How To Throw Down Your First Dunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Throw Down Your First Dunk

I remember my first dunk. I was so excited, words can't even explain how happy I was. I felt like my life goal was accomplished.

Why was this moment so special to me? Because I wanted to dunk the basketball since I was 5 years old. I got my first dunk when I was 15. I guess you can say I was extremely determined to achieve my goal.

Enough about me, what about you? Can you dunk?

I know what it takes to put down your first dunk, so let me share this with you.

You need to take action. I mean you need to take serious action and you can't stop.

It doesn't matter how tall you are or how old you're, if you take serious action and you're consistent you will get to your goal of throwing down your first dunk.

So here is what you need to do:

You need to eat healthy. Start eating fruits and vegetables, lots of white meat, get rid of processed food and junk food. Try to keep your house full of fruits and vegetables instead of chips and cookies. The healthier your body is, the better you will perform.

Watch film. Always keep yourself motivated by watching your favorite dunkers. Tell yourself that you are going to reach your goal of throwing down your first dunk and then you're going to work on throwing down even better dunks like the ones your favorite basketball players can do.

Follow a daily workout plan. You should be training your body to be more athletic. If you have access to a gym, you should be doing weight training associated with improving your vertical jump.

You should be doing weighted squats, lunges, and deadlifts.

If you don't have access to a gym you should be doing body-weight exercises at home. Do squats, and lunges without weights. You can also do calf raises, push-ups-sit-ups, and anything that will make your body stronger.

Jumping isn't just about your legs. Jumping is about your whole body working together to build momentum and then using that momentum to propel yourself up into the air in a short period of time.

In order to jump higher all of your muscles need to be in sync. You need a strong core, upper body, and lower body.

Write down your goals. Write down your goals and your daily routine and read it every day so you don't forget or miss a day. Consistency is the most important thing if you want to be successful with anything.

The second you stop training or you begin to give up on your goals, you set yourself up for failure. You have to keep going no matter what obstacles come your way.

If there were no obstacles in life, then everybody would be successful but, that just isn't the case.

Once you are able to jump high all you need to do is focus on flushing the basketball in the hoop once you can get your whole wrist over the rim. If you can't get your wrist over the rim, you need to work on your hops some more, until you can get your whole wrist over the rim.
Working...
X

Debug Information