PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Americas - Day 8 (Second Round)

J-Mart
09-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Canada 70 - 68 Uruguay (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=X&n=9&r=8433)
Levon Kendall (CAN) 19 pts, 11 rebs, 3 blks, 7-11 FG
Andy Rautins (CAN) 15 pts, 4-6 FG
Leandro Garcia (URU) 19 pts
Martin Osimani (URU) 17 pts, 5 rebs, 3 stls

Venezuela 110 - 74 Panama (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=X&n=10&r=8433)
Greivis Vazquez (VEN) 24 pts, 8 asts, 8-13 FG
Oscar Torres (VEN) 16 pts
Josimar Ayarza (PAN) 30 pts, 6 rebs, 2 blks, 11-16 FG
Ruben Garces (PAN) 14 pts, 7 rebs, 2 stls, 3 blks, 6-10 FG

Brazil 73 - 71 Argentina (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=X&n=11&r=8433)
Rafael Hettsheimer (BRA) 19 pts, 8 rebs, 2 stls, 9-11 FG
Marcelo Huertas (BRA) 17 pts
Luis Scola (ARG) 24 pts, 11 rebs, 2 stls
Emanuel "Manu" Ginobili (ARG) 14 pts

Dominican Republic 62 - 79 Puerto Rico (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=X&n=12&r=8433)
Al Horford (DR) 16 pts, 9 rebs, 7-16 FG
Jack Michael Martinez (DR) 12 pts, 9 rebs
Alex Galindo (PUR) 16 pts, 6 rebs, 5-11 3PT
Jose Juan Barea (PUR) 14 pts, 4 rebs, 7 asts

J-Mart
09-07-2011, 01:39 PM
2 huge games to finish the day... Brazil and Argentina, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.

Uruguay +5

Venezuela +20

Argentina +8

Dominican Republic +15

Ciscorlie Horford
09-07-2011, 02:07 PM
2 huge games to finish the day... Brazil and Argentina, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic.

Uruguay +5

Venezuela +20

Argentina +8

Dominican Republic +15
:eek::eek: who are we trying to kid? PR by 20

Mojado
09-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Canada +1
Venezuela +5
Argentina +10
Puerto Rico +3

saalsapr
09-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Canada +1
Venezuela +5
Argentina +10
Puerto Rico +3

Mojado you a pilot or something, everytime theres a new flag hehe.

Hmm lets see

Uruguay vs Canada = Canada wins by 5

Venezuela vs Panama = Venezuela wins by 15

Brazil vs Argentina = Argentina wins by 10 (hope Brazil doesnt give the game)

Puerto Rico vs Dominican Republic = DR wins by 5

J-Mart
09-07-2011, 03:15 PM
:eek::eek: who are we trying to kid? PR by 20

with Daniel out, its a new ball game, all DR will do is pound it inside. Jack Michael is too much to handle for us, then we have to contain Horford. Sadly it will be in Argentina... :D

Fight Alert... Alamo vs Jack Michael

saalsapr
09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Alamo ko's the dominican Ben Wallace with a cross right to the chin, and qualifies for the London Olympics in the boxing category.:D

J-Mart
09-07-2011, 04:25 PM
tough loss for Uruguay. Huge game for Venezuela coming up

Ciscorlie Horford
09-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Alamo ko's the dominican Ben Wallace with a cross right to the chin, and qualifies for the London Olympics in the boxing category.:D

I don't get why people compare Jack Michael with Ben Wallace, isn't was like a realy good defender? have you ever seen Jack Michael playing defense? if you answer yes, then go get your eyes check.

anyway, I said it before and I said again, we don't have a PG anymore, look at what Panama did without point guards. It was very obvious last game that we need one badly. and Flores has been playing great but if you play him as a point guard then you are taking away from his offensive game, and he is our best overall shooter, and that hurts even more when our best 3 pt shooter, garcia, is having a really bad tournament and has only been a factor on defense, and the other decent shooter on the team is not seen action because he is coming from an injury, yeah another f'ing one.

Plus we are playing without our starting 3, Eulis has been at times the glue that has hold the team togetehr both on defense and offense even though you can't see that on the stat sheet. because of that he are force to use a small foward that does not have a shot, not a mid-range shot, not a three point shot, he can only make lay-ups and dunks, what do you need a lay-up machine for in a team that is struggling with the exterior shot:confused:

act to that the fact that Eulis also, played some 4 at times but now we don't even have bigmen to rest Jack Michael or Al Horford. Al played like 38 minutes last game.

tres equis
09-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Venezuela vs Panama - Ven +10

Brazil vs Argentina - Arg +15

Dominican Republic vs Puerto Rico - PR+10

tres equis
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
I don't get why people compare Jack Michael with Ben Wallace, isn't was like a realy good defender? have you ever seen Jack Michael playing defense? if you answer yes, then go get your eyes check.

anyway, I said it before and I said again, we don't have a PG anymore, look at what Panama did without point guards. It was very obvious last game that we need one badly. and Flores has been playing great but if you play him as a point guard then you are taking away from his offensive game, and he is our best overall shooter, and that hurts even more when our best 3 pt shooter, garcia, is having a really bad tournament and has only been a factor on defense, and the other decent shooter on the team is not seen action because he is coming from an injury, yeah another f'ing one.

Plus we are playing without our starting 3, Eulis has been at times the glue that has hold the team togetehr both on defense and offense even though you can't see that on the stat sheet. because of that he are force to use a small foward that does not have a shot, not a mid-range shot, not a three point shot, he can only make lay-ups and dunks, what do you need a lay-up machine for in a team that is struggling with the exterior shot:confused:

act to that the fact that Eulis also, played some 4 at times but now we don't even have bigmen to rest Jack Michael or Al Horford. Al played like 38 minutes last game.

The comparison to ben wallace is because of his hair, that's all.

J-Mart
09-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Venezuela controls their own destiny. A win vs Uruguay gives them the berth for the Olympic Qualifier.

Canada needs to win and Venezuela to lose.

Uruguay has no chance

Panama has a game left

saalsapr
09-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Jack

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/082L8X87bF51b/350x.jpg

Ben

http://beat.bodog.eu/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ben_wallace1.jpg

guilherme.rcf
09-07-2011, 10:51 PM
What a game again. After exactly 1 year of that game in Turkey, sept. 7th, we finally beat the great Argentina.

I think that this win shows a change of ages. From 2012 on, Brazil will become the best national team in south america again.

zik013
09-07-2011, 10:54 PM
lol, what happens now.. nobody wants to win the PR - DR game :)

GustavoGanso
09-07-2011, 11:16 PM
what a game again. After exactly 1 year of that game in turkey, sept. 7th, we finally beat the great argentina.

I think that this win shows a change of ages. From 2012 on, brazil will become the best national team in south america again.

its brazil!!!!!!!!

Against all people!!!!!!!!

Refs and fans!!!!!!! Lets go my brazil!!!

Puerto rico tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!! :d:d:d:d:d

J-Mart
09-07-2011, 11:18 PM
lol, what happens now.. nobody wants to win the PR - DR game :)

lol u dont know nothing about PR and DR if u write something like that.

saalsapr
09-07-2011, 11:31 PM
Argentina is in hot water now.

With this first loss Brazil, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic's confidence of beating Argentina goes up.

Now we have a tournament my friends!:D

J-Mart
09-07-2011, 11:35 PM
For those who dont know... we can lose every game from tomorrow on... we must win vs the DR... just because it's the DR... even if we play with our C team

GustavoGanso
09-07-2011, 11:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clk27mXwiwE

brazilian victory!

J-Mart
09-08-2011, 12:13 AM
the refs owe us a possesion on that backcourt

J-Mart
09-08-2011, 12:50 AM
DR will come back in the 4th quarter... Im 10 minutes away from having eternal bragging rights :D

Waneko
09-08-2011, 01:19 AM
Nice effort by PR in the second half.

Ciscorlie Horford
09-08-2011, 01:21 AM
nice!!, now all we have to do is lose to Argentina and make it seem like we are playing hard

say hello to Argentina in the next round for me PR :D

J-Mart
09-08-2011, 01:26 AM
nice!!, now all we have to do is lose to Argentina and make it seem like we are playing hard

say hello to Argentina in the next round for me PR :D

we will, and we will beat them :D

GustavoGanso
09-08-2011, 02:15 AM
Congrats to PUR

but tomorrow will not be easy

saalsapr
09-08-2011, 02:30 AM
Congrats to PUR

but tomorrow will not be easy

Are you scared Gustavo? I sure am.:D

We just have to win, you guys just have to lose by less than 10 and we face each other again in the semifinals.

JGX
09-08-2011, 02:35 AM
So...Canada blows a 21-point lead, but Uruguay misses five shots on their last possession. And three shots the possession before that.

It'll be really sad if Venezuela doesn't hang on to the fifth position.

J-Mart
09-08-2011, 11:01 AM
IBN MVP of the Day
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/15200000/14-Levon-KENDALL-Canada-basketball-15210383-400-551.jpg
Levon Kendall (Canada)