• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [RD2 Day 3] Game F/9: Slovenia - Finland

Group: F
    Date: 12.09.2011, 15:30h
    Venue: Vilnius (LTU)

Winner is in top-8 and faces Spain in the quarterfinal game and loser is out.

Someone add a poll please. I don't know how....

Although i am Slovenian, i'll be cheering for Finland. Our guys don't deserve anything else but to go home. We're terrible in every aspect of the game. Our % of shooting (doesn't matter FT, 3PT, in game..) is on a downwards spiral. We had easiest group on this tournament. You could say we had open path to semi's and look at what we achomplised.. I am embarrassed.

Comment

All the pressure on Slovenians , for Finns being in 1/4 will be a nice bonus, they've already jumped above the head.

Finns live and die on outside shooting ,so if they'll catch their day they 'll make a major upset here.

Comment

HA, what you guys don't know is secretly it was Majkovič's plan all along to lose those games so he can get Spain in the quarterfinals, where he will use his inside knowledge of Spanish basketball to our advantage and surprise the world. Today he will barely win Finland so Spain will let their guard down. In the quarterfinal game we will start hitting all the three's, Lorbek and Begič will completely shutdown the Gasol brothers, Samo Udrih will make Ibaka look like an amateur and Jagodnik will start dunking over everybody...

But seriously, i think Finland win by 9 and to be honest i think they deserve it. I still don't know if the total lack of offence is Majkovič's or the players fault...

Comment

I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish

But I'm afraid not even Majkovič's Slovenia can lose to Finland...

Or...Could they...
          "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Comment

We have never lost to Finland , infact we have never win against them for less then 13

Comment

Slovenia seems pretty fired up for this match. Going to be difficult game for Finland. Also will be hard for Slovenia, Koponen hasn't started this well in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by andz View Post
                We have never lost to Finland , infact we have never win against them for less then 13
                It was like 3 years ago we were in B-divison and 16 years ago was our last European championship final tournament. This team is completely different, not playerwise but they just play so well together which i have never seen them do before, so because of this i wouldn't look at old stats at all. We have a shot at beating Slovenia because Slovenia hasn't been itself lately.

Comment

Does any one have a link for this game?
                  Never argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Comment

Hehe how much did Spanish federation pay to theier referee to keep Finland in a game against Slovenia.What a fu**ing clown this referee is.Spanitards please tell me you aren't afraid of us?

Comment

Originally posted by Gyroscope View Post
                      I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish

But I'm afraid not even Majkovič's Slovenia can lose to Finland...

Or...Could they...
                      Take heart! They could!

Finland, having exceeded the target set for this tournament (one win), should feel little, if any, pressure. In addition, they have the perimeter shooting and younger legs to put the pressure on Slovenia, who must be reeling after their last two performances.
                      Never argue with fools. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Comment

I love the Slovenian fans in the crowd :P.

Comment

Originally posted by andz View Post
                          Hehe how much did Spanish federation pay to theier referee to keep Finland in a game against Slovenia.What a fu**ing clown this referee is.Spanitards please tell me you aren't afraid of us?
                          are we watching the same game?
                          a slovenian has the guts to complain about refereeing..
                          wow, you must be really afraid you won't win this one..
                          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                            are we watching the same game?
                            a slovenian has the guts to complain about refereeing..
                            Look first 15 minutes there were some strange decisions against Slovenia(both fouls called on Smodiš for instance) , then Salins tehnical happened and I realized it's not against Slovenia it's just tha Spanitrad referee doesn't know how to referee

Ofcours we are afraid why we woudln't be?We played like crap thus far .
                            Last edited by andz; 09-12-2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

It should not be an issue for Slovenia as now. I don't know what the exact score is, but, with g players having scored as much as Koponen did, Slovenia can not lose this one.

For Finland, it was a great run in this Eurobasket, and they can be congratulated for showing off so far in the competition.
                              It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information