PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinals: Lithuania vs. Puerto Rico

macleopard13
07-05-2012, 03:19 AM
Context: Puerto Rico lost its final game in group stage against Greece 84:98. Lithuania lost its final game in group stage against Nigeria 80:86.

Will the Green Army overrun Puerto Rico or will the dynamic red-and-blue take a giant leap to the Olympics once again?

July 6th @ 19:30 GMT-4:30

Viewing times:
• Lithuania - 3:00
• Puerto Rico - 8:00 P.M.
• United States (Boston, New York, Detroit, Cleveland, Miami) - 8:00 P.M.
• United States (Chicago, Houston, Dallas) - 7:00 P.M.
• United States (Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle) - 5:00 P.M.
• Venezuela - 19:30
• Great Britain & Ireland - 1:00

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1306/kleiram.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/kleiram.jpg/)

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/1309/litpuer.jpg

saalsapr
07-05-2012, 03:37 AM
Puerto Rico: Dont start Arroyo and Barea at the same time. Make sure we capture rebounds and run the fast break as lithuanians have shown to have a problem with their transition defense.

Lithuanians: Shut down puerto rican guards, send everybody to grab rebounds, and look to get every mismatch possible, specially if Arroyo and Barea are both on the court together.

Victorious
07-05-2012, 04:04 AM
Obviously it's not 19.30 GMT. Change it.

macleopard13
07-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Obviously it's not 19.30 GMT. Change it.

According to Fiba.com, it's exactly that (19:30 GMT-4:30).

JGX
07-05-2012, 05:11 AM
The Lithuanians have only been in the Americas for a couple weeks, so they are probably still losing 15 points a game to the jet lag. But when is the last time Puerto Rico won an important game? The only safe predictions are that if Lithuania loses, their fans will whine about having to get on a plane for the tournament, and if Puerto Rico loses, their fans will claim that if [obscure player that once helped them to a heroic 21st place finish] had been playing, it would have been totally different.

Shawshank
07-05-2012, 05:41 AM
we got the toughest oponent in 1/4 from all 4 european teams,but this fact is that we knew that will happen before tournament started.Now everything we have we have to put on this game...Hard to predict the outcome,but we gonna fight and hope for best.GOOOOOOOOO LIETUVA!

MZT Skopje
07-05-2012, 01:03 PM
LTU 1.39
Porto Riko 2.80

Tasos Peiraias
07-05-2012, 01:19 PM
• Lithuania - 3:00
• Puerto Rico - 8:00 P.M.
• United States (Boston, New York, Detroit, Cleveland, Miami) - 8:00 P.M.
• United States (Chicago, Houston, Dallas) - 7:00 P.M.
• United States (Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle) - 5:00 P.M.
• Venezuela - 19:30
• Great Britain & Ireland - 1:00

In Greece the match is in 3:00pm.:mad:

Mindozas
07-05-2012, 01:21 PM
LTU 1.39
Porto Riko 2.80

2.80 is low, you can find up to 3.40 for PR, which is rather big, in other words Liths are rated like ~70/30 favorite here. I don't think so. Wouldn't give more than 55/45 or so

Lithuania proved one thing so far here - they are unstable as hell, defense is shaky, shooting inconsistant. When you face crazy shooting and running teams like Puerto-Rico is - that could mean big trouble. If Lithuania will shoot like they did against Venezuela or like Greece did yesterday - then it should be a win, cause I don't rely on our defense at all, but if the shots won't fall - we might be screwed. If I'd be forced to bet here - I'd go with value bet on Puerto-Rico with such odds

MZT Skopje
07-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Bwin never give good odds. Bet-at-home better.

LTU favourite 60/40 according to me. +8 points LTU.

Wide
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM
2.80 is low, you can find up to 3.40 for PR, which is rather big, in other words Liths are rated like ~70/30 favorite here. I don't think so. Wouldn't give more than 55/45 or so

Lithuania proved one thing so far here - they are unstable as hell, defense is shaky, shooting inconsistant. When you face crazy shooting and running teams like Puerto-Rico is - that could mean big trouble. If Lithuania will shoot like they did against Venezuela or like Greece did yesterday - then it should be a win, cause I don't rely on our defense at all, but if the shots won't fall - we might be screwed. If I'd be forced to bet here - I'd go with value bet on Puerto-Rico with such odds

I would not say Lithuania's shooting against Nigeria was bad. It was perfectly acceptable. The three main problems yesterday were turnovers (resulting in easy baskets by Nigeria), perimeter defense and rebounding. The last factor was key. Nigeria got 10 offensive rebounds, Kalnietis and the whole team never got into fast-break rhythm. Athleticism played a part, but Lithuania should be able to handle it through teamwork and skill. The problems are perhaps both systematic (defense) and fatigue/motivation related (turnovers).

Now, Puerto Rico may be a very, very unfortunate opponent for Lithuania. Barea will waste no time with penetrations and his teammates will have to deliver from outside. Still, Lithuania, with the right mindset, should be able to close the deal.

Mindozas
07-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Bwin never give good odds. Bet-at-home better.

LTU favourite 60/40 according to me. +8 points LTU.

Try pinnaclesports if you like to bet on bball ;) Good odds for basketball, trustworthy bookie

Illegal2k10
07-05-2012, 01:53 PM
actually a shocking defeat against Nigeria might help in this one:) I believe this time all the players will be 100% focused.

Hepcat
07-05-2012, 02:34 PM
The Lithuanians have only been in the Americas for a couple weeks, so they are probably still losing 15 points a game to the jet lag. The only safe predictions are that if Lithuania loses, their fans will whine about having to get on a plane for the tournament....

No excuses. None!

I would not say Lithuania's shooting against Nigeria was bad. It was perfectly acceptable. The three main problems yesterday were turnovers (resulting in easy baskets by Nigeria), perimeter defense and rebounding. The last factor was key. Nigeria got 10 offensive rebounds, Kalnietis and the whole team never got into fast-break rhythm. Athleticism played a part, but Lithuania should be able to handle it through teamwork and skill. The problems are perhaps both systematic (defense) and fatigue/motivation related (turnovers).

I agree. You are precisely correct. Shooting was not their problem overall although Kalnietis did have a miserable day from the field.

actually a shocking defeat against Nigeria might help in this one:) I believe this time all the players will be 100% focused.

It better help, because it's certainly left Lithuanian basketball with a long-term black eye.

:mad:

macleopard13
07-05-2012, 03:52 PM

Yes, remember last year? We lost to Macedonia, but then played quite well against Slovenia and Greece to take 5th place. I hope that that's what'll happen for the next couple of days.

I really hope Kemzura puts Dulkys into his game plan. That guy's a good defender, athletic, fast and can shoot the ball, can pass, can rebound. If he worked his ass off in the last friendly to make the team, then why can't he play?

rocketstar47
07-05-2012, 04:18 PM
GO Boricuans!

PRSURF
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I think Puerto Rico will loose by +15...

cardenales
07-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Cmon PRSURF, you can do better than that. Puerto Rico can win this game, dont matter how tough Lithuania is.

mochoso
07-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Close game but PR is not consistent, and Barea/Arroyo cant star the game

stojanov8
07-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Go Porto Riko ! beat losers lithaunia who thinks they best!! !

sorry we beat you after that :(

Olympiacos
07-05-2012, 07:00 PM
The Lithuanians have only been in the Americas for a couple weeks, so they are probably still losing 15 points a game to the jet lag. But when is the last time Puerto Rico won an important game? The only safe predictions are that if Lithuania loses, their fans will whine about having to get on a plane for the tournament, and if Puerto Rico loses, their fans will claim that if [obscure player that once helped them to a heroic 21st place finish] had been playing, it would have been totally different.

So you are claiming that both Lithuanians and Puerto Ricans will already have pre built in excuses made up ahead of time in case of a loss?

If that is the case, then they must have learned it from Team USA fans, as they are the masters of this, with their 1 million built in excuses before any game, in case of a loss.

Tasos Peiraias
07-05-2012, 07:14 PM
This will be a very close game.
If Lithuania play as she played in the match against Nigeria,
they will loose with 30 points difference.
If the Lithuanian players are confused,
they may win.

Hepcat
07-05-2012, 07:33 PM
This will be a very close game.If the Lithuanian players are confused, they may win.

That doesn't make sense.

:confused:

Victorious
07-05-2012, 08:28 PM
I will make an easier prediction. The winner will go to the Olympics.

LFGC79
07-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Dont mind JGX. A PR dude screwed the only girl he ever loved, and he has never recovered. He is has been hating on PR for several years now. If you ignore him it will be better....

saalsapr
07-05-2012, 08:29 PM
So you are claiming that both Lithuanians and Puerto Ricans will already have pre built in excuses made up ahead of time in case of a loss?

If that is the case, then they must have learned it from Team USA fans, as they are the masters of this, with their 1 million built in excuses before any game, in case of a loss.

Its true, US fans have excuses even for close wins. I should know, I have MLB, NBA, and NFL teams.:)

That doesn't make sense.

He must have meant lithuanians are the drunken masters of basketball, the more lost they seem, the more dangerous they are.

macleopard13
07-06-2012, 12:01 AM

Who says we're the best? You're trying to avoid us in the semifinals, aren't you? :)

This will be an interesting game to watch nevertheless. If we play focused, motivated, hustle for the ball every time and grab rebounds, we'll be all right. We need to play like our lives depend on this match. And that means no silly turnovers, careless passes, giving up on rebounds.

He must have meant lithuanians are the drunken masters of basketball, the more lost they seem, the more dangerous they are.

That's not true at all. When we're lost, we're lost, unfortunately :(.

GustavoGanso
07-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Will the Venezuelans fans support Puerto Rico next game? let's see, tomorrow will be a great basketball day!

shaolin95
07-06-2012, 03:39 AM
This is the game I didn't want to see...at least no in this single elimination phase. :\
I have too many Lithuanian friends and great love for Lietuva :) Even have a huge flag in my living room! I will be watching this game with my friend from Vilnius (well she is from Silute actually).
I will not be happy with either getting eliminated so is a no win situation for me but of course, I want Puerto Rico to win. Anyways, is going to be hard. I think the worst thing that happened to Puerto Rico was that previous Lithuanian loss. I expect them to come out at 100% after that shock.
We do have players to play a good game but it seems to last only 3 quarters usually. If we are at full speed mentally then this will be one hell of a game so I cannot wait to see it even if the outcome is going to leave a not so happy feeling even if we win.
I think the key here is for Arroyo to wake up and play more like he did in Argentina...we shall see.
Good luck to both teams...as myliu Lietuva! :)

Mindozas
07-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Will the Venezuelans fans support Puerto Rico next game? let's see, tomorrow will be a great basketball day!

I have no doubts they'll support PR. They would do it anyways IMO, even if Venezuela would have been qualified. Another question how many fans we'll see. There was poor number of them in previous games, now with Venezuela gone, somehow I think interest of the tournament will fall even more...

Tasos Peiraias
07-06-2012, 07:37 AM
That doesn't make sense.

Oh,sorry,I meant <careful>.:p

Tasos Peiraias
07-06-2012, 08:21 AM

Do you think that you are better?:p

madmax
07-06-2012, 08:21 AM
PR will win tonight and maybe, just maybe that useless coach of ours will be gone for good too...I'm astonished that bookies consider Liths favourites in this matchup - latin american boys are too fast for our slow and old guards to handle.

Shawshank
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
PR will win tonight and maybe, just maybe that useless coach of ours will be gone for good too...I'm astonished that bookies consider Liths favourites in this matchup - latin american boys are too fast for our slow and old guards to handle.

Cry baby cry...But dont forget to click on tv 3 am tonight i have feeling you gonna be suprised ...You are like broken cassete reapeting same shit after same shit 2 years now...I think you should wait until our team gonna be elimitated...than you will give a statement DINDT I SAY YOU THIS? if he had motiejuans and gecevicius we should have beaten USA and in gold in olimpics right ? :D Can you find something new to say,kemzura is that kemuzra is that Im sick of those bullshit you bringing time after time.THERE ARENT COACH IN TEH WORLD who WOULD SATIESFaid all lithuanians fans such men doesnt exist!!! So dont watch lietuva play when kemzura is in charge,because are you not fan,You are shit! Fans beleives and support their national team no matter what,and you are really shitty men,you are waiting when kemzura and our team gonna fail...Once again go away we dont need such fans like you

madmax
07-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Cry baby cry...But dont forget to click on tv 3 am tonight i have feeling you gonna be suprised ...You are like broken cassete reapeting same shit after same shit 2 years now...I think you should wait until our team gonna be elimitated...than you will give a statement DINDT I SAY YOU THIS? if he had motiejuans and gecevicius we should have beaten USA and in gold in olimpics right ? :D Can you find something new to say,kemzura is that kemuzra is that Im sick of those bullshit you bringing time after time.THERE ARENT COACH IN TEH WORLD who WOULD SATIESFaid all lithuanians fans such men doesnt exist!!! So dont watch lietuva play when kemzura is in charge,because are you not fan,You are shit! Fans beleives and support their national team no matter what,and you are really shitty men,you waiting when kemzura and our team gonna fail...Once again go away we dont need such fans like you

deary me - so many emotions and so little sense in this post.
I've given up on this team since last year already and so far I've been proven right EVERY SINGLE TIME. So please, don't make me laugh by playing patriotic card here - I honestly can give two craps what delusional fanboys like yourself think...

Shawshank
07-06-2012, 09:10 AM
deary me - so many emotions and so little sense in this post.
I've given up on this team since last year already and so far I've been proven right EVERY SINGLE TIME. So please, don't make me laugh by playing patriotic card here - I honestly can give two craps what delusional fanboys like yourself think...

So if you give up on this team WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE DOING AND COMMENTING ON TEAM that you gave up ? GO AWAY! Theres no patriotic card here,real fans always will find what not to like in their teams they support,but only SHITTY FANS Like you ARE WAITING FOR failures...and than they are saying didnt i say you this and bla bla...You are disrecpect to any real fan of any team or national team.

You were right every single time so far ? cha cha we got the lithuanian einstein here :)) i can only wish our players will prove to this shitty fan with their game tonigh and atleast for one day shut such antifans up...GO LIETUVA real fans believe you can do it !

madmax
07-06-2012, 09:27 AM
So if you give up on this team WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE DOING AND COMMENTING ON TEAM that you gave up ? GO AWAY! Theres no patriotic card here,real fans always will find what not to like in their teams they support,but only SHITTY FANS Like you ARE WAITING FOR failures...and than they are saying didnt i say you this and bla bla...You are disrecpect to any real fan of any team or national team.

You were right every single time so far ? cha cha we got the lithuanian einstein here :)) Man i wish our players will proven to this shitty fan and atleast for one day shut him up...GO LIETUVA real fans believe you can do it !

are only "real" fans allowed to express their opinion here?:confused: How about the realistic ones, who can see all the insurmountable flaws of this team? Just because I don't thump my chest and pose like a "true fan", I'm somehow worse than the likes of you? GTFO with this nazi BS from here...

Mojado
07-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Trolling - Every year when its time for FIBA senior NT competitions...;)
1 Greek, 1 PR, 1 MKD troll spotted...missing the second MKD troll thhough...

Tasos Peiraias
07-06-2012, 09:41 AM
Trolling - Every year when its time for FIBA senior NT competitions...;)
1 Greek, 1 PR, 1 MKD troll spotted...missing the second MKD troll thhough...
I am the Greek troller!!!:cool:

fasoulaki
07-06-2012, 09:45 AM

Shit! I have to try hard to surpass you! :D

Mojado
07-06-2012, 09:49 AM

;) 15 points go tooooo Greece :cool:

Shawshank
07-06-2012, 09:53 AM
are only "real" fans allowed to express their opinion here?:confused: How about the realistic ones, who can see all the insurmountable flaws of this team? Just because I don't thump my chest and pose like a "true fan", I'm somehow worse than the likes of you? GTFO with this nazi BS from here...

Put in your head this i wont reapeat : Fan is person who's no matter what support the team he supported for many many years.You are creature callec himself realistic fan witch support teams when they are winning .Real fan suport comes form bottom of their hearts and they never would had said thing like in 2011 and 2012 i wouldnt supported my team,because there were useless coach.But in 2013 when there gonna be other coach maybe i will support it .And this creature is you and you definetely not fan...Fans dont act like you and dont wish they team to loose,just because they could prove some personal opinion like you do right here about kemzura...

Better tonight puerturico wins in other case you lithuanian einstein gonna look stupid...

Tasos Peiraias
07-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Shit! I have to try hard to surpass you! :D
You always be 2nd!!;)

Straight forward
07-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Lithuania takes that if they'll bring and A game no matter how good would be Puerto Rico tonight.

The key of the loss against Nigeria was Kalnieitis horrible performance, IMO.

Illegal2k10
07-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Lithuania takes that if they'll bring and A game no matter how good would be Puerto Rico tonight.

Kalnietis is not the only who should be blamed. He and Maciulis were shooting 2/16 combined and Valanciunas was a disaster at clucth moments. Not to mention all the team showed 'blah, we dont care' attitude:)

Straight forward
07-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Kalnietis is not the only who should be blamed. He and Maciulis were shooting 2/16 combined and Valanciunas was a disaster at clucth moments. Not to mention all the team showed 'blah, we dont care' attitude:)

I didn't say it's the only reason, but Kalnieits' performance was the key I think. As a point guard he's not only made some horrible moves (shots), but at the same time disbalanced all the team. He's the main point guard and he was just sinking the team. But I'm pretty sure he'll be different tonight. He was great against Venezuela.

macleopard13
07-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Put in your head this i wont reapeat : Fan is person who's no matter what support the team he supported for many many years.You are creature callec himself realistic fan witch support teams when they are winning .Real fan suport comes form bottom of their hearts and they never would had said thing like in 2011 and 2012 i wouldnt supported my team,because there were useless coach.But in 2013 when there gonna be other coach maybe i will support it .And this creature is you and you definetely not fan...Fans dont act like you and dont wish they team to loose,just because they could prove some personal opinion like you do right here about kemzura...

Better tonight puerturico wins in other case you lithuanian einstein gonna look stupid...

All right, break up the fight :D.

I think a true fan can criticize his team. But a true fan never lets pessimism get in his way of his perception of the situation. You can't say outright that who will win or lose - there's been plenty of surprises in this tournament so that no one can be 100% certain. The only thing you can do is hope that your team will win. If you cheer against your team or only focus on the negatives of your team, then you're not a real fan of that team.

madmax
07-06-2012, 05:28 PM

I think it's about time you calm down and get it through your thick skin - you don't need to be a fan of particular team in order to criticize it...and I never called myself a fan of THIS team anyway, so spare me your condescending tone pal. I think this coach and his style suck and I have no reason to think otherwise. Goodbye now

auris1
07-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Totally agree - and if I may add,this was very uncharacteristic of him.
He was out of the game,taking one bad decision after another,and missing shots too.
What worries me is the fact that he is not kind of player who after bad game can shake it off easily.
He needs trust and minutes to build up his confidence.
Bearing this in mind,he played beyond bad.
So maybe half decent game from him would suffice.

auris1
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
All right, break up the fight :D.

I think a true fan can criticize his team. But a true fan never lets pessimism get in his way of his perception of the situation. ......The only thing you can do is hope that your team will win. If you cheer against your team or only focus on the negatives of your team, then you're not a real fan of that team.
Amen to that.
Sir,I applaud you for putting my exact feelings into your so beautifully composed post.
As long as there is a game to play,there is a chance to win.
Max,honestly,cut this crap.We all here for the sake of one team,hoping and praying,and drinking in my case ,for the win.
Why don't you just enjoy anticipation?
The rest seems to

auris1
07-06-2012, 06:01 PM
and I never called myself a fan of THIS team anyway, so spare me your condescending tone pal. I think this coach and his style suck and I have no reason to think otherwise. Goodbye now
That just plain stupid
In this case,if you need sure win,you should be supporting Harlem globetrotters

Hepcat
07-06-2012, 06:43 PM
This is the game I didn't want to see...at least no in this single elimination phase. :\

I have too many Lithuanian friends and great love for Lietuva :) Even have a huge flag in my living room! I will be watching this game with my friend from (Silute).

Good luck to both teams...as myliu Lietuva! :)

Cool! Have you ever visited Lithuania?

:cool:

I think the worst thing that happened to Puerto Rico was that previous Lithuanian loss. I expect them to come out at 100% after that shock.

I think you are right. The game against Nigeria was a wakeup call for the Lithuanian team and I think they'll come out with something to prove.

:)

Hepcat
07-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I think a true fan can criticize his team. But a true fan never lets pessimism get in his way of his perception of the situation. You can't say outright that who will win or lose - there's been plenty of surprises in this tournament so that no one can be 100% certain. The only thing you can do is hope that your team will win. If you cheer against your team or only focus on the negatives of your team, then you're not a real fan of that team.

I agree. You don't stop supporting your team because you don't like the coach or even some of the players. Coaches and players come and go but a real fan still wears his colours proudly and exults in their victories and is despondent with defeats.

shaolin95
07-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Cool! Have you ever visited Lithuania?

I think you are right. The game against Nigeria was a wakeup call for the Lithuanian team and I think they'll come out with something to prove.

:)

I have not gone there yet but that is my destination in November! :) I am learning as much as I can of the language in the mean time. As truputi kalbu lietuviskai :)
Yeah this is a tough game for sure maybe a 35/65 change for Puerto Rico.

Migelitas
07-06-2012, 07:12 PM
I have not gone there yet but that is my destination in November! :) I am learning as much as I can of the language in the mean time. As truputi kalbu lietuviskai :)
Yeah this is a tough game for sure maybe a 35/65 change for Puerto Rico.

Well, you are a brave man to come to Lithuania in november from sunny Puerto Rico.

Hepcat
07-06-2012, 07:24 PM
But if he comes much earlier, he won't get to see any LKL games! I hear he's a big fan of Rūdupis Prienai.

;)

shaolin95
07-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Well, you are a brave man to come to Lithuania in november from sunny Puerto Rico.

Actually I live in Utah and I love the cold and snow so I cant wait to enjoy the cold there too! :D
Gosh the tension is building...I just hope that at least we put of a good fight not a 10+ difference or something :D

macleopard13
07-06-2012, 07:56 PM
Gosh the tension is building...I just hope that at least we put of a good fight not a 10+ difference or something :D

I'm getting more and more nervous as the game time is approaching :D.

auris1
07-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm getting more and more nervous as the game time is approaching :D.
What else would you expect?
I asked for a day off at work tomorrow,anticipating a game and I lied.
Judging by the amount of empty cans lying around me it was a right call,but no way I will be able to stay awake till the game starts.
Damn this pressure
PS
I work in Glasgow McDonald's

Lietuvis
07-06-2012, 08:18 PM
I am starting to think having this tournament in Venesuela now is bad on the European teams as they are going down one after the other to the Africans and South Americans. Must be a southern hemisphere thing?!

I think Puerto Rico will continue this and win as for some reason this climate there is not suitable for our team!! :(

Lietuvis
07-06-2012, 08:19 PM
What else would you expect?
I asked for a day off at work tomorrow,anticipating a game and I lied.
Judging by the amount of empty cans lying around me it was a right call,but no way I will be able to stay awake till the game starts.
Damn this pressure

Yeh here here to the cans around ya, I just got 4 lites of Utenos Pilsener and will crack one any minute now so I can stay up for these last 2 games!

shaolin95
07-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I am still at work but I leave in time for the game and my friend in Vilnius went to sleep so I will be her Alarm clock :D
Gosh the drama is surely building up. I saw we are ranked 17th in the world, even though there are some teams that we can beat easily above us, but you guys are like 5th..a powerhouse for sure. Of course, those things dont always count but the reality is, we are the underdog :D

Hepcat
07-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I think Puerto Rico will continue this and win as for some reason this climate there is not suitable for our team!! :(

That's how I felt when I stepped off the plane in the Bahamas on an October day some years ago. I felt as out of place with my deep blue eyes as a polar bear! I've not returned. I won't even visit New Orleans between May and October now.

:eek:

Blackway
07-06-2012, 08:35 PM
50/50 game with fans on PR side

PnR will be the difference

Straight forward
07-06-2012, 08:47 PM
PnR will be the difference

Barely. At least for Lithuanians. There was no connection between centers and guards so far. Lithuania sticks to perimeter offense way too much (as always). That's concern and that's what I dislike about this team. Maybe tonight it will be different picture.

Lietuvis
07-06-2012, 09:12 PM
I am still at work but I leave in time for the game and my friend in Vilnius went to sleep so I will be her Alarm clock :D
Gosh the drama is surely building up. I saw we are ranked 17th in the world, even though there are some teams that we can beat easily above us, but you guys are like 5th..a powerhouse for sure. Of course, those things dont always count but the reality is, we are the underdog :D

I dont think you are the underdog as this is like a home game for PR and the whole crowd will be behind you!!

auris1
07-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeh here here to the cans around ya, I just got 4 lites of Utenos Pilsener and will crack one any minute now so I can stay up for these last 2 games!
you,clever git)
not sure what you mean by 4 lites,but i assume it is 8 bottles.
So myself.
7 hours before the game i had my first drink.
An hour later it was 4 cans done
2 hours - another 3
3 hours later- i managed to lick another can.
2 and a half hours to go -
i am off to off to CO- OP for a few beers,bottle of vodka or gin,and a bottle of wine for my lady.who is soundly asleep as of 8 pm with my little boy.
My body clock stops me from drinking around 11-30 pm,if that
i will be back with update

Illegal2k10
07-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Now its not only Lithuania-Puerto Rico, we are defending the honor of European basketball too.:P

FPJ
07-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Lithuania need to improve their game if they want to have a chance today.

I really hope they do, but to be honest i didn't like how they are playing, they seem to be confused, no focus.

J-Mart
07-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Venezuela is on the Northern Hemisphere :P

mochoso
07-06-2012, 11:18 PM
The only way out for Lithuania to get the win is draining 3s all game like Greece did to us. Otherwise, tomorrow Lithuania will join Greece and Macedonia at the Simon Bolivar airport

JGX
07-06-2012, 11:18 PM
you,clever git)
So myself.
2 hours - another 3
i am off to off to CO- OP for a few beers,bottle of vodka or gin,and a bottle of wine for my lady.who is soundly asleep as of 8 pm with my little boy.

This is why Lithuania should be everyone's favorite Euro team.

A PR-DR derby with an Olympic spot on the line wouldn't be bad though.

Lietuvis
07-06-2012, 11:21 PM
you,clever git)
So myself.
2 hours - another 3

hehe litres (typo) those big bottles you get in Maxima :) ok 1 down 1 more to go pacing it out..damn sick in the gits now with the DR win...

auris1
07-06-2012, 11:22 PM
f.. the honours
I had great time watching them two games just now.
Until it dawn to me - if it follows the trend,we are going down too.
lets just recoup the moment - both European teams were up by as much as 15 points at some point.
And they lost the lead.There is a pattern,so-
All i am saying is- as soon as Lithuanian is loosing by 10, I will feel safe.
we will win,right?
do i make sense?

Lietuvis
07-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Like I said before macedonian game..this place to have all these teams from south america in their home grond works against the european teams..tournament should have been in new zealand!

Blackway
07-06-2012, 11:23 PM
you,clever git)
So myself.
2 hours - another 3
Stay strong

septynix
07-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Well I feel like a total noob buying only and drinking all 4 beers even before the game started :/. At least I've still got some wine. Yes, wine, because I'm classy! (also it was real cheap)

Lietuvis
07-06-2012, 11:25 PM
f.. the honours
I had great time watching them two games just now.
Until it dawn to me - if it follows the trend,we are going down too.
lets just recoup the moment - both European teams were up by as much as 15 points at some point.
And they lost the lead.There is a pattern,so-
All i am saying is- as soon as Lithuanian is loosing by 10, I will feel safe.
we will win,right?
do i make sense?

Lietuva always has 3rd quarter blues..I am sick of the countless games we have a lead and lose bad in the third qtr...My guess is this 3rd qtr we will get pummelled

auris1
07-06-2012, 11:26 PM
hehe litres (typo) those big bottles you get in Maxima :) ok 1 down 1 more to go pacing it out..damn sick in the gits now with the DR win...

i think you are suppose to say like "sic"
if quoting a mistake
But still
What a bloody pussy you are, buying just 8 bottles.
When you get half drunk,let me know what team you played for.
Just pm me

macleopard13
I hope Greek and Macedonian fans will join in support of Lithuania. We're the last European team to play today. The time is coming. I'm pushing 200 BPM now!

Italian Pride
when does it start ?

Straight forward
07-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Lietuva always has 3rd quarter blues..I am sick of the countless games we have a lead and lose bad in the third qtr...My guess is this 3rd qtr we will get pummelled

You are way too nervous here, take some glass just as auris1 does :)

macleaopard, couldn't you find even uglier photo of Valančiūnas? :P

Dtown
07-06-2012, 11:29 PM
I can't even imagine the stress on both sets of fans, I remember going into this tournament this round was supposed to be the easy one for most teams, what a difference a few days makes.

macleopard13
07-06-2012, 11:36 PM
macleaopard, couldn't you find even uglier photo of Valančiūnas? :P

What, isn't it ugly enough? :D

when does it start ?

In 20 minutes, my friend :(.

You are way too nervous here, take some glass just as auris1 does :)

No, I get drunk way too easily ;).

MJ was an alien
07-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Ok Lithuanians, i'm usually with the underdogs but i hope you win. Good luck!

auris1
07-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Well I feel like a total noob buying only and drinking all 4 beers even before the game started :/. At least I've still got some wine. Yes, wine, because I'm classy! (also it was real cheap)
I like your thinking.But...
You are lame because of just 4 beers
even more lame if you think you will get some wine to drink,because it is not you,it is your better half, right?Who will drink it...?
I have wine,vodka and beer.
I want none anymore

Lietuvis
07-06-2012, 11:42 PM
i think you are suppose to say like "sic"
if quoting a mistake
But still
What a bloody pussy you are, buying just 8 bottles.
When you get half drunk,let me know what team you played for.
Just pm me

Mate 8 is enough for me tonight as have massive week coming up so need a few days to recover!
oh, maybe a hint in that first sentence?!:)

Illegal2k10
07-06-2012, 11:42 PM
even more lame if you think you will get some wine to drink,because it is not you,it is your better half, right?Who will drink it...?
I have wine,vodka and beer.
I want none anymore
wait till the game starts :D

auris1
07-06-2012, 11:43 PM
I hope Greek and Macedonian fans will join in support of Lithuania.
Why does it matter?
How will it help us?
But yes,pressure is there
Love you

MJ was an alien

Cheap wine can kill your stomach :)

Italian Pride
In 20 minutes, my friend :(.

thanks...

good luck ...

where i can find streaming?

Illegal2k10
07-06-2012, 11:45 PM
thanks...

good luck ...

myp2p.pe offers few streams:)

auris1
07-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Mate 8 is enough for me tonight as have massive week coming up so need a few days to recover!
oh, maybe a hint in that first sentence?!:)
Right,maybe i will put this on my 37 inch tv screen JUST to see your hint
Nope,not here.
haha
Thanks for bearing with me
It was a joke
Love you

MJ was an alien
07-06-2012, 11:46 PM
thanks...

good luck ...

try this:
http://www.lshunter.tv/streams/1/lshrytas.html

MJ was an alien
07-06-2012, 11:48 PM
thanks...

good luck ...

generaly:
http://www.lshunter.tv/basketball-live-streaming-video.html
the frame rate is good

Lietuvis
07-06-2012, 11:50 PM
generaly:
http://www.lshunter.tv/basketball-live-streaming-video.html
the frame rate is good

all games not live in Greece on tv? We have had a nice marathon on our local channels so far!

septynix
07-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Cheap wine can kill your stomach :)
It had it coming.

Nah, she's in Poland, of all places, climbing in defiance with long standing Lithuanian traditions to not care about anything but basketball. So yeah, drinking her cheap wine. Brandy comes next.

Still, I love there's a place on the net like Interbasket forum. Waiting, watching, enjoying and whining about the game afterwards is much more fun this way.

MJ was an alien
07-06-2012, 11:53 PM
all games not live in Greece on tv? We have had a nice marathon on our local channels so far!

Unfortunately not! Greek media prefer Football. So if you are a basketball fan you get screwed.

auris1
07-06-2012, 11:59 PM
It had it coming.

Nah, she's in Poland, of all places, climbing in defiance with long standing Lithuanian traditions to not care about anything but basketball. So yeah, drinking her cheap wine. Brandy comes next.

Still, I love there's a place on the net like Interbasket forum. Waiting, watching, enjoying and whining about the game afterwards is much more fun this way.
My gosh,finally i found my soul mate
And the bit about brandy just killed me
how the fuck i am suppose to survive without it

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
My gosh,finally i found my soul mate
And the bit about brandy just killed me
how the fuck i am suppose to survive without it

You got two! I'll start in a second. vodka with lemon juice

auris1
07-07-2012, 12:02 AM
You got two! I'll start in a second. vodka with lemon juice
Just now?

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 12:06 AM
Just now?

yeah man. cheers!

Olympiacos
07-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Based on how the refs called the last two games.....I would not want to be a Lithuanian fan right now.

J-Mart
07-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Galindo time...

Straight forward
07-07-2012, 12:21 AM
Horrible first quorter. Kemzura is crazy enough to throw out of shape kaukėnas in the starting lineupe. That killed any offensive rythm. They are playing without inside game. PR knocking down the shots.

Rycka
07-07-2012, 12:22 AM
wow refs suck. kemzura looks lost tbh, could see in his face

Olympiacos
07-07-2012, 12:30 AM
wow refs suck. kemzura looks lost tbh, could see in his face

If the refs keep it going for 3 straight games, then we know FIBA did this on purpose to punish the European teams. It is not possible to be a coincidence in 3 straight games.

Dtown
07-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Pretty ugly game to watch so far, so many fouls on both teams.

Darknemo2000
07-07-2012, 12:50 AM
Many fouls.

I would say Refs are bad to both sides. There should have not been second foul on Valanciunas (that was really retarded call) and that should have been a goaltending when Kalnietis shot was blocked but at the same time there should have not been a foul called on Barea (Kalnietis elbowed him into Javtoka's screen rather than Barea going blindly at it) and that Balkman's over the back foul could well be discussed as well.

Anyways ugly game so far.

Dtown
07-07-2012, 12:52 AM
40-38 at half time Lithuania. Anyone's game right now, though who wins might come down to who doesn't foul out.

mochoso
07-07-2012, 12:53 AM
I dont know why you euros are complaining about the refs, beacuase they are costing PR their Olympic pass. PR is much better than Lietuva, but the refs are denying that

Straight forward
07-07-2012, 12:54 AM
I don't understand why Kemzūra is keeping Kaukėnas on the game. He's obviously lost, out of shape and killing any rhythm. It's even hard to watch. Again no inside game. And we still on the game. A lot will depend if Kleiza will start to knock his shots in second half.

Illegal2k10
07-07-2012, 12:55 AM
I dont know why you euros are complaining about the refs, beacuase they are costing PR their Olympic pass. PR is much better than Lietuva, but the refs are denying that

You must be joking. Refs made so many questionable calls in your favor, that you should buy them ferrari or smth in return.

saalsapr
Man we are freaking horrible, its getting painful to watch.

So many dumb fouls. I mean we have fouled like 4 people at the free throw line between Greece and Lithuania game. Its like we dont want to win.

Give me back the 2008 team who at least won and lost games with their talent and didnt let the refs win and lose games on their behalf.

So freaking horrible....

At this pace, I wouldnt be surprised if we become the first team ever (I think) to lose a game because everyone fouled out.

Blackway
You want the refs to be like in the Greece game buddy? There are rules of basketball, I hope this bunch of refs know them.

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 01:00 AM
I don't understand why Kemzūra is keeping Kaukėnas on the game. He's obviously lost, out of shape and killing any rhythm. It's even hard to watch. Again no inside game. And we still on the game. A lot will depend if Kleiza will start to knock his shots in second half.

Dont act like you dont know why you're in the game. Its because Puerto Rico has gifted you 20 free throws with our dumb fouls.

J-Mart
07-07-2012, 01:06 AM
Puerto Rico is playing better, Lithuania is shooting more free throws (+9)

That's been the game.

Italian Pride
07-07-2012, 01:06 AM
i saw only 2nd quarter,the ref seems bad on both sides...

Olympiacos
07-07-2012, 01:11 AM
i saw only 2nd quarter,the ref seems bad on both sides...

In all honesty, this is the worst display of reffing in one day in international basketball history. They are actually making NBA refs look world class - it is that bad.

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 01:12 AM

That's been the game.

I just dont get whats so hard about not fouling someone at the three point line. Its cost us the game against the greeks, who didnt need the help to make threes, and its costing us the game against the lithuanians.

It really is maddening that I have to say "Well I hope we dont let this team go 30 times to the free throw line" and it still happens. And it seems to be getting worse as the dominicans went 35 times in the Centrobasket finals and lithuanians have already went 20 times.

Can't somebody teach this team to defend properly??!!

usagre
07-07-2012, 01:13 AM
In all honesty, this is the worst display of reffing in one day in international basketball history. They are actually making NBA refs look world class - it is that bad.

when i think of great officiating costas rigas always comes to mind.

Darknemo2000
07-07-2012, 01:14 AM

That's been the game.

Your are fouling though. Not all are 100% fouls but the Rico is still fouling a lot particularly ion distance shots. Blame yourself for not defending properly. Hold your hands up to dsrupt the shot rather than leaning for the block every time and getting plenty of foul calls as a result.

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Barea switched off!

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 01:21 AM
ok refs just put Ramos away!

Rycka
07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
we were up like 8 and jasikevicius killed our game, stop whining and acting

Dtown
07-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Okay epic flop right there lol

NorCal
07-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Okay epic flop right there lol

the one that fouled Ramos out? that was awful, horrible and atrocious

JGX
07-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Arroyo :rolleyes:

Dtown
07-07-2012, 01:47 AM
the one that fouled Ramos out? that was awful, horrible and atrocious

Yes that one exactly.

Italian Pride
07-07-2012, 01:48 AM
refs are so bad...

J-Mart
07-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Game of the Tournament?

Italian Pride
07-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Game of the Tournament?

but your avatar is injury?

Dtown
07-07-2012, 01:55 AM
...that's the play you come up with?

I'm sorry Puerto Rico but you deserve to lose for that...

Italian Pride
07-07-2012, 01:56 AM
barea sucks in this game...

Dtown
07-07-2012, 01:57 AM
Game of the Tournament?

Nigeria vs Greece was better. Lot fewer fouls down the stretch.

Congrats to Lithuania you survived the vast global conspiracy to make all European teams lose, through mind control or something.

Hopefully our Lithuanian friends on this board didn't drink themselves to death.

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Barea fucked up. Congratulations to Lithuania

JGX
07-07-2012, 01:59 AM
What a great day of games. The actual Olympics are practically going to be an anticlimax.

mochoso
The refs beat us, not lithuania. The refs killed our game man, I dont know why you fn euros keep complaining on the refs, they always call in your favor

Buzissa
Lithuania won. PR had stupid mistakes in the last two possessions (that pass from Barea...:confused:). Good game.

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 02:00 AM
If we dont get a good coach, we wont have a system, and this things will happen.

What else do you want me to say, those two last plays summed up what this team lacks.

Victorious
07-07-2012, 02:00 AM
Congratulations Lithuania, you made the right calls in the end and won. Puerto Rico lacks in decision making in the final minutes.

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 02:01 AM
If we dont get a good coach, we wont have a system, and this things will happen.

What else do you want me to say, those two last plays summed up what this team lacks.

There is nothing wrong with your coach. Barea lacks IQ

Hepcat
07-07-2012, 02:02 AM
Yay!

Lithuania 76 Puerto Rico 72

The Lithuanian team showed more poise in the last minute and the old veteran Šarūnas Jasikevičius came through in the clutch!

Dtown
There were some really questionable calls, but the refs sucked period.

The last two possessions for Puerto Rico were awful, no excuse for those the Barea pass especially.

septynix
I like having myself some clutch players, yeah I do oh yeah I do.

I'd like to say "great game" to PR, but, well, the game wasn't that great for both teams. But we got lukcy'ish, so that's that, whooohoo, PR is definitely a tough opponent on any day.

saalsapr
The refs beat us, not lithuania. The refs killed our game man, I dont know why you fn euros keep complaining on the refs, they always call in your favor

STFU

Did you see that last Barea play? Ill be surprised if he ever wears his country's jersey again.

J-Mart
hopefully DR makes it...

hopefully Barea goes home and finds his wife choking on a lithuanian cock...

Straight forward
07-07-2012, 02:03 AM
Šaras! One of the biggest legends in international basketball history! He send Lithuania to another huge win!

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:04 AM
There were some really questionable calls, but the refs sucked period.

The last two possessions for Puerto Rico were awful, no excuse for those the Barea pass especially.

Yep the bad calls Lithuania had were just shocking from the REFS!!

JGX
PR just made too many mistakes in the final minutes. Peavy missed a layup, Arroyo tries to draw the foul on a three and ends up giving Lithuania an easy basket, Barea with a couple turnovers and also the pass to Peavy in a terrible spot.

Victorious

I'm sorry, but if you are down by 1 point in the final seconds, take a time out and draw up a crazy threepointer. You lack some coaching skills, because you choose a play in which the odds are against you. Heroics stuff.

Raze Lupin
The refs tho...

Blackway
Refs were out there on a mission to send a message. Nothing else to say, really.

saalsapr

A good coach knows not to play Barea in the last minutes of a game. Ask the coach of the Dallas Mavericks, Rick Carlisle.

Miškinis
One step closer! LIETUVA!

Darknemo2000
07-07-2012, 02:05 AM

One can have the best coach in the world but when PG makes dumb play like this nothing will help you. It was more on the Barea's poor IQ rather than on coach this time.

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Never fails, PR chokes.

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Barea kept you guys in the game too.

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 02:07 AM
I'm sorry, but if you are down by 1 point in the final seconds, take a time out and draw up a crazy threepointer. You lack some coaching skills, because you choose a play in which the odds are against you. Heroics stuff.
There was a mismatch and Barea should wait a little bit. Why go for a 3p?

auris1
i spent the last 3 minutes outside,smoking
and then i pour my vodka
and then i find some idiots here effing the thread

this is not asia
mtfckers

saalsapr
PR just made too many mistakes in the final minutes. Peavy missed a layup, Arroyo tries to draw the foul on a three and ends up giving Lithuania an easy basket, Barea with a couple turnovers and also the pass to Peavy in a terrible spot.

Yeah, its better to get eliminated now than make fools of ourselves on a bigger stage. Hope to God Arroyo retires and Shabazz Napier or Dennis Clemente benches Barea so we can have the end of the Arroyo&Barea combination.

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 02:08 AM
A good coach knows not to play Barea in the last minutes of a game. Ask the coach of the Dallas Mavericks, Rick Carlisle.

PR could have gained a foul there. Barea was anxious to get rid of the ball

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:09 AM
and then i pour my vodka

this is not asia
mtfckers
Hmmm, smoking what?

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 02:09 AM
and then i pour my vodka

this is not asia
mtfckers

LOL. How many did you drink?

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:10 AM
pr could have gained a foul there. Barea was anxious to get rid of the ball

please refs were bad both ways and imo more so on lithuania. So game over pr lost lets move on and not say what could have been!!

GL3
07-07-2012, 02:10 AM
Great effort crowned by a slight advantage quality wise in the money time for Lietuva. In a FIBA configuration, being led by 36 year old Saras (what a basketball Icon...) and injury-plagued Kleiza remains better than by the tandem Arroyo-Barea, who also play the same position.

At the end, the best team won and for that they deserve congratulations. The Dominicans are going to be even more difficult to down.

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:11 AM
and then i pour my vodka

this is not asia
mtfckers
hehe i got through my beers now wishing for some more to troll threads lol (jokes)

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 02:12 AM
please refs were bad both ways and imo more so on lithuania. So game over pr lost lets move on and not say what could have been!!
I was cheering for Lithuania. I just couldn't understand why Barea was so slappy.

Mindozas
God damnit, hands are still shaking, could barely write, heart looks like gonna jump outta chest :o I guess game was ugly for neutral viewer, but I could barely sit on my seat during it all. Such intense, such nerves, all the players looked like during penalty shoot-out, luckily we got through it. 5 o'clock in the morning, but I guess I won't be able to sleep at all this night :) Congrats to fellow countrymen, sorry for Boricuas

Waneko
Not that it's the reason PR lost, but WTF is a foul if Kleiza didn't foul Arroyo on that 3 attempt?

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Nigeria vs Greece was better. Lot fewer fouls down the stretch.

Congrats to Lithuania you survived the vast global conspiracy to make all European teams lose, through mind control or something.

Hopefully our Lithuanian friends on this board didn't drink themselves to death.

We didnty drink ourselves to death but I find myslef still wide awake, heart pulpating madly at fucking 530 am!!!

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:14 AM
Not that it's the reason PR lost, but WTF is a foul if Kleiza didn't foul Arroyo on that 3 attempt?

Thats a mismatch.. a 175cm guard against a 203 cm PF what do you think will happen if he tries to shoot through him? COME ON!

auris1
07-07-2012, 02:14 AM
message to my friends
At the point of desperation,i promised i will get British passport
it is so obvious
No luck living in london

Victorious
07-07-2012, 02:15 AM
There was a mismatch and Barea should wait a little bit. Why go for a 3p?

If it was his own decision, then it was a terrible call.

Waneko

Don't worry, they're not going to look at the replays and call them back to the court. Puerto Ricans need to vent as to why we struggle against European teams, and why we can't get baskets when we need them most.

Lietuvis
message to my friends
At the point of desperation,i promised i will get British passport
it is so obvious
No luck living in london

Yep I had same thoughts but not back to the UK :)

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Thats a mismatch.. a 175cm guard against a 203 cm PF what do you think will happen if he tries to shoot through him? COME ON!

He doesn't have to shoot through him. That's why they call fouls. This is not rugby.

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:19 AM
He doesn't have to shoot through him. That's why they call fouls. This is not rugby.

But thats what he did, he shot through him and Kleiza just stood there in front of him while Arroyo tried to make it look like a foul :)

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:20 AM
But thats what he did, he shot through him and Kleiza just stood there in front of him while Arroyo tried to make it look like a foul :)

Watch it again, Kleiza jumped straight ahead into him. If he jumps straight up, it's not a foul. He broad jumped horizontally into Arroyo. It's a foul in any league in the world.

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 02:21 AM
After watching the refs in these international meets I don't want to hear S#@! about how USA gets calls wah wah wah. Thats just a cop out! Barea was getting murdered. Hit on the head as he was attempting layups. It was bad both ways but yeah Crying about American favortism is weak. PR didn't execute well in the final moments. Lietuva had poise. I believe in Saras. Congrats Lietuva!

saalsapr
I forgot Barea is now one of Minnesota's Timbertrolls, so he's got troll blood on him now. Anyone noticed his troll face at the of that play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvPBBm8zoFc

MJ was an alien
If it was his own decision, then it was a terrible call.

Did you noticed Flor's drawings at the timeout? He wanted the ball close to the basket. That's why i said Barea lacks IQ.

Darknemo2000
07-07-2012, 02:24 AM

The thing wa sthat Kleiza wasnt moving and did not do that Rico loves to do - leaning in for a block. If you hold yourself straightly vertical even on a contact the refs may not call foul on you. Thats why Kleizas play wasnt a real foul despite Arroyo's attempts to show otherwise. But admitted, based on some other calls today refs could have still whistled a foul. Refs were really inconsistent and poor, but I cant say that they favored one or the other team. They just seemed to be of a general poor quality altogether.

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 02:25 AM
Did you noticed Flor's drawings at the timeout? He wanted the ball close to the basket. That's why i said Barea lacks IQ.
Barea had a bad 4th but he is not an idiot. Good players have bad games. It happens.

MJ was an alien
07-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Barea had a bad 4th but he is not an idiot. Good players have bad games. It happens.

It was an expression. Of course he's not an idiot. As i said he wanted to get rid of the ball real quick.

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:26 AM
I have more second guessing, on Lietuva's last basket, I would have had Balkman in for Santiago purely for defense. He would have been in better position to help, but instead the guy scored over Santiago. Yes, I'm going to bitch and moan until I get over this loss.

Darknemo2000
07-07-2012, 02:27 AM

Yeah. Flor seemed to want to go under the basket which was a right choice but barea went into a panic mode and screwed rico up.

kestiz
07-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Crazy game. Not the best one for either team but still so close.

Where is that macedonian troll now that said that macedonia will win over us at semis and then defeat USA at olympiad? :D

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Don't worry, they're not going to look at the replays and call them back to the court. Puerto Ricans need to vent as to why we struggle against European teams, and why we can't get baskets when we need them most.

Its probably Arroyo, I mean think about it. Back in 2002-2004 when Ortiz was our leader, we beat Yugoslavia, Spain, and Turkey by a basket in the WC, in Fiba Americas we beat Canada's Nash by 2 to qualify to Athens, we eliminated Brazil in that same tournament by a basket, then in 2004 we beat teams we shouldnt have even beat.

Either we are paying for those close wins by losing close games now, or there's something wrong with this teams leadership (and clutch play).

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Watch it again, Kleiza jumped straight ahead into him. If he jumps straight up, it's not a foul. He broad jumped horizontally into Arroyo. It's a foul in any league in the world.

Disagree staright up there, so do you want to go back to all the calls that were unfair on us? Like when we were 7 points up and the so called block that was a foul should have been called? If that was called fairly we would have been 9 points up and that come back may have never happened.. I could go on..BUT GAME OVER!

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:30 AM
The thing wa sthat Kleiza wasnt moving and did not do that Rico loves to do - leaning in for a block. If you hold yourself straightly vertical even on a contact the refs may not call foul on you. Thats why Kleizas play wasnt a real foul despite Arroyo's attempts to show otherwise. But admitted, based on some other calls today refs could have still whistled a foul. Refs were really inconsistent and poor, but I cant say that they favored one or the other team. They just seemed to be of a general poor quality altogether.

Watch it again, Kleize was moving, still in the air in fact, when the contact was made. It's a foul.

Again, not the reason PR lost, but in a game of bad calls for both sides, that was the worse and it changed the momentum at the time.

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 02:32 AM
They should make a cry and blame everyone thread for the losing team's fans.

What's worse is this is the first time we lose two consecutive Olympics. Good thing we still arent outside the World championships. Man I hope what that argentine analyst said about how we where going to be the best american team outside after the US by 2020 cause right now we're (the puerto rican fans) hurting with these chokejobs.

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:32 AM
Disagree staright up there, so do you want to go back to all the calls that were unfair on us? Like when we were 7 points up and the so called block that was a foul should have been called? If that was called fairly we would have been 9 points up and that come back may have never happened.. I could go on..BUT GAME OVER!

No, there were plenty of bad calls on both teams, but that was by far the worst and changed the momentum at the time. It's not the reason we lost, but a seven year old can make that call correctly.

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:33 AM
Watch it again, Kleize was moving, still in the air in fact, when the contact was made. It's a foul.

Again, not the reason PR lost, but in a game of bad calls for both sides, that was the worse and it changed the momentum at the time.

Yes but in my opinion the bad calls started when we were up 7 - 9 points with a few minutes to go. So if you want to talk conspiracy I think the refs tried but end of the day was close game which is great to see. World basketball is so even and at the end of the day some luck counts...

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 02:34 AM
It was an expression. Of course he's not an idiot. As i said he wanted to get rid of the ball real quick.

Ok, I understand you now. I was thinking Barea is only 5'8 in height. He did not become a NBA champion without smarts and skill. Congrats to Lietuva!

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Its probably Arroyo, I mean think about it. Back in 2002-2004 when Ortiz was our leader, we beat Yugoslavia, Spain, and Turkey by a basket in the WC, in Fiba Americas we beat Canada's Nash by 2 to qualify to Athens, we eliminated Brazil in that same tournament by a basket, then in 2004 we beat teams we shouldnt have even beat.

Either we are paying for those close wins by losing close games now, or there's something wrong with this teams leadership (and clutch play).

Arroyo was the point guard for all those teams, and played great against USA. I think as good as our guards are, they can only be effective in crunch time if there is another serious threat on the floor. Barea turning it over twice trying to pass it off clearly shows they need another dominant offensive player in the frontcourt. One that can stay on the floor unlike Ramos.

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Is anyone watching the Argentina vs Brazil friendly?? Its an amazing display of basketball!

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Arroyo was the point guard for all those teams, and played great against USA. I think as good as our guards are, they can only be effective in crunch time if there is another serious threat on the floor. Barea turning it over twice trying to pass it off clearly shows they need another dominant offensive player in the frontcourt. One that can stay on the floor unlike Ramos.

Yeah but Arroyo wasnt the leader when Ortiz was on the team. I dont know if you remember at the 2006 WC when Arroyo turned the ball over twice againt Italy in the last minute and we lost by 1 point. This was exactly like that, only Barea did it this time.

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:39 AM

Look Arroya is a legend and I have heard about him non stop on this forum. Was this his last swan song or will he keep playing? For us I believe a lot will retire after this qualification or Oulympics..

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 02:39 AM

With Carmelo Anthony PR would have murdered Lietuva lol I believe you are over thinking Barea just lost focus. This is a great PR team. Barea and Arroyo abused the LT defense all night! PR beat themselves.

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:40 AM
Yes but in my opinion the bad calls started when we were up 7 - 9 points with a few minutes to go. So if you want to talk conspiracy I think the refs tried but end of the day was close game which is great to see. World basketball is so even and at the end of the day some luck counts...

Never said it was a conspiracy, just a really bad missed call that was far worse than the others. The others were arguable.

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Never said it was a conspiracy, just a really bad missed call that was far worse than the others. The others were arguable.

Each call is arguable and the closer it gets to the end only appears worse. But refs typically make up for bad calls they make earlier to try even things out. Like I said the game could have been blown out by 12-15 but bad calls for us made it a thriller so enjoy it at the end of the day!

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 02:43 AM
With Carmelo Anthony PR would have murdered Lietuva lol I believe you are over thinking Barea just lost focus. This is a great PR team. Barea and Arroyo abused the LT defense all night! PR beat themselves.

With Ilgauskas LTU would have a centre with Siskauskas we would have a consistent scorere.. What if , But , Maybe..DId it happen

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Yeah but Arroyo wasnt the leader when Ortiz was on the team. I dont know if you remember at the 2006 WC when Arroyo turned the ball over twice againt Italy in the last minute and we lost by 1 point. This was exactly like that, only Barea did it this time.

I agree he wasn't the leader in the locker room and in huddles, but by 2004 Piculin had slowed down, and by then it was Arroyo who was the leader when on the floor, for better or worst. Worst because as you say, he can't do it himself on the world stage.

Darknemo2000
07-07-2012, 02:45 AM

I think that refs were at least more or less consistently bad for both teams.

in Greece-Nigeria and Macedonia-DR games the refs werre also pretty bad but it lacked consistency as a result it seemed like they were favoring one team more than the other.

So in a way in reffing probably most important is consistency - if you are bad then be consistently bad for both teams rather than being bad for one and half-bad for another. This is what gives birth to all those conspiracy theories about FIBA punishing Euro's etc. Though for me it seems like just a simple lack of quality rather than anything else.

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:46 AM

Sure with Carmelo PR murders lots of teams, but Carmelo made his choice as do lots of guys who have that opportunity to chose between 2 national teams. Barea is used to having Dirk and Kevin Love around to take those big shots in crunch time. Santiago and Peavy are not Dirk and Love.

Olympiacos
07-07-2012, 02:48 AM
I love when Greece and FYROM are complaining about the horrible reffing that cost them the Olympics, it's "shut up and stop complaining", "you didn't lose because of the refs", etc. but in much worse language than that.

Puerto Ricans were among the most vocal to tell Greeks to shut up and that they didn't lose because of the refs (even though they did)............

Does not feel so good does it Puerto Rico when it happens to you?

Talk about a bunch of hypocrites.

Waneko
07-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Each call is arguable and the closer it gets to the end only appears worse. But refs typically make up for bad calls they make earlier to try even things out. Like I said the game could have been blown out by 12-15 but bad calls for us made it a thriller so enjoy it at the end of the day!

That's BS. The bad calls were against both teams, not just Lietuvis.

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 02:57 AM

Anthony doesnt play for us, and considering how bad Lithuania played this game, we managed to "out suck" you in the last minute. Arroyo and Barea dont work together, the team commits a lot of fouls, and when we tied Greece and Lithuania in the second half, we decided to turn the ball over or miss stupid shots on consecutive possesions because apparently taking the late lead against an european team was too big for this team.

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 03:01 AM
I love when Greece and FYROM are complaining about the horrible reffing that cost them the Olympics, it's "shut up and stop complaining", "you didn't lose because of the refs", etc. but in much worse language than that.

Puerto Ricans were among the most vocal to tell Greeks to shut up and that they didn't lose because of the refs (even though they did)............

Does not feel so good does it Puerto Rico when it happens to you?

Talk about a bunch of hypocrites.

Stop being butthurt about it, Im not complaining about the refs, Im complaining about our players choking.

Waneko wasnt one of the guys that was "oh stop complaining greeks" and stuff.

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 03:12 AM
Anthony doesnt play for us, and considering how bad Lithuania played this game, we managed to "out suck" you in the last minute. Arroyo and Barea dont work together, the team commits a lot of fouls, and when we tied Greece and Lithuania in the second half, we decided to turn the ball over or miss stupid shots on consecutive possesions because apparently taking the late lead against an european team was too big for this team.

Yes I know Melo does not play for PR bro. I was throwing out a hypothetical. I'm not Lithuanian. I'm an American from NYC. I have love for PR. I still think you are under cutting how good this PR team is. Not perfect BUT a great team. I think the Americanos have become a lot closer to Europe. I also think you are over ranking Lietuva. Did you not see how Arroyo and Barea shreded the European defense?? Also it seems many Euro squads can't handle Americano defense. If a team attacks the passing lanes it slows down Euro offense tremendously. USA, Brazil, PR, DR, all do this very well. Argentina not so much. Also all the Americano teams have point guards who can penetrate ANY defense. Manu, Barbosa, Barea, Arroyo. PR made mistakes but you should be proud. I am and I'm not Puerto Rican. I'm happy for basketball.

macleopard13
07-07-2012, 03:13 AM
Well, both teams played slow and intense basketball. It was nerve-wrecking. The referees were okay today - sure, they made a few bad calls against both teams, but overall, both teams had chances to change momentum. Puerto Rico could've, but didn't. Both teams looked a little tired, but Lithuania had more stamina at the end. Maciulis was a beast at rebounding / drawing fouls, but his FT shooting was terrible. Javtokas also tipped the rebounds towards his teammates well. Just for this amazing rebounding effort leading to second chance opportunities and tight defense we deserved the win. Consolations to Puerto Ricans! They are a good team in my opinion, but they lacked strength and speed to play well tonight. I hope we win our next game against Dominican Republic, which DESTROYED Macedonia on offensive rebounding.

GO LITHUANIA!

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 03:22 AM
Yes I know Melo does not play for PR bro. I was throwing out a hypothetical. I'm not Lithuanian. I'm an American from NYC. I have love for PR. I still think you are under cutting how good this PR team is. Not perfect BUT a great team. I think the Americanos have become a lot closer to Europe. I also think you are over ranking Lietuva. Did you not see how Arroyo and Barea shreded the European defense?? Also it seems many Euro squads can't handle Americano defense. If a team attacks the passing lanes it slows down Euro offense tremendously. USA, Brazil, PR, DR, all do this very well. Argentina not so much. Also all the Americano teams gave point guards who can penetrate ANY defense. Manu, Barbosa, Barea, Arroyo. PR made mistakes but you should be proud. I am and I'm not Puerto Rican. I'm happy for basketball.

Yeah Im not compleetly ballbusted about how we play, its just taht we fail to even come up with an easy gamewinner (if we even manage to not turn the ball over). And this chokejobs are not being seen just with this basketball team, but on other puerto rican sports as well.

Did you get to see the chokejob our national team pulled against the US in the 2009 World Baseball Classic when we blew a two run lead in the last inning? And that came two games after we koed the US 11-1.

Our teams are lately doing this a lot to us, and we are getting angrier by the year.

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 03:26 AM
Sure with Carmelo PR murders lots of teams, but Carmelo made his choice as do lots of guys who have that opportunity to chose between 2 national teams. Barea is used to having Dirk and Kevin Love around to take those big shots in crunch time. Santiago and Peavy are not Dirk and Love.

WORD! Good point. If Barea makes that same lob to Dirk, Love or Melo its game over! It was still a bad play in this instance but you have a valid point. PR should be proud Europe is no longer clearly superior to the FIBA Americas.

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 03:47 AM
Yeah Im not compleetly ballbusted about how we play, its just taht we fail to even come up with an easy gamewinner (if we even manage to not turn the ball over). And this chokejobs are not being seen just with this basketball team, but on other puerto rican sports as well.

Did you get to see the chokejob our national team pulled against the US in the 2009 World Baseball Classic when we blew a two run lead in the last inning? And that came two games after we koed the US 11-1.

Our teams are lately doing this a lot to us, and we are getting angrier by the year.

Yes I remember that game. I wish the Olympics had 16 teams because PR, DR and Venezuela deserve better shots.

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Yes I remember that game. I wish the Olympics had 16 teams because PR, DR and Venezuela deserve better shots.

DR's the one that deserves to be in the Olympics, PR and Venezuela brought shame to Fiba Americas.

Especially PR.

Tasos Peiraias
07-07-2012, 05:06 AM
YEAH!!PR lost and is out of Olympics as 2008!!!:D
Do you remember that game in Athens,right?:rolleyes:

J-Mart
07-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Im afraid that was Daniel Santiago last game with Puerto Rico NT

Arroyo explained to the press that the Barea turnover was a play for Peavy and Barea but Peavy froze on the play and Barea had to improvise.

We missed the Olympics, some may blame the coach and shit like that but we really should be proud and happy of what they did and be opptimistic for things to come. Of course we could improve in some areas, but still it's better than the disaster we had in 2010.

panteluke
07-07-2012, 08:48 AM
I have just read that Saras took the game on his hands during last minute. I cannot express my respect for this player. I think it's in Top 3 of lithuanian basketball along with... You know the other two.. :)

LtU
07-07-2012, 08:50 AM
PR should stop complaining about refs. Lithuania deserve to win because Venezuelans made it harder for Lithuania. They demaged our bus, so our team came 20 minutes later. And when they came, they didn't find their water. And when lithuanians were singing the national anthem, everyone were whistling and it was hard to hear the national anthem. And Venezuelans says that lithuanians showed disrespect to Venezuela because of timeout, but what about all that shit you did to us?? Is that very respectful? :mad: I don't know what else they are going to do when we will be playing with Dominican Republic. I hope Lithuania is going to win again and then they can finally go home. :)

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 09:08 AM
Yep get us out of this hell hole!

pablonis
07-07-2012, 10:52 AM
I think the Americanos have become a lot closer to Europe.

Did the Latinos get better? Yeah, i guess they did. They're still pretty far way though. With all due respect to Greece, Serbs and Turks would've probably fielded stronger teams for this tournament. I'm not even talking about the other team, led by Rytas' sub and an american. Euros are averagely represented in this tournament.

While i can admire the passion Venezuelans have shown for basketball (and i hope the sport sticks there and grows), they're just not a talented team. Besides Greivis they have little to none and on a neutral ground would've probably lost Georgia or something.

MrMojoRisin
07-07-2012, 11:20 AM
If FIBA makes any tournament again in South America in the near future, that will be a big shame, because latinos don't know nothing about basketball, respect to other teams, fair play and basically, common courtesy. Our national anthem was booed off before the game(that was the first time I heard anthem being booed off), our bus "broke down" while going to practice, before the game staff "forgot" to bring water to our team. It's inexcusable. I'm very disappointed either with organisation and people of a country, where this event is held.

Mojado
07-07-2012, 11:42 AM
PR should stop complaining about refs. Lithuania deserve to win because Venezuelans made it harder for Lithuania. They demaged our bus, so our team came 20 minutes later. And when they came, they didn't find their water. And when lithuanians were singing the national anthem, everyone were whistling and it was hard to hear the national anthem. And Venezuelans says that lithuanians showed disrespect to Venezuela because of timeout, but what about all that shit you did to us?? Is that very respectful? :mad: I don't know what else they are going to do when we will be playing with Dominican Republic. I hope Lithuania is going to win again and then they can finally go home. :)

Puerto Rico and Venezuela are not one country. Trollith, we hear from you next year.

Mojado
07-07-2012, 11:47 AM
If FIBA makes any tournament again in South America in the near future, that will be a big shame, because latinos don't know nothing about basketball, respect to other teams, fair play and basically, common courtesy. Our national anthem was booed off before the game(that was the first time I heard anthem being booed off), our bus "broke down" while going to practice, before the game staff "forgot" to bring water to our team. It's inexcusable. I'm very disappointed either with organisation and people of a country, where this event is held.

Sure, we dont know nothing about hoops and so on. Argentina,Brasil, Puerto Rico...they all know nothing about it. Three posts of you on the board and all just crap...speaks volumes how much you KNOW about basketball...please call your mom now to take you home from Kindergarten,thanks.

Illegal2k10
07-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Puerto Rico and Venezuela are not one country. Trollith, we hear from you next year.

i think he ment win a qf not particicalary against PR:)

Illegal2k10
07-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Sure, we dont know nothing about hoops and so on. Argentina,Brasil, Puerto Rico...they all know nothing about it. Three posts of you on the board and all just crap...speaks volumes how much you KNOW about basketball...please call your mom now to take you home from Kindergarten,thanks.

I dont know if other countries are the same as Venezuela, but this one is pure crap.:)
Mysterious bus crash before the game, training interuptions with the smoke of tanks, problems with DVD players for analyzing games, strange limitations for pre-game shootout training, and biggest disrespect by booing our national anthem on July 6th!!! These people have no class and i hope Lithianian NT wont be forced to participate in shit like this again. ever.:)

Lietuvis
07-07-2012, 12:13 PM
It seems south americans do anything to win and what goes on behind the scenes is more than what goes on in the court. Take football for example, how many stories go in here with corruption and shooting players when they lose!!

Shawshank
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I dont know if other countries are the same as Venezuela, but this one is pure crap.:)
Mysterious bus crash before the game, training interuptions with the smoke of tanks, problems with DVD players for analyzing games, strange limitations for pre-game shootout training, and biggest disrespect by booing our nathional antem on July 6!!! These people have no class and i hope Lithianian NT wont be forced to participate in shit like this again. ever.:)

100% agree what venezuala is doing on purpose to make lithuanian life horrible is this tournament is definetely showing how bad loosers they are.We have nice win against venezuala 100-82 and now they can forgive Lietuva for that for elimiting them.As our commentator yesterday was so happy with win and said to the venezualian --> you can go and F*** yourself with such organization and he said what mostly lithuanian think ! Venezuala is just no class country...Last year when we lost at home against macadonia we didnt do anything to make their life horribl,its was very painfull lose but we cangratulated our oponent and fought atleast for the spot in this tournament.We beat two american team on their own ground and tonight we gona fight with 3rd american team with " we against the world mentality" GOOO LIETUVA! Show what basketball history,basketball team effort and basketball big big heart is all about...

LtU
07-07-2012, 01:15 PM

I never said it's one country. I'm just saying that venezuelans hate Lithuania for some reasons and it doesn't matter which country is playing against Lithuania, but venezuelans are going to support them. It's like they are trying to do everything they can to stop Lithuania. And it makes harder for lithuanians, but i believe that my team can beat Dominican Republic (even if Venezuela is trying to help them win).

J-Mart
07-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Can't blame venezuelans, I would have been banned from this forums if it was to Puerto Rico what u guys did to Venezuela.

auris1
07-07-2012, 02:32 PM
.As our commentator yesterday was so happy with win and said to the venezualian --> you can go and F*** yourself with such organization and he said what mostly lithuanian think...
Haha true.
I remember that.Kunigelis got overwhelmed I guess
And there is interview with Saras where he is asked if he heard commentators words-
brilliant answer - I do not play with with TV in my hands
I am probably still drunk,but I laugh so hard that "..never mind
I think journalist are a little to close tothe team
Living together etc
Not healthy

saalsapr
07-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Im afraid that was Daniel Santiago last game with Puerto Rico NT

Arroyo explained to the press that the Barea turnover was a play for Peavy and Barea but Peavy froze on the play and Barea had to improvise.

We missed the Olympics, some may blame the coach and shit like that but we really should be proud and happy of what they did and be opptimistic for things to come. Of course we could improve in some areas, but still it's better than the disaster we had in 2010.

Yeah, good thing I prepared myself mentally for a loss now Im over it.

Flor is not a bad coach, the team just needs to be taught to defend without fouling. Both Greece and Lithuania shot 31 free throws.

The great thing about Flor, is that since he came we've at least crushed every team we should beat. With Manolo we would lose to Uruguay, Mexico, Ivory Coast, Trinidad and Tobago, etc.

kestiz
07-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Can't blame venezuelans, I would have been banned from this forums if it was to Puerto Rico what u guys did to Venezuela.

What exactly? Are you one of those guys who seriously think that LTU lost to Nigeria on purpose? Did you guys atleast watch that match?

shaolin95
07-07-2012, 06:02 PM
It was a tough game but at the end , the team with more poise came on top. That is the true and no more BS about bad calls etc. We always put a good fight against any team but the difference is, we cannot close the show...we lack that and that is why we are not in the top 10 at this moment.
Congratulations to my Lithuanian brothers. I wish you move on and get to the games, I will be supporting you for sure (except if you play the USA of course which is my other team :)
We are close to having a pretty good team, but we need to take that final step of making the right calls when it really counts.

Regards

Olympiacos
07-07-2012, 06:24 PM
WORD! Good point. If Barea makes that same lob to Dirk, Love or Melo its game over! It was still a bad play in this instance but you have a valid point. PR should be proud Europe is no longer clearly superior to the FIBA Americas.

I take it this is your first ever time seeing a FIBA tournament.

LFGC79
07-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Flor is not a bad coach, the team just needs to be taught to defend without fouling. Both Greece and Lithuania shot 31 free throws.

The great thing about Flor, is that since he came we've at least crushed every team we should beat. With Manolo we would lose to Uruguay, Mexico, Ivory Coast, Trinidad and Tobago, etc.

^^^^ This....

Is part of the problem....

Hepcat
07-07-2012, 08:50 PM

Yes, but you can't generalize from Venezuela to all of Latin America. Venezuela is the fiefdom of neo-Marxist Hugo Chavez, and is not exactly friendly to any nations from the OECD or the European Union.

Terrorizer
07-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Yes, but you can't generalize from Venezuela to all of Latin America. Venezuela is the fiefdom of neo-Marxist Hugo Chavez, and is not exactly friendly to any nations from the OECD or the European Union.

I think that Russia, France or Spain would have no problems with the crowd in Venezuela. I don't even think that Venezuelans hate Lithuania for them 'being American lackeys' or something like that. The main reasons for dislike of your team in Venezuela are: 1) Kemzura's mocking time-out and 2) the fact that you stopped playing against Nigeria in the last minute which was a shame really and if I was Venezuelan I would be really mad at Lithuanian NT for that.

Raze Lupin
07-07-2012, 11:48 PM
I think that Russia, France or Spain would have no problems with the crowd in Venezuela. I don't even think that Venezuelans hate Lithuania for them 'being American lackeys' or something like that. The main reasons for dislike of your team in Venezuela are: 1) Kemzura's mocking time-out and 2) the fact that you stopped playing against Nigeria in the last minute which was a shame really and if I was Venezuelan I would be really mad at Lithuanian NT for that.

Truth!

thegreekmeister
07-08-2012, 01:07 AM

This does not look like intelligent post.

1) timeout was 100% justified, its the tournament system where point differences count. If it was say playoff game then it would have been mock timeout.
2) they stopped playing when it was about -6 and less than minute, it was clear that game is almost lost and it would have been plain stupid to go for the win when you can waste points differential and finish 2nd in the group. Save differential was up to -10. It was the obvious smart move, it would have been stupid to do otherwise.

Illegal2k10
07-08-2012, 01:08 AM

Im 100% sure russians will be maaaaaaad if that would happen to them.:p how would u like your national anthem being booed at your national day(June 12 isnt it?) your coach called a clown or lack of normal organizacion, which was mentioned earlier.:)

dont get me wrong we are not afraid of that crowd and we dont care about them, but the lack of class by people who are there and below-avarage organizacion level makes this tournament look like a joke.:)

J-Mart
07-08-2012, 04:19 PM
ur national anthem would have not been booed if ur team didnt acted like stupid assholes in an international tournament against the home team :)

Mindozas
07-08-2012, 04:23 PM
ur national anthem would have not been booed if ur team didnt acted like stupid assholes in an international tournament against the home team :)

http://policelink.monster.com/nfs/policelink/product_photos/0000/6031/Troll_Spary_max192w.JPG?1202766315

:p

Terrorizer
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Im 100% sure russians will be maaaaaaad if that would happen to them.:p how would u like your national anthem being booed at your national day(June 12 isnt it?) your coach called a clown or lack of normal organizacion, which was mentioned earlier.:)

Actually not only our national anthem was booed in the recent foorball Euro in Poland exactly in the June 12 but our fans (and not those hools who are looking for a fight anywhere but mostly casual fans) were attacked and beaten for no reason whatsoever in the exactly same date. It happened not in the South America but in a European country though not a very developed one. So what would you say about THAT organization?
By the way, June 12 isn't very popular here in Russia mainly because of its former name: Independence Day which implies that Russia wasn't independent before 1991. Well, since Golden Horde Yoke which ended in XIV-XV centuries Russia was never a dependent territory so this bullshit of a holiday isn't favoured by most people in Russia. You know, it's like France chose some date in 1968 where their new constitution was drafted and name it Independence Day.

dont get me wrong we are not afraid of that crowd and we dont care about them, but the lack of class by people who are there and below-avarage organizacion level makes this tournament look like a joke.:)
Let me get some things clear: I'm always against booing national anthem (no matter of which country) and the tourney wasn't well-organized. My main point was that most probably there is no natural hate for all things Lithuanian amongst Venezuelans, it's just the matter of coincidence as they thought that you're humiliating their team (I'm not on their side in the first occasion with this TO though it wasn't a very polite thing to do from Kemzura but I understand their negative reaction towards a suspicious ending of the game between LTU and NGR). Still I think that having more international events outside Europe is a good thing because of popularization of our sports and on the grounds of equality and brotherhood among big international basketball family. I believe these countries would learn on their mistakes and the level of organization of major bball tournaments in non-European countries would gradually increase.
We, Europeans, are the best in organization of tournaments and have the best basketball (aside from USA) and transport infrastructure but it's unjust to bball fans from other parts of the world not to have a chance to see a major tournament on their own soil.

Shawshank
07-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I think both sides will say same arguments all over again ...

1) Ok That timeout maybe there were some mistake by our coach and it could look like not to showing respect,but all we wanted is to make last possesions prepared because we thought diference can make some role (and our coach was right!)

2) there left 30s nigeria leading by 6 points (80-86) for lithuania lose 1-9 points its ok we getting 1 spot...So WHY THE HELL WE SHOULD CARE ABOUT HOST MAKING IN TOO SECOnd round ANd RISKING LOOSING 1SPOT??? nobody from venezulains fans arent answering this argument we asked so many times before...Its your problem, not ours,we have our own problem finishing 1 in the group!

How about after game venezualian players and coaches do not shaked our hand and do not cangratulated us with the win? and acting like gods of the world after game...Even when we kicked their asses in front of their fans (100-82)...and their coaches begun to call our coach a clown and acting like child who dont know how to lose to stronger team...

Later all week venezualians organizators tryied to make our life as much as possible more miserable,with crushed buss before most important game 1/4 with puerto riko and so on... do not showing any respect to our national anthem and our flag...

THE MAIN REASON WE GOT SUCH REACTION WAS BECAUSE we eliminated host team form this tournanement its obviuos..all other its just escuses from venezualian side.JUST POOR TEAM AND NATION THAT DO NOT know how to lose with pride...

SO im asking WHO ACTED LIKE ASSHOLES WE OR VENEZUALIANS ???

at the end of the day all those dirty tricks of venezulians organizators made our team more united and more motivated...and we see the result of it...