Lithuania

Group B
    Spain
    Australia
    China
    Great Britain
    Brazil
    Russia

Group B gets stronger with Russia, Nigeria will get to face off with Tunisia, and we'll get Lithuania vs the US again
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

C'mon China, just one win. Do it for Asia.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Not cool that they gave spot to GB and took it away from some other team which deserves to be in olympics way more than hosts. I do not like automatic entry for hosts rule.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
        Not cool that they gave spot to GB and took it away from some other team which deserves to be in olympics way more than hosts. I do not like automatic entry for hosts rule.
        Judging by OQT, I doubt that Dominican Rep., which was closest team to qualify, is better than GB

Btw, this time it wasnt automatic entry. GB must have qualify to any Eurobasket (2009 or 2011) to enter the competition, they qualified to both and wasn't pushovers, even though final standings maybe doesn't look that great, but certainly they had tough luck with draw both times. However, even they completed this task, FIBA even after that didn't give them instant entry... It took some meetings, discussion to grant it. IMO they deserves to be there, they proved it. And IMO they are surely capable to beat Australia and China to qualify to knock-out stage

Comment

great post mindozas, weve improved massively from the days of losing 93-39 to italy at home in a eurobasket 2003 qualifier and then not even entering eurobasket 2005 to from there sweeping straight through division b, through division a, qualifiying for two straight eurobaskets (in 2011 qualifying fairly before the expanion) and proving not to be push overs, in almost all games against the top nations and then posting wins against poland and portugal, in 2009 we had spain up 4 with 3mins left with the ball which had this actually held up would have put spain out after 2 games

i would agree with greekmeister had we remained floating in division b or couldnt qualify, or did qualify and got blown out by 30+ every game, but that wasnt the case, we made massive strides in just a few years

and even then some people would argue that hosts pay a lot of money for these tourneys (that can proove to be gambles financially) and that alone atleast should reserve a place, i wouldnt agree entirely myself with that, but our massive improvement alone should warant a place

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
            Draw has been done!

Group A
            USA
            Argentina
            France
            Tunisia
            Nigeria
            Lithuania

Group B
            Spain
            Australia
            China
            Great Britain
            Brazil
            Russia

...we'll get Lithuania vs the US again
            Yay! There is no better ad for an independent Lithuania than a big game between Team U.S.A. and Team Lietuva!

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information