8-11 August, Strasbourg

9 August, France v Germany

10 August, France v Croatia

11 August, France v Greece

13-17 August, Antibes

15 August, France v Serbia

17 August, France v Georgia

23 August, Spain v France (in Spain)

26 August, France v Spain (French location TBD)

27-29 August, Paris

31 August to 3 September, Slovenia

31 August, Slovenia v France
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Kevin Séraphin won´t be in Slovenia next summer. His justification (via Twitter) is a P.R. blunder and borderline insulting.

In French: http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/Actuali...xplique/366391

Comment

Originally posted by JRS Bonnet View Post
      Kevin Séraphin won´t be in Slovenia next summer. His justification (via Twitter) is a P.R. blunder and borderline insulting.

In French: http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/Actuali...xplique/366391
      So many words when he could have put just this: $.
      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
      Artificial Nature

Comment

French international Nando De Colo has expressed his certainty that 'Les Bleus' will field a strong team at EuroBasket 2013 regardless of who plays at center for them in Slovenia.

"For the team, the most important thing is to focus on the players who will be there," De Colo told sport24.com.

"No matter what, we are certainly not going [to Slovenia] with a second-rate team."
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Candidate list

PG: Tony Parker, Nando de Colo, Thomas Huertel, Leo Westermann
          SG: Antoine Diot, Yannick Bokolo, Evan Fournier, Edwin Jackson
          SF: Nicolas Batum, Charles Kahudi, Mickeal Gelabale
          PF: Boris Diaw, Florent Pietrus, Kim Tillie
          C: Ronny Turiaf, Joffrey Lauvergne, Alex Ajinca

Reserves

Andrew Albicy, Livio Jean-Charles, Jeremy Leloup, Adrien Moerman, Rudy Gobert

Comment

if Parker plays, frenchies are the main favorites to go all the way in my book. Sure, Noah and his defense and intensity will ne missed, but french NT never lacked in athleticism and defensive discipline either way. And now with heavily depleted spanish side, thier chance to shine has never been bigger before

Comment

What about Mickael Pietrus and Rodrigue Beaubois?
              Does anybody knows the reasons for their absence?
              Years go by and it seems that Parker and Beaubois will never be in French national team together.

Without Noah and Ian Mahimmi...France loses too much to win this Eurobasket.
              The surprise could be Ajinca.
              Turiaf is a complete disaster as a center, short center.
              Marc Gasol and Omer Asik will be comfortable again...

Comment

If French coach will find a good the team's internal chemistry. French team are real contenders into gold.

Comment

Ronny Turiaf reportedly canceled his participation at eurobasket. Hopefuly it was a google translate thing and France isn't really considering calling up Gobert instead.

Either Ajinca surprises everyone including himself, France plays one of the best small lineup basketballs in history, or their chances for a medal just about became very thin as there is basicaly no prooven big man left.
                  Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

with or without Ronny, France are still a TOP 2 team in the tournament - there is still athletic defender Ajinca and maybe very long an tall Gobert too. The main scoring threat will come from guards anyway, so all these big fellas have to do is to defend. I'm sure they can manage that

Comment

Seeing Ajinca or Gobert play this season, apart from the allround draft hype and their famous upside, there can be a lot of talk of their ability to contribute at this point. Cheap foul now and than, which isn't a matter of a potentialy negative attitude, but more of reality for both those guys and France will have to go small once again.
                      Meeting a team as Slovenia that has lost a lot of offensive inside power with Lorbek's injury in the elimination stage might not be a problem, but other NT's have guys as Gasol, Tomić, Zorić, Peković, Vučević, Bourousis, Asik and many others that can easily become a big headache for France.
                      France is one of my favourite NT's, I really like quite a lot of their players and I wish them all the luck, but whoever thinks losing practicaly their whole frontcourt won't matter all that much, has missed some of their previous eurobasket appearances where they also had an incredibly talented backcourt but in the end failed to make some noticable result, due to very obvious reason. They can still make it, but history tells us about the odds for that to happen.
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Completely agree with Josko's post. Our frontline is a mess, and I'm being polite.
                        We should try to run with this team but I haven't seen any real willingness to up the tempo so far from our current coaching staff. Anyway, rebounding will probably be a big issue so ...
                        I'm not optimistic.

Comment

Gobert won't come. He will undergo foot surgery right after the NBA Summer league. Apparently the coach knew it, and yet he was selected as a reserve ... go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingzar View Post
                            Gobert won't come. He will undergo foot surgery right after the NBA Summer league. Apparently the coach knew it, and yet he was selected as a reserve ... go figure.
                            Gobert is not NT material. Won't be missed. But, yet again, I can't understand the sudden lack of bigs in France this summer. It's gonna cost them big
                            Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Johan Petro replaces Ronny Turiaf in the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information