Bolt : Greatest Athlete Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt : Greatest Athlete Ever?

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past couple of days you may have witnessed one of the greatest racing achievements in history. Usain Bolt retaining his championship Gold medal events. What's more interesting is the claim he made a day ago about himself:

“It’s what I came here to do, I’m now a legend, I’m the greatest athlete to live..."
    Opinions?

Discuss.
    "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Originally posted by bobo81 View Post
    “It’s what I came here to do, I’m now a legend, I’m the greatest athlete to live..."

Two words for him: Carl Lewis.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Greatest athlete my ass....count your medals and compare them to Phelps's, see if you can come close to one third total. You're a great athlete but does not come close to being the greatest....shameless...shameless. Leave your cockiness on the tracks, be humble with your achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by jonescupfan View Post
        Greatest athlete my ass....count your medals and compare them to Phelps's, see if you can come close to one third total. You're a great athlete but does not come close to being the greatest....shameless...shameless. Leave your cockiness on the tracks, be humble with your achievements.
        Win the long jump gold and I'll give you equal status with Carl Lewis.

Comment

I'm actually shocked everyone is applauding this quote (or so it seems).

Not to take anything away from his accomplishments, but a claim like this is beyond a show of arrogance. Not to mention it's a slap in the face to those who break records in triathalons, heptathlons, and the hardest Olympic event yet - decathlon. I'd even place those who are multi-winners in a long marathon above Bolt.

I do wish he would try out for Man Utd. He would probably fail just as much as Michael Jordan failed with the White Sox.
          "...I got the hand that will rock your craddle / cream you like cheese spread you on my bagel..." - Shaq

Comment

Two more words for him: Marion Jones.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by jonescupfan View Post
              It's easier for Phelps to win more medals ecause swimming is divided into a billion categories...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
                It's easier for Phelps to win more medals ecause swimming is divided into a billion categories...
                Easier? Whoa!! Bet you didn't see swimming golds won and lost at the final touch. You hate swimming,don't you?

Comment

How do you compare athletes in different sports? You can't. How do Tiger Woods or Dale Earnhardt compare to Phelps or Bolt for example?
                  aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                    How do you compare athletes in different sports? You can't. How do Tiger Woods or Dale Earnhardt compare to Phelps or Bolt for example?
                    I think athlete here is used in the traditional sense, i.e., someone taking part in athletics.
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                      Two more words for him: Marion Jones.
                      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

That's right pohani. The way he boasts about himself and the superior way he wins stuff... Fishy imo.
                        Last edited by rikhardur; 09-14-2012, 01:29 AM.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information