Lebanon must prove to the fiba offifcilas that after 2 years lebanon has the facilities and logistics to handle such event as FIBA asia

we both know we have the facilities and the logistics to handle such event. the question is will our officials want to ? :p

Any abroad philipino/a (if you have contacts) can confirm this as they were watching the games in the stadium last year in Stankovic Cup (cheering happily) as well as every team were very satisfied with the organization.

I've met members of team Qatar just after they've lost the game vs Japan in the semis in one of the famous restaurants near to the stadium, they were so positive regarding the atmosphere and the tournament (Organization overall) despite losing a tough match up hours ago.

Khalid80
09-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Alashankou

Do they even have a basketball court there :p?

mavrick_h
09-28-2011, 05:39 AM
Man with how everything is done in Lebanon there is no such thing as a "done deal"
Did we address the issues that prevented us from hosting this years' Asian Championship? (Having the appropriate basketball venues, parking space, etc.) I doubt it to be honest...

Also in this article (http://www.gmanews.tv/story/233578/sports/philippines-submits-bid-to-host-2013-fiba-asia-championship-for-men) it says:

Se3te l badna fi w se3et ma bedna mafi.
Translation: the question is do we want this AC to be played in Leb ?

There are at least three basketball courts with the appropriate logistics. Trust me !
But where are the keys of the parking(s) ? :p

Khalid80
09-28-2011, 05:46 AM
Se3te l badna fi w se3et ma bedna mafi.
Translation: the question is do we want this AC to be played in Leb ?

There are at least three basketball courts with the appropriate logistics. Trust me !
But where are the keys of the parking(s) ? :p

For sure if we put our mind and efforts to host it we can do it!

But do you honestly think that this current federation, who couldn't even be able to secure a minimum budget for our NT and arrange for the appropriate preparations, can be able to host this event?

mavrick_h
09-28-2011, 06:59 AM
For sure if we put our mind and efforts to host it we can do it!

But do you honestly think that this current federation, who couldn't even be able to secure a minimum budget for our NT and arrange for the appropriate preparations, can be able to host this event?

I don't think this federation will last Khalid till 2013.
So hopefully the new comers can.

Bernard
09-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Bring Kakhia Back !!!! NO MATTER WHAT !!!! >:/

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians!!)

Khalid80
09-28-2011, 08:08 AM

I also don't think so and until we have a newly elected federation, this issue (Hosting the Asian Championships in Lebanon), will remain unclear...

Time will be against us though...Changing the federation and the time required to elect a new federation that is fully functional will take time so the sooner we get rid of this federation the better things will turn out for us (I hope).

macan77
09-28-2011, 08:51 AM

you're joking right? coz fiba (world) is still accepting applicants to host the 2013 fiba asia tournament..so lebanon has nothing to give away really..

ylaine
09-28-2011, 10:45 AM
let the cebu city host it then.

rocketstar47
09-28-2011, 10:47 AM
If The Philippines has the given the chance to host the 2013 FIBA ASIA CHAMPIONSHIPS this are the ff venues to be chosen.

SM Arena (Pasay,City)
http://mangoandlime.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/aaarena.jpg

Smart Araneta Coliseum (Quezon City)
http://filamgroup1.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/sports2.jpg

Cuneta Astrodome (Pasay City)
http://cdn.wn.com/ph/img/fe/31/622c4ddfc3114d359d1f6f7243d3-grande.jpg

Naga City Coliseum (Naga,City)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs159.ash2/41311_126146074103886_110525158999311_184601_71549 18_n.jpg

mavrick_h
09-28-2011, 11:43 AM
you're joking right? coz fiba (world) is still accepting applicants to host the 2013 fiba asia tournament..so lebanon has nothing to give away really..

no i'm not
yeah they are in case plan A doesn't work well they will go with plan B :)

ylaine
09-28-2011, 11:45 AM
the philippines will use the new under construction (MOA) mall of asia arena. capacity at 16,000. and might also use together with the old renovated smart araneta coliseum too. capacity 15,000.

mavrick_h
09-28-2011, 11:47 AM
I also don't think so and until we have a newly elected federation, this issue (Hosting the Asian Championships in Lebanon), will remain unclear...

Time will be against us though...Changing the federation and the time required to elect a new federation that is fully functional will take time so the sooner we get rid of this federation the better things will turn out for us (I hope).

it's not that long (3 moths max remember last year before the WC ?) but the thing is will they (the new elected federation) plan this thing through ?

ylaine
09-28-2011, 12:03 PM
with those problems exist in lebanon. i think the philippines will have a better change to host this event. cause the board still accepting the applicants till end of this month. and i don;t see any other countries apply for it.

ylaine
09-28-2011, 12:05 PM
one more thing to ask the pilipino. is the philippines can or can not use the PBA players?. anyone?.

snapper32
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
would be great if fiba asia be held here in the philippines lots of venues here..specially if it will be held at moa arena you will see 1 of the most beautifull sunsets in the world and alot of tourist attraction especialy if its held in manila.im sure the security will be tight no bus hostage or bombing..:)but we cant promise hagop his safety here :D

Eaglefan97
09-29-2011, 12:37 AM
one more thing to ask the pilipino. is the philippines can or can not use the PBA players?. anyone?.

This is for another thread but the Philippine Basketball scene is chock full of politics. Basketball is big business in the Philippines and as a result, the national team always played second fiddle to all the other local leagues. Simply because there is no revenue from a national team. (Yes, it's disappointing but that's a fact here.) The national team was actually BOOED when they played against a popular local cub here.

The PBA teams don't want to lend their players because it would affect their teams' performance in the local leagues. Several talented college players opted to go pro instead of joining the national team.

Even some of the best amateur players were prevented by their own schools either because the FIBA events clashed with the college games, or the university had issues with the SBP (national team organization.) Like 6-11 Junmar Fajardo and 7-0 Greg Slaughter.

And no, none of them want to adjust their schedules for FIBA.

That was then.

Toroman did a great job despite not having access to all the best and more experienced players in the land. Because of their performance in the recent FIBA ASIA Championships, the national team is attractive again and now the attitude towards them is changing.

MaNaNaBaS
09-29-2011, 01:14 AM
philippines for sure

Eaglefan97
09-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Looking at the countries in Asia, I think Lebanon and the Philippines SHOULD be given the opportunity. Both are basketball crazy nations and FIBA needs to acknowledge that. CHINA has hosted four of the last 7, while Japan hosted two.

Although personally, I really hope the Philippines gets the nod. We haven't had a chance to host the event in decades.

1) It is easily the country in Asia where basketball is most beloved. Lebanon fans are also passionate but the Philippines has a longer love affair with the sport. If you doubt it, read the book PACIFIC RIMS. Basketball is a religion here.

2) The game atmosphere is something else. Just ask the players who played in the recent Champions Cup. Ask them how electric the atmosphere was. That wasn't even the best venue in the country.

3) World Class Stadium: The MOA Stadium will be brand new and it will be right next to the lovely sunsets of Manila Bay along Roxas Boulevard. NBA/FIBA regulation floor boards and basketball infrastructure is actually a standard in the Philippines. Even the cheapest courAnd there are good back up stadiums, including the historic SMART ARANETA COLISEUM where Muhammad Ali fought Joe Frazier.

*But no, not NAGA. FIBA would have several standards and NAGA doesn't stand a chance. But they should refurbish the Cuneta Astrodome down the road from MOA as a practice venue. They can also practice at the nearby RIZAL COLISEUM, or if they don't mind the hour long drive, they can practice at the MORO LORENZO CENTER, which features a regulation NBA Court imported here from the NBA All-Star game in California a few years back.

4) Accommodations: The road is also home to several prestigious four and five star hotels for all the foreign delegates.

5) Internet Connectivity. Believe it or not, this is a very, very important factor. I spoke to an NBA rep in Japan back in 1999 during the Kings-T-Wolves game there and he mentioned that foreign media would need reliable high speed connectivity. Back then the Philippines did not have the infrastructure to support it. Today, the Philippines is one of the most active nations in cyberspace. SMART, the company that handles the national team, is a leading telecom and internet service provider in Asia, and would easily be able to take care of all communications needs across all platforms.

6) Experienced Crew. In a country that has several pro leagues, several college leagues and where basketball is played all year round, you will get experienced crewmen everywhere you look.

Remember all those shot clock snafus, and delayed scoreboards in Wuhan? I guarantee that will never happen here in the Philippines. Too many people with decades of experience in operating every minute detail of basketball event.

7) Hospitality. If the Champions Cup is any indication, you'll get fair calls. And the fans will heckle and boo you on the court, but ask even the any of the players who have been here and you will know they are revered here, and will be treated with respect off the court.

8) Convenience. The international airport, the hotels and the coliseum are actually all very, very near each other, and the coliseum itself is connected to one of the biggest malls in Asia.

9) Tourist spots. I would actually encourage the players and officials who come here to take advantage of the cheap domestic fares to go to some our world class beaches for R&R after the games. For less than $200 USD a head, you can find yourself on some of the most spectacular beaches in Asia within two hours. Boracay, Palawan, Coron...and if you want to meet some Hollywood celebrities, Amanpulo (but that's really expensive and you'll need to pay thousands of dollars...after you pass their screening process.)

10) It will motivate the country to come up with a team of the best players with the best preparation. (Well, I hope so anyway. Maybe having the games here will get the officials to put aside their silly politics, infighting and vested interests)

===

Servinio
09-29-2011, 04:22 AM
The Araneta Coliseum was rejected as a venue for last summer's FIBA-Asia Champions Cup because the management refused to take down their internal advertisements. The FIBA manual is very strict regarding court markings and in-venue signages.

reamily
09-29-2011, 06:34 AM
The Araneta Coliseum was rejected as a venue for last summer's FIBA-Asia Champions Cup because the management refused to take down their internal advertisements. The FIBA manual is very strict regarding court markings and in-venue signages.

i see:D:cool: but they get away in it in 2005 but not in 2011:cool:

Thegloryball
09-29-2011, 10:19 AM
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1098605&page=10 open this links! our MOA arena is nearing its completion :D

ylaine
09-29-2011, 01:29 PM
if the philippines host the next fiba asia basketball championship. i think the philippines will still be rank between first to third place. there were five equal powerful basketball teams as of today. namely, china, jordan, south korea, philippines and iran. all these teams can have the potential to get the champion. other world class powerful team not included in asian basketball but belong to asia continent are israel and turkey. the australian team sometimes also join the asia invitational games. and sometimes even participated. like the east asian games.

in order for the philippines to secure champion. the team have to organize immediately. right now. send them frequently to u.s. and europe as many times as possible for training and friendly games. group together for strict training. no drinks and women. and lastly. the philiipines already have are the fans, referees, and their hometown familiar basketball court.

as for championship. the ball is round. luck is also a factor. any team can win it. but it will be decide on that particular place and time. even one point ahead is considered the winner. trophy is given. no matter how your team is very strong or not. whoever wins it get it. period. to cry that your team is the strongest and should be the champion is useless. people based on the result on that particular moment. that's it. see the american baseball. that one is even worst. it's very hard to know which team is going to win. isn't it.

Eaglefan97
09-29-2011, 06:47 PM
if the philippines host the next fiba asia basketball championship. i think the philippines will still be rank between first to third place. there were five equal powerful basketball teams as of today. namely, china, jordan, south korea, philippines and iran. all these teams can have the potential to get the champion. other world class powerful team not included in asian basketball but belong to asia continent are israel and turkey. the australian team sometimes also join the asia invitational games. and sometimes even participated. like the east asian games.

in order for the philippines to secure champion. the team have to organize immediately. right now. send them frequently to u.s. and europe as many times as possible for training and friendly games. group together for strict training. no drinks and women. and lastly. the philiipines already have are the fans, referees, and their hometown familiar basketball court.

as for championship. the ball is round. luck is also a factor. any team can win it. but it will be decide on that particular place and time. even one point ahead is considered the winner. trophy is given. no matter how your team is very strong or not. whoever wins it get it. period. to cry that your team is the strongest and should be the champion is useless. people based on the result on that particular moment. that's it. see the american baseball. that one is even worst. it's very hard to know which team is going to win. isn't it.

The team actually did what you suggested in 2004. For the 2005 Championships. The team was competing well against US Collegiate teams and played a few euro teams as well. However, internal politics caused FIBA to suspend the Philippines preventing that team from even competing. The suspension was lifted early 2007 and that year's team was made up of some of the 2005 team's players but by then, they hadn't been playing together for a long time and some of them had lost a step or two.

Before that, the last time the Philippines seriously prepared for the Asian Championships was in 1985 which we won, and in 1987 during which we placed fourth.

Between 1987 and 2007, the Philippines only sent their best to the Asian Games where we placed second, fourth, third and fourth. (No team in 2006 because we were still suspended)

The other Philippine teams fielded to the Championships during this era were usually club teams or college kids.

reamily
09-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Lebanon can still field a good team by 2013 with or without Khatib

rycorpz
09-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Looking at the countries in Asia, I think Lebanon and the Philippines SHOULD be given the opportunity. Both are basketball crazy nations and FIBA needs to acknowledge that. CHINA has hosted four of the last 7, while Japan hosted two.

Although personally, I really hope the Philippines gets the nod. We haven't had a chance to host the event in decades.

1) It is easily the country in Asia where basketball is most beloved. Lebanon fans are also passionate but the Philippines has a longer love affair with the sport. If you doubt it, read the book PACIFIC RIMS. Basketball is a religion here.

2) The game atmosphere is something else. Just ask the players who played in the recent Champions Cup. Ask them how electric the atmosphere was. That wasn't even the best venue in the country.

3) World Class Stadium: The MOA Stadium will be brand new and it will be right next to the lovely sunsets of Manila Bay along Roxas Boulevard. NBA/FIBA regulation floor boards and basketball infrastructure is actually a standard in the Philippines. Even the cheapest courAnd there are good back up stadiums, including the historic SMART ARANETA COLISEUM where Muhammad Ali fought Joe Frazier.

*But no, not NAGA. FIBA would have several standards and NAGA doesn't stand a chance. But they should refurbish the Cuneta Astrodome down the road from MOA as a practice venue. They can also practice at the nearby RIZAL COLISEUM, or if they don't mind the hour long drive, they can practice at the MORO LORENZO CENTER, which features a regulation NBA Court imported here from the NBA All-Star game in California a few years back.

4) Accommodations: The road is also home to several prestigious four and five star hotels for all the foreign delegates.

5) Internet Connectivity. Believe it or not, this is a very, very important factor. I spoke to an NBA rep in Japan back in 1999 during the Kings-T-Wolves game there and he mentioned that foreign media would need reliable high speed connectivity. Back then the Philippines did not have the infrastructure to support it. Today, the Philippines is one of the most active nations in cyberspace. SMART, the company that handles the national team, is a leading telecom and internet service provider in Asia, and would easily be able to take care of all communications needs across all platforms.

6) Experienced Crew. In a country that has several pro leagues, several college leagues and where basketball is played all year round, you will get experienced crewmen everywhere you look.

Remember all those shot clock snafus, and delayed scoreboards in Wuhan? I guarantee that will never happen here in the Philippines. Too many people with decades of experience in operating every minute detail of basketball event.

7) Hospitality. If the Champions Cup is any indication, you'll get fair calls. And the fans will heckle and boo you on the court, but ask even the any of the players who have been here and you will know they are revered here, and will be treated with respect off the court.

8) Convenience. The international airport, the hotels and the coliseum are actually all very, very near each other, and the coliseum itself is connected to one of the biggest malls in Asia.

9) Tourist spots. I would actually encourage the players and officials who come here to take advantage of the cheap domestic fares to go to some our world class beaches for R&R after the games. For less than $200 USD a head, you can find yourself on some of the most spectacular beaches in Asia within two hours. Boracay, Palawan, Coron...and if you want to meet some Hollywood celebrities, Amanpulo (but that's really expensive and you'll need to pay thousands of dollars...after you pass their screening process.)

10) It will motivate the country to come up with a team of the best players with the best preparation. (Well, I hope so anyway. Maybe having the games here will get the officials to put aside their silly politics, infighting and vested interests)

===

:cool: SPOT ON! If I'm Baumann Philipiines IKAW NA IKAW NA

DarknessFalls
09-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Philippines should be given the one for 2015 at least :)

ylaine
10-01-2011, 10:56 AM
i think hosting the fiba asia should be given to the one not hosting before and is willing to host it. after all. why china is hosting too many times. it is because china can afford it. and other nations either not qualify or financial disable or for some other reasons. i remembered at one era where no countries want to host it. and thailand came to rescue the abc or asian games basketball championship at least twice. furthermore. the philiipines also came to rescue the abc youth basketball championship for many times. simply no other countries want it. other capable big chinese cities might qualifies in the future like guangzhou/shenzhen, shengyang and chongqing. but i hope cebu city, philiipines will host this event in the future. at least 18 and under championship. they got the aznar and cebu coliseum.

webuyube
10-02-2011, 03:15 AM
looking at the countries in asia, i think lebanon and the philippines should be given the opportunity. Both are basketball crazy nations and fiba needs to acknowledge that. China has hosted four of the last 7, while japan hosted two.

Although personally, i really hope the philippines gets the nod. We haven't had a chance to host the event in decades.

1) it is easily the country in asia where basketball is most beloved. Lebanon fans are also passionate but the philippines has a longer love affair with the sport. If you doubt it, read the book pacific rims. Basketball is a religion here.

2) the game atmosphere is something else. Just ask the players who played in the recent champions cup. Ask them how electric the atmosphere was. That wasn't even the best venue in the country.

3) world class stadium: The moa stadium will be brand new and it will be right next to the lovely sunsets of manila bay along roxas boulevard. Nba/fiba regulation floor boards and basketball infrastructure is actually a standard in the philippines. Even the cheapest courand there are good back up stadiums, including the historic smart araneta coliseum where muhammad ali fought joe frazier.

*but no, not naga. Fiba would have several standards and naga doesn't stand a chance. But they should refurbish the cuneta astrodome down the road from moa as a practice venue. They can also practice at the nearby rizal coliseum, or if they don't mind the hour long drive, they can practice at the moro lorenzo center, which features a regulation nba court imported here from the nba all-star game in california a few years back.

4) accommodations: The road is also home to several prestigious four and five star hotels for all the foreign delegates.

5) internet connectivity. Believe it or not, this is a very, very important factor. I spoke to an nba rep in japan back in 1999 during the kings-t-wolves game there and he mentioned that foreign media would need reliable high speed connectivity. Back then the philippines did not have the infrastructure to support it. Today, the philippines is one of the most active nations in cyberspace. Smart, the company that handles the national team, is a leading telecom and internet service provider in asia, and would easily be able to take care of all communications needs across all platforms.

6) experienced crew. In a country that has several pro leagues, several college leagues and where basketball is played all year round, you will get experienced crewmen everywhere you look.

Remember all those shot clock snafus, and delayed scoreboards in wuhan? I guarantee that will never happen here in the philippines. Too many people with decades of experience in operating every minute detail of basketball event.

7) hospitality. If the champions cup is any indication, you'll get fair calls. And the fans will heckle and boo you on the court, but ask even the any of the players who have been here and you will know they are revered here, and will be treated with respect off the court.

8) convenience. The international airport, the hotels and the coliseum are actually all very, very near each other, and the coliseum itself is connected to one of the biggest malls in asia.

9) tourist spots. I would actually encourage the players and officials who come here to take advantage of the cheap domestic fares to go to some our world class beaches for r&r after the games. For less than $200 usd a head, you can find yourself on some of the most spectacular beaches in asia within two hours. Boracay, palawan, coron...and if you want to meet some hollywood celebrities, amanpulo (but that's really expensive and you'll need to pay thousands of dollars...after you pass their screening process.)

10) it will motivate the country to come up with a team of the best players with the best preparation. (well, i hope so anyway. Maybe having the games here will get the officials to put aside their silly politics, infighting and vested interests)

===

wow..you should replace our dept. Of tourism secretary

gazara
10-08-2011, 09:35 PM
The lebanese federation met with the fiba asia federation and discussion hosting Fiba asia 2013 in lebanon.
We are pretty close to host it in Pierre Gemayel Close Door Stadium in Beirut [6000 Seats]

source:Lebanese Basketball Group on FB !

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/63837_148687771833155_114642201904379_201771_27208 54_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/63837_148687778499821_114642201904379_201773_82876 55_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/61909_148688185166447_114642201904379_201780_22542 17_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/61026_147259748642624_114642201904379_194522_17616 90_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/61026_147259741975958_114642201904379_194520_65727 99_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/60324_148229215212344_114642201904379_199901_70283 8_n.jpg

zoman114
10-14-2011, 02:46 PM
The lebanese federation met with the fiba asia federation and discussion hosting Fiba asia 2013 in lebanon.
We are pretty close to host it in Pierre Gemayel Close Door Stadium in Beirut [6000 Seats]

source:Lebanese Basketball Group on FB !

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/63837_148687771833155_114642201904379_201771_27208 54_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/63837_148687778499821_114642201904379_201773_82876 55_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/61909_148688185166447_114642201904379_201780_22542 17_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/61026_147259748642624_114642201904379_194522_17616 90_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/61026_147259741975958_114642201904379_194520_65727 99_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/60324_148229215212344_114642201904379_199901_70283 8_n.jpg

6,000 seats? Pretty cool. Looks clean and world class, too.

But check this:
Smart Araneta Coliseum = 15,000 seats
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Araneta_Coliseum_Basketball_with_Big_Cube_2011.JPG/799px-Araneta_Coliseum_Basketball_with_Big_Cube_2011.JPG

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2011/07/Kobe-dunk.jpg
Yes, that's Kobe Bryant in the Smart Araneta Coliseum :)

SM Arena = 20,000 seats
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9WddITA2vtw/Ti_Bat-dcDI/AAAAAAAAFL0/quhb6W3JSh4/s1600/103ofd.jpg
To be completed in 2012!

Best of luck to whoever gets the hosting gig!

Go Philippines!

gazara
10-14-2011, 04:01 PM
hey man , you have to notice something that we are a 4 Million Population :p

leb-basket
10-14-2011, 05:23 PM
hey man , you have to notice something that we are a 4 Million Population :p

from which few are the ones who still visit basketball stadiums. Most of the clubs in lebanon dt have their own home court gym. So most of them are in beirut. In the philippines u can have teams from diff cities and by that have a higher percent of fans and followers.

zoman114
10-14-2011, 10:15 PM
from which few are the ones who still visit basketball stadiums. Most of the clubs in lebanon dt have their own home court gym. So most of them are in beirut. In the philippines u can have teams from diff cities and by that have a higher percent of fans and followers.

This actually helps the Philippine argument for hosting the event! Thanks!

Anyway, I guess safety issues would be of utmost concern for both countries as well. But no matter who gets it, I hope it'll be managed a little better (especially in terms of the eligibility fiasco and other things that seemed "shady" in Wuhan) by the local organizers.

leb-basket
10-15-2011, 10:15 AM
This actually helps the Philippine argument for hosting the event! Thanks!

Anyway, I guess safety issues would be of utmost concern for both countries as well. But no matter who gets it, I hope it'll be managed a little better (especially in terms of the eligibility fiasco and other things that seemed "shady" in Wuhan) by the local organizers.

hold on mate, when it comes to international tournaments we are still from the best. Even during our national league games majority of games are full house. I guess you saw that during stankovic. Anw both of countries are ready to host the tournament. It's just that we were supposed to host in in 2011 that's why we are favourites to host the upcoming abc.

FRIEDRICE
10-15-2011, 02:33 PM
hold on mate, when it comes to international tournaments we are still from the best. Even during our national league games majority of games are full house. I guess you saw that during stankovic. Anw both of countries are ready to host the tournament. It's just that we were supposed to host in in 2011 that's why we are favourites to host the upcoming abc.

I heard that PHILIPINES is having a good chance than LEBANON.....

Congrats......

leb-basket
10-15-2011, 03:47 PM
I heard that PHILIPINES is having a good chance than LEBANON.....

Congrats......

gd for u

tmlouk
10-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Qatar will host the Champs. Qatar will host each Continental and world champiocnhips in each sport in the future. They have a famouse football history, that`s why they`ve got the world cup. It`s all about money, not history, emotions.

mavrick_h
10-18-2011, 10:14 AM
said it once and will say it again unless Lebanon gave this away it's pretty obvious now that is going to be hosted in Beirut.

Leave the details this country has this and that has that.

I think we can have the honor to host one tournament in the history of AC. We earned that !

raichu08
12-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Philippines or Lebanon would be good for The Philippines' next campaign. I'd love to have it held on PHL so I can watch the games live, But lebanon is also good for the team because of the big Filipino Community.

No more china hosting pls.

reamily
12-24-2011, 02:41 PM
if athe next host would be a rich middle east country surely a win situation for Philippines and the host

rocketstar47
01-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Who will be the host ?
When will the tournament starts?

I think this are the countries that are bidding
to host the tournament:

Philippines
lebanon
qatar
iran

rocketstar47
01-08-2012, 08:26 AM
i hope the philippines will host this AC

oaba09
01-19-2012, 06:36 AM
I'd be great if the Philippines will be given a chance to host the 2013 championships but I wouldn't mind seeing Lebanon host it either....As long as it's not china, I'm fine with it....

rocketstar47
01-21-2012, 11:38 AM
SBP Presses its bid in hosting the 2013 CHAMPIONSHIP

all_about
04-21-2012, 06:50 AM
SBP Presses its bid in hosting the 2013 CHAMPIONSHIP

Good News for Philippine Basketball.

We have the upper hand against our counterparts in hosting next year's FIBA ASIA CHAMPIONSHIPS.

ylaine
06-16-2012, 10:09 AM
2013 host - lebanon
2015 host - philippines
2017 host - china

aldwinella
06-17-2012, 03:11 AM
lol, it will still be china, you guys want another standoff?

heart21
07-23-2012, 09:30 AM
LEBANON should host the fiba asia 2013 because it is one of the strongest countries in asia.

tmlouk
07-23-2012, 06:07 PM
LEBANON should host the fiba asia 2013 because it is one of the strongest countries in asia.

lebanon is close to war. i would sent my nt in such a dangerous region

mavrick_h
08-14-2012, 11:15 PM

What are they spreading on your tv statons that we don't know about ?

Servinio
08-15-2012, 05:26 AM
FIBA-Asia Secretary-General Hagop Khajirian conducted an ocular inspection of the Mall of Asia Arena yesterday (August 14). He just left Manila earlier today for Mongolia.

http://servssports.wordpress.com

durden_tyler
08-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Better and correct link:

MOA Arena impresses top FIBA Asia official, boosts Philippines’ bid to host (http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/moa-arena-impresses-top-fiba-asia-official-boosts-philippines-bid-to-host)

all_about
08-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Please not China again.

For me personally, I see three countries battling it out for the right to host the 2013 Fiba Asia Championships they are:

Philippines
Qatar
Lebanon

Mojado
08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Please not China again.

For me personally, I see three countries battling it out for the right to host the 2013 Fiba Asia Championships they are:

Philippines
Qatar
Lebanon

I hope its not Qatar. No one excep some Pinoy expats would attend the games.
Philippines should get it this time.Its long overdue.

rocketstar47
08-15-2012, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=Mojado;725176]I hope its not Qatar. No one excep some Pinoy expats would attend the games.
Philippines should get it this time.Its long overdue.[/]

Philippines will win the bid

Other aside from Philippines

Beirut
Doha
Seoul
Singapore
Tehran
Damascus hehehehe

all_about
08-15-2012, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=Mojado;725176]I hope its not Qatar. No one excep some Pinoy expats would attend the games.
Philippines should get it this time.Its long overdue.[/]

Philippines will win the bid

Other aside from Philippines

Beirut
Doha
Seoul
Singapore
Tehran
Damascus hehehehe

They can't take it away from the Philippines. We are on the way of getting that honor of hosting the 2013 Fiba Asia Championships

daniab
08-15-2012, 07:34 PM
I hope its not Qatar. No one excep some Pinoy expats would attend the games.
Philippines should get it this time.Its long overdue.

In the 2005 Asian Championship in Doha, the Lebanese fans were huge in every game Lebanon was part of. You can check Youtube to see it yourself. Actually tournaments in East Asia is pretty boring (fans wise) unlike the gulf region who have large communities from many countries like Lebanon, Philippines, Jordan etc...

interxavierxxx
08-15-2012, 09:22 PM

He's probably confusing Lebanon with Syria. A simple case of ignorance.

all_about
08-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Dear Hagop,

I hope you're reading this thread and may you be enlightened to majority of the forumers here that Philippines should be the host of the 2013 Fiba Asia Championship.

There are few countries that are also bidding for it Lebanon and Qatar. I know deep down inside it takes time to make your ultimate decision but please choose wisely.

It was 39 years ago the time when we hosted the Fiba Asia Championship.

For the past 11 years it was held it China 4 times. Hopefully it will not be played under their home soil this moment.

Lebanon and Qatar are other countries vying for the right to showcase next years championship but the Philippines will never ever give up that easily.

Sincerely yours,
Kaibigan

kaiziken_pinas
08-16-2012, 01:10 PM
So what facilities do Qatar and Lebanon have? Thing is, their arenas aren't really up-to-par with international standards. Qatar has like, one of them (FIBA Asia Champions Cup 2010) while Lebanon didn't even do a good job last Stankovic 2010 and quite frankly, the stadium had less than 5k capacity, wasn't that good-looking, and still had seats empty.

I'm not being biased (or maybe I am) but facilities and fans-wise, the Philippines is the best choice. Heck, when we hosted the Champions Cup we used a stadium that wasn't even utilized regularly. If the 2013 Championships will be held here, it'll be in this stadium (and Hagop really loved it).

SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City Philippines. In a huge complex with a Mall, convention center, lots of parking spaces, little traffic and a beautiful scenery of the Manila Bay.

And if it won't be here, we have tons of alternatives.

Smart Araneta Coliseum (but it was ruled out because of the traffic and the advertising)

http://www.rizalprovince.gov.ph/best-in-rizal/images/Ynares%20Center%20-%20Antipolo.jpg

Ynares Center

And by the way guys, watch this video if you want to have an idea of what the PH National team will look like come 2013, as I'm sure that some of you have no idea who they are and what they're capable of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lpXEzgh4Es

mangangalakal
08-16-2012, 01:33 PM

You could be referring to Syria, which shares a border with Lebanon. I also heard over the German broadcaster DW-TV that Tripoli is being used as a supply base for the Syrian resistance... Lebanese friends is this true???? :D :D :D

Khalid80
08-16-2012, 04:31 PM
The problem is that since Lebanon borders Syria the events that are happening in Syria are also affecting the overall situation in Lebanon and that is why if things stay as they are unfortunately I don't see Lebanon hosting the 2013 Asian Championship... And to be honest we don't have stadiums like those in Philippines but you guys should remember that Lebanon just has a population of almost 4 million people and that is why you won't see stadiums like the Araneta Coliseum or the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Philippines

mavrick_h
08-16-2012, 05:16 PM
You could be referring to Syria, which shares a border with Lebanon. I also heard over the German broadcaster DW-TV that Tripoli is being used as a supply base for the Syrian resistance... Lebanese friends is this true???? :D :D :D

Don't believe anything on the news, specially when they are foreigners whom don't have a single clue on what's really going on.

toikins
08-16-2012, 05:34 PM
So what facilities do Qatar and Lebanon have? Thing is, their arenas aren't really up-to-par with international standards. Qatar has like, one of them (FIBA Asia Champions Cup 2010) while Lebanon didn't even do a good job last Stankovic 2010 and quite frankly, the stadium had less than 5k capacity, wasn't that good-looking, and still had seats empty.

I'm not being biased (or maybe I am) but facilities and fans-wise, the Philippines is the best choice. Heck, when we hosted the Champions Cup we used a stadium that wasn't even utilized regularly. If the 2013 Championships will be held here, it'll be in this stadium (and Hagop really loved it).

SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City Philippines. In a huge complex with a Mall, convention center, lots of parking spaces, little traffic and a beautiful scenery of the Manila Bay.

And if it won't be here, we have tons of alternatives.

Smart Araneta Coliseum (but it was ruled out because of the traffic and the advertising)

http://www.rizalprovince.gov.ph/best-in-rizal/images/Ynares%20Center%20-%20Antipolo.jpg

Ynares Center

And by the way guys, watch this video if you want to have an idea of what the PH National team will look like come 2013, as I'm sure that some of you have no idea who they are and what they're capable of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lpXEzgh4Es

You have to remember that most filipino fans dont care about games if its non PBA,UAAP, and NCAA game.
And never filled an arena with the national team playing.
Most are interested but would rather watch it on TV,alternately with their favorite soap opera /drama.
So dont be too much appreciative of filipino fans.
They dont share the same enthusiasm as yours.

And you were just talking about reality. But you sound a little boastful at the same time.
If we are to bid on a world championship hosting and other posters from around the world in this forum points out something from the philippines and question its ability, what would you do? I bet you will defend the philippines while being hurt and even result to an ugly exchange. so lower down your optimism this time coz its filled with arrogance. payo lang

Now, where is the part 2 of your video? :cool:

mavrick_h
08-16-2012, 05:36 PM
...while Lebanon didn't even do a good job last Stankovic 2010 and quite frankly, the stadium had less than 5k capacity, wasn't that good-looking, and still had seats empty.

Who told you that ? We didn't do a good job ?! Stadium capacities are based on country's popularity. What's the purpose of having big arenas when they never get filled entirely ? Good looking ? Is this the miss world or the universe ? What the good looking has anything to do with the host country ?! You just offended the Asian Federation and the Lebanese Federation by saying this. Next time would you please be objective in your analysis.

kaiziken_pinas
08-17-2012, 12:01 AM
oops. Maybe my post got a bit out of hand. Sorry guys :) deepest apologies, didn't mean to offend anyone.

mabuhay_pilipinas
08-29-2012, 12:21 PM
we just won the 2012 asian jones cup!!...yipee!!.... This success may give us a better chance to host 2013 fiba asia championship :) :) :)

Mabuhay!!

all_about
08-29-2012, 12:26 PM
2013 Hosting Rights goes to....

mabuhay_pilipinas
08-29-2012, 12:43 PM

most of us know about the situations abroad through the internet, i haven't heard something about Lebanon in the news for a few years already, the last time i heard something about your country was during a conflict between Lebanon and Israel..that was long ago.... please don't blame our media, they have clean record on delivering enough and exact news INTERNATIONALLY!!! ...i am a student journalist (spec. editorial and feature writer in Filipino) and i know how high the level of journalism is in our country... watch your words!!

mabuhay_pilipinas
08-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Who told you that ? We didn't do a good job ?! Stadium capacities are based on country's popularity. What's the purpose of having big arenas when they never get filled entirely ? Good looking ? Is this the miss world or the universe ? What the good looking has anything to do with the host country ?! You just offended the Asian Federation and the Lebanese Federation by saying this. Next time would you please be objective in your analysis.

Who told you they'll never be filled entirely?? are you sure?? haha... Let me have it in two points.... First point,we Filipinos always support our national team and even individual athletes that represent our nation because we know that they're carrying the pride and glory of our nation in their discipline(if you just have seen how Filipinos supported our athletes during the 2005 Southeast Asian Games in Manila note: we were the overall champion that time over 5 powerhouse sporting nations namely Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and Singapore and there were still 5 more participating countries). Second point, we are a basketball crazy nation and basketball is the most popular sport here, you can see basketball courts in every corners of every streets across the archipelago. Every place, even small municipalities, have their own high class basketball arenas(just like in my place here in Sindangan, Zamboanga del Norte where we have an 8,000 seater high class basketball facility under construction and our neighbor, Dipolog City, which has two 10,000 seater high class arenas). That proves how we Filipinos almost consider basketball as a religion(hyperbole) here. Thus, you can never say what you just said if you've never been here...

See for yourself(click the image for larger views):

mabuhay_pilipinas
08-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Ideal Venues in the Philippines are:

1. Mall of Asia Arena (16,000 seating capacity)

2. Araneta Coliseum (15,000 seating capacity)

3. Ynares Center[Antipolo] (12,000 seating capacity)

4. Cuneta Astrodome (12,000 seating capacity)

5. Philsports Arena (10,000 seating capacity)

gazara
08-29-2012, 06:54 PM
It's Ok let's Phillipine Host it :P we will win it there like we won the Asia Club Championship last year

reamily
08-29-2012, 08:22 PM
It's Ok let's Phillipine Host it :P we will win it there like we won the Asia Club Championship last year

yeah if we qualify edi everybody happy:cool: but seriously it would be a good fight for us and your team hopefully both teams don't dissapoint

budz17
08-29-2012, 10:01 PM
hahaha. nice thread. filipinos and lebanese bashing each other. hope somebody gets it in their heads that arguing about which venue is better will not help in the decision making on where to hold this event.

as for me, I hope it would go to the philippines. Its been a long time since a prestigious event has been held in the country. who knows, if we get to host it, the powers that be in basketball in our country would actually get their acts together and assemble the best team available.

and seriously, if fiba asia wants to showcase how popular basketball is in asia, what better place to hold it than in the country where it is most popular in the whole of asia.

mabuhay_pilipinas
08-30-2012, 10:13 AM

Really..?? ..I've heard that Javale McGee's Filipino naturalization is already in our congress... haha.. Javale McGee, Marcus Douthit, LA Tenorio, Japhet Aguilar(possibly), Gabe Norwood, and possibly the Filipino blooded Nate Robinson..??.. :cool:;)

mabuhay_pilipinas
08-30-2012, 10:40 AM
THE WORLD'S LARGEST AND BIGGEST ARENA: OPENING IN 2014

The Philippine Arena - 50,000 seating capacity

mabuhay_pilipinas
08-30-2012, 11:39 AM
If we bid, we have a big chance to host 2018 FIBA World Cup..... possible venues??

Choices:

1. Philippine Arena[Under Construction] (50,000)

2. Mall of Asia Arena (16,000)

3. Araneta Coliseum (15,000)

4. Ynares Center (12,000)

5. Cuneta Astrodome (12,000)

6. Naga City Coliseum (12,000)

7.PhilSports Arena (10,000)

8. Zamboanga Coliseum (10,000)

9. Dipolog Sports Complex Arena (10,000)

10. Cebu Coliseum (8,000)

11. Rizal Memorial Coliseum (8,000)

12. Sindangan Cultural and Sports Center[Under Construction] (8,000)

13. Zamboanga del Norte[ZaNorte] Cultural and Sports Center (8,000)

14. La Salle Coliseum (8,000

15 Ateneo de Manila University Gymnasium (7,500)

16. Ninoy Aquino Stadium (6,000)

17. Quadricentennial Pavilion Arena (5,792)

18. San Juan Arena (5,000)

19. Lamberto Macias Cultural and Sports Center (5,000)

20. Capiz Gymnasium (5,000)

21. Ynares Sports Arena (3,000)

22. Makati Coliseum (3,000)

23. San Juan Gymnasium (2,000)

....there are still a lot that i don't know.....

gazara
09-01-2012, 06:25 PM
all the names you mentioned are good but take a look on this picture :

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309230_4462789377238_808541959_n.jpg

:cool:;)

gazara
09-01-2012, 09:04 PM
I Think we deserve a Chance to Host Fiba Asia 2013 ,we got Crazy Fans ,all lebanese people love this Game !!

Watch and have fun !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeqXHmG2yDk

One of the Best Game last Season ,Derby of Lebanon ,Champville and Riyadi
Riyadi were leading by 1 ,and there was 2.6 sec , possession for Champville ,Fadi Got the Ball and had a buzzer Beater ,Crazy Game ,Watch the Fans !!

-----------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbCceLVOMyA&feature=fvwrel

Al Riyadi Fans ,and This Stadium in Manara Beirut is one of the hardest Stadium to win against Riyadi there ,and the good news that Riyadi will host Fiba Asia Club Championship 2012 in this Stadium !!

reamily
09-02-2012, 03:14 AM
Although I want it to be here I don't mind if it goes to Japan and Lebanon as long as it is not in

China again..

swish#20
09-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Why the Philippines deserves to host the 2013 Fiba Asia Championships? Let's ask Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo about the fans here: :cool:

Rondo also discussed why he loves basketball fans in the Phillippines, and that he used to play basketball in sandals all the time. Ethan Sherwood Strauss of Bleacher Report has the interview: “B/R: You talked about being interested in the basketball culture in the Philippines. I was wondering: What made you interested in that culture? RR: Just common sense. The fans are crazy there. It’s unbelievable how many Celtic fans are there, how many Rondo fans are there. They bleed basketball. It’s like being home in Boston, but kinda on steroids. Population of about 93 million, and they show a lot of love. A lot of fans understood the game of basketball, and I think they could relate to me because I’m not the biggest guy on the court, but I play with a lot of heart. B/R: I hear that they play in sandals. Did you see any of that? Could you ever see yourself playing in sandals? RR: As I grew up, I played in sandals. I played in flip-flops all the time back in the day. That’s why I didn’t really care about spraining my ankles. When I first started in the NBA, I loved low-cuts. I can play (in them), because I used to grow up playing in flip-flops all the time.”

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/08/31/sh-blog-rondo-expects-to-win-nba-title-plans-to-beat-jeremy-lin-pretty-badly/

mabuhay_pilipinas
09-04-2012, 09:43 AM
all the names you mentioned are good but take a look on this picture :

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309230_4462789377238_808541959_n.jpg

:cool:;)

After taking a look..?? What now..??

mabuhay_pilipinas
09-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I Think we deserve a Chance to Host Fiba Asia 2013 ,we got Crazy Fans ,all lebanese people love this Game !!

Watch and have fun !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeqXHmG2yDk

One of the Best Game last Season ,Derby of Lebanon ,Champville and Riyadi
Riyadi were leading by 1 ,and there was 2.6 sec , possession for Champville ,Fadi Got the Ball and had a buzzer Beater ,Crazy Game ,Watch the Fans !!

-----------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbCceLVOMyA&feature=fvwrel

Al Riyadi Fans ,and This Stadium in Manara Beirut is one of the hardest Stadium to win against Riyadi there ,and the good news that Riyadi will host Fiba Asia Club Championship 2012 in this Stadium !!

No need for that. Khalid80

gazara
09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
LOL before talking anything you don't know about it ...In Lebanon the most popular sport is Basketball !! then come the others

gazara
09-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Yes ,in Stankovic i will reply ,he will kick some asses as he kicked them before !!
also to mention ,we kicked your's without him in Jone Cup with a big margin

mabuhay_pilipinas
09-06-2012, 10:24 AM
LOL before talking anything you don't know about it ...In Lebanon the most popular sport is Basketball !! then come the others

source??....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Lebanon
it's quoted there: "Football is the most popular sport in Lebanon. In association football, the main federation for Lebanon is the Federation Libanaise de Football."

b3lowzro
09-06-2012, 11:05 AM
let me have an example... during an official debate, one of my closest friend was a participant... her words ended the debate.. and here's what she said:
"In every rule(or in this case, in everything) is an exemption and with that exemption is another exemption and another and another".... in this case YOU were the EXEMPTION... and sad for you to say... YOU'RE JUST AN EXEMPTION!!

lol getting info from wiki, bro please don't be too arrogant. The lebanese are friends here in interbasket, there is no reason to engage them in such childish confrontation.

vivaspain
09-06-2012, 11:43 AM
i am lebanese here and i respect ( a lot )the Philippine , please we don't want any trouble . PEACE

Mojado
09-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Really..?? ..I've heard that Javale McGee's Filipino naturalization is already in our congress... haha.. Javale McGee, Marcus Douthit, LA Tenorio, Japhet Aguilar(possibly), Gabe Norwood, and possibly the Filipino blooded Nate Robinson..??.. :cool:;)

For my random-FIBA hoop fans:

Either you use McGee, Douthit OR Robinson as naturalized players. No "AND" possible here ;) (And dont ask me why, just read the existing rules. If you get your passport after you are 16 = Naturalized - Unless you have someone in FIBA that is doing you a big favour)

Still, top three outing is possible for Pinas. I see China, Iran, Lebanon and Pinas on top of FIBA Asia at the moment. If the games will be in Lebanon or Pinas, these teams have an advantage to win it all as always with the hosts.

all_about
09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Yes ,in Stankovic i will reply ,he will kick some asses as he kicked them before !!
also to mention ,we kicked your's without him in Jone Cup with a big margin

I'm telling you this in Stankovic we will defeat you

yuanqiuchiren
09-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Who are better among all the asia strong NT? 4607
The rank of last three times of ABC from 2007~2011.

budz17
09-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Hi guys. I'm just wondering, what's the date of the 2013 fiba asia championship for men? thanks.

mabuhay_pilipinas
09-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Hi guys. I'm just wondering, what's the date of the 2013 fiba asia championship for men? thanks.

still no date and still no venue.... hopefully it'd be in the Philippines.. :)

rocketstar47
09-08-2012, 11:47 AM
My Predicition for the 2013 FIBA ASIA CHAMPIONSHIPS

1ST-CHINA
2ND-IRAN
3RD-SOUTH KOREA

jolz
09-18-2012, 03:38 AM
I'm telling you this in Stankovic we will defeat you

we did defeat the Lebanese. :)
it was a good game, Fadi El Khatib still has it.

El Khatib has established a good friendship with some of our past NT players (Jimmy Alapag is one of them) :)

JAMSKIE
09-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Congrats to Lebanon for winning the hosting rights of next year's FIBA-Asia Men's Championship!

In as much as we Filipinos also wanted to host the tournament, I believe Lebanon deserve to host the tournament. In fact, Lebanon should have been the host last year.

In fact I was thinking that had Lebanon hosted the tournament last year, then most likely the Philippines may have been awarded the hosting right for next year's tournament.

Khalid80
09-19-2012, 12:43 PM
So apparently Lebanon will get to host the 2013 FIBA Asian Championship :)! Congrats! I was quite surprised to be honest but i'm happy with the decision... Hope we prepare hard to give the best picture ever in hosting such a event and I also hope that there won't be any problems in the region during that time.

macan77
09-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Congrats to Lebanon for winning the hosting rights of next year's FIBA-Asia Men's Championship!

In as much as we Filipinos also wanted to host the tournament, I believe Lebanon deserve to host the tournament. In fact, Lebanon should have been the host last year.

In fact I was thinking that had Lebanon hosted the tournament last year, then most likely the Philippines may have been awarded the hosting right for next year's tournament.

Yeah, they deserved to host the 2010 asia cup, this year's champions cup, and next year's championships..but us don't deserve a shiit..by the way, they were supposed to have hosted last year but they were not ready or for any reason was cancelled..tsk..fack fiba..nothing against lebanon from this end..its all about fackin fiba..and corrupt officials..

SirTye
09-19-2012, 01:18 PM
The decision on who will host the 2013 FIBA Asian championship is disgusting. A farce and dirty politics surrounding FIBA Asia board. :mad:

nardy
09-19-2012, 01:36 PM
After taking a look..?? What now..??

Well Congratulations to Lebanon!

Again Fadi El-Khatib delivered big for your country.

Fadi alone made the host pitch for Lebanon and he got the required votes.

You have a great player there.

Good Luck to the hosting. In all honesty if there's a host country that plays fair in basketball, its Lebanon. So I know there will be no home cooking and all teams will have a fair chance.

sickcurtain_16
09-19-2012, 01:37 PM
So apparently Lebanon will get to host the 2013 FIBA Asian Championship :)! Congrats! I was quite surprised to be honest but i'm happy with the decision... Hope we prepare hard to give the best picture ever in hosting such a event and I also hope that there won't be any problems in the region during that time.
Congratulations to your country, Khalid. If some of us here gets to go there, hope you can be our host. :)

MaNaNaBaS
09-19-2012, 01:44 PM
To all lebanese friend,what is the time difference BETWEEN beirut and in manila,anyone.pls.?

kaiziken_pinas
09-19-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm honestly devastated by the decision (I had plans to go to Manila next year, sayang!), nevertheless I'm happy for you guys. Congrats!

Khalid80
09-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Congratulations to your country, Khalid. If some of us here gets to go there, hope you can be our host. :)

Thanks a lot for your kind words pare :) I hope I can be your host if I am going to be there.

To all lebanese friend,what is the time difference BETWEEN beirut and in manila,anyone.pls.?

There's a 5 hr difference pare between the time in Lebanon and in Philippines.... so right now it's 5:00 p.m in Lebanon and I believe it's 10 p.m accordingly in Philippines

heart21
09-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Congratulations to Lebanon for winning to host the fiba asia 2013 for the first time.

Lester Bo McCalebb
09-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks a lot for your kind words pare :) I hope I can be your host if I am going to be there.

There's a 5 hr difference pare between the time in Lebanon and in Philippines.... so right now it's 5:00 p.m in Lebanon and I believe it's 10 p.m accordingly in Philippines
Congratulation to Lebanon. This is what Lebanon deserve.

gazara
09-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Congrats To My Country we Deserve it !!!

THANK U FADI EL KHATIB !!

gazara
09-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Apparently these Stadiums in Lebanon can Host such a big Event (FIBA ASIA 2013) :

1-Pierre Gemayel Close Door Stadium-Beirut (6000 Seats) [10 Min from From Rafic Hariri Beirut Int. Airport to the Stadium]

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/60324_148229238545675_5048868_n.jpg

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/63837_148687771833155_2720854_n.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------

2-Saeb Salam Manara Riyadi Beirut Home Stadium-Manara Beirut (3500 Seats) [20 Min From Rafic Hariri Beirut Int. Airport to the Stadium]

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/394510_10151014430206097_524752363_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/536022_10150730207006097_13419361_n.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

3-Michel Murr Stadium-Beirut Geant (3500 Seats) [ 35 Min From Rafic Hariri Beirut Int. Airport to the Stadium]

http://img3.beirut.com/GetImage3/mainpicture/locale/16950/490x368

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381589_274578219244109_1554662321_n.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

4-Dik El Mehde Champville Home Court Stadium -Dik El Mehde El Metn (5000 Seats) [50 Min From Rafic Hariri Beirut Int. Airport to the Stadium]

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429161_10151380957180436_1163182092_n.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

5-Ghazir Sagesse Home Stadium-Ghazir (5000 Seats) [70 Min From Rafic Hariri Beirut Int. Airport to the Stadium]

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/281286_230070770361521_2122674_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/262988_3922710469669_719524655_n.jpg

Buran
09-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Congratulations to Lebanon!
I'm sure Basketball fans in Lebanon are happy and super excited with this news.

do any of you guys know why only Lebanon and Philippines presented their bid and Iran didn't?

"after reviewing a presentation made by representatives of two out of three bidders for FIBA Asia’s marquee event – Lebanon and Philippines. Iran were the third bidder."
http://www.fibaasia.net/NewsDetails.aspx?id=2656

yuanqiuchiren
09-20-2012, 03:05 AM
Congratulations to Lebanon!

MaNaNaBaS
09-20-2012, 03:18 AM
thanks a lot for your kind words pare :) i hope i can be your host if i am going to be there.

There's a 5 hr difference pare between the time in lebanon and in philippines.... So right now it's 5:00 p.m in lebanon and i believe it's 10 p.m accordingly in philippines

thanks khalid for the confirmation.congratulation to your country,even though its painful to us not to host the event, im glad lebanon win the bidding right. I know like us,filipino, lebanese is proud with their basketball culture and knowing that i know the game will be exciting and fair.hope we both win the top 3 slots... Again congratulation and i know our time will come someday and i think its very soon.

DaveMap2007
09-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Is the Philippine considering to transfer in the FIBA Oceania group..as FIBA Asia is run by dirty politics middle eastern style...

Hosting of 2013 FIBA ASIA was won by basketball players wearing casual dress against the Philippines Top basketball officials, PBA Top Officials and a Audio visual presentation.

3500 seats School type GYMs

against 20000 seats NBA standard COLISEUM complete with Daktronic Scoreboard, LED ribbon board

Any way congrats to LEBANON..politics really win

francesces
09-20-2012, 11:29 AM
to be honest , im lebanese and i think that Philippine should host the championish in their country, they deserve more than us , and plus the basketball Filippo is back and our basket is going down .

DaveMap2007
09-21-2012, 03:56 AM
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/262988_3922710469669_719524655_n.jpg

well the Lebanon Gyms beat this NBA standard 20,000 seat Coliseum (With Daktronic Media Center Display and LED ribbon board)

Anyway congrats to Lebanon

Khalid80
09-21-2012, 06:23 AM
well the Lebanon Gyms beat this NBA standard 20,000 seat Coliseum (With Daktronic Media Center Display and LED ribbon board)

Anyway congrats to Lebanon

It's unfair to compare the gyms in Lebanon to those in Philippines.
Total population of Philippines is approx. 93 million while in Lebanon we're closer to 4 million.

Grr_tiger
09-21-2012, 06:43 AM
I have a question to our Lebanese friends.

How do you view FIBA Asia Secretary General Hagop Khajirian as a leader?

Does he have a good accomplishments?

Grr_tiger
09-21-2012, 06:58 AM
to be honest , im lebanese and i think that Philippine should host the championish in their country, they deserve more than us , and plus the basketball Filippo is back and our basket is going down .

It's alright for us to lose, as long as we lose fairly without dirty politics involved.

The only problem was that the Lebanon representatives during the FIBA meeting did not come well-prepared, were very informal with their presentation, and did not show substantial reasons to be deserving such hosting rights.

It seemed like the FIBA officials have already decided who should be the hosts before the meeting started, which is very unfair for any bidder, not just the Philippines.

DaveMap2007
09-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Total population of Philippines is approx. 93 million while in Lebanon we're closer to 4 million.

sorry khalid for comparing...the politics got too much for me...i may need to go for a seafood restaurant today to forget what happen.

anyways congratz to Lebanon.

Khalid80
09-21-2012, 07:18 AM
sorry khalid for comparing...the politics got too much for me...i may need to go for a seafood restaurant today to forget what happen.

anyways congratz to Lebanon.

It's ok pare. No hard feelings.

OT: I remember going to the officers' club in Abu Dhabi and they used to have an amazing open (all you can eat) seafood buffet every Monday (It used to cost 165 AED / person).
Off course you could also go to any of the Golden Fork restaurant chains as their prices are much more reasonable.

SupaRuki
09-21-2012, 07:41 AM

but still, you have to at least admit pareng khalid that the Philippines deserve it by virtue of superior presentation, representation, facility and preparation right?
What befuddles me beyond belief is how Lebanon pulled it off (no disrespect intended) despite these factors. If anyone can convince us that there is no foulplay here then this decision would have been acceptable, unfortunately there is no reason not to believe otherwise.

Then again congrats to our lebanese colleagues for this victory, regardless of what happened. I just hope that Asian hoops fans are well aware of the politics working behind the scenes here ruining our beloved sport, hopefully next time your country wont be in the receiving end of the boot.

Khalid80
09-21-2012, 08:08 AM
but still, you have to at least admit pareng khalid that the Philippines deserve it by virtue of superior presentation, representation, facility and preparation right?
What befuddles me beyond belief is how Lebanon pulled it off (no disrespect intended) despite these factors. If anyone can convince us that there is no foulplay here then this decision would have been acceptable, unfortunately there is no reason not to believe otherwise.

Then again congrats to our lebanese colleagues for this victory, regardless of what happened. I just hope that Asian hoops fans are well aware of the politics working behind the scenes here ruining our beloved sport, hopefully next time your country wont be in the receiving end of the boot.

I'm sure that the Philippines has much better facilities than those available in Lebanon. I don't know about the presentation and representation as I didn't know what happened behind closed doors in those meetings but everyone is saying is that Fadi El Khatib did a great job from his part and was a great spokesman.

I do honestly think that FIBA Asia is making it up for Lebanon after we were supposed to host the last Asian Championship before it was taken away from us and given to China because they thought Lebanon didn't have the appropriate infrastructure to host such ane event and due to the problems that were occuring in the Middle East.
But what I can tell you is that even though Lebanon was awarded the rights to host the next Asian Championship I wouldn't be surprised if they take that right away from us again and give the rights to the Philippines to host the event as the situation in the Middle East is always unpredictable...

budz17
09-21-2012, 04:58 PM
from the philippines point of view, what really hurts is being led to believe that we had a chance to host it when in fact, they already decided in the beginning.

here are two articles on what happened.

http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticle.aspx?articleId=851267&publicationSubCategoryId=69

http://www.philstar.com/thedeanscorner/articlescontent.aspx?articleid=851600&publicationsubcategoryid=69

babdelkader
09-21-2012, 07:41 PM
from the philippines point of view, what really hurts is being led to believe that we had a chance to host it when in fact, they already decided in the beginning.

here are two articles on what happened.

http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticle.aspx?articleId=851267&publicationSubCategoryId=69

http://www.philstar.com/thedeanscorner/articlescontent.aspx?articleid=851600&publicationsubcategoryid=69

YOU're right man, and I think Lebanon is not prepared for such event, but at the end I believe Philippines will host the AFC, maybe next one.
at the end, hope that Lebanese sport ministre does something about the federation and the terrible NT results.

ariel_muhlach
09-21-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm sure that the Philippines has much better facilities than those available in Lebanon. I don't know about the presentation and representation as I didn't know what happened behind closed doors in those meetings but everyone is saying is that Fadi El Khatib did a great job from his part and was a great spokesman.

I do honestly think that FIBA Asia is making it up for Lebanon after we were supposed to host the last Asian Championship before it was taken away from us and given to China because they thought Lebanon didn't have the appropriate infrastructure to host such ane event and due to the problems that were occuring in the Middle East.
But what I can tell you is that even though Lebanon was awarded the rights to host the next Asian Championship I wouldn't be surprised if they take that right away from us again and give the rights to the Philippines to host the event as the situation in the Middle East is always unpredictable...

well there's a wider picture actually ..... look outside the box. Give it to Lebanon which is most likely will not be ready. The Philippines still peeved and with its pride will reject being the spare. So think on who will come in and rescue FIBA Asia by saying they're always ready to be the host.

ariel_muhlach
09-21-2012, 07:50 PM

I think there is something amiss ..... Khalid are there any joyous announcements from Lebanese News regarding Lebanon becoming the host like when Beirut was initially awarded the 2011 FIBA Asia Championship.

Fadi is not also giving any interviews on the matter, why have no one here posted about an announcement from the Lebanese Federation.

Why is our friend Danni unusually silent about the matter.

macan77
09-22-2012, 12:48 AM

don't worry khalid, its not lebanon's fault this things happen..its fiba asia and hagop for taking philippines to a ride..giving us false hope that everything is fair and square but it was indeed already given to lebanon even the bidding started..its been months since our officials prepared the presentation, thousand of dollars have been spent to have a good presentation..the consolation is that, the presentation was the best among the bidders. but that's the painful part..

by the way, even if you say that hagop is the most hated lebanese among lebanese in basketball perspective, but still, you should give the guy a props for looking into your welfare at least in this instance..i don't know which comes first, his hate on us or his being a lebanese that this things happened..

seigle42
09-23-2012, 01:51 AM
i don't care if bidding host has cheated. i don't care.

i don't care about the dirty politics by fiba-asia officials.

even we won the bid we'll lost the championship.

babdelkader
09-23-2012, 10:55 AM
I think there is something amiss ..... Khalid are there any joyous announcements from Lebanese News regarding Lebanon becoming the host like when Beirut was initially awarded the 2011 FIBA Asia Championship.

Fadi is not also giving any interviews on the matter, why have no one here posted about an announcement from the Lebanese Federation.

Why is our friend Danni unusually silent about the matter.

hi man, as I said before, we are shocked, by our NT fail, waiting any god news about federation elections and NT change.
it's not a good time to talk about hosting a cup when you have an NT uncapable to give a good image about the Lebanese Basketball.
at the end we believe that fiba-asia make it up for Lebanon as the last cup was to be held in Lebanon before givin it to China,
but we are ok with you, Philippines have better infrastructure, better facilities, it's not a secret, neither we can deny it.
but I think it's a sort of make up.
I believe Philippines is going to held such event soon, but all what we point to now is the NT fail 2 years ago.
Dani is talking about that also: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Basketball/2012/Sep-22/188811-what-went-wrong-for-the-cedars-in-tokyo.ashx#axzz27EtvuL2d

babdelkader
09-23-2012, 10:58 AM
don't worry khalid, its not lebanon's fault this things happen..its fiba asia and hagop for taking philippines to a ride..giving us false hope that everything is fair and square but it was indeed already given to lebanon even the bidding started..its been months since our officials prepared the presentation, thousand of dollars have been spent to have a good presentation..the consolation is that, the presentation was the best among the bidders. but that's the painful part..

by the way, even if you say that hagop is the most hated lebanese among lebanese in basketball perspective, but still, you should give the guy a props for looking into your welfare at least in this instance..i don't know which comes first, his hate on us or his being a lebanese that this things happened..

for us man, as we have a bad results 2 years ago, the main preoccupation is to fix the Nt, NOT TO HELD an AFC which we can not win!!!
that's why we are not happy to held such competition in the actual NT situation, which predicts a big failure for us!

Jared03
09-23-2012, 03:21 PM

i also don't care about your grammar

kaiziken_pinas
09-24-2012, 01:14 AM

and no one cares what you think.

zuma169
09-25-2012, 07:31 AM

khalid, i have an honest to goodness question.. last year it was supposed to be in Beirut but was stripped because of not being prepared..

so what is the difference now compared to last year that makes FIBA Asia think Beirut is now more prepared than ever?

Khalid80
09-25-2012, 09:04 AM
khalid, i have an honest to goodness question.. last year it was supposed to be in Beirut but was stripped because of not being prepared..

so what is the difference now compared to last year that makes FIBA Asia think Beirut is now more prepared than ever?

There is no difference... Actually the overall situation might even be worse (security wise speaking) this year than last year :p. I think they just want to give Beirut another chance to host this event. And what is even worse is that I don't think our current federation can successfully be able to host this event... Imagine if they couldn't be able to provide the necessary needs and requirements for the Lebanese NT (in terms of budget, good foreign coach, training camps for the NT, etc..) then how will they be able to host such an event as the Asian Championships?

So for me if we are unable to change this current $hitty basketball federation of ours (through new elections) I believe we won't be able to successfully host the Asian Championships and there is a good chance we might even withdraw from hosting the event (of course this is just my opinion which is based on what i'm noticing from this useless federation of ours).

F-15Eagle
09-25-2012, 11:08 AM
well there's a wider picture actually ..... look outside the box. Give it to Lebanon which is most likely will not be ready. The Philippines still peeved and with its pride will reject being the spare. So think on who will come in and rescue FIBA Asia by saying they're always ready to be the host.

My thought exactly. But the world is run by "moolah" my friend. and the middle kingdom have too much of it.. :D:D. Just too bad for us:cool:

F-15Eagle
09-25-2012, 11:20 AM
There is no difference... Actually the overall situation might even be worse (security wise speaking) this year than last year :p. I think they just want to give Beirut another chance to host this event. And what is even worse is that I don't think our current federation can successfully be able to host this event... Imagine if they couldn't be able to provide the necessary needs and requirements for the Lebanese NT (in terms of budget, good foreign coach, training camps for the NT, etc..) then how will they be able to host such an event as the Asian Championships?

So for me if we are unable to change this current $hitty basketball federation of ours (through new elections) I believe we won't be able to successfully host the Asian Championships and there is a good chance we might even withdraw from hosting the event (of course this is just my opinion which is based on what i'm noticing from this useless federation of ours).

....and then FIBA Asia in its infinite wisdom
FIBA ASIA: (to PHils) hey guess what you will get your wish after all, you're going to be the host
SBP: oh no we dont have much time left to prapare....(what we really want to say is go F! yourself, you could have just given us the hosting rights right away but no, you have to give it to Lebanon fully aware of the security issue in the area)
FIBA ASIA: (smirking) oh thats too bad..now who will rescue the ASia championship oh no! (feigns panic and act like worried)
Chin dynasty: hey we will help you, were willing to be heroes (for the nth time)....(and they have a prepared venue and organized staffs and volunteers long before Lebanon withdrew

lol

jolz
09-26-2012, 06:15 AM
i also don't care about your grammar

LMAO we don't care about you either seigle42

jolz
09-28-2012, 06:53 AM
this made me laugh

....and then FIBA Asia in its infinite wisdom
FIBA ASIA: (to PHils) hey guess what you will get your wish after all, you're going to be the host
SBP: oh no we dont have much time left to prapare....(what we really want to say is go F! yourself, you could have just given us the hosting rights right away but no, you have to give it to Lebanon fully aware of the security issue in the area)
FIBA ASIA: (smirking) oh thats too bad..now who will rescue the ASia championship oh no! (feigns panic and act like worried)
Chin dynasty: hey we will help you, were willing to be heroes (for the nth time)....(and they have a prepared venue and organized staffs and volunteers long before Lebanon withdrew

lol

tmlouk
10-22-2012, 08:59 AM
No chances for FIBA ASIA Championchips 2013 in Lebanon.

No matter if this current situation continues or not, i don`t believe that all participation would send their National Teams in this dangerous part of Asia.

jundakki
10-24-2012, 03:52 PM
In another twist, PBA said that it might not send its players to FIBA Asia Championships if turmoil persists in Lebanon.

http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticle.aspx?articleId=862956&publicationSubCategoryId=200&keyword=

JAMSKIE
10-25-2012, 05:21 AM
So what the hell Hagop Kharijian is waiting for? A decision has to be made & under the circumstances, Lebanon is not fit to host next year's tournament.

What would convince Hagop to stripped Lebanon of it's hosting right for net year?

Is Hagop waiting that a nuclear bomb explodes in Beirut before he decides to strip Lebanon of it's hosting right?

rocketstar47
10-25-2012, 05:52 AM
Philippines has a big chance of hosting it!

Khalid80
10-25-2012, 08:28 AM
So what the hell Hagop Kharijian is waiting for? A decision has to be made & under the circumstances, Lebanon is not fit to host next year's tournament.

What would convince Hagop to stripped Lebanon of it's hosting right for net year?

Is Hagop waiting that a nuclear bomb explodes in Beirut before he decides to strip Lebanon of it's hosting right?

Don't worry I can guarantee you 100% that the Asian Championship will not take place in Lebanon next year... I think now FIBA Asia is trying first of all to decide on whether to have the FIBA Asia Club Championship final between Riyadi-Mahram or not... Once that issue is solved I think the new country that will host the Asian Championship will be announced... And Hagop is already facing problems from inside FIBA Asia as president of Iranian basketball Mahmoud Mashhoon also happens to be the Associate Secretary General and he is not on good terms at all right now with Hagop... If you ask me I believe a new FIBA Asia board needs to be selected as the current one sucks big time and only seems to be taking wrong decisions after the insisted that Riyadi host the Asian Championship while Riyadi kept requesting that the Championship to be moved else where due to the unstable situation....

JAMSKIE
10-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Don't worry I can guarantee you 100% that the Asian Championship will not take place in Lebanon next year... I think now FIBA Asia is trying first of all to decide on whether to have the FIBA Asia Club Championship final between Riyadi-Mahram or not... Once that issue is solved I think the new country that will host the Asian Championship will be announced... And Hagop is already facing problems from inside FIBA Asia as president of Iranian basketball Mahmoud Mashhoon also happens to be the Associate Secretary General and he is not on good terms at all right now with Hagop... If you ask me I believe a new FIBA Asia board needs to be selected as the current one sucks big time and only seems to be taking wrong decisions after the insisted that Riyadi host the Asian Championship while Riyadi kept requesting that the Championship to be moved else where due to the unstable situation....

Even if Lebanon would not host, there's no guarantee that Philippines will host. As you see, our basketball officials & FIBA-Asia has an understanding that in case Lebanon isn't fit to host (for whatever reasons), the Philippines will get an outright hosting right. However, our basketball officials set a deadline for FIBA-Asia to declare the Philippines as the host in case Lebanon is stripped of the hosting right. The deadline is November 30, 2012. If FIBA-Asia decides to stripped Lebanon of it's hosting right beyond that deadline, then Philippines is out of the picture.

We Filipinos now suspect that Hagop might deliberately make the decision beyond the deadline so that China again will host the event, as what happened in the 2011 FIBA-Asia Men's Championship. We are sick & tired of China as host. They have hosted the tournament countless of times already. China always ends up as the host. On the other hand, the last time the Philippines hosted the tournament was 40 years ago. And to think that basketball is very very popular in the Philippines.

If not for the violence, I would rather want Lebanon as the host than China. I'm sick & tired of the Chinese hosting the event. As if they are the only ones capable of hosting.

BTW, thanks for the info my friend. I hope you are not affected by the trouble there in your country. I hope all the trouble will end very soon. Regards

swish#20
10-26-2012, 04:20 AM
FIBA-ASIA should honor the condition they given to the Philippines that if Lebanon cannot make it, the Philippines get the hosting rights. Lebanon, i know they are ardent supporters of their NT as well, but in view of the recent Beirut bombing/ high-profile assasination of a Brig. General, is not suited to host the games. Not today or next month or next year because the recent incident will haunt the respective delegations. We might see teams pulling out of the competition including our country and that would be a real shame.

Now i think the Philippines has issued an ultimatum of sorts to Fiba Asia because 2 of our world-class venues that would be tapped for the games- the MOA Arena and the Araneta Coliseum (seating capacities of more or less 15,000) have tight schedules to follow coz its also used as venues for concerts/entertainment both local and foreign acts.

If the Philippines won't get the hosting rights by November 30, then i think a re-bidding will come in, and thats when RED TAPE comes in as well.

adrax
11-01-2012, 02:08 PM
@NoliEala

Just received an email from a source that inadvertently hinted that the Philippines will be host of FIBA Asia Championships 2013.

ariel_muhlach
11-27-2012, 06:29 AM
http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/scheduling-conflict-threatens-to-wreck-smart-gilas-buildup-for-asian-championships

"A Fiba circular received by Reyes on Monday has scheduled the Asian championships for August 1-11 in Lebanon, meaning the qualifying tournament for the 2014 world championships will begin just three days after the scheduled Game Seven of the PBA Finals."

rocketstar47
12-13-2012, 12:46 AM
So if it happens in Lebanon how many venues will be used?

Any updates for the other national teams?

Mark Angelo Bodino Mañez
01-06-2013, 01:24 PM

hmmmmmmmmm, it wouldn't be surprising if the philippines will get the hosting rights for this prestigious tournament.... after all china and japan hosted it 5x, same with malaysia and thailand (3x)... then, if the philippines gets the hosting rights, it will be history.

not only that, if ever, we will be celebrating the 40th year since we last hosted it (in 1973, and eventually winning it... using an all-filipino line-up).

Mark Angelo Bodino Mañez
01-06-2013, 02:35 PM

===

My Logistical Analysis Using Metro Manila's 2 Major Venues plus the Ninoy Aquino Stadium as practice Venue:

Just a fact:

Di ba, sinabi na rin ng ating mga SBP officials na sobrang layo ng mga hotel sa LEBANON just to reach their playing venues? Ilang oras? Maximum na ang 2 hours... WRONG CHOICE....

PERO:

Kung sa atin lang ginanap ang 2013 FIBA Asia Championships, eto ang approximate time (maximum) from the main playing venues (MOA Arena and Ninoy Aquino Stadium):

To Mall Of Asia Arena [seating capacity: 16,000 to 20,000] [main playing venue] [accessible within 10 -17 minutes]:
from Century Park Hotel (for the National Teams):
via Roxas Blvd.: 4.6 kms in 10 minutes [sapat lang]
via F.B. Harrison St.: 4.7 kms also in 10 minutes [may kalayuan]
via Jose Diokno Blvd.: 4.3 kms in 10 minutes [most convenient]

from Sofitel Phil. Plaza (FIBA dignitaries) :
via EDSA: 4.7 kms in 10 minutes [most convenient]
via EDSA via Tramo: 4.8 kms in 10 minutes [okay lang]
via EDSA via Taft Ave.: 5.1 kms in 11 minutes [okay lang din, pero hassle...]

from Bayleaf Hotel Intramuros, Manila (FIBA referees and commissioners):
via Roxas Blvd.: 9.2 kms in 15 minutes [best choice]
via Taft Ave.: 9.8 kms in 17 minutes [alternate route]

To SMART Araneta Coliseum [seating capacity: 15,000 – 22,000+] [2nd laying venue] [accessible within 22 – 26 minutes]:
via EDSA (passing SLEX): 16.2 kms. [best possible route]
via N. Domingo St., San Juan City: 12.5 kms. [It’s passable, but need to watch out for narrow streets]
via Pres. Quirino Ave., Manila and N. Domingo St., San Juan City: 11.4 kms. [Only for last resort]

from Sofitel Phil. Plaza (FIBA dignitaries):
via EDSA (passing SLEX): 15.4 kms.
via N. Domingo St., San Juan City: 13.6 kms.
via Taft Ave., Manila and N. Domingo St., San Juan City: 12.5 kms.

via Aurora Boulevard: 11.1 kms. [Shortest way to get there]
via N. Domingo St., San Juan City: 11.4 kms. [It’s passable, but need to watch out for narrow streets]
via E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, Quezon City: 11.2 kms. [2nd Fastest way to get there]

To Ninoy Aquino Stadium [seating capacity: 5,000 – 6,000] [practice court and 3rd playing venue]:
from Century Park Hotel (for the players) [pwede rin itong lakarin, kung trip nila...]:
via M. Adriatico St.: 0.9 kms in 3 minutes
via A. Mabini St.: 1.4 kms in 3 minutes [umikot lang...]
or pwede nila itong lakarin, it will take 9 minutes nga lang....

from Sofitel Phil. Plaza (FIBA dignitaries):
via Taft Ave.: 2.7 kms in 7 minutes [best route]
via Taylo St. and Taft Ave.: 2.9 kms in 8 minutes [gigitgit nga lang]
via Donada St.: 2.5 kms in 8 minutes [same with above]

via Taft Ave.: 4.3 kms in 10 minutes [best possible route]
Via Roxas Blvd.: 5.6 kms in 11 minutes [alternative route]

ngayon dapat mag-isip-isip ang Executive Committee ng FIBA Asia sa kanilang pasiyang piliin ang LEBANON kaysa sa PILIPINAS...

yung mga oras na naka-indicate dito, depende na lang sa bigat ng daloy ng trapiko (at kung gaano katagal) mula sa kanilang mga tinutuluyan hanggang sa mga playing venues....

Mark Angelo Bodino Mañez
01-06-2013, 03:14 PM
most of us know about the situations abroad through the internet, i haven't heard something about Lebanon in the news for a few years already, the last time i heard something about your country was during a conflict between Lebanon and Israel..that was long ago.... please don't blame our media, they have clean record on delivering enough and exact news INTERNATIONALLY!!! ...i am a student journalist (spec. editorial and feature writer in Filipino) and i know how high the level of journalism is in our country... watch your words!!

right on target... i'm also a former student journalist (now, upcoming HS journalism adviser). and i have been reading news about the mid-east conflict these days... this one will affect the hosting rights of LEBANON if ever another conflict occurs....

by the way, i'm a sports writer (in english since elementary)

all_about
01-07-2013, 12:11 AM
The biggest title contender for the crown is China. The next teams likely to pose a serious challenge are Iran, Lebanon and Philippines. Watch out for Jordan, S. Korea and Japan they are ready to cut the throats of the unbelievers. Qatar with a decimated roster is an underdog looking for an upset.

kerouac82
01-07-2013, 01:26 PM
My Logistical Analysis Using Metro Manila's 2 Major Venues plus the Ninoy Aquino Stadium as practice Venue:

Just a fact:

Di ba, sinabi na rin ng ating mga SBP officials na sobrang layo ng mga hotel sa LEBANON just to reach their playing venues? Ilang oras? Maximum na ang 2 hours... WRONG CHOICE....

To SMART Araneta Coliseum [seating capacity: 15,000 – 22,000+] [2nd laying venue] [accessible within 22 – 26 minutes]:
via EDSA (passing SLEX): 16.2 kms. [best possible route]
via N. Domingo St., San Juan City: 12.5 kms. [It’s passable, but need to watch out for narrow streets]
via Pres. Quirino Ave., Manila and N. Domingo St., San Juan City: 11.4 kms. [Only for last resort]

ngayon dapat mag-isip-isip ang Executive Committee ng FIBA Asia sa kanilang pasiyang piliin ang LEBANON kaysa sa PILIPINAS...

yung mga oras na naka-indicate dito, depende na lang sa bigat ng daloy ng trapiko (at kung gaano katagal) mula sa kanilang mga tinutuluyan hanggang sa mga playing venues....

Welcome to the forums, Mark. I'd just like to remind you that this is an international forum, and that you need to post using English. Thanks. :)

That being said, if games are to be played at Smart-Araneta, players and dignitaries do not need to stay at the Century Park. There are at least four decent hotels within a six-kilometer radius of Cubao: Eastwood Richmonde (5 km if passing through C-5 then P. Tuazon), Crowne Plaza Manila and Holiday Inn Galleria Suites in Ortigas (4.5 km via EDSA), EDSA Shangri-La (5.6 km via EDSA and Shaw), and the Oakwood Premier in Ortigas (4.6 km). Travel time should not take more than 30 minutes, even with moderate traffic.

Suitable practice venues are the Moro Lorenzo and Blue Eagle gyms in Katipunan, the Arena at San Juan, Ynares Sports Arena, Philsports Arena, and Club 650. All of them are within 6 km of the Smart-Araneta Coliseum.

Mark Angelo Bodino Mañez
01-10-2013, 10:58 AM
sorry for the language used. i actually made this on one of my Facebook pages and made an extensive logistical analysis of the Philippines' possiblities of hosting this prestigious event. again, my apologies.

OSHAFA
01-10-2013, 12:57 PM
FIBA Asia Championship 2013 Officially moved to Philippines

behzadir
01-10-2013, 01:23 PM
FIBA Asia Championship 2013 Officially moved to Philippines

Good news...but there still isn't an official source,right?

zonglin
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM

http://www.fibaasia.net/NewsDetails.aspx?id=2916

SG 3000
01-10-2013, 01:32 PM
This one also...

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/newsid/54670/arti.html

And here it is...

PHI - 2013 FIBA Asia Championship moved to Philippines

KUALA LUMPUR (FIBA Asia Championship) - The FIBA Asia Executive Committee has decided to move the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship from Beirut, Lebanon to Manila, Philippines in view of the current situation in Lebanon and the rest of West Asia. The event will be played as per the original dates of 1-11 August 2013.

"Unfortunately, the current situation in the region and the on-going civil war in Syria, which has its indirect effect on the countries in the whole of West Asia, especially on Lebanon, creates doubts about the stability that we might not have, at least, till the fixed dates of our event," said FIBA Asia Secretary General Hagop Khajirian explaining the decision.

"In view of these facts, FIBA Asia Executive Committee decided to change the venue of the 27th FIBA Asia Championship from Beirut-Lebanon to Manila-Philippines."

The 2013 FIBA Asia Championship will also act as the qualifying event for the 2014 FIBA World Cup to be played in Spain. The top three teams from the FIBA Asia Championship will earn the right to represent FIBA Asia at the 2014 FIBA World Cup.

Samahang Basketbol NG Pilipinas (SBP), the National Federation of the Philippines had been one of the bidders who made their presentation at the FIBA Asia Executive Committee meeting in September 2012, where it was initially decided to award the hosting rights to Lebanon.

"SBP was still interested in hosting the championship and welcomed the decision of moving it to Manila," Khajirian said.

Philippines last hosted the marquee event for Asian basketball when Manila hosted the 7th edition of the event in 1973.

2013 FIBA Asia calendar finalised
Further, the finalised FIBA Asia calendar of events for 2013 has also been announced.
• 27th FIBA Asia Championship - Manila, Philippines (1-11 August)
• 24th FIBA Asia Champions Cup - Amman, Jordan (13-21 September)
• 3rd FIBA Asia U16 Championship - Tehran, Iran (25 September-4 October)
• 25th FIBA Asia Championship for Women - Bangkok, Thailand (27 October-3 November)
• 3rd FIBA Asia U16 Championship for Women - Colombo, Sri Lanka (18-25 November)

OSHAFA
01-10-2013, 01:43 PM

Consider me as an Official Source ;)

behzadir
01-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Thank you guys for the links & congratulations for getting the honor to host such an important event. Best wishes for your team in the Championship in August.

behzadir
01-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Consider me as an Official Source ;)

You sure are man, thanks!:cool:

rocketstar47
01-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Thank you guys for the links & congratulations for getting the honor to host such an important event. Best wishes for your team in the Championship in August.

Its been very nice to see future legends Samad Baharami, Hamed Haddadi , FadI eL Khatib, Rasheim Wright , Osama Daghles live in action
here in Manila.

I am hoping the Philippines will be back on the world stage. But it is difficult to say we can be on the top three because a lot of strong teams
will play too. GOOD LUCK TO US!

Thegloryball
01-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Its been very nice to see future legends Samad Baharami, Hamed Haddadi , FadI eL Khatib, Rasheim Wright , Osama Daghles live in action
here in Manila

and also the whole chinese taipei team lols :D

Mark Angelo Bodino Mañez
01-11-2013, 06:09 AM
You sure are man, thanks!:cool:

thanks also, in behalf of the Filipino Basketball community! Iran, Jordan and almost all the teams in Asia want the Philippines to host this event.... And now the dream has been completed, we are already welcoming you to our HOME...... THE PHILIPPINES!

Servinio
01-11-2013, 06:35 AM
UNDEFEATED AT HOME

http://servssports.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/loyzagajaworski.jpg?w=300&h=225 (http://servssports.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/undefeated-at-home/)

AFTER a successful hosting of the Seventh Southeast Asian Basketball Association (SEABA) Women’s Championship, the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) is bidding to stage the 26th FIBA-Asia Men’s Championship next year. If ever, this will the third time the event will be staged in the venue of its birth in 1960 as the Asian Basketball Confederation (ABC) Men’s Championship. The second and last time the country hosted the biennial event was way back in 1973. READ MORE (http://servssports.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/undefeated-at-home/).

Note: This was written in 2010.

babdelkader
01-11-2013, 08:48 AM
thanks also, in behalf of the Filipino Basketball community! Iran, Jordan and almost all the teams in Asia want the Philippines to host this event.... And now the dream has been completed, we are already welcoming you to our HOME...... THE PHILIPPINES!

Don't forget Lebanon man !!
we also were sure that it would be placed to Manilla. It was not logic that Beirut hosts this championchip in such situation.
Congratulations for you :) , second time Lebanon loses this champ hosting !!

babdelkader
01-11-2013, 08:57 AM

you're so happy behzadir :) as for you it makes a difference :)

behzadir
01-11-2013, 12:03 PM

Indeed i'm quite happy, as i guess most basketball fans are. Lebanon is a great country to host basketball events if you look at their fanbase and passion towards the game but the security level is just not at the needed level to have games there. Good luck next time.

It does make a difference, some games are probably gonna be early in the morning so I gotta get up to watch them,main difference!;)

mavrick_h
01-11-2013, 01:09 PM
here in Manila.

Most probably he's not gonna be there.

& for those whom are saying Lebanon lost this because of security reasons, it's not even close.
The FLB has been fighting since three months and the issue isn't resolved yet so it's members focus on preparing for AC 2013. That's all !
Fiba secretary general Khatcherian gave them till the end of the year 2012 to respond but they're too busy in cleaning each other out in the office, so congrats to the Philippines !

mavrick_h
01-11-2013, 01:14 PM

He was too scared & now less scared.
They often got screwed when their teams visited our courts ;)

Mark Angelo Bodino Mañez
01-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Don't forget Lebanon man !!
we also were sure that it would be placed to Manilla. It was not logic that Beirut hosts this championchip in such situation.
Congratulations for you :) , second time Lebanon loses this champ hosting !!

sure! everybody is considered a contender.... unless they fall prey from unexpected opponents ahead....

gazara
01-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Who Said That !
Khatib will Play in Asia 2013

nader
01-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Fady el khatib,julien kazzoujand reychan terry all gona play lebanon are the favorites now even in manilla

Mojado
01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Fady el khatib,julien kazzoujand reychan terry all gona play lebanon are the favorites now even in manilla

Either you take Khazzouh or Terry...

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Basketball/2012/Oct-20/192107-khazzouh-the-latest-to-join-sagesse-revolution-signs-six-year-deal.ashx#axzz2Hwqov35t

“[Khazzouh] has now regained Lebanese nationality and the law does not prevent him from playing here."

Lets see if FIBA gives him a bye and lets him play with Terry together.

mavrick_h
01-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Who Said That !
Khatib will Play in Asia 2013

Khatib was gonna play when the championship was assumed to be played in Beirut and only if GS stays...
The first one is gone and the second is in jeopardy.

Do you think he's going to be touring and preparing for a single tournament that we might don't get qualified to WC 2014...
Still, i hope you're right because as much as he's getting older every day we still don't have someone liable enough to replace him.

nader
01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Either you take Khazzouh or Terry...

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Basketball/2012/Oct-20/192107-khazzouh-the-latest-to-join-sagesse-revolution-signs-six-year-deal.ashx#axzz2Hwqov35t

“[Khazzouh] has now regained Lebanese nationality and the law does not prevent him from playing here."

Lets see if FIBA gives him a bye and lets him play with Terry together.

No kazzouh has paper that proves that he is lebanese since birth and he had the nationality since birth and fiba send yesterday a reply to the lebanese federation that kazzouh is ok to play with lebanon so now with kazzouh ,fady,reychan terry,ali mahmoud,rodrigue akel,bassel bawji ,jean abed el nour,and the rising asian star ahmad ibrahim lebanon is back to be one of asia power horses

Mark Angelo Bodino Mañez
01-15-2013, 03:25 PM
http://www.snowbadua.com/2013/01/icon-fernandez-laments-seeming.html

Icon Fernandez laments seeming indifference to playing for flag and country among today's players

Photo credit: Alvin Almiranez

By Snow Badua [spin.ph]
January 13, 2013

MANY-time national player Mon Fernandez on Saturday said he finds it hard to understand the seeming indifference to playing for flag and country among some of today’s generation of players.

“Of course, you get disappointed because it only implies that pride of country is no longer the priority of these guys,” said the cage legend in a phone interview with Spin.ph from Cebu where he is now based.

“It’s their choice, they have reasons. Wala na tayong magagawa, this is a free country,” he added in exasperation.

The cage icon enjoyed a long, successful in the PBA marked by 19 championships and a record four MVP trophies. But the pride of Maasin, Leyte said his best moments in basketball were spent with the national team.

‘El Presidente’ was a stalwart of the last Philippine team to win the Asian championships in Manila in 1973 and consequently earn the right to play in the 1974 world championships in Puerto Rico.

Fernandez’s last stint in the Philippine tri-color came in 1990 with the Robert Jaworski-led all-pro team that bagged the silver medal in the Beijing Asian Games.

“When I started playing, my target then was to play for the Philippine flag. Bakit iba na ang panahon ngayon?” Fernandez lamented.

The PBA legend was certain he would have the same mindset had he been active now.

“Kahit ngayon, ganun ang mindset ko. Iba ang pakiramdam ng ipaglaban mo ang bansa mo,” he said. “Kung pwede nga lang akong lumaro ngayon, baka last year pa ako nage-ensayo.”

startupsold
02-19-2013, 11:57 PM

http://www.fibaasia.net/images/FIBA_Asia_Logo.jpg
Official Website (http://manila2013.fibaasia.net/)
Qualification Games (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?20130-27th-FIBA-Asia-Championship-Qualifier)

Qualification

26th FIBA Asia Championship

The kraken 6'11 270 pounds

startupsold
02-20-2013, 12:00 AM

Greg 7 foot 260 pounds (7'2 wingpsan)

all_about
03-24-2013, 04:11 AM

Interesting pick to include Slaughter. We'll see if it will come true.

athangonzales
03-24-2013, 08:48 AM

Were did you get the info about greg's current weight? link?

rocketstar47
03-24-2013, 02:12 PM
watchout for Arsalan Kazemi!,Ashgar kardoust,Ahmad Ibrahim

mavrick_h
03-24-2013, 04:58 PM
watchout for Arsalan Kazemi!,Ashgar kardoust,Ahmad Ibrahim

Ahmad will miss this one.
Out for 6 months injured.

all_about
04-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Ahmad will miss this one.
Out for 6 months injured.

Will Fadi be playing? that guy is master in fiba asia play.

lebanese phoenix.
04-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Will Fadi be playing? that guy is master in fiba asia play.

he surely will,Fadi usually always rises to the occasion, he never misses such important tournaments.
He will be there, he's our captain.

gazara
04-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Unfortunatly ,Ahmad Ibrahim (201-SF)(LEB) Our Rising Star (20 Years Old) Will miss This Big Event after his Injury and he will be out for 6 Months ,Ahmad was playing this season For Al Riyadi Beirut and scoring 13.2 PPG ,3.11 RBPG ,2.16 ASPG in 23 Mins
Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB) Our Legend and Captain ,for sure he'll be there leading our NT !!
But one more thing Fear one Name !!! He is Julian Khazzouh (211-C)(LEB) !!!

all_about
04-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Unfortunatly ,Ahmad Ibrahim (201-SF)(LEB) Our Rising Star (20 Years Old) Will miss This Big Event after his Injury and he will be out for 6 Months ,Ahmad was playing this season For Al Riyadi Beirut and scoring 13.2 PPG ,3.11 RBPG ,2.16 ASPG in 23 Mins
Fadi El Khatib (199-SF)(LEB) Our Legend and Captain ,for sure he'll be there leading our NT !!
But one more thing Fear one Name !!! He is Julian Khazzouh (211-C)(LEB) !!!

Ibrahim I heard is a prolific scorer there. Maybe the next Khatib for Lebanon.

Did Khazzouh played for Australia u -18 before? Did he donned the Australia jersey and participated in other tournaments ?can you clarify me on this.

lapukman
04-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Ibrahim I heard is a prolific scorer there. Maybe the next Khatib for Lebanon.

Did Khazzouh played for Australia u -18 before? Did he donned the Australia jersey and participated in other tournaments ?can you clarify me on this.

I'm not sure if he played any games though.

http://hosting3.sportingpulse.com/www.basketball.net.au/index.php?id=749

PS: Asa pa tayo na ibulgar nila yan. Trans: Google it.

JAMSKIE
04-25-2013, 03:18 AM
I'm not sure if he played any games though.

http://hosting3.sportingpulse.com/www.basketball.net.au/index.php?id=749

PS: Asa pa tayo na ibulgar nila yan. Trans: Google it.

Khazzouh played just a friendly game for Australia, not an official FIBA-sanctioned tournament. So the "you can only play for 1 country" rule by FIBA will not apply. Now with regards to Khazzouh's possible stint with the Lebanese NT, a No. of Lebanese posters said that Khazzouh has proof that he laid claim of his Lebanese citizenship before he reached the age of 16, so based on that statements, he is eligible to play for Lebanon. It is uncertain however if Khazzouh is willing to play for the Lebanese NT this coming August as he have been mum about the issue.

jolz
05-10-2013, 01:44 AM
he surely will,Fadi usually always rises to the occasion, he never misses such important tournaments.
He will be there, he's our captain.

I love Fadi!!! :)

Cammomile
05-11-2013, 12:04 AM
I love Fadi!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIImtLy1nWQ

all_about
05-11-2013, 11:38 PM
Home Court for the Philippines will be huge in the Fiba Asia championships.

Khalid80
06-03-2013, 07:52 AM
I read that the rankings of the teams for the Asian Championship will be as follows:

First Level: China, Jordan, South Korea, Philppines
Second Level: Iran, Lebanon, Japan, Qatar
Third Level: Chinese Taipei, Kazakhstan, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia
Fourth Level: India, Bahrain, Malaysia, Indonesia

Draw for the groups will take place this Thursday in Manila

gary81
06-04-2013, 04:25 AM
you mean Malaysia and Indonesia have advanced from SEABA?

I read that the rankings of the teams for the Asian Championship will be as follows:

First Level: China, Jordan, South Korea, Philppines
Second Level: Iran, Lebanon, Japan, Qatar
Third Level: Chinese Taipei, Kazakhstan, Hong Kong, Saudi Arabia
Fourth Level: India, Bahrain, Malaysia, Indonesia

Draw for the groups will take place this Thursday in Manila

Khalid80
06-04-2013, 06:46 AM
you mean Malaysia and Indonesia have advanced from SEABA?

I am assuming this is the case since the draw for the groups of the Asian Championship will take place in a couple of days

sinobball
06-04-2013, 07:08 AM
Malaysian Basketball Association official site says 10th SEABA is June/July. Host unknown.
http://www.malaysia-basketball.com/?q=calendar

I don't believe it will be in June. Malaysia NT is still playing in the ASEAN league playoffs under the name "KL Dragons" and it's already June 4th and nothing has been planned.

logbi77
06-04-2013, 09:20 AM
According to this article (http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/06/04/fiba-asia-basketball-championships-saba-qualifiers-men-game-2-afghanistan-78-nepal-20/), the SABA finals will be played later, 6 PM India Time. So I am not sure how accurate the info is for the draw.

lovejones
06-05-2013, 02:07 AM
I am assuming this is the case since the draw for the groups of the Asian Championship will take place in a couple of days

Here's the news in Manila:

FIBA-Asia confirms ‘pure’ draw
By Joaquin Henson (The Philippine Star) | Updated June 5, 2013 - 12:00am
http://www.philstar.com/sports/2013/06/05/950374/fiba-asia-confirms-pure-draw

MANILA, Philippines - It will be a “pure” draw marking the lottery of 15 teams, excluding host Philippines, as the Samahang Basketbol Ng Pilipinas (SBP) hosts the sweepstakes for the FIBA-Asia Championships at the Centennial Ballroom of the Manila Hotel tomorrow afternoon.

Local organizing committee deputy chief executive officer Moying Martelino said yesterday he has received definitive instructions from FIBA-Asia secretary-general Hagop Khajirian of Lebanon to prepare for a “pure” draw, meaning 15 teams will be involved in the selection process of which four groups to join in the elimination round of the tournament scheduled here on Aug. 1-11. A “modified” draw was the practice in previous FIBA-Asia Championships where the top four seeds were picked to head each of the four groups to avoid an early clash of favorites.

Martelino said he has arranged to provide for 15 miniature Molten “mascot” rubber basketballs to represent 15 countries and four other Molten “mascot” basketballs to represent the four groups for the draw. As host country, the Philippines is exempted from the draw and will choose its group with the 13th pick or after 12 teams will have been selected in the four brackets.

“We’ll bring out two boxes marked by the FIBA-Asia Championships logo,” said Martelino. “One box will contain 15 balls for the countries and the other box, four balls for the groups. There will be a hole on top of each box covered by a rubber shield. The person designated to pick out of each box will insert his hand through the rubber shield opening and bring out the ball. We will match the ball drawn from the box of countries with the ball drawn from the box of groups.”

Sonia Trading president Kay Sham and managing director Anil Buxani supplied the Molten “mascot” basketballs for the draw. Sonia Trading is the official distributor of Molten balls in the country. It’s the first time that the FIBA-Asia Championships draw will feature Molten “mascot” basketballs. “We’re honored to be a part of this exciting process,” said Buxani. “FIBA has used Molten basketballs since 1982 and made the revolutionary 12-panel, two-tone model its official basketball in 2004.”

Khajirian said there will be no pre-classification of favored teams. “We’ll have a pure draw for all the 15 teams, keeping the Philippines out of the draw process,” he told Martelino in an e-mail. “No categorizing of the other teams. After having the draw of 12 teams, that is three teams per group, I’ll ask the Philippine representative to choose the group that he or she wants the Philippine national team to be in. Then, we continue the draw to complete the tables. The draw process will proceed by choosing one ball from each bowl or box and placing the drawn country in the drawn group.”

So far, 13 of the 16 teams playing in the FIBA-Asia Championships are known. The South Asia qualifier was determined in the India-Afghanistan game at the Thyagaraj Stadium in New Delhi yesterday. India was expected to win after whipping Nepal, 109-26, in the first eliminator last Sunday. Afghanistan made it to the finals by crushing Nepal, 78-20, the next day. Two tickets are still unsettled in Southeast Asia and Khajirian said for the draw, there will be one ball marked Southeast Asia 1 and another, Southeast Asia 2. Expected to dispute the two slots are Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.
The 13 countries confirmed to play in the 27th edition of the biennial competition are Kazakhstan from Central Asia, South Korea, China, Japan, Hong Kong and Chinese-Taipei from East Asia, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia from the Gulf, Iran, Lebanon and Jordan from West Asia and host Philippines.

SBP executive director Sonny Barrios said so far, representatives from the basketball associations of Bahrain, Qatar and Japan are confirmed to attend the draw which starts at 1:30 p.m. tomorrow. If no representatives from the basketball associations of the other countries attend, Barrios said officials from their embassies will be invited to witness the proceedings.

To be honored as special guests during the draw program are players from the Philippine team that won the FIBA-Asia, then known as the Asian Basketball Confederation, title in Manila in 1973. The players are Ramon Fernandez, Manny Paner, Rosalio (Yoyoy) Martirez and Jimmy Mariano. Also invited are the 1973 team manager Dante Silverio and trainer Juan Cutillas. Caloy Loyzaga, considered the greatest Filipino cager ever, was also invited as a special guest but his son Chito said yesterday the King Bedan may not be able to attend.

With the “pure” draw system, it becomes possible for top favorites to play in the same bracket in the first round of eliminations, creating what is often called the Group of Death. The Philippines will not be affected by this system because of its prerogative to choose 13th in the lottery. After each team plays groupmates once in the preliminaries, the last placer is struck out, leaving 12 survivors who will be reclassified into two groups of six. Teams will carry over their win-loss records into the second round, except for their records against the eliminated teams, and play only contenders not from their original groups. The top four from each group then move on to play in the eight-team crossover knockout quarterfinals with the four winners advancing to play in the knockout semifinals. A battle for third will precede the championship game on the last day of the tournament.

I have scoured the internet and I still can't find any info on when and where the south east asia qualifier will be held.

Khalid80
06-05-2013, 06:05 AM
I have scoured the internet and I still can't find any info on when and where the south east asia qualifier will be held.

Thanks for the correction... I don't know why such information was posted before as I didn't make anything up and I had read them in many sources.

zoman114
06-05-2013, 07:30 AM
AFAIK, SEABA Qualifiers will be in Medan, Indonesia from June 20-23, 2013.

logbi77
06-05-2013, 02:21 PM
http://www.philstar.com/sports/2013/06/05/950495/sbp-relishes-hosting-role-fiba-asia-draw-looms

Two qualifiers from the Southeast Asian sub-zone will fill up the 16-team draw. These will be determined in the 10th SEABA Championship set in Medan, Indonesia on June 20-23.

budz17
06-06-2013, 06:52 AM
FYI guys, here's the draw for this tournament

27th FIBA Asia Championship
Venue: Manila, PHILIPPINES
Date: August 1-11, 2013

GROUP A:
Jordan
Chinese Taipei
Saudi Arabia
Philippines

GROUP B:
Japan
Qatar
Lebanon
Hong Kong

GROUP C:
China
South Korea
Iran
Southeast Asia 2

GROUP D:
Kazakhstan
Southeast Asia 1
India
Bahrain

CKR13
06-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Group C is a tough group. China and Iran are two contenders. As for South Korea, they are facing first round ouster as we speak.

manu_bol
06-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Group C is a tough group. China and Iran are two contenders. As for South Korea, they are facing first round ouster as we speak.

not really. top 3 teams in group stage move on to 2nd round. i think they are in a better position than any team in group A or B

CKR13
06-06-2013, 07:50 AM
not really. top 3 teams in group stage move on to 2nd round. i think they are in a better position than any team in group A or B

Oops, I mislook a SEABA team from Kazakhstan in Group D.

sickcurtain_16
06-06-2013, 09:13 AM
^^Yup, sokor will be a shoo in . For the fourth slot for Group F, I hope any team from SEABA beats kazakhstan on that. Let's see.

lovejones
06-06-2013, 01:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLEP-iUx-1w

budz17
06-06-2013, 03:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLEP-iUx-1w

thanks for this video. if hagop did not change the order of the draw after 9 picks already, the 10th which was kazakhstan would have fallen in group C which would have probably resulted in philippines choosing group D as the remaining teams after that were hongkong, sea1 and sea2.

all_about
06-06-2013, 08:32 PM
August 11, 2013 - the day where a champion will be crowned. Which team will it be?

jundakki
06-08-2013, 08:47 PM
This is the way I see it.... Just my guess.......

all_about
06-10-2013, 01:26 AM
This is the way I see it.... Just my guess.......

See you at the games brother. Bring a large Philippines flag. For the country men.

DarknessFalls
06-10-2013, 06:21 AM
It'll be interesting to see how good the Jordan team will be, especially with naturalized 6'5" Andre Emmett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1XP0OjVpDE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTr9Vk4h2pg

CKR13
06-10-2013, 06:36 AM
If they get him, they'll get plenty of scoring in the wings department. The next challenge will be on how Emmett's level of cohesion will be with his teammates. I wish them well.

mavrick_h
06-12-2013, 09:03 AM
If they get him, they'll get plenty of scoring in the wings department. The next challenge will be on how Emmett's level of cohesion will be with his teammates. I wish them well.

Emmett is a huge scorer he can score 40+ pts each game, but even though he scores big points every time his team(s) fail(s) to win. He can't handle the pressure during the important minutes of the game. I would pick someone who scores less and provides more to the team over him. Anyway good luck to Jordan.

DavidPCamarena
06-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Tournament without Phillipines. The format is only round-robin? Or will be there a final after the round-robin stage?
Top contenders for the 2 last tickets to Manila: Indonesia and Malaysia.

Kings
06-23-2013, 09:22 PM
http://www.fibaasia.net/UserFiles/FNA2013623111210.JPG

JGX
06-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Those are some impressively unbalanced groups. Guess it doesn't matter so much with three teams advancing from each.

logbi77
06-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Game schedule Preliminary Round via Manila2013 FIBA (http://manila2013.fibaasia.net/ScheduleResults.aspx)

Date
Game No
Time
Venue
Status
White
Dark
Final
Live Stats
Box Scores

01/08/2013
MOA
PR - C
Iran
Malaysia

View
Download

01/08/2013
MOA
PR - A
Jordan
Ch. Taipei

View
Download

01/08/2013
MOA
PR - B
Japan
Qatar

View
Download

01/08/2013
MOA
PR - C
China
Korea

View
Download

01/08/2013
MOA
PR - A
Saudi Arabia
Philippines

View
Download

01/08/2013
MOA
PR - B
Lebanon
Hong Kong

View
Download

01/08/2013
N. Aquino
PR - D
Kazakhstan
Thailand

View
Download

01/08/2013
N. Aquino
PR - D
India
Bahrain

View
Download

02/08/2013
MOA
PR - C
China
Malaysia

View
Download

02/08/2013
MOA
PR - A
Ch. Taipei
Saudi Arabia

View
Download

02/08/2013
MOA
PR - B
Japan
Hong Kong

View
Download

02/08/2013
MOA
PR - C
Korea
Iran

View
Download

02/08/2013
MOA
PR - A
Jordan
Philippines

View
Download

02/08/2013
MOA
PR - B
Qatar
Lebanon

View
Download

02/08/2013
N. Aquino
PR - D
Thailand
India

View
Download

02/08/2013
N. Aquino
PR - D
Kazakhstan
Bahrain

View
Download

03/08/2013
MOA
PR - C
Malaysia
Korea

View
Download

03/08/2013
MOA
PR - D
India
Kazakhstan

View
Download

03/08/2013
MOA
PR - B
Lebanon
Japan

View
Download

03/08/2013
MOA
PR - C
Iran
China

View
Download

03/08/2013
MOA
PR - A
Philippines
Ch. Taipei

View
Download

03/08/2013
MOA
PR - A
Saudi Arabia
Jordan

View
Download

03/08/2013
N. Aquino
PR - D
Bahrain
Thailand

View
Download

03/08/2013
N. Aquino
PR - B
Hong Kong
Qatar

View
Download

Preliminary Round schedule observations

Hong Kong and Lebanon are teams with the shortest game turnaround in the Preliminary round.

Hong Kong plays August 1 game vs Lebanon @ 10:30 PM which will presumably end at around 12 MN to 12:30 AM and then will play the next game on August 2, 3:30 PM vs Japan.

Lebanon plays August 2 game vs Qatar @ 10:30 PM and then will play the next game on August 3 vs Japan @ 3:30 PM. Japan will have around 7 hours or so more of rest time playing a weaker HK squad compared to Lebanon that will play a tougher Qatar squad late in the night and a shorter rest time to prepare vs Japan. We'll see if Japan can take advantage of being fresher than Lebanon for their match-up.

Group C big 3 teams match-up is scheduled at 5:45 PM everyday.

All Bahrain and Thailand games will be played at the Ninoy Aquino stadium.

Philippines scheduled to play at 8:30 PM everyday.

Japan scheduled to play at 3:30 PM everyday.

Malaysia scheduled to play at 11:00 AM everyday.

Thailand scheduled to play at 6:00 PM everyday.

saints13
06-24-2013, 01:44 PM
masyado naman discriminated yung games sa Ninoy Aquino stadium.. hehe.

logbi77
06-24-2013, 02:26 PM
masyado naman discriminated yung games sa Ninoy Aquino stadium.. hehe. Care to elaborate please? In what way are the games at the NAS discriminated?

leb-basket
06-24-2013, 03:43 PM
DAFUQ that's unfair for us

reamily
06-25-2013, 12:13 AM
DAFUQ that's unfair for us

why sir? I thought we done a good job scheduling our Middle eastern friends in relation to your time zone..10:30 is like afternoon in middle east..

kaiziken_pinas
06-25-2013, 12:21 AM
All games are at Manila Standard Time UTC/GMT +8 hours. The games will be covered primarily by Basketball TV (Philippines. They've got the broadcast rights) and TV5 (local channel).

Poor group 4, they won't be able to play at the MOA Arena :(

kaiziken_pinas
06-25-2013, 12:22 AM
why sir? I thought we done a good job scheduling our Middle eastern friends in relation to your time zone..10:30 is like afternoon in middle east..

no dude. It's like, 3:30 in the morning in Lebanon :D

mavrick_h
06-25-2013, 01:11 AM
What 'leb-basket' was implying is the short turnaround between the games when other teams have longer turnaround over Hong Kong & Lebanon.

no dude. It's like, 3:30 in the morning in Lebanon :D

Nope. The difference between Manilla & Beirut time is 5 hours in the summer. So the games will be at 5:30 pm BT (first two games) & 9:30 am BT the last game of the first round.

kaiziken_pinas
06-25-2013, 02:04 AM
What 'leb-basket' was implying is the short turnaround between the games when other teams have longer turnaround over Hong Kong & Lebanon.

Nope. The difference between Manilla & Beirut time is 5 hours in the summer. So the games will be at 5:30 pm BT (first two games) & 9:30 am BT the last game of the first round.

Oh I see. My mistake, so we're ahead by five hours, not earlier. Thanks for the clarification :D

logbi77
06-25-2013, 11:03 AM
All games are at Manila Standard Time UTC/GMT +8 hours. The games will be covered primarily by Basketball TV (Philippines. They've got the broadcast rights) and TV5 (local channel).

Poor group 4, they won't be able to play at the MOA Arena :(
I am assuming that you are talking about Group D. Kazakhstan and India will play at the MOA Arena on August 3, 2013. Like I posted earlier in this thread, only Thailand and Bahrain will not play at the MOA Arena during the Preliminary Round.

IF Thailand and Bahrain advances into the second round, I think they'll be able to get to play at the MOA Arena.