vs. Iran 37 - 49 Lose
vs. Uzbekistan 81 - 71 Win
vs Qatar 94 - 78 Win

eliooo93
09-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Lebanon win by 5.

mavrick_h
09-18-2011, 10:46 PM
this one is going to be a close match up both teams know this is the key game to avoid China in the next round.

could go either way If Lebanon wins predicting 5 to 10 pts max and the same goes for Taipei

LebaneseFan
09-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Does anyone have a link to watch the game online?

Go Leb!!

eliooo93
09-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Does anyone have a link to watch the game online?

Go Leb!!

here u go: http://www.sportlemon.tv/ When the game starts just click on the lebanon game.. This is what i used to watch leb-korea.. quality was great!

all_about
09-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Amongst all the games for this day, this stands out as the hardest to predict on who will emerge victorious. But nonetheless, I need to choose one team over the other.

I'll go for Chinese Taipei and that is a bold prediction.

bballer2010
09-18-2011, 11:53 PM
This might be the game of the tournament in my opinion. No team si clearly better than the other and we should see a dogfight to the end. It really will just come down to who wants it more and who shows up on that particular day. Hopefully Lebanon can pull this one out....

rocketstar47
09-19-2011, 01:07 AM
im betting for taiwan

Silent Killer
09-19-2011, 01:25 AM
without fadi, taiwan has a shot of beating lebanon. With fadi, i'll go for lebanon. since fadi is retired from international games, i place my bets on taiwan over lebanon.

TrueBluePinoy
09-19-2011, 01:27 AM
A Lebanese victory for today. CT don't have their best players, the ones with the whistles.:o

daniab
09-19-2011, 02:31 AM
A Lebanese victory for today. CT don't have their best players, the ones with the whistles.:o

Haha good one, i hope ur predictions goes right, i woke up 4am beirut time (2 hours before the game) so i hope that won't go wasted :D

interxavierxxx
09-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Very crucial game for Lebanon. With confidence, I'm going with Lebanon as their new players like Stephan and Bawji were amazing in their last game.

CKR13
09-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Lebanon +7.

I am hoping that Lebanon controls the boards and plays a patient half-court game. A run and gun game is not to my taste.

dranny79
09-19-2011, 02:57 AM
any live streaming links for this game?
tnx!

eliooo93
09-19-2011, 03:44 AM
any live streaming links for this game?
tnx!

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/10/66/v-306628.html

LebaneseFan
09-19-2011, 03:46 AM
30-30 at halftime....very tight game, it's for anyone to grab, ghaleb has a very bad shot selection and Jean can't find his rythm, we need both these guys to get their heads into the game and play well to win, it's gonna be a dog fight till the last seconds, hopefully lebanon will come up with the victory

dranny79
09-19-2011, 04:09 AM
http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/10/66/v-306628.html

thanks man!:cool:

eliooo93
09-19-2011, 04:09 AM
What a game so far.. Hope we'll win the fourth qtr!

eliooo93
09-19-2011, 04:10 AM
thanks man!:cool:

no problem

mavrick_h
09-19-2011, 04:10 AM
a lot of things to say but let's just wait the end

50-50 End of 3rd

tonysaade
09-19-2011, 04:11 AM
What a game so far.. Hope we'll win the fourth qtr!

Too many silly turnovers ... Best of luck

reamily
09-19-2011, 04:17 AM
Lin Chi Chieh laying fat egg lol:eek: talk about choking:D

eliooo93
09-19-2011, 04:24 AM
way too many missed opportunities :mad:

mavrick_h
09-19-2011, 04:25 AM
we don't deserve the win even if we have it

eliooo93
09-19-2011, 04:26 AM
we don't deserve the win even if we have it

why are u saying that?

eliooo93
09-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Good game by Sam off the bench too bad he missed that free throw.. hope we'll be able to tie it up and send the game to OT!

mavrick_h
09-19-2011, 04:30 AM
why are u saying that?

because they are not respecting the ball playing with not to mention the careless passing on some occasions

the last 0:12 seconds summarize everything

Anyway hard luck !

karim
09-19-2011, 04:31 AM
any updates on the score ?

eliooo93
09-19-2011, 04:32 AM
60-58.. Chi.Taipei win :(.. Here goes our chance of reaching the semis

bballer2010
09-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Wow those 5 that finished the game for Lebanon should never have been on in that situation. In ym opinion regardless of who they are or what they hav done all game that was the Coache's fault. Guards were uncomfortable with the ball all panicked and Hoskin looked terrible down the stretch

tonysaade
09-19-2011, 04:34 AM
60-58.. Chi.Taipei win :(.. Here goes our chance of reaching the semis

Fear killed us ... Nshallah kheir later on

LebaneseFan
09-19-2011, 04:35 AM
60-58 for chinese Taipai...tough game for lebanon, so many turnovers (especially 24 seconds clock violations)...congrats for CT, they played hard and deserved to win...

b3lowzro
09-19-2011, 04:35 AM
man taiwan just got lucky in the closing minutes of the game, they cant even seal the deal in the free throw line. too bad for Lebanon, good luck on your next opponents.

JGX
09-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Lebanon looked really disorganized in the fourth quarter.

kingkobe
09-19-2011, 04:53 AM
ur point? u have been losing to lebanon game after game in official competitions.

even so but we will remain an idealist, but w/out any illusion.2012 or 2016 or even 2020 olympic dream..we will continue to do our best,try our hardest,dream d highest!:rolleyes:

tonysaade
09-19-2011, 05:00 AM
true like you were, still and will forever

Dany relax man they're trying to piss you off ... We're having bad time now it happens to all national teams ... Nshallah kheir with our other games .

dose
09-19-2011, 05:02 AM
true like you were, still and will forever

After our basketball officials have gotten their acts together the past few years, I don't think so. Not by a long shot. Your team on the other hand, is going to the dogs. Be prepared for at least semi-final appearances for our team on the next few editions of Fiba-Asia and Asian games.

Don't worry, there is always next time. 2013 to be exact.

daniab
09-19-2011, 05:03 AM
Dany relax man they're trying to piss you off ... We're having bad time now it happens to all national teams ... Nshallah kheir with our other games .

i cant take it anymore man... i dont want to be disrespectful but they don't give you a chance not to do so.

tonysaade
09-19-2011, 05:07 AM
i cant take it anymore man... i dont want to be disrespectful but they don't give you a chance not to do so.

I know buddy ... But most of them are respecful and good people , it's a couple of guys that are messing around here ... Just ignore them :)

thayil
09-19-2011, 05:37 AM

Hey Daniab! been lurking this forum since 2006 not all of us are like that :)

I think your new Lebanon team benefited on this tourney because of the experience they've gained especially this kind of game.. my point is at least you have a team to represent this 2011 Fiba Asia championship considering the politics in your country.

I bet 2 years from now LEB will be on track again!

cheers!

Khalid80
09-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Guys calm down. Any provocative and offensive posts as well as swearing will not be tolerated.

tonysaade
09-19-2011, 05:56 AM
Hey Daniab! been lurking this forum since 2006 not all of us are like that :)

I think your new Lebanon team benefited on this tourney because of the experience they've gained especially this kind of game.. my point is at least you have a team to represent this 2011 Fiba Asia championship considering the politics in your country.

I bet 2 years from now LEB will be on track again!

cheers!

Amen to that !!!!

acklium
09-19-2011, 06:07 AM
we are just like these a few years ago..
i hope lebanon will have a smooth rebuilding process...

Silent Killer
09-19-2011, 06:31 AM
i knew taiwan would win this game against lebanon because lebanon doesn't have it's best players buy they compete. Kudos to taiwan. Lebanon will be good again after this tournament with this experience.

Bernard
09-19-2011, 06:49 AM

i said it before and im saying it again....FLB should have new elections consisting of former lebanese basketball players and a good business man seeking only the benefits of the lebanese basketball and the NT !!!
this year's NT was the worst (being a young team is not an excuse for this humiliation and bad lebanese basketball image...);
some of the FLB clear mistakes:

1 - FLB didnt even bother to prepare this young team if their main reason was to start building a new young team
2 - Ghassan Sarkis is just a name built during the glow of Sagesse in the late 90's and early 2000's (having an All Star Team, just like Riyadi now with FAC)... IMO he was a mistake to lead the NT
3 - choosing an old player to be naturalized with a new team for the future (let him be also young to build his chemistry along with the young squad)
4 - choosing the naturalized player 1 week before the championship (even for an old player, not the best choice)
5 - neglecting the players needs for the tournament

and many more, such as inside corruption and personal benefits...

this is so disgusting....
anyway the guys did their best in this tournament, i hope they earned a good experience, Ghassan sarkis did so many unforgiven mistakes (like always)
wish our NT all the best for the future, and i hope we wont lose too many points in the FIBA ranking...

Good Luck Philipines, Korea and Chinese Taipei as they improved A LOT in the past 2 years and they deserve a chance to glow.

Long Live Lebanon !! (Except All the Politicians)

babdelkader
09-19-2011, 07:21 AM
Guys, I will be realistic:

Even the federation give this team 1 million dollar, and 50 training camp, the result would be the same, these players are not skilled...
no one has 10% of Fadi El khatib or Roni Fahed potential skills.
Do u still believe Ghaleb Rida is a talented player ?
Do u still believe that Jean Abdelnour could lead the team without Fadi El Khatib in his beside ?
Do u still bet on Miguel Martinez ?
Do u still consider Mohamad Ibrahim is good forward to take the number 15 ?
Do u still believe the need for a center like Sam Hoskin ?

I missed my work today, to watch the match, I took 3 cups of coffe, after seeing Ghaleb losing the dribble, Miguel giving away the ball, Sam making walking turnovers, etc...

I saw a bad Chinese Taipei team, they are even not close to Japan and Philippines, and believe me, even we won today, we won't win over Japan, Philippines, neither Jordan.

Good participation, to believe that we need another view, Elias Zouros is now coaching the Greece team, and our Ghassan Saris (ya3tih alf alf 3afyeh), is relying on Miguel in the last 12 seconds of the game.

Wish the best for our players, they are our next hope, but let them learn some basketball basics before talking about camps and preparations to excuse...

Long Live Lebanon, we missed u Fadi El Khatib...

acklium
09-19-2011, 07:30 AM
you should start with the rebuilding of your bsketball federation..

samer_1_2
09-19-2011, 08:34 AM
I am really sad of the Lebanese team.. it must have been an easy win.. but with a hectic team..no win for sure... no play maker no leader..this team needs at least 2 years...

From the first game I saw this team I said , 2nd round and max 1/4.. we should be realistic..

Miguel Martinez is still too young to take responsabilities,.. we miss Ali mahmoud alot ..
Jean Abdel nour wasn't in his real level, I donno what happened to him..

Sam Huskin is really having a good CV, but very lazy and not fighter on the ground.. he needs a bobCat to hold him up.Garnet thomsson is much much better..they should exempt him and start from NOW .. yes from NOW an not waiting last minutes look for a good one who can help us and not rely on us.

I bet this federation contains corruption.. I bet they negotiate even for separate money for some personal members!!! that's why some players didn't accept to play !!! Remember my words!!! am sure there is corruption in this federation!!! just for history!!

I think I must congratulate two or three players: Ali kenaan, charl tabet and Rodrigue Akl and maybe estephan later..future of lebanon.. I congratulate Ghassan Sarkis for his big heart to take such a team like this one..

We shouldn't blame Ghassan sarkiss... in order to leave the nt team.. remember me guys.. you should appreciate him with this team...

GS 2011
Sam huskin
Estephan/Ibrahim
miguel/akl
bad preparation
No money
corruption

Vs

Bladwin 2009
Jacksson vroman
fadi khateeb/matt freige/daniel farris
ali mahmoud
elie roustom
roy smeha
good preparation
money
and maybe corruption

I say pierre khakhia is much experient than goerge barakat.. even he put debts..he was negotioating kazzouh an strong players.. Barakat is negotiating ho?? the player who came to the team with 201 cm height???and lately huskin 205cm, who is not in shape..
Guys, We went to China with broken legs.. Immagine

I blame the federation, because they lack the vision and program and preparation..
They should resign and not GS

Enough for today.. Don't fed up guys..Basketball is our history in Lebanon, we should save it

macan77
09-19-2011, 09:28 AM
i would not add insult to injury..but i want to say that all along i did not or would not disrespect your team..maybe some of lebanese forumers i don't like but the feeling is mutual anyway..again, i have told you, that your team is good but not very good enough for you to dominate teams that you used to dominate..but when i pointed those things few weeks ago, many lebanese posters got personal on me..heck, i was even banned in your lebanese national thread even though i did not post any bad things but just arguing my case..

with regard to your team, they are still young but you need to put experienced players combined with the young in order to be competitive..you can see the inexperience of you team in this tournament but you'll learn from this and you'll get better..but you have to get new talented players..because with these players, it would take another 3 years for them to be competitive..

b3lowzro
09-19-2011, 09:38 AM
to our Lebanese friends, the loss against taiwan is just a minor speed bump. You still have games to play and the road to london doesn't end with that loss. keep on believing in your team 'cause these guys need your support even in their darkest hour.

macan77
09-19-2011, 09:43 AM
as expected, i thought that CT would win..I was really thinking of them winning by atleast 6 points but Lebanese prove me wrong..they are getting better every game..its just bad that they meet CT in this early of the 2nd round..if they have met them in the latter part of this round, it could have been a different story..

RedMetal
09-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Lebanon58
Chinese Taipei 60

I dont see it coming!:cool: