PDA

View Full Version : FINALS- China vs Jordan

Beastly
09-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Who you got?

oaba09
09-24-2011, 01:50 PM
rooting for jordan but china will most likely win it...

dorianz
09-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Who you got?

5 VS 9

Who will win?

EASY GUESS

:D:D

CKR13
09-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Voted for China. Rooting for Liu Wei to have a good game.

donno
09-24-2011, 02:37 PM
i will go with Jordan.

with those victories vs. Iran and the Philippines, it maybe their destiny to go all the way.

tomorrow's game will be a battle of SUPREMACY (CHN) vs. DESTINY (JOR)!

macan77
09-24-2011, 02:39 PM
supporting for jordan though the task would be very difficult..they can't uptempo the game coz chinese is also fast, they can't also slow the game coz chinese is big..but i want to see how the jordan coach would handle this..

ArthurDBL
09-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Vote for China. Though jordanian did a lot fantastic job, and they got confidence. But I believe China can win the game..

fadzki
09-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Going for Jordan... hoping for another upset...

budz17
09-24-2011, 03:10 PM
wild tournament so far.

my heart says jordan eventhough they beat my beloved team pilipinas.

but I have to go with china. just too big, and playing at home as well.

all_about
09-24-2011, 03:19 PM
China is the team that is going to win the gold medal of the 26th Fiba Asia championships.

Avician
09-24-2011, 03:43 PM
China is the team that is going to win the gold medal of the 26th Fiba Asia championships.

I don't think so. This is only my opinion but there are signs that Jordan will be the camp this year

OSHAFA
09-24-2011, 04:29 PM
This Time i don't expect a Win for Jordan, China has Advantages :
1-Home Court
2- Fans Support
3- Hight Differnce
4- Refereeing (The most i worry about!)

Startah
09-24-2011, 04:58 PM
my bet jordan.

Really Jordan has the most impressive wins here in Wuhan and the most difficult path to the finals they have beaten (Iran, RP, Japan) and tested to the hilt. the only way China would beat them is the Ref and nothing else (see korea game for references) :D

DarknessFalls
09-24-2011, 06:53 PM
my bet jordan.

Really Jordan has the most impressive wins here in Wuhan and the most difficult path to the finals they have beaten (Iran, RP, Japan) and tested to the hilt. the only way China would beat them is the Ref and nothing else (see korea game for references) :D

LOL Sun Yue, Liu Wei, Wang Zhi Zhi, Yi Jianlian, etc are probably scrubs in Asia competition too huh?

Federoy
09-25-2011, 12:44 AM
China is the hands-on favorite. They've got too many advantages working in their favor (let's hope the referees aren't one of them :D). However, I'll be pulling for the Jordanians to win. I've got nothing against the Chinese, but I'd love to see some new blood represent Asia at the Olympics. China has been the bellweather for Asian basketball for at least 25 years and they should be recognized for that. Even though Jordan stands little chance against the Olympic field, it's always interesting to watch new teams compete on such a high plain. Good luck Jordan!

FARIDOON
09-25-2011, 12:47 AM
China +9

Bobbyd
09-25-2011, 02:13 AM
China will win by 20+ points. They are bigger, faster, and stronger. Jordan will have a hard time scoring. Rasheim Wright likes to drive to the basket. When he does drive he will find a tall and long China front line there ready to challenge his shots. Osama Douglas will have a hard time scoring because he will be defended by Sun Yue. He will have a hard time getting his shot off against the taller, quicker defender. I pick China in a blowout.

rocketstar47
09-25-2011, 06:47 AM
CHINA will win :mad:

mavrick_h
09-25-2011, 09:51 AM
This Time i don't expect a Win for Jordan, China has Advantages :
1-Home Court
2- Fans Support
3- Hight Differnce
4- Refereeing (The most i worry about!)

number 4 so true.
two straight wrong calls on Sam Huskin limited our naturalize player performance in the QFs.
Always officiating in favor of China.

Adiga
09-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Jordan

Romia
09-25-2011, 12:14 PM
number 4 so true.
two straight wrong calls on Sam Huskin limited our naturalize player performance in the QFs.
Always officiating in favor of China.

It seems that we alway win out U Lebanon by referee ,right?;)
Iran NT who is the most powerful in AC 2011,though they lost for their arrogant,China is 2nd,no matter u accept it or not

LamowkTepowk
09-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Go Jordan!! a cinderella team :D

bukag.2011
09-25-2011, 12:28 PM
my mind says it is gonna be China.

but because im Pinoy, and we are emotional type of people,

my heart says Jordan.

Win Win for Asia.

merps baller the return
09-25-2011, 12:40 PM
ill go for jordan because of the fat "......." coach of china, arrogant fool:rolleyes:

Romia
09-25-2011, 12:47 PM
ill go for jordan because of the fat "......." coach of china, arrogant fool:rolleyes:

I dont think the fat coach is arrogant at all
look back to our NT performance in Asia,any comment by the "fat" in Asia Champion tunament is not arrogant at all

OSHAFA
09-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Congrats to the Referees !

Shame on FIBA Asia, not the first time !

psychopath
09-25-2011, 01:28 PM
referees suck... shame on them, this is a great close game and they call ticky-tacky fouls and reward china free throws...

psychopath
09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
it doesnt matter what happens here... china should be concerned with their national team... they're not as invincible as before... they have all the advantages here - homecourt, 3 nba players, experienced players like liu wei etc, size advantage their front line is the biggest in asia, they have the best training among asian teams etc..... and yet they're on a verge of losing

LamowkTepowk
09-25-2011, 01:34 PM
a funny ending. haha questionable calls. blah!!!!

psychopath
09-25-2011, 01:37 PM
fiba refs like rewarding players with points without making them make plays

whocare
09-25-2011, 01:40 PM
why got china a T?????????????????

CKR13
09-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Congratulations to China. Undefeated throughout the tournament. Donewald can breathe easier now, he has delivered China to the London Olympics.

behzadir
09-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Good game in the Final.

Congrats to both teams for a tight and exciting game,the refereeing wasn't good but it was the same for both teams. That technical foul given to Jordan was ridiculous. Ridiculous calls went to Chinese ways to. So it was a close game that China won because Jordan got nervous in the final 2 minutes because of the crowd pressure.

I think FIBA can have a relaxed relief now. They got the team they wanted to London. Now more TV viewers and supporters and then markets. It just goes that way.

Medicore Championship overall.

OSHAFA
09-25-2011, 01:43 PM
why got china a T?????????????????

better Shut up, okay?!

psychopath
09-25-2011, 01:45 PM
now we know why china really wanted that homecourt advantage...

bhinov
09-25-2011, 01:47 PM
tsk tsk tsk! that FT decided the game, it's already a great ballgame even better if it went to OT. Shady call in the endgame. :rolleyes:

Eaglefan97
09-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Wow! That was close!

As much as I respect China, I was hoping Jordan would win.
It would have been an awesome story.

They struggled early in the tournament, then they took out one of the top seeded teams in Iran, then they got even with a team that beat them earlier by taking down the Philippines, and they were so close!!!

Hats off to China.

***Of course, much has been said about the shady officiating. (Won't add to it now, there's a lot of that right above this post and they point an accurate picture of what transpired. This post is for another point.)

Despite that, this was an awesome FIBA ASIA Championships. There were some blowouts early on but from the quarterfinals onwards, there were some stunning classics!

In the meantime, see you all in the FIBA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP qualifiers!

(And good luck to the teams going for the wildcard slot. Maybe Jordan can finish their story there.)

leb-basket
i watched the game and i must say i was really sad when i saw the final score. Jordanian fellas same thing happened with us last ABC. Cheating, cheating and again cheating that's the only way they are able to win. They stole the championship from lebanon to be able to do this.
Hard luck champions(jordanians) u truly were the best team in asia this year!!!

dorianz
better Shut up, okay?!

Go back home :p:p

psychopath
09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
Go back home :p:p

is he out?

babdelkader
09-25-2011, 01:53 PM
China would be the Asian champions for 20 more years, they will host all the AC, and bring all the very bad referees to do so.
congrats for China, you're gonna humiliated in Olympics with such mediocre level...

dorianz
09-25-2011, 01:54 PM
is he out?

GOOD POINT

My bad:p:p

Phantim3dx
09-25-2011, 01:54 PM
watched the game here in china..CCTV5

first and foremost, congrats to China for winning

2nd, stop complaining about the refs calls, its homecourt advantage you are always going to get calls your way if you are the home team

3rd this was a horrible performance by Team China. Look at the stats of those turnovers, last I checked it was over 15 and jordan had less than half of that. another thing jordan as hungry as they were. they faced an uphill battle to get to china. 3 games in 3 days Iran, Philippines, thst should have made Jordan mentally and physically drained on such a schedule and emotional rollercoaster. Given all these things going against Jordan, China should have won easily! However China never fully took advantage of its opponent.

The only thing Jordan had going for them which has always been a weakness of China is put up a physical strong defense on China and they get flustered.

Congrats to Team China.

PS
the coach of team china is doneswald, that fatty american im sure is well liked by his players especially hen he sticks up for them.

whocare
09-25-2011, 02:00 PM
China would be the Asian champions for 20 more years, they will host all the AC, and bring all the very bad referees to do so.
congrats for China, you're gonna humiliated in Olympics with such mediocre level...

pity, your team got no chance to meet the bad ref because it is NOT necessary:D

whocare
09-25-2011, 02:04 PM

china was in the quarter-final in the last two olympics, do you think that it is not good enough? or send your team to London to have a try?? :p

reamily
09-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Congrats to Jordan to the Jordanian ibners Oshafa, Solo, aymanxp

Your heads should be raised high after this game:D:D

tyrael0825
09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Zaid Abbas aplloud for the refrees and kicked the chairs which can be resulted as another Technical for Jordan but refs didnt call that, instead they called T on chinese fans behind , You can never imagine sth like that cauz that should not be counted on the basketball team. Its the fans who do it, throw things or whatever, and this caused 2 free throws and possesion exchange. Have u even seem refrees calling Ts on fans and counted that on the home team?
The questionable call was the foul on Yi Jianlian at last to give him free throws and a travelling violation on Zagab before in the last 2 minutes. That was common home court whistle. If the game was hold in Jordan and same senario happened on Jordanian player the refrees will do the samething. Dont always blame the whistle, it has already been a fantastic game, the best final in about 10 yrs maybe.
Its a great game though, My highest respect to Jordan team and Rashieem Wright who made layups and 3 points in the final quarter and nearly smashed our national team by himself. Also creadit for the Jordan team coach, a brave, calm and humble man , i thought he intentionally gave a 33 pts blow out game to China in the secondary round but then defeated Iran and phillipine, then giving a 2.7s, 1pt wonderful game at last in the final.

prdovlak
09-25-2011, 03:46 PM
china was in the quarter-final in the last two olympics, do you think that it is not good enough? or send your team to London to have a try?? :p

In olympics Slovenia is goning to bust your ass.
Mmmm, wait...

oldnews
09-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Mmmm, wait...

China have kicked your NT ass in WC 2006 by doing not talking.

Test
09-25-2011, 05:14 PM
You still need to give credit for Jordan, Guy is 48 years old and almost won Asia games against China in the finals.

bukag.2011
09-25-2011, 05:56 PM
i hope jordanian reads this. kindly tell daghlas (sorry for the spelling) that he IS the best PG in asia. and that they deserve the win. U R ASIA's REPRESENTATIVE.

China is always a bully.
in Basketball,
in Land Disputes (Spratlys, Taiwan, Tibet..ring a bell?)

you havent realize all deadly airborne disease came from your country, have you?

SARS, AH1N1. etc. haha it is because u want everything even if it is not yours.

your miles away from spratleys, and yet you claim it is yours hahah.

maybe 1 day i'll hear a chinese claim they own the moon. haha

prdovlak
09-25-2011, 06:37 PM
China have kicked your NT ass in WC 2006 by doing not talking.

I know, I was sarcastic. You would beat us now too. I like your team, you have a lot athletic players who can shoot and defend.

littledk
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
i hope jordanian reads this. kindly tell daghlas (sorry for the spelling) that he IS the best PG in asia. and that they deserve the win. U R ASIA's REPRESENTATIVE.

China is always a bully.
in Basketball,

you havent realize all deadly airborne disease came from your country, have you?

haha, man, you are so cute. Learning some history is always helpful.

BTW, Saying sth does not change the fact, stop complaining and your government can absolutely try to get "your" spratleys back with your fist or your American dad's aircraft carriers:D

For this game, China did a poor job and Jordan deserves a win. But unfortunately, home advantage occurs.Good luck for Jordan in the next consolating game。

saalsapr
09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
I know, I was sarcastic. You would beat us now too. I like your team, you have a lot athletic players who can shoot and defend.

I doubt Yao Mingless China beat Slovenia.

But stranger things have happened:D

durden_tyler
09-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Congrats Jordan! You deserve it!

(Ok, they lost but they got mad respect from me.)

tyrael0825
09-26-2011, 12:48 AM

China is always a bully.
in Basketball,

I saw many basketball fans from phillipine in this forum, they are rational and kind, but why r u type of idiot appear here?
this is a basketball forum, not a politic one, if u wish to spread those anti- Chinese sentiment go to youtube kiddo, nobody here wants to start this silly argument.
I express my highest respect to Jordan team, and they can possibly still went on their legend in the wild card tournament. Hope they can make it.

eliooo93
09-26-2011, 01:46 AM
Congratulations to Jordan for this GREAT level they showed in this tournament! To be quite honest, after watching them in the 2nd round, I thought they wouldn't finish better than 6th.. but they proved me wrong and almost won the gold medal...

1 QUESTION: WHERE CAN I FIND HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE GAME? thnx in advance.

durden_tyler
09-26-2011, 02:00 AM
Congratulations to Jordan for this GREAT level they showed in this tournament! To be quite honest, after watching them in the 2nd round, I thought they wouldn't finish better than 6th.. but they proved me wrong and almost won the gold medal...

Thought the same thing as well (i thought the Philippines would handily repeat against them in the SF) but they did well starting with that Iran game, then "peaked at the right" time in a FIBA tournament format as this one!

Good job on the coaching end and handling the players motivation in different levels of the tournament.

(i was screaming at that last shot of Jordan against China that would have given them the ticket to London)

WIZARD
09-26-2011, 02:04 AM

go to the video section,ayman is already uploading the whole game

NZBrian
09-26-2011, 02:44 AM
Mmmm, wait...

Come on...Your team is not even qualified..

crush
09-26-2011, 04:35 AM
congrats to china for hanging on to claim the win!!

respect to jordan!! i was rooting for you...the fairy tale happy ending but you were still a worthy opponent..mad props to your heart and your will to win!!

zhang laosi
09-26-2011, 06:30 AM
I'm sorry or else the Philippines into the finals and was massacred by the Chinese

ryanzerous
09-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Congrats china, i really like them. i will be cheering for them in the Olympics. Jordan team is a monster too, they really put a dog fight in china. Hats off to both teams good luck!

eliooo93
09-26-2011, 02:46 PM
go to the video section,ayman is already uploading the whole game

thnx!

ylaine
09-26-2011, 05:00 PM
congratulation to china for winning the 26th asian basketball championship. and its 15 time championship.

by the way. which country is going to host the next one?. anyone?.

daniab
09-26-2011, 05:26 PM
congratulation to china for winning the 26th asian basketball championship. and its 15 time championship.

by the way. which country is going to host the next one?. anyone?.

Lebanon they said.

OSHAFA
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Lebanon they said.

Hope that they won't give it back to China again! FIBA Asia is becoming so ridiculous with it's Mafia!

ylaine
09-26-2011, 08:56 PM
singapore can afford to hold it. you need a lot of money to host this event.

list of previous host:
china - 5
japan - 5
phililppines - 2
hong kong - 1
taiwan - 1
thailand - 3
korea - 2
india - 2
qatar - 1
saudi arabia - 1
malaysia - 3

Ty000
09-26-2011, 11:05 PM
for sure the next one won't be in China. I think they should give one back to Lebanon since they were the original host of this edition but fail to make it.

ocean101
09-26-2011, 11:17 PM
it doesn't make sense that grumble here, okay?

it was a slaughter in Asia Champion by China 10 years ago, all right?

ylaine
09-26-2011, 11:41 PM
china 15 gold 1 silver total 16 medal
philippines 5 gold 2 silver total 7 medal
south korea 2 gold 11 silver total 13 medal
japan 2 gold 5 silver total 7 medal
iran 2 gold 0 silver total 2 medal
lebanon 0 gold 3 silver total 3 medal
taiwan 0 gold 2 silver total 2 medal
jordan 0 gold 1 silver total 1 medal
north korea 0 gold 1 silver 1 medal

rocketstar47