Date: 14.09.2011
Time: 21:00 local (GMT+3)
Venue: Kaunas Arena

Supply&Demand
09-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Macedonia wins by 4 :D

kecal
09-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Run, run, baby run! Lithuania really has to make use of short Macedonian bench...

On the other hand, McCaleb might have a field day against our guards...

It should be a fine game to watch, with Lithuania winning by 5-10 points.

Navarro #7
09-12-2011, 09:13 PM
My prediction is the most obvious. It would be a miracle a victory for Macedonia. Of course, basketball sometimes brings surprises to us but...

I'm sure Lithuanian fans celebrated the last basket of Russia with passion, didn't they? ;)

kecal
09-12-2011, 09:16 PM
My prediction is the most obvious. It would be a miracle a victory for Macedonia. Of course, basketball sometimes brings surprises to us but...

I'm sure Lithuanian fans celebrated the last basket of Russia with passion, didn't they? ;)

I had mixed feeling, really. I wanted Macedonia to win, but I also like them a bit more than Russians to face at the QF. At the end, I was more with the Macedonians - sort of "WTF just happened here?" :D

Straight forward
09-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I expect amazing support in Žalgiris arena and nothing, but victories in the last stage no matter which team we are playing against. Thank you :p

thegreekmeister
09-12-2011, 09:57 PM
My prediction is the most obvious. It would be a miracle a victory for Macedonia.

Same here. It would be a sisaster for Lithuania. I hope they won't underestimate the opponent. Otherwise that miracle might happen. But I don't see Fyrom continuing their winning streak. We all witnessed many surprises at th regular stages, but when it counts the most - those surprises stops. So this fantastic performance by Macedonia should stop here.

Terrorizer
09-12-2011, 10:10 PM
I can't do much better that to cite my post in the other topic

Yes, I see Lithuania as a favourite of this QF game (their chances are slightly higher, let's say 60 to 40) but this is just a conclusion from the following facts: 1) crowd support will be enormous factor in Kaunas, 2) 'home' refereeing, 3) Lithuania has deeper bench than Macedonia, 4) (implicated from 3)) Macedonian leaders (McCalebb, Antic, Ilievski) are tired from playing around 35 mpg almost all tournament, 5) because of Gecevski's injury Macedonia is especially thin in the 5 position which can be crucial regarding Valanciunas' excellent shape. But if we consider the quality and level of play in this tournament then I say that Macedonia would be an even match for Lithuania. No more, no less.

Also one of the factors can be the fact that Macedonian players wouldn't believe in the possibility of another upset by them 'cause it literally be too much for them. Also knock-out games experience will play a major role here and it seems that Lithuanians with some of their players being veterans of Europealue/top european leagues (Spain, Italy, Russia) playoffs and even playoff finals are also better in this component.
So my favourite in this one is Lietuva but their win is very far from being obvious.

Terrorizer
09-12-2011, 10:14 PM
I had mixed feeling, really. I wanted Macedonia to win, but I also like them a bit more than Russians to face at the QF.
You put it so mildly :rolleyes: Sad to see that the same old anti-Russian bias are still very much present in Lithuania and even among bball fans.

Kalashnikov
09-12-2011, 10:18 PM
You put it so mildly :rolleyes: Sad to see that the same old anti-Russian bias are still very much present in Lithuania and even among bball fans.

you have never heard that everybody loves an underdog?

thegreekmeister
09-12-2011, 10:20 PM

I don't see any bias there. I am sure more non lithuanian, non russian, non macedonian fans were cheering for Fyrom. Simply because people like to see underdogs win.

Terrorizer
09-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Thegreekmeister and Kalashnikov, of course, rooting for the underdog is a very common thing, but I don't think that it's the case here. 'Cause cheering for Macedonians is a very sensible thing for every unbiased fan (just because of the reason you have put into consideration), but for Lithuanian to say that he likes Macedonia a bit more than Russia as a Lithuania's rival in quarterfinals - in 99% it's very clearly indicates some degree of Russophobia. Because, guys, not only our team is better than Macedonia 'by the names', but also Russia is very uncomfortable for Lithuania as a rival, the fact which was underlined not only in 2007 but also twice in this year's preparatory games. So what this Lithuanian fella wants to say: I think that both Russia and Macedonia are shitty (or so-so) teams, clearly inferior to Lithuania NT, but since Russia NT is slightly better than the Macedonian one I prefer the last one to be our oponent in QF a bit more. Sounds kinda absurd and disparaging (towards Russian NT), doesn't it?

Kalashnikov
09-12-2011, 10:40 PM
after all the "IBN hates Turks/Turkish NT/Turkey" that was going around for the past few weeks...I've had just about enough with prejudice theories...

thegreekmeister
09-12-2011, 10:55 PM
for Lithuanian to say that he likes Macedonia a bit more than Russia as a Lithuania's rival in quarterfinals - in 99% it's very clearly indicates some degree of Russophobia. Because, guys, not only our team is better than Macedonia 'by the names', but also Russia is very uncomfortable for Lithuania as a rival

Hah. You misunderstood. When he says he likes Macedonia as opponents he means that he likes them because they are weaker than Russia.

buzz
09-12-2011, 11:17 PM
FYROM got fired already...no chances for the skopians

Civilis
09-12-2011, 11:18 PM
I believe that Lithuania will be capable of imposing the rhythm of the game on Macedonian team, which, despite its strong fighting spirit and upbeat mood, has a short bench.

That's why I was cheering for Russia to win because it would be harder to impose a favourable style of play on Russia (we do miss Kleiza and Maciulis against tall and physical opponents).

The only X factor for the forthcoming game to me is Bo McCallebb. Otherwise, should be a not too dramatic victory for Lithuania (with all due respect to what Macedonia achieved so far).

Dule_Vujosevic
09-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I voted for Macedonia.
I see this game as very tight and unpredictable till end, 7-8 points max.

TomUSLty
09-13-2011, 12:06 AM
Macedonia only lost the 2 games they played without their starting center, Gecevski, both very close, one in overtime.

If he comes back they might pull of an upset. They are just too short on the bench as it is, let alone to be missing one of their starting five.

Hepcat
09-13-2011, 12:37 AM
Because, guys, not only our team is better than Macedonia 'by the names', but also Russia is very uncomfortable for Lithuania as a rival, the fact which was underlined not only in 2007 but also twice in this year's preparatory games.

By the same token though I think both the players on the Lithuanian team and their rabid fans want a chance to make it right in a game against Russia!

Србски Син
09-13-2011, 12:48 AM
I voted for southern neighbors. I think they can make a surprise.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 03:13 AM
Bad news is that Macedonia needed to beat Russia last night, we needed two days rest and instead we will only get one day rest.

I'm not naive, it is obvious it is better to play against Serbia with two days of rest instead of playing against the host with only one day rest against a more rested team but also with 15.000 fans on the stand but also if needed the refs.

Fate wos not on our side last night as Russia pulled out the win with a lucky 3 point buzzer shoot. Feels unfair but that wos our fate and thats that.

Good thing is that our super importent center Todor Gecevski will play despite that he broke his hand against Slovenia.

He will play with special protection.

baelor
09-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Thegreekmeister and Kalashnikov, of course, rooting for the underdog is a very common thing, but I don't think that it's the case here. 'Cause cheering for Macedonians is a very sensible thing for every unbiased fan (just because of the reason you have put into consideration), but for Lithuanian to say that he likes Macedonia a bit more than Russia as a Lithuania's rival in quarterfinals - in 99% it's very clearly indicates some degree of Russophobia. Because, guys, not only our team is better than Macedonia 'by the names', but also Russia is very uncomfortable for Lithuania as a rival, the fact which was underlined not only in 2007 but also twice in this year's preparatory games. So what this Lithuanian fella wants to say: I think that both Russia and Macedonia are shitty (or so-so) teams, clearly inferior to Lithuania NT, but since Russia NT is slightly better than the Macedonian one I prefer the last one to be our oponent in QF a bit more. Sounds kinda absurd and disparaging (towards Russian NT), doesn't it?

:D Man... you, russians, have some problems, don't you?:eek: Russophobia? What the hell is that? Some kind of 'cold war' sindrome? Noone hates you, get over it

Vazzy
09-13-2011, 05:15 AM
finally we will get an apportunety to see are fans in Zalgiris arena capable to create green hell no one have ever seen :) i hope they can :)

mrQQ
09-13-2011, 05:49 AM

Sounds kinda Russophobicphobic.

Illegal2k10
09-13-2011, 07:47 AM
Daaaamn, I really wanted to see LTU-RUS on the QFs. :D That would have been awesome :o

This one? its cristal clear to me. If we will have a good shooting day, it will be all over in fashion, if not a thrilling game awaits us. :p

Afraid
09-13-2011, 07:54 AM

That is one crazy conspiracy theory, probably craziest ever here on IBN... Are you some old russian history teacher that still lives in a memories of great motherland and have no other idea just how good is to live under this warm iron curtain.. get over it.. older people here in lithuania usually saves the memory of how good, helpful, generous and warm russian people are actually.
Spain NT gets much more hate than yours, but people don't create crazy conspiracy theories, and everyone know that spaniards are one of the friendliest people, but the majority is cheering against them. Does that mean spaniardophobia?

bukefalos
09-13-2011, 08:05 AM
tough game.
i just vote liths with their home advantage

Hater
09-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Lithuania +15

pablonis
09-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Some of you guys really crack me up... Yes, Lithuania is going to win, but only due to home court advantage. Nevermind the far superior roster or coaching, or the more sophisticated game in general. :rolleyes:

With all due respect to fighting spirit and determination of FYROMians, the only way i see them having a chance is if they have one of those "Athens/Italy/Semifinal 20 threes from 8 meters" days. Otherwise it won't be even close.

+18 Lithuania

yessuz
09-13-2011, 09:02 AM
as already proven few times, it's not FYROM, it's F.E.A.R Macedonia :D

Picek
09-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Some of you guys really crack me up... Yes, Lithuania is going to win, but only due to home court advantage. Nevermind the far superior roster or coaching, or the more sophisticated game in general. :rolleyes:

superior coaching? wtf?

Afraid

With all due respect to fighting spirit and determination of FYROMians, the only way i see them having a chance is if they have one of those "Athens/Italy/Semifinal 20 threes from 8 meters" days. Otherwise it won't be even close.

+18 Lithuania

i think exactly opposite.. Macedonia made it to the quarterfinals playing as a team. This is their strength. Individual leaders can be neutralized, but if you need to neutralize whole team and their team game, it is far more difficult task. I expect some intense battle, and of course hope and think that we will win, but not easily. It is a little sad for me that we have to play against macedonians, because after I read those articles of how people are in love with the game and with their NT, i thought that good results here can make Macedonia a basketball country, and help to establish basketball as their sport no1 :)

Supply&Demand

+18 Lithuania

They said the same for Russia and Greece. ;)

Good thing is that our super importent center Todor Gecevski will play despite that he broke his hand against Slovenia.

Lele... He should only come back if he is able, but I guess he really wants to play.

no chances for the skopians

Luckily McCalebb, Gecevski, and Ilievski are not from Skopje, so if they're on fire we'll do good.

Apollo64
09-13-2011, 09:42 AM
FYROM plays exactly the type of game that may pose problems for Lithuania. They are really good in defense all around and their decision making in offense is very good too. Lithuania might be the favourites but i think it will be a tight game where anything can happen.

madmax
09-13-2011, 10:35 AM
We will most probably win, but a lot depends on how our guards are defending and shooting the ball. If they somehow manage to contain Bo and feed Jonas properly in the paint, we will win by 10+. If not, anything could happen

Hyppo
09-13-2011, 10:48 AM
I honestly see the chances of both teams winning this match even. Lithuania is one of the strongest teams in the European basketball, no doubt. But they have had a fluctuating performance so far. I think they have some issues with consistency and I really can't predict how they will play at this point. They score 100 points against Serbia but they couldn't do anything notable against Spain as they have been far outscored in the match.

On the other hand, Macedonia is the rising power of the tournament. They are definitely in a position to scare their opponents. They're like a bomb ready to explode, you really can't predict what comes out of it. I'm sure the Lithuanian team keep watching recent game footages of the Macedonian team and they are aware that it's gonna be a tough match.

If Lithuania scrutinize the game style of this naive team and take the necessary measures, they'll overcome potential obstacles and win with ease. I see them one step ahead.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
We will most probably win, but a lot depends on how our guards are defending and shooting the ball. If they somehow manage to contain Bo and feed Jonas properly in the paint, we will win by 10+. If not, anything could happen

LTU have no guard that can defend Bo, not one team on this EC has a guard that can defend Bo.

He will cause you problems and the only question is how much.

madmax
09-13-2011, 11:44 AM
LTU have no guard that can defend Bo, not one team on this EC has a guard that can defend Bo.

He will cause you problems and the only question is how much.

true, and I honestly expect Bo to rape anyone who tries to guard him tomorrow (be it Sharas, Kalnietis, Pocius or Kaukenas). Neither of those players have foot speed and athleticism to stay with him, so there will be plenty of trapping and help defense I suppose. Let's see what game plan our coach implements tomorrow - should be a cracking game:cool:

swagger09
09-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Mancedonia always managed somehow to slow their opponents down till now. But I don't see that happening against crazy run'n'gun Lithuanians. Pero, Bo, Ilievski- they've been playing close to 40 minutes every game, I bet they'll be spitting their lugs out on the floor already in the 3rd q :D Adding the home crowd, the referees and so on= +15 Lithuania.

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Remember this post. Momentum is pure energy! Lithuania is not Spain.
If Maccaleb keeps it on fire my prediction is +10 at least for fyrom. If not...the rest of fyrom players will be dragged down with him giving Lith's an advandage of +15 points.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 01:41 PM
My mate. Lets all be realistic for a moment.

Tickets must be sold to the semi-finals and this is in the FIBA ​​interest, sponsors wish to see LTU in the semifinals. We can act naive but this is the world we live in.

This my sound sick but is better for us to give up on this match and focuz on the match against Slovenia the very next day 14.30.

Pointsless to waste expensive energy even more pointless with Todor Gecevski problems.

Yes to some point you can play with pure adrenaline and cuz of the adrenaline you will not feel the tiredness as much, but at some point sooner or later the legs will catch you.

Victorious
09-13-2011, 02:58 PM
I support my northern neighbors. Once again they will use their underdog position and will be very dangerous, but it's so hard to beat the home team in such tournaments. I think that FYR of Macedonia is a better team than most think though. We'll see, but not an easy game for sure.

Raze Lupin
09-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Liths got this +15 or more. Liths are too deep and fast. Still I can't totally count FYR out because every time they play a supposed superior opponent that opponent has a "bad game". Think Greece, Russia, SLO etc... all mysteriously had "bad games". I don't think Lietuva will have a "bad game" but you never know....

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Liths got this +15 or more. Liths are too deep and fast. Still I can't totally count FYR out because every time they play a supposed superior opponent that opponent has a "bad game". Think Greece, Russia, SLO etc... all mysteriously had "bad games". I don't think Lietuva will have a "bad game" but you never know....

According to the above "statistic" Lietuva will also have a "bad game". fyrom has a strong defence that doesn't foul!!! If the Lith's find a way to break it they'll pass! Im not sure how though.I'm working on it cause i plan to bet

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I support my northern neighbors. Once again they will use their underdog position and will be very dangerous, but it's so hard to beat the home team in such tournaments. I think that FYR of Macedonia is a better team than most think though. We'll see, but not an easy game for sure.

Thank you for your support. I will cheer for Greece as well.

We all saw what home court means last year in Turkey. Is just the way it is and you cant cry about it. Refs, sponsors, tickets, etc. Importent.

We lost our semifinal ticket last night on the buzzer cuz Serbia seems to be a team you can beat. Fair refs, etc.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 03:39 PM
According to the above "statistic" Lietuva will also have a "bad game". fyrom has a strong defence that doesn't foul!!! If the Lith's find a way to break it they'll pass! Im not sure how though.I'm working on it cause i plan to bet

Well Partizan Dule basketball. This is the way it is our team has extremely good organization all know exactly what they're doing in defance for 40 min. Everybady follow the system.

Macedonia is making every singel team look bad thats the reality.

If you do not believe me then at least believe David Blatt.

At least one thing is for sure, LTU has not playd against an organization like this yet.

Google translate.
http://www.basketball.org.mk/?ItemID=792E1480CDB7D34CB9D76A929695C2D3

Russian coach delighted

David Blatt with numerous compliments for Macedonia

U.S. coach, who with the Russian team won European gold in 2007, do not save praise for the game of our selection, not only today's match, but the whole tournament

Russia beat Macedonia today with 63-61, but Blatt was aware that his team, which entered the match with absolute favorite role was largely out playd.

The composition of Marin Dokuzovski played perfectly, especially in defense, taking the maximum capacity of all available forces. At a press conference after the meeting, trofejniot coach hardly talked about Russia or his next opponent Serbia. The whole press conference devoted to Macedonia ...

"First, I want to congratulate the coach (Dokuzovski Marin), not only for today's performance, but the performance of the entire tournament. I will not call it the surprise of the tournament because Macedonia has an excellent coach, good and smart players who act together and play a very powerful fantastic tournament. I wanted to give all the credit along to the world, because they deserve it. They are really a serious team, "Blatt said in his first address to the media.

"We were literally forced to pull the absolute maximum from every player and every situation to win the match. I will not say we played bad, because, with their good play in defence, forced us to play bad. I do not want to anything away from credit, we had a tough game because they are difficult opponents. I have to congratulate my players mentally Sun swelled as many others. Several teams of this tournament is giving up the fight, because Macedonia literally killed with persistence. Thus, Macedonia managed to win much stronger teams than them by 15 points difference ... Because they play smart, real players real task at the right moment and it's really hard to win. Great merit would like to give up their captain (Pero Antic) is a great leader and organizer, "continued Marsh.

After the press conference, marshes personally congratulated for good performance. Russian media, much as David Marsh, highlight the power of Macedonia. One of the more famous, "Sport-Express", said: "Our team was faced with the Macedonians, who are injured, exhausted and barely won! Even if they lose all subsequent matches with 50 distinction, they are heroes! "

xxax
09-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Nice that the Macedonians are confident, but realistically i think Lithuania takes it. Home court advantage and they faced much tougher competition till now.

Jon_Koncak
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM
My mate. Lets all be realistic for a moment.

Tickets must be sold to the semi-finals and this is in the FIBA ​​interest, sponsors wish to see LTU in the semifinals. We can act naive but this is the world we live in.

This my sound sick but is better for us to give up on this match and focuz on the match against Slovenia the very next day 14.30.

i didn't believe it so i had to check and you are right.The loser will have to play a really crucial game in less than 18 hours after the quarterfinal is finished.I wanna know which braindead idiot came up with this unfair scheduling.What a mess by Fiba and the organizers.

Vlatko.klp
09-13-2011, 04:18 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/315759_280745678605200_275705822442519_1246067_178 8925823_n.jpg
Nice isn't it? :D

Srle
09-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Macedonia is no slouch . This could be a very close game .

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 05:18 PM
i didn't believe it so i had to check and you are right.The loser will have to play a really crucial game in less than 18 hours after the quarterfinal is finished.I wanna know which braindead idiot came up with this unfair scheduling.What a mess by Fiba and the organizers.

Thank you for the support my neighbor.

When I saw this program I could not believe my eyes a real schook, fucking earthquake :eek::(:mad:

We have been better than Slovenia the whole tournament and now they will literally like a criminal steal the OG ticket that we deserved.

xxax
09-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Thank you for the support my neighbor.

When I saw this program I could not believe my eyes a real schook :eek::(:mad:

We have been better than Slovenia the whole tournament and now they will literally like a criminal steal the OG ticket that we deserved.

:rolleyes:
Yes it's a conspiracy against Macedonia...

AiwiTo
09-13-2011, 05:27 PM
I dont think Macedonia has a lot of chances. Yep, they had fantastic tournament so far, but could they do same in our side? If we would change them with Italy for example..
They beat Croatia by 2 points, Greece, which played worst game in the tournament (no disrespect for Macedonia, their defense was awesome, and made a lot of problems for Greece offense). They beat Slovenia, a team which is playing much time worse than anybody expected here.
Okey, we need to show some respect to them, but what we need to do is to show our basketball style. In all these games other teams didnt played their basketball, they played what Macedonians offered, slow, slow and very slow game style.
We need to start to run from the first minute, and everything will be OK. Longer bench, steals and rebounding will be crucial here, and I see +10 win for us.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Who the hell mentioned anything about conspiracy against Macedonia. This program wos made long before EC started. We are just saying UNFAIR !!!!.

It is simply unfair and if you have problems to edmit that cuz your Slovenian thats your problem.

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes it's a conspiracy against Macedonia...

Welcome to the Balkan peninsula! Everybody conspirates against everybody.
So true.... So false

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 05:31 PM
Yet again ? who told anything about conspiracy ?.

You are putting word in my mouth.

xxax
09-13-2011, 05:44 PM
It is simply unfair and if you have problems to edmit that cuz your Slovenian thats your problem.

I didn't know Slovenians have problems with "edmiting" things...:D

Vlatko.klp
09-13-2011, 05:46 PM
Guys stop it! Robimkd said already that the program has been made before the championship even started. Therefore do not mention "conspiracy theories" because it just looks stupid.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 05:48 PM
At least with this case :D

Joke aside, you must agree that this is an huge advantage for Slovenia.

Gremo against Spain.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 05:51 PM
I dont think Macedonia has a lot of chances. Yep, they had fantastic tournament so far, but could they do same in our side? If we would change them with Italy for example..
They beat Croatia by 2 points, Greece, which played worst game in the tournament (no disrespect for Macedonia, their defense was awesome, and made a lot of problems for Greece offense). They beat Slovenia, a team which is playing much time worse than anybody expected here.
Okey, we need to show some respect to them, but what we need to do is to show our basketball style. In all these games other teams didnt played their basketball, they played what Macedonians offered, slow, slow and very slow game style.
We need to start to run from the first minute, and everything will be OK. Longer bench, steals and rebounding will be crucial here, and I see +10 win for us.

Do not worry, we will close all the court against you too and then you can run as much as you want into the wall :D

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 05:54 PM
We are not going to exchange any run and gun basketball wih you, be sure of that :)

thegreekmeister
09-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Wow, some people are really confident :D I like the attitude :)

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 06:05 PM
I just wanted to give him little shivers :D a chill in the spine.

He simply has no clue what defence he is up against :D

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Wow, some people are really confident :D I like the attitude :)

lol lol

auris1
09-13-2011, 07:17 PM
I am sick to my stomach just thinking about this game,let alone watching it tomorrow.Thank god i am drinking man,so that will by taken care of.
I was working yesterday night,so missed the game. So trust me,when i saw play by play ,my heart just sank.Monia is on the roll.Russians again ,at least to me,proved to be the team with guts - not sure about the game itself.
Were Russians trying that hard?Were Macedonians trying that too?Nether less.
Now,regarding the draw itself.
Out of them 4 teams,given the choice,i would still pick Macedonia regardless.
Serbs are probably biting their fingernails,they would prefer their neighbours instead of this mad Russian team,same as me.I think their luck will run out eventually,just hard to say when.Russian roulette,with 9 bullets this time.
Greeks would had been tough too.They know the game well.Never easy for us.
Slovenia- they had one good game due coming anyway(pity,it will be just after they loose vs Spain).Plus,loosing 2 friendly games against them - no,thank you very much.
So,...
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Well,that is why Macedonia is good for us.

Regarding the game - we have the better players on the paper,grant none.
We have home court advantage,which hopefully,will be the best ever,as it should.
I hope for fair treatment from officials for both teams.
What goes against us,that it is quarter finals,and we all know that it means to the country
Anyway,good luck for both teams

Billy Bounce
09-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I hope Kemzura & Lith players aren't so overconfident with a win as fans here, otherwise it's going to cost them a game. :p

Pressure : all the pressure on Lithuanians , they play at home, there are expectations , etc . Meaning : if Liths won't start with a blitz-krieg to build a gap, they will find themselves under immense pressure .

Tempo : Liths need to play fast paced basketball to win : more possessions, fast-breaks to ignite the crowd. Short Macedonian bench won't have a chance in 80-90 points game. Macedonians are among the slowest paced teams, they will try to slow the tempo down.

Keys for MKD: To play their game: play long ( up to 20 sec) offenses with controllable ball movement to tire down Lith players, making them work hard on defense. Try to disrupt Lith offense in the most vulnerable point : guards . Press the ball , go for steals , especially playing against Saras ( see Rubio defense on Saras in Lithuania - Spain)

Keys for LTU: Fast paced game. Use your strong points : pick-n-rolls (Saras +Valanciunas) & height advantage at basically all positions: go strong for offensive rebounds, try make more points in the paint. Lead MKD bigs into a foul trouble early by attacking from close range. Defense against McCalebb : there no way to stop his cuts one-on-one with his killer first step, so it's extremely important that Lith bigs will help to the guards .

Prediction : If Lithuanians will succeed to build a comfortable double - digit gap from the start, they 're expected to cruise to the victory. If the things will go in a hard way & the game will be close to the very end , pressure& expectations from the home crowd & McCalebb will do their damage & will lead MKD to a major upset here.

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 08:53 PM
I hope Kemzura & Lith players aren't so overconfident with a win as fans here, otherwise it's going to cost them a game. :p

Pressure : all the pressure on Lithuanians , they play at home, there are expectations , etc . Meaning : if Liths won't start with a blitz-krieg to build a gap, they will find themselves under immense pressure .

Tempo : Liths need to play fast paced basketball to win : more possessions, fast-breaks to ignite the crowd. Short Macedonian bench won't have a chance in 80-90 points game. Macedonians are among the slowest paced teams, they will try to slow the tempo down.

Keys for MKD: To play their game: play long ( up to 20 sec) offenses with controllable ball movement to tire down Lith players, making them work hard on defense. Try to disrupt Lith offense in the most vulnerable point : guards . Press the ball , go for steals , especially playing against Saras ( see Rubio defense on Saras in Lithuania - Spain)

Keys for LTU: Fast paced game. Use your strong points : pick-n-rolls (Saras +Valanciunas) & height advantage at basically all positions: go strong for offensive rebounds, try make more points in the paint. Lead MKD bigs into a foul trouble early by attacking from close range. Defense against McCalebb : there no way to stop his cuts one-on-one with his killer first step, so it's extremely important that Lith bigs will help to the guards .

Prediction : If Lithuanians will succeed to build a comfortable double - digit gap from the start, they 're expected to cruise to the victory. If the things will go in a hard way & the game will be close to the very end , pressure& expectations from the home crowd & McCalebb will do their damage & will lead MKD to a major upset here.

Saras will definitely be the key for Lith's victory.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Greating from our NT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzZC8AOcGrI&feature=player_embedded

Jesus, doubtful if I can sleep tonight I'm already nervous :D should not be because I know that tomorrow Macedonia writt real history and become immortal after an classical basketball upset that europe will speak about for years :D

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Greating from our NT

Jesus, doubtful if I can sleep tonight I'm already nervous :D should not be because I know that tomorrow Macedonia writt real history and become immortal after an classical upset thaty europe will speak about for years :D
That could be a first :)

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 09:43 PM
That could be a first :)

Well basketball aint the only sport. We have a lot of success and still has in handball bothe man and women ;) a part from Greece a prity big sport in europ.

But also our waterpolo progress we beat you twice not long ago :D and 3 weeks ago our youth team won broze medal at the Universiade in China.

But i guess you meant politics :D

Some day real historians will teach real history to the greeks :)

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Well basketball aint the only sport. We have a lot of success and still has in handball bothe man and women ;) a part from Greece a prity big sport in europ.

But also our waterpolo progress we beat you twice not long ago :D and 3 weeks ago our youth team won broze medal at the Universiade in China.

But i guess you meant politics :D

Some day real historians will teach real history to the greeks :)
Like those in Louvre museum?

auris1
09-13-2011, 09:55 PM
This is the biggest travesty that infected European basketball.
Letting USA players to play for European NT teams.
I do not consider Macedonia as in achieving something,as long as it has foreign player on the roster who does the job of winning for the team.

Please,do not tell me that this team is capable of winning unless some geezer from usa makes it happen.
How come you are proud?

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 09:58 PM
This is the biggest travesty that infected European basketball.
Letting USA players to play for European NT teams.
I do not consider Macedonia as in achieving something,as long as it has foreign player on the roster who does the job of winning for the team.

Please,do not tell me that this team is capable of winning unless some geezer from usa makes it happen.
How come you are proud?

It is called Balkan ultranationalism. Dont take them seriously. Just play with them for a while and enjoy :)

Kalashnikov
09-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Don't go there guys...

leave the topic to the sport...

auris1
09-13-2011, 10:04 PM
It is called Balkan ultranationalism. Dont take them seriously. Just play with them for a while and enjoy :)

enjoy what exactly?
When a black player ,born USA is a leading scorer and the biggest threat ,what are we talking about in European championships?
Why is he our the biggest problem?How come?
Macedonia is shit without Bo.
Nothing to be proud of

madmax
09-13-2011, 10:05 PM
If Mccaleeb feels like he belongs to macedonian NT, then why is it a travesty? C'mon now, the days of "pure" basketball are long gone - almost all teams have players who are born in another country (exluding patriotic Lithuania of course...)

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 10:11 PM
enjoy what exactly?
When a black player ,born USA is a leading scorer and the biggest threat ,what are we talking about in European championships?
Nothing to be proud of

You are right but the thing is, that this is exactly why Bo was recruited. Because otherwise the team sucks. And they need some attention from Europe.
The fyrom guys here dont have a clue about basketball. They dont even now who Dirk is. Thats why i said: dont mind them and enjoy those fine and funny conversations with them.

auris1
09-13-2011, 10:14 PM
If Mccaleeb feels like he belongs to macedonian NT, then why is it a travesty? C'mon now, the days of "pure" basketball are long gone - almost all teams have players who are born in another country (exluding patriotic Lithuania of course...)
Max,hi there.
Long time)
He feels nothing i guess.
He had got a passport.
He has to play.
And for once he is enjoying it.
But should he?
No
Even bloody Croatia had one.Georgia.Bulgaria.Spain.Omar Cook too,whatever team he played for.
Bollocks

Kalashnikov
09-13-2011, 10:16 PM
exluding patriotic Lithuania of course...

and Greece...our Greek-americans are first Greek and then American

Supply&Demand
09-13-2011, 10:21 PM

Those crazy Macedonians.. how dare they feel pride in their greatest sporting achievement!

enjoy what exactly?
Nothing to be proud of

So why was it that our only two losses came when Gecevski was not on the court? :D

The fyrom guys here dont have a clue about basketball. They dont even now who Dirk is. Thats why i said: dont mind them and enjoy those fine and funny conversations with them.

This is getting kinda sad...

It's more like "I'll never make the USA team.. Hellooo Greece". That's practically the case for most dual nationals, in most sports (football for example).

@Moderator, I posted at the same time as you and didn't see, please delete!

auris1
09-13-2011, 10:24 PM
By the way,i work with a Greek guy,who was born in Australia,lived in Greece,and now moved to London.he is total guy though,like he likes man man i assume,but he is very specific about his upbringing.
So -Australian Greeks are first Greek i guess,and then Australian,and then English

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Bo Makaleb will play many more years for Macedonia like it or not.

First of all he is dating a Macedonian girl for more than a year, second he say with this friendship in the team (he has never experienced anything like it unique chemistry he say) he will play for Macedonia as long he play basketball he say gladly with out money.

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Since when ? since Holden won the gold medel to Russia or since your fat boy started to play for Greece :D

What???? Sofo is from a greek father and raised there. And what about Holden?
(John Robert?)

Goran_D
09-13-2011, 10:26 PM
enjoy what exactly?
Nothing to be proud of
and 10 years from now the statistics will say that the host country lost from a shitty team in the qf

rikhardur
09-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Guys, for history lessons and the Macedonian issue, you know where to go. Further posts on that here will get deleted and users banned from thread.

auris1
09-13-2011, 10:29 PM
what is happening?
Can not see page 5.
heavy moderating?

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 10:32 PM
what is happening?
Can not see page 5.
heavy moderating?

The page is on fire!!!!

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Macedonia has been doing great over the last 4-5 years and over the last 3 years above 20.000 kids started to play basketball since the sport started to become more popular. This will bring youth results in 5-6 years and senior results in 10-12 years.

More and more money are invested and will increase even more aftyer this basketball euphoria. The only loser is handball our former national sport :D.

2012 MZT Skopje will join the grea NLB league they signed the contrect a few weeks ago. T-Mobile will sponzor 2 milion euros budget.

Project KK Junior started 10 months ago. 20 milion euros has been invested by our gov. KK Junior is an basketball school in every singel Macedonia city.

KK Junior
http://junior.com.mk/cms/home/

So yes i would say that good things has started to happen.

Basketball wos an death sport for many years almost no kid playd basketball. The greek Fiba president did a prity good job to kell the sport in Macedonia the year 2003.

Our U16 teams used to have great results as exampel we playd twice semifinal in A divission. But than basketball just died in Macedonia.

Since 2007-2011 good thing started to happen. No more Greek president and finaly climate for investments :)

auris1
09-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Guys, for history lessons and the Macedonian issue, you know where to go. Further posts on that here will get deleted and users banned from thread.

Jesus.Rick.
We have for once good discussion going on.
Not sure about history lessons,but still

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 10:45 PM
So and nervous people from LTU on the topic :D we have nothing to lose LTU everything, tis is when Macedonia strikes :D

christodoulou76
09-13-2011, 10:46 PM
I don't agree with some of the sentiments expressed here. I think the FYROM team has played very well as a team and deserve to be in the top 8. They are the revelation of the tournament, without a doubt. We should leave politics out of it and enjoy the games over the next few days.

Jon_Koncak
09-13-2011, 10:46 PM
Nothin wrong with what Fyrom do with McCaleb,they weren't the first team to take advantage of the rule and won't be the last.In fact they were wise to choose a damn good player to naturalise,someone who makes a difference on the court and not a scrub.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 10:48 PM
The LTU nightmare from Fiba TV :D

THAIMG
09-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Nothin wrong with what Fyrom do with McCaleb,they weren't the first team to take advantage of the rule and won't be the last.In fact they were wise to choose a damn good player to naturalise,someone who makes a difference on the court and not a scrub.

So what happens if everybody does it? And i am not talking about diaspora.

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Pella boy, drop the unimportant things.

Lets focuz on the match.

LTU

vs

MKD

History wll be made ? I sense something in the air :) I can just smell it :)

I had the same feeling 2004 with Greece football.

auris1
09-13-2011, 10:59 PM
So and nervous people from LTU on the topic D

Kudos to you,my man,you are right.
Being nervous is a sign of respect,no?

Srle
09-13-2011, 11:01 PM

Speak for yourself. What FIBA is doing is travesty :mad:

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Kudos to you,my man,you are right.
Being nervous is a sign of respect,no?

Yes it might be. The great thing with the match is we have no clue on the topic how strong group 1 wos and how strong group 2 wos.

No one realy knows for sure thats way everybady are nervous :D

I cant sleep, i should but i cant. Jeses i will not sleep 30 min tonight looool.

auris1
09-13-2011, 11:13 PM
I cant sleep, i should but i cant. Jeses i will not sleep 30 min tonight looool.

I will take my hat off ,i never wear,for your attitude,
But
You have no chance
Simple as that

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 11:23 PM
You have just 18 H and 38 min of hope left :D

Than is time for us to start wright history :)

Robimkd
09-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Marin Dokuzovski:

We know exactly how to play against LTU and I am convince that our style is something LTU coach hates.

We are hungry we will play for semifinal and we are not ashamed. LTU will have to play the best match of the EC to beat us we are very motiveted all our players knows what needs to be done do beat LTU.

Our boys think that we can beat LTU with out a doubt.

Lets see.

End.

Stardusted
09-14-2011, 01:25 AM
Remember this post. Momentum is pure energy! Lithuania is not Spain.
If Maccaleb keeps it on fire my prediction is +10 at least for fyrom. If not...the rest of fyrom players will be dragged down with him giving Lith's an advandage of +15 points.

You seriously believe +10 for FYROM? Even if mccalebb scores 40 points, that won't happen. Lithuania is a seriously good team with some INCREDIBLE players in it's ranks. Even good old Saras is in great great shape in this tournament. He could win single handed the game if he wanted to.

The only way they could resist a bit, in my oppinion, is if their American star is on a great day (again).

That's my oppinion of course on what will likely happen. There are chances that anything could happen, but they are thin and slight.

Marin Dokuzovski:

We know exactly how to play against LTU and I am convince that our style is something LTU coach hates.

We are hungry we will play for semifinal and we are not ashamed. LTU will have to play the best match of the EC to beat us we are very motiveted all our players knows what needs to be done do beat LTU.

Our boys think that we can beat LTU with out a doubt.

Lets see.

End.

All the above are your coaches words? It sounds extremely arrogant and cocky, I am surprised he said all these things. So he believes more or less that you are the favorite! Because if he really believes that LTU needs to play their BEST match of the EC to beat you...

Somebody please tell him that such words are never part of a great team. And they sound even worse coming from a coach who counts 50% of his game on a foreigner...

scream2207
09-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Its funny how both sides are saying you have no chance or how it will be a shocker ets.. the ball is round both teams know how to play anyone can win, id say just say your preditcions and wait for the game to end before counting the opponent out.. sure lithuania has more experience and liek 80 years of basketball hsitory but, tommorow is a new day. also i also think that its kinda bs how so many teams have neutralized players etc but it is what it is, macedonia is not the first and will not be last to use a neutralized player.. am pretty sure lithuania or serbia etc will never need one like that.. sad taht spain has one tho with all that talent it just cracks me up :rolleyes:

also am kinda glad that a new underdog came out this year.. it will bring basketball into another countries and if we can get a new country perform well each tournament, we can make basketball more popular all over europe..

Perseus
09-14-2011, 06:17 AM
the refs will show us the winner ,but i finf it very difficult for them not to support LTU .

If FYROM was playing with Serbia i would bet my house on them.

Buzissa
09-14-2011, 08:24 AM
The basketball interest in FYROM has increased considerably due to this performance. So why should Macedonian basketball fans mind if Bo is from New Orleans and only knows eleven Macedonians? He is committed with the team and dives for loose balls like he was born in Skopje. Obviously the fans love him.
I am sure this naturalization turned out better than he expected. Besides the passport, his girlfriend is from there, he likes to play with the team and this performance certainly has drawn the attention of NBA scouts.
I know very well how it is to suck in basketball and even not agreeing with this kind of naturalization (way different than Holden's or McCarty's, imo), I don't think I would be worried if a guy that has no connection with Portugal led us to our best performance ever in the Eurobasket:o.

mrQQ
09-14-2011, 08:36 AM
This naturalization stuff is crap. NO-ONE should be allowed to play for the team unless he is born and raised there. I don't care about someone liking someone, someone trying for someone, it's not the country traditions that raised the guy, so he doesn't represent them. Otherwise, why stick with 1? let's have 12, will be great to watch.

Marty
09-14-2011, 08:45 AM
we are too experienced to loose this game.

lafa
09-14-2011, 08:53 AM
we are too experienced to loose this game.

loose game or tight game, I hope we are not going to lose.

xxax
09-14-2011, 08:56 AM
This is still an english only forum. In cases as these, at least provide a translation.
JPF

tmx
09-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Watch this: http://tv.delfi.lt/video/ULpmVgPD/
And the victory goes to..Lithuania ;) :) This crab was right all 8 times. Never missed. So i am calm now :D

BlackAdder
09-14-2011, 09:38 AM
The only good thing that might come out from our loss to Macedonia is, that at least we would be losing to a team representing country that is nuts about basketball :-) Would hate losing to a country where this result will go unnoticed by media and fans. Having said that, we in Lithuania are and have been nuts about basketball far longer...

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 11:07 AM
I just made little atmosphere before the match :D

The pure reality is that LTU is an huge favorite and our chances our almost 0%.

The tournament ended for Macedonia when Todor Gecevski broke his hand against Slovenia thats the reality. You can not play basketball with out at least one good center and with only one center in the team (and Predrag sucks).

We are completely different team without Gecevski.

Reality is that Macedonia should not even try to play basketball tonight with LTU, the match tomorrow is way to importent and if we try to play with LTU that will be suicide for tomorrow.

TomUSLty
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
This naturalization stuff is crap. NO-ONE should be allowed to play for the team unless he is born and raised there. I don't care about someone liking someone, someone trying for someone, it's not the country traditions that raised the guy, so he doesn't represent them. Otherwise, why stick with 1? let's have 12, will be great to watch.

I agree 100%.

But it seems hypocritical to me that people are pointing out Macedonia, when almost everyone is doing it. Just because they picked a guy that makes a big difference doesn't make them any less different than Croatia, Bosnia, Germany and so on.

They just have good scouts :)

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 11:22 AM
the refs will show us the winner ,but i finf it very difficult for them not to support LTU .

They will not even need too.

Listen i now my team way to good, this injury on Todor is an earthquake 10.0 for us.

We talk about 20 min per game, we talk about 10 P per game, we talk abouy 6 R per game. But alsmo we talk about something that is invisible in the statistics Todor blocks a lot of players in offensive which opens up space for Makaleb to do his things. Antic-Gecevski towers are way to importent for us.

You cant feel anything but sorry for our team, first we lose Gecevski in a very absurd one of a milion situation then we lose against Russia due to the most lucky 3 point buzzer table shoot i ever seen and than our team will play against Slovenia 14.30.

Feels like we deserved better.

Supply&Demand
09-14-2011, 11:39 AM

It is possible for Lithuanians and Macedonians to have been born overseas...

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Sop much talk about Macedonia that use only one noon Macedonian in the team just like 90% of all teams.

But no one mention Turkey. You have two players Preldzic and Ilyasova that has nothing to do with Turkey they are not Turks not even by blood.

And than you have 3 more players who are Turks by blood but are born and raised in former Yugoslavia and are products of YUGO basketball.

yessuz
09-14-2011, 11:46 AM
It is possible for Lithuanians and Macedonians to have been born overseas...

Of course. Bo is pure Macedonian. Just spent so much time in the sun... :D

nerkav
09-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Good luck for both teams - let the better and stronger wins. I'll cheer for Lithuania, but if we lose - I'll cheer for Macedonians till the end of the tournament. There is something in this team - the spark (Bo!..) merged with reliability and professional self-confidence (Antic, Ilievski) which really stands out of all the others.

AirBall
09-14-2011, 11:53 AM

Bo has never been in FYROM before they offered him citizenship... He didnt even know for that country...

Supply&Demand
09-14-2011, 11:54 AM

I'm not talking about Bo. I'm just saying that birthplace is irrelevant. You can be Lithuanian born in Macedonia or vice versa.

Vlatko.klp
09-14-2011, 11:56 AM
About 150 of the best Macedonian fans are coming soon in Kaunas! :)
14:10 16:30 FHY812 Skopje/Macedonia Expected arrival 16:30

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Robin dont take it like insult but damnnn you are soooo boring..First Macedonia is winning 100% then,ouch we have 0% chances without Gecevski..You can write what you want to write but please comment what it needs to be commented.

After all whoever team reaches the final stage needs to be respected and BOL to both teams.Expecting good fight from both teams..

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 12:05 PM

I love what our goverment did. Fixed a speciall charter :)

To bad that we got only 500 ticket from the host since above 10.000 wanted to travel. 350 already is on LTU and 150 will soon arrive.

15.000 vas 500 but we Macedonians can make some good noise :D

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Robin dont take it like insult but damnnn you are soooo boring..First Macedonia is winning 100% then,ouch we have 0% chances without Gecevski..You can write what you want to write but please comment what it needs to be commented.

After all whoever team reaches the final stage needs to be respected and BOL to both teams.Expecting good fight from both teams..

I am sorry and I will stay serious from now and on. My understanding is that Gecevski is too important for our team.

efap
09-14-2011, 12:18 PM
I have to say something...

Firstly I really happy that Macedonia went really far in this tournament. Basketball popularity in Macedonia increased immediately. Eurobasket becoming stronger and stronger every year.

Secondly sorry but I don't feel any respect for Macedonia. From one side yes naturalizating an american player is good to increase popularity of basketball in the country. On the other hand it sucks! It's not club basketball! There is some fans who don't care about nationality, they just want results for team they are cheering, those are which I can understand. But cmon... All that Macedonians euphoria, cheering for their team, all those fans who are in Lithuania now... It looks really patriotic for me. How can it be when you have non Macedonian in your team?
I will fell respect for Macedonia only when they will achieve something without naturalizated players.

Also sorry but Macedonia fans you don't understand about basketball almost nothing. Your team won few big games and a lot of Macedonians registered in this forum. You are flooding every topic about your team match that you going to win, despite the fact that you are completely underdogs. People don't do that! Please have a self-restrain and don't talk all the crap you are talking. Just say that you feel that it's possible to win for Macedonia, but it's will be hardest match in the tournament for you to win (I would respect comment like that).
You remind me some Turkish fans when a year or two ago when Turkish basketball did big step forward. Now they have one of the strongest basketball league in Europe, great fans... But they still need to prove that they could play their best when championship isn't in Turkey. (No offense Turkish fans, all you was in big euphoria and your comments was stupid. Now you are much smarter.)

About the game: tough match, hard victory for Lithuania.

xxax
09-14-2011, 12:19 PM
I'm not talking about Bo. I'm just saying that birthplace is irrelevant. You can be Lithuanian born in Macedonia or vice versa.

See here the problem arises... Is the Dragič brothers Serbian since their father is Serbian? Or as they Slovene since they were born and raised here? I mean almost everyone in the ex-YU has some family from somewhere else. So what about those people?

I don't mind naturalization to some degree. If someone from another country lives/lived a lot of his life there, if he has parents from there just... I'd just like some connection, maybe even similar cultures. I just hate it when someone who has no connection whatsoever with the country gets a passport and at 30 becomes a member of the NT.

The only reason i have a problem with this is, that it ruins the point of NATIONAL teams. I think we should just cancel the whole National team idea, since it mostly leads to nationalistic outbursts and just have team competition.

tmx
09-14-2011, 12:30 PM

It's nice to hear that. Macedonians are really colorfull and active fans;) Welcome to Kaunas! Weolcome to Lithuania! Tonight we'll have a good game ;) Hope we'll win but wish good luck to FYR of Macedonia too.

Kalashnikov
09-14-2011, 12:32 PM
This whole naturalisation conversation is irrelevant.

Player naturalisation is allowed. Period. These are the rules. Just as we have a 3sec. violation rule, we also have a rule that allows naturalised players.

FYROM applied this rule correctly and recruited a player that raised the level of their team... I say good for them.

The only counter-argument I can think of is why on earth would your country be giving a passport to a foreign citizen that has nothing to do with the country. Because, for every 1 McCalebb, there are 100 crooks getting your passport & the same rights as any other citizen of your country.

But as stated before, this is irrelevant to Basketball...

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Take your crap somwhere else. Pls.

Turkey have 2 noon Turkish players in the team, not 1 but 2 !!!!!!!! and also 3 others that are born and raised out side Turkey.

Seems to me this is more based if you like our nation or not.

OMG Macedonia with only 3.000 registered basketball players until last night ( I guess it will increase now) compared with Russia who has 300.000 registered basketball players, thinking of Holden.

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 12:41 PM
There are too much complaints about naturalization of Bo,mostly because he has been playing spectacular in this tournament,one of the best players of this championship also.Ok,I respect everybody who has his own opinion and etc as this is democracy but what if Macedonia had a naturalized player like for example Haynes from Georgia who is just an average player and also was substitution most of the time.I think that the story would be quite different and nobody would mind if Macedonia had Haynes..So my point is that people are jealous on some small country which have made superb success on EuroBasket.After all some bigger basketball nations have naturalized players and had in the past.

My opinion for this match is that biggest Lithuanian threat will be behind the arc as they have players who can shoot really well..Macedonia will play their game,slowing down the Lithuanians and playing full attack..Biggest Macedonian threat will be the point guard Bo.My opinion is that Kalnietis could not stop Bo,I think that Kalnietis is an average defender but awesome shooter and Jasikevicius is slow nowadays and can`t see him stopping Bo..They might try zone defending or with Jasaitis or Pocius..Will see though

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 12:43 PM
It is hit nowadays,good song :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV9c0pBH5dM

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 12:45 PM
It's nice to hear that. Macedonians are really colorfull and active fans;) Welcome to Kaunas! Weolcome to Lithuania! Tonight we'll have a good game ;) Hope we'll win but wish good luck to FYR of Macedonia too.

You would have won even with Gecevski in the team but now it will get even harder for us.

I respect the fact that LTU is a basketball crazy nation and as host yor fans deserve the gold medal. Your fans have been fantastic so far.

I hope one day that we can drink beer together watching our national teams fans from two basketball crazy nations, way not in London :). I will go to London if we make it. And since basketball now has become popular many fans will book tickets long before the torney starts.

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 12:49 PM
I respect the fact that LTU is a basketball crazy nation

The basketball is religion in Lithuania,enough said!:)

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Our coach Marin Dokuzovski will most likely join Zalgiris after the EC.

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 12:57 PM
I have been watching this clip maybe 2000 times since last night over and over and over again and it gives me goosebumps everytime.

:)

yessuz
09-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Our coach Marin Dokuzovski will most likely join Zalgiris after the EC.

your source? His position?

EpicFail
09-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Congratulations to Macedonians for their resoults in this EC so far,but Lithuania is a lot more then they can handle...I expect a trash-out 20+...Lithuania will start strong,and if they start shooting like against Serbia,i don't even wanna think how macedonias will get frustrated...sry,but i don't see the way how macedonia can bring down such a bball powerhouse as Liths,at their home and in such important game...

yessuz
09-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Congratulations to Macedonians for their resoults in this EC so far,but Lithuania is a lot more then they can handle...I expect a trash-out 20+...Lithuania will start strong,and if they start shooting like against Serbia,i don't even wanna think how macedonias will get frustrated...sry,but i don't see the way how macedonia can bring down such a bball powerhouse as Liths,at their home and in such important game...

From your mouth to God's ear

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 01:51 PM
His position?

Head coach of Macedonia and also KK Rabotnicki

Alvertis4
09-14-2011, 01:53 PM
It looks really patriotic for me. How can it be when you have non Macedonian in your team?

McCallebb is as much Macedonian as those "patriots" are ;)

Srle
09-14-2011, 01:53 PM
In span of 5 years there wont be any limit for naturalized players playing for certain national teams. T Powerful basketball federations like Spain are pushing for it . Than I will ask you again is that okay for you :rolleyes:

yessuz
09-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Head coach of Macedonia and also KK Rabotnicki

no, I mean his position in Zalgiris?
At the moment out HC is Illias Zouros - Greek NT coach.

Adekvatus
09-14-2011, 01:56 PM
hello people, im new here, and i registered after reading few pages of this thread, funny thing is , what people think, that lithuania will win only because refs and home crowd :D i dont want to look ofensive, but c'mon with all respect to the fyrom nt, dont you really see more reasons why lithuania could win against fyrom ? like better players , good coach, more experience in this level and etc ? is that noth enough to say that lithuania have much better chances ? i really respect team of macedonia and dont say, that liths wil win by 20 or 30, but thats realy funny (thats a quite soft word to say, cause i dont know something harder) when peope saying that stronger in all things team could win only because they play at home, or only because of refs , o and i remember the word thats supose to sound like ridiculous (sorry if i dont write it correct)

also i see somebody compare us with turkey, in the way like lithuania a also home team :D but dear people, turkey win medals only twice in 20 years they actualy reach semis only twice and both at home, while lithuania have medals quite often, in 92 olympic bronze, 95 eb silver, 96 olympic bronze, 2000 olympic bronze 2003 eb gold, 2007 eb bronze 2004 olympics reach semis, 2008 olympics reach semis 2010 world championshim won bronze, no one of these tournaments was play in lithuania , and did you really think that in all these we win only because refs or we have home advantage and fiba protection ? let see at things how they are.

Lithuania is stronger team and thats the main reason why we are favourites, no matter where tournament would have place
Lithuania more experienced team, have more high quality players

and yes !!!! surprise is ever possible specialy then it is only one game (we have some examples like 99 against spain, or 2004 against italia) these things sometimes hapen and i dont say, that today is no chanse for macedonia, but the favourite is very clear in this mach and macedonia win would be sensational

p.s thank you for you attention

Srle
09-14-2011, 01:56 PM

Thank You:)

Srle
09-14-2011, 01:58 PM

And you would have lost your wooden cabin:)

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 02:09 PM
no, I mean his position in Zalgiris?
At the moment out HC is Illias Zouros - Greek NT coach.

Dont know,first time hearing this information,we should wait for Robin to respond.

Hepcat
09-14-2011, 02:17 PM

I figure Lithuania can spot Macedonia one American import and still win.

;)

THAIMG
09-14-2011, 02:19 PM
hello people, im new here, and i registered after reading few pages of this thread, funny thing is , what people think, that lithuania will win only because refs and home crowd :D i dont want to look ofensive, but c'mon with all respect to the fyrom nt, dont you really see more reasons why lithuania could win against fyrom ? like better players , good coach, more experience in this level and etc ? is that noth enough to say that lithuania have much better chances ? i really respect team of macedonia and dont say, that liths wil win by 20 or 30, but thats realy funny (thats a quite soft word to say, cause i dont know something harder) when peope saying that stronger in all things team could win only because they play at home, or only because of refs , o and i remember the word thats supose to sound like ridiculous (sorry if i dont write it correct)

also i see somebody compare us with turkey, in the way like lithuania a also home team :D but dear people, turkey win medals only twice in 20 years they actualy reach semis only twice and both at home, while lithuania have medals quite often, in 92 olympic bronze, 95 eb silver, 96 olympic bronze, 2000 olympic bronze 2003 eb gold, 2007 eb bronze 2004 olympics reach semis, 2008 olympics reach semis 2010 world championshim won bronze, no one of these tournaments was play in lithuania , and did you really think that in all these we win only because refs or we have home advantage and fiba protection ? let see at things how they are.

Lithuania is stronger team and thats the main reason why we are favourites, no matter where tournament would have place

and yes !!!! surprise is ever possible specialy then it is only one game (we have some examples like 99 against spain, or 2004 against italia) these things sometimes hapen and i dont say, that today is no chanse for macedonia, but the favourite is very clear in this mach and macedonia win would be sensational

p.s thank you for you attention

I dont think the refs will help Lithuania. I dont think they want to either due to their fairness.I said in on another post and i'll said it again. If they find a way to break fyroms defence they will win. Key player = Saras

Hepcat
09-14-2011, 02:24 PM
It's more like "I'll never make the USA team.. Hellooo Greece". That's practically the case for most dual nationals, in most sports (football for example).

That's actually the way it is with all the Canadian hockey players on teams such as Italy, France, Great Britain, Germany, etc. These fellows would love to play for Canada, but they're not nearly good enough to make the team. So they play wherever they can, and then every once in a while they sting the Canadian team for which they would have loved to play. Beating the big time NHL players then becomes their proudest hockey moment.

;)

THAIMG
09-14-2011, 02:28 PM
That's actually the way it is with all the Canadian hockey players on teams such as Italy, France, Great Britain, Germany, etc. These fellows would love to play for canada, but they're not nearly good enough to make the team. So they play where they can, and then every once in a while they sting the Canadian team for which they would have loved to play. Beating the big time NHL players then becomes their proudest hockey moment.

;)

The diaspora players should play for their NT. Its totaly different from those who have no relation at all with their country.

Kalashnikov
09-14-2011, 02:34 PM
That's actually the way it is with all the Canadian hockey players on teams such as Italy, France, Great Britain, Germany, etc. These fellows would love to play for canada, but they're not nearly good enough to make the team. So they play where they can, and then every once in a while they sting the Canadian team for which they would have loved to play. Beating the big time NHL players then becomes their proudest hockey moment.

;)

maybe so...but come on, it's not like Kaman who woke up one nice morning and felt German...
Calathis, Koufos have been also in the junior Greek NT squads and had Greek parents. Not to mention that these are their real surnames (unlike Turkcan etc.).
I do not consider them naturalised in the same sense as McCalebb or Ibaka

nerkav
09-14-2011, 02:49 PM
maybe so...but come on, it's not like Kaman who woke up one nice morning and felt German...
Calathis, Koufos have been also in the junior Greek NT squads and had Greek parents. Not to mention that these are their real surnames (unlike Turkcan etc.).

good point - :) KAMAN felt german only when NOWITZKI was on the team too.. :) we'll see how real-german he is after the NOWITZKI era. Bet 100 percent he won't play for Mannschaft again too..

Hepcat
09-14-2011, 02:56 PM

That is correct. I agree.

:cool:

Jon_Koncak
09-14-2011, 03:02 PM

Calathes has a greek grandparent.His father doesn't speak greek,.his mother is of Irish heritage(that explains the name Pat of his older brother,not a common greek name is it?).I see no difference with Kamans case whatsoever.

Kalashnikov
09-14-2011, 03:10 PM
I see no difference with Kamans case whatsoever.

you imply that Kaman is a proud member of the German diaspora? (if such a thing exists...)

Jon_Koncak
09-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Να υποθέσουμε ότι η παρουσία τριών ακόμη Ελληνοαμερικανών στην ομάδα έπαιξε σημαντικό ρόλο...

«Σίγουρα, δεν το συζητάω... Οι αδελφοί Καλάθη και ο Κώστας ο Κουφός, είναι τα φιλαράκια μου και η παρουσία τους με κάνει να αισθάνομαι ότι δεν βρίσκομαι μακριά από την Αμερική... Όχι ότι έχω κάποιο πρόβλημα... Άλλωστε, την προηγούμενη χρονιά έπαιξα στο Περιστέρι και οι εμπειρίες που αποκόμισα από την πρώτη θητεία μου στην Ελλάδα, με βοήθησε πολύ να συνηθίσω στον τρόπο παιχνιδιού και το στυλ ζωής της πατρίδας των προγόνων μου.

that's an expert of a Bramos interview..

i'll translate

Question"I suppose the pressence of three greek americans in the team has helped you adjust
Answer "For sure,no question about it,Calather bros and Kosta Koufos are my buddies and their presence has made me feel like i'm not far from USA..not that i had any problem..Last season i played for Peristeri and the experience i gained helpem me getting accustomed to Greek leagues style of play and the lifestyle of my ancestors' homeland"

notice how he calls Greece his ancestors's homeland,not his own.These doesn't seem like the words of someone who feels more Greek than American

THAIMG
09-14-2011, 03:14 PM
you imply that Kaman is a proud member of the German diaspora? (if such a thing exists...)

lol... no it doesnt exist!

Jon_Koncak
09-14-2011, 03:16 PM
yes as opposed to Calathes,Koufos and Bramos that are so proud of their heritage that they don't speak a word of Greek.

THAIMG
09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
yes as opposed to Calathes,Koufos and Bramos that are so proud of their heritage that they don't speak a word of Greek.

yes they do.

thegreekmeister
09-14-2011, 04:05 PM

There was some fighting in that plane, police took 9 people after the landing :D

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Vladimir Micov will join the Macedonian national team after this EC.

Vladimir has experience with Buducnost, Partizan and Caja Laboral.

Streange that he all of a sudden shows interess to our basketball federation when Macedoni are uphill and Micov personaly littel bit down hill last year.

Vlatko.klp
09-14-2011, 04:21 PM
There was some fighting in that plane, police took 9 people after the landing :D
That's what happens when you put fan members from the most rivalry clubs in Macedonia in a same plane :D

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Horriable to put parts of the fan groups in same plan.

FAMILY AERODROM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZSxlyYiRKY

City Park Boys (look 16.30 to 18.00 on the clip)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3iaRrI6Egg

And this is normaly what happens (fights)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_FJXe0FPNo&feature=related

Our national team mamber Marin Dokuzovski got injured fans attack Marin (2.30 to 4.30)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qItJN6-2gw

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Fucking idiots :mad:

Supply&Demand
09-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Also sorry but Macedonia fans you don't understand about basketball almost nothing. Your team won few big games and a lot of Macedonians registered in this forum. You are flooding every topic about your team match that you going to win, despite the fact that you are completely underdogs. People don't do that! Please have a self-restrain and don't talk all the crap you are talking. Just say that you feel that it's possible to win for Macedonia, but it's will be hardest match in the tournament for you to win (I would respect comment like that).

There's only like 3 Macedonians actively posting in this thread.. It's not like we're inhibiting your daily forum experience.

And how come you think we know nothing about basketball?

Vlatko.klp
09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Go Macedonia! Best of luck!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPktyGBTlvM&feature=player_embedded

Buzissa
09-14-2011, 04:52 PM
This naturalization issue is all about the countries. FYROM has obviously less strict rules. Once they get the passport, there is nothing FIBA can do about it.

His great grandmother is German, Calathes' grandfather is Greek. Not much of a difference here.

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 04:58 PM
He his not a Greeks basketball product, I dont see the basic deferance.

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Stevan Stojkov might join too (has experiences with Bologna in EL)

Marko Kolaric (center plays in Turkey)
Tod Zafirovski (center belongs to Duke Basketball in USA)¨
Ivan Zoroski (experiences with Olympiakos)
Vladimir Micov (experiences with Partizan and Caja Laboral)

And Kiril Nikolovski our most talented center will recover after his injury late during the EC preperations. Gecevski will recover, Riste Stefanov former AEK,Lukoil,Besiktas and Union Olimpia player will also recover.

Most importent thing is to get to London. :cool:

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Give me the link for Micov..

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 05:09 PM
They mentioned it on macedonian sport radio kanal4 few H ago, will give a link as soon a faind it.

Vlatko.klp
09-14-2011, 05:10 PM
http://www.lrytas.lt/videonews/?id=13160173191315901008

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 05:11 PM
http://www.lrytas.lt/videonews/?id=13160173191315901008

Lool they have this gega mega big Macedonian flag. Will cover half of Zalgiris arena :D

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 05:12 PM

:eek::eek: can you provide me some link ? :D

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Macedoni will stand still tonight :D no cars on the streets -).

OMG I am so nervous I should not be since we have nothing to lose.

Good luck to both teams, great basketball festival with many great basketball fans on the stands.

Alvertis4
09-14-2011, 05:20 PM
34 points win for Lithuania

SunOverHStreet
09-14-2011, 05:21 PM
Vladimir has experience with Buducnost, Partizan and Caja Laboral.
He played for Panionios also, he's currently with Cantu.

Streange that he all of a sudden shows interess to our basketball federation when Macedoni are uphill and Micov personaly littel bit down hill last year.
Last season was one of the best in his career, and I believe that your NT needs him more than the other way around.

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Would be nice to see Vladimir Micov insteed of Darko Sokolov. At least Bo and Vlado will get some rest in the future :D:)

I mean he playd for better clubs in the past.

OMG it is very importent to make London since he finaly shows interest. We did show it for a longer period of time.

Gytaz
09-14-2011, 05:26 PM
The fact that it's a big deal in Macedonia makes this game even more exciting for me too. 35 minutes left!

turk-jugoslav
09-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Take your crap somwhere else. Pls.

Turkey have 2 noon Turkish players in the team, not 1 but 2 !!!!!!!! and also 3 others that are born and raised out side Turkey.

Seems to me this is more based if you like our nation or not.

OMG Macedonia with only 3.000 registered basketball players until last night ( I guess it will increase now) compared with Russia who has 300.000 registered basketball players, thinking of Holden.

Tell me who are they? Turkey only has Emir Preldzic who is born abroad.Semih Erden,Hidayet Türkoğlu and Ömer Aşık has Bosnian-Serbian ancestry but born and raised in Turkey.
I hope Macedonia will win but imposible:D Lithuania wins +15
Edit:I forgot to add Enes Kanter... He is born in Switzerland but He and his family came back to Turkey in 1994 or 1995... He just lived in Switzerland for 2 years and It doesn't make him ''non-Turkish''...

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 05:34 PM
26 min :)

OMG. The arena is full allready.

If LTU take a 15 P lead at HT we should skip this one and save energy for tomorrow.

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-14-2011, 05:37 PM
26 min :)

OMG. The arena is full allready.

If LTU take a 15 P lead at HT we should skip this one and save energy for tomorrow.

Nah man, that's pussy shit
As long as you've got even just a theoretical chance, go for it

SunOverHStreet
09-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Tell me who are they? Turkey only has Emir Preldzic who is born abroad.Semih Erden,Hidayet Türkoğlu and Ömer Aşık has Bosnian-Serbian ancestry but born and raised in Turkey.
I hope Macedonia will win but imposible:D Lithuania wins +15
Ersan Ilyasova. Someone's acting stupid...

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 05:38 PM

Mirsad Turkcan ...

Supply&Demand
09-14-2011, 05:40 PM
I'm heading off to the city center to watch this on the big screen... cya all

SunOverHStreet
09-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Mirsad Turkcan ...
He's not with their NT. And actually, it's Mirsad Jahović.

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Nah man, that's pussy shit
As long as you've got even just a theoretical chance, go for it

No man London is onece in a life time chance even for beter teams than Macedonia.

It will be hard as it allready is with out Gecevski.

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Appearantly they prefer playing for us

Lithuania will win this, although an upset is always nice for the neutral fan

scream2207
09-14-2011, 05:43 PM
sucks i have to work during this match, but i hope i can take a peak once in a while.. good luck and hope for exciting game :D

Robimkd
I hae nothing against our brother nation Turkey, but i needed to take this as an example since everybady cry on this topic.

MacedonianLion
pity Todor Gecevski won't play, he is our best and most experienced center. I don't have faith in young Samardziski. With Gecevski Macedonia would be much more dangerous then it is... Anyway... GO MACEDONIA!

Robimkd
09-14-2011, 05:45 PM
sucks i have to work during this match, but i hope i can take a peak once in a while.. good luck and hope for exciting game :D

All factorys are closed in Macedonia due to this match :D.

Ok i will go to my plasman TV now, see you at HT.

Good luck.

turk-jugoslav
09-14-2011, 05:46 PM

Yes, He learned to play basketball in Turkey like Mirsad Türkcan(Jahovic).He was 15 when he came to Turkey.His situation is completely different from Emir Preldzic... We have Kenan Sipahi(Kosovo),Burak Hacıismail(Kosovo),Erris Nushi(Kosovo),Cedi Osman(Macedonia),Kristijan Nikolov(Macedonia),Dusan Cantekin(Serbia) from young generation who have similar situation with Ersan Ilyasova(Arsen Ilyasov).Emir was raised by Slovenia and He is not product of our basketball but others are different

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-14-2011, 05:47 PM
No man London is onece in a life time chance even for beter teams than Macedonia.

It will be hard as it allready is with out Gecevski.

If y'all could give Lithuania a hard time and almost win, morale goes a long way too, morale > fatigue

Spirit and heart beats fatigue

You could always have a player injured, but that could happen in the training too

Although I perfectly understand where you're coming from and your way is the more rational one

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 05:47 PM
He's not with their NT. And actually, it's Mirsad Jahović.

Yeah I know,but he said also for Semih Erden who is not in the squad too so I just added it to the list.

turk-jugoslav
09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
I hae nothing against our brother nation Turkey, but i needed to take this as an example since everybady cry on this topic.

My grandmother's mother was born in Dojran-Macedonia and I will support Macedonia against Lithuania:) best wishes from Turkey to brother Macedonia...

WirelessBrain
09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Spirit and heart beats fatigue

Very true.

LET`S GET READY TO RUMBLE!Impressions after first half :D

UMUT_FB_LAL
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Like borders and nations have been the same ever since this earth was created, 99,99% of the people aren't from where they live now

Grow up, we're all just people who go to the bathroom

Now that's signature material right there and an important life lesson

Now shut up and enjoy the game

SunOverHStreet
09-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Yes, He learned to play basketball in Turkey like Mirsad Türkcan(Jahovic).He was 15 when he came to Turkey.His situation is completely different from Emir Preldzic... We have Kenan Sipahi(Kosovo),Burak Hacıismail(Kosovo),Erris Nushi(Kosovo),Cedi Osman(Macedonia),Kristijan Nikolov(Macedonia),Dusan Cantekin(Serbia) from young generation who have similar situation with Ersan Ilyasova(Arsen Ilyasov).Emir was raised by Slovenia and He is not product of our basketball but others are different
Mirsad and Ersan didn't learn to play basketball in Turkey as you refer. It's bullshit. Just like Dušan Gavrilović didn't either...

scream2207
09-14-2011, 05:59 PM
All factorys are closed in Macedonia due to this match :D.

Ok i will go to my plasman TV now, see you at HT.

Good luck.

wow thats nice to hear, am sure in Lithuania nobody is working ether since its 9pm.. am not so lucky however its 1pm here :mad:

rikhardur
09-14-2011, 06:02 PM
It's going to be Lamonica show :rolleyes:

mackkoolit
09-14-2011, 06:05 PM
guys do u have any links for this game? thanks so much!

Mindozas
09-14-2011, 06:10 PM

Look here http://www.lshunter.tv/basketball-live-streaming-video.html

madmax
09-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Lamonica is once again refereeing for us...:rolleyes:

THAIMG
09-14-2011, 06:11 PM

http://www.totalsportsmadness.com/2011/08/26/eurobasket-2011-live-stream-online/

THAIMG
09-14-2011, 06:12 PM
great ball control by the Lith's. I'm impressed. Perfect blockouts and good drives.

mackkoolit
09-14-2011, 06:13 PM
http://www.totalsportsmadness.com/2011/08/26/eurobasket-2011-live-stream-online/

for some reason, the links are not working on my end. darn! thanks guys!

madmax
09-14-2011, 06:13 PM
2 quick bullshit fouls on Jonas...NID

Grinder
09-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Foul trouble is going to kill Macedonia. They're thin up front to begin with and Gechevski is already out, and now Samardziski has 2. Chekovski's simply not a player good enough for this level.

Might as well give Lithuania the win now.

mayteromanl
09-14-2011, 06:19 PM
GO MACEDONIA!!!

I always like watching Lith NT winning (except when they play against Spain :D) but tonite I go with this Macedonia ;)

scream2207
09-14-2011, 06:21 PM
wow reffing is absolutly terrible so far... they gave bunch of retarded fouls on lithuania and that treid to make up by giving some dumb fouls on macedonia... its sad to see refs interfering with beautiful game so much:mad:

AirBall
09-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Ksistof is great player when he is not playing for national team...

Grinder
09-14-2011, 06:32 PM
3 fouls on Antic and 2 on Samardziski. No Gechevski. Macedonia not hitting their 3s. No chance for Macedonia.

hustlerlt
09-14-2011, 06:42 PM
Our rebounding is just awful today.

AQo
09-14-2011, 06:46 PM
FYROM have more Orebs than Drebs :rolleyes:

Darknemo2000
That was very obvious half-court violation for Macedonia. But refs are pretty terrible tonight.

Still its not an excuse for our awful rebounding.

Sakkreth
3 fouls on Antic and 2 on Samardziski. No Gechevski. Macedonia not hitting their 3s. No chance for Macedonia.

Look who's there :D

Lithuania isn't hitting their threes at all, 1/9 doesn't look fine for best shooting team in the tournament.

Gytaz
09-14-2011, 06:50 PM
In one of first few pages on this thread someone wrote that every team seems to have a bad day against Macedonia. Well, it seems it's not a good day for us too (rebounding and 3 pointers). :) Macedonians must do something right.

Sakkreth
09-14-2011, 06:51 PM
In one of first few pages on this thread someone wrote that every team seems to have a bad day against Macedonia. Well, it seems it's not a good day for us too (rebounding and 3 pointers.. :) Macedonians must do something right.

Might have something to do with Ilievski look, his face is scary :D

pablonis
09-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Absolutely terrible display of basketball so far from Lithuania. Why the fuck are they slowing the game down on purpose?!?!? Drive to the basket, foul them the hell out!

I'm seriously pissed off right now...

AQo
09-14-2011, 07:07 PM
So much for getting favoured by the refs :o

Terrorizer
09-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Wow, Macedonians put up an incredible fight. This team plays by the heart and it's a thing clearly missed in today's pro bball. Да живее МАКЕДОНИЈА!

Hepcat
09-14-2011, 07:14 PM
What's with all this travelling by Jonas Valančiūnas? Is he trying too hard?

:confused:

Picek
09-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Lamonica refing in a game with home team..
there can be only one outcome of that game.. :rolleyes:

madmax
09-14-2011, 07:17 PM
What's with all this travelling by Jonas Valančiūnas? Is he trying too hard?

:confused:

it's called "Lamonica" factor:rolleyes:

Cojayar
09-14-2011, 07:17 PM
I am sorry to say, but Lithuania barely deserves to be in the semifinals. Playing like this can not beat Spain, France or Russia. And probably not even FYROM.

Picek
09-14-2011, 07:26 PM
hats of to Macedonia..
smart and full of heart..

Grandtotal
09-14-2011, 07:26 PM
I am sorry to say, but Lithuania barely deserves to be in the semifinals. Playing like this can not beat Spain, France or Russia. And probably not even FYROM.

Or FYROM deserves a credit.

Victorious
09-14-2011, 07:27 PM
And they thought that the teams on the other side were weak. :)

Picek
09-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Makedonijaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa

gockun
09-14-2011, 07:40 PM
McCaleb.. what a player :))

Grandtotal
:eek::):confused::mad:

AQo
We don't deserve the semifinal

Grandtotal
09-14-2011, 07:41 PM
We don't deserve the semifinal

No, we deserve, but Macedonia deserves even more.

madmax
09-14-2011, 07:42 PM
where are Kemzura fanboys now?:rolleyes:

Picek
09-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Makedonijaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LTbotd
Respetc for macedonia!

Cojayar
Game over. FYROM see you on the semifinal.

CG
Amazing
Congratulations really:D

xxax
Ahaahahahahahahahahahah

hustlerlt
09-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Songaila gave away the game to Macedonia.

Grandtotal
09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Sigh...

christodoulou76
09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
congratulations to FYROM. What a game!

elaj
09-14-2011, 07:46 PM
fHBpuyLWb6I

Darknemo2000
Congratulations for makedonia. They deserved to win. They played with heart. Differently from our crap performance. So many stupid decisions.

Picek
I don't think this arena is so quiet even when it is empty :D:D

buzz
congrats to FYROM..what a game

vlatko175
psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

AmonRA
well done brothers!!