PDA

View Full Version : Day 2, Group B: Chinese Taipei 81-71 Uzbekistan; Iran 40-4 Qatar

sinobball
09-12-2011, 05:29 PM
* All time local (UTC/GMT +8)

Chinese Taipei 81-71 Uzbekistan 11AM Wuhan Stadium
Box: http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/GPDF012011915213712.PDF
TPE: "Jet" Chang Tsung-Hsien 15p, James Chia-En Mao 13p
UZB: Gennadiy Zinovev 17p, Vyacheslav Belokurov 12p

Iran 40-4 Qatar 6PM Wuhan Stadium
*** Qatar loses by default after 4 players fouled out within 5 minutes ***
Box: http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/GPDF0120119164110.PDF
IRI: Hamed Afagh 10p
QAT: Abduallah Shaher Matalkeh 3p

all_about
09-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Chinese Taipei takes the win over Uzbekistan.

Iran will stamp its class over Qatar.

sinobball
09-15-2011, 01:07 PM
[you won't see this info on FIBA's official site] Qatar coach Ali Fakhroo said in the press conference they will continue to hack all opponents on every possession to protest FIBA's decision that ruled out 5 of their players, including Ngombo.

Just a heads up for Iran and Chinese Taipei. Play safe, don't get into a fight. At least China won't be facing them in the tournament.

interxavierxxx
09-15-2011, 01:18 PM
[you won't see this info on FIBA's official site] Qatar coach Ali Fakhroo said in the press conference they will continue to hack all opponents on every possession to protest FIBA's decision that ruled out 5 of their players, including Ngombo.

Just a heads up for Iran and Chinese Taipei. Play safe, don't get into a fight. At least China won't be facing them in the tournament.

It doesn't matter. FIBA will continue to ignore them and they'll eventually be out of the tournament. I guess Matic gets the last laugh after all. :D

Mojado
09-15-2011, 01:24 PM

I wish the journalists attending would be asking him why FIBA is not allowing them to play and what does he know about the nationalities of his players...
;)

budz17
09-15-2011, 01:28 PM
well, in the future, they should do these eligibility checks maybe 2 to 3 days before start of competitions.

they can say all they want is to clean up basketball, but what they did here was really malicious, they did it hours before competition. even a 10 year old will say its not fair

apiSigbinz
09-15-2011, 02:00 PM
with Qatar out of the tournament, Chinese Taipei, China and the Uzbeks should go on with the 2nd round..

Dinamita
09-15-2011, 06:30 PM
http://news.ph.msn.com/sports/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5275465

The four players committed five personal fouls each within the first six minutes of the match, prompting referees to disqualify them and hand Uzbekistan a 27-12 win.

According to match rules, referees must halt play if one team cannot field at least two players.

Qatari coach Ali Fakhroo said the fouls were committed in protest of an International Basketball Federation (FIBA) ruling making five of the team's 11 players ineligible for the championships due to their dual nationality, Xinhua news agency said.

Fakhroo said his team would protest in the same way during its Friday match against Iran.

mavrick_h
09-15-2011, 06:38 PM
ok they are free to do what they want ...

one important question i've noticed on fibaasia.net wuhan page the standings of Group B.

Uzbekistan have only one point.

in this case the referees suspended the game.And if it happens again like Qatar team are promising the media, this will definitely affect the participants in the second round since the winner by three games will have a maximum of 5 points.

can someone clear this out ?

tmlouk
09-15-2011, 08:01 PM
Can someone pls explain in a few words what happened and will Qatar lay tomorrow with full squad (if they play)?

Khalid80
09-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Can someone pls explain in a few words what happened and will Qatar lay tomorrow with full squad (if they play)?

Coach of Qatar decided to throw the game away after finding out that the players below were banned from playing with the Qatari NT...
The eligible players basically all fouled out on purpose as a sign of objection to this.

Qatar: Ngombo (Congo), Ndiaye and Ndour (Senegal), Mohamed and El Hadary (Egypt)

Qatar's coach said this strategy will continue for the rest of the tournament

tmlouk
09-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Coach of Qatar decided to throw the game away after finding out that the players below were banned from playing with the Qatari NT...
The eligible players basically all fouled out on purpose as a sign of objection to this.

Qatar: Ngombo (Congo), Ndiaye and Ndour (Senegal), Mohamed and El Hadary (Egypt)

thanks

bballer2010
09-15-2011, 09:26 PM
i've got some news that not everyone will want to hear and thatds Qatar is hopeful they will have their full line up against Iran in tonights game

zik013
09-15-2011, 09:54 PM
i've got some news that not everyone will want to hear and thatds Qatar is hopeful they will have their full line up against Iran in tonights game

i would not be that surprised :)
how big are the chances of that happening?

JGX
09-16-2011, 03:35 AM
Uzbekistan not getting to the line as much as they did yesterday.

karim
09-16-2011, 03:43 AM

What a good strategy but its probably the best qatar can do without its imports :) They should have changed the names of ngombo and ndiaye like they have been doing the last 8 years with the others . I think now they got too spoiled that they dont think they have to change player's names without anyone complaining . I guess we wont see qatar in asian championships to come cuz if they played with their locals they are really bad even worse than bahrain and KSA ... and why did uzbekistan get only 1 point and they put qatar ahead in the standings this way qatar can do this all the first round and affect the teams going to the 2nd round with fewer points than they should its kind of lame from asia

Servinio
09-16-2011, 04:24 AM
If fouling left and right in protest will be Qatar's game plan, then the opposition should counter by resorting to long passes and four-cornered plays while running down the shot clock and taking a shot at the five-second mark or later. They must avoid getting in contact with the Qatar players -- that should at least save the game from turning into a farce.

Bobbyd
09-16-2011, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE=mavrick_h;641650]ok they are free to do what they want ...

one important question i've noticed on fibaasia.net wuhan page the standings of Group B.

Uzbekistan have only one point.

I noticed that yesterday too and thought it was very strange. It has been corrected today though and Uzbekistan has 2 points.

donno
09-16-2011, 04:35 AM
i wonder if these actions by Qatar will incur them a harsh punishment, maybe a ban, from joining future FIBA-sanctioned competitions.

this year's tournament is slowly turning into a mess and i hope it will not result to a massive pullout from other participating teams.

b3lowzro
09-16-2011, 04:58 AM
one of the scribes tweeted yesterday day that this guy is half-filipino

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00kYfTh3hh2U7/x350.jpg

@joey55villar: Qatar's No. 9 player is half Filipino. Met him in Jones Cup and he greeted me "Musta kabayan"

behzadir
09-16-2011, 05:54 AM

I'm hoping for this to happen. Please we need a true competition ahead of us if we are going to make progress in the coming days. How much is this news true?

usausa
09-16-2011, 06:05 AM

Link to confirm sino's report:
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/Sports/Basketball/2011/Sep-15/148845-qatar-fouls-itself-out-in-fiba-protest.ashx#axzz1Y5oToWpy

CKR13
09-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Finished watching some highlights of the game. Chinese Taipei in fidelity with the uptempo instance of their head coach.

Their scoring is up.

Mojado
09-16-2011, 06:23 AM

Post of the year!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

tmlouk
09-16-2011, 06:24 AM

How can they play with full squad, if Players like Ngombo are not allowed to play?

Mojado
09-16-2011, 06:30 AM
How can they play with full squad, if Players like Ngombo are not allowed to play?

He indicates, that they will be allowed to play after all. Maybe FIBA Asia's president personally intervened...or they finally "found" all papers in their basement to proof that the banned players are really Qatari :D

interxavierxxx
09-16-2011, 09:20 AM
So is Qatar playing or not?

lebanese phoenix
09-16-2011, 09:30 AM

we're about to find out very soon;)
just i hope they wont play with their sanctioned players bcs that wouldnt be fair to the philipines:(
I hate it when Qataris get their way via corruption and green paper

Buran
09-16-2011, 09:30 AM

I don't see more than 6-7 players warming up for Qatar, so I guess they will continue protesting

interxavierxxx
09-16-2011, 09:32 AM
we're about to find out very soon;)
just i hope they wont play with their sanctioned players bcs that wouldnt be fair to the philipines:(
I hate it when Qataris get their way via corruption and green paper

If they continue to play them, I think we will see a heavy penalty being imposed upon them. FIBA is slowly making their reputation as someone not to be messed with.

lebanese phoenix
09-16-2011, 09:35 AM
I don't see more than 6-7 players warming up for Qatar, so I guess they will continue protesting

Well goodluck not getting injured by their fouls:p
anyways, if i were an iranian i'd wish that the Qataris play, bcs at the moment Iran needs to play more and more games to reach their full potential if they are to aim for the title.

lebanese phoenix
09-16-2011, 09:39 AM
If they continue to play them, I think we will see a heavy penalty being imposed upon them. FIBA is slowly making their reputation as someone not to be messed with.

do you think they care about penalty if they didint let them use their imports?
So for them it's a live or die situation, either they play with imports or they dont play at all.
the thing is that Qatar has a very small population (200 000), so it's very hard for them to form a competitive team that's why they rely on buying players to compete,so it's either that or they dont compete

interxavierxxx
09-16-2011, 09:43 AM
So for them it's a live or die situation, either they play with imports or they dont play at all.
the thing is that Qatar has a very small population (200 000), so it's very hard for them to form a competitive team that's why they rely on buying players to compete,so it's either that or they dont compete

I was talking, of course, about a possible suspension from FIBA.

Buran
09-16-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm hoping for this to happen. Please we need a true competition ahead of us if we are going to make progress in the coming days. How much is this news true?
I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like the Qataris might not play, it's unfortunate that they will go to the second round with the Uzbekistan game (I don't know if that first game against CT really counts :) )

Well goodluck not getting injured by their fouls:p
anyways, if i were an iranian i'd wish that the Qataris play, bcs at the moment Iran needs to play more and more games to reach their full potential if they are to aim for the title.

:) I didn't see Qatar's first game, but I assume (hope) that their not doing any hard fouls, they probably just grab or hold on to the opponent,

lebanese phoenix
09-16-2011, 10:05 AM
It looks like it's gona be a very good free throw shooting drill for the iranian team:p

jrb0yd
09-16-2011, 10:05 AM
qatar's fouling again... another default coming...

greenarcher
09-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Philippines should have been grouped with Qatar so they will have a free day. :D

Silent Killer
09-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Philippines should have been grouped with Qatar so they will have a free day. :D

Lolz :p

each way
09-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Another farce. Just kick the Qataris out of the tournament after today

tmlouk
09-16-2011, 10:19 AM
What are they doing ( i can see the game) - fouling?

greenarcher
09-16-2011, 10:21 AM
It's now 2 vs 5. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I never knew you don't stop the game even with only 4 players. They wait until only 1 player is left. LOL.

tmlouk
09-16-2011, 10:24 AM
I`ve seen it .. it was like 5x2 Wotld cuo

behzadir
09-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Not only are these retards cheaters, they are hopeless losers too.

Shame on their whole basketball program and federation.

OSHAFA
09-16-2011, 10:26 AM
What Qatar is Doing is a Big Shame for Basketball and Sportmanship in general !
wish that FIBA had a Law that punishes similar acts but it does not :(

ricodgame
09-16-2011, 10:26 AM

And locals here in qatar loves football. :)

LamowkTepowk
09-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Ooooopppsss they did it again! la la la la

each way
09-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Game is over, similar to yesterday cut short.

ricodgame
09-16-2011, 10:30 AM

actually alot of people (locals/indian/arabic) can speak tagalog.

You will see in a Filipino Souq here, Indians selling prepaid cards(smart/globe).
"gusto mo roaming kabayan?"

Silent Killer
09-16-2011, 10:43 AM
You beginning to like this Hagop? huh? you ruin a good tournament. :mad: and FIBA-ASIA, do you like this to happen, huh? Wake up!!!

interxavierxxx
09-16-2011, 11:13 AM
You beginning to like this Hagop? huh? you ruin a good tournament. :mad: and FIBA-ASIA, do you like this to happen, huh? Wake up!!!

In fairness to FIBA Asia, they are simply doing their job and that is to prevent excessive cheating in the tournament. As sticky the situation becomes, I'm happy of this development because it will eventually spell out the true liars.

behzadir
09-16-2011, 11:31 AM
In fairness to FIBA Asia, they are simply doing their job and that is to prevent excessive cheating in the tournament. As sticky the situation becomes, I'm happy of this development because it will eventually spell out the true liars.

Exactly.

Let them do it for once. Atleast we can see clean basketball in the future.

macan77
09-16-2011, 11:34 AM
changes maybe harsh but if its for the better, bring it on..

JGX
09-16-2011, 01:50 PM
In hindsight Uzbekistan must have been pretty bad to only win 27-12.

I think Qatar should start playing for real once they're down to three players. Drag it out as long as possible.

mavrick_h
09-16-2011, 04:08 PM
What Qatar is Doing is a Big Shame for Basketball and Sportmanship in general !
wish that FIBA had a Law that punishes similar acts but it does not :(

this is exactly what they are doing to not get punished :)

Silent Killer
09-16-2011, 05:14 PM

I understand. Qatar must stop what they doing. Compare their seniors team to youth team, you see the difference.

Karma hit qatar this time. We hit ours before and it's painful.

Jedda
09-17-2011, 10:29 PM
The whole Qatar-Iran "game" is up on Youtube now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyX1PaBHEd4