X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J. O'Neal wanting to join Team USA

On second thought
    Pacers' O'Neal now hoping to play for Team USA

Posted: Friday November 10, 2006 7:36PM; Updated: Friday November 10, 2006 9:05PM
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana forward Jermaine O'Neal is re-thinking Team USA.

After declining tryout invitations because of a groin injury last season, O'Neal said he planned to talk to Team USA managing director Jerry Colangelo sometime this year.

"I'm going to reach out to him because he reached out to me a couple of times last year, but it just wasn't the best feeling in my body," O'Neal said.

He helped the United States' men's basketball team win a gold medal in the 2003 Tournament of the Americas Olympic qualifier but was forced to withdraw from 2004 Olympics due to a knee injury. The U.S. will compete in the 2007 Tournament of the Americas to qualify for the 2008 Olympic games.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

So what do you guys think?
    Will he be a better asset compared to the previous Big Men that were selected for Team USA?
    Better still, will he be selected by Coach K?
    If he does play in the Tournament of the Americas and Team USA qualifies for Beijing, do you think he will play the following summer?
    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
    -El Padrino

4th FIBA-Americas Championships
    Last edited by Kings; 11-11-2006, 11:30 PM.

Comment

The players aren't the problem, also the coach is great, it's their mentality. You can't change that over night.

Comment

I wonder if other players who were always reluctant to join the national team won't reconsider inspired by Jermaine (and US losses). We might see all the "legends" fighting for a spot in a near future, who knows...
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

i personally don't want him to join. he should have done it during day 1 and not now. dont be part of a team full of potential glory if you arent going to be part of it from day 1.
          "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information