BSL Basketball Players Song Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSL Basketball Players Song Contest

It was arranged by Sport5 "Starting 5" TV show for DivA basketball league players in Israeli league.

Amazing, sometimes it's like WTF those guys doing in basketball & not performing instead

Placed the clips in the order I personally like it, judge yourself

It was a great joy to see these basketball players perform songs. All of them are good, but I liked Brandon Bowman in Lionel Ritchie's "Hello" most. Bowman clearly has a beautiful unique voice and added so much of his own to the song. Did anyone win or was this a non-competition thing.

This format should be copied by the NBA and other leagues in which they challenge themselves with interpretations or even better original works.
    Last edited by worldbasketball; 01-20-2012, 11:53 PM.

Comment

This reminds me of French basketball player Tony Carter very decent effort in "Premiere Love" featuring Rickwell

He has also done hip hop songs like "Balance Toi"

Tony Parker feat Fabolous Booba - "Top of the Game"

Comment

Originally posted by worldbasketball View Post
        Did anyone win or was this a non-competition thing.
        The competition isn't finished yet, every week there is a new performance that can be voted @sport5 web site.

I'll try my best to update this thread with new clips.

PS Tony Parker is a beast

Comment

So we are counting on you that you put the rest of the performances as they come.

By the way, is this open also to local players as well or just for international players? I don't see why not that there may be local talents as well...

Comment

Kobe actually raps

Kobe Bryant Freestyle Rap with J. Xavier - "Ballin"

Kobe Bryant feat Tyra Banks - "K.O.B.E....."

Kobe was also involved in a Chinese release with Jay Chou

He just makes nominal contributions but it is counted as a single

Comment

This week entry: Romeo Travis ( played with Lebron & Mo Williams in college ) "Just a Dream"

No youtube published, see it directly at sport5 site

Comment

This series is so cool. And it is such a swell to come back to their cover efforts. It lifts up your spirit and you go "Can I do a cover of this or that myself?" It is that inspiring.

By the end, its not really who is the best really. It's the spirit and this "ambiance" (French word) they are creating.

I found all these players genuinely funny and good natured, and they are trying their best to entertain. Good for them. Kudos also to the studio producers who are trying to make sense of how to put that extra something into the songs.

The story telling is just compelling and that goes to the one who is talking to them or just filming them in the series just letting them be and be expressive without too much intervention.

Comment

This week it's a song of a proud New Yorker Sylven Landesberg, SF, Maccabi Haifa

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information