09-09-2011, 11:51 PM
SLO should win right?:D

Supply&Demand
09-10-2011, 12:20 AM
In the wise words of Bo McCalebb: "Da zivee Makedonija"

thegreekmeister
09-10-2011, 12:35 AM
In the wise words of Bo McCalebb: "Da zivee Makedonija"

You should be ashamed to quote "proud" words of american when you talk about your NATIONAL team :(

Perseus
09-10-2011, 05:53 AM
if FYROM play like with Georgia will loose (if)

Vlatko.klp
09-10-2011, 07:32 AM
You should be ashamed to quote "proud" words of american when you talk about your NATIONAL team :(
And you should me ashamed when a greek member is trying to bribe the referees in order for you to win :(....dont spam anymore please :)

I think Slovenia needs this win more than Macedonia, cause they are in worse position.

AiwiTo
09-10-2011, 07:44 AM
I will be with Makedonia here, if they win, they are 2nd minimum. (We all now, that we will be 3rd likely), so I want them in the quarter. Of course, if Makedonia loose today, they still can be 2nd. We need that Russia beat Greece, and Slovenia wont win too much.

Perseus
09-10-2011, 08:04 AM
with whom your fans will be tonight? Russia or Greece?

Vlatko.klp
09-10-2011, 08:05 AM
I will be with Makedonia here, if they win, they are 2nd minimum. (We all now, that we will be 3rd likely), so I want them in the quarter. Of course, if Makedonia loose today, they still can be 2nd. We need that Russia beat Greece, and Slovenia wont win too much.
But Macedonia does not want you in the quarter :D

Gonzaka
09-10-2011, 08:14 AM
Slovenia should win, but with Boza everything is possible.

BananaJo
09-10-2011, 08:26 AM
Slovenia is a better team than Skopje. No doubt.
Both teams have pretty much secured a place in the top 8, so it can go either way.

cartmaniac
09-10-2011, 11:09 AM
And you should me ashamed when a greek member is trying to bribe the referees in order for you to win :(....dont spam anymore please :)

I think Slovenia needs this win more than Macedonia, cause they are in worse position.

That was not nice. Nobody tried to bride anybody, thats quite clear by now, pls dont make such completely unconfirmed statments like this one in order to answer to someone.

I think that Slovenia is more likely to take this, as they cannot afford another defeat at this point and they cannot afford to play a second bad game in a row.

AiwiTo
09-10-2011, 11:13 AM

Of course, i will be for Russia! Go, and take 1st place in the group!

But Macedonia does not want you in the quarter :D

which team do you want? :D Serbia (Turkey), Spain, or France? :D

cartmaniac
09-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Slovenia is a better team than Skopje. No doubt.
Both teams have pretty much secured a place in the top 8, so it can go either way.

Dont forget that if Slovenia loses today then a single defeat by Finland can eliminate them.

swagger09
09-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Bo and is teammates are prolly still drunk from the night before. So it's gonna be an easy win for Slovenia:D

Supply&Demand
09-10-2011, 11:35 AM

So gravely ashamed.. I have tarnished my family's image.. and that of my city.. and my country.. I also feel sorry for those American-born players on your team. Let us grieve together.

which team do you want? :D Serbia (Turkey), Spain, or France? :D

Serbia.

kecal
09-10-2011, 11:35 AM

Of course, I will be against Russia :)

Adon
09-10-2011, 11:45 AM
FYROM has a solid team which is constantly underrated. I think Slovenia is better but I don't expect an easy win for them. Neither would I be surprised if FYROM beats them in the end.

BananaJo
09-10-2011, 11:55 AM
So gravely ashamed.. I have tarnished my family's image.. and that of my city.. and my country.. I also feel sorry for those American-born players on your team. Let us grieve together.

Dont forget that those American players have at least Greek blood running in their veins...So its not as comparable as you think.

Anyway, I don't really care, even if you had Kobe and Lebron on your team.
One way or another your team is going to deflate.
Do you have any new talents coming in? As far as I know, no...

It's history and continuity that define a team.

pivx
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Slovenia MUST win! Not because securing qfinal spot but for psychological reasons.

Alyosha12
09-10-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't think we are gonna win today. Our offense just sucks too damn much. We can't hit a 3 to save our life. Lakovic keeps playing the PG spot, which means he holds the ball for 7-15sec to long instead of playing SG where he excelled at the EB09. If he is the PG we have no fastbreak we play slow and nothing is done with the ball. Also he hoists up unrealistic shots over the defender which he does not make. If he plays the SG he doesn't have as much contact with the ball, he is reduced to a spot up shooter from the corner, a role in which he is awesome. He hits those shots with 40% easy. The defense is spread more because of that, there is more room under the basket for our bigs and the game pace is faster.

But sadly Lakovic will play PG and ruin us. Malkovic is a great defensive coach but he is a retard in this regard where he insists on playing Lakovic as PG. At this point i'd rather have Rupnik for 5minutes in the game at PG honestly.

Robimkd
09-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Ilievski, Makaleb, Antic and Gecevski are likely to get littel playing time today.

This will have an impact of the outcome.

Robimkd
09-10-2011, 01:32 PM
FYROM has a solid team which is constantly underrated. I think Slovenia is better but I don't expect an easy win for them. Neither would I be surprised if FYROM beats them in the end.

This is true, we have been underrated for the past 4-5 years and keep producing nice results.

Anyway, today motivation will beat team spirit. SLO will be more motivated than us.

But also many key players will have a rest.

barchen
09-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Ilievski, Makaleb, Antic and Gecevski are likely to get littel playing time today.

This will have an impact of the outcome.

where did you get this? i ve seen this already but dont u think that it would help them more to rest them in last game?

Robimkd
09-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Not 100% sure yet but people speculate and say it is very likely.

This macedonian forum:
http://forum.kajgana.com/forums/%D0%95%D0%B2%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BF%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE-%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B2%D 0%BE-2011-%D0%9B%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%98%D 0%B0.95/

Direct link for MKD-SLO:
http://forum.kajgana.com/threads/ma%D0%BA%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%98%D0%B0-%D0%A1%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%98%D 0%B0-10-09-17-00.53873/

Post 4, page 1

Изгледа ќе одмараат Лестер и Тодор утре.

Mermeri_Disledim
09-10-2011, 03:14 PM
any stream links? would be very much appreciated :)

AiwiTo
09-10-2011, 03:22 PM
any stream links? would be very much appreciated :)

just with bad quality...

http://sport24.lt/embed/8681/1/makedonija-slovenija.html/popup

Billy Bounce
09-10-2011, 03:24 PM
With good quality : http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/10/18/v-301838.html

Bench did wonderful things to Lakovic : Jaka started to hit s0me threes.

Adon
09-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Those guys with the (anciant Macedonian :confused: :D) helmets are priceless :D I had never noticed them before today.
As I was saying, FYROM is a solid team.

andz
09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
This is embarrassing...

Alyosha12
09-10-2011, 03:52 PM
More of the same... Chuck chuck chuck threes all game long. Our bigs don't get any useful balls on the post, the ball just gets passed around on the 3pt live.

I have no idea what Maljkovic and the players are thinking...

xxax
09-10-2011, 04:08 PM
We seriously need a PG...

greenarcher
09-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Goran Dragic is a PG right?

Bo McCalleb for MVP! LOL!

CG
09-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Unbelievable how bad they play

DarkoMVP
09-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Macedonia has very good ball movement.

Dtown
09-10-2011, 04:34 PM
I really need to stop betting against fyr of Macedonia.

Billy Bounce
09-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Epic choke for Macedonians : from +20 to +6

christodoulou76
09-10-2011, 04:49 PM
assuming Greece and Slovenia win on Monday:

Scenario 1:
Russia-Greece 1
Russia-FYROM 1

Russia 5-0
FYROM 4-1
Greece 3-2
Slovena 2-3

Scenario 2:
Russia-Greece 2
Russia-FYROM 1

FYROM 4-1
Russia 4-1
Greece 4-1
Slovenia 2-3

Points differential will determine 1-3 spots. Greece likely 3rd.

Scenario 3:
Russia-Greece 1
Russia-FYROM 2

FYROM 5-0
Russia 4-1
Greece 3-2
Slovenia 2-3

Scenario 4:
Russia-Greece 2
Russia-FYROM 2

FYROM 5-0
Greece 4-1
Russia 3-2
Slovenia 2-3

If Finland beats Slovenia, they go through in 4th place.

buzz
09-10-2011, 04:49 PM
congrats to skopians...FYROM is a mediocre team but with the add of McCalebb became a better team...

so beating the slovenians is not a big deal after all my comrades greeks

Liha
09-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Finland beats Slovenia and after that Finland beats Spain. Yes!

buzz
09-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Unbelievable how bad they play

indeed perhaps the worst basketball perfomance i ve ever seen

pivx
09-10-2011, 05:16 PM
OMG Guys its not funny anymore! Playing against finnland for qfinal spot, thats indeed the last thing i predicted...Thank god we are in group F.

Supply&Demand
09-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Those guys with the (anciant Macedonian :confused: :D) helmets are priceless :D I had never noticed them before today.
As I was saying, FYROM is a solid team.

They're hilarious. Towards the end of the game, they even got the train going. :D

Anyway, I thought we played very well, especially with Pero Antic resting on the bench for quite awhile. Good to see the team perform well even when some of our stars are on the bench.

Adon
09-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Slovenians didn't want to win :eek:
They didn't foul (once more, same tactic like in the game with Greece) in the last minute(s) to stop the time. Very slow offenses, even when they had a chance to win the game (last 2-2.5 min to the end). Perhaps a Slovenian member can give us some "inside" info about this tactic.

Terrorizer
09-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Epic choke for Macedonians : from +20 to +6
Still they were capable of only increasing their lead in the last minute. This team is the most pleasant surprise of the whole this Euro thing. Yet their coach Dokuzovski definitely needed to put Pero Antic back to the court earlier in the fourth quarter. With him playing, the game can be much less nervous for Macedonians in the final minutes. I am very happy to see that Macedonia is not only building their play on the individual talents of McCalebb, Antic and Ilievski (the only legit Euro stars in this team) but also on involving very good team chemistry and sometimes really impressive ball movement. Good team with great fighting spirit playing really clever (yet slightly monotonous and not that impressive visually) bball - what more can you wish from the NT which no one predicted to enter the second round. Our last game with them can be really hard and surprisingly even. Or is it no surprise anymore?
And how can I forgot it? Of course, Bojce McCalebbovski for MVP ;)

Mermeri_Disledim
09-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Congrats Macedonia! You made that group much more exciting.

BananaJo
09-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Slovenians are in urgent need of a Bo Mccalebb.
My eyes hurt from the game :p

Kalashnikov
09-10-2011, 05:47 PM
does FYROM remind to anyone else the Greece of 2004 (in football)?

Alyosha12
09-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Slovenians didn't want to win :eek:
They didn't foul (once more, same tactic like in the game with Greece) in the last minute(s) to stop the time. Very slow offenses, even when they had a chance to win the game (last 2-2.5 min to the end). Perhaps a Slovenian member can give us some "inside" info about this tactic.

I don't think even Maljkovic could give you inside into our tactic lol. We just plainly have no offensive system whatsoever.

Robimkd
09-10-2011, 06:17 PM
As the english speaker told. Macedonia has the best defence of the EC and i would not feel 100% comfortable if I was Germany, Turkey and Serbia.

We started to celebrate our wictory 5 min from the end. I guess they started littel bit to early. But no problems as they started to focuz again.

If we only can get our 3 points working, Then we can actually win a quarterfinal. Who knows we might not even need it.

Germany beat us only by 1 point with a 3 pointer 3 sec from the end in Munchen 69 points for Germany. The only match that matters since we rested players or should i say give the channce to all players i game 2 in Berlin.

This is not a coincidence anymore, we play good basketball.

Robimkd
09-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Every team looks poor against us and the only reason is our defense.

Alyosha12
09-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Every team looks poor against us and the only reason is our defense.

The only reason is you mostly faced poor teams. Slovenia Greece and Croatia have looked poor against everyone not just you.. Sad to say.

Not that you don't have a great team, but you have only 5 great players, and that will hinder you in reaching anything more then the 1¸/4 final sad to say.

Robimkd
09-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Our team looks like Partizan when they made F4. Not only cuz of Bo but our team play is just a copy of the former Partizan coach Dusko.

I guess this system is not for lazy EL stars as in CSKA Moscow. It need team spirit and players that are are willing to do the hard work on defense.

Like the young Partizan players and Macedonian NT.

baelor
09-11-2011, 08:41 AM
What the hell had happened to Slovenia?!:eek: They looked very good in preparation games and even during beggining of the first round. More than half IBN users were counting them as medal contenders ...And now?!

Anyways congrats to Macedonia ! Even if i oppose americans in European NT issue - the team looks great defensively and plays great basketball.

I'm excited to play against Macedonia in 1/4 (most probable outcome):D

Alyosha12
09-11-2011, 09:51 AM
What the hell had happened to Slovenia?!:eek: They looked very good in preparation games and even during beggining of the first round. More than half IBN users were counting them as medal contenders ...And now?!

Anyways congrats to Macedonia ! Even if i oppose americans in European NT issue - the team looks great defensively and plays great basketball.

I'm excited to play against Macedonia in 1/4 (most probable outcome):D

You must not have been watching... We almost lost to Ukraine and Georgia lol.

B84
09-11-2011, 11:42 AM
we're pretty bad, personaly i don't like managment from maljkovic.. But in the end he cannot do anything, our shooting is just sad, only bright thing this whole EC is begic.

I don't see anything changing in our nextgame vs finland..

Joško Poljak Fan
09-11-2011, 04:44 PM
When reading that the game isn't watchable. God I would hope this wouldn't be so damn true.
Watched it for a quarter, predicted we'll catch up, to later go down by 15, just to almost catch up again in the last minutes to lose at the end, didn't bother watching the rest of the game. That's a first.

...I have to find a torrent to remember myself if Limoges was just as unwatchable, or is that basicaly a hype that's got nothing on this one?

Dissaster.

We'll end up without qualifications for Olympics and without the qualifications for eurobasket 2013 (which frankly might save us from Hungary :D) meaning we'll end up coachless and without a tournament to start to repair this dissaster our NT will need 5 years to go over.

If anyone knows of a good shrink I know of 13 pretty loaded people that are about to need one after Monday. At least Finn's deserve it... Slovenia doesn't, weather I like it or not.

pivx
09-12-2011, 06:11 AM
When reading that the game isn't watchable. God I would hope this wouldn't be so damn true.
Watched it for a quarter, predicted we'll catch up, to later go down by 15, just to almost catch up again in the last minutes to lose at the end, didn't bother watching the rest of the game. That's a first.

...I have to find a torrent to remember myself if Limoges was just as unwatchable, or is that basicaly a hype that's got nothing on this one?

Dissaster.

We'll end up without qualifications for Olympics and without the qualifications for eurobasket 2013 (which frankly might save us from Hungary :D) meaning we'll end up coachless and without a tournament to start to repair this dissaster our NT will need 5 years to go over.

If anyone knows of a good shrink I know of 13 pretty loaded people that are about to need one after Monday. At least Finn's deserve it... Slovenia doesn't, weather I like it or not.

I think you are a litlle pessimistic. Thing is that Macedonians catch us n our left foot. They belive that Macedonia is to tired etc to win. Zmago Sagadin said that i will be a miracle if MAC wins. They are to tired even to practise he said. I think that our NT had a similar thinking. But still this was the worst performance of our NT in the last 6 years. I trully hope that we manage to win today.

pliumbum
09-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Maybe I am just judging from Lithuanian experience, but I think that defensively there is no match up with France in the tournament.. Congrats to Macedonia though, they have really proved their value.

Perseus
09-12-2011, 09:34 AM
the only thing that makes your defense good is that the refs treat you like cinderella ,when they will stop you will loose.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
the only thing that makes your defense good is that the refs treat you like cinderella ,when they will stop you will loose.
... certanly it has nothing to do with some of the players on perimeter being exceptional defenders :rolleyes: funny.

I think you are a litlle pessimistic. Thing is that Macedonians catch us n our left foot. They belive that Macedonia is to tired etc to win. Zmago Sagadin said that i will be a miracle if MAC wins. They are to tired even to practise he said. I think that our NT had a similar thinking. But still this was the worst performance of our NT in the last 6 years. I trully hope that we manage to win today.
I am kind of extreme, but I am afraid I'm not overly pesimistic here.
Even if Macedonians caught us on the left foot or not, they only managed to do so due to lack of an offensive system. The game is static and players are getting overly certain (which decreases creativity) with the game scheme.
Macedonia didn't caught us on a left foot, we've prolongued that common "bad one quarter" to most of the game after the second half with Russia. Finns are unlike us playing great team basketball, the last team I would normaly like to meet, which was the first thought when I saw them against Croatia.

We're losing by 10. And if that means Maljković is gone, I even don't mind all that much.