Preliminary Round Results:

vs. Indonesia 81 - 59 Win
vs. Jordan 92 - 87 Win
vs. Syria 77 - 55 Win

Second Round Results:

vs. United Arab Emirates 101 - 61 Win

Pandesal
09-19-2011, 05:08 PM
Juicy matchup no doubt. Can the Philippines stop the outside shooting of Japan?

Can Japan run with the pace of the Philippines?

Mojado
09-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Juicy matchup no doubt. Can the Philippines stop the outside shooting of Japan?

Can Japan run with the pace of the Philippines?

Douthit is the key to success.Pick n Roll with him as the option to finish around the basket.Let Aguilar play beside him...wont happen though.

macan77
09-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Douthit is the key to success.Pick n Roll with him as the option to finish around the basket.Let Aguilar play beside him...wont happen though.

Aguilar might be used now by the coach..he could spring surprises against the japanese twins..

budz17
09-19-2011, 09:10 PM
I hope we can just play basketball.

I hope fiba asia stops putting obstacles off the court for our team.

and I hope china does not get to host a fiba championship for a long time after this tournament. such a mess of a tournament..

for this game, japan is favored to win this game by most, but these two teams have not really met yet so it is hard to predict the outcome. so far, japan has had it easy, what happens when they get into a grind it out game with team pilipinas?

I have team pilipinas -10 point winners here.

mavrick_h
09-19-2011, 09:17 PM
a slight advantage to the Japanese but if RP gets physical inside the paint it's the key to snatch this one !

usausa
09-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Japan will pull this out. Tough battle but they look solid so far.

kerouac82
09-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Close game. Can't predict who will win but the final margin will be 7 points or less.

kerouac82
09-19-2011, 10:50 PM

Aguilar had a very good game vs Japan in Jones Cup 2009. Of course, it was under another coach. But he will make life miserable for the Takeuchi twins if Toroman lets him play.

RedMetal
09-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Philippines should take this one, if Japan threes don't fall they will be in trouble, i believe Douthit can control the twins, Williams and De Ocampo can help too, Aguilar should have major minutes tonight because while the Japanese are tall they are not as heavy as the WABA teams, the return of Lassiter and Lutz will be a big help with the guard rotation where majority of our points come from. Goodluck!:cool:

durden_tyler
09-19-2011, 11:38 PM
This will be the most crucial game in Round 2 Group F obviously. This is the difference between the vaunted Koreans (Or maybe even Iran, if the latter falls off in Group E) and the pretenders named Chinese Taipei (which should be taken care of by either Japan/Philippines in the knockout QF-round easily.

Sim-ple really, win today's game and get a favorable road on the way to the semis. Lose, and meet Iran or Korea. That should be motivation enough.

CKR13
09-20-2011, 12:16 AM
I believe the Philippines have an advantage in the front court with Douthit, Aguilar, Williams, De Ocampo and Taulava that can be utilized to guard the Takeuchi twins on single coverage as Joji and Kosuke does not command a double team.

This checkmate on the front court allows the other members of the Philippines to stay at home with Japan's shooters.

While I expect Lassiter to check Kawamura in coverage.

For Japan, they need to rebound and put tremendous amount of energy on defense and getting second chance possessions while converting shots on both perimeter and distance. Since the Philippines have a strong interior defense, Japan will need to stretch the floor and rely heavily on misdirection plays alongside timely seals and drop passes to back door plays and the open shooter.

I think Philippines +12 in victory.

all_about
09-20-2011, 12:30 AM
I'd go for the Philippines in this match up against Japan.

durden_tyler
09-20-2011, 12:32 AM
I believe the Philippines have an advantage in the front court with Douthit, Aguilar, Williams, De Ocampo and Taulava that can be utilized to guard the Takeuchi twins on single coverage as Joji and Kosuke does not command a double team.

This checkmate on the front court allows the other members of the Philippines to stay at home with Japan's shooters.

While I expect Lassiter to check Kawamura in coverage.

For Japan, they need to rebound and put tremendous amount of energy on defense and getting second chance possessions while converting shots on both perimeter and distance. Since the Philippines have a strong interior defense, Japan will need to stretch the floor and rely heavily on misdirection plays alongside timely seals and drop passes to back door plays and the open shooter.

I think Philippines +12 in victory.

That's the main key really. How to clamp down on the shooters. If Japan starts cold, i think the Philippines can cruise to an easy one. But if they start hitting those shots early i think we'll be in for a long night with the decision made in the fourth-- and which team will find the composure at that point.

Whoever wins this match will win by no more than 5 points.

reamily
09-20-2011, 01:09 AM
this is much touger match people expected than two, unlike korea Japan is a team who plays with fire a thing I can't see to the koreans even they can be arguably more talented as a team/individually.

I would like to bet on this one who would want to bet with Japan;)

psychopath
09-20-2011, 01:21 AM
phils just had a big win yesterday... but whats consistent with phils is their inconsistency... phils is an unpredictable team, sometimes they'll gonna win against an elite team then will lose on an average team... so really, you dont know where to rank them...

so, with douthit not 100% and phils still high on their emotional win against jordan yesterday, japan wins by 8... 1st half will be close, but japan will take over in the 3rd and the phils will play catch up the rest of the way...

durden_tyler
09-20-2011, 01:38 AM
phils just had a big win yesterday... but whats consistent with phils is their inconsistency... phils is an unpredictable team, sometimes they'll gonna win against an elite team then will lose on an average team... so really, you dont know where to rank them...

so, with douthit not 100% and phils still high on their emotional win against jordan yesterday, japan wins by 8... 1st half will be close, but japan will take over in the 3rd and the phils will play catch up the rest of the way...

i'd take that every single time. Over say a bad start where we trail by a considerable margin (8-10 points) in the first half and forced to make another rally... Make it close in the first half, and hope Japan folds before we do in the 3rd and 4th quarters...

potz05
09-20-2011, 01:58 AM
Let's go for the win!!!!!:D

I'm for a 6 point win for either team.

A blow-out will be highly possible but to Japan's favor due to their impeccable showing from the field most especially their 3s in this tournament so far.

Perimeter defense would decide the game. - For Philippines.

Gang Rebounding and Inside D. - For Japan.

So it's a battle of canceling each others strong points.

Hope RP finds it's rhythm early on.

GO TEAM PILIPINAS!!! :)

RoadtoLondon
09-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Philippines by 4pts...SG should win this game no matter what...to avoid stronger opponent in the quarter finals...

Eaglefan97
09-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Unfortunately,we can't use our Jones Cup game against Japan as a gauge against this team.

THIS team is totally different. The only guy they got from the Jones Cup squad was the guy who burned the hoops with 9 threes against us.

I'm actually worried we might underestimate them. Historically, when they send their best (like in the 80s and 90s), odds on Philippines VS Japan games have been close to 50-50 coming in.

Japan didn't have a good team in the 2000s but recently, just like the Philippines, they've begun taking steps to regain respectability. And they have a really tough, badass team.

But hey, we're finally playing a full game with a complete line-up for the FIRST TIME. It should make for one heck of a tough game.

I think this can go either way. But obviously I want the Philippines to win.

=====

By the way, why does this forum keep deleting threads about HAGOP? (i'm being sarcastic here. I know why.) If anyone still wonders why Filipino fans hate hagop, check this out:
http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticle.aspx?articleId=728999&publicationSubCategoryId=69&keyword

st_ang3r
09-20-2011, 02:13 AM
i'll go for RP winning by 8 points...

RoadtoLondon
09-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately,we can't use our Jones Cup game against Japan as a gauge against this team.

THIS team is totally different. The only guy they got from the Jones Cup squad was the guy who burned the hoops with 9 threes against us.

I'm actually worried we might underestimate them. Historically, when they send their best (like in the 80s and 90s), odds on Philippines VS Japan games have been close to 50-50 coming in.

Japan didn't have a good team in the 2000s but recently, just like the Philippines, they've begun taking steps to regain respectability. And they have a really tough, badass team.

But hey, we're finally playing a full game with a complete line-up for the FIRST TIME. It should make for one heck of a tough game.

I think this can go either way. But obviously I want the Philippines to win.

=====

By the way, why does this forum keep deleting threads about HAGOP? (i'm being sarcastic here. I know why.) If anyone still wonders why Filipino fans hate hagop, check this out:
http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticle.aspx?articleId=728999&publicationSubCategoryId=69&keyword

yes there totally different...but I'm confident Phil will pull this one with consistent D and precise offense...Marcio vs Kawamura!

RoadtoLondon
09-20-2011, 02:24 AM
See the betting odds....:D

psychopath
09-20-2011, 02:26 AM
there's a strong possibility of douthit reinjuring his ankle

durden_tyler
09-20-2011, 02:26 AM
See the beating odds....:D

That's "betting" odds. ;)

Philippines actually favored. Interesting.

RoadtoLondon
09-20-2011, 02:31 AM
That's "betting" odds. ;)

Philippines actually favored. Interesting.

my mistake sorry.:D

yep according to bet365 as of now...maybe later when the game start it will change..good luck to Philippines...

rocketstar47
09-20-2011, 03:16 AM
Philippines will win this one by 9 pts

ryanzerous
09-20-2011, 03:22 AM
another close fight. marcus is injured but if we have good defense in the perimeter is gonna be a phil win.

jesronne
09-20-2011, 04:03 AM
hahaha... there are lots of pinoy forumers here... of course we will vote for our country... :D

F-15Eagle
09-20-2011, 04:28 AM
Id want the philippines to win but if i were a betting man, id bet on japan to win it <basis: their performance so far in "THIS" tournament>:cool:

kurtsabug
09-20-2011, 04:48 AM
my money says Japan but my heart says SG.
a tough one to call.Japan so far is delivering good perimeter shooting clinic but i see this as a close one.with the complete line-up of our SG, i see them winning by >3 <13

-«miron»-
09-20-2011, 06:40 AM
same here.
but we need to trust, pray and support the team to secure a good spot in the quarters.
go Gilas PILIPINAS!

seigle42
09-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Crucial time for philippines.

philippines needs to win against japan for no. 2 spot and will go to quarterfinals vs. taipei or lebanon (we have a good chance to make top 4)

if not, we're dead chance because they 'll meet s.korea or iran (might be 5th-8th)

durden_tyler
09-20-2011, 08:40 AM
my money says Japan but my heart says SG.
a tough one to call.Japan so far is delivering good perimeter shooting clinic but i see this as a close one.with the complete line-up of our SG, i see them winning by >3 <13

So it's a win-win situation. Bet big on Japan, if they win, you win. If the Philippines manages to win it. Well, at least we won :D

psychopath
09-20-2011, 09:54 AM
japan definitely wins this one by 8 pts... its hard to see the phils winning 2 straight against elite teams...

acklium
09-20-2011, 10:11 AM
japan definitely wins this one by 8 pts... its hard to see the phils winning 2 straight against elite teams...

phil is also elite so i dont care about you..

crouchingtiger
09-20-2011, 10:25 AM
RP is going to win this one by 5-10 points, it's going to be a close match tho.

Young_Money_9
09-20-2011, 10:43 AM
man these guys cant shoot this well for the whole game damn

seigle42
09-20-2011, 10:48 AM
you were lucky takeuchi!!!! :mad:

mikepogi
09-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Goddammit we were up by 7, then Alapag and Tiu came in, and suddenly we were down by 8. As much as I like Tiu, there are certain games that he just cant be in on the floor for too long... He is too slow to match up with the fast and tall sg of a speedy team like Japan. He is a perfect SG for us against ME teams though. And please dont take this as a diss on Tiu...

Anyway there is still time... Go Gilas..Prove that you are really a 3rd quarter team...

seigle42
09-20-2011, 10:59 AM
hey common' are you allergic on balls?

seigle42
09-20-2011, 11:00 AM
defend on japanese 3's! that's a key

mikepogi
09-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Put back casio...Goddamit

seigle42
09-20-2011, 11:02 AM
whatta hell! their ballcontrol has been trouble! :mad:

seigle42
09-20-2011, 11:04 AM
go lassiter!

seigle42
09-20-2011, 11:07 AM
japanese defense put philippines strong side in outside 3's and inside

Young_Money_9
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Our defense this entire second half has been awesome.

Our game here, just gotta stay steady down the stretch.

seigle42
09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
nice one! nice one!

seigle42
09-20-2011, 11:33 AM
wtf! don't stop play until the end of the buzzer!

F-15Eagle
09-20-2011, 11:48 AM
One of those times im happy to be proven wrong <i had predicted a japanese win>..:D Gilas seems to be a different team now and plays better than the first round...

psychopath
09-20-2011, 11:49 AM
phil is also elite so i dont care about you..

but you qouted my post...

Bobbyd
09-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Congratulations the Team Philippines on a big win today. I think a 3 and 1 record with wins over both Japan and Jordan would be the best the Philippines could have hoped for at this point in the tournament. Hopefully, they can put the game against Syria away early tomorrow so they can rest some of there players and get ready for the quarterfinals.

F-15Eagle
09-20-2011, 11:54 AM
It will be an unforgivable sin to lose to syria tommorrow..however its an opportunity to give douthit a much needed rest. :cool:

thayil
09-20-2011, 11:55 AM
but you qouted my post...

please make some predictions again :))

psychopath
09-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Congratulations the Team Philippines on a big win today. I think a 3 and 1 record with wins over both Japan and Jordan would be the best the Philippines could have hoped for at this point in the tournament. Hopefully, they can put the game against Syria away early tomorrow so they can rest some of there players and get ready for the quarterfinals.

i hope jordan wins against china... in triple overtime...

psychopath
09-20-2011, 11:58 AM
please make some predictions again :))

philippines should win against syria tomorrow... but phils is known to play at the level of competition... phils will be a bit surprised syria was able to stay close in the first half... but phils will pull away for good in the 2nd half just as what they do in the past 2 games... phils by 15 pts...

mikepogi
09-20-2011, 12:07 PM
This team is really a 3rd quarter team.. All our best results in games against elite teams came in the 3rd even against China

jesronne
09-20-2011, 12:11 PM
This team is really a 3rd quarter team.. All our best results in games against elite teams came in the 3rd even against China

that is the value of chot reyes and ryan gregorio... PBA coaches are good in adjustments... :)

mikepogi
09-20-2011, 12:20 PM
that is the value of chot reyes and ryan gregorio... PBA coaches are good in adjustments... :)

I agree the ability to adjust mid-game is something that we didnt have when the PBA coaches weren't there assisting Toroman. One noticeable adjustment in this game is that the set plays are usually starting near half court, allowing a lot of open space for players like Lassiter, Williams, Douthit to penetrate.

Their offense is a lot spread out in the 3rd quarter. They probably noticed that the Japanese were crowding the shaded lane especially when Marcus receives the ball inside in the first half so they made that adjustment. And it worked because Douthit was able to effectively operate inside since the defense was also spread out....

merps baller the return
09-20-2011, 12:24 PM
congrats gilas! and kudos to coach toroman:cool:

rocketstar47
09-20-2011, 12:24 PM
great defense by marcio lassiter against takuya kawamura:)

crouchingtiger
09-20-2011, 12:33 PM
I predict it will be RP versus Korea in the winner gets the wild card match, and Korea is going to win by 10-15 points:)

Cryotek
09-20-2011, 03:09 PM
I predict it will be RP versus Korea in the winner gets the wild card match, and Korea is going to win by 10-15 points:)

That's your fearless forecast!:o

bukag.2011
09-20-2011, 03:23 PM

look at your other bet dude...

Philippines 83–76 Japan

next Syria.

would you like to bet on them as well?

see u in london!

crouchingtiger
09-21-2011, 12:43 AM
look at your other bet dude...

Philippines 83–76 Japan

next Syria.

would you like to bet on them as well?

see u in london!

Oh yeah, Phil is definitely going to beat Syria, no doubt about it. Against CT, it will be a stroll in the park too, except that CT might enjoy a bit of home court advantage and referees love but that won't make any difference. I believe RP will meet Iran in the semi, the difference between Iran and RP is about 15 points at least and in the wild card chase, Koreans will beat RP by about 10 points. RP will place fourth in this years asian championship, best in ...maybe 20 years, all thanks to the downfall of Arabian empire, hehe.

durden_tyler
09-21-2011, 01:04 AM
Oh yeah, Phil is definitely going to beat Syria, no doubt about it. Against CT, it will be a stroll in the park too, except that CT might enjoy a bit of home court advantage and referees love but that won't make any difference. I believe RP will meet Iran in the semi, the difference between Iran and RP is about 15 points at least and in the wild card chase, Koreans will beat RP by about 10 points. RP will place fourth in this years asian championship, best in ...maybe 20 years, all thanks to the downfall of Arabian empire, hehe.

You're pretty much on the dot. Both Korea and Iran are playing in a higher level right now, and well they are the stronger team. All we can hope is get a good QF pairing (looking good right now) we'll handily beat Taipei or Lebanon so the real test begins in the semifinals.

While they are favored, however, if we can make it a slowdown defensive affair against the Koreans and out shoot the Iranians i think we have a fighting chance.

crouchingtiger
09-21-2011, 01:30 AM
You're pretty much on the dot. Both Korea and Iran are playing in a higher level right now, and well they are the stronger team. All we can hope is get a good QF pairing (looking good right now) we'll handily beat Taipei or Lebanon so the real test begins in the semifinals.

While they are favored, however, if we can make it a slowdown defensive affair against the Koreans and out shoot the Iranians i think we have a fighting chance.

Not that I am pouring cold water on you Durden, since we are long time friends here in interbaket I mean no offense but RP needs more than high spirit and better tactics to pull a win against teams like Korea or Iran, we have discussed this years back, your team needs to fortify on the 4 and 5 spots, both height and skills and one player to do that job is definitely not enough, you need probably another 2, 3 NBA second rounders to do the job. That's the short cut probably a lot of RP patriots don't like to see, but being short in stature there is really nothing much you can do about it. Gilas obviously did not work out well, name me the young prospects developed from this program aside from Aguilar, nada.

acklium
09-21-2011, 01:31 AM

and dont forget.your team will lose of the 3rd consecutive time:D:D
let yao ming play and your team will win this one :D:D

ctongco
09-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Not that I am pouring cold water on you Durden, since we are long time friends here in interbaket I mean no offense but RP needs more than high spirit and better tactics to pull a win against teams like Korea or Iran, we have discussed this years back, your team needs to fortify on the 4 and 5 spots, both height and skills and one player to do that job is definitely not enough, you need probably another 2, 3 NBA second rounders to do the job. That's the short cut probably a lot of RP patriots don't like to see, but being short in stature there is really nothing much you can do about it. Gilas obviously did not work out well, name me the young prospects developed from this program aside from Aguilar, nada.

Among the top performers in the team who were developed locally, it would be Chris Tiu and JV Casio. I would say Mark Barocca and Mac Baracael, but they've been invisible in the tournament.

I agree, too few prospects were being developed. Hopefully the next batch will have more potential; with young guys coming in like Ravena, Slaughter and Parks.

The good thing is that a continuous program seems to be in place (fingers crossed).

durden_tyler
09-21-2011, 01:41 AM

That's why i was civil with you and never really considered you a plain "hater". i understand where you are coming from. And by now, you also have to understand where the "fanboys" are coming from-- they just want to support the team so whatever truth you tell them they treat it as insult (when in reality, it's just an observation of facts)

Anyway, what you can't take away from us is that our performance this year is definitely better than the last. How far will we go? i don't know, if we catch Korea/Iran in an offnight, we'd stand a chance. As i mentioned, we need a bit of luck on our side and well, hope at some point Korea/Iran shows some cracks. Then we'd have another shot at China.

seigle42
09-21-2011, 01:50 AM
i predict the philippines end up to 4th 70-30

crouchingtiger
09-21-2011, 01:57 AM
and dont forget.your team will lose of the 3rd consecutive time:D:D
let yao ming play and your team will win this one :D:D

You selectively read my posts, read carefully my post on " how quarterfinal shape up" thread, I BASHED team china! They are not strong this year, don't even deserve to win this tournament if not bc they are the organizer. YJL sucks! He is gifted with the body but minus the spirit, and Wang looks pretty good against the Asian shorties but when fronting euro or American counter parts, he is still soft as ever. And the rest of the bench of china simply sucked! That tall center who frequently commit traveling is a big joke. I really don't see any reason why they should win if not for referee's TLC. I love and enjoy GOOD and FAIR BB game, hate to see referees intervention like that game between china and Jordan yesterday, it ruined a fundamental joy of that sport.

psychopath
09-21-2011, 02:01 AM

or maybe thanks to the 2 yr basketball program and naturalization and not to the fall of the arab teams blah blah... if someone's going up someone's gonna fall down, so give credit that we're able to come up and not discredit it by saying arabs teams just fell down... if you think the the 2011 version of rp team isnt an improvement from the 2007 and 2009 version then you dont know what you're talking about...

this improvement would not be enough to beat china and iran though...

psychopath
09-21-2011, 02:06 AM
You selectively read my posts, read carefully my post on " how quarterfinal shape up" thread, I BASHED team china! They are not strong this year, don't even deserve to win this tournament if not bc they are the organizer. YJL sucks! He is gifted with the body but minus the spirit, and Wang looks pretty good against the Asian shorties but when fronting euro or American counter parts, he is still soft as ever. And the rest of the bench of china simply sucked! That tall center who frequently commit traveling is a big joke. I really don't see any reason why they should win if not for referee's TLC. I love and enjoy GOOD and FAIR BB game, hate to see referees intervention like that game between china and Jordan yesterday, it ruined a fundamental joy of that sport.

lol china will beat this version of jordan 7 times a week, it doesnt matter with or without ref's help... doesnt matter what your complaints are for Yi and Wang, they may not be that good internationally, but they are just too good for their asian rivals... a more focused china will beat iran this time...

RoadtoLondon
09-21-2011, 02:07 AM

Now your a believer that SG has a chance...thats the spirit dude!:D:D

durden_tyler
09-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Now your a believer that SG has a chance...thats the spirit dude!:D:D

Not much. But hey, i have to. :D

RoadtoLondon
09-21-2011, 02:14 AM
Not much. But hey, i have to. :D

lol...at least you are!:D
Good luck on our Team...:p

crouchingtiger
09-21-2011, 02:17 AM
or maybe thanks to the 2 yr basketball program and naturalization and not to the fall of the arab teams blah blah... if someone's going up someone's gonna fall down, so give credit that we're able to come up and not discredit it by saying arabs teams just fell down... if you think the the 2011 version of rp team isnt an improvement from the 2007 and 2009 version then you dont know what you're talking about...

this improvement would not be enough to beat china and iran though...

Credits should be given to Gilas program of course, compare to CT bb reform that took like 7-8 years until fruition, Gilas is way much faster. China is going through the stage of reforming too, Yao is out, Wang probably has one or two more good years to go, the transition stage for china can be painful.....I see Iran taking over china for the next 3 years if no superstar is going to be born in china.

crouchingtiger
09-21-2011, 02:24 AM
lol china will beat this version of jordan 7 times a week, it doesnt matter with or without ref's help... doesnt matter what your complaints are for Yi and Wang, they may not be that good internationally, but they are just too good for their asian rivals... a more focused china will beat iran this time...

I see what you mean, but yesterday's game could have been a fairer game and the difference won't be that much. Anyways, I am a bit more pessimistic towards china's future, YJL don't match well against Hadadi, their new uprising star yi li is just so lanky and won't stand a physical game, I think the difference maker will still come down to the old reliable Wang, but if Iran can get Wang into foul trouble early on, it will be referees game again:D

crouchingtiger
09-21-2011, 02:36 AM
That's why i was civil with you and never really considered you a plain "hater". i understand where you are coming from. And by now, you also have to understand where the "fanboys" are coming from-- they just want to support the team so whatever truth you tell them they treat it as insult (when in reality, it's just an observation of facts)

Anyway, what you can't take away from us is that our performance this year is definitely better than the last. How far will we go? i don't know, if we catch Korea/Iran in an offnight, we'd stand a chance. As i mentioned, we need a bit of luck on our side and well, hope at some point Korea/Iran shows some cracks. Then we'd have another shot at China.

Thank you my friend for understanding me, I am just a critique who always watch bb from third persons stand point :)

Guts
09-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Where your balls now Pychopath, you said its a sure loose for the smart gilas vs japan,,, stand by your words and dont post here anymore, just SHUTUP if you cant cheer for your own country period.

RoadtoLondon
09-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Where your balls now Pychopath, you said its a sure loose for the smart gilas vs japan,,, stand by your words and dont post here anymore, just SHUTUP if you cant cheer for your own country period.

no need for that.. his just and avid fan of SG trying to minimize his expectation...lol

j_abellana
09-21-2011, 06:55 AM

I wouldnt call aguilar a real prospect. The guy is seriously limited in his skills. You are right about the height thought, short of starting some eugenics program- were gonna be relying on naturalized or half filipino big men- just cant be helped really. I'm really hoping they make a better program than gilas, dont just start in the collegiate level- start sooner. more in the high school levels (12-13 years old in the philippines) Train up those possible prospects early..

bukag.2011
09-21-2011, 08:53 PM
Pilipinas rose not because of the downfall of the Arab. where the H3LL did you get that idea? so silly of me, but it is as if THEY taught us to play the game.

i do not know about zimbabwe dude, but here in the philippines, basketball is a "job." 5 pesos worth of game gives you scratches, aches and worst, blood!

Arabs are just tall. and were the first one to do the "naturalization" trick, so they were "strong" but they were never superior to us. oh no, uh uh.

We might not win this all the way, but i do not see an arab team in the
medal tally.

Pilipinas
China
South Korea

you u know MR ZIMBABWE where arabs comes in?

next 2013 FIBA Asia edition.