NBC's Basketball coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC's Basketball coverage

Once again, NBC has found a way to f*%$ up the basketball coverage. In 2008, NBC's basketball dedicated cable channel was commercial-free and showed multiple replays throughout the day in case you missed a game. This time around, the dumb asses at the peacock network decided air commercials, often interrupting the game in the middle of action, and only show the broadcast of a particular game once a day. Sure, I could rewatch it on the internet but that's a lesser viewing experience than watching it live on a big TV screen in the comforts of your living room. NBC is such a joke.
    Last edited by Federoy; 07-31-2012, 02:23 AM.

I can't even watch it on the website, it's asking for my TV subscription, I don't have even a TV set! (I can still watch all the games online on Chinese sites, but I want to hear English commentaries.)
    aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by Federoy View Post
      Once again, NBC has found a way to f*%$ up the basketball coverage. In 2008, NBC's basketball dedicated cable channel was commercial-free and showed multiple replays throughout the day in case you missed a game. This time around, the dumb asses at the peacock network decided air commercials, often interrupting the game in the middle of action, and only show the broadcast of a particular game once a day. Sure, I could rewatch it on the internet but that's a lesser viewing experience than watching it live on a big TV screen in the comforts of your living room. NBC is such a joke.
      They're currently on their third airing of the Russia-Brazil women. The US men's game yesterday was replayed at least twice.

I recall one time yesterday when they screwed up and came back from a commercial late but I haven't seen them interrupt the middle of play with one.

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
      I can't even watch it on the website, it's asking for my TV subscription, I don't have even a TV set! (I can still watch all the games online on Chinese sites, but I want to hear English commentaries.)
      Yeah, a lot of people are annoyed with that one. Seems like "authenticated" streaming is the wave of the future though.
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
        They're currently on their third airing of the Russia-Brazil women. The US men's game yesterday was replayed at least twice.

I recall one time yesterday when they screwed up and came back from a commercial late but I haven't seen them interrupt the middle of play with one.

Yeah, a lot of people are annoyed with that one. Seems like "authenticated" streaming is the wave of the future though.
        I don't know who your service provider is, but I assure you that Direct TV hasn't shown ANY US men or women's games on replay....not once. The only replays I've seen haven't shown the games in their entirely. They always seem to start off in the middle of the first quarter, and that's only the first two or three matches of the day. Dude, I'm not exaggerating. For example, during today's Russia vs. Brazil match-up, NBC twice interrupted the game during dead ball situations. They go to a commercial break and the game is two minutes ahead when they resume broadcasting. In this day-and-age, live interruptions like that shouldn't happend. Like in 2008, there shouldn't be any commercials on a decidated station on satelite/cable television. Its a joke.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information