Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget NBA, the Euroleague is the best league in the world!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget NBA, the Euroleague is the best league in the world!!!

Euroleague is real basketball!!!

The NBA is a only a big show!!

Messina forget Holden, Papaloukas is your leader!!

The NBA teams chickened out and didn't want to play against PAO or meet Big SOFO the titan again.

Strongly disagrees with!!
    Who will win the European Mavericks??

Comment

Who coaches Dallas Mavericks??

Mark Cuban???

A real coach like Giannakis, Obradovic or Ivkovic would turn things around.
      These coaches play titan defence!!

Comment

Well i think that after todays performance of CSKA there is no doubt that europe is(not better) but at least equal to the USA.

To my mind those games were the proof that a top european team would definitely reach the play off even with nba rules and even with a 82 games season.

The victory of CSKA was way too easy in order to question this fact with excuses like they have more preparation time or they play longer together.

But i have to admitt that while I knew a top european team could easily win against average nba teams, I was surprised by the struggle top nba teams(phoenix) face against average europe teams(khimki).

Anyway those games are really good but I think it s time to consider the possibility of a top 8 with the top 4 european teams and tha top 4 nba teams or at least a serie of finals (best of 7) between th euro champion and tha nba champion in order to find out every year the world champion(an official game and not exhibition)

Comment

Originally posted by Minotavros
          Euroleague is real basketball!!!

The NBA is a only a big show!!

Messina forget Holden, Papaloukas is your leader!!

The NBA teams chickened out and didn't want to play against PAO or meet Big SOFO the titan again.
          definately not on a level post...

1st. 2 european teams won- thank god, but still best NBA teams are superior to european ones. fact... sad one... but still: a fact, hopefully for not much longer though

2nd. you are making the same mistake most people call "american arogance".
          Papaloukas is incredible player, but for winning the title having Holden along him is a great thing, it's not the shots he misses, it's about changing the pace of the game- that's why CSKA uses him. NBA is supposedly loosing their primate because they don't aknowledge bball as a team sport, but think of it as a superstar vs. superstar- with your "get rid of Holden and play Papa" you're doing the exact same thing...

the 3rd thing you've wrote is a pure provocation worth of a 13 y.o. kid, the same provocation you see on other forums by US kids that kind of ignite this euroleague/NBA war... so I guess you're no better than they are...

I don't think this forum needs such childlish behaviour
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Aren't you the guy that said that Marko Milic was a bigger talent than Stojakovic??

I will not get into an argument with you. This is FOR SURE my last post towards you.

Comment

Originally posted by Minotavros
              Aren't you the guy that said that Marko Milic was a bigger talent than Stojakovic??

again out of the context huh?

my words were that in 97' (or 96') i believe french bball magazine rated Milič on no.1 as the biggest talent, with Stojaković 2nd... and Stepania 3rd...

now if you don't understand this sentence... my sincere compasion
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Matiz I agree with you that would shouldnt exagerate and we shouldnt adopt an arrogant behaviour just because euroleague teams won but I disagree with you in one point.

How are youn so sure that top nba teams are better than top european teams.
                thats not what the fact show.
                For example we saw what 2 nba top teams were able to do. The san antonio and the phoenix played against a bad euro team and against a average one.
                They won twice I give you that. But SA won by 25 a margin that Cska or tau or Pao can also easily reach. Against ortez PAO won last year by 25 away and 35 in greece( and by using it s substitute ib both second halfs)

As far as roma is concerned , which is really an average euroleague team(perhaps not even average) they really struggled.
                And I think that roma would have lost also by PAO , CSKA ,TAU...

To concluide we also have CSKA crushing the clippers , a team that belong not to the best but surely are better than average since they qualified quite easily to the play offs. This easy victory places CSKA clearly in a superior level than clippers. And tha only nba teams that are clearly superior than clippers are the top nba teams.

So I think that before saying that still nba top teams are better than euro top teams we have to watch a game between 2 of such teams. Because to my mind since today we can t say anything with a certity.

Comment

To be honnest, I am amazed that the NBA basketball level is anything but dominating compared to Europe teams. Truth is we can't say anything at the moment. We need more friendlies to get a better overview.

CSKA may have beaten the Clippers, but the truth is that Europe has 7 to 8 teams at the same level as CSKA. Whereas the NBA has 30. Some of which are even better than that.
                  Moreover, the NBA has about 15-20 players whose athleticism makes the magical difference between the NBA and the rest of the world. I am talking about the likes of Wade, Anthony, Carter, O'Neal, Bryant, Nash, Nowitzky etc. I think that they are the difference between the NBA and the Euroleague elite.
                  PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Nonsense.
                    NBA no doubt is the best basketball league in the world. Euroleague is 2nd strongest basketball league.
                    Unfair players salary differences between teams from NBA and EL it's another point.
                    MACCABI TEL AVIV
                    Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Comment

Two world's seem to be approaching each other, but nba's still ahead.
                      CSKA is the reigning champion while clipper's a good team but not the likes of Dallas, Pistons, Miami or Suns.
                      Other euro teams close to CSKA right now are only Maccabi, Pana, and maybe a couple of Spanish teams. I think those teams in the nba would probably be play off contenders which is pretty good at this point for them...

Definitely we have to see more of those inter-continental games while I also think the idea of creating one european division is totally wrong. Euroleague should grow independently but still have some kind of playoffs between the best of nba and EL.

Comment

I totaly not agree with Matiz, first the best players at SA SPURS are Tony Parker and Mano both non US players...

and they are the only ones that showed off good plays against a europen team so far...

second fact that shows a major thing u forget: NBA CLUBS are by the 100m$+ mark budget lossing to clubs that have a budget of less than 20m$.

also if people here who claim the US is no longer the only power house and that the world already passed the gap in terms of level and skill...

explain to me how US HAVE FAILED OVER AND OVER ALSO ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL FOR MORE THAN 8 years????

its kiddy when people say:"lol we kicked ass if only Shaq here Kobe threre"...

enough people how much will it take to the one sided fans of the game(NAMELY OOHHH NBA AND US ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT ROCK) to get the point:"Tony Parker and Mano are the true starts of SA, fact.
                        The world won and wins against the US both at club and international level.

THE ONLY REASON THE NBA IS THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD IS BECUSE THE BEST PLAYERS FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD GO THERE....THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT CLUBS THERE HOWEVER ARE GOD LIKES THAT ARE BETTER THAN EUROPEN LEVEL.
                        ALSO, TO SAY U WIN THE NBA U WIN THE WORLD TITLE IS A BIG LOL...IT ONLY MEANS U ARE THE WORLD 1-1 EGO PLAY CLUB WINNER.

Comment

[QUOTE=FanBoy]I totaly not agree with Matiz, first the best players at SA SPURS are Tony Parker and Mano both non US players...

and they are the only ones that showed off good plays against a europen team so far...

second fact that shows a major thing u forget: NBA CLUBS are by the 100m$+ mark budget lossing to clubs that have a budget of less than 20m$.

also if people here who claim the US is no longer the only power house and that the world already passed the gap in terms of level and skill...

explain to me how US HAVE FAILED OVER AND OVER ALSO ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL FOR MORE THAN 8 years????

its kiddy when people say:"lol we kicked ass if only Shaq here Kobe threre"...

enough people how much will it take to the one sided fans of the game(NAMELY OOHHH NBA AND US ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT ROCK) to get the point:"Tony Parker and Mano are the true starts of SA, fact.
                          The world won and wins against the US both at club and international level.

THE ONLY REASON THE NBA IS THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD IS BECUSE THE BEST PLAYERS FROM ALL AROUND THE WORLD GO THERE, THATS ALL.

both IN TEAM PLAY AND TRUE BASKETBALL AND NOT 1-1 EGO TEAM PLAY...THE EUROLEAGUE IS FAR BETTER THAN THE US.

that is a proven fact that no us players dont know how to play with each other and only play for themselfs(or didnt the olympics and the wc06 havent proven that yet).

Comment

Originally posted by GR8BBALL
                            Other euro teams close to CSKA right now are only Maccabi, Pana, and maybe a couple of Spanish teams. I think those teams in the nba would probably be play off contenders which is pretty good at this point for them...
                            i don't agree with you here!teams close to cska or at the same level are more than those you say!
                            maccabi,panathinaikos,barcelona,tau,malaga,efes,dy namo,olympiakos.
                            of course there are other european clubs that right now don't have the roster of those teams but maybe in 1 or 2 years will again reach the top level like real or fortitudo or benneton and others!
                            http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
                            Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

Originally posted by rchos7
                              i don't agree with you here!teams close to cska or at the same level are more than those you say!
                              maccabi,panathinaikos,barcelona,tau,malaga,efes,dy namo,olympiakos.
                              of course there are other european clubs that right now don't have the roster of those teams but maybe in 1 or 2 years will again reach the top level like real or fortitudo or benneton and others!
                              I also think that euro teams you mentioned are really good but half of them have yet to prove themselves in top notch competition...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information