Dtown
08-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Arguably the game of the day and it's the earliest one. :mad:

Guess my DVR is gonna get a workout.

Lietuvis
08-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Arguably the game of the day and it's the earliest one. :mad:

Guess my DVR is gonna get a workout.

Lithuania will only win if we start making a lot more 3s in transition otherwise easy win for France...

each way
08-02-2012, 04:33 AM
Anyone have these teams most recent head to head meetings?

Shawshank
08-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Anyone have these teams most recent head to head meetings?

With France we have very competitive history:

2000 OG group game Lithuania won
2001 EB group game France won
2003 EB semifinal Lithuania Won
2005 EB 1/4 France Won
2007 EB Group game Lithuania Won
2010 WC Group game Lithuania won
2011 EB group game France won (73-67)

funny or not,but in all our 4 wins,in those years lietuva won a medal...so this can be ineteresting sign and answer do we have any chances this year to suprise anybody...

My head says France ,my heart Lietuva.If we wanna to win this one finally we have to make 3pointers,we are missing them so far ...

madmax
08-02-2012, 06:48 AM
France by +10
I wouldn't be surprised by a blowout either - depends if frenchies are hitting their outside jumpers at a good rate

Wingzar
08-02-2012, 07:51 AM
We'll see if the progress shown in the game against Argentina was just a fluke.
I hope to see a better Parker.

ricklin1982
08-02-2012, 08:10 AM
With France we have very competitive history:

2000 OG group game Lithuania won
2001 EB group game France won
2003 EB semifinal Lithuania Won
2005 EB 1/4 France Won
2007 EB Group game Lithuania Won
2010 WC Group game Lithuania won
2011 EB group game France won (73-67)

funny or not,but in all our 4 wins,in those years lietuva won a medal...so this can be ineteresting sign and answer do we have any chances this year to suprise anybody...

My head says France ,my heart Lietuva.If we wanna to win this one finally we have to make 3pointers,we are missing them so far ...

My head says Lietuva is a stronger team, judging from history. But through the games played last months, my eyes says this Lietuva is no longer a competitor with France or Argentina. I was actually surprised that Lietuva beat Nigeria by more than 10.

Wingzar
08-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Nice first quarter.
Man, I cringe every time I see Turiaf or Seraphin chasing guards beyond the 3 pts line ...
Parker seems great today.

Nikoo
08-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Good job LIETUVA, LIETUVA

Wingzar
08-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Good second quarter for Lithuania on both sides of the court.
We're sloppy on offense, and defense, well ...

Gytaz
08-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Well, the first half went better than expected for Lithuania, especially after the disappointing beginning. Perhaps there's still hope.

Sakkreth
08-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Finnaly a good defensive quarter against strong offensive team.

Illegal2k10
08-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Well, the first half went better than expected for Lithuania, especially after the disappointing beginning. Perhaps there's still hope.

if you have in mind +15 there is one, but very very VERY slim one hehe. Other than that, France is nothing like impossible to beat, we were and still are at 50/50

Wingzar
08-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Free throws ...

Nikoo
08-02-2012, 09:13 AM
LTU should start the hack-a-Turiaf...

Gytaz
08-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Only 5 turnovers with 12 minutes left? That's very unlithuanian. :)

Richey666
08-02-2012, 09:22 AM
France is gonna win, as soon as they cranked up aggressiveness, Liths were in deep trouble. Go France, destroy them! Batum shows what he's made of.

Gytaz
08-02-2012, 09:22 AM
And then there's like 3 or 4 turnovers in the last minutes of q3...

Nikoo
08-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Monster blocks against Pocius

Richey666
08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Jasikevicius cant play anymore, but he can flop better though.
And being balanced, also flop by Batum.

Wingzar
08-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Boris seems to be a morning guy.
Can we reschedule all of our games to play this early ?

Illegal2k10
08-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Time to work.
We lost this in the 3rd quater by using stupid rotation and a high level team like France used it properly.
Gz to France.:)

macleopard13
08-02-2012, 09:46 AM
How could our team blow the lead and end up losing because of bad defense? And our team shooting a brick after a brick! FUCK!

What else is going to happen? We're gonna lose to USA and Tunisia and go home. All because our stupid coach can't set up zone defense properly!

I'd like to smack everyone on the team hard so they would wake up and start playing fast-paced basketball again with lockdown defense.

madmax
08-02-2012, 09:49 AM
damn, Kemzura actually surprised me today - he managed to lose the game by less than 10 points...:cool:
On a serious note, I wonder if he trully believes that Kavaliauskas is a better player than Valanciunas. Surely NBA experts know better to select Jonas than Antanas, now do they?:confused:

ricklin1982
08-02-2012, 09:51 AM
How could our team blow the lead and end up losing because of bad defense? And our team shooting a brick after a brick! FUCK!

What else is going to happen? We're gonna lose to USA and Tunisia and go home. All because our stupid coach can't set up zone defense properly!

Most likely ends 4th and meets Spain at the 1/4 final. Tunisia has less than 10% chance..

LTbotd
08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Kemzūra is a MASTER OF CHAOS. Fucking hell, his rotation is unbelievable.

Victorious
08-02-2012, 09:52 AM
So France will be second in the group and will avoid Russia and Spain. They are becoming a top team and don't choke like they used to in the last minutes of the game.

So far for me the best teams are USA, Spain, Russia, France and Argentina. Brazil is the outsider.
Having said this, I think that the group of Spain is stronger than this one. Save for USA.

kestiz
08-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Can someone explain why the fuck Jonas V was sitting on the bench for 3 quarters. Why the hell then to put him in the starting lineup, why even take him to the NT if Kemzura thinks kavaliauskas is better. Jonas had good first minutes, 4 points and a missed FT in like 4 minutes.

Shawshank
08-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Can someone explain why the fuck Jonas V was sitting on the bench for 3 quarters. Why the hell then to put him in the starting lineup, why even take him to the NT if Kemzura thinks kavaliauskas is better. Jonas had good first minutes, 4 points and a missed FT in like 4 minutes.

as i saw kemzura was very disapointed with his defence.After pickenroll he didnt know what to do,parker just out run him and then turiaf was scoring easy basket inside.When kavaliauskas and songaila they played smarter atleast were making foul and turiaf was not making free throws.When Kavaliauskas Pocius and Jasaitis come form bench our defence was way better than starting five.But i agree its questionable why he played only 7minutes.He should play 15-20minutes.Strange desicion by kemzura.But overall france team is stronger,i think they gonna be in semifinal this year.

Darknemo2000
08-02-2012, 11:44 AM
as i saw kemzura was very disapointed with his defence.After pickenroll he didnt know what to do,parker just out run him and then turiaf was scoring easy basket inside.When kavaliauskas and songaila they played smarter atleast were making foul and turiaf was not making free throws.When Kavaliauskas Pocius and Jasaitis come form bench our defence was way better than starting five.But i agree its questionable why he played only 7minutes.He should play 15-20minutes.Strange desicion by kemzura.But overall france team is stronger,i think they gonna be in semifinal this year.

We were loosing by -11 due to Songaila's 'smarter'play on defense. I would take dumb play with -4 over the "smarter" -11 anytime... In both cases it is bad but with Kavaliauskas after a good second quarter he was very bad at the third and attrocious at the 4th (alley-oop dunk in his face, two veryu bad roatation cases and then no box-out after the fT).

Kemzura should have tried Jonas isntead, dumb plays or not we were loosing less with him on the court than with Songaila on the court.

Pleasant
08-02-2012, 12:05 PM
Hahaha. When other countries lose, their fans blame the refs. When Lithuania loses, their fans blame Kemzura :P It's kind of refreshing actually.

I'm surprised at how decent France looks right now after a poor first showing against Team USA. I can't believe they're probably going to take the second seed out of the group.

usagre
08-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Hahaha. When other countries lose, their fans blame the refs. When Lithuania loses, their fans blame Kemzura :P It's kind of refreshing actually.

I'm surprised at how decent France looks right now after a poor first showing against Team USA. I can't believe they're probably going to take the second seed out of the group.
Why are you surprised
Tony Parker, batum, diaw, seraphim.
Oh I forgot you are the guy who told me that this wasnt the nba.

Straight forward
08-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Kemzura made so many questionable roatation decisions that I won't even start...

I'll wait till the tournament ends, but I'm almost convinced 2010 was pure luck (some great player's shape, underdogs's status and so on).

arturcia
08-02-2012, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Pleasant;721102]Hahaha. When other countries lose, their fans blame the refs. When Lithuania loses, their fans blame Kemzura :P It's kind of refreshing actually.
[QUOTE]

It's not strange. We prefer discus about what we did wrong and why we lost, and not to blame ref's. we are not Greeks or Spaniards :) and YES, Kemzūra's dumb decisions cost us chance to fight for victory.

Raze Lupin
08-02-2012, 01:29 PM
I just finished watching the game. Kleiza reminds me of Carmelo Anthony. He also reminds me a bit of LeBron. In the way he plays in the low post. He is very strong and has solid BBIQ. It may sound crazy but I think the Kemzura is not using Kleiza to his full potential. He also is not using Jonas Valenciunas correctly. The Liths are not playing to the potential of their talent. Just my opinion.

Straight forward
08-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I just finished watching the game. Kleiza reminds me of Carmelo Anthony. He also reminds me a bit of LeBron. In the way he plays in the low post. He is very strong and has solid BBIQ. It may sound crazy but I think the Kemzura is not using Kleiza to his full potential. He also is not using Jonas Valenciunas correctly. The Liths are not playing to the potential of their talent. Just my opinion.

It's not only your opinion. Most of Lithuania's BB experts hav enough criticism for Kemzura. Lithuania so far is playing the worst Olympic basketball in the whole history and it has to be said (and it had to be said that 5th place was a shitty place for hosting Lithuania in Eurobasket 2011, but only Sabas somehow was at least a little bit critical). And now Kemzura has no excuses like we don't have Kleiza and Mačiulis. He will use Javtokas' card, but that's not an excuse - Lithuania didn't shine in Venezuela as well. Maybe this team migh still somehow pass 4finals (extreamely hard to see that now), but it's not just that - as a fan I want to see Lithuania perfoming well in every game (to have a strong profile generally). We are struggling and that's two years in a row now...

And now I'm not sure this team can play better anymore. Kemzūra destroyed the last drops of Valančiūnas' confidence, Kalnietis is out of shape, Kleiza and Mačiulis are unused (they can really give more), the halfcourt offense reminds 2009 Eurobasket (if not few passes by Šaras and some sparks by Kleiza, Pocius), our frontcourt is not existant...Defence haven't improved...And like it wouldn't be enough Lithuania became atrocious 3p shooting team...

And how smart was Motiejunas after all? :) The guy got more experience in 4 games than Jonas will probably collect in the whole Olympics :)

madmax
08-02-2012, 02:32 PM
It's not only your opinion. Most of Lithuania's BB experts hav enough criticism for Kemzura. Lithuania so far is playing the worst Olympic basketball in the whole history and it has to be said (and it had to be said that 5th place was a shitty place for hosting Lithuania in Eurobasket 2011, but only Sabas somehow was at least a little bit critical). And now Kemzura has no excuses like we don't have Kleiza and Mačiulis. He will use Javtokas' card, but that's not an excuse - Lithuania didn't shine in Venezuela as well. Maybe this team migh still somehow pass 4finals (extreamely hard to see that now), but it's not just that - as a fan I want to see Lithuania perfoming well in every game (to have a strong profile generally). We are struggling and that's two years in a row now...

And now I'm not sure this team can play better anymore. Kemzūra destroyed the last drops of Valančiūnas' confidence, Kalnietis is out of shape, Kleiza and Mačiulis are unused (they can really give more), the halfcourt offense reminds 2009 Eurobasket (if not few passes by Šaras and some sparks by Kleiza, Pocius), our frontcourt is not existant...Defence haven't improved...And like it wouldn't be enough Lithuania became atrocious 3p shooting team...

And how smart was Motiejunas after all? :) The guy got more experience in 4 games than Jonas will probably collect in the whole Olympics :)

touche...
If I was in Jonas' place, I would follow in Motiejunas' footsteps too and said "no thanks" to national federation untill that clown resigns from head coach position. It's getting embarrassing now how the kid is treated on this team, when the likes of washed up Songaila and Kavaliauskas are ahead of him in the rotation

macleopard13
08-02-2012, 02:39 PM
touche...
If I was in Jonas' place, I would follow in Motiejunas' footsteps too and said "no thanks" to national federation untill that clown resigns from head coach position. It's getting embarrassing now how the kid is treated on this team, when the likes of washed up Songaila and Kavaliauskas are ahead of him in the rotation

Well, then, why doesn't Sabas set a goal for Kemzura: make the semifinals or else you're off the team? I really want Kurtinaitis to take over - we wouldn't have vets wasting time, we'd have young guys running the show for most of the game.

Straight forward
08-02-2012, 02:43 PM
touche...

With Kemzura it's very likely :p He already has complicated relations with two of our talents - Motiejūnas and Gecevičius. People were blaming Motiejūnas because of the lack of patriotism - no it's not the case. Appearently he just knew Kemzura better. And I'm not suprised at all about all the issue with Motiejunas and Kemzura this summer. He would hug any veteran when he doesn't know what to do and his gameplan doesn't work.

Hepcat
08-02-2012, 02:51 PM

That's correct. Blaming the refs means you're refusing to learn from your mistakes. A team that blames the refs will not improve. Lithuanian fans at least are looking at things that might be improved.

I don't know what the problem is and whether Kemzūra is part of the problem. It could be that this Team Lietuva is just not that good. I've read some "expert" opinion that this Team Lietuva doesn't have the stars in their prime. Given the losses to eminently beatable teams such as Argentina and France, the experts could be correct. Very annoying but I guess we have to live with it.

:(

Nikoo
08-02-2012, 02:52 PM
On NBC they even talk how Tunisia might beat Lithuanian, you guys just hit the rock bottom in this Olympics. If I were Sabas, I'd hire Mike D'Antoni for coach and tell the best young PG to pack his bags and go to USA.

Hepcat
08-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Why are you surprised
Tony Parker, batum, diaw, seraphim.
Oh I forgot you are the guy who told me that this wasnt the nba.

What's your point? He's right. This isn't the NBA, and if it was, I wouldn't be watching. Nor would I care about the outcome. I prefer to watch sporting events that aren't strictly about the money.

:mad:

Straight forward
08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
On NBC they even talk how Tunisia might beat Lithuanian, you guys just hit the rock bottom in this Olympics. If I were Sabas, I'd hire Mike D'Antoni for coach and tell the best young PG to pack his bags and go to USA.

No surprise. Lithuania looks horrible so far. We look pretty much as say China in 2004 or 2008 (with all respetc...).

Hepcat
08-02-2012, 03:04 PM
If I were Sabas, I'd hire Mike D'Antoni for coach and tell the best young PG to pack his bags and go to USA.

Mike D'Antoni? A quick Google search for Mike D'Antoni reveals words such as "Epic Fail with Knicks". Somehow that wouldn't be where I'd look for a coach.

:confused:

Lietuvis
08-02-2012, 03:06 PM
The problem with Lithuania is shooting, making baskets! We cannot shoot like we used to and it seems the longer this team is together the more shots we keep missing. Brick after brick after brick. I dont feel confident anymore if Kleiza, Maciulis, Jasaitis, Kaukenas and so on get the ball, that its an easy bucket...Shooting 12/44 (28%) 3 pointers is totally pathetic and to see NBA calibre players miss open shots is not acceptable at this level.

There must be one game that we play when we can shoot the lights out! Hope its qtr final v Spain/Russia (considering we dont lose to Tunisia!!)

The next stat is turnovers, Lithuania is 3rd after Tunisia and Great Britain...averaging 15.7 per game.

Finally fouls, Lithuania is committing the most fouls in the tournament and putting the opposition to the charity stripe.

So, coach Kemzura, take a hard look at these numbers and use them as your KPIS and work out how you can change them around:
- MAKE THAT 3 POINTER COUNT (>45%)
- NO MORE TURNOVERS (<10 pg)
- WATCH THE FOULS!! (<20 pg)

As if this continues, Tunisia will win and no quarter finals and you will be out of a job!

Dtown
08-02-2012, 03:09 PM
*watches game on DVR, knows he has France by 7 in the prediction game, France up seven with the ball 3 seconds left :D Lithuania fouls!...:mad:*

usagre
08-02-2012, 03:25 PM
What's your point? He's right. This isn't the NBA, and if it was, I wouldn't be watching. Nor would I care about the outcome. I prefer to watch sporting events that aren't strictly about the money.

My point was how everyone and their mothers were underating France, forgetting the amount of nba talent that they possess

Hepcat
08-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Kemzūra destroyed the last drops of Valančiūnas' confidence....

touche...

With Kemzura it's very likely :p He already has complicated relations with two of our talents - Motiejūnas and Gecevičius. People were blaming Motiejūnas because of the lack of patriotism - no it's not the case. Appearently he just knew Kemzura better. And I'm not suprised at all about all the issue with Motiejunas and Kemzura this summer. He would hug any veteran when he doesn't know what to do and his gameplan doesn't work.

I get the distinct impression that you fellows are happy when a Team Lietuva that doesn't include your personal favourites fails because then you can say "I told you the coach was an idiot for not including so-and-so on the team!"

Hepcat
08-02-2012, 03:34 PM
My point was how everyone and their mothers were underating France, forgetting the amount of nba talent that they possess

Yes, but there's no close correlation between NBA talent and Olympic/World Championship basketball success, particularly when the United States is removed from the equation. France didn't look like a team coming into this tournament; the French team looked like a collection of individuals. The players have now come together as a team though.

Hepcat
08-02-2012, 03:39 PM
The problem with Lithuania is shooting, making baskets! We cannot shoot like we used to and it seems the longer this team is together the more shots we keep missing. Brick after brick after brick. I dont feel confident anymore if Kleiza, Maciulis, Jasaitis, Kaukenas and so on get the ball, that its an easy bucket...Shooting 12/44 (28%) 3 pointers is totally pathetic and to see NBA calibre players miss open shots is not acceptable at this level.

There must be one game that we play when we can shoot the lights out! Hope its qtr final v Spain/Russia (considering we dont lose to Tunisia!!)

The next stat is turnovers, Lithuania is 3rd after Tunisia and Great Britain...averaging 15.7 per game.

Finally fouls, Lithuania is committing the most fouls in the tournament and putting the opposition to the charity stripe.

So, coach Kemzura, take a hard look at these numbers and use them as your KPIS and work out how you can change them around:
- MAKE THAT 3 POINTER COUNT (>45%)
- NO MORE TURNOVERS (<10 pg)
- WATCH THE FOULS!! (<20 pg)

I agree. That's precisely where the problem has been. For whatever reason, the players' execution on the court has been no better than fair and has been simply poor far too often.

:confused:

usagre
08-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes, but there's no close correlation between NBA talent and Olympic/World Championship basketball success, particularly when the United States is removed from the equation. France didn't look like a team coming into this tournament; the French team looked like a collection of individuals. The players have now come together as a team though.

I have to disagree with you. Last years euro basket final was loaded with nba players. And even turkey in 2010 had Good nba players and they made it to the final. To me the only Abnormality was Greece in 2006 and we all know that was a Miracle

Shawshank
08-02-2012, 03:46 PM
When team loses its everybodys fault,its just not fair to put finger and one or other player.WHY AGAIN ITS SONGAILA FAULT??? today he didnt do well,but common his game this summer is atleast solid.But im tired to discuss this again,everytime soemething went wrong always are fault of those who are not such papular as kleiza or valanciunas.This is lithuanian menatlity put all blame on mazutis,jomantas or songaila doesnt matter that they play 10minutes a game.We just have to find quilty...

I THINK MOTSLY OF LITHUANIAN FANS SHOULD ASK QUESTION DO THS TEAM IS REALLY top4 team in this torunament? i think that usa,spain,france,argentina and russians are stronger...no matter what coach we should put...So demand for us make semifinal its asking alot for this team.And you can add javtokas,lavrinovic,motiejunas,gecevicius,delinink aitis same story we are just weaker on tallent wise...The only way we can win outwork and ourhustle stronger team in 1/4 game.

If this lithuania team will lose after fight 1/4 game its not tragedy,just its time when your former leaders are too old,and future leaders are too young in 2012 to win a medal.ITs imposiblle to be on the top in 6 olimpics games in a row..only usa can do that.People talking how poor we look and that this our worst olimpic games,forgetting that this olimpisc is strongest i have seen by far.Our team in 2008 wasnt a lot better than this in 2012,juts field is alot better in 2012.AND IF SOME POEPLE CAN SEE THAT,ITS THEIR OWN PROBLEM.

Hepcat
08-02-2012, 03:58 PM
When team loses its everybodys fault,its just not fair to put finger and one or other player.WHY AGAIN ITS SONGAILA FAULT???

That's correct. Songaila wasn't the one missing shots today. The worst problem today, and so far in the tournament, has been missed shots and Songaila made all the shots he took. The other two problems were fouls and turnovers, and Songaila only had one of each.

I THINK MOTSLY OF LITHUANIAN FANS SHOULD ASK QUESTION DO THS TEAM IS REALLY top4 team in this torunament? i think that usa,spain,france,argentina and russians are stronger...no matter what coach we should put...So demand for us make semifinal its asking alot for this team.And you can add javtokas,lavrinovic,motiejunas,gecevicius,delinink aitis same story we are just weaker on tallent wise...The only way we can win outwork and ourhustle stronger team in 1/4 game.

If this lithuania team will lose after fight 1/4 game its not tragedy,just its time when your former leaders are too old,and future leaders are too young in 2012 to win a medal.ITs imposiblle to be on the top in 6 olimpics games in a row..only usa can do that.People talking how poor we look and that this our worst olimpic games,forgetting that this olimpisc is strongest i have seen by far.Our team in 2008 wasnt a lot better than this in 2012,juts field is alot better in 2012.AND IF SOME POEPLE CAN SEE THAT,ITS THEIR OWN PROBLEM.

That's correct. I think the underlying problem with this team is that the talent pool is just not deep enough this year, particularly at center and point guard.

:(

Pleasant
08-02-2012, 04:29 PM

umad? ;)

The 2002, 2004, and 2006 Team USA squads also had the most NBA talent of any teams in their tourneys. Like everything else in basketball, the Olympics isn't just about talent, but anyway, my foot is in my mouth this time - France is not just the collection of athletic parts it seemed like against the US :)

Darknemo2000
08-02-2012, 05:35 PM
That's correct. Songaila wasn't the one missing shots today. The worst problem today, and so far in the tournament, has been missed shots and Songaila made all the shots he took. The other two problems were fouls and turnovers, and Songaila only had one of each.

Yeah but the big guy should grab rebounds or at least make it easier for other teammates to do so and with Songaila everytime unless it was out of bounds shot we got that ugly volleyball under our basket because Songaila lacks the size. he can defend against bigger opponents but that doesnt eliminate one of the main key problems - he cannot contest shots when others drive and he cannot control the glass.

The main thing about Songaila but was about Kemzura. He should have let Jonas in with 6 minutes to go in the fourth - Songaila and Kavaliauskas hard troublkes and were struggling while Valanciunas sat doen through the most of the game scored those 4 points in a span of couple of minutes but also contests shots something that Songaila doesnt do (not because he doesnt want to but because his height doesnt allow him to). We were alreadu in the minus with both Kavaliauskas and Songaila playing it wouldnt have hurt us to try Jonas again in case he lights up the spark.

Hepcat
08-02-2012, 05:49 PM
The main thing about Songaila but was about Kemzura. He should have let Jonas in with 6 minutes to go in the fourth.... it wouldnt have hurt us to try Jonas again in case he lights up the spark.

On that point I tend to agree. Kemzūra could/should have given Valančiūnas another try after his long stretch on the bench. Valančiūnas certainly had the time to study the game and reflect on what he could do better.

macleopard13
08-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Looks like Kemzura wants to quit his head coach position - he said that "we played well" against France and "we had no chances" against Argentina. What an ambitious guy :rolleyes:. Really, unless he makes the semifinals somehow, I want him OUT!

Straight forward
08-02-2012, 09:14 PM
I get the distinct impression that you fellows are happy when a Team Lietuva that doesn't include your personal favourites fails because then you can say "I told you the coach was an idiot for not including so-and-so on the team!"

I guess you are happy with current "quality". He can include whatever he wants. I'm surprised there's no Čiukinas or Anisimovas - experienced and solid big men. But since our NT sucks, I don't see the point to hesitate the criticism. IMO, there was too much conformism last two years because of so brilliant Kemzura's 2010...

kestiz
08-03-2012, 10:57 AM
i will just stay positive and say that im happy we atleast made it to the olympics all 6 times. Not that many teams from Europe can say that, remember !

I dont expect us to win much this year, but in 4 years it should be a lot different deal with D-mo / Jonas at their prime and Kleiza at his semi prime . Plus some players from the u20 team and players like pocius/dulkys and gecevicius with more experience it should look like a completely different team. I just hope that we will have atleast 1 solid star player, that is what we miss. Someone arround whom one can build the team. What our team is going through right now is rebuilding stage, while other teams like Russia/Spain/France are @ their prime with probably the deepest talent pool they ever had.

Shawshank
08-03-2012, 02:02 PM
i will just stay positive and say that im happy we atleast made it to the olympics all 6 times. Not that many teams from Europe can say that, remember !

I dont expect us to win much this year, but in 4 years it should be a lot different deal with D-mo / Jonas at their prime and Kleiza at his semi prime . Plus some players from the u20 team and players like pocius/dulkys and gecevicius with more experience it should look like a completely different team. I just hope that we will have atleast 1 solid star player, that is what we miss. Someone arround whom one can build the team. What our team is going through right now is rebuilding stage, while other teams like Russia/Spain/France are @ their prime with probably the deepest talent pool they ever had.

we are the only one europe team which participated in 1992-1996-2000-2004-2008-2012 olimpic games.So its 20 years and 2-3 generation changed and we still were finding ways to qualife from the strongest competion europe champs.Not only qualife but to make 5 semifinals in a row.Its has been done by 2 nations USA AND LITHUANIA.Our game isnt max we can do in this olimpic games,but 5 team are better in this olimpics by tallent,so its hard to compete with them.But i know that this team gonna give everything they got in 1/4 and if gonna end up short,its not because lithuanian suddenly forgot how to play game of basketball,Just tallent pool in this olimpic is very high quality.Brasil,Spain,France,Aregntina half teams are made of nba players...dont even mentione Usa who will just destroy this field.

I think its obviuos that for our long time leaders and veterans its last championship Jasikevicius,Kaukenas,Songaila (already we didnt took lavrinovic brothers) its last dance for them.BUt our reboulding wont be so painfull because we already have group of guys who are playing here.From 2013 new coach (mostly likely Kurtinaitis) should sign 4 year contrackt for next olimpic circle to prepare team for 2016 games.And we already have team Kleiza,Valanciunas,Kalnietis,Maciulis,Pocius,Seibu tis,Jankunas,Motiejunas to build around.Everything looks ok as always with our basketball

Hepcat
08-03-2012, 04:39 PM
I guess you are happy with current "quality".... IMO, there was too much conformism last two years because of so brilliant Kemzura's 2010...

I'm not pleased with the results so far, but I judge a coach only on the basis of the results achieved. I don't prejudge a coach prior to the start of a tournament.

jiggawhat
08-03-2012, 08:39 PM
By the way where is Turkey? How can you NOT make the olympics with Turkoglu, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter, and Ersan Ilyasova?

Impossible not to qualify for the olympics with that kind of team

Aegis
08-03-2012, 08:59 PM
By the way where is Turkey? How can you NOT make the olympics with Turkoglu, Omer Asik, Enes Kanter, and Ersan Ilyasova?

Of course it's possible.

At the latest eurobasket, they played Spain, France, Lithuania, Germany and Serbia in the first two rounds.
Since they lost to all of them (except Spain for the lulz), they failed to qualify through the tournament or finish with a ranking high enough to participate to the olympic qualification tournament.

Shawshank
08-03-2012, 09:52 PM

Have you watched last eurobasket2011 ? its was crazy teams like turkey,serbia,croatia,germany,slovenia didnt qualife even to olimpic qualification turnament...Teams like lithuania,russia,greece only qualified to qualification...and only spain and france got direct spot to olimpics...Fiba gives 2 direct spots and there are atleast 10 very strong teams who fighting for those spots...Its just not fair that they give 2 spots for europe...such team like china,nigeria,australia,tunisia wouldnt even make top12 in euro champ...Great Britain didnt made top12 in eurobasket2011...and they are playing here as the hosts...this system is wrong all i can say.Europe should have 5 direct spots...