PDA

View Full Version : Should Scariolo leave as head coach of Spain?

Hater
09-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Well i have to open this thread because Spain NT have one of the worst coach of the tournament. Yeah i realized that they are in the final of the EC but i have just watched the game in the morning and wow i really think that Spain have a retard ( no offense ) in the bench

Anybody thinks like me ?

Picek
09-16-2011, 05:00 PM
I have answered no because I thought you would put the same question on the poll as you did on the thread.. :rolleyes::o

but, yes. I would fire him at the end of the tournament..
in Poland he was saying thank you FEB for giving me this Ferrari..
for driving Ferrari you need to have a driver's license and he doesn't have one..

achinet
09-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Well i have to open this thread because Spain NT have one of the worst coach of the tournament. Yeah i realized that they are in the final of the EC but i have just watched the game in the morning and wow i really think that Spain have a retard ( no offense ) in the bench

Anybody thinks like me ?

Me... read my signature :p

achinet
09-16-2011, 05:05 PM
This post has two faces. The people who vote "No", if because they think he is really good?, or they think he is really a bad coach but they preffers that Scariolo continues being the Spanish coach to have (others countries) more chances to beat Spain?

Adon
09-16-2011, 05:09 PM
This post has two faces. The people who vote "No", if because they think he is really good?, or they think he is really a bad coach but they preffers that Scariolo continues being the Spanish coach to have (others countries) more chances to beat Spain?

You caught me :D
I voted "no" for the latter :o

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-16-2011, 05:13 PM
This thread after the guy has just reached the final, craziness....
The Spanish coaching position is overrated, these guys are all talented and know how to play the game, you just have to manage them and decide the minutes, that's all, they'll do the rest

Hater
09-16-2011, 05:24 PM
This thread after the guy has just reached the final, craziness....
The Spanish coaching position is overrated, these guys are all talented and know how to play the game, you just have to manage them and decide the minutes, that's all, they'll do the rest

Put the coach of Turkey in Spain NT or put Tanjevic .... i think is a huge difference

Alyosha12
09-16-2011, 05:30 PM
He should stay, that way other countries might have a shot at beating Spain:D

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Ene couldn't do it, cause he would even have trouble managing it... Tanjevic would be a total mismatch because he would be too disciplinary

Trust me, I think the Spanish stars have no problem at all with Sergio

Gonzaka
09-16-2011, 05:37 PM
I voted yes, but recognizing this Eurobasket had some great games.

Today was a match for San Emeterio and he didn't play...

Frozen
09-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Voted yes. This team could be much better IMO.

Gytaz
09-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Seriously, why do people sometimes put different questions in thread titles and polls? If you do that, then the vote options should be "yes, he should be fired", for example, instead of simply "yes". You won't get accurate results this way.

Hater
09-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Seriously, why do people sometimes put different questions in thread titles and polls? If you do that, then the vote options should be "yes, he should be fired", for example, instead of simply "yes". You won't get accurate results this way.

My bad

[Took the liberty to change the thread title to reflect the poll. rikhardur]

Alvertis4
09-16-2011, 07:07 PM
no... he gives hope to the rest of the teams

Hater
09-16-2011, 07:12 PM
no... he gives hope to the rest of the teams

lol :D

Deschain
09-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Actually, with Scariolo, Spain won 2 EC titles.
And he's the father figure who Spanish players need.
He even looks Spanish, rather than an Italian.

rikhardur
09-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Just one ;)
He looks quite Italian to me.

pohani komarac
09-16-2011, 09:46 PM

it would be harder to sell gillette products in spain then sand in sahara

and scariolo... perfect hair cut, armani

yes, he looks like italian:D

scariolo is another "rotation is my fetish" coach

this team deserves kari pesic, or young mirko novosel wit their how we call here "improvised organisation or organized caos"

spain is to talented to be screwed with systematic basketball from scariolo, they need somebody who will let them free

Breogan
09-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Just one ;)
He looks quite Italian to me.

Mmm Gominilo!!! Gomina = hair gel.

Just kidding, he looks Mediterranean but that´s not the point.

I don´t like it but the ones who have to decide this are the NT players (I mean Pau, Navarro :D)

There´s an spanish idiom (maybe international) that says (De la necesidad nace la virtud )something like if you need something and you don´t have resources you must compensate it in other ways. It can be applicated to Macedonia whose NT is doing all things at 120%. Maybe Spain, Usa and other talented teams only need a NT who can manage the roster and "let them be". Who knows, but we are in a forum so, lets criticize :D

benicense
09-16-2011, 09:57 PM

That's precisely what I don't like from Scariolo: the way he decides the minutes and manage them.

In my opinion, he's giving too many minutes to key players and little critical minutes to some bench players. As a result, key players get tired and lose concentration and bench players lose confidence. This way we have an irregular Spain, blowing out the other team in one quarter and doing awful basketball in another quarter.

Mermeri_Disledim
09-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Put the coach of Turkey in Spain NT or put Tanjevic .... i think is a huge difference

Yeah, Ene and Tanjevic are disastrous. No one can really be worse. OMG, even thinking about them is giving me chills!

Deschain
09-16-2011, 10:12 PM
it would be harder to sell gillette products in spain then sand in sahara

and scariolo... perfect hair cut, armani

yes, he looks like italian:D

scariolo is another "rotation is my fetish" coach

this team deserves kari pesic, or young mirko novosel wit their how we call here "improvised organisation or organized caos"

spain is to talented to be screwed with systematic basketball from scariolo, they need somebody who will let them free

Heh, I didn't mention about it enough. He looks like "King of the underground cartel of Granada" or someone like that.
Perfect haircut, golden watch, bronze skin.

And he drives a Ferrari :cool:
I like him though.

Turkey for example, always have a "talented team" but they rarely end up beyond the top 12. That's bad or ineffective coaching (or our guards' chronical IQ deficiency )

Maybe Spain would like Ene, he can sub Llull when Navarro is scoring on every offense.

Or Tanjevic, who would sub all the 5 players at once ;)

P.S: Spain won their second title ;)

Toxicity
09-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Please... Spain is going to win another EC title, Scariolo or not... they don't need a coach but just a credible figure in the international basketball (and Sergio did a lot in the past as club coach, both in Italy and in Spain)... maybe they'll need another one once Pau and Navarro retire. But that's not going to happen next year for the Olympics so all the haters have to wait a little bit... :rolleyes:

p.s.= Sergio is married with a spanish woman, his sons are spanish, lives there since many years and he's fluent in spanish... so he's more spanish than italian at this point.

damelo
09-16-2011, 11:16 PM

Or that he should resign by himself, and that Fed has no reason to fire him if he wins it again.

Overthetop
09-17-2011, 10:47 PM
No, at least his team will play for the championship again.

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-18-2011, 09:21 PM
This is for the critics: What would you differently if you were in his position?
I hear a lot of vague answers without the arguments

Gonzaka
09-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Being an anti-SS, I must recognize he managed very well our team in the last games. Especially, in the final.

Bravo, SS. No more frights at the OG, please.:D

Luíz for 3
09-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Scariolo used 8 players in the normal rotation and Spain will need more players (10) in the Olympics to make it to the final. Do not forget, Pau and Navarro will be 32, the biggest players of the NT. San Emeterio, Felipe Reyes, Víctor Claver or Victor Sada were bench warmers during all the tournament and never brought anything new to the game when they were called to play (Sada deserves a mention for his game in the final against France guarding Parker).
On the other hand, I think Scariolo was good when he picked Calderón as first guard instead of Rudy and even better in what concerns to Ibaka's inclusion on the team's rotation.
I think he should stay, maybe until 2014. For the next year, just few changes to put the Ferrari back on track:
Nikola Mirotić for Felipe Reyes (if the rule of 1 naturalized changes until the Olympics, otherwise I don't know :o)
Carlos Suárez for Víctor Claver
Josep Franch for Victor Sada

Other possible names
PG- Pau Ribas, Sergio Rodríguez
SF- Joan Sastre, Xavier Rabaseda, Pere Tomás

Darknemo2000
09-18-2011, 11:32 PM
(if the rule of 1 naturalized changes until the Olympics, otherwise I don't know :o)

I hope this rule never changes. The nT basketball is already getting disgustingly naturalized without it. Having two legionaries like that would only make it more deformed.

Luíz for 3
09-18-2011, 11:38 PM
I hope this rule never changes. The nT basketball is already getting disgustingly naturalized without it. Having two legionaries like that would only make it more deformed.

I read a new about this issue... However, I have no link.

pohani komarac
09-18-2011, 11:56 PM

me to:(

insted of nt we could add bc along names of croatia, spain, slovenia, macedonia, poland, montenegro...:mad:

Toxicity
09-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Where are all the haters now? Scariolo is not the greatest coach on earth but he's still the one who brought the only 2 EC gold medals in spanish history... and i think he did a very good job in this championship, not deserving all the critics received.

Point_Guard
09-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Scariolo is not the greatest coach on earth but he's still the one who brought the only 2 EC gold medals in spanish history.

Spain won a world championship before Scariolo, and an olympic sylver playing better basketball in both tournaments

Toxicity
09-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Spain won a world championship before Scariolo, and an olympic sylver playing better basketball in both tournaments

EC = European Championship

:rolleyes:

Apollo64
09-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Does it even matter who coaches this team?