Who is the best NBA team of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best NBA team of all time?

Ok, who is the best NBA team of all time?
    Thought this might be interesting.
    Current or teams from the Past, imagine for example the Celtics of the 80's v the
    Lakers of Shaq and Kobe, who would be the best of the best.

I believe the Bulls of the early 90's had the best team. Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, Rodman, Kerr, Longley ect.
    I think they played the best offense and defense to be the geatest team of all time.
    1st of all they had the most inpirational player ever in Jordan. Pippen was a great back up to Jordan and Kukoc added the 6 man aspect. All three were guys you could give the ball at the end of the game. Rodman with the wild card aspect and the rest of the team played the perfect role whether that was Kerr hitting the open 3 or longley rebounding and playing defense.

Bulls with Jordan, Kerr, Kukoc, Pippen, Rodman, Longley, Harper...

Comment

85 LA Lakers - Kareem, Magic, Worthy, CoopMan, Byron, Bob McAdoo, Mike McGee, Kurt Rambis
      60s Boston aka The Big Green Machine
      1967 76ers
      Fo Fo Fo-1983 76ers
      Motor City Bad Boys
      ^
      Those teams will trash any 1998+ champ
      And one really underrated team-2004 Detroit Pistons
      Big mans-Sheed and Ben are the starters WITH Memo and Elden of the bench
      SFs-Tay+Corliss Williamson(who wasnt Scorliss back than )...Darvin Ham who always can give you a nice slamdwich
      Guards-Rip and Billups with back ups Mike James and Lindsey Hunter

But when we are doing fantasy match-ups like 60s Boston vs Jordan's Bulls first set the rules-with 60s rules Jordan, Pippen and all Bulls will be called for palming every time and with 90s rules KC Jones will be:WTF there is white line 7 meters from the basket, WTF some guy shooted from there and instead of 2 points refs gave 3 to the Bulls
      47-70
      76-58

Comment

Do I REALLY have to answer?

Comment

Yes Bulls i think were the best and offcourse they had Michael only a team with Michael in its roster can be the best..

Comment

Originally posted by Nikoo
            85 LA Lakers - Kareem, Magic, Worthy, CoopMan, Byron, Bob McAdoo, Mike McGee, Kurt Rambis
            60s Boston aka The Big Green Machine
            1967 76ers
            Fo Fo Fo-1983 76ers
            Motor City Bad Boys
            ^
            Those teams will trash any 1998+ champ
            And one really underrated team-2004 Detroit Pistons
            Big mans-Sheed and Ben are the starters WITH Memo and Elden of the bench
            SFs-Tay+Corliss Williamson(who wasnt Scorliss back than )...Darvin Ham who always can give you a nice slamdwich
            Guards-Rip and Billups with back ups Mike James and Lindsey Hunter

But when we are doing fantasy match-ups like 60s Boston vs Jordan's Bulls first set the rules-with 60s rules Jordan, Pippen and all Bulls will be called for palming every time and with 90s rules KC Jones will be:WTF there is white line 7 meters from the basket, WTF some guy shooted from there and instead of 2 points refs gave 3 to the Bulls
            I think there would have been more physical contact back in the day than given credit for, so i would not worry to much about palming (hands on).
            As far as the 3 point line is concerned well i would bet they had the range back then aswell but did not have a need to use it.
            Certainly though that Lakers team would be one hell of a match up with the Bulls. Would be a hard one to call. I would say though that with Jordan the Lakers would struggle to stop him and the bulls would match up better on the likes of Magic with Pippen. Kareem could be a factor in this Fantasy game.
            Bull would win it though.

Comment

Bibby, Christie, Stojakovic, Webber, Divac, Pollard, Turkoglu, Jackson

at least they were my favorites
              sigpic

Comment

Where is all the American's opinion on this?

Comment

Just catching up Highlander, give us a break. With the rules changes, I dunno. 85 Lakers, absolutely. 60-66 Celtics under Auerbach, without a doubt. Other than those teams, my favorite two are:

92-93 Bulls (the first three-peat). I lived in Chicago then. I will never forget the fireworks over Lake Michigan that night and the insanity; people were throwing things off their fire escapes. That was the year there were these gi-normous billboards on 1-90/94, Michael Jordan on the right, Scottie Pippen on the left, when you came northbound into Chicago. They were as tall as skyscrapers.

96-97 Jazz -- and I will fight to the death on this one, Stockton should have had that championship. I'm still crying about it. MJ totally stole it at the last second! I called in sick the next day because I was so distraught.
                  Michelle Tackabery
                  Tackabery Chronicle
                  Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Come on guys how old are you? Chicago was the team that made us love basketball the team that made the whole world love basketball!Yes they had the most spetacular player all time Michael.They made the best records.They showed what means team and how to play basketball ..Bulls at 90s were perfect !!!

Comment

Originally posted by HABIBI
                      Come on guys how old are you? Chicago was the team that made us love basketball the team that made the whole world love basketball!Yes they had the most spetacular player all time Michael.They made the best records.They showed what means team and how to play basketball ..Bulls at 90s were perfect !!!
                      Hey, you don't have to be old to appreciate a great team Habibi.
                      Michelle Tackabery
                      Tackabery Chronicle
                      Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Yes i think you are right but i mean that we are grew with Bulls they were part of our chilhood years they are part of our lives

Comment

Originally posted by mktackabery
                          Just catching up Highlander, give us a break. With the rules changes, I dunno. 85 Lakers, absolutely. 60-66 Celtics under Auerbach, without a doubt. Other than those teams, my favorite two are:

92-93 Bulls (the first three-peat). I lived in Chicago then. I will never forget the fireworks over Lake Michigan that night and the insanity; people were throwing things off their fire escapes. That was the year there were these gi-normous billboards on 1-90/94, Michael Jordan on the right, Scottie Pippen on the left, when you came northbound into Chicago. They were as tall as skyscrapers.

96-97 Jazz -- and I will fight to the death on this one, Stockton should have had that championship. I'm still crying about it. MJ totally stole it at the last second! I called in sick the next day because I was so distraught.
                          Great team indeed!
                          but Stockton was not alone if i recall correctly...(u know who i mean)

Comment

Originally posted by final countdown
                            Great team indeed!
                            but Stockton was not alone if i recall correctly...(u know who i mean)
                            well yeah of course not, he just has a special place in my heart.
                            Michelle Tackabery
                            Tackabery Chronicle
                            Durham, NC, USA

Comment

Originally posted by -K2-
                              Bibby, Christie, Stojakovic, Webber, Divac, Pollard, Turkoglu, Jackson

at least they were my favorites
                              Such an awesome team.

BUT though it is not the best the Knicks of the 1990s were my favourite:

C - Ewing
                              PF - Oakley
                              SF - McDaniel/ C. Smith/ A. Mason
                              SG - Starks/ Allan Houston
                              PG - D. Harper

6th man - Greg Anthony

Okay going back to the topic the Greatest NBA Team of All Time: 1996 Bulls.

Though I HATE THE BULLS 110% however, objectively speaking this team was just too good, BLOODY TOO GOOD.

Okay it did have its weaknesses however, their weaknesses were minor compared to the weaknesses of the other great teams.
                              "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
                              -El Padrino

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information