Andres Nocioni, Rising Superstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andres Nocioni, Rising Superstar

(Originally posted by desertballer, 11-09-2003, 08:34 PM)

desertballer
    11-09-2003, 08:34 PM

Does this guy want to play in the NBA or is he another Bodiroga? NBA teams must want this guy. He is one of the top small forwards in the world.
    Somebody give me a clue!
    hagakure
    11-10-2003, 12:12 AM

I've answered this question in the Argentina forum but in case you haven't been there I'll repeat what I said there.
    There were rumors that Memphis was interested in him but he still had a contract with his team in Spain. Maybe when the contract is over if he's still on the same level.
    desertballer
    11-10-2003, 06:47 AM

I would assume he could opt out of his contract! Memphis could sure use the guy.
    mayteromanl
    12-03-2003, 03:12 PM

I think next season he'll be playing in USA.
    FRANKY 13
    12-26-2003, 10:01 PM

I told to myself that we could start presenting players who are well-known in Europe but not in the U.S. and collect in a way opinions concerning them.

I'd like to start with Andres Nocioni [2.03m-98kg],who is having a great impact in Europe right now.He is also known with the argentinian NT[2nd in Indiannapolis and 2nd in the "Americas" last summer].

I read his profile on nbadraft.net and i'd like to comment it.

Probably the most athletic player in Europe, his explosiveness is "Carter-esque".

I totally agree with that.he is really incredible when he gets the ball and most of the times its simply impossible for the defender to stop him.And there is of course the anecdote with the dunk over K.G. when he was only 17.

He is not a Fotsis or Bodiroga, an all-around-talent who can do everything on the court

no,but he can do some things better than both of them.he is for example an excellent rebounder who averages near 9 rebs per game.[8,6 this year in the spanish league].And he surely is better than both Bodiroga and Fotsis in defense.

He is great in open court situations where he always wants to dunk

wrong.Perhaps 3 years ago but not any more.He loves the open court,thats for sure.And he probably feels great when he dunks.But his play has become so mature that he is a threat from anywhere on the court now.

And, most importantly, he is becoming a threat from outside. He improved his shooting technique a lot. He is very confident with his shot and right now and has been hitting the J on a regular bases. He has also displayed effectiveness with his pull-up jumper and shooting off screens

Nothing to add.All true.

He is not a pure shooter like Stojakovic but if he continues to improve he can be a legitimate NBA player.

Allow me to disagree with the second part.Nocioni has the skills to have a great impact on the NBA and not the one of an average player.His progress in the last two years are spectacular and his level of play is not that far away from the one of "Manu".of course,we're talking about two different styles of play,but their efficiency could easily be compared.And considering that he works with Dusko Ivanovic,one of the hardest coaches in Europe,he should have an incredible work ethic.

stats 03/04=17,5pts and 8,6rbs in the acb-17,6pts and 7 rebs in the Euroleague.Any comments?

Originally posted by FRANKY 13
    stats 03/04=17,5pts and 8,6rbs in the acb-17,6pts and 7 rebs in the Euroleague.Any comments?

What can I comment...

I can just quote your words --> Nothing to add.All true.
    bigdizave
    02-29-2004, 11:50 AM

I saw Andres Nocioni play a few games in the 2003 FIBA Tournament of Americas. He played very effectively against the US team. This guy plays smart and dunks hard.

I have heard many times about his famous "Chapu Dunk" over Kevin Garnett. I have searched everywhere on the internet for a video of it and I cannot find it. If anyone can find a video clip of this famous slam dunk, please let us know.
    NaFioN
    02-29-2004, 04:08 PM

I think Andres is going to play next year in NBA .... Well this is only my prediction, so take it easy
    Matiz
    03-01-2004, 12:34 AM

But found one pic with someone dunking over Noccioni
    Zan Tabak- ex pacer- now in ...Joventut ?
    bigdizave
    03-01-2004, 06:00 AM

I saw Andres Nocioni play a few games in the 2003 FIBA Tournament of Americas. He played very effectively against the US team. This guy plays smart and dunks hard.

I have heard many times about his famous "Chapu Dunk" over Kevin Garnett. I have searched everywhere on the internet for a video of it and I cannot find it. If anyone can find a video clip or picture of this famous slam dunk, please let us know.

mayteromanl
    03-03-2004, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by Matiz
    Zan Tabak- ex pacer- now in ...Joventut ?
    Yeah! is playing in Joventut. He really did a good game last Sunday. For me his main failure is his mood...

Franky, I'm reading this thread for the first time. And I've seen that you did a very good commentary about the NBA Nocioni profile- Yesterday I answered Desertballer, who asked about Nocioni, and added the NBA commentary... . I'm going to add a link to this thread...

Mayte
    Last edited by stuart; 05-09-2006, 10:46 PM.
    http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
    http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
    http://www.interbasket.net

more from the old thread:

stuart
    03-13-2004, 09:27 AM

http://www.interbasket.net/players/nocioni.htm

Stuart
    worldbasketball
    03-25-2004, 11:19 PM

bigdizave
    Welcome to the IBN forum
    Also such a nice Manu site.

Stuart
    Thanks as always for the new Nocioni profile.
    bigdizave
    05-14-2004, 10:18 PM

Sweet! I found the video of Nocioni dunking on Kevin Garnett. I guess if you look on the internet hard enough, you can find anything.

Check it out: Andres Nocioni's famous "El Chapu Dunk" video clip (http://www.masbasket.com/imagen/imag...ateNocioni.avi)

Here's a cool article about it. I like how KG praised Nocioni about it. That's great sportsmanship: Check it out: CNN/Sports Illustrated - "Human Highlight" (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/oly..._qualifier_ap/)

I hope this guy makes it to the NBA just as Garnett hopes. Nocioni's got game.
    jokinen
    05-15-2004, 12:21 AM

Great fanpage!!!

Thanks for the links. Its allways nice to remember that play.
    It was said by Nocioni's agent that 8 NBA teams are interested in him, but his buyout clausule last year was about 4.500.000 dollars.
    Another problem is that he admits that he is not to much interested in playing in the NBA, he said that he rathers play in Europe and not be sitting in a bench in USA, he will go to the NBA when a team conveinces him that he would play a nice number of minutes per game.
    mayteromanl
    05-15-2004, 02:14 AM

Originally posted by jokinen
    Another problem is that he admits that he is not to much interested in playing in the NBA, he said that he rathers play in Europe and not be sitting in a bench in USA, he will go to the NBA when a team conveinces him that he would play a nice number of minutes per game.
    So... the best option, I think, is he staying in Spain (at least the best chance for the spanish fans hehe).

Ps.: I can't find the 'egoist' smilie, it'd be the most appropiated.
    mvblair
    05-15-2004, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by bigdizave
    I hope this guy makes it to the NBA just as Garnett hopes. Nocioni's got game.
    Thanks so much, Big D!!! I love the video and the article. Thanks, man!!

Matt
    Virtuoso
    05-15-2004, 03:51 PM

Thanks, man. I've wanted to see this dunk for a while since I've been hearing some things about it. Since there was so much hype, I was left disappointed

I would say that dunk on Jermaine O'Neal by Varejao last summer was just as good or better.

Alot of people would be interested in seeing this, time to spread it around...

From that article:
    "He got his highlight, but I told him the next time I would try to break his wrist."
    Damn straight KG
    mvblair
    05-16-2004, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by Virtuoso
    The first blood hurts a lot, but the last blood counts for more.

Matt
    jokinen
    05-16-2004, 07:50 PM

Originally posted by mayteromanl
    So... the best option, I think, is he staying in Spain (at least the best chance for the spanish fans hehe)
    HAHAHA, good point.

I really would like to see him play in the NBA since i Think he is quite ready, but if he plays less that 20 or 15 minutes per game, it would be such a waste.
    ajaxballer
    01-18-2005, 07:41 AM

I really like andes nocioni hes fun to watch and he can throw
    down pretty good too. i remember he had a dunk on kevin
    garnett in an olimpic qualifier but i don't think i've ever seen
    the video so i was woundering if anybody has it and an post it
    thanks.
    NaFioN
    01-18-2005, 08:01 AM

it seems that link does not work......try this one
    http://es.geocities.com/israealair1/noccioni.ZIP

ajaxballer
    01-18-2005, 08:11 AM

lol i was just about to reply and say the link didn't work.
    thanks so much for the second link it worked fine. Its a
    really nice dunk i'm surprized garnett would let someone
    do that to him, do you kno how old andres was then?
    NaFioN
    01-18-2005, 08:21 AM

u r welcome (c:

maybe he was about 17 years old ??? i dont really know....
    Virtuoso
    01-21-2005, 12:10 AM

do you kno how old andres was then?
    - that was the 99 Tournment of Americas

- he was born 11/30/79
    Last edited by stuart; 05-09-2006, 10:52 PM.

Comment

all i have to say about nocione is he is a beasT!!!!! i particularly didnt care to watch him play o read much aobut him but after the playoffs, which is cutting on my study time this man is a beast and i statred looking him up. i thought he was italian though
      "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

I have been watching every Bulls game since december

My different nicks in different forums...

Manu Ginobili Forum
        Chapu 30/30

Carlos Arroyo Forum
        Buitre Chapu (Vulture Chapu)

Buitres Boricuas (Boricua's Vultures)
        Chapu

dont mind about the vulture thing, no one of u will understand

I have a tendency to like hard nose defensive players

I am so proud of Ron Artest
        sigpic

Comment

k2 youd like me on a game of pickup then. i prefer defense over offense, as long as i can outrebound somebopdy bigger than me and get more steal and pressured shots im happy with ymself.
          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

as long as u set a good pick, grab some rebounds, show some interest in defense and run the floor, u are going to get a good share of passes from me
            sigpic

Comment

Nocioni Named Player of the Year

April 19, 2006 ? Andrés Nocioni has been named Bulls CDW/Lenovo Player of the Year for the 2005.06 season. The 6-7, 225-pound forward is the only Bull that will appear in all 82 games this season, including 43 starting assignments.

?Andrés epitomizes what the Chicago Bulls represent through his dedication to the game and to his team. His positive attitude, relentless effort, passion and hard work are great examples for everyone,? said John Paxson, Bulls Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations.

Comment

Nocioni leading in nba.com/bulls/ Fan Poll
                Who was the Bulls? MVP this season?

Andres Nocioni 48%
                Ben Gordon 28%
                Kirk Hinrich 21%
                Luol Deng 2%
                Other 1%
                Total Responses: 22062

Comment

I think Andres super-strong finish to the season (and the playoffs) really helped push the voting his way. His jumpshot has really improved a lot since coming into the league. I can't wait to see what he does next year.

Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
                    I think Andres super-strong finish to the season (and the playoffs) really helped push the voting his way.
                    Yes, I believe you're right.

Comment

even though a couple of years have gone by, Andres Nocioni still rules
                      Did you see how he played without a shoe a few weeks ago????
                      8 possessions to be exact without a shoe.
                      Now how many players can do that?

[no ads please]
                      Last edited by rikhardur; 04-21-2008, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary
                        even though a couple of years have gone by, Andres Nocioni still rules
                        Did you see how he played without a shoe a few weeks ago????
                        8 possessions to be exact without a shoe.
                        Now how many players can do that?
                        8 possessions without a shoe? I missed that.
                        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Nocioni on Sacramento:

Would you rather get out of Sacramento? Andres Nocioni: If I can get something better, I will make the decision. But if Sacramento can improve, staying is no big deal. The thing is, here they are more focused on not losing money than on the team that's coming.

Andres Nocioni: "(Sacramento) is the worst team and being here you find out why... There are many young guys that want to find their niche, but they are so far away... There's no chemistry or teamwork. I can't see how this team could be competitive in the near future in the West... The draft is going to save no one. I don't know, I'll see what happens this summer."

Andres Nocioni: Last year I lost all hope they would pass the ball to me (laughs). I just waited on the corner watching what happened. If the ball came, it came... It rarely did (laughs). It's the same thing in Sacramento. There's a lot of young people and a lot of individualistic play.

Hmm, would love to see him back in Europe. Maybe Tau has some money left if Rakocevic leaves for Olympiakos or some other club.
                          "It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle View Post
                            Hmm, would love to see him back in Europe. Maybe Tau has some money left if Rakocevic leaves for Olympiakos or some other club.
                            I think that some other NBA will "pony up" and get him from Sacramento. I'm not sure what his contract is like, but there are some teams that need a small forward (San Antonio would be a great fit, maybe Dallas, maybe LA). He's good enough to play in either the EL or the NBA, so it's just a matter of what team is willing to sacrifice the players/money to get him.

But does anybody blame him for not liking Sacramento? That team has been awful since Divac and Webber left. They've got nothing.
                            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information