KOR: Yang Donggeun 20p 7a, Jarod "TJ Moon" Stevenson 18p
LIB: Ghaled Reda 20p, Rodrigue Akl 15p

Malaysia 71-67 India 6pm Hongshan Stadium
Box: http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/GPDF0120119165125.PDF
MAS: Ooi Ban Sin 20p, Guganeswaran Batumalai 14p 7r 6a
IND: Jagdeep Singh 25p 11r, Amjyot Singh 13p 12r

mavrick_h
09-12-2011, 11:15 PM
meeting Korea on Day 2 is a tough one. It would have been a fierce match-up if the game was on Day 3.

Anyway i think Korea has a slight advantage 52-48 % over Lebanon.

But i'm counting on the heart of our boys for a big fight.

all_about
09-13-2011, 12:42 AM
The South Korea - Lebanon match is interesting. It could be anybody's ballgame. Hard to choose but in the end I got to choose one team and that is South Korea over Lebanon.

India vs Malaysia - These 2 teams are upstars in the Asia Championships. Either team is capable of beating the other but since I have to choose one I'd pick India winning over Malaysia.

eliooo93
09-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Lebanon 77-75 South Korea
India 72-66 Malaysia.

leb-basket
09-13-2011, 09:59 AM
as much as i hope we win but i see a koren first strike due to our injuries and lack of preparation. However we will strike back in the upcoming rounds.

SmartGilasFan
09-13-2011, 11:26 AM
I've got a funny feeling that korea will be the champs this year.

tonysaade
09-13-2011, 11:59 AM
I've got a funny feeling that korea will be the champs this year.

You said it FUNNY!!! :)
Good luck for your Philipina's NT team ...

gazara
09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Hard Game for Both Teams ,Hope we will win that game but no one will know who will win but the Korea have a slight advantage on us ,but im sure that Our Players will fight !!

Our Main Keys in this Game will be :

Ghaleb Rida (192-SG)
GR Mission:Scoring as he s an experienced player ,Very Good Deffence considered to be the best deffensive player in Lebanon very Agressive ,can play the Role of a leader ,can shoot very well from everywhere !

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/76405_170346639660222_100000546624474_485011_52804 24_n.jpg

Jean Abdel Nour (199-SF)
ABN Mission :to be the Leader ,scoring since he s the best scorer in the team now, show his maturity on the court as usual ,fight on every ball (doing eveything on the court as usual ,being JAN ),fight on deffence

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299455_255067967847311_100000323308233_875249_7707 919_n.jpg

Mohammad Ibrahim (196-PG)
MI Mission:Since he s a tall PG ,he wil have big Miss match against Korean and for sure he will dominate them on Deffence and offence ,+ we need he s very good Vision on the court and also we need his shooting who killed a lot of teams before

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/189243_1460105641417_1796724428_849609_81440_n.jpg

as we see that our Starting 5 are very good Deffensive player ,like Ghaleb a very good fighter and abdel Nour also and Kannaan and Hoskin ...

lebanese phoenix
09-13-2011, 12:31 PM
----------

Man,seriously you're the funniest guy i met on this forum,you think all this world is a conspiracy theory and everything happens for a reason, you watch way too much science fiction movies dude,lighten up;)
Fac was picked in the first place but he refused after he saw the huge list of absentees and the limited budget,sarkis was the only man brave enough to step up,so give him some credit for God's sake.
And so far with sarkis we had awesome results;)
so if you could just wait till the championship is over and then start bashing,it would be very much appreciated, but pls for the moment spare us your funny comments

Bury Please
09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Man,seriously you're the funniest guy i met on this forum,you think all this world is a conspiracy theory and everything happens for a reason, you watch way too much science fiction movies dude,lighten up;)
Fac was picked in the first place but he refused after he saw the huge list of absentees and the limited budget,sarkis was the only man brave enough to step up,so give him some credit for God's sake.
And so far with sarkis we had awesome results;)
so if you could just wait till the championship is over and then start bashing,it would be very much appreciated, but pls for the moment spare us your funny comments

They are my initial thoughts. I am seeing things before happening.It doesnt require a genious.

ghassan is going to fail.he thinks he is einstein, his tactics are horrible.

mavrick_h
09-13-2011, 03:46 PM
They are my initial thoughts. I am seeing things before happening.It doesnt require a genious.

ghassan is going to fail.he thinks he is einstein, his tactics are horrible.

tactics horrible ha ?

where were you when he grabbed two straight b2b Asian Club Championships a decade ago ?

gazara
09-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Ghassan in an Interview said that we will win against Korea in the Groups Stage and he s preparing very well for this Game and in my opinion our Players can do it ,all of them are talented ,from Rod to Migu to Ibrahim ,to Ghaleb-Jean-Stephan-Kanaan-Bawji-Tabet-Hoskin ,we have very good players ,we will do it hope that ,it will help us a lot in the next games if we top the Group !

macan77
09-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Ghassan in an Interview said that we will win against Korea in the Groups Stage and he s preparing very well for this Game and in my opinion our Players can do it ,all of them are talented ,from Rod to Migu to Ibrahim ,to Ghaleb-Jean-Stephan-Kanaan-Bawji-Tabet-Hoskin ,we have very good players ,we will do it hope that ,it will help us a lot in the next games if we top the Group !

this game would be a good one, but i think korea would emerge the winner by a strong 3rd quarter..Lebanon will win this one if their inside game will going to start strong, then their shooters would be left open..however, if the big guys of korean will be able to withstand the biggies of lebanon, then that's it for lebanon coz in the wings, korean has a very fast players to cover all your shooters..

lebanese phoenix
09-14-2011, 08:21 AM
this game would be a good one, but i think korea would emerge the winner by a strong 3rd quarter..Lebanon will win this one if their inside game will going to start strong, then their shooters would be left open..however, if the big guys of korean will be able to withstand the biggies of lebanon, then that's it for lebanon coz in the wings, korean has a very fast players to cover all your shooters..

i have a feeling that korea's big men will have the worst time of their lives playing against us, specially that lame excuse for a basketball panda Ha:p
with the fast tempo we'll be playing and our fast breaks he'll barely make it through the 1st quarter,coach ghassan knows that Ha is useless on offense and okay on defense if he's in place for this reason he'll adapt a fast tempo limiting Ha's effectiveness (he needs a minute to run the court:p).
on defense our team can again limit the big Ha with the full court press and pressuring the undersized korean PG,
bottom line,if we can adapt a fast tempo limiting the korean's slow inside game,and pressure their PG and control the tempo the game will be in our hands

macan77
09-14-2011, 09:21 AM
i have a feeling that korea's big men will have the worst time of their lives playing against us, specially that lame excuse for a basketball panda Ha:p
with the fast tempo we'll be playing and our fast breaks he'll barely make it through the 1st quarter,coach ghassan knows that Ha is useless on offense and okay on defense if he's in place for this reason he'll adapt a fast tempo limiting Ha's effectiveness (he needs a minute to run the court:p).
on defense our team can again limit the big Ha with the full court press and pressuring the undersized korean PG,
bottom line,if we can adapt a fast tempo limiting the korean's slow inside game,and pressure their PG and control the tempo the game will be in our hands

are you sure you were watching the korean game? koreans slow? where did you get that idea? beside Ha is not their star player..if you are concentrating on Ha, then it would be a short nite for your team..anyway, i know your coach knows the weakness of koreans and its not only Ha..koreans can bench Ha and still could win the game against you..that's how useless Ha could be sometime..and please don't tell me that you need to up the tempo of the game to beat the koreans..coz you would be playing their game..you need to slow the game and throw the ball inside to make their power forwards play hard defense and in foul trouble..coz its their power forwards who are good and could shoot the threes..

lebanese phoenix
09-14-2011, 09:46 AM
are you sure you were watching the korean game? koreans slow? where did you get that idea? beside Ha is not their star player..if you are concentrating on Ha, then it would be a short nite for your team..anyway, i know your coach knows the weakness of koreans and its not only Ha..koreans can bench Ha and still could win the game against you..that's how useless Ha could be sometime..and please don't tell me that you need to up the tempo of the game to beat the koreans..coz you would be playing their game..you need to slow the game and throw the ball inside to make their power forwards play hard defense and in foul trouble..coz its their power forwards who are good and could shoot the threes..

i said speeding up the tempo to limit their inside game and Ha;)
plus,i've seen their starting Pg,he's undersized and less than impressive,if we shut them down,and Ha (the only pure center), the game will be in our hands.
Position 1 and 5 are the most sensitive positions and once those are handled the game is in hand

ASB
09-14-2011, 09:56 AM
i said speeding up the tempo to limit their inside game and Ha;)
plus,i've seen their starting Pg,he's undersized and less than impressive,if we shut them down,and Ha (the only pure center), the game will be in our hands.
Position 1 and 5 are the most sensitive positions and once those are handled the game is in hand

i think you are not listening to macan. you are correct that you have advantage in height in point guard but that's it. korean PG up to the PF shoots 3s. that's what he meant by saying get their power forwards in foul trouble especially that Kim which by far is one of their stars. they can even utilize one of their Power forwards as centers and there you go, everyone is shooting 3s. if the koreans control the defensive boards then that's it, they can ran and stop and shoot in the 3s or perimeter. now tell me, is that easy to defend? you can neutralize it by slowing the game, and shoot the ball well.

mavrick_h
09-14-2011, 10:21 AM
i think you are not listening to macan. you are correct that you have advantage in height in point guard but that's it. korean PG up to the PF shoots 3s. that's what he meant by saying get their power forwards in foul trouble especially that Kim which by far is one of their stars. they can even utilize one of their Power forwards as centers and there you go, everyone is shooting 3s. if the koreans control the defensive boards then that's it, they can ran and stop and shoot in the 3s or perimeter. now tell me, is that easy to defend? you can neutralize it by slowing the game, and shoot the ball well.

Hi ASB welcome along :)
two players from the Lebanese side don't shoot 3s only 2.
Most of the followers they will be shocked by the change of style of our side in this tournament.
Remember we don't have big names anymore. It's more like the new approach from our head coach to build a new team based on team work and not on individuals.
It's obvious the change in our system as the team can play exactly similar to the opposition or back to the routs and slowing down the pace regarding the score.
However i still believe that Korea has a slight advantage on us at this moment because of our lack of preparations.

lebanese phoenix
09-14-2011, 10:22 AM

you're also forgetting that all our lebanese starting lineup can shoot the 3s without any exception;) and at very high percentages too,
our PG,SG,SF, even our PF and our C are all 3 pt experts,so i guess that we have an advantage in that field, add to that that our 1-2-3 are all excellent defenders, are all very fast, plus are 4-5 are also renown for their defense (hoskin was voted defensive player of the russian league or euroleague i'm not sure).
So to sum it up: Height, we have the advantage.
-long range shooting: we also have the advantage.
-PG: we have a distinct advantage and that allows us to control the tempo of the game (this is a fatal advantage).
-speed and stamina: all are players our young and can give stable performances for 40 mins
-under the basket: i dont think we will have any problem with tabet and hoskin under the basket (both averaged 15 rpg in the lebanese and iranian leagues respectively).
Plus our coach is very well renown for his defensive strategies, he can easily deal with any sharpshooting team and he has done times and times again in our league.

macan77
09-14-2011, 12:47 PM
you're also forgetting that all our lebanese starting lineup can shoot the 3s without any exception;) and at very high percentages too,
our PG,SG,SF, even our PF and our C are all 3 pt experts,so i guess that we have an advantage in that field, add to that that our 1-2-3 are all excellent defenders, are all very fast, plus are 4-5 are also renown for their defense (hoskin was voted defensive player of the russian league or euroleague i'm not sure).
So to sum it up: Height, we have the advantage.
-long range shooting: we also have the advantage.
-PG: we have a distinct advantage and that allows us to control the tempo of the game (this is a fatal advantage).
-speed and stamina: all are players our young and can give stable performances for 40 mins
-under the basket: i dont think we will have any problem with tabet and hoskin under the basket (both averaged 15 rpg in the lebanese and iranian leagues respectively).
Plus our coach is very well renown for his defensive strategies, he can easily deal with any sharpshooting team and he has done times and times again in our league.

with this analysis, you should beat Korea easily..:rolleyes:

lebanese phoenix
09-14-2011, 01:17 PM
with this analysis, you should beat Korea easily..:rolleyes:

not really,we will never underestimate any team starting Wuhan,i was just stating facts,wether or not we're gona easily beat Korea is anyone's guess,but i'm not counting on it, i think it'll be a close game,but i'm quite positive about the results.

gazara
09-14-2011, 04:36 PM
if we will talk Technically ,Our Players are better ,in term they Don t have a player who called Jean Abdel Nour ,This Player is Huge you will watch him in this championship ,mark my words ,he was the one who Give Riyadi the Championship he dominated the 4th Quarter killing the Iranian !! ,Very Fast Player ,Tall (2 M) ,Jump very High ,can t miss any open Shot ,known in Fast Breaks ,score very well and can create his basket ! he s great on deffence and known as a Fighter on the Court !!

you will see him and Judge !!
not to Miss Ghaleb Reda !!

durden_tyler
09-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Looking forward to a great Day 1 match-up between Lebanon vs. Korea!

From past tournaments, i saw Korea as one of the teams that has a legit chance to win this Wuhan tilt while Lebanon looks to prove they are one of the contenders!

Khalid80
09-15-2011, 06:36 AM
Looking forward to a great Day 1 match-up between Lebanon vs. Korea!

From past tournaments, i saw Korea as one of the teams that has a legit chance to win this Wuhan tilt while Lebanon looks to prove they are one of the contenders!

Then you'll have to wait till tomorrow cause it's actually a Day 2 match-up ;) :D

CKR13
09-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Will definitely watch the South Korea vs. Lebanon game.

apiSigbinz
09-15-2011, 02:05 PM
India and Korea will take this one easy..

budz17
09-15-2011, 02:16 PM
korea by 15+:p

sorry lebanon, after india game, no way you beat korea

lebanese phoenix
09-15-2011, 02:29 PM
korea by 15+:p

sorry lebanon, after india game, no way you beat korea

you never know,like india we are full of surprises:p
i'm trying to forget about the india game and think that tommorow is a new day although the game is 17 hours away:o
But i'm positive that we will put up a great fight and i'm confident that we have what it takes to snatch the win

gazara
09-15-2011, 02:33 PM
Budz i will remind you tommorow :D

budz17
09-15-2011, 02:41 PM
well tomorrow, you lebanese fans will find out for sure whether your trust in this young and inexperienced team is correct.

for sure I will be back on this thread tomorrow, and if lebanon wins I will surely accept my wrong forecast, but if they lose, [email protected] ka hagop:D:D

mavrick_h
09-15-2011, 02:47 PM
well tomorrow, you lebanese fans will find out for sure whether your trust in this young and inexperienced team is correct.

for sure I will be back on this thread tomorrow, and if lebanon wins I will surely accept my wrong forecast, but if they lose, [email protected] ka hagop:D:D

nothing wrong in trusting in a young team it's how generations are made.

even if we lose so what ?
what's your problem with Lebanon playing man ?

can't digest us or what ? everyone trashing Lebanon's name give us a break.
focus on your game instead of humbling around. did any lebanese users go around and start posting for fun in your threads ? they don't even care about other teams.

hold it down a bit. it's just a bad day it will pass.

lebanese phoenix
09-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Budz i will remind you tommorow :D

Gazara, Budz is just posting a logical interpretation of things, if we struggled against india we would logically have alot of trouble against Korea.
I cant but respect his opinion bcs it's very logical.

But i know deep in my heart that tommorow's game wont be a walk in the park for Korea, we wont go down that easy, and i predict a win, India is a very underestimated team that was also about to upset Iran lately,good thing we're through with this game, for now we're going full focus on korea's game tommorow

budz17
09-15-2011, 02:55 PM
nothing wrong in trusting on a young team it's how generations are made.

even if we lose so what ?
what's your problem with Lebanon playing man ?

can't digest us or what ? everyone trashing Lebanon's name give us a break.
focus on your game instead of humbling around. did any lebanese users go around and start posting for fun in your threads ? they don't even care about other teams.

hold it down a bit. it's just a bad day it will pass.

where in my post exactly did I trash lebanon's name? I even said I will accept my wrong forecast if lebanon wins.

me, I'm happy, my team won. you should be happy, your team also won.

it is a poll, I posted my opinion, based on lebanon's game against india today.

and is this you're thread? this thread is for fiba asia, asking who will win on a said game.

as you say, hold it down, its just a bad day.

gazara
09-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Our Hopes in Tommorow Game :

-Jean Abdel Nour(199-SF) Topscorer of Day 1 in the Fiba Asian Championship with 24 PPG ! (Game 1 )

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/299455_255067967847311_100000323308233_875249_7707 919_n.jpg

-Ghaleb Rida (192-SG) :We Need Ghaleb Fighting Spirit and His Agressive Deffence ,also his Offensive Skills !!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/45912_10150259829515637_576435636_14403219_3576023 _n.jpg

-Sam Hoskin (206-C)

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/311069_10150361295177069_688862068_10324235_650227 1_n.jpg

-Rodrigue Akl (188-PG)

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295872_10150359243650935_116705595934_10106604_270 797900_n.jpg

mavrick_h
09-15-2011, 03:54 PM
where in my post exactly did I trash lebanon's name? I even said I will accept my wrong forecast if lebanon wins.

me, I'm happy, my team won. you should be happy, your team also won.

it is a poll, I posted my opinion, based on lebanon's game against india today.

and is this you're thread? this thread is for fiba asia, asking who will win on a said game.

as you say, hold it down, its just a bad day.

i was talking in general

macan77
09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
korea by 15

babdelkader
09-15-2011, 05:34 PM
korea by 15

not surprised anymore...

kingkobe
09-15-2011, 08:06 PM
korea by a lopsided win! :D

eliooo93
09-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Lebanon 77-75 South Korea
India 72-66 Malaysia.

ok, there is no way this is happening..

Korea 80-65 Lebanon
India 77-60 Malaysia.

prince75
09-16-2011, 01:35 AM
I say a 10 point advantage by Korea. Lebanon is a young team and with talent but i think for now they will have to settle for something less, maybe in the near future this team will be a title contender. This is a great game though looking forward to watch this hopefully there is a link for the game. Good Luck to all our lebanese friends

Mr. Basketball
09-16-2011, 02:53 AM
Korea beats Lebanon in a close game. Lebanon won't stink it up as much as they did against India.

India beats Malaysia. This is the matchup India wanted, ever since their NBA bosses arranged the qualifying zone tournament in their favor.

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 05:33 AM

Korea 80-65 Lebanon
India 77-60 Malaysia.

Unfortunately !!!
disappointed :mad:

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 05:47 AM

Korea 80-65 Lebanon
India 77-60 Malaysia.

Am sad to predict the score as I see it: Korea 95-62 Lebanon :mad:

Gio BD
09-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Quick question, what time does the Lebanon v Korea game start in GMT time?

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Quick question, what time does the Lebanon v Korea game start in GMT time?

it begun already ...

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 07:37 AM
your probably still generous, as with a clueless manager like sarkis anything is possible

yesterday performance tells it all, watch sarkis ghassan lose big tonight.
I hope he is fired soon!!

Man, Ghassan Sarkis can't win the Championchip with a young team, the best player of our team now, was a bench player before!!!!
it's not just Ghassan Sarkis...

CKR13
09-16-2011, 07:41 AM
Akl scores the first bucket for Lebanon.

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 07:43 AM
The king of turnovers Galeb Rida begun to shine, after 6 turn overs yesterday :rolleyes:

CKR13
09-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Korea up 10-7 with Moon's free throw.

Romia
09-16-2011, 07:46 AM
7:3 Leb take the lead

well done .leb budy ,go go ,kill SK

CKR13
09-16-2011, 07:48 AM
All tied 10-10 with 4:47 on 1stQ

budz17
09-16-2011, 07:56 AM
so far so good for lebanon.

they're import is not so tall though

end 1qtr korea 17-16 lebanon

CKR13
09-16-2011, 07:59 AM
I hope this becomes a close game down the wire.

CKR13
09-16-2011, 08:08 AM
31-23 KOR with 4:15 remaining in the 2ndQ.

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Sam Hoskin is useless....

budz17
09-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Sam Hoskin is useless....

yeah, some of the lebanese bigs are better than him

end 2nd qtr sokorea 33 - 29 lebanon

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 08:17 AM
29-33 end of the 2nd quarter.
too many turnovers !!!
but so far so good...

CKR13
09-16-2011, 08:18 AM
End of 1st Half

Korea 33 Lebanon 29

lebanese phoenix
09-16-2011, 08:19 AM
too many turnovers,
Ghaleb's role should be limited,he's doing everything on court and he's no superman,
we're wasting alot of fastbreaks and we need to focus more on rebounding if we want to win

daniab
09-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Very proud of our players, Jean seems to have a slight injury :(
I hope he is ok, either way we are fucked up!

durden_tyler
09-16-2011, 08:20 AM
29-33 end of the 2nd quarter.
too many turnovers !!!
but so far so good...

Agree, it's good for Lebanon as this Korean squad can easily blowout Lebanon. Good job making it close. Hopefully that's true the rest of the way.

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 08:21 AM

details man ?

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Agree, it's good for Lebanon as this Korean squad can easily blowout Lebanon. Good job making it close. Hopefully that's true the rest of the way.

keep it for yourself please, we don't need to hear such things.

daniab
09-16-2011, 08:23 AM
keep it for yourself please, we don't need to hear such things.

why ur even answering him? he's just a hater, its like South Korea dont care abt winning lool

budz17
09-16-2011, 08:24 AM
lebanon playing well as a team. korea looks they have better players but lebanon teamwork and defense is very good. they are forcing turnovers on korea.

hoskins is no good. slow and unathletic, and small. lebanese frontcourt players are bigger and better than him, you might as well have gone all lebanese in this tournament

lebanese phoenix
09-16-2011, 08:25 AM

Yes i heard he had a slight back injury yesterday:(
hope he can step up and play bcs Ghaleb cant handle the game alone,too much pressure on him being the go to guy making him commit silly turnovers

durden_tyler
09-16-2011, 08:29 AM
why ur even answering him? he's just a hater, its like South Korea dont care abt winning lool

Nah, not really. Am just following the game and observing :)

CKR13
09-16-2011, 08:31 AM
South Korea playing small. Hur Jae knows that Ha Seung-Jin will just be liability on this game. Kim Jong-Kyu and Kim Joo-Sung had quality minutes at center.

interxavierxxx
09-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Lebanon should not let Korea lead beyond 10+. It will be very difficult to catch them if they lead by that deficit.

Gio BD
09-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Score please anyone + time remaining

CKR13
09-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Korea trying to pull away. 40-31 with 6:01 left in the 3rdQ.

durden_tyler
40-31 Korea. 6 min to go in the third.

i agree, don't let Korea create a big lead, Lebanon has a chance to steal this one but if can't keep it close this could get out of hand...

babdelkader
Score please anyone + time remaining

LIB 31-40 KOR
6 minutes remaining of the 3rd quarter

durden_tyler
09-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Educate me Lebanese fans, which player/s should i watch/look out for? i don't know these guys.

macan77
09-16-2011, 08:39 AM
as i have posted before, the only way lebanon could win this game is to dump the ball to their big men..let the big men of korea work hard and get in foul trouble..lebanon must slow the game and keep the game close..otherwise, it would be a certain loss to lebanon..korean guards are killing lebanon now..

Mojado
09-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Who decided to take a guy like Hoskin? SMH.

And why do the Lebanese post players look so chubby? Also Jordan post players looked the same way and I dont want to talk about UAE...I love the Lebanese/Syrian/Jordan food as hell, but I think some players are into it too much :)

Stevenson is just gunning...ego shooter - dislike.

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 08:44 AM
47 - 34
ghassan sarkis sucks

hold down man...
it's not time to discuss this subject...

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 08:45 AM
miguel Martinez is killing us....

macan77
09-16-2011, 08:46 AM
macan77 your speaking to the walls , because our clueless manager has no tactics or vision. he has no game.

he sucks, just fire him

because korean is a fast paced team, slowing the game would kill their rhythm..you can see from the game if korean is doing their half court game, they are much vulnerable..just cover their guards for the perimeter and 3s..but lebanon is a step slow in covering those bases

durden_tyler
09-16-2011, 08:47 AM
i think Lebanon has to run a bit. At this pace, the Koreans, who plays half court traps at times, are just content trading baskets.

interxavierxxx
Martinez just committed two quick fouls that Korea 4 easy points. Get this guy off the court.

Mojado
miguel Martinez is killing us....

thought the same.

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 08:49 AM
44-53 end of 3rd quarter.
Miguel Martinez killed us with 4 turnovers !!!
Mohamad Ibrahim would be a good choice...

durden_tyler
09-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Lebanon scores the last 4 points inside the paint to end the third.... Or that was what i was supposed to write until that Korean steal and hustleand ran end to end for what was an easy 2... What silly defense for Lebanon. Nobody stopped him.

53-44 for the Koreans. Come on Lebanon you can do better than this.

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 08:50 AM
thought the same.

Thanks GOD Karl Sarkis is not there :p

interxavierxxx
09-16-2011, 08:51 AM
53-44 Korea

Where is Stephan? Lebanon could use his outside shooting right now. At this rate, Korea will simply protect their lead by taking their time to shoot.

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 08:54 AM
2 free throws out for jean abdelnour... OMG

durden_tyler
09-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Ugh, Korea starting to heat up from beyond the arc. For all intents and purposes, and well, Lebanon's body language, this is over.

CKR13
09-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Yang Dong-Geun is on fire with 20 points and counting. 4/6 FG and 3/4-3pt.

The Team captain is inspiring his team.

Mojado
09-16-2011, 09:00 AM
rebounding, especially offensively is great, shooting is terrible. huge problems against the korean zone, while on defense, you play man-2-man and they are getting by with a simple pick and roll.

Gio BD
09-16-2011, 09:00 AM
what's the score?

durden_tyler
09-16-2011, 09:01 AM
i haven't watched Lebanon's first game but in this one, i can see that you have potentially good big men. If you can complement that with good guards/forwards in the future i think you'd be back to contender status in no time.

CKR13
09-16-2011, 09:01 AM
66-48 KOR with over five minutes left in the game...

RedMetal
09-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Thats it! Its confirmed LIB NT is the Lebanese Tiger.:cool:

CKR13
09-16-2011, 09:06 AM
72-50 KOR 2:21 left in the 4th.

Mojado
09-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Game over. I want to see the shooting stats of LEB. Not even one streaky shooter on the team.
:(

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Good bye guys, see u next championship :)

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Game over. I want to see the shooting stats of LEB. Not even one streaky shooter on the team.
:(

it's a bunch of amateurs man :)

CKR13
09-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Good games for team captain Yang Dong Geun who's scoring was invaluable. Moon Ta-Jong produced in the wings as expected of him while Kim Joo-Sung did well as the center.

Oh Sakeun was the valuable sixth man.

daniab
09-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Good bye guys, see u next championship :)

can u stop nagging for god sake?
just give those guys some time and u will see what they r gonna do, meet us in the 2nd round and later on!
Stupid!

eliooo93
09-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Thats it! Its confirmed LIB NT is the Lebanese Tiger.:cool:

What did Fadi do in the last Asian championship when we made it to the Semis? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING..

durden_tyler
09-16-2011, 09:12 AM
just give those guys some time and u will see what they r gonna do, meet us in the 2nd round and later on!
Stupid!

i think you're the most educated Lebanon fan here. So which player would you consider the leader of the team? Statistically, who's the most potent weapon for your team? (Again, forgive me, i am uneducated with this Lebanese squad)

lebanese phoenix
09-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Guys,it's okay,final score 80-62
we managed to hold our own against the koreans in the 1st half but got blown out bcs of rookie mistakes.
Jean's injury was a definite blow, was he in shape it would've been a complete different story.

the positive:

Rodirigue akl was 100% from FG today and 100% from the FT line, i wish he could play more agressively and try and be the leader on court.
Bassel bawji showed some class today.

The bad:

silly silly rookie mistakes,experience is hurting us alot, alot of traveling calls,backcourt violations,easily falling into traps...
those mistakes might cost us later on, but i'm confident that it will be okay.

for now,let's forget about the past,what's done is done, let's focus on tommorow's match against malaysia, we need a win,hopefully after a few games these mistakes will be settled, and we need to work seriously if we are to have a chance against Iran, we can still finish top 2 or even top 1 guys, nothing is done.
we just need some courage.

Hopefully with Jean's injury healing we'll be able to have some good games a play more on the inside, bcs our 3pt shooting so far has been disasterous.

Go Lebanon.

behzadir
09-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Easy win for S.Korea. Lebanon seemed to be gassed out in the 4th Q.

It could have been a +30 blowout if the Koreans wanted to play the last few minutes. But Lebanon came up serious and made the margin get a little bit closer.

FT: S.Korea 80- 62 Lebanon

lebanese phoenix
09-16-2011, 09:25 AM
we shouldnt loose hope guys, come on,we're Lebanese.
Remmember the disasterous start in 2001?
winning by a point against UAE and then getting blown out by Korea by 28 points and then came back to beat them in the semis and qualify to the finals?
I have a feeling history will repeat itself:)
never loose hope and support our boys who are in dire need of our support.

Kutsuit
09-16-2011, 09:26 AM
The South Koreans have outpaced the Lebanese. Lebanon's transition from offense to defense has been poor. That's how they've mostly been caught out. Furthermore, the Lebanese players were rushing with the ball. They haven't taken their time and, as a result, ended up missing lots of shots. It's beyond a shadow of a doubt that South Korea imposed their tactical game on Lebanon. The Lebanese were, consequentially, tempted to rush with the ball, waste so many chances, and open the game up for South Korea to take advantage of, on the fast break.

I really hope the Lebanese work to improve themselves for the upcoming games. Good luck, Lebanon. I'm rooting for you! :)

frenzfries
09-16-2011, 09:26 AM
I believe this was a good exposure for the young guys and don't get me wrong, Lebanon will get better after this.

cheer up lebanese friends!:)

OT:
on behalf of my countrymen, i apologize for the malicious or offensive posts that they've made.

karim
09-16-2011, 09:30 AM
the qatari broadcaster kept talking how its a shame how qatar were disqualified , i dont see how getting disqualified cuz of having 12 imports is a shame :p its a shame how they went 8 years like this before someone doing something .. including getting to the world championship in 2006 which should not have happened if they did not have had all the imports and i think they went too far by getting the last 2 imports ngombo and ndiaye without anyone changing their names so i guess FIBA has to do something even if the president is qatari :)... for lebanon I think the team they have now is okay they will get better .. they will surely make it to the quarter finals but i dont know about making it to the semi final hopefully they will

Khalid80
09-16-2011, 09:32 AM
In all honesty I was expecting such a result for our NT.
At the end of the day with such kind of low budget, bad preparations, many players missing due to various reasons, bad physical conditioning and not playing enough games, getting the nationalized player at the last second (3 weeks before the start of the tournament).... Add all these factors together and it all makes sense.

Off course we need to add that we are missing our experienced players (like Khatib, Mahmoud, Fahed...) and that this team is still young and a work in progress.

Our chemistry will improve as the tournament progresses and we will have better games but what i'm worried about is the physical fitness of our players. Can they play such type of tough games on a daily basis and be able to last without any more injuries?

Khalid80
09-16-2011, 09:35 AM
we shouldnt loose hope guys, come on,we're Lebanese.
Remmember the disasterous start in 2001?
winning by a point against UAE and then getting blown out by Korea by 28 points and then came back to beat them in the semis and qualify to the finals?
I have a feeling history will repeat itself:)
never loose hope and support our boys who are in dire need of our support.

Just one thing... The level of basketball in Asia has advanced by a lot since 2001.
The Korean NT if i'm not mistaken has been preparing for the Asian Championship for at least 6 months if not more.

gazara
09-16-2011, 09:39 AM
we had a good Start ,it was a close game till the 3rd Q ! ,when we had silly T.O and loosing the Ball Easily ,Abdel Nour Injured and had nothing in the Game ,We Lost our Game but hope we will do better in the Next Rounds !
these youngers will have a good Future ,Bassel Bawji was Very Good today !

we missed Today Fahed and Khatib the Killers of Korea :p and Specially Fahed when he play against Korea he turned to be a Kobe Bryant Version who don t miss any shot :p

but we will keep our hopes High ,but we have to be realistic ,it s a young Team ,a New Team ,no Experience ,Not The Best Lebanese Players but finally it s our NT we should support Them ,Go Lebannoooooooonnn Hope the Best in the Next Rounds !

Bernard
09-16-2011, 10:13 AM
IMO all the players were day dreaming today offensively, except rodrigue...
Defensively they were fine and at some point they were only observers...however I'm not taking it as an excuse, but there were too many bad calls by the referees, there were at least 5 block shots that were called against us defensively speaking...
Ghaleb should either stay on the bench or play as a team for once!! Fcoz when ur opponent is as good as Korea, ghaleb is not the key for the win...it's the team..he was extremely over selfish today...w yaret he was lucky to have 50% fg...mashi!! He was attempting too many silly shots and continued trying unsuccessfully..

Ghassan sarkis is the worst coach for the NT... i.e In critical moments he didn't even bother himself to call a timeout...

Anyways...hoping to reach the semis although after today's game it was clear that it's gona be almost an impossible task...specially with sample players like ghaleb... He will never be a leader more than a reason to make us lose the game in crucial moments...

Long live Lebanon!!(except all the politicians!!)

trojan.exe
09-16-2011, 10:19 AM
malaysia raced to 9-0 lead against India :eek:

score : 15-11 in favour of malaysia ...1st half half in progress

anyone got live streaming link for this match?

macan77
09-16-2011, 10:35 AM

remember this? i wrote this one in the first page of this thread..i told you the 3rd quarter would be crucial..

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Stupid!

I won't bother myself to reply... u know y.
if u don't, thats bcz ur lebanese first, and respectable guy(should be).

trojan.exe
09-16-2011, 10:49 AM
half time India 26 malaysia 42 :(

kingkobe
09-16-2011, 10:52 AM
so do u think you guys could still reach semis? :D

babdelkader
09-16-2011, 10:58 AM

yes of course...

behzadir
09-16-2011, 11:04 AM

Yeah,sure they will!

BTW ,India doesn't look good at all! They are completely lost on court.

kingkobe
09-16-2011, 11:11 AM
yes of course...

nah! you will lose to our Asian neighbors tomorrow! GO Malaysia! haha..:D

xxweekxx
09-16-2011, 11:42 AM
MAL/IND coming down to wire

1.27 left in 4Q

MAL up 2 points

will be a huge upset if they win

xxweekxx
09-16-2011, 11:43 AM
im watching the live score/gamecast equivalent on fiba

doesnt seem like anyone wants to win..

turnover after turnover..

45secs left now

xxweekxx
09-16-2011, 11:44 AM
LMAO malaysia is gonna pull this off..

trojan.exe
09-16-2011, 11:47 AM
India lost 67-71 :mad:

b3lowzro
09-16-2011, 11:53 AM
congrats to Team "Harimau" Malaysia, seems the SEABA region is improving :)

Bernard
09-17-2011, 12:03 PM
This poll and all the polls are wrong as they miss 2more options from each group...for example there is no Korea / Lebanon or Malaysia / India in this poll as an option for qualifiers :D

lebanese NT
09-17-2011, 12:42 PM
This poll and all the polls are wrong as they miss 2more options from each group...for example there is no Korea / Lebanon or Malaysia / India in this poll as an option for qualifiers :D

i too didint get the poll at first but i do now lol. ur not voting for the 2 teams that will qualify to the 2nd round ( its 3 teams BTW) ur voting for the 2 teams in the same group that will end up winning their respective matches on the same day.