PDA

View Full Version : 2006/07 Baltic basketball league (BBL) Official Thread

rusher
09-28-2006, 11:05 PM
Baltic league starts today with games in Klaipeda where the local Neptunas will play with Kalev/Cramo from Tallin and in Vilniaus where local Sakalai will try to beat Siauliai.So we will have two group A games today.

These are BBL groups

Group A
1. Barons
2. Kalev/Cramo
3. Lacplesa Alus
4. Neptunas
5. Sakalai
6. Siauliai
7. Zalgiris

Group B
1. ASK Riga
2. Atletas
3. Lietuvos Rytas
4. Nevezis
5. Panevezys
6. Rock
7. Ventspils

3 strongest teams from each group will form BBL I division, others will make BBL II division. 2 best teams from the I division then earn the spot in final four which will take place in Riga. 2 best teams from II division will play play-off games against two worst teams from I division and if they win they will play against 3rd and 4th team of the I division to earn the place in final four.

the_black_planet
09-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Could some gentle guy write the official page of the league with the game boxscores?I knew it but have forgot it...Surely an interesting league and no doubt stronger than last year's!

PHILIPeurobasket
09-29-2006, 05:41 AM
I think that thread must be here -> http://forums.interbasket.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9 :rolleyes:

Civilis
09-29-2006, 07:15 AM
Usually the page is www.bbl.net, but for the time being it does not work. Don't ask me why :rolleyes:

rusher
09-29-2006, 08:23 AM
Usually the page is www.bbl.net, but for the time being it does not work. Don't ask me why :rolleyes:

cause it's new- http://bbl.net/ without www

rusher
09-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Could some gentle guy write the official page of the league with the game boxscores?I knew it but have forgot it...Surely an interesting league and no doubt stronger than last year's!

I think it will be stronger for sure. I mean there's no doubt that Zalgiris and LR are very strong teams and this year Siauliai is also strong as they were last year and building new arena. Ventspils this year looks more interesting team because they are well prepared that wasn't the case last year when they totally ruined the team's selection before the season. Barons and ASK both increased their budgets and will play in modern Arena Riga where the final four will take place. Both estonian clubs have increased their budgets too and managed to get big crowd in Arena in their recent meeting before the season.
Valmiera/ Lāčplēša Alus team will play in new Arena too and fans say that the team is the strongest Valmiera ever had (though without Vairogs it'll be difficult for them this year). And also other lithuanian clubs are stronger this year too (there's doubt about Atletas. Their Arena and organisation wasn't really ready for BBL some time ago). But I think that this year league will be much more interesting because the weaker teams are out and I DIVISION games later in the season seems to be very good and tougher even for Zalgiris.

Civilis
09-29-2006, 08:37 AM
cause it's new- http://bbl.net/ without www

ok, some Estonian tricks, I see! :D

From what I know, in BBL we have some country-specific competences. The Estonians are responsible for the IT issues, Latvians - for financial arrangements and Lithuanians - for the organization. Getting the best from each country :)

rusher
09-29-2006, 08:48 AM
ok, some Estonian tricks, I see! :D

From what I know, in BBL we have some country-specific competences. The Estonians are responsible for the IT issues, Latvians - for financial arrangements and Lithuanians - for the organization. Getting the best from each country :)

I think the online from games will be made by lithuanians. It looks similar to the one in LKL page and by clicking it that opens lithuanian web page ''Media Benz Telekomunikacijos'' or sth like that.

Civilis
09-29-2006, 09:11 AM
I think the online from games will be made by lithuanians. It looks similar to the one in LKL page and by clicking it that opens lithuanian web page ''Media Benz Telekomunikacijos'' or sth like that.

I know that Lithuanian company is now in the process of making the new format for Fibaeurope.com. Not sure about BBL, but maybe you are right. When I read the recent bbl.net description of Zalgiris in English I realized it was a word-by-word translation from a Lithuanian text :)

YYY
09-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Haven't they already learnt that it is not recommended to leave Lithuanians responsible for website design? http://www.mtv.lt/index.php

Civilis
09-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Haven't they already learnt that it is not recommended to leave Lithuanians responsible for website design? http://www.mtv.lt/index.php

well well... maybe it was not purely Lithuanian production... something of an MTV franchise... :)

rusher
09-29-2006, 05:32 PM
First two games:
in my opinion very predictable results

Neptunas - Kalev 98:97
Sakalai - Siauliai 73:87

Tomorrow we'll have Valmiera vs Barons in new Valmiera Olimpic centre, Zalgiris vs Kalev, Panevezys - Ventspils, ASK Riga in arena Riga vs Atletas and TU Rock against Nevezis.

sashikas
09-30-2006, 07:10 AM
well well... maybe it was not purely Lithuanian production... something of an MTV franchise... :)

2006 © MTV Networks Baltic. Visos teisės saugomos. E-solution: Gaumina (http://www.gaumina.lt)

It's the same company, which made websites for FIBA U-16, U-18 and U-20 European championships.

rusher
09-30-2006, 07:32 AM
The fact is that online statistics and webpage worked very bad for the first day.
I hope they'll improve their quality.
Today is the first television game- latvian LNT television will broadcast Valmiera/LA game against Barons/LMT from Valmiera Olimpic Centre at 16.00.

Endym
09-30-2006, 07:49 AM
Also Zalgiris - Kalev will be TV game (ETV will show it).

Kalev coaches are blaming refs for yesterdays loss (including phantom foul in last seconds). Kuusmaa even says that the league doesn't have a point if refs will decide the games like they do in lithuania.

LuDux
09-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Also Zalgiris - Kalev will be TV game (ETV will show it).

Kalev coaches are blaming refs for yesterdays loss

Again??
http://www.eurobasket.com/EST/est.asp?NewsNo=2&NewsType=2

BBL team budgets according to Lietuvos Rytas and BBL director Balciunas mln$/mlnE:
Zalgiris - 4,80 / 3,77
Rytas - 4,42 / 3,48
Ventspils - 1,66 / 1,30
ASK Riga - 1,62 / 1,27
Kalev - 1,22 / 0,96
Rock - 1,22 / 0,96
Barons - 1,14 / 0,90
Siauliai - 0,74 / 0,58
Valmiera - 0,59 / 0,46
Panevezys - 0,37 / 0,29
Neptunas - 0,28 / 0,23
Nevezis - 0,28 / 0,23
Atletas - 0,22 / 0,17
Sakalai - 0,18 / 0,14

Endym
09-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Again??
Yes. But Kuusmaa is very emotional. Thats why we all love him.

And Kalev wants to send the video tape of that game to BBL headguarters in Riga. Probably just a overreaction (like the Sakalai coach blaming estonian refs last season)

Lets hope Kalev can give Zalgiris a good fight today (i can hope, can i?). With neutral refs. :)

Regarding budgets, i don't think Kalev and Rock budget is the same. Kalev is near 15 mil EEK, Rock over 10mil EEK (1USD~13EEK).

Endym
09-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Zalgiris - Kalev 74:72

Damn. That was close. But better this than a blowout loss.

rusher
09-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Regarding budgets, i don't think Kalev and Rock budget is the same. Kalev is near 15 mil EEK, Rock over 10mil EEK (1USD~13EEK).

And Barons budget is little bit bigger. It's around ASK's numbers.

BTW...budget not always decides the games

Valmiera/LA - Barons/LMT 68:65

Painfull loss for Barons- they were having many mistakes. I don't think team is really ready for the season or they just underrated the opponent. But new Valmiera's arena is really nice and the team looks very interesting so it will be the team to beat for all of the teams.

Games keep comin'

Panevezys - Ventspils 77:83 (29:17, 16:18, 22:24,10:24).

LuDux
09-30-2006, 04:13 PM

This tuesday weekly Krepsinis gave same numbers as you, but friday Lietuvos Rytas quoted Balciunas saying its 3,3 mln LLT for both teams.

rusher
09-30-2006, 09:02 PM
ASK Riga - Atletas 96:68

Millage 23, Babrauskas 22, Grafs 16, Freimanis 10, Bramlett 9, Mētra 8, Viļums 7, Šēnhofs 1.
Tribe 23, Simonavicus 18, Dabkus 12, Juknevicus 9, Dimavicus 3, Cizikas 3.

No problem at all as expected. I wasn't in Arena but what i'm heard that ASK played with youngsters more so the result could be much bigger. And Valters, Andriukaitis and Vecvagars didn't played because of injuries. If the team could get Andriukaitis and Valters ready for the next game at home vs Rytas ASK could have a chanse to play very competitive game.Nice game from 18 years old Freimanis too. ASK also has other interesting youngsters in their 2nd team that plays in LBL so I hope we'll see 'em too.

TU/Rock - Nevezis 77:71

Nice to see estonians grabbing victories or playing hard with teams like Zalgiris. League will be very good this year I hope.

sashikas
10-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Šiauliai - Žalgiris 69:87 (13:27, 20:30, 20:8, 16:22)

After not-so-encouraging opening game of the season against Kalev, Žalgiris managed to win quite easily versus the last year's third-place winners of both BBL and LKL.

Š: Marius Prekevičius 17, Audrius Danusevičius 13, Arvydas Čepulis 10, Aurimas Kieža 9.
Ž: Hanno Mottola 21, Marko Popovič 17 (6 steals, 5 rebs, 4 ass), Paulius Jankūnas 12 (9 rebs), Jonas Mačiulis 9 (6 rebs), Tanoka Beard 9.

Nevėžis - ASK Riga 62:77 (19:27, 13:13, 15:19, 15:18).

N: Mindaugas Sakalauskas 16, Tomas Rinkevičius 13, Andrius Aleksandrovas 11.
ASK: Curtis Millage 16 (4 steals, 6 TOs), Steponas Babrauskas 15 (7 rebs), Ugis Vilums 14.

Neptūnas - Barons 73:82 (21:21, 15:15, 19:24, 18:22).

N: Andrius Petkūnas 14, Michail Anisimov 12, Vitalijus Stanevičius 10, Roland Dorsey 10.
B: Curtis Marshall 16, Armands Škele 15, Maris Gulbis 15, Gediminas Maceina 13, Kaspars Berzinš 13.

Valmiera-Lacplėša alus - Sakalai 89:75 (18:19, 20:25, 29:16, 22:15)

V: Sandis Amolinš 20, Andrejs Jansons 19, Martins Berklis 16.
S: Martynas Gecevičius 14, Aidas Viskontas 12 (5 TOs), Justas Sinica 11.

Marius123
10-04-2006, 06:41 PM
ASK Rīga managed to beat visiting Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius 78:77. :)

I heard S.Babrauskas came to fist fighting with Rytas GM J.Vainauskas - is it true?

rusher
10-04-2006, 06:46 PM
ASK Rīga managed to beat visiting Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius 78:77. :)

I heard S.Babrauskas came to fist fighting with Rytas GM J.Vainauskas - is it true?

I think Vainauskas called that he is a traitor of Lithuanian basketball, this GM also wanted to fight with Millage but Nielsen stopped him :D
Rytas must improve their game because ASK played with 7 players today and one of them was 18 years old youngster. With Valters, Andriukaitis and Vecvagars who are injured the team should be more stronger. This result isn't logical for me but non the less- ASK deserved the win if they can play that good with 7 players.

elaj
10-04-2006, 06:53 PM
:D :D :D

Marius123
10-04-2006, 06:55 PM
I think Vainauskas called that he is a traitor of Lithuanian basketball, this GM also wanted to fight with Millage but Nielsen stopped him :D

Vainauskas is a conflict-prone character, while Babrauskas is always ready to smack your teeth if something's wrong. :D Overall, trying to prove your worth to a club who didn't think you're good enough and sent you travelling on loan - it's only natural.

Why on earth try to fight with some American legionnaire ... OK, whatever, stuff happens.

Rytas must improve their game because ASK played with 7 players today and one of them was 18 years old youngster. With Valters, Andriukaitis and Vecvagars who are injured the team should be more stronger. This result isn't logical for me but non the less- ASK deserved the win if they can play that good with 7 players.

Not easy to make sense of all the results. Panevėžys downs Šiauliai, then loses completely versus Rytas. Who, in their turn, lose to ASK Rīga ...

I didn't follow Latvian teams really closely this off-season ... Is ASK ready to fight Ventspils for the title?

rusher
10-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Vainauskas is a conflict-prone character, while Babrauskas is always ready to smack your teeth if something's wrong. :D Overall, trying to prove your worth to a club who didn't think you're good enough and sent you travelling on loan - it's only natural.

Why on earth try to fight with some American legionnaire ... OK, whatever, stuff happens.

Maybe because he scored decisive 2 points in the last seconds that secured ASK's win.
And I think Babrauskas really wanted to prove that he is a good player today. And he did it.

Not easy to make sense of all the results. Panevėžys downs Šiauliai, then loses completely versus Rytas. Who, in their turn, lose to ASK Rīga ...

Of course I'm not saying that ASK now is some kind of superclub but this result wasn't logical in any meaning of this word. ASK played second game in two days, travelling back to Latvia from Kedainiai, without 3 important players- Andriukaitis, Valters and Vecvagars. They were only with 6 experienced players and 3 youngsters- Freimanis, the best of them- 18 year old played and overall did great job, other two because of the game situation were on the bench all game. Maybe Rytas thought that there'll be no challenge at all in Riga.

I didn't follow Latvian teams really closely this off-season ... Is ASK ready to fight Ventspils for the title?

At first many people thought that they have not so many good players to play with Ventspils for the champion title. But now it seems they have did great job signing foreigners. Millage seems to be one of the best americans who ever played in latvian clubs, Babrauskas and Andriukaitis are two tallanted youngsters that want to prove something and Bramlett has an experience from playing in Spain. If we add NT players Sandis Valters, Raitis Grafs and former NT player Vecvagars + Mētra who played good with Barons last year and Viļums who made a good choise to come and play in ASK instead of sitting on the bench in Ventspils (he wasn't that bad player to sit on the bench for Ventspils) then I think this team is pretty good. And Freimanis- young 18 year old talent also seems to be a nice surprise. He also can play in this league. Šeļakovs and Šēnhofs will be the 11-12th man in roster so I don't think they will have many minutes.
Ventspils started the season not very good but I think they will improve. Overall I think their roster has more experienced players but team that beats Rytas is very serious opponent for them. And if Ventspils would play with ASK now I think ASK would win the game.

LuDux
10-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Todays Lietuvos Rytas about conflict between Vainauskas and Babrauskas:

Zalgirinis
10-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Hahaha, good quote from Rytas paper. Its very objective and informative :D

rusher
10-05-2006, 09:22 PM
You have great newspapers in Lithuania- our ones are only filled with uninteresting political and economical news.

Civilis
10-06-2006, 08:16 AM
You have great newspapers in Lithuania- our ones are only filled with uninteresting political and economical news.

I'd prefer to read more interesting analytical political and economic stuff than the yellow "soap operas" that dominate our newspapers... The best thing we have is lots of basketball press :)

YYY
10-06-2006, 09:29 AM
The best thing we have is lots of basketball press :)
Do we have anything else than "Krepsinis"?

Civilis
10-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Do we have anything else than "Krepsinis"?

Yes, it is the only printed weekly basketball journal, but no other country in europe has a WEEKLY newspaper or journal on basketball :)

Besides, I think we have quite a variety of Internet basketball sites and, of course, they tend to repeat each other, but compared with many other countries, we have access to lots of updated info on basketball.

Speaking in quality terms, I like www.acb.com or even www.kosarka.hr better.

YYY
10-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Look what I found... I wonder how bad it actually sounds. The last time I saw them they were touching themselves on stage. :D And yet some idiot decided that they are good enough for an official league song. Haha, my Baltic friends, you are about to experience some of the best Lithuanian music. :D

Oh, one last but not the least novelty of this season. Lithuanian pop group NEO who were very close to being sent to the Eurovision Song Contest last year composed and performed the SEB BBL 2006/2007 season song. “BBL – where the action is” will definitely be heard and sung around.

LuDux
10-06-2006, 12:36 PM
http://www.bbl.net/BBL%20-%20Where%20the%20Action%20Is.mp3

adebisi
10-06-2006, 01:12 PM
crappy song... I don't like it at all... I just listened to it 2 mins ago and I could't even whistle the melody of that "song" right now... sad... :(

woma
10-06-2006, 05:25 PM
"Rīgas basketbola klubu - "ASK Rīga" un "Barons/LMT" izrāda nopietnu interesi par Latvijas izlases saspēles vadītājiem - Jāni Blūmu, kurš šobrīd spēlē "Lietuvos Rytas" un Sandi Buškevicu, kuram jaunajā sezonā sev piemērotu klubu pagaidām nav izdevies atrast.

Rīgas basketbola komandu sastāvus varētu papildināt Latvijas izlases saspēles vadītāji, kuriem ir līgumi ar Viļņas "Lietuvos Rytas". Kluba "Barons/LMT" vadība uzsākusi sarunas par Jāņa Blūma izīrēšanu, savukārt "ASK Rīga" nopietni interesējas par Sandi Buškevicu, šorīt ziņo laikraksts "Diena".

Atgādināsim, ka ''Lietuvos Rytas'' starpsezonu periodā atteicās no Sanda Bušķevica pakalpojumiem un, daudziem par lielu pārsteigumu, noslēdza līgumu ar pagājušajā sezonā Ventspilī spēlējošo Jāni Blūmu.

Pēc neoficiālas informācijas "Barons/LMT" vadība interesējas arī par Jura Umbraško iespējamo pievienošanos Rīgas klubam."

I would be thankful if somebody could translate it, or maybe write what's the current status of Buskevics and Blums, especially Buskevics is interesting for me...

rusher
10-06-2006, 08:00 PM
"Rīgas basketbola klubu - "ASK Rīga" un "Barons/LMT" izrāda nopietnu interesi par Latvijas izlases saspēles vadītājiem - Jāni Blūmu, kurš šobrīd spēlē "Lietuvos Rytas" un Sandi Buškevicu, kuram jaunajā sezonā sev piemērotu klubu pagaidām nav izdevies atrast.

Rīgas basketbola komandu sastāvus varētu papildināt Latvijas izlases saspēles vadītāji, kuriem ir līgumi ar Viļņas "Lietuvos Rytas". Kluba "Barons/LMT" vadība uzsākusi sarunas par Jāņa Blūma izīrēšanu, savukārt "ASK Rīga" nopietni interesējas par Sandi Buškevicu, šorīt ziņo laikraksts "Diena".

Atgādināsim, ka ''Lietuvos Rytas'' starpsezonu periodā atteicās no Sanda Bušķevica pakalpojumiem un, daudziem par lielu pārsteigumu, noslēdza līgumu ar pagājušajā sezonā Ventspilī spēlējošo Jāni Blūmu.

Pēc neoficiālas informācijas "Barons/LMT" vadība interesējas arī par Jura Umbraško iespējamo pievienošanos Rīgas klubam."

Short version:
Barons/LMT and ASK are interested in getting Jānis Blūms and Sandis Buškevics (Buškevics said today in the interwiev to radio that only ASK and other foreign club is interested in him so this article isn't up to date. Buškevics said that only if they can't agree with that foreign club he mentioned he would love to play in ASK Riga). Barons seems to be interested in getting Blūms from LR- Rytas don't want him now so they are thinking they can lend him to other Lithuanian or latvian clubs.
Barons/LMT also has interest about Juris Umbraško

Marius123
10-08-2006, 09:20 PM
A question concerning the BBL competition system (which was changed a lot this year).

Will the points, collected in the first stage (underway presently), be preserved and counted in the second stage? (two divisions of 6 and 8 teams) Or they'll reset the counter and will start from zero again?

rusher
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
A question concerning the BBL competition system (which was changed a lot this year).

Will the points, collected in the first stage (underway presently), be preserved and counted in the second stage? (two divisions of 6 and 8 teams) Or they'll reset the counter and will start from zero again?

will start from zero

Civilis
10-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Has somebody of our Latvian guys been yesterday to the match Barons - Zalgiris in Riga? Our press praises the atmosphere of Riga arena and that it was finally filled with 11.000 people + 1,500 who wanted to get in, but did not manage to :)

Something of an unbelievlable sort as far as basketball is concerned in Latvia lately! :) What would be happening if Euroleague comes one day to Riga?.. Or was it only because of Ainars's issues with Barons and Zalgiris' brand?? :D

Imo, Riga has a great potential for basketball development! I somehow get an impression that there are not too many choices of sports event for Latvian fans - no true international club competition in Latvia on weekly basis in other popular sports like football or ice hockey, so basketball can realy be an attractive option!

sashikas
10-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Here are some links to photos from the ASK Riga - Lietuvos Rytas game, which took place a week or so ago. They were published in some Latvian magazine. joker (http://forums.interbasket.net/member.php?u=98) was visiting Riga on Sunday with Žalgiris fans and bought the magazine.

Steponas Babrauskas scored 27 points against his former team. After the game the general manager of Lietuvos Rytas came to him with accuses like "Traitor, traitor!" That was enough for the hot-bloded lithuanian guard. (http://images.bite.lt/banga/files/club/200610/4533a7d73dce6.jpg)

Ugis Vilums came by to help his teammate and pushed Jonas Vainauskas away (http://images.bite.lt/banga/files/club/200610/4533a7babea5d.jpg)

Eurelijus Žukauskas tried to act as a piecemaker (http://images.bite.lt/banga/files/club/200610/4533a7a03e4a8.jpg)

The cover of the magazine (http://images.bite.lt/banga/files/club/200610/4533a77b50c76.jpg)

woma
10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Yes, it is the only printed weekly basketball journal, but no other country in europe has a WEEKLY newspaper or journal on basketball :)

Polish "Basket" magazine is produced every week, even if every week I am worrying that it will broke down. But it's still on the market.
I would guess than Spain for sure have AT LEAST one weekly basketball magazine, but maybe I'm wrong...

rusher
10-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Imo, Riga has a great potential for basketball development! I somehow get an impression that there are not too many choices of sports event for Latvian fans - no true international club competition in Latvia on weekly basis in other popular sports like football or ice hockey, so basketball can realy be an attractive option!

11000 it was but only because of these Barons cards that have been given to many fans- you can go to Barons games for free with these cards.
Riga actually has a potential- football clubs are two there- one 7th in the Latvian league, second ''Skonto'' only 3rd and football is still more russian then latvian sport in Riga.
In ice hockey we are now also playing only in our domestic championship and the level is not high (mostly because young talents from U-20, u-18 teams go to prove themselves in canadian, russian, american and other junior leagues)
Volleyball our teams play in one league with Estonians but it isn't the top sport.
Basketball is getting better now in Riga, more money, better players, new Arena and eventually people will come. After ASK-Rytas there were up to 6000 spectators in a game ASK-Tartu.

Marius123
10-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Rytas continue their string of unconvincing performances in the BBL - this time winning 77:79 away at Tartu after an overtime.

And the start of ULEB Cup is approaching fast - the first guests from Vršac are coming to Vilnius on 31 October. One week to get ready.

pablonis
10-25-2006, 05:44 PM
i already lost most of my hopes after seeing a few games live, there's no decent pg (Stelmahers - too old, has one injury after another), Blum has to go back from where he came from and Pakamanis is too average, C's and Pf's, Zukauskas - i very much doubt that he will ever recover, leaving us with average Petravicius, Batista - who's very inconsistent and still has to adapt to european game... Nielsen is the only bright stop to me(though i dont understand the jew guys, why are they giving him only 15-20 min a game... sometimes even less...), Sg's and Sf's are even a bigger mess, Emmet is just like Batista - very talented, but no brains at all, Ivory... why on earth was this guy bought, he would be good enough for Barons, Tartu, etc. but he's just not good enough, Delininkaitis is a mistery to me as he always was, Lukauskis and Jomantas are the 2nd and 3rd bright spots on this team.... The Jew guys are some kind of a huge missunderstanding and our beloved GM seems to have some problems with drugs again....... so far i see no reason why i should waste my money buying tickets to see the most boring team ever (dont judge me too quickly, Rytas is, and will always be my most favourite team).... hopefully all this will miraculously change soon, or the season is lost - bye bye "Rytas back in Euroleague next season" and MEIN GOD what a hardcore raping awaits us in LKL finals... :rolleyes:
________
Small Tits Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/small-tits/)

Marius123
10-26-2006, 08:17 AM
i already lost most of my hopes after seeing a few games live, there's no decent pg (Stelmahers - too old, has one injury after another), Blum has to go back from where he came from and Pakamanis is too average, C's and Pf's, Zukauskas - i very much doubt that he will ever recover, leaving us with average Petravicius, Batista - who's very inconsistent and still has to adapt to european game... Nielsen is the only bright stop to me(though i dont understand the jew guys, why are they giving him only 15-20 min a game... sometimes even less...), Sg's and Sf's are even a bigger mess, Emmet is just like Batista - very talented, but no brains at all, Ivory... why on earth was this guy bought, he would be good enough for Barons, Tartu, etc. but he's just not good enough, Delininkaitis is a mistery to me as he always was, Lukauskis and Jomantas are the 2nd and 3rd bright spots on this team.... The Jew guys are some kind of a huge missunderstanding and our beloved GM seems to have some problems with drugs again....... so far i see no reason why i should waste my money buying tickets to see the most boring team ever (dont judge me too quickly, Rytas is, and will always be my most favourite team).... hopefully all this will miraculously change soon, or the season is lost - bye bye "Rytas back in Euroleague next season" and MEIN GOD what a hardcore raping awaits us in LKL finals... :rolleyes:

You know, similar things could be heard from Rytas fans (and anti-fans) after a couple of initial Euroleague games (versus Cibona and AJ Milano) the previous season. But then everything changed miraculously with that game in Barcelona.

But well - I'm not so sure the situation is very similar for Drucker, as it was for Spahija. The Croatian had the core of the ULEB Cup winning team. And he had Javtokas + Jasaitis + House - the trio that allowed him to cement a most suffocating team defence. I have to say I didn't see at that time the "right things" that Spahija did, forecasting what was to come after, so what do I know... :rolleyes: Maybe Drucker is also brewing some magic potion. :D Though I wouldn't bet on it. :rolleyes:

Marius123
10-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Zukauskas - i very much doubt that he will ever recover,

It's painful to see Eurelijus right now - old battered horse, who seems to ache with every move he makes. Man, he didn't manage a single rebound versus Sakalai in 10+ minutes - versus the likes of Matulis (200 cm) and Šarakauskas (202 cm) - not good. The problem he's not Sabonis, who could do miracles just walking on the court and not running. :D

Vilius
11-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Lietuvos Rytas vs Ventspils live on internet http://erdves.lt/?lt=1156826931

Endym
11-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Kalev is still trying to find a SG.

Yesterday arrived Scooter McFadgon, 24 years old 196cm SG, who was training camp signee for Hornets.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/scooter_mcfadgon/index.html

PHILIPeurobasket - he better be as good as Frier was!

Flower_Power
11-18-2006, 11:52 AM
The Jew guys are some kind of a huge missunderstanding and our beloved GM seems to have some problems with drugs again.......

Well, here we go again - your beloved drugged GM has just fired Drucker, replacing him with Sagadin. Anybody wanna bet how long will he stay in Vilinius? :D

woma
11-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Kalev is still trying to find a SG.

Yesterday arrived Scooter McFadgon, 24 years old 196cm SG, who was training camp signee for Hornets.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/scooter_mcfadgon/index.html

PHILIPeurobasket - he better be as good as Frier was!
Wasn't he supposed to sign in spanish Euroleague team :)

McFadgin should do very well for Kalev, he is a good shooter and there is a general opinion about him that he really improved over the last summer,

PHILIPeurobasket
11-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Wasn't he supposed to sign in spanish Euroleague team :)

McFadgin should do very well for Kalev, he is a good shooter and there is a general opinion about him that he really improved over the last summer,

Yes we talk with Spanish teams, but Halev give more moneys and this is reason :)

Endym please check your PM, and I wait for mail :)

elaj
11-18-2006, 08:05 PM
Yes we talk with Spanish teams, but Halev give more moneys and this is reason :)

Endym please check your PM, and I wait for mail :)
Right...:D :D :D

PHILIPeurobasket
11-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Right...:D :D :D

Unicaja, becouse now I can write talk with us about one month, with BC Kalev we talk one week, they send moneys, and we send contract with Scooter signature :)

Scooter McFadgon profile (if you didnt see):

Height: 196cm / 6'5''
Position: Guard
Born: 1982
Team: NO/Okla City (USA) (2006-07)
Nationality: USA
College: Tennessee (SEC)

Career / Comments:
Born: May 6, 1982
First name: Cornelius,
Nickname: Scooter
--------
Outlook:
He has good size at around 6-5 which means he can play
the three as well as the two-guard. He is a good
shooter and knows how to get the ball down in the
basket.
--------
Career:
Memphis, TN / Raleigh-Egypt HS: 21.4 points, 7.7
rebounds and 5.3 assists
2000-2001: Memphis (NCAA): 9.8ppg, 3.5rpg, 1.4apg
2001-2002: Memphis (NCAA): 31 games: 9.4 ppg, 4.1 rpg,
1.7 apg
2002-2003: sat out
2003-2004: Tennessee (NCAA): 29 games: 16.9ppg,
4.2rpg, 1.9apg
2004-2005: Tennessee (NCAA): 26 games: 14.3ppg,
4.0rpg, 1.9apg, FGP: 39.2%, 3Pts: 33.3%
2005-2006: Harlem Globetrotters (US Pro)
2006 July: Toshiba Vegas Summer League (Washington
Wizards) 5 games: 6.2 ppg, 1.4 rpg, FGP: 41.7 %, FT:
90.0 %, 12.8 minutes per game
2006 July: Summer Pro League in Long Beach (Washington
Wizards) 4 games: 15.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, FGP: 47.8 %, FT:
88.2 %
2006-2007: In Oct.'06 signed at New Orleans / Oklahoma
City Hornets (NBA) 3 pre-season games: 3.7 ppg, 2.0
rpg, FGP: 45.5 %, 13.3 minutes per game.
--------
Awards/Achievements:
NIT 3rd Place -01
Conf.USA All-Freshmen Team -01
NIT Champion -02
All-SEC 2nd Team -04
NABC All-NCAA District 7 2nd Team -05

Summer League vs LA Lakers: 36 points, 7 rebounds, 4
asssist, 2 steals, 60.8 % FG (14/23), 7/8 FT in 43:50
minutes !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I know that he will be a key player in Kalev, and also in all Estonian league :)

Endym
11-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Yesterday got to see basketball game first time this season.

Kalev won Sakalai 90:76

Better team won, no doubt about it. We were better and deserved the win.

McFadgon surely can shoot. He still looks a little lost on offense, trying to learn all the plays, and his teammates failed to see him man times when he was open. His defense was ok i quess, couple of times got fooled but overall a good effort. Not a defensive specialist by any means, but not a blackhole either. Not sure how athletic he is - his drives were ok, but he doesn't look very athletic (altough he showed with fastbreaks dunks that his vertical is good). And the fact that he got NBA camp invitation also shows that his speed and athletic ability must not be too bad. Hopefuly he is not going to be one dimentional catch-and-shoot player. One thing is sure - if he dreams about NBA, he can only be there as 3pts shooting specialist.

And it was clear that he is not in his best shape yet, hopefuly it will improve quickly.

I liked Reed. But he is no way 203cm like official site says. If i had to quess, i'd say he is 198-199cm max. But he surely is skilled. Truely skilled but undersized post wizard. Wednesday against BC Kiev he exploded for 37 pts and 11 rebounds. Yesterday he "only" got 19pts and 4 rebs. Too bad his defense lets a lot to be desired.

rikhardur
12-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Full game torrent video:

Lietuvos Rytas vs Rock (9th December): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=1819

rikhardur
12-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Full game torrent video:

Ventspils vs ASK Rīga (16th December): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=1954

a-Ha
12-19-2006, 09:21 PM
the six finalists are clear now: Žalgiris, Lietuvos Rytas, Šiauliai, ASK, Ventspils & Barons. 3 Latvian teams & 3 Lithuanian! it will be very exciting, although it's a pitty, that Estonians didn't reach final 6. ASK could be ready to beat best two Lithuanian teams, so could Ventspils.

rusher
12-21-2006, 11:04 AM
the six finalists are clear now: Žalgiris, Lietuvos Rytas, Šiauliai, ASK, Ventspils & Barons. 3 Latvian teams & 3 Lithuanian! it will be very exciting, although it's a pitty, that Estonians didn't reach final 6. ASK could be ready to beat best two Lithuanian teams, so could Ventspils.

Rytas looks solid as a rock in ULEB Cup and it will be hard to win against them.
But on the other hand Ventspils also starting to play very good basketball home and away (FMP) and ASK managed to beat them two times so...
Zalgiris is in pretty bad condition so we could also see tough games coming for them.
Barons won Siauliai and Neptunas easy to qualify but Siauliai are strong at home (as always). But at the moment I would like to see the final standings like that:

1. Rytas
2. ASK
3. Zalgiris
4. Ventspils
5. Barons
6. Siauliai

Teams that deserved to qualify, qualified.
Little sorry for Rock only. Good team- won both Latvian ''Galacticos :D'' at home and had a veeery competitive home game vs Rytas. If they were in group A I bet they would've qualified from it.
But at the end we have a pretty solid company- 1 Euroleague club, 2 ULEB Cup clubs and 3 FIBA Cup clubs so the best qualified.
And I hope that Lithuanians don't think that they don't need latvians and BBL.

And I like not only the fact that latvian teams play well but also that they can get 6 500 people watching and enjoying ASK - Ventspils game

pablonis
01-06-2007, 08:31 AM
first two games of division 1

Lietuvos Rytas Vilnius - Barons Riga 76:55

Siauliai - Ventspils 82:69

Rytas play's Siauliai and Zalgiris meets ASK today
________
How To Roll A Joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

rikhardur
01-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Full game torrent video:

Žalgiris vs ASK Rīga (6th January): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=2306

PHILIPeurobasket
01-20-2007, 05:42 AM
Saturday, 20th January 16:45 GMT BBL match Lietuvos Rytas vs Zalgiris. Watch Here -> http://erdves.lt/?lt=1156826931

Replay will be shown 20:45 GMT here -> http://erdves.lt/?lt=1156826931&tv=81

Guys can somebody record this game for me :confused: Please :)

YYY
01-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Don't worry, I'm almost sure it will be uploaded to sportbit.

sashikas
01-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Lietuvos rytas - Zalgiris 78:88 FT

LR: Slezas 23
Z: Machado 21

PHILIPeurobasket
01-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Lietuvos rytas - Zalgiris 78:88 FT

LR: Slezas 23
Z: Machado 21

So we have answer -Zalgiris still is a great and danger team! Congrat's Zalgiris fans! I wait for torrent from this game ;)

sashikas
01-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Here are some photos from the game

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880393_DSC_0150.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880354_DSC_0166.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880335_DSC_0168.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880325_DSC_0185.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880318_DSC_0188.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880308_DSC_0196.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880287_DSC_0209.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880277_DSC_0222.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880250_DSC_0234.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880239_DSC_0236.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880224_DSC_0326.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880158_DSC_0355.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880132_DSC_0367.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880108_DSC_0385.jpg

http://g.delfi.lt/images/pix/file11880096_DSC_0411.jpg

sashikas
01-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Another photo gallery could be found here (http://www.audriusz.net/gallery/LRyt-Zalg)

Basket_
01-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Also you can find many photos in there:
http://www.fotoreporteris.com/bbl_lrytas_zalgiris/index.html

rikhardur
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Full game torrent video:

Lietuvos Rytas vs Žalgiris (20th January): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=2568

PHILIPeurobasket
01-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Full game torrent video:

Lietuvos Rytas vs Žalgiris (20th January): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=2568

and this is great post rikhardur - thanks you so much for this link :) !!!

Marius123
01-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Nice win by Žalgiris. It doesn't give much from the tournament table point of view (being first or second in the BBL regular season doesn't matter that much... I can't see very big differences between the teams from 3rd to 6th place, it will be a final six - hence no homecourt advantage), but was important psychologically. Finally, finally, after a long period of disasters, Žalgiris showed they can play, if they really want to.

There were good signs in the Euroleague already - better basketball in the loss versus CSKA in Moscow, than before, so I kinda was hoping for a similar performance.

Surely, Rytas lacked Štelmahers and Nielsen, and Rush went out with a groin injury early in the game. Žalgiris didn't have Popovič and didn't use their new acquisition Collins yet (he was on the bench).

Maskoliūnas, new assistant coach of Žalgiris, told in his interview after joining the team - the biggest factor in defence is not tactical scheming, it's your concentration and desire. Saturday's match was a good illustration - the men in green held concentration through all the game and fought very hard, for every inch on the court. Tanoka showed a much improved game - he worked hard like he used in his younger days, and I can't have a single reproach to him (rare case). Mačiulis, as always, was the leading fighter. Machado had probably his greatest game for Žalgiris. He seems to adapt to the team system at last and shows good basketball understanding and court seeing. Can shoot, can play point to some extent, passes well... Penney, on the other hand, looks lost... Mottola as well... I guess the Finn might be leaving the team soon, if Žalgiris buy another big guy who can defend, like they've been promising.

Now, looking forward to Thursday's match versus Aris. All tournament chances have long been lost, but I expect a tough battle, trying to drag Aris out of Top16. Some more taste of winning in the Euroleague and the ability to defeat Rytas in this season's various competitions would be highly appreciated by the team followers, despite all the nightmares of the season.

pablonis
01-22-2007, 11:06 AM
all the "analysis" here is pointless - lacking Nielsen, Rytas lost the rebounds Big time, that was the sole reason of Rytas' loss
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Marius123
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM
all the "analysis" here is pointless - lacking Nielsen, Rytas lost the rebounds Big time, that was the sole reason of Rytas' loss

The absence of Nielsen didn't prevent Rytas from purely outrebounding and outplaying Žalgiris in the first match in December. See how Batista looked in that first match (superb), and how he was punished by Tanoka in the recent game.

There's more to it than Nielsen.

Rytas generally doesn't look very convincing at this particular time - due to injuries to a large extent, as you say. Could be some fatigue. Maybe that's part of the grand strategy to get ready for ULEB Cup play-offs...

Meanwhile, Žalgiris have improved their game in these last couple of weeks, there's more commitment, more work in defence and hustling.

The changes were enough to bring Žalgiris victory this time. What will happen next? Who know... :rolleyes: Rytas will continue to have a bigger effective roster (even after Žalgiris reinforcements), Žalgiris will hopefully not play like sissies in the way they used to, losing the Euroleague season shamefully. Longer bench helps, but not always... (what, one frontline player is out due to injuries - and this is "the sole factor" of losing versus Žalgiris? with all that hyper-deep bench ... hm... :rolleyes: )

P.S. If someone asked me about the most important factor in the game - I'd say fighting fire and passion. Žalgiris was too lazy in those recent months, taking things for granted and not working hard. Look at what Rytas achieved the previous season, working like madmen on everry inch of the court, in every game...

Zalgirinis
01-22-2007, 03:18 PM
The absence of Nielsen didn't prevent Rytas from purely outrebounding and outplaying Žalgiris in the first match in December. See how Batista looked in that first match (superb), and how he was punished by Tanoka in the recent game.

There's more to it than Nielsen.

Exactly. Marius was faster than me with this. Nielsen didnt play in first game as well, so pablonis you just owned yourself with your own post.

PS. Learn to lose with at least somewhat of dignity ;)

Basketball GOD
01-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I agree that Nelsien absence wasn't the reason why rytas lost but after this game I still think that rytas is a stronger team. What I found strange in this game how easily rytas managed to cut bigger diferences in a couple minutes while zalgiris worked for those points very hard. Also I am not sure if Machado explosion wasn't a fluke. He still took bad shots but this time they went in while in Euroleague he is shooting ridiculously poor percent by taking same shots. Zalgiris won this game because they wanted more. They played with more passion and heart.
Also after this game I am almost sure that Rytas won't win Uleb Cup. They have weak front line and I am starting to think that Sagadin isn't very good coach. He is good at making young players to good players but he isn't good tactician.

P.S. I hate A. Slezas with passion. He plays against zalgiris like someone from them killed his children :rolleyes:

Marius123
01-23-2007, 03:54 AM
What I found strange in this game how easily rytas managed to cut bigger diferences in a couple minutes while zalgiris worked for those points very hard.

Hm... Žalgiris was superior in halfcourt game with long attacks and thorough shot-clock usage, while Rytas thrived in faster transition game. :rolleyes:

sashikas
01-23-2007, 06:51 AM
P.S. I hate A. Slezas with passion. He plays against zalgiris like someone from them killed his children :rolleyes:
What's wrong with that, if he plays against bitter achrival with such a passion? The guy plays for Rytas since 1998 with only one season loaned out to Šiauliai. So he knows, how important those games are for his club, and he prepares himself mentaly for them better than anyone from his team.
Moreover, I wouldn't say, that he plays good only against Žalgiris this season :rolleyes:

rikhardur
01-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Full game torrent video:

Lietuvos Rytas vs Ventspils (23rd January): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=2633

Vilius
02-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Live now! 13:00 GMT BBL All-Star Game Baltic Stars vs Foreign Stars. Watch Here (http://erdves.lt/?lt=1156826931)

Replay will be shown later that day at 20:40 GMT here (http://erdves.lt/?lt=1156826931&tv=81).

Rosters

Baltic Stars
Raitis Grafs (ASK Riga, Latvia)
Martin Muursepp (Rock, Estonia)
Jonas Maciulis (Zalgiris, Lithuania)
Mantas Kalnietis (Zalgiris, Lithuania)
Sandis Valters (ASK Riga, Latvia)
--------------------------------------
Michailas Anisimovas (Neptunas, Lithuania)
Eurelijus Zukauskas (Lietuvos Rytas, Lithuania)
Arturas Jomantas (Lietuvos Rytas, Lithuania)
Tadas Klimavicius (Siauliai, Lithuania)
Darius Lukminas (Atletas, Lithuania)
Tomas Gaidamavicius (Panevezys, Lithuania)
Gert Kullamae (Rock, Estonia)

Coaches Rimantas Grigas (Zalgiris) and Ramunas Butautas (ASK Riga)

Foreign Stars
Tanoka Beard (Zalgiris, Lithuania)
J.P.Batista (Lietuvos Rytas, Lithuania)
Darlon Johnson (Ventspils, Latvia)
Marcelo Machado (Zalgiris, Lithuania)
Curtis Millage (ASK Riga, Latvia)
-------------------------------------
Travis Reed (Kalev/Cramo, Estonia)
A.J.Bramlett (ASK Riga, Latvia)
Hanno Mottola (Zalgrisi, Lithuania)
Kirk Penney (Zalgiris, Lithuania)
Ronald Dorsey (Neptunas, Lithuania)
Eddie Shannon (Ventspils, Latvia)
Justin Love (Ventspils, Latvia)

Coaches Zmago Sagadin (Lietuvos Rytas) and Veselin Matic (Kalev/Cramo)

Dunk Contest Participants
Darius Pakamanis (Lietuvos rytas, Lithuania), Mantas Kalnietis (Zalgiris, Lithuania), Aivaras Kiaušas (Sakalai, Lithuania), Ronaldas Dorsey (Neptūnas, Lithuania), Paulius Počiuipa (Panevėžys, Lithuania), Andrius Čižikas (Atletas, Lithuania), Curtis Millage (ASK Riga, Latvia), Kristjan Kangur (Kalev/Cramo, Estonia).

elaj
02-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks! :D

Manu Ginobili
02-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Kalnietis win's the dunk contest.it becomes a habit..
What a pity that he is dont playing much with Grigas.
Gecevicius with notable achievement,win's the three-point shootout which is very difficult I guess with all these Lithanians and Latvians out there..

sashikas
02-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Kalnietis had today plenty of time on court in the All-Star game. And he was productive - especially in the second and third quater, when the duo of him and Eurelijus Žukauskas started to deliver. It was good to see Eurelijus playing well. I hope Sagadin will find him more time on court for Rytas.

Tanoka Beard was chosen as All-Star game MVP. It must be his 14th or so award of that kind. I would say, that the organizers could be more original in picking the winner of such award... The "fearless warrior" (the translation of Beard's name from africans suahili language) didn't do anything special..

rikhardur
02-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Torrent video:

All Star (1st and 2nd periods + 3-point contest): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=2832

rikhardur
02-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Torrent video:

All Star (3rd and 4th periods + dunk contest (?)): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=2863

rikhardur
02-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Full game torrent video:

Lietuvos Rytas vs ASK Rīga (17th February): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3085

Gytaz
03-03-2007, 08:20 PM
The game between Žalgiris and Rytas was canceled in the fourth quarter, because Žalgiris's fans were really unhappy with reffees' work and started to throw full cans of beer, lighters and other stuff on the court. Rytas had a 15 points lead (87:72). Žalgiris suffered a technical defeat. And, off course, the club will have more trouble because of this.

adebisi
03-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Kaunas... :rolleyes:
The biggest question for me is: who the hell is alowding to sell cans of beer in the arena? :confused:

Gytaz
03-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Kaunas... :rolleyes:
The biggest question for me is: who the hell is alowding to sell cans of beer in the arena? :confused:

Well, empty cans isn't real threat. I guess they think that Lithuanians are so greedy that they would never throw away a full can. :) However, drunk fan is a real threat...

re5pectas
03-03-2007, 09:19 PM
That was one of the most emotional games between those clubs!
Before game it was expected Zalgiris will win, but... everytime, once again, it starts from 0:0 :rolleyes: :) :D

rikhardur
03-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Full game torrent video:

Žalgiris vs Lietuvos Rytas (3rd March): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3387

pacosas
03-03-2007, 11:09 PM
popovic had a conflict with dovidavic. maybe sentiments from eurobasket 2005 :) . bbl are alittle stupid. the referees was too low level for this kind of game

YYY
03-04-2007, 07:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSHcwv0t5iA

LuDux
03-04-2007, 06:49 PM
The game between Žalgiris and Rytas was canceled in the fourth quarter, because Žalgiris's fans were really unhappy with reffees' work and started to throw full cans of beer, lighters and other stuff on the court. Rytas had a 15 points lead (87:72). Žalgiris suffered a technical defeat. And, off course, the club will have more trouble because of this.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y146/jokeris/3c7e8a0f.jpg

White banner saids "Please don't litter the court with newspapers", behind it - beer ad. Also notice Croatian flag in honor of Popovic

Gytaz
03-04-2007, 07:12 PM
According to the news agency B92 BC Crvena Zvezda parted ways with their head coach Dragan Sakota because they are not satisfied with results this season, especially after defeat over Union Olimpija which most probably destroyed every hope for Zvezda to reach 5th place and a spot for ULEB Cup next season through Adriatic league. The new head coach will be Stevan Karadzic who was Zvezda's assistant coach . With National Team 2002 in Indianapolis Karadzic was assistant coach of Svetislav Pesic and became Champion of the World. He was head coach of NT U19 on European Championship in Belgrade 2005 where also won gold medal.
I still can't understand what it has to do with BBL. :)

The quoted post was moved to Adriatic League thread - sariss

Nimonas
03-04-2007, 07:31 PM
I still can't understand what it has to do with BBL. :)

It's best for all just to ignore philip.

adebisi
03-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Zalgiris got a penalty of 10 thousand euros and one home game they will play in empty arena. Also Zalgiris got a technical lost 0:20 and won't get a point for it. :rolleyes:

Zalgirinis
03-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Zalgiris got a penalty of 10 thousand euros and one home game they will play in empty arena. Also Zalgiris got a technical lost 0:20 and won't get a point for it. :rolleyes:

Actually the score stays the same as it was - 72:87. The techinical loss means that Zalgiris wont get a point for a loss.

Gytaz
03-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Actually the score stays the same as it was - 72:87. The techinical loss means that Zalgiris wont get a point for a loss.

All Lithuanian basketball web pages say that Žalgiris got technical loss 20:0.

Nimonas
03-05-2007, 09:27 PM

http://www.bbl.net/index.php/ZnVzZWFjdGlvbj1hcnRpY2xlcy52aWV3JmlkPTY4MTE=

1.1. BC ZALGIRIS is awarded loss by forfeit in the aforementioned game with the score of 0:20 and 0 points in classification in accordance with Article 20.2.1. of FIBA Official Basketball Rules.

rikhardur
03-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Full game torrent video:

Žalgiris vs Šiaulia (6th March): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3502

rikhardur
03-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Full game torrent video:

ASK Rīga vs Lietuvos Rytas (10th March): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3558

rikhardur
03-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Full game torrent video:

ASK Rīga vs Žalgiris OT (27th February): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3649

Marius123
03-18-2007, 01:55 PM
The BBL regular season is drawing to an end, the exciting final phase is approaching.

The competition system has been changed this season. Instead of a separate tournament for the Cup of Division 2, the top two teams from that Division will get a chance to play qualification games with teams 5 and 6 from Division 1. Then the winners will play with teams 3 and 4 for a place in Final 4.

What kind of system will be used in those pairings? Home and away games, or a single event, bringing together all the matches? I'm trying to find things at BBL.NET, but it's kinda difficult... :(

Saw Nevėžis Kėdainiai - Valmiera yesterday. Last game of Valmiera in regular season, and they did what they had to do - won it (the three point shooting of this little black guy, Philips, were something amazing) ... I haven't looked exactly into the tie-breakers - is it possible that Valmiera is pushed to place 3 by Rock Tartu and Kalev Tallinn?

(I guess they're using the regular tie-breakers in the BBL, looking at head-to-head matches first).

Just trying to figure out possible opponents for Žalgiris in the final phase, but not sure yet. Don't know what this technical defeat versus Rytas means and what happens in the present situation - more victories by Žalgiris, but the defeat being "technical" probably meaning a worse situation.

re5pectas
03-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Just trying to figure out possible opponents for Žalgiris in the final phase, but not sure yet. Don't know what this technical defeat versus Rytas means and what happens in the present situation - more victories by Žalgiris, but the defeat being "technical" probably meaning a worse situation.
Yeah, it's really kinda interesting what will mean this technical defeat. It was said, that Zalgiris won't get point for it..., but only FIBA gives 1 point to the team wich lost, and 2pts to the winner, and 0 in technical lost. And BBL counts only wins, so... who will be first? :rolleyes: (after regular season, of course :) )

Jan van Grabski
03-19-2007, 07:46 PM
What kind of system will be used in those pairings? Home and away games, or a single event, bringing together all the matches? I'm trying to find things at BBL.NET, but it's kinda difficult... :(

this is from regulations :

Playoffs phase (Eliminatory Rounds):

In each Eliminatory Round (the 1st round and the 2nd round) teams will play each other home and away, with the overall cumulative score determining the winner of the pair. In each round, the teams with the higher Regular Season group rankings will play the second game of each match at home.

Playoffs 1st round, system of play:

Pair A: Division I team 6th – Division II team 1st
Pair B: Division I team 5th – Division II team 2nd

Playoffs 2nd round, system of play:

Pair C: Division I team 3rd – Winner of Pair A
Pair D: Division I team 4th – Winner of Pair B

Winners of the Playoffs 2nd round will qualify to the Final Four phase.

Final Four phase:

The four qualifying teams will play a single game of the Semifinals as follows:

Day 1:

Semifinal A: Regular season 1st place winner vs. Winner of Playoffs pair D
Semifinal B: Regular season 2nd place winner vs. Winner of Playoffs pair C

rikhardur
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Full game torrent videos:

Nevėžis vs Lāčplēša Alus (17th March): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3729
Ventspils vs Lietuvos Rytas (17th March): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3730

rikhardur
03-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Full game torrent video:

Lietuvos Rytas vs Barons (22nd March): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=3804

rusher
03-25-2007, 08:18 PM
ASK Riga - Siauliai 80:71

and if Siauliai don't show the miracle against LR, ASK is nr.4 in BBL at the moment (before the play-offs)

Valmiera's results in LBL isn't promising. We hoped that they will be 4th strong Latvian team now but instead

Valmiera - Ventspils 70:93
Barons - Valmiera 98:77

two big defeats when there was none in BBL 2ND Division for some time, seems that it will be too hard for them to fight for a place in top 6 and then continue to fight for the final 4.
Realy the bench is one painful thing for Vetra and Barons fans to think about. When starters play, their game is at the same level as Ventspils or ASK and they can fight great with LR or Zalgiris too. When bench players come out to play- Barons LOSE. Last game against LR proved that- bench players made -14 to -26 in the last minutes. Vetra says that he just might play with 7 players in play-offs cause bench players really have fear to play good against big teams. Today they basically played with 8 men, 3 were sent on at the end of the 4th quarter. Well, today they could't make big mistakes but still- they didn't manage to get rid of the turnovers.

And:

Neptunas - Kalev 84:90

that shows Kalev must be nr.1 in 2nd division if they can overcome Sakalai at home.

Other game featured Panevezys and Sakalai. Panevezys won 79:72, doesn't really matter cause they are nr.6 and 7 in BBL division 2.

So now it seems like Valmiera-Siauliai and Kalev- Barons. Second pair sounds more promising to me but you never know. Valmiera is the only Latvian team that beat Siauliai in away game this year. Let's wait and see.

Marius123
03-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Rytas lost the last regular season BBL match in Šiauliai 87:80, this re-arranged the tournament table quite a bit.

1. Žalgiris
2. Rytas
3. Ventspils
4. Šiauliai
5. ASK Riga
6. Barons

Kalevs took a narrow home win versus Sakalai 75:73 and came to the top of Division 2:

1. Kalev
2. Valmiera

Hence, we have the brackets:

Rytas - (Ventspils - (Barons - Kalev))

Žalgiris - (Šiauliai - (ASK - Valmiera))

I wonder to what extent Rytas seriously tried to win in Šiauliai. :rolleyes:

ASK - Šiauliai series (if ASK gets past Valmiera) must be really exciting.

Marius123
03-30-2007, 12:14 PM

ASK won the first match in Valmiera by 19 points, it's clear now - we're waiting for Šiauliai - ASK.

Kalev, meanwhile, took a 3-point win home versus Barons - must be a promising match back in Riga on Saturday.

sashikas
03-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Will there be series or just one pre-semi final match during the Final Four competition as last year in Tallinn?

Marius123
03-30-2007, 09:09 PM
Will there be series or just one pre-semi final match during the Final Four competition as last year in Tallinn?

It will be a series, one game in Rīga, one game in Šiauliai.

After that stage, the four teams (Žalgiris + Rytas + ... + ...) come to Rīga and play a normal Final-4 without any preliminary matches.

Marius123
04-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Which Latvian TV channel will broadcast ASK - Šiauliai game?

rikhardur
04-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Full game torrent video:

Ventsplis vs Kalev (7th April, playoffs 2nd game): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4092

Vilius
04-20-2007, 07:27 AM
BBL Final Four will be played Today and on Saturday. It will be hosted in Latvia capital Riga. Both semi-finals and both 3rd place game and final matches will be available live on internet.

Friday, April 20th 16:00 GMT on LTV

Semi-Finals

Zalgiris vs Šiauliai

19:00 GMT on LTV2

Lietuvos Rytas vs Ventspils

Saturday, April 21st 13:15 GMT on LTV

3rd place game

16:00 GMT live on LTV / Replay 19:45 GMT on LTV2

FINAL

To watch those games on LTV:

1. Open Windows Media Player.
2. Click File->Open URL
3. Paste http://82.140.178.145:80

To watch games on LTV2:

1. Open Windows Media Player.
2. Click File->Open URL
3. Paste http://82.140.178.145:81

Jan van Grabski
04-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Lietuvos Rytas is BBL champion 2007 !!!!
81-77

from BBL.net

Finally. The momement you all have been waiting for. In the final of this SEB BBL season, we could encounter two top notch teams: Zalgiris and Lietuvos Rytas. After ridiculizing their opponents in the semis, rivals were ready to get it on in the packed Arena Riga.

Although it seemed that Zalgiris had arrived to dominate the hardwood after the agonizing start 5:0, in reality, it was scene from a different motion picture. While Zalgiris stubbornly tried to access Lietuvos Rytas basket from the post, the guests from Vilnius relied on shots from distance. 5th minute – already 5:7. The coaches of the teams strengthened their game with some high-brow stars. Zalgiris were ignited by the presence of Popovic, while Lietuvos Rytas added up Batista to their lineup. Instantly, Batista improved his team's performance by hitting his looks, even complicated fade-away jump-shots. This gave Lietuvos Rytas the extra step to end the first quarter in their favour. The result flags the great defense in the game – 7:16.

Lietuvos Rytas switched to zone defense after the break. While Woods displayed some serious post moves to help Zalgiris, this was outbalanced by Nielsen who showed some versatility at both end of the court. This allowed LR to maintain their lead 14:23. The contest commenced to become one-sided. Rush, Batista and Stelmahers compounded their forces to form a deadly triple punch. If it would not be Zalgiris, it would sufficient to say that the result of the game was certain (16:25). LR gradually increased their lead to a 17-point gap before the big break – 23:40.

Teams incresed the pace. While Zalgiris tried to be aggressive, LR played slowly, since time worked in their favour. Petravicius had his spotlight after two insane episodes. First, he pulled off an incredible putback dunk. In the next attack, he threw down a crazy one-hander in the fast break. Overall, LR still appeared to be stronger – 37:59. This changed, though. Poppovic finally started to explain his own surname by popping in several looks from behind the arc and from middle range to thrust his squad closer in the result. This encouraged Kaunas team to play better; they started making better use of their opportunities. End of the third quarter – 45:62.

Last quarter was a delight. Even though LR kept opponents in a double-digit distance, the game was fast and physical. Delininkaitis finished in traffic to maintain his status 57:69. Collins tried to encourage his teammates by hitting a tough look 61:71. This, however, was the last thing Zalgiris were able to do. It was obvious that there was too little time to get back in the game. The biggest comeback in the history of SEB BBL did not happen. LR played safe to rise above their principal opponents. Zalgiris managed to endanger their win by hitting three with less than 30 seconds on the clock, but that was all that they could do – 77:81

After losing in the ULEB Cup final, the triumph in the SEB BBL sure was sweet for the Vilnius team.

I could not watch this game which is a total disaster, now i am just waiting for the opportunity to dowwnload it :(

rikhardur
04-21-2007, 06:41 PM
After losing in the ULEB Cup final, the triumph in the SEB BBL sure was sweet for the Vilnius team.
Indeed, congrats to Rytas.

Marius123
04-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Žalgiris seemed rusted for half a game, then they started to find themselves. Too many bad components in the game, no need to start naming them now.

In the LKL finals series the better team will prevail.

Until then.

re5pectas
04-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Lietuvos Rytas is BBL champion 2007 !!!!
81-77

I could not watch this game which is a total disaster, now i am just waiting for the opportunity to dowwnload it :(
Same shit happened with me :) Hope to see it tommorow :)

rikhardur
04-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Full game torrent video:

Lietuvos Rytas vs Ventsplis (20th April, semi-final): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4455

rikhardur
04-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Full game torrent video:

Žalgiris vs Lietuvos Rytas (21st April, final): http://www.sportbit.org/details.php?id=4461