PDA

View Full Version : Philippines VS Jordan - China Vs Korea who will Win?

RoadtoLondon
09-24-2011, 01:58 AM
Place them from 1 to 4

1. ___?
2. ___?
3. ___?
4. ___?

iuhl
09-24-2011, 03:19 AM
1. philippines
2. china
3. korea
4. jordan

i dont care what everybody else think, this is what i want it to be... :D:p:D

oaba09
09-24-2011, 03:31 AM
China will win against korea(I just don't see how korea can upset the chinese squad)

The PH-Jordan game will be a close one..Both teams have an equal chance to win...

1. China
2. Winner of PH-Jordan semis
3. Korea
4. Loser of the PH-Jordan semis

foxhuyi
09-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Compare with the thin-weak and yellow chinese and strong-tall athletes in China. I will support any team which can defeat China which is dictatership country...........

RoadtoLondon
09-24-2011, 03:42 AM
1. philippines
2. china
3. korea
4. jordan

i dont care what everybody else think, this is what i want it to be... :D:p:D

thats the spirit men....

I want Philippines to win this one!

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 04:04 AM
1 china
2 Jordan
3 Korea
4 Philippines

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 04:11 AM
RP's backcourt will have a tough time against the Jordanians, who wants to bet? I go for Jordan, Winner gets a 1 and loser 0, have to put it in our signature. Durden my friend, remember the RP vs Jordan match in 2009? Remember we had fun:) Vengeance time?

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 04:18 AM
China will definitely come out as the winner in this tournament, there is a saying that home court advantage worth +10 therefore unless there is a team stronger than China by over 15 points, I don't see other possibility.

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 04:22 AM
Compare with the thin-weak and yellow chinese and strong-tall athletes in China. I will support any team which can defeat China which is dictatership country...........

You out of your mind? :D
Get outta here, we talk sports, not politics here!

Bobbyd
09-24-2011, 04:30 AM
China is the most talented team and they are playing at home. They have yet to be beaten in this tournament and I have a hard time seeing them losing. I would rank the final 4 as follows

1. China
2. Philippines
3. Korea
4. Jordan

The Philippines should be able to handle Jordan in their semi-final. They have beaten Jordan already and have not lost since the opening round of the tournament. The addition of Lutz and Lassiter in the second round has helped them a great deal and they won't lose today to Jordan. Unfortunately, I think the PHilippines luck will run out in the final against China. The Chinese are too big, too strong, too good and are playing at home. I hope that I am wrong though

rocketstar47
09-24-2011, 04:50 AM
1. China
2. Philippines
3. South Korea
4. Jordan

RoadtoLondon
09-24-2011, 05:07 AM
1 china
2 Jordan
3 Korea
4 Philippines

It's ok dude i understand you now...anyways SG always prove you wrong.... lol:D:D:D

Saskibaloia
09-24-2011, 05:22 AM
My heart says the Philippines but my head says China.

But this is basketball and like many sports ANYTHING can happen. I'm hoping that Philippines does defeat Jordan like in the earlier rounds and takes on Korea in the Finals. I am hoping Korea because I'm thinking that if they (Koreans) pull an upset then they would be far too tired to be able to handle the Philippines, that is if the Philippines cruises past Jordan.

I still remember the last FIBA Asian Championships and how Philippines lost to Jordan. I will always remember how that black Jordanian scored and how he smiled afterwards.

It was a great decision for the Philippines to obtain a naturalized player and more importantly a centre who can dominate the paint. Asi Taulava has always provided the inside presence however, there is a huge difference when you have a centre who is 6'9" 280lbs versus a centre who is 6'11" 240lbs.

MABUHAY PILIPINAS! C'MON PHILIPPINES!

Beastly
09-24-2011, 05:41 AM
My heart says the Philippines but my head says China.

But this is basketball and like many sports ANYTHING can happen. I'm hoping that Philippines does defeat Jordan like in the earlier rounds and takes on Korea in the Finals. I am hoping Korea because I'm thinking that if they (Koreans) pull an upset then they would be far too tired to be able to handle the Philippines, that is if the Philippines cruises past Jordan.

I still remember the last FIBA Asian Championships and how Philippines lost to Jordan. I will always remember how that black Jordanian scored and how he smiled afterwards.

It was a great decision for the Philippines to obtain a naturalized player and more importantly a centre who can dominate the paint. Asi Taulava has always provided the inside presence however, there is a huge difference when you have a centre who is 6'9" 280lbs versus a centre who is 6'11" 240lbs.

MABUHAY PILIPINAS! C'MON PHILIPPINES!

But you forgot the 2002 GAME where we was beaten by Sokor with Olsen missing 2 free throws he usually makes? That's more painful than Jordan game.

Anyways.

1. Philippines
2. China
3. SOKOR
4. Jordan

NOT BEING BIAS JUST SHOWING MY SUPPORT :)

Bad_Shot
09-24-2011, 05:42 AM
Fearless Forecast! :p

1. philippines
2. china
3. jordan
4. korea

Azrael
09-24-2011, 05:57 AM
RP's backcourt will have a tough time against the Jordanians, who wants to bet? I go for Jordan, Winner gets a 1 and loser 0, have to put it in our signature. Durden my friend, remember the RP vs Jordan match in 2009? Remember we had fun:) Vengeance time?

crouchy, i'll accept the bet :) Just for fun :cool:

nashill
09-24-2011, 06:01 AM
china....

but anything can happen...

uhfotis
09-24-2011, 06:12 AM
Can someone tell me when these games are or hit me up with a link to the sched? I can't seem to find the right tournament on the FIBA Page

TigerCubsGoUSTe
09-24-2011, 06:14 AM
the poll is for 2 games but we can only vote once? hope you can tweak the poll to allow 2 votes.

my vote:
PHI over Jordan
KOR over China

Korea might just be the contrapelo of China, just as Jordan is to Iran.

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 06:19 AM
crouchy, i'll accept the bet :) Just for fun :cool:

You are on! And on my friends list too:)

Batman
09-24-2011, 06:36 AM
You are on! And on my friends list too:)

I'll accept also your bet My friend! Gilas will prove you wrong.

RoadtoLondon
09-24-2011, 06:54 AM

Ill accept your bet!

iuhl
09-24-2011, 07:00 AM

ok, bet accepted, count me in... :)

Guts
09-24-2011, 07:01 AM
1 Philippines
2 China
3 Jordan
4 South Korea

psychopath
09-24-2011, 07:16 AM
jordan wins the semi final match against phils, no doubt about it... this is phils 1st time in the final four and they have no players there who has experience in the semis... on the other hand, jordan has been in the semis before and therefore more experienced and will be more poised...

the lack of experience on this stage will show in the game of the phils as they will fall behind early and will be forced to play catch up the rest of the way... however, this time phils will run out of 2nd half blitz or firepower and jordan essentially bags the silver medal by virtue of a 70-58 win...

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 07:22 AM
Ok, you guys are on my Pinoy friends:) the game is about to start, grab your beers and enjoy the show! I already have my San Miguel beer and chips ready!

bolabasket
09-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Any stat links?

Mindozas
09-24-2011, 07:46 AM
Any stat links?

I'm following on official site's livescore

http://static.sportresult.com/federations/fiba/live-2011-node/?event=5195&game=56

Good luck Pinoys, would like to see you on international stage next year :cool:

Beastly
09-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Ill accept your bet!

Ill accepgt your bet CrounchingTiger

merps baller the return
09-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Ok, you guys are on my Pinoy friends:) the game is about to start, grab your beers and enjoy the show! I already have my San Miguel beer and chips ready!

you drink your san miguel im drinking my redhorse;) lets have anice game shall we:)

Dinamita
09-24-2011, 07:58 AM
live streaming

http://www.gilaspilipinas.com/2011/09/smart-gilas-pilipinas-vs-jorda-fiba.html

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 08:18 AM
live streaming

http://www.gilaspilipinas.com/2011/09/smart-gilas-pilipinas-vs-jorda-fiba.html

Evenly matched game, this is basketball! :)

psychopath
09-24-2011, 08:24 AM
phils cant get away with dahgles forced to sit out most of the 1st half... most phils players getting tentative on offense passing up on open opportunities... clear sign of feeling the pressure... jordan gets this game in the 2nd half winning by 8 pts, 60-52...

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 08:44 AM
RP's backcourt is being punished, like what I said earlier.....

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Whoa! Nice dunk by William!!!!

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 08:55 AM
Alapag vs Wright is nice to watch, toroman should start alapag !

psychopath
09-24-2011, 08:56 AM
alapag folding in this big moment... just what i said... lack of experience equals tentativeness and turnovers... phils commiting lots of unforced errors

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 08:59 AM
I don't know why toro took out alapag?! RP was inching their way back under alapag

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:00 AM
With under 5 min left, bring back alapag!!!!

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:02 AM
Man to man defense is going to be futile bc Jordanians got height and weight AND speed over RP

Eaglefan97
09-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Uh oh.
Jordan seems to want the game more.
GILAS not showing the hustle, energy and heart we know it has.

timberpro
09-24-2011, 09:05 AM
lets face it. Jordan wanted to win more. The Philippines were running slow and tentative all the while. Their hearts werent there today. Such a pity.

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:09 AM
lets face it. Jordan wanted to win more. The Philippines were running slow and tentative all the while. Their hearts werent there today. Such a pity.
It's not about the heart or whatnot, Can't you guys see Gilas boys already tried their best?!, Jordanians played a very very good zone today that almost cancels out the function of Douhit under the basket, then the backcourt of RP got punished, as their taller, heavier yet as fast backcourt slashes in and create fouls on RP side. Man, do you even understand BB?!!!!!

Hardy
09-24-2011, 09:10 AM
welcome to the final jordan :cool:

psychopath
09-24-2011, 09:11 AM

you got it bro... TENTATIVE... though i think phils is the deeper team, jordan is the more experienced team...
experienced weighs a lot in final four games like this, given the 2 teams are equal in strength...

crouchingtiger
Man, don't blame it on your boys! It wasn't easy for them, you can see they tried their best!

Batman
Jordan goes to the finals after outsmarting our very own Smart Gilas Pilipinas in their semifinal duel. SGP's last chance of qualifying in the London Games 2012 will be to finish 3rd as they will wait the losing team in the China-South Korea. Pagkasayang sa oportunidad nga gihatag sa Kahitas-an pero saludo gihapon mi ninyo sa inyong gipakita! Kudos to our Smart Gilas Pilipinas! Go job Jordan!

daniab
09-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Congratulations to Jordan from the bottom of the heart, you truly deserve it!
Hard luck to Philippines, you still have to put your best in 2morrow's game!

timberpro
09-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Man, don't blame it on your boys! It wasn't easy for them, you can see they tried their best!

Yes we should blame you. You know best.

b3lowzro
09-24-2011, 09:15 AM
congrats to our Jordanian friends here, now lets pour it out on the battle for 3rd and a slot in the FIBA Olympic Qualifiers

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Yes we should blame you. You know best.

Haha, I am on my way to 6th bottle of San mig, nice game my bro, I enjoyed it!

macan77

yeap, still proud of the boys..everything was not going in..it seems that jordan was always one step ahead of the the team..jordan deserves it..no excuses..jordan ride the momentum from yesterdays win against iran..still, great job for the smart gilas..still one more game against korea (preferably) and a win will still give us the best finish in almost 2 decades..very bright future for team philippines..thanks

psychopath
korea beats china 78-75

merps baller the return
grats jordan! common gilas lets go bag that 3rd tomorrow!:cool:

AlYuson
Tragic but lets face it. Still lets give our pinoy nationals a round of applause for making it at top 4 in Fiba Asia in 24 yrs. Its payback time for jordan, after their stunning upset on Iran, they showed they are the better team and stronger than the phils.

Leb
Congrats to Baldwin!
Now I know how dumb our federation is!!

timberpro
09-24-2011, 09:17 AM
It's not about the heart or whatnot, Can't you guys see Gilas boys already tried their best?!, Jordanians played a very very good zone today that almost cancels out the function of Douhit under the basket, then the backcourt of RP got punished, as their taller, heavier yet as fast backcourt slashes in and create fouls on RP side. Man, do you even understand BB?!!!!!

Its not because you tried your best, your heart was into it. Thats not always the case. Man, do you even understand logic?

Beastly
09-24-2011, 09:19 AM
Urghhh this is a hard pill to swallow. Deja vu of 2002 Asian Games? We're likely facing Sokor on the Bronze game.

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:20 AM
korea beats china 78-75

That's not gonna happen! Wanna bet? Loser puts "I am stupid " on the signature? :D I go china wins

Pandesal
09-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Tough loss to take.

But congratulations Jordan. Go and finish the job!

Mojado
09-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Congrats to Jordan! Wright finally played a good game today.
Jordan really stayed focused when it mattered most while Pinas decided to force 3's out of nowhere to destroy their own rhythm. Watching a frustrated Douthit is really painful. He only got the ball if he rebounded it off the glass after another sensless three-pointer (3 out of 23!). Korea will be tough to beat for the 3rd place. Good luck to both teams!

OSHAFA
09-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Congrats to our Jordanian NASHAMA, I was sure of the Win cause we know what we have :D

NASHAMA LIONS Can't be tamed......

khaledlebanon
09-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Deserved win for Jordan!!
Congrats!!

Beastly
09-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Another reason for the lose is Ranidel playing like Yancy in the 2nd half thought I'm not blaming it as a whole. But what else is new for a guy with outside shooting in Philippines? Not much bball IQ.

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Its not because you tried your best, your heart was into it. Thats not always the case. Man, do you even understand logic?

When you tried your best and it still doesn't work and you just watch the opportunity slipping, that's the time your heart goes out, that's normal for any human being, that's what happened to Chinese taipei and Iran yesterday! Man, do you even know BB and human nature :D

You can't generalized every game loss to "lack of heart" except for the Qatar :D

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Tragic but lets face it. Still lets give our pinoy nationals a round of applause for making it at top 4 in Fiba Asia in 24 yrs. Its payback time for jordan, after their stunning upset on Iran, they showed they are the better team and stronger than the phils.
Well said! :)

donno
09-24-2011, 09:35 AM
congratulations to Jordan! they deserved to win in this game. good luck on your Finals game vs. CHN/KOR. who knows, it maybe your destiny to become this year's champions.

on the other hand, my hats off to our Gilas team! they made our nation proud with their achievements in this tourney. finally, we are back in the region's radar. let's win the 3rd place game tomorrow and make our country even prouder!

iuhl
09-24-2011, 09:36 AM
well congrats to jordan...

CKR13
09-24-2011, 09:39 AM
Congratulations as well to Jordan. I salute the team's resiliency.

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:39 AM
well congrats to jordan...

Hey, where is your signature? :D

iuhl
09-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Hey, where is your signature? :D

i'll just put it on, i dont know why it is not registered...

jordanian74
09-24-2011, 09:43 AM
Congrats to our team and hard luck to the very good Philippine team,

it was a close game up the 4th qrt, the two teams were nervous in the first half, the Jordan got out of nervous mode and that helped, the two teams are very close in power,

Go luck for the Philippine team and I hope we can continue in the same level and keep rising in the coming final game

interxavierxxx
09-24-2011, 09:49 AM

it was a close game up the 4th qrt, the two teams were nervous in the first half, the Jordan got out of nervous mode and that helped, the two teams are very close in power,

Go luck for the Philippine team and I hope we can continue in the same level and keep rising in the coming final game

Same to you my friend. I hope for further growth in the game of basketball in our countries. Let's keep playing hard.

iuhl
09-24-2011, 09:50 AM

good luck to your team jordanian, i'll be routing for your team to pull out another big upset against china...

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Another reason for the lose is Ranidel playing like Yancy in the 2nd half thought I'm not blaming it as a whole. But what else is new for a guy with outside shooting in Philippines? Not much bball IQ.

Sig? :D

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 09:53 AM
good luck to your team jordanian, i'll be routing for your team to pull out another big upset against china...

A win for the Jordanians won't come easy my friend, china would have 8 players on the floor tmrw..........

jordanian74
09-24-2011, 09:59 AM

thank you very much, of course it will not be easy against China ( assuming they will be there when you never know what will happen with S. Korea)

you have a great team, they need support,

for Jordan, this is a golden team that has very minimum support from the country but was able to accomplish a lot

aymanxp
09-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Great win ... and great performance ....

Thanks to all the players for this historical moment

AlYuson
09-24-2011, 10:03 AM
Oh! no way jordan can duplicate what they had done against Iran (upset). China is way taller, bigger and they are not easy to push either ;)

jordanian74
09-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Oh! no way jordan can duplicate what they had done against Iran (upset). China is way taller, bigger and they are not easy to push either ;)

I agree with you it will be difficult to repeat that, but you never know.
I have faith in my team that they can do it with all respect to the Giant China

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 10:06 AM

(and they have referees on their side too......shhh...) :D

bhinov
09-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Congrats to Jordan, i'm cheering for your team in the Finals. Goodluck!

jordanian74
09-24-2011, 10:09 AM
I agree with you it will be difficult to repeat that, but you never know.
I have faith in my team that they can do it with all respect to the Giant China

Also, let us not forget S. Korea, the most important rule of success that we respect all teams, they might do it

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 10:12 AM
If I am right, those naturalized players from Jordan are also playing in CBA, Jordan has the ability to post serious threat for the Chinese tomorrow, but like what I have observed in this tournament, china enjoyed referee's whitsle and they will too tomorrow. Good luck to the Jordanians, I wish to see a fair game tomorrow!

jordanian74
09-24-2011, 10:14 AM
If I am right, those naturalized players from Jordan are also playing in CBA, Jordan has the ability to post serious threat for the Chinese tomorrow, but like what I have observed in this tournament, china enjoyed referee's whitsle and they will too tomorrow. Good luck to the Jordanians, I wish to see a fair game tomorrow!

Jordan has one naturalized player "Rashiem wright" ( who is very important player )

thank you wishing my team good luck I wish your team the same

crouchingtiger
09-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Jordan has one naturalized player "Rashiem wright" ( who is very important player )

thank you wishing my team good luck I wish your team the same

Uh..I am not a Chinese :D, My favorite teams are: Lebanon of khatib time, RP and china of Yao time.

oaba09
09-24-2011, 11:04 AM
As I said yesterday, I'm already satisfied in making the semis...Anything more is just a bonus...Congrats to Jordan. They played one hell of a game...I'm not expecting for our national team to beat korea but I do wanna see them at least give korea a close game....

dorianz
09-24-2011, 11:25 AM
A win for the Jordanians won't come easy my friend, china would have 8 players on the floor tmrw..........

You underestimate the number....

There would be another Tech Rep on side.

So...

5 VS 9

Happy?

:p:p

SG 3000
09-24-2011, 01:09 PM
a better match between china and korea compared to the other semis game. its 4thq and its just a six pt lead for china :eek:

uhfotis
09-24-2011, 01:19 PM
Every time Korea plays China I'm encouraged that maybe Koreans will finally realize that Ha Sung Jin is not a good basketball player... a big basketball player who plays in a league with guys who are all way smaller than him... but against guys his own size we see how unskilled he actually is.

meds
09-24-2011, 01:20 PM
if china wins, i believe that we can pull upset to korea for the battle of third place.

Cryotek
09-24-2011, 01:31 PM
if china wins, i believe that we can pull upset to korea for the battle of third place.

Yup..if this korean team will not shoot their 3s like in this game!

PostMaster
09-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Philippines will be good at 4th. There's no way they can beat the Koreans.
1. Philippines is demoralized after the defeat. Dead People can't stand from the grave.
2. And so is Korea
3. Korea has better shooters (great shooters) compare to the Philippines.
4. Korea is bigger and stronger.
5.Philippines should be proud and lucky for their finish. With the disqualification of Qatar, easy groupings which stayed away from Strong teams like Korea and Iran.
6. Lastly, They cannot go beyond that because POLITICS is attached to every sports program of this country.

crush
09-25-2011, 03:13 AM
congratulations to jordan for the well deserved semis win! im rooting for you in the finals!

win or lose i'm still proud of gilas. let's go get the bronze!

Cryotek
09-25-2011, 04:59 AM
When was the last time the Philippines have won over a Korean team in international basketball competition?? Any info? Thanks in advance!:confused:

AlYuson
09-25-2011, 05:43 AM
When was the last time the Philippines have won over a Korean team in international basketball competition?? Any info? Thanks in advance!:confused:

Philippines managed to beat south korea in 2007 jones cup.

2007 Jones Cup Asia-Basket news:

Philippines 88-84 South Korea

Once again, the outcome of the game came down to the last minute for the Philippines. And they seized the opportunity this time.

Gabe Norwood, who came from George Mason University, had a game-clinching power dunk with 10.5 seconds left to give the Philippines a comforatble six point lead, and eventually a 88-84 victory over South Korea.

The Philippines ended its two game slide and is is back in the tournament as six teams tied with a 2-2 record after four days of action.

PHI: Mark Caguioa 19p, Donaldo Hontiveros 14p, Gabe Norwood 12p, Asi Taulava 7p+7rb

KOR: Kim Dong-woo 20p, Kang Byung-hyun 16p+5a, Kim Min-soo 14p+6rb, Kim Seung-hyun 9p+7a+4s

seigle42
09-25-2011, 05:50 AM
philippine has been shocking performance especially fg/3pt shooting.

that was sucks! :mad:

Cryotek
09-25-2011, 06:04 AM
philippine has been shocking performance especially fg/3pt shooting.

that was sucks! :mad:

That's always our main problem in international competition...why not here we hire a korean coach instead!!! hehehe...:D

Cryotek
09-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Philippines managed to beat south korea in 2007 jones cup.

2007 Jones Cup Asia-Basket news:

Philippines 88-84 South Korea

Once again, the outcome of the game came down to the last minute for the Philippines. And they seized the opportunity this time.

Gabe Norwood, who came from George Mason University, had a game-clinching power dunk with 10.5 seconds left to give the Philippines a comforatble six point lead, and eventually a 88-84 victory over South Korea.

The Philippines ended its two game slide and is is back in the tournament as six teams tied with a 2-2 record after four days of action.

PHI: Mark Caguioa 19p, Donaldo Hontiveros 14p, Gabe Norwood 12p, Asi Taulava 7p+7rb

KOR: Kim Dong-woo 20p, Kang Byung-hyun 16p+5a, Kim Min-soo 14p+6rb, Kim Seung-hyun 9p+7a+4s

Thanks, BTW...Is that their Korea's national team back then or just their Team B?:rolleyes:

AlYuson
09-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks, BTW...Is that their Korea's national team back then or just their Team B?:rolleyes:

If im not mistaken it was really their Team A. Even giant ha seung-jin and argentina born kim min-soo were in the lineup, including some of their veterans like kim joo-sung, lee kyu-sup and kim seung-hyun ;)

seigle42
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
Y0u ain't got next TOURNAMENT, asi taulava!!! YOU'RE OLD MOTHER HUBBARD!!!