PDA

View Full Version : Day 1, Group B: Iran 49-37 Chinese Taipei; Uzbekistan 27-12 Qatar

sinobball
09-12-2011, 05:13 PM
* All time local (UTC/GMT +8)

Iran 49-37 Chinese Taipei 11AM Wuhan Stadium
Box: http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/GPDF012011914214916.PDF
IRI: Samad Nikkhah Bahrami 18p 6r
TPE: Wu Tai-Hao 15p 7r

Qatar 12-27 Uzbekistan 6PM Hongshan Stadium
*** Qatar loses by default after 5 players getting suspended for eligibility issues and 4 others fouling out 6 minutes into the first quarter. ***
Box: http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/GPDF01201191544244.PDF
UZB: Evgeniy Shatrov 10p
QAT: Saad Abdulrahman 8p

Kutsuit
09-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Iran are defending champions, therefore I expect them to win their first game, since it is supposed to be an easy encounter.

Qatar are current Gulf Cup champions and they seem to care more about basketball than other countries in the region, so they should have a side good enough to overcome their first opponents.

My winners are obviously Iran and Qatar. :)

lebanese phoenix
09-12-2011, 06:14 PM
easy game for Qatar, though matchup for Iran,but they should have no problem dealing with chinese tapei, i would asses the chances of CT against Iran at 20%, nonetheless, i expect a blowout by Qatar and a -15 win for Iran.

Painless
09-12-2011, 09:09 PM
easy game for Qatar, though matchup for Iran,but they should have no problem dealing with chinese tapei, i would asses the chances of CT against Iran at 20%, nonetheless, i expect a blowout by Qatar and a -15 win for Iran.

I see Iran winning all three games.. could never be too sure though

I would not rule out Uzbekistan, they are looking good.. picked up some Russian pros :P

tmlouk
09-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I see Iran winning all three games.. could never be too sure though

I would not rule out Uzbekistan, they are looking good.. picked up some Russian pros :P

which pros do you mean and in which club do they play?

all_about
09-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Iran and Qatar will emerge victorious against Chinese Taipei and Uzbekistan respectively.

mohsena2631
09-13-2011, 12:17 AM
that IR before Iran in the title is just annoying :(:mad: did you ever see Iranian users here use this ?

sinobball
09-13-2011, 12:32 AM
that IR before Iran in the title is just annoying :(:mad: did you ever see Iranian users here use this ?Look this is not meant to be political, just using FIBA terminology since this is an official FIBA tournament. Your team wears the "IR" on its jersey which identifies the team and that's what FIBA uses on its website. FIBA doesn't say, for example "PR China" because the Chinese team doesn't have "PR" on its jersey. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Or, start a revolution if you must.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2011/08/hamed-haddadi.jpg
If these guys can wear it, there is no reason why you can't stand it if you are supporting them.

mohsena2631
09-13-2011, 02:17 AM
Look this is not meant to be political,

yes sure !

just using FIBA terminology since this is an official FIBA tournament. Your team wears the "IR" on its jersey which identifies the team and that's what FIBA uses on its website. FIBA doesn't say, for example "PR China" because the Chinese team doesn't have "PR" on its jersey.

really ?
like this one ?
http://china2009.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/09/fascm/team/p/eid/4046/lid//orderby//rid//sid/7038/tid/2605/profile.html
or
http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/10/fwcm/team/p/eid/4728/orderby//rid//sid/4728/tid/2605/profile.html
or
http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/team/p/eid/6232/lid//rid//sid/5195/tid/2605/profile.html

If you don't like it, just ignore it.

Of course I will, especially now. but You could ignore my post too, why you didn't ? actually I didn't write it for getting answer. I just said what I felt.

Or, start a revolution if you must.
sure, Thank you for reminding us.

If these guys can wear it, there is no reason why you can't stand it if you are supporting them.

this is really unfortunate
but Yes they can, maybe they are stronger than me, or maybe because they love their country and they want to play for their country at all cost, maybe they have no other choice , I should do the same no doubt. but here I have another choice, and it's really simple.

behzadir
09-13-2011, 06:44 AM
Look this is not meant to be political, just using FIBA terminology since this is an official FIBA tournament. Your team wears the "IR" on its jersey which identifies the team and that's what FIBA uses on its website. FIBA doesn't say, for example "PR China" because the Chinese team doesn't have "PR" on its jersey. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Or, start a revolution if you must.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2011/08/hamed-haddadi.jpg

Yes please take the IR from the beginning of the country please. I think we here must accept the will of the majority of the Iranians. So don't look at what competition organizers come up with,look at what the people are willing to be.

OT:

And thanks for reminding us for a revolution. With the direct support of your beloved country and politicians of these jerks ruling our country,we have a hard way to go through such revolutions Bro.

mohsena2631
09-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Yes please take the IR from the beginning of the country please. I think we here must accept the will of the majority of the Iranians. So don't look at what competition organizers come up with,look at what the people are willing to be.

dude, even FIBA uses Iran.
I posted many links, now see this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPuWiaSD48g

Our Football NT wears the "IR" on jersey but still FIFA uses Iran. this is different case than Czech Republic or Dominican Republic.

all normal people use Iran. you can see 2007/2009 Asian Champs and 2010 World Champs sections in this forum.

ok forget it, his point is clear, mine too.

apiSigbinz
09-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Iran vs CT is one game that I'm curious with. I want to see how strong they will be. I expect Iran to win but CT will not go without a fight.

Qatar should win vs Uzbekistan unless the latter will put up some surprises. I have not seen their NT play this year so I don't know what to expect from them.

TrueBluePinoy
09-14-2011, 02:07 AM
2nd straight time that Iran and CT will play against each other in their first game.:D

macan77
09-14-2011, 07:45 AM
In the early stages of the game, Chinese Taipei will hang on tough because Iran will try to give time to Bharami and Arsalan, but in late 2nd quarter or early 3rd quarter, Iran will find their rhythm and will win easily. Qatar should win this easily even if not too much minutes on their star player Ngombo..

durden_tyler
09-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Taipei goes into the game as 15.5 underdogs-- watch out for that number as the refs tries to make this a close affair :D

OSHAFA
09-15-2011, 02:52 AM
Expecting a similar game to Syria/Jordan ... Taiwan has always been a problem for Iran :D

Hardy
09-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Iran by +10 :D

kerouac82
09-15-2011, 03:15 AM
No one in the Chinese Taipei lineup can match up with Haddadi one-on-one. I expect Iran to post him up a lot then wait for the double team and pass it to a cutter or kick it out to an outside shooter. Iran has too many weapons. They should win this by at least 25.

Qatar-Uzbekistan should be exciting. I suspect the Uzbeks will make it a close game until midway through the third, and get the boards until that point. However, Qatar will prove to be the deeper team. I say a 20-point win for them.

reamily
09-15-2011, 03:23 AM
1st game jitters for both teams, Iran ahs been known for playing flat in their first match eversince 2007 and recently the Jones Cup

Having Tseng and Wu at the same time against iran: a suicide:eek:

Grinder
09-15-2011, 03:26 AM
I'm appalled at how low this level of play is, especially after watching Eurobasket games earlier today. Teams like Finland would destroy the teams I've seen so far. It seems like there's no discipline in the game. Why is Hadaddi allowed to dribble all around and shoot 3s?

reamily
09-15-2011, 03:30 AM
I'm appalled at how low this level of play is, especially after watching Eurobasket games earlier today. Teams like Finland would destroy the teams I've seen so far. It seems like there's no discipline in the game. Why is Hadaddi allowed to dribble all around and shoot 3s?

because Asian teams know when to turn on the switch

durden_tyler
09-15-2011, 03:31 AM
First game jitters? Maybe. Pathetic offense for both to start the game with a very low-scoring first half. Ugh.

And i was just convincing my office mate that FIBA ball is exciting (he's a basketball fan-- NBA only.)

reamily
09-15-2011, 03:35 AM
First game jitters? Maybe. Pathetic offense for both to start the game with a very low-scoring first half. Ugh.

And i was just convincing my office mate that FIBA ball is exciting (he's a basketball fan-- NBA only.)

exciting in a ballers point of view, if only a watches the games nah...

manu_bol
09-15-2011, 03:36 AM
what's the final score line gonna be, 45-39? :D

Grinder
09-15-2011, 03:37 AM
because Asian teams know when to turn on the switch

Turn on what switch? The switch that allows a national team to get blow out by 30+ to Partizan Belgrade's bench?

Iran with 17 points in the in the first half...lol

reamily
09-15-2011, 03:37 AM
Wu Tai hao beasting mode:eek::D

reamily
09-15-2011, 03:39 AM
Turn on what switch? The switch that allows a national team to get blow out by 30+ to Partizan Belgrade's bench?

Iran with 17 points in the in the first half...lol

yup:eek: sir we can never tell if they match up we can only predict the outcome

durden_tyler
09-15-2011, 03:40 AM
exciting in a ballers point of view, if only a watches the games nah...

With this scoring (19-17 at the half) i had a hard time explaining that this is not amateurs playing. :D

Oh well. i can't justify it because it wasn't the defense that dictated this scoring-- simply, Taipei and Iran was in a slow start and sucked balls on offense :D

reamily
09-15-2011, 03:47 AM
With this scoring (19-17 at the half) i had a hard time explaining that this is not amateurs playing. :D

Oh well. i can't justify it because it wasn't the defense that dictated this scoring-- simply, Taipei and Iran was in a slow start and sucked balls on offense :D

and best comparison if he watch the recent jones cup the first game between Gilas and iran compare it to the second match. He will see the difference and at first wth "Gilas playing sucked:eek: this is not what we see in the pba or something"..

and we don't look far the 2007 fiba asia our first match with Iran Toroman and Iran played sucked.. but we play more atrocious when we got our rhytym the deficit is too deep to overcome:cool:

Grinder
09-15-2011, 03:47 AM
Isn't Nikkah one of the best wings in Asia?

Hadaddi's trying to play like a guard and Kazemi has been a total non-factor

I thought Iran would win this fairly easily.

toikins
09-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Isn't Nikkah one of the best wings in Asia?

Hadaddi's trying to play like a guard and Kazemi has been a total non-factor

I thought Iran would win this fairly easily.

well,like most human beings, they're not perfect...

btw, when did they play partizan's bench? lost by 30 ? lol

durden_tyler
09-15-2011, 03:51 AM
and best comparison if he watch the recent jones cup the first game between Gilas and iran compare it to the second match. He will see the difference and at first wth "Gilas playing sucked:eek: this is not what we see in the pba or something"..

Well we do see it in the PBA rare times-- but more likely, it's taking off on defense rather than offense.

Iran should play better in the 2nd half for a comfortable double digit win.

Buran
09-15-2011, 03:51 AM
It seems like there's no discipline in the game. Why is Hadaddi allowed to dribble all around and shoot 3s?

you're absolutely right. Haddadi starts dribbling and taking three pt shots either when they are hopeless against a much tougher European/american opponent, or just like today when they think they would have an easy win (although they know that CT could easily pull off an upset if they become too complacent). In any case, they have traditionally had very slow starts in these tournaments.

reamily
09-15-2011, 03:56 AM
taiwan with their best 5...
Wu still beasting Taiwan better need this win they need all the wins they get, even gifts:cool:

iran can play suck all they want in first and second round to the dismay of Jordan Japan and RP as they play their butt out just to play position games in the end:eek::D

taiwan enjoy the moment build on it until the storm comes:cool:

manu_bol
09-15-2011, 04:02 AM
taiwan with their best 5...
Wu still beasting Taiwan better need this win they need all the wins they get, even gifts:cool:

iran can play suck all they want in first and second round to the dismay of Jordan Japan and RP as they play their butt out just to play position games in the end:eek::D

taiwan enjoy the moment build on it until the storm comes:cool:

on the contrary, a poor showing of iran early takes off the pressure of those teams you mentioned. those teams don't have to top group F to avoid iran in the quarters. ;)

asero
09-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Nikkah heating up. Tai-Hao Wu(#8) is a revalation for Taiwan
34-31

JGX
09-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Eh, no one looks good when they're not hitting shots. Iran won't be 2-24 from three in every game.

reamily
09-15-2011, 04:24 AM
Nikkah heating up. Tai-Hao Wu(#8) is a revalation for Taiwan
34-31

nope bro Wu tai hao is expected to produce in this ball game:cool:

durden_tyler
09-15-2011, 04:30 AM
Iran had a very bad start in the Jones Cup this year. i guess they aren't really known as fast-starters. 10 point lead now.

asero
09-15-2011, 04:32 AM
why is Mahdi Kamrani not finishing the game. Instead it's the #5 guy

JGX
09-15-2011, 04:33 AM
why is Mahdi Kamrani not finishing the game. Instead it's the #5 guy

1-10 FG and 4 turnovers probably has something to do with it.

reamily
09-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Iran had a very bad start in the Jones Cup this year. i guess they aren't really known as fast-starters. 10 point lead now.

but known to be great finishers:D

Walken
09-15-2011, 04:36 AM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9674/coveruc.png
main arena :rolleyes:

Grinder
09-15-2011, 04:44 AM
well,like most human beings, they're not perfect...

btw, when did they play partizan's bench? lost by 30 ? lol

I stand corrected, it was by 16.

http://sports.inquirer.net/amateur/amateur/view/20100407-262791/Partizan-uses-size-edge-whips-Smart-Gilas

CKR13
09-15-2011, 04:52 AM
Terrible game from Chinese Taipei. Wu Tai Hao did the best he could but was 3/10 overall but got help from foul shooting which Wu 6/8.

The so called uptempo usage for guards preached by consultant Bob Hill was non-existent.

Iran also did not play well but they will take the win. I expect Iran to be better as the tournament progresses.

durden_tyler
09-15-2011, 05:27 AM
Terrible game from Chinese Taipei. Wu Tai Hao did the best he could but was 3/10 overall but got help from foul shooting which Wu 6/8.

The so called uptempo usage for guards preached by consultant Bob Hill was non-existent.

Iran also did not play well but they will take the win. I expect Iran to be better as the tournament progresses.

Surprising really with that final score that looks like a half time one...

Johnny A
09-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Thats why i have c.taipei no.4 on my group e prediction, not qatar. thats more certain now that qatar has 5 players disqualified.:D

reamily
09-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Qatar might lose half of its roster due to disqualification:eek:

greenarcher
09-15-2011, 06:24 AM
what's the final score line gonna be, 45-39? :D

Very close!!!

babdelkader
09-15-2011, 06:57 AM

You can't compare Euro Basket to Asian one, there's a BIG difference.
China (the Asian powerhouse) could be destroyed by European teams of level 2 like Finland, Britain, Georgia, etc...
They are in another planet.:o

babdelkader
09-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Very close!!!

49-37, its 12 points lead, but yes, somehow close.

lebanese phoenix
09-15-2011, 07:06 AM
it's a real shame for asian basketball to call this IRI-TPE match basketball.
i mean when did haddadi become a Point guard:confused:?8 TO:eek:?
no system,no nothing.
Iran is gotta put a much better performance in it's future games if they are to retain their title,bcs frankly said,this kind of performance could barely get them a top 8 finish, same thing for CT, i think that Top 12 is the highest they can aim after this match.

daniab
09-15-2011, 07:11 AM
it's a real shame for asian basketball to call this IRI-TPE match basketball.
i mean when did haddadi become a Point guard:confused:?8 TO:eek:?
no system,no nothing.
Iran is gotta put a much better performance in it's future games if they are to retain their title,bcs frankly said,this kind of performance could barely get them a top 8 finish, same thing for CT, i think that Top 12 is the highest they can aim after this match.

It was more like 3 on 3 game, with lots of turnovers and missing shots, however i do think Iran always start slow and get better early on, but today's also showed signs for a possible failure, their system is all around Samad and Haddadi, just give them the ball and let them play. This isn't gonna work against better teams than CT.
Also one of the reasons for Iran's possible downhill is the absence of a good point guard, Kamrani seems a lot weaker than before and Davoudi is not from the same level to control the team.

lebanese phoenix
09-15-2011, 07:39 AM
It was more like 3 on 3 game, with lots of turnovers and missing shots, however i do think Iran always start slow and get better early on, but today's also showed signs for a possible failure, their system is all around Samad and Haddadi, just give them the ball and let them play. This isn't gonna work against better teams than CT.
Also one of the reasons for Iran's possible downhill is the absence of a good point guard, Kamrani seems a lot weaker than before and Davoudi is not from the same level to control the team.

exactly i said that before,that Kamrani's level is hugely regressing however everyone started bashing me, when you dont have a good point guard who can draw the system and control the game's temp you're gona suffer big time.
if you check in one of my earlier posts i said that the key to winning iran is dominating their Kamrani just like we did all throughout this year,and once that is done everything is easy.
Iranians are just lost without Kamrani,he was the one always making them look good

Walken
09-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Qatar might lose half of its roster due to disqualification:eek:
@charlestiu
Hmm interesting. Qatar looks like theyr gna play with a full team. So maybe they got away with their 'ineligibles'. Off to the gym in a bit

Mojado
09-15-2011, 09:54 AM
@charlestiu
Hmm interesting. Qatar looks like theyr gna play with a full team. So maybe they got away with their 'ineligibles'. Off to the gym in a bit

Nope they dont. Line-up in the live score does not include ngombo, ndour, Ndiaye, El Hadary and Mohammed. Congo, 2x Senegal and 2x Egypt.

bballer2010
09-15-2011, 09:59 AM
any1 got link for qatar game??

Mojado
09-15-2011, 10:06 AM
any1 got link for qatar game??

there wont be a link, since the game is in the other gym,which has no tv coverage (I still cant believe this, even the African Champs had 95% of the games covered on tv).

Why dont you play, Leslie?

babdelkader
09-15-2011, 10:32 AM
The live statistics page of Fiba asia shows that that Qatar-Uzbekistan match ended after 13 minutes !!! and the score is Qat 12-27 Uzb, anyone knows what is happening ???

zik013
09-15-2011, 10:34 AM
qataris protested, and got 4 players with 5 fouls deliberately...

babdelkader
09-15-2011, 10:36 AM
qataris protested, and got 4 players with 5 fouls deliberately...

why they protested ???

Mojado
09-15-2011, 10:37 AM
What a fiasco.

zik013
09-15-2011, 10:38 AM
why they protested ???

bcoz life is UNFAIR :)

mavrick_h
09-15-2011, 10:43 AM
there wont be a link, since the game is in the other gym,which has no tv coverage (I still cant believe this, even the African Champs had 95% of the games covered on tv).

Why dont you play, Leslie?

for some it was called marketing :D

now it's pathetic

babdelkader
09-15-2011, 10:48 AM
bcoz life is UNFAIR :)

hahaha

Mojado
09-15-2011, 10:49 AM
This could be the end for their basketball program.
It also could lead them to invest into African hoops like Spain to get younger talents before the age of 16. Then, they get talent LEGALLY into their national-teams.

babdelkader
09-15-2011, 11:15 AM
This could be the end for their basketball program.
It also could lead them to invest into African hoops like Spain to get younger talents before the age of 16. Then, they get talent LEGALLY into their national-teams.

totally true, the team without ngombo and mami ndour, is not that strong anymore !!!

babdelkader
09-15-2011, 11:48 AM
can anyone explain this:
its exposed on the wuhan2011 web site:

GROUP B
Team W L Pts GA
--------------------------------
I.R.Iran 1 0 2 1.32
Qatar 0 1 1 2.24
Ch. Taipei 0 1 1 0.76
Uzbekistan 1 0 1 0.44

zoman114
09-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Qatar chose to end the game prematurely as a form of protest for the "impromptu" eligibility checks done a day before the tourney started. It's great to check for eligibility, but to lay down the law just a day before the tournament just screams of dubious protocol.

And although I agree with the fact that this handful of Qataris should be deemed ineligible, it should have been done before they donned the Qatar NT uniform for the first time. To do it at the eve of the London qualifiers, again, leaves a bad taste.

Sucks for Syria, Lebanon and us Pinoys, too. If FIBA will let this stick, then changes in procedures and info dissemination should be implemented.

behzadir
09-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Does anyone know whether or not Qatar will play their game tomorrow?? Or their protest will be carried on for the whole tournament and won't take part in any game now?

lapukman
09-15-2011, 01:35 PM
I stand corrected, it was by 16.

http://sports.inquirer.net/amateur/amateur/view/20100407-262791/Partizan-uses-size-edge-whips-Smart-Gilas

As far as I remember, they played against Milan Macvan and 2 other former national players and an import. Not entirely a bench line up.

ddreamer
09-15-2011, 01:44 PM
With this new rule being made on the eve before the tournament begins, I hope whoever will be next to host this effin' championship they would introduce some more new rules that would destroy other teams. And to the next host after the other, and so on and on. This is effin' good for being the host!!! Come on, how these fiba officials deal about the actions made by the Qatari team?

Mojado
09-15-2011, 02:02 PM
I wonder...how can you get five fouls and then not be substituted?
http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/GPDF01201191544244.PDF
Since there are two players on the bench...:confused:

JGX
09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
As far as I remember, they played against Milan Macvan and 2 other former national players and an import. Not entirely a bench line up.

Macvan played for Hemofarm not Partizan.

Anyway, the Qatar thing is pretty hilarious. Isn't Saad Abdulrahman Ali Somali/Canadian playing with a fake birthdate?

usausa
09-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I wonder...how can you get five fouls and then not be substituted?
http://www.fibaasia.net/UserImages/GPDF01201191544244.PDF
Since there are two players on the bench...:confused:

One was injured, according to the FIBA Asia write up on the game, forget which one. They needed to dress 7, 1 was dressed anyway to play. So in reality Qatar had only 6.

usausa
09-16-2011, 06:03 AM
LMAO no details in this report by the Qatar Olympic Committee
http://www.qatarolympics.org/topics/index.asp?g=786BD90D-9234-4838-8FD5-B737D9D1C6FE