Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wesley "Wes" Correa

Hi,

I'm looking for discussion or information on a player by the name of Wesley Correa. He played down in Puerto Rico for the PR National Team also for the Titanes de Morovis from 1980-1988.

He played in the PanAm Games in 1983 against Jordan, Centrobasket, Pre-Olympics, etc. during that era. He was known in PR at that time as if not the best then one of the best players around.

He was on the team with Mario Butler, the father, not the son, he played against Rubin Rodriguez, Picolean, Fico, Jerome Mincey, Munch, all those guys.

Any info. or discussion would be appreciated.

I Know Him!

I live in New York and he's actually my basketball coach

Comment

well, your coach was (and is) a great basketball player
      sigpic

Comment

Wes Correa

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I'm trying to start a website dedicated to him and other players during that era.

What I need are photo's, newspaper clippings, articles, website posting, etc.

I have my own personal experiences being I am his ex-wife and was married to him during the height of his career.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
        Madeline

Comment

Originally posted by Madeline
          Hi,

I'm looking for discussion or information on a player by the name of Wesley Correa. He played down in Puerto Rico for the PR National Team also for the Titanes de Morovis from 1980-1988.

He played in the PanAm Games in 1983 against Jordan, Centrobasket, Pre-Olympics, etc. during that era. He was known in PR at that time as if not the best then one of the best players around.

He was on the team with Mario Butler, the father, not the son, he played against Rubin Rodriguez, Picolean, Fico, Jerome Mincey, Munch, all those guys.

Any info. or discussion would be appreciated.
          Hi! Wes Correa played in PR with the Morovis Titans from the early eighties to the mid nineties. He took the Morovis team to their only championship in franchise history in 1987. He was a special player. Probably between 6'5" or 6'6" he was a phenomenal shooter, and had great agility and atlethicism; he could score tons of points; I think he would have made the NBA but there were some "extracurricular" issues that kept him from being even more recognized internationally and cut his career short. But during a recent masters tournament he looked phenomenal and played very good basketball. I remember one night in 1989 he was running the break and made a 360 dunk; he was that agile. He was a great player. I personally am a Bayamon Cowboys fan but I sure remember him as being one of the greatest players in puertorrican basketball history. I think my best friend actually has some videos and stuff. Lets see what I can find out. One day, Morovis was going to play Aibonito for a due or die game to get into the playoffs on Roberto Clemente coliseum. Aibonito won; but before that game we actually called his home and he picked up the phone and we said like Wes we got to win tonight!!..jejeje...I apologize for that. we were just kids but we sure remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by mcLilaznG
            I live in New York and he's actually my basketball coach
            Wow! He was an amazing player.

I don't know very much about him, except that he went to Saint John's and played on the PR NT. In the Pan-Am games, he killed the US, but I don't remember any stats or anything.

Licolin, thanks so much for those fun memories. I liked reading it!
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information