vs. Lebanon 60 - 58 Win
vs. South Korea 61 - 82 Lose
vs. Malaysia 109 - 62 Win

eliooo93
09-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Philippines by 15.

Percival O. Flores
09-21-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm not saying that it's a cinch, but all indicators point to a Philippine win tonight over Chinese Taipeh. We have beaten them several times in the Jones Cup and in the last Asian Games and I don't see why we cannot repeat over them, considering the performance of our team in the second round.

The Smart Gilas Pilipinas have played very well, especially in the second of their games. The perimeter defense has been superb, partuclarly in the crucial moments of the game, as what happened in the matches against Jordan, Japan and Syria.

Marcio Lassiter and Chris Lutz provide solid perimeter defense. Jimmy Alapag is a proven sparkplug off the bench. Macus Douthit is the main man inthe shaded lane. Ranidel de Ocampo, he of the line drive jumpers, has become a silent enforcer. Just about everyone has contributed to the three straight Philippine wins.

I just hope our team will not get cocky and concentrate on the job on hand.

Go Philippines!

durden_tyler
09-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Rivals. Pffft.

all_about
09-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Philippines are going to win over Chinese Taipei. You can count me on that.

durden_tyler
09-22-2011, 12:08 AM
Philippines are going to win over Chinese Taipei. You can count me on that.

Yup. This is but all in the bag.

:D

CKR13
09-22-2011, 12:17 AM
Philippines by +18

reamily
09-22-2011, 12:35 AM
The Philippines is itching to regain the respect from the other basketball countries especially in Asia..
But the first thing to needs to be done to make that happen is respect our opponents...

The best respect we can give to our opponents is giving the best we can in terms of circumstances not magnifying and underestimating them..

Hell of a match we all have the advantage we hope to exploit it to bring the win:D

Fanboy mode:

beat the hell out of these taiwanese and James Mao should guard Marcus Douthit as he promise Filipino trans:"tingnan natin kung gang saan yun yabang nya":D

psychopath
09-22-2011, 01:15 AM
I'm not saying that it's a cinch, but all indicators point to a Philippine win tonight over Chinese Taipeh

its on Friday

GilG
09-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Barring some unforseen circumstances, the Philippines should be able to handle Taiwan pretty easily. Our players are getting rest today, so I don't think fatigue will be an issue at all.

thayil
09-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Philippines by +18

dahil dyan I love you na!:)

alien space bats
09-22-2011, 02:31 AM
taiwan nt is our [email protected], forever and always.

just the same it is important to remind the refs that a taiwan win will greatly favor china's archnemesis iran because the former have no capability to tire or upset the reigning asian champs. on the other hand, a philippines victory will mean a tougher semis opponent for iran. for china to be effective against them, the reds need to face a physically and mentally exhausted iranian team. otherwise, no amount of favorable calls will save them even on home soil. so i hope the refs will just let us [email protected] taiwan this friday without unfairly intervening.let's just say we are doing the mainland chinese team a favor--- without prejudice of course to our own desire to beat the same in the finals if the opportunity presents itself.

GilG
09-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Not sure if the Mainland will do any favors to Taiwan considering the political circumstances of the two Chinas:D

psychopath
09-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Philippines by +18

phils by 8+

Silent Killer
09-22-2011, 03:09 AM
Taiwan will face a different gilas team with alapag, williams and de ocampo added after the jones cup. Just like japan, Taiwan loves to shoot from the outside even their big man can shoot the outside. Same game plan against japan will be used here against Taiwan.

kurtsabug
09-22-2011, 03:17 AM
no doubt about our SG winning this, a margin of 7+

tabac
09-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Philippines by +7

Final Score: Philippines 85 - Taiwan 78 :)

iuhl
09-22-2011, 04:23 AM
why does the taiwanese have a higher ranking than us?
we're beating this team several times in a major international events, don't we?

by the way, it will be philippines by 15...

RoadtoLondon
09-22-2011, 04:28 AM
we're beating this team several times in a major international events, don't we?

we've been absent at international tournament for quite a while due to the suspension...and we rank 8 or 9 correct me if I'm wrong on the last Fiba Asia while the TPE ranked 5.

babdelkader
09-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Philippines +25

Eaglefan97
09-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Yes, ranking is NOT based solely on which team we can beat.

It ONLY counts major FIBA Tournaments. Those tournaments you say where we beat them? They don't count in the rankings.

Here's a how it works:http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/even/rank/p/openNodeIDs/998/selNodeID/998/howItWork.html

Ranking is computed on a four year cycle so our suspension and the PBA selection's poor finishes during the 2007 and 2009 editions didn't help us any.

And for years, the former-BAP sent teams like the Pasig Pirates or some last minute team to major tournaments, causing us dearly in the rankings.

In the 90s, when we were among the best teams in the ASIAN GAMES? Well the Asian Games don't count either. WHich is why I always wondered why the PBA sent the best teams there and not the ABC (Now known as FIBA ASIA) tournaments.

That is why our ranking is so low.

And that is why teams like India, a team which even some teams in the college leagues can compete against and beat regularly, rank higher than us. (India NT vs ATENEO BLUE EAGLES or FEU TAMS?)

If we had been taking basketball seriously instead of all the politics and last minute assembled teams, our natural ranking would put us ahead of Chinese Taipei, Qatar and Kazahkstan, and around the same vicinity as Lebanon, Japan and Jordan (even if we beat them). We'd be below China, Iran, Korea...

But no one will acknowledge that unless we prove it on the court. And unless we send our BEST team regularly. It won't happen.

We need to shape up. As recent as 2002, we would routinely beat Qatar, Taipei, Iran, and other teams when we sent last minute formed PBA teams. Those PBA All-Star teams were great scorers but embarrassing on team defense.

And there was Coach Yeng Guiao's anti-jimmy Alapag policy because of the friction between them which kept our best PG out of the team. And Yeng being totally unprepared.

We're not there yet. We still have college and pro teams REFUSING to lend us their players. Greg Slaughter? Junmar Fajardo? We could have a 7 footer and a 6'11 guy on our frontline. Remember when Paul Lee (best guard in the amateurs) and Rico Maierhoffer (lock down defender) both turned down Smart Gilas? Or recently, when Dondon Hontiveros backed out mysteriously from the team only to be revealed that he had been traded back to San Miguel. One of the teams who DON'T want to lend players to the national team.

Back in the 90s, during the ABC days, some Asian teams and players used to ask before each tournament (Are the PBA players playing? And if not, they would relax. Back then, we were STILL feared. Now, everyone has caught up.)

psychopath
09-22-2011, 06:10 AM
^

if i were BAP, im gonna send japeth, junmar, greg and other big man prospects to training camps in states or europe... same with marcio, lutz and norwood...

they shouldnt be playing in the pba... look at norwood, he never developed... he even became an inconsistent shooter... norwood at 6'5/ 6'6 is an able defender and point guard.... with his size and athletecism, he can post up smaller guards in the pba and even in asia but he never developed a post game... a 6'6 pointguard can definitely create favorable mismatches for us...

japeth on the other hand, regressed so much... he cant even make a simple pivot move at the post to create a shot for himself... however, the 6'4-6'5 slow, fat jordanian center (forgot the name) can make pivot moves at the post with ease... he even schooled japeth with that move during the jor-phils game... japeth only knows 1 shot, the dunk shot...

sometimes its not about the height really... there are only few gifted 7 footers in asia... the rest of the 7 footers of iran, china and korea are mechanical and robotic already and arent as quick and creative... sometimes its all about dedication and competitiveness.. when i look at japeth and norwood, i see wasted talents... they would choose the pba coz there's bigger money there and they dont have to push themselves to the limit coz the competition isnt as tough...

sigh, the possibilities...

thayil
09-22-2011, 06:14 AM
^

japeth on the other hand, regressed so much... he cant even make a pivot move at the post to create a shot for himself... however, the 6'4-6'5 jordanian slow, fat center (forgot the name) can make pivot moves at the post with ease... he even schooled japeth with that move during the jor-phils game... japeth only knows 1 shot, the dunk shot...

Link please?:confused:

crouchingtiger
09-22-2011, 06:16 AM
easy win tonight, RP + 10 to 15 points. :)

and to some posters who think i am a philipino chinese, no i am not, so that so called crab mentality does not apply on me. :cool:
I only reflect what i observe, cold truth that is, if you dont like it, blame it on your team, again, the winning steaks of RP will stop after the Chinese Taipei Match. RP will finish as 4th place:)

thayil
09-22-2011, 06:19 AM
easy win tonight, RP + 10-15 points. :)

and to some posters who think i am a philipino chinese, no i am not, so that so called crab mentality does not apply on me. :cool:

sir there is no game tonight.. Tom :) don't mind them!

psychopath
09-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Link please?:confused:

link of?

donno
09-22-2011, 06:23 AM
if we put a serious-game face against them for 40 minutes, PHL will have not any trouble in defeating Taiwan. i expect them to beat these guys by 20+ points.

however, if we play like against Syria and Bahrain, we might have a trouble but we shall still win but with a smaller margin, probably between 5-10 points.

GO GILAS! WE CAN DO THIS!

durden_tyler
09-22-2011, 06:23 AM

I only reflect what i observe, cold truth that is, if you dont like it, blame it on your team, again, the winning steaks of RP will stop after the Chinese Taipei Match.

As negative as you are, you are an honorary Filipino in my book :D

crouchingtiger
09-22-2011, 06:24 AM
As negative as you are, you are an honorary Filipino in my book :D

Thank you my old friend Durden, then i am proud to be one!!!!:)

crouchingtiger
09-22-2011, 06:27 AM
sir there is no game tonight.. Tom :) don't mind them!

Thank you for reminding me....Damn, that means no BB to watch tonight?! :(

denbote
09-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Philippines +19

analyzed
09-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Don't worry when the next rankings come out, we should be ahead of Tiapei, due to Gilas perfomance in the Stankovic cup (4th place) and Asian games (5th) plus a likely semis stint in this years FIBA asia

we've been absent at international tournament for quite a while due to the suspension...and we rank 8 or 9 correct me if I'm wrong on the last Fiba Asia while the TPE ranked 5.

Hardy
09-22-2011, 06:37 AM
filipin +5

RedMetal
09-22-2011, 06:58 AM
Goodluck Team Pilipinas Basketball:cool:!

budz17
09-22-2011, 07:52 AM
the taiwanese may be ranked higher than us, but everybody knows, even the taiwan players, that when we send a well prepared and strong team, they are in for some schooling...

phils 10+

RoadtoLondon
09-22-2011, 08:25 AM

I only reflect what i observe, cold truth that is, if you dont like it, blame it on your team, again, the winning steaks of RP will stop after the Chinese Taipei Match. RP will finish as 4th place:)

Ok Crab Mentality does not apply to you...i think you are HATER...all of your observations is pessimistic about the PHIL NT...

...and by the way you don't reflect on your observation...good observer doesn't judge until proven... unlike you!

TrueBluePinoy
09-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Don't worry when the next rankings come out, we should be ahead of Tiapei, due to Gilas perfomance in the Stankovic cup (4th place) and Asian games (5th) plus a likely semis stint in this years FIBA asia

Those tournaments don't count in FIBA rankings. Yes, even Stankovic Cup.

paolylo
09-22-2011, 11:06 AM
anyone who saw the Jones Cup would know the only reason why Chinese Taipei were good was because they had a gazillion free throw attempts with all those phantom foul calls. we did beat them despite that. they're playing in the mainland this time.

RFM
09-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Those tournaments don't count in FIBA rankings. Yes, even Stankovic Cup.

How I wish FIBA computation be on 2-year term...4 years is a long wait nowadays, before you knew it, players got old from their prime.

RFM
09-22-2011, 11:20 AM
GILAS will win it against CT be 20+ points..
such will be confidence booster for the semis.

crouchingtiger
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Ok Crab Mentality does not apply to you...i think you are HATER...all of your observations is pessimistic about the PHIL NT...

...and by the way you don't reflect on your observation...good observer doesn't judge until proven... unlike you!

I like to play prophecy! That's why I conclude before it even happens:), as for the accuracy of my prediction, my old friend Durden and some other old posters here know it well. Like now I have just told some Taiwanese posters in other website that Taiwan won't win over RP tmrw and they think I am bashing their team, the reaction is pretty much like yours when I say RP will not beat Korea. do you think I am simply citing a fact or really bashing their team? :rolleyes:

crouchingtiger
09-22-2011, 12:07 PM
By the way, the only thing RP players gotta watch out for is foul trouble, CT would enjoy as many fouls as possible bc they are considered another home team, if CT would upset RP, I predict the fouls ratio between the two teams would be outrageous.

flipballa7
09-22-2011, 01:00 PM
The Philippines should win this but it could be tougher than most people think. Tseng and Wu have always been dominant against us and while Douthit's presence helps a lot lets not forget that Wu didn't play in the Jones Cup.

I don't think their perimeter players can wreak havoc what with Lassiter and Lutz on board.

RP by 15 (hopefully by more than 20) :)

Eaglefan97
09-22-2011, 01:17 PM

Actually, Asian Games and STANKOVIC CUP DON'T Count in the rankings.

Check this out:

http://forums.interbasket.net/f76/why-the-philippines-ranks-low-on-18297/#post649913http://forums.interbasket.net/f76/why-the-philippines-ranks-low-on-18297/#post649913

ichikiller
09-22-2011, 01:23 PM
not underestimating CT...but this game might be a closer one....

PH winning by 8+ to 10+ points

ryanzerous
09-22-2011, 01:37 PM
very close fight. another heart pounding game for phil but in turn hoping for our team to power it up for the win. watch out for the refs because calls will be slightly favored to taiwan.

Cryotek
09-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Close fight...but the Gilas Boys will eventually win here by pounding the inside!

Eaglefan97
09-22-2011, 01:59 PM
We can't underestimate Chinese Taipei.

That's what happened a few years back when our all-PBA squad took them lightly and suffered a loss against a young, CT team.

We CAN beat them but we need to PLAY WELL and remember the lessons from Syria.

Defense will be our main key here. We haven't been shooting the ball well so we'll need to bring the same tough defense that held Syria scoreless for almost the entire fourth quarter. (Until the game was pretty much decided)

And we need to remember the Japan game, where a comfortable lead alms it disappeared in a blink.

TOUGH D that won't let up. No quarters given.

merps baller the return
09-22-2011, 02:01 PM
gilas pilipinas by 10+ and welcome back grouch:D if we can get to the semis anything is possible IRAN AND CHINA are not invinsible:rolleyes:

crouchingtiger
09-22-2011, 02:45 PM
gilas pilipinas by 10+ and welcome back grouch:D if we can get to the semis anything is possible IRAN AND CHINA are not invinsible:rolleyes:

How's it going Merps, glad to see your team made it this far, wish them all the luck but to be honest, as a without borders bb fan, I am more incline to watch the match between Korea and RP, that's gonna be a very very hard fight and worth watching close match!

budz17
09-22-2011, 03:32 PM
well we have a score to settle with korea. if ever that match comes, it will be a long time coming

Cryotek
09-22-2011, 03:36 PM
well we have a score to settle with korea. if ever that match comes, it will be a long time coming

That would be a good finals setto...RP versus Korea!!!

seigle42
09-22-2011, 03:56 PM
chinese taipei is not a joke :D

philippines should be using focus during their game

budz17
09-22-2011, 04:03 PM
chinese taipei is not a joke :D

philippines should be using focus during their game

ct is a joke, well, their game against lebanon was a joke, just ugly to watch, and to think those were professionals playing

Eaglefan97
09-22-2011, 04:23 PM
ct is a joke, well, their game against lebanon was a joke, just ugly to watch, and to think those were professionals playing

Yeah, but so was our first half against Syria.

I think we just need to learn how to respect our opponents and not think it's an easy win coming in. Even if we're "expected to win."

I remember how a team from Thailand almost beat the Centennial Team in 1998 because they didn't take them seriously.

Sports history is rife with stories of underdogs winning, or bad teams coming together at the right moment to win it all. CT didn't make it this far because they are jokes. We play tough and bring our A-game, and we WILL win.

But if we come in EXPECTING an easy win, I guarantee, we will have trouble.

Flypig
09-22-2011, 05:34 PM
go Chinese Taipei!!!:cool:

bhinov
09-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Philippines by 9

j_abellana
09-22-2011, 09:46 PM
I was pretty young then but I still remember Racela botching up the insurance freethrows. The next possession was a broken play by the koreans but somehow one of them got a hold of the ball and shot a 3. Yeah. there's a score to settle.

durden_tyler
09-22-2011, 11:49 PM
I like to play prophecy! That's why I conclude before it even happens:), as for the accuracy of my prediction, my old friend Durden and some other old posters here know it well. Like now I have just told some Taiwanese posters in other website that Taiwan won't win over RP tmrw and they think I am bashing their team, the reaction is pretty much like yours when I say RP will not beat Korea. do you think I am simply citing a fact or really bashing their team? :rolleyes:

Just keep doing what you are doing eventually some of our guys will mature and understand objectivity. ;)

We pretty much agree on Taipei not having a very big chance winning against us but against Korea, i think we can beat them-- if we can play a perfect game (no stupid turnovers + more energy on defense). It's going to be tough, but we're going to fight nonetheless.

reamily
09-23-2011, 12:21 AM
May agree on the prophecy Philippines will beat Taipei but can never beat Korea..

but thanks Japan thanks coach wiseman

it might not happen now:D:eek:

lrangels
09-23-2011, 12:51 AM

Taiwan is higher in rank than us because they finished the last FIBA-Asia championships in 6th and 5th in 2007 and 2009 respectively. Also, they have been performing well in years before that while the BAP back then are sending petty amateurs and we got suspended also.

As far as the game is concerned, I would say a Philippines win, but I think it's going to be a bit close because for some reason Chinese-Taipei (even though sucked against other teams) tends to play really inspired basketball when up against the Philippines. Just like Japan, they don't play well against other teams, but when it's against the Philippines they're so darn good.

;)

-«miron»-
09-23-2011, 02:27 AM
we can do this.
go Gilas PILIPINAS!

chester25
09-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Q. little dragons
S. Persians
F. great wall

let's get it on!

jawo
09-23-2011, 05:39 AM
http://www.fibaasia.net/UserFiles/FPG201191914933.JPG
Hulking 6-foot-8-200-pound Wu Tai-Ho (dunking) has a big task on his shoulder tonight and should get ample help from 6-foot-9 Tseng Wen-Ting (#4) to get the job done. The two have been specifically tasked to contain Marcus Douthit.

http://taiwanhoops.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/19.jpg
Lin Chieh-Chin scattered 6 triples against Malaysia, "the beast" is being asked to bring his A game tonight against the Philippines.

Men's Basketball Championships> lock Philippine grab 4 long and strong Chinese people
source:TSNA Taiwan
For the original transcript see- http://sports.hinet.net/sbl/news_detail.jsp?id=144728

Knocking at the gate in the final four since the 1999 Asian Championships in Fukuoka, Japan, the Chinese-Taipei squad would like to return in the 26th Asian championships top 4 semis cast via tomorrow’s match against the Philippines. The team has locked its focus on naturalized center Marcus Douthit.

The Chinese-Taipei team in the top 12 second round battle played a good game against Malaysia and saw that the “beast” is back, Lawrence Lam (Lin Chih-Chieh Jersey #12) who had 21 points with 6 three-pointers that established the highest 3-point shots made in the tournament so far.

By successfully making it in the final 8, Chinese-Taipei’s goal is to return to the final four. Today (the 22nd), the team will be training for the first time in the main stadium. Head coach Zhou Junsan expressed satisfaction and said: “It is bright, it feels good”.

The Chinese-Taipei team conducted tactical simulation exercises. Zhou Junsan and technical adviser Bob Hill told the players how to respond in any particular opponent tactics, especially for Marcus Douthit offensive zone where they have to guard the position and the zone area.

The 210 cm Douthit often wreak havoc in the recent Jones Cup, stopping Douthit is the key to end the losing streak against the Philippines.

Coach Zhou Junsan revealed that the task defending Douthit is assigned to Wu Tai-Ho.

Chose not to play in the Jones Cup, coach Zhou Junsan emphasize that the thickness of Wu Tai-Ho on Douthit is enough but also mentioned that agile Tseng Wen-Ting will share the defensive pressure on Douthit.

“Coach is putting pressure on me, but defending Douthit is not an easy homework”, at first I thought our height is similar but when I met him face to face he is a lot taller than me.” However, Wu said his height is not my fear, if he is not that strong then the fight is just equal.”

This battle for the final four will start at 6 pm tomorrow. Philippine head coach Rajko Toroman said that the Philippines’ victory at the Jones Cup against Taiwan is not an accurate basis and that Chinese-Taipei cannot be underestimated, he said the team who strives more will earn the ticket to the final four.

(personal translation)

chester25
09-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Q. little dragons
S. Persians
F. great wall

let's get it on!

with what happened...

Q - slay the little dragons!
S - slay the Persians slayers!
F - slay the great wall!

LET'S GET IT ON! :)

oaba09
09-23-2011, 10:26 AM
another slow start by our team but they're starting to get the momentum...

usausa
09-23-2011, 10:38 AM
did I just hear Willie Revillame's Iyugyug Mo in the background? lol

psychopath
09-23-2011, 10:49 AM
phils will lose this one... taiwan's playing hard and hustles more... taiwanese shooters getting their missed/blocked shots... not a good sign for phils...

taiwan continues to play hard in the 2nd half and heats up with their outside shooting stealing this one from phils 79-70...

fadzki
09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
did I just hear Willie Revillame's Iyugyug Mo in the background? lol

how about Bayani Agbayani's Otso-otso.... they love Filipino novelty songs...

oaba09
09-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Great job gilas...just keep up the intensity and don't let taiwan come back!

DiegoClang
09-23-2011, 11:09 AM
phils will lose this one... taiwan's playing hard and hustles more... taiwanese shooters getting their missed/blocked shots... not a good sign for phils...

taiwan continues to play hard in the 2nd half and heats up with their outside shooting stealing this one from phils 79-70...
is it too early to say FAIL? :D

oaba09
09-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Now I know why rajko included ranidel de ocampo in the team....

usausa
09-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Philippines once again came out guns blazing to start the 3rd. Douthit making a name for himself in the paint and Ranidel is playing pretty well too.

Bobbyd
09-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Congratulations to the Philippines on reaching the semi-finals. Chinese Taipei hit a couple of 3 pointers late to make it interesting but the Philippines held on and won by 17. The stars may be lining up for the PHilippines as they face Jordan tomorrow. Hopefully, Jordan will be emotionally and physically spent from there hard fought win against Iran and won't be able to muster that same effort again tomorrow on short notice.

oaba09
09-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Yes!!! We're through to the semis!!!

The best part is, instead of facing Iran, we'll be facing a team that is a close match to us!

The jordan-PH match will most likely be a 50-50 match...Both teams have an equal chance in getting the win...

all_about
09-23-2011, 11:42 AM
We are going to the Semi finals. It has been a long time since we played in the semi finals of the fiba asia championships. Thank you Lord!

psychopath
09-23-2011, 11:47 AM
phils will lose tomorrow against jordan... they're new in the semis while jordan is already experienced in the final 4... phils playing nervous tomorrow and out of their element while jordan wins this one by steady, experienced basketball...

Young_Money_9
09-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Good win.

Job aint done yet though.

Jordan tomorrow will be tough.

#eyesontheprize

hopefully, our lads can stay focused on the big picture at hand.

oaba09
09-23-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm already happy in making the semis. Anything more is just a bonus...The jordan upset of iran is a blessing for us...

Mojado
09-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Congrats to all my Mexicans from Asia :D Also congrats to Korea and Jordan. In the end, I believe the Asian Championships will be decided between the hosts and Pinas.

RedMetal
09-23-2011, 11:55 AM
The Smart Gilas Pilipinas are two wins away from the London Olympics.

Smart Gilas bucked a sluggish start as Ranidel de Ocampo came off the bench to provide the energy that sparked the national team to barge into the semifinals of the 26th FIBA-Asia Championships with a 95-78 victory over Chinese Taipei at the Wuhan Sports Centre here.

Smart Gilas will face Jordan, which it defeated 74-62 at the start of the second round, in the semifinals with the winner advancing to the gold medal game. :cool:

budz17
09-23-2011, 11:58 AM
hats off to chinese taipei for playing us tough.

in the end, the better team won.

congratulations to team pilipinas. we are blessed with a golden opportunity tomorrow, playing jordan, for the semifinals. I hope they will be focused tomorrow and not be content with the win today.

way to go ranidel, he gave us a boost tonight.

crouchingtiger
09-23-2011, 11:58 AM
congratz, and you will be facing jordan! :)

acklium
09-23-2011, 12:45 PM
crouchy now we have 15 percent of making your prediction as false :D

Pandesal
09-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Congrats to all my Mexicans from Asia :D Also congrats to Korea and Jordan. In the end, I believe the Asian Championships will be decided between the hosts and Pinas.

Much appreciated, Mojado. :)

crouchingtiger
09-23-2011, 01:31 PM
crouchy now we have 15 percent of making your prediction as false :D

Tmrw's match against Jordan is hard to predict, as much as RP always have problem with teams that possess tall 4, 5, Jordan doesn't seem to post that problem for RP.
Jordans and RP both play similar type of game; pick n roll initiated by their SF/SG attacking the rim while their not super tall but athletic centers can provide screening or roll down for a catch and layup.
Really hard to tell, but based from their performance today against Iran, I would say Jordan beat RP tmrw by 5 points :cool:

budz17
09-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Tmrw's match against Jordan is hard to predict, as much as RP always have problem with teams that possess tall 4, 5, Jordan doesn't seem to post that problem for RP.
Jordans and RP both play similar type of game; pick n roll initiated by their SF/SG attacking the rim while their not super tall but athletic centers can provide screening or roll down for a catch and layup.
Really hard to tell, but based from their performance today against Iran, I would say Jordan beat RP tmrw by 5 points :cool:

hard game tomorrow. here's to hoping jordan runs out of 3 pointers. baldwin hid al khas, rajko has some aces left. its gonna be a wild game tomorrow, too bad I have work

alien space bats
09-23-2011, 02:26 PM
i am simply astounded!:D we finally made it to the top 4!!!

i feel that this feat will encourage our basketball stakeholders to unite and send a much stronger team for 2013! good job, team pilipinas!
but wait! olympic dream is not yet over! gilas is just heating up!:D

xin
09-23-2011, 03:48 PM
http://i1.hoopchina.com.cn/user/378/3666378/1316718111_026820.jpg

more pictures from this link http://my.hoopchina.com/3666378

j_abellana
09-23-2011, 04:04 PM

It'll be hard to predict, but if the 3rd and 4th quarter philippines show up in the 1st and 2nd quarter- then philippines will have a greater chance of winning. We've got to stop starting slow or we'll never beat top tier teams. :D

Federoy
09-23-2011, 11:29 PM
Now that one of the co-favorites is out, this is a golden opportunity for the Philippines to win this tournament and book a ticket to London. China will be tough to beat on its homecourt if they advance to the final, but this Smart Gilas team has the character and team chemistry to pull it off...providing they get past Jordan, of course. Good Luck!!!!