Levenspiel
09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
7-Sep-2011
21:00 (GMT+3)
Vilnius Arena

Looks like the game of the day to me.

hustlerlt
09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
This will be a hard one for us.Although when we met last year,we won pretty easily,but then we had Kleiza,who scored 33 points.In my opinion both teams are pretty equal,but because we have the homecourt advantage and will be playing in Vilnius,where the arena is a lot better than in Panevezys,I expect and hope us to come out with the victory,although I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one.Expect a long and close game,that might even go into overtime.I just hope that the refs won't blindly help us or serbs and will only do their jobs.

inefeswetrust
09-06-2011, 04:05 PM
This will be a hard one for us.Although when we met last year,we won pretty easily,but then we had Kleiza,who scored 33 points.

serbs were almost dead that day, after the game against turkey.

Picek
09-06-2011, 04:22 PM
anywhere outside of Lithuania this Serbia would win this Lithuania..easily..
but with liths getting the energy boost from the crowd it's hard to tell..
I'm still leaning towards Serbia winning it simply because of the way they played their last two games but neither Germany or France could shoot from perimeter which made Serbian job easier (when panzers started hitting three game was already out of reach) and with Lithuania it will be different..
also Lith ball preserving ability will play a big factor against strong defence Serbs are playing when Teodosić is out of the picture..
it should be fun..

Shawshank
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM
all games agains serbs are special.WE have rich history with them.WE dont like them a lot,but we respect their basketball school and their strong mentality.I think as always our game agains serbia gonna go to the wire...

Its very important game for both sides,team which gonna end up short tommorow in round7 gonna face almost elimination game versus France/spain so i suggest to both sides better you WIN :)

madmax
09-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm leaning towards Serbia here for a simple reason - nobody from our team can defend perimeter and Serbia has plenty of deadly shooters to exploit this huge weakness of ours. They also look to be more balanced and younger team, which is not good news to us. Serbia by +7

tiro1
09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
Two of the traditional powers of Europian basketball clash in a very important game. I voted for Serbia to win but this can go either way. I am hoping for buzzer beaters, overtime etc... :D

Dule_Vujosevic
09-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I give Serbia, lets say, 55-45 advantage.
Personally i dont like Lithuania style of basketball (?)...cant explain, only player that isn't so much ignorant to me is Valanciunas only cause he is 5 and have huge potential.
I expect tight game, and i really think this game is Teodosic's game. He's been playing for the team whole tournament and i think now hell have 5-6 assists, but 20+ points.

alobar
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
If Serbia can score 3pts% close to their average and if the home court factor doesn't change the game completely, I think Serbia will win this.

anonimus
09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
all games agains serbs are special.WE have rich history with them.WE dont like them a lot,but we respect their basketball school and their strong mentality.I think as always our game agains serbia gonna go to the wire...

Its very important game for both sides,team which gonna end up short tommorow in round7 gonna face almost elimination game versus France/spain so i suggest to both sides better you WIN :)

It s gonna be huge pressure on our team if Turkey beat France..
looking forward to watch Turkey vs France and Lithuania vs Serbia...

Marty
09-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Hard to predict. If the championship took place in other country i would certainly bet on Serbia. They surely are a better team. But now, the home advantage is a big advantage for us. In Vilnius the atmosphere will be crazy, much better than in Panevezys and the players will be fully concentrated. I hope the luck will be on our side.

Ludidzukac1988
09-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I would say this is a 50-50 game. No offense to Lithuanians but i think we have a better team. The only thing i am scared of (and thats why i think chances are 50-50) is if Lithuania starts making consecutive 3pts, which is clearly one of their main weapons. When you add a home court advantage to that it's clear that it will be a very interesting encounter, in which i hope Serbia will come out as a winner :)

Darknemo2000
09-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Serbia is a better team. As it has been said the current Serbia would beat the Current Lithuania (where is that active defense from last year gone to? We are good at O but our D is just too awful) on any other place. But its in lithuania and thats where the match becomes unpredictable.

Debord
09-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I think lithuania can surprise us with a win.

gockun
09-06-2011, 07:40 PM
i hope lith. win this game, but serbs are closer to win i guess. but if lits can make pressure enough and show how talented they are behind the arc, it is not that far for them to win this game.

Grinder
09-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Teodosic/Markovic > Kalneitis/Jasikevicius
Rasic/Tepic < Kaukenas/Pocius
Keselj/Bjelica > Jasaitis
Savanovic/Macvan = Jankunas/Songaila/Lavrinovic
Krstic/Perovic > Javtokas/Valanciunas
Ivkovic >> Kemzura
Perimeter shooting: Serbia
Defense: Serbia
Crowd support: Lithuania
Team chemistry is equal.

Should be a barn burner. I'd give the edge to Serbia but crowd support might be enough to overcome that.

scream2207
09-06-2011, 08:07 PM
this is the type of game where we will really miss our star player kleiza and maciulis (also lavrinovic brother).. but i still believe we can win this, it will be a very tight game however and +5 points vicotry at best, also i belive serbia should've won that last mach against france, they looked liek a better team

Earendil
09-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I hav huge respect for Lithuanian basketball and i think they are favourite for this game specially coz we had really hard game yesterday

toxmarius
09-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Keselj/Bjelica > Jasaitis
Ivkovic >> Kemzura
Perimeter shooting: Serbia

Not sure about those bro..

LTbotd
09-06-2011, 08:50 PM
I believe Serbia is a better team and they should be the favorite, but with our home support anything can happen. IMO 45% v 55% for Serbia.

Grinder
09-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Not sure about those bro..

Here's my reasoning. At this point in his career, I think Jasaitis doesn't have much to offer if his 3 pt shooting isn't clicking whereas Keselj can still provide better defense and finishing ability in transition while Bjelica offers a versatile skill set off the bench.

Ivkovic has proven to be one of the elite European coaches while Kemzura doesn't have the credentials that Ivkovic has yet...he could someday be on that level

As for perimeter shooting:
Serbian long range threats: Teodosic, Rasic, Tepic, Bjelica, Keselj, Savanovic, Macvan, Paunic
Lithuania: Kalnietis, Kaukenas, Jasikevicius, Jasaitis, Lavrinovic, Jankunas, Delininkaitis

phonix
09-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Serbia 10+

Blackway
09-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Another easy meal for Lithuania. Same as with Turkey but Serbia is more stronger.

Finally a chance for me to upgrade my signature :D

Straight forward
09-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Ivkovič said that Lithuania had much better team in Turkey. It's a nice help because I can't figure out what Lithuania is in this tournament. Pretty sure it's 50/50 game.

damelo
09-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Probably a game with the two teams that will propose the most advanced game, with deeply worked out systems, very precise.
Two teams with very interesting rosters, and lithuanians at home.

Actually, I was quite impressed with Krstic level against France. Perovic is really a lower class player, but can be of good use for a few minutes.
Teodosic will continue to find some solutions to feed the shooters, and inside players. It's hard for me to talk about this team, they played so well against France, that sometimes they seemed to be one player. Only had issues with France players quickness, and ability to compete for the rebound.
On the other hand, Lithuania should have the weapons to fight them on the rebound. And no quick PG to come and steal the ball from the weak side before to pass has left the hands of Teodosic.

Should be one of the best games to watch in this Euro, I hope it will be commented in France by Monclar and Cozette.

SunOverHStreet
09-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Should be one of the best games to watch in this Euro, I hope it will be commented in France by Monclar and Cozette.
Don't know about those two, but I watched some games with George Eddy's comment and I was really annoyed with his americanized French, even though I understood his French more (I understand French a little, especially when speaking with Arabs or when my uncle speaks it:D).
BTW, Canal+ is very professional TV station, especially their sports section.

damelo
09-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Don't know about those two, but I watched some games with George Eddy's comment and I was really annoyed with his americanized French, even though I understood his French more (I understand French a little, especially when speaking with Arabs or when my uncle speaks it:D).
BTW, Canal+ is very professional TV station, especially their sports section.

Haha, what's up SOHS?

Well, George Eddy is good, but he is not a natural French speaker, and not a coach like Monclar is. Monclar is very present in French ball, being a former player, coach, and now TV consultant. He also sometimes help young players by training them, giving advices. He knows a lot about the game.
And the fact they are really French, and both only dedicated to Basketball, makes they have funny nicknames, private jokes, etc, that makes the game funnier to watch. Really a very good duet, and the voices of the French basketball now.

George Eddy is commenting for Eurobasket with a guy that knows more handball. And they don't have the same speaking rythm. They just describe the game. Some say he is still one of the best shooters on the French territory.

Straight forward
09-06-2011, 11:18 PM
As for perimeter shooting:
Serbian long range threats: Teodosic, Rasic, Tepic, Bjelica, Keselj, Savanovic, Macvan, Paunic
Lithuania: Kalnietis, Kaukenas, Jasikevicius, Jasaitis, Lavrinovic, Jankunas, Delininkaitis

Disagree completely! :D

Serbia has one shooter (range threat as you said) Teodosic. Lithuania has two - Jasikevičius and Jasaitis. Others don't qualify, let's not brutalise the term of shooter, that's an art.

There were times when Lithuania had 4 shooters in one team - Jasikevičius, Macijauskas, Štombergas, Šiškauskas. That team could barely face defeat. Good old days.

SunOverHStreet
09-06-2011, 11:29 PM
Haha, what's up SOHS?
What can I say... Still in the gutter, as usual. Hahaha
I really hope that we'll meet again and drink that beer, man (but not in Paris, they skinned me there to the bone with their prices:D).
What's going on with you? PM me if you want...

Well, George Eddy is good, but he is not a natural French speaker, and not a coach like Monclar is. Monclar is very present in French ball, being a former player, coach, and now TV consultant. He also sometimes help young players by training them, giving advices. He knows a lot about the game.
And the fact they are really French, and both only dedicated to Basketball, makes they have funny nicknames, private jokes, etc, that makes the game funnier to watch. Really a very good duet, and the voices of the French basketball now.
George Eddy is commenting for Eurobasket with a guy that knows more handball. And they don't have the same speaking rythm. They just describe the game. Some say he is still one of the best shooters on the French territory.
Well, I'll try to find a broadcast with those two commenting. But, I can't promise that I'll understand anything except numbers or simple words like la possession, l'attaque, la défense...:D

Tesla
09-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Home court advantage is going to carry Liths across the line. Gonna be interesting to see Jonas against Krstic.

At this stage, if there were an option I would rather beat those Spanish pricks more than anyone else.

Hepcat
09-07-2011, 02:16 AM
serbs were almost dead that day, after the game against turkey.

The Serbs may be a bit drained emotionally this time as well after Monday's tough one point OT loss to France.

:cool:

Legend
09-07-2011, 05:02 AM
Ivkovič said that Lithuania had much better team in Turkey. It's a nice help because I can't figure out what Lithuania is in this tournament. Pretty sure it's 50/50 game.

Going by Serbian media he didn't say that Lithuania was weaker this time around. He compared last years team to this year by saying that Lithuania is more experienced at Euro's but it lacks energy and motivation of World's team.

As for the game today I think there are only two factors that will decide the game.

1. How well Lithuania shoot's form 6.75m
2. If the game is tight in the last quarter how well Serbian players handle the electric energy and pressure from the fans.

Perseus
09-07-2011, 05:15 AM
stop that nonsense with Duda please ,Duda these days is not one of the best in Europe,after Siena and the loss from PAO lost a lot of his credibility.

AiwiTo
09-07-2011, 05:32 AM
I dont agree that Serbia have better squad, or is a better team. I believe these two teams is so equal, that if they play best of 7 game serias, the result would be 4-3..and I dont know wo which side. Im expecting very tight game, very intense game and a lot of support from fans, what should be a lot for our players. we will be playing 6 to 5, so i expect just a win here.
I believe its most important game in this tournament so far for both teams, and the winner possible go till the final.

If we will shoot as we can, it we as hot as in the hell for the Serbs.. I respect their basketball a lot, maybe most of all other countries, and the batter between these two countries is so excited! I will be waiting it all the day..

edit:

added some stats:

Points per game - Serbia 2nd (86.4) Lithuania 3rd (85.8);
Points allowed - Lithuania 13th (74.8) Serbia 14th (77.2);
Field goal percentage - Lithuania 1st (55.6) Serbia 6th (47.3);
2-points percentage - Lithuania 2nd (58.1) Serbia 8th (52.8);
3-points percentage - Lithuania 1st (48.6) Serbia 5th (37.9);
Rebounds - Serbia 3rd (38) Lithuania 5th (37.4);
Assists - Serbia 1st (20.4) Lithuania 4th (19);
Turnovers - Serbia 11th (13.8) Lithuania 7th (15.6);

From this stats i cant see which of these teams is better or worse..
From the stats, its the best 2 teams in the tournament so far, i believe..

surfer
09-07-2011, 06:59 AM
First of all Serbian team does not look as good as last year, but Lithuanians do not as well, it seems they lost something (apart from Kleiza) in the team chemistry. I would like to see a Lithuanian victory but I also think that Serbs will against Spain, Spain will win against France and Germany so things will be complicated, the only way for us (Turkey) seems to be Lithuania losing to Serbia and France. So I am with Serbia this time.
But if Serbia loses to Lithuania, Spain and then to us, I am OK with that too:)

kyosphere
09-07-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm not impressed with Lithuania lately and I would say "W for Serbs" without a second thought if only this game would be in different country. So I agree with the majority and say it's a 50/50 game

Boki Nachbar
09-07-2011, 08:28 AM
imo serbian nt is always the favorite one in this tournament regardless who the opponents are.

i don't think lithuania could make any trouble.

Civilis
09-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Serbian team is young and talented, but they are not the powerhouse of European basketball that it was in the last decade. It is just an orderly elite team like some 6 other teams in the European basketball, and I still regard Teodosic as the most overrated point guard in today's Euroleague. Guys like Krstic, Keselj and others are ok, but no stars of global caliber. The same observation goes to the Lithuanian roster - no individual stars, yet strong collective team mentality.

I'd say the today's chances are 55/45 to Lithuania and the other way around should the game be happening in Serbia.

Funny when people are saying that Serbia is "clearly superior", Lithuania got no chance, bla bla bla... Is that because of some subconscious hostility to the hosts of the Eurobasket? At this stage and especially in this group, any team can prevail against any team in any match, but home court factor still gives superiority.

BTW, if you watch the original video of Ivkovic interview he never said that Lithuanian NT of 2010 was better than NT v.2011. He only said that Lithuania was better than Serbia in 2010, but now it is a different team. Meaning, just DIFFERENT - with another set of strengths and weaknesses.

Anyway, we will all see it on the court tonight. :)

Rycka
09-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Easy win, can't see Serbians wining in Vilnius, +5 i think for Lithuania. If match was played in Kaunas i would say +15 for Lithuania.

While Lithuania isn't looking that good so far, ppl forget that tournament is long, and i think it's our strategy to gain best shape in the end phase of EC.

alobar
09-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Easy win, can't see Serbians wining in Vilnius, +5 i think for Lithuania. If match was played in Kaunas i would say +15 for Lithuania.

While Lithuania isn't looking that good so far, ppl forget that tournament is long, and i think it's our strategy to gain best shape in the end phase of EC.

Easy win by +5? hmm...:rolleyes:

benicense
09-07-2011, 10:33 AM
This is a nice match with two great teams, both countries are key points in the map of basketball. I expect a tough match, a close win. I voted for Lithuania, their crowd is amazing and will give them the extra motivation they need to beat Serbia.

Dule_Vujosevic
09-07-2011, 10:58 AM
stop that nonsense with Duda please ,Duda these days is not one of the best in Europe,after Siena and the loss from PAO lost a lot of his credibility.
lol.
gj if you compared olympiakos and serbia, and if you forget duda's influence on team he manage through years and also influence on players.
He gets Keselj firstly to play max on his game, this is the team that see Duda like their father.
It's a shame to talk like that, i didn't see any of you complain on Ivkovic while Olympiakos was trashing teams, before that bad serie.
Im sure that Ivkovic is much better coach than Kemzura, his experience means alot in tight and important games.

Perseus
09-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Keselj and Teodosic playing in the same team with the same coach and they were shit all the year .that's the truth...

anonimus
09-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Keselj and Teodosic playing in the same team with the same coach and they were shit all the year .that's the truth...

maybe Teo have a injury problem?:rolleyes:
take back Yanakis as a coach..pretty good coach for such a club:p

eal
09-07-2011, 12:47 PM
ESPN3.com isn't listing this game on their broadcast schedule. Surely they are showing this game and this is just an oversight? They have broadcast every game of the tournament so far I think.

unnamed
09-07-2011, 01:03 PM
That's because, apart from few foreign players, they got a lot of anti-talented Greeks there who act like stars just because the club is Greek :cool:

Bassline
09-07-2011, 02:54 PM
This is going to be a cracking match. A coin toss! Can't wait!

Gonzaka
09-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Latisevs refereeing...

DarkoMVP
09-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Krstic abusing Lithuania bigs

CG
09-07-2011, 06:12 PM
That's because, apart from few foreign players, they got a lot of anti-talented Greeks there who act like stars just because the club is Greek :cool:

When you shoot and shoot and shoot and smash the boards
Or when you make mistakes all the time and ruin offences then it's your fault too.

Adon
09-07-2011, 06:16 PM

The "anti-talented Greeks" are : Papaloukas, Spanoulis, Bourousis, Mavrokefalides etc. You are ridiculous and this comes from a PAO fan :p

bukefalos
09-07-2011, 06:17 PM
after orhun ene sucks, i want ivkovic :o

CG
09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
The Greek idiot sportscaster hatzipaparas after Saras 3
Left dribble right shoot:confused::eek::D

madmax
09-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Is there still any doubt that Jonas should start over Javtokas now? Or is he still "too young" for some lithuanians here?:rolleyes:

Gonzaka
09-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Jasikevičius is a perennial player. Amazing his performance!

But Lamonica is the MVP.

madmax
09-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Jasikevičius is a perennial player. Amazing his performance!

But Lamonica is the MVP.

:mad:
This dude never keeps to amaze us...

Gonzaka
09-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Is there still any doubt that Jonas should start over Javtokas now? Or is he still "too young" for some lithuanians here?:rolleyes:Every minute without Jonas is a wasted minute by Lithuania.

AiwiTo
what 2 stupid fouls......

CG
The "anti-talented Greeks" are : Papaloukas, Spanoulis, Bourousis, Mavrokefalides etc. You are ridiculous and this comes from a PAO fan :p

He is Serbian
So you know they are the best in the world at everything;)

AQo
09-07-2011, 06:30 PM
The perimeter D has improved a lot.Good to see.

CG
09-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Lithuania scores downtown again and again:D
Nice game to watch

bukefalos
09-07-2011, 06:36 PM
kalnietis on fire :D

pablonis
Are they fucking blind!?!?!

What was Jasaitis' foul for? Or Jankunas' at the end of 1st Q. Pocius' block on Krstic was clean too.

AiwiTo
Today is Kalnietis birthday! he want to take a present by himself!

Cuneyt
09-07-2011, 06:38 PM
It is a good game so far...
But LT need to find the play in the paint. They can not keep shooting 75%.

scream2207
09-07-2011, 06:39 PM
talk about refs helping, only team tahts getting help right now are serbs

Cuneyt
09-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Do you (in general) never get tired of bitching & moaning about refs?

Gonzaka
09-07-2011, 06:46 PM
talk about refs helping, only team tahts getting help right now are serbsBut the last foul on Krstic was huge.

Anyway, great game, great Lithuania.

madmax
09-07-2011, 06:48 PM
But the last foul on Krstic was huge.

Anyway, great game, great Lithuania.

yup, Krstic was murdered there:D
Anyway, Lamonica will make sure to let himself be known and will whistle some bogus fouls against us in the second half - guaranteed:rolleyes:

Buzissa
09-07-2011, 06:48 PM
This last play was definitely a foul. Anyway, the refs have been good and the game even better. Lithuania has been perfect offensively.

AmonRA
09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
defence.. what is that?:rolleyes:

Darknemo2000
09-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Jonas been really good. javtokas sucks on offense like always.

AiwiTo
09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I dont like to complain about refs, but its strange when they interfering the game.. free throws attempted - 18 to 6 for serbs..okey, many fouls was deserved, and many FT.. But some whistles was very strange.. For both sides..referes cant be visible in a game..

what about our offence? I CAN'T SEE WHO CAN STOP US IF WE WILL SHOOT LIKE THIS ALL THE GAMES! :D again, 3pointes 7/10 (yes, we were 1st in this category before game), and percentage of field golds is 68,8% and it is just awesome!

Shawshank
09-07-2011, 06:50 PM
bravo lietuva keep this fighting spirit! Show those unbelievers that heart and determination is usually beating tallent !

tiro1
09-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Serbia is prety lucky to be so close to the game after that first half of Lithuania. I wouldnt be surprised if we see a much different second half.

hustlerlt
09-07-2011, 06:54 PM
We're looking like Spain did against us on offense.

bukefalos
09-07-2011, 06:55 PM
i am tired of following the Lithuania offense.
great

unnamed
09-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes, Lithuania is playing great. When you have millimeter open you just shoot and hit. Serbian team is made out of veeeery slow players, like Perovic and Macvan, who simply can't keep pace even against my younger brother in 1 on 1 situations.

Only good performance so far from Krstic and so-so Keselj and Tepic...

Anyway 2 more quarters to go, so we will see, but I really doubt we can turn this around

AQo
I cringe every time i see Javtokas backing up :D

Picek
We're looking like Spain did against us on offense.

only thing is that Spain then had 20 point advantage at HT and this game is still reachable for the serbs..
actually with this kind of shooting the difference had to be more then 15 points..

UluSouness
Is there still any doubt that Jonas should start over Javtokas now? Or is he still "too young" for some lithuanians here?:rolleyes:

I don't think he should start - too much pressure for a 19 year old. BUT he definitely should get more minutes, definitely. This is what I wanted to see from him, aggressive and great plays all-around.

He moves so well on the pick-n-rolls.

Basketball Owner
Very interesting introduction into tonight's game

Video: Saras vs Teo (http://www.basknet.info/?p=876)

Teodosic is a dirty player, I think...:D

Joško Poljak Fan
09-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Both teams are having a great offensive performances. Ivković definately won't be happy about his team receiving as many points.
The Siemens arena has a huge effect compared to Cido.
In Cido arena Lithuania seemed as a likely candidate for not to reaching the quarterfinals, as for now... noone will even consider such a bold prediction.

I don't want to go on or off Valančiunas's bandwagon - I love the way he plays and his offensive skills are amazing. Yet, he can't put up with Krstić. Yes, Javtokas had many issues guarding him as well, yet Serbs aren't pushing the ball to Krstić as often as they do with Jonas in the game. Give Jonas a year or two as it's a matter of physical development solely.

Shawshank
09-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Serbia is prety lucky to be so close to the game after that first half of Lithuania. I wouldnt be surprised if we see a much different second half.

i agree as we were shooting this half we should by ahead by 20 .Im little bit worry,what will happen when our shouts wont fall in second half...its not over when its over when this too team usually plays.Serbia wont give up they are very tough mentally.

Gonzaka
09-07-2011, 07:01 PM
I don't think he should start - too much pressure for a 19 year old.Pressure for starting a game? Omri Casspi started a lot of games at Maccabi (included Final Four) with the same age and he made good performances.

Jonas must be starter.

AiwiTo
09-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Teodosic on fire!!! :D

AQo
Well that was a stupid thing to do by Teodosic

UluSouness
Pressure for starting a game? Omri Casspi started a lot of games at Maccabi (included Final Four) with the same age and he made good performances.

Jonas must be starter.

That's your opinion and I respect it, but I stay behind my comment. He will probably be a starter sooner rather than later.

BTW I really like this head 2 head between Saras & Teodosic :D

Teo getting a technical as I type this.. he's mad. :eek:

madmax
09-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Teodosic LMAO:D
What a baby...

MrRager
09-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Bench technical foul?? When TeoCRYBABYdosic was shouting things like "Picku materu" towards the refs?? OMG, you have got to be kidding me with these refs.

Cuneyt
09-07-2011, 07:16 PM
This is the point Serbs need to clamp up the "D".

But it does not seem to be happening so far.

gockun
09-07-2011, 07:17 PM
great offence by Liths and wow Valanciunas doing the best P&R's. but that fouls could hurts Liths..

madmax
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Jonas is gonna be an All-Star in NBA in 2 or 3 years...there, I said it:cool:

Darknemo2000
09-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Jonas is gonna be an All-Star in NBA in 2 or 3 years...there, I said it:cool:

Dont say too much k. jonas is playing great but needs lots of work on D.

AiwiTo
09-07-2011, 07:23 PM
68-78, should not it be the score after the game, but not after 3 QT? :D

Gonzaka
09-07-2011, 07:23 PM
What did Kalnietis eat today for playing like this??

Amazing Lithuania at the 3pt shooting.

hustlerlt
09-07-2011, 07:24 PM

It's his birthday today I think,so it's no surprise to me that he's hitting ridiculous shots.

Carick235
09-07-2011, 07:25 PM
omg lithuania 10/16 3PT...

AQo
09-07-2011, 07:32 PM
omg lithuania 10/16 3PT...

That's what Spain shot on us in the 1st half :o

madmax
09-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Anytime Jonas is on the floor, we make runs...and yet he still plays as a sub to freaking Javtokas:rolleyes: Mad world we are living in...

Sky7
09-07-2011, 07:34 PM
if Teodosic will fix his head he will be amazing

Cuneyt
09-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Though it is fun to watch...it is ridiculous to have this many 3 pointers attempted and made in this game. (34 attempted and 17 made so far)

Richey666
09-07-2011, 07:37 PM
No love lost between Teo and Jasik :D we may see a fight here.

AQo
09-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Teodosic is a good player,but a total nutcase.

Cuneyt
09-07-2011, 07:41 PM
It is kinda funny. Serbian players seem to be surprised that a faul is called, when it is a CLEAR foul :)

Cuneyt
09-07-2011, 07:43 PM
I do not speak the language, but I guess the crowd wants 100 :D

SaliH
09-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Our last game is against the serbians, right?
I'm not sure that my heart could take one more game like the games we played since the start of the tournament. :D

alejandro
09-07-2011, 07:45 PM
That is total domination already, the crowd is sick by the way, it'd be awesome to be there

Cuneyt
09-07-2011, 07:49 PM
I do not speak the language, but I guess the crowd wants 100 :D

And 100 it is.

Shame of a defence.

Gonzaka
09-07-2011, 07:51 PM
And 100 it is.

Shame of a defence.Thankfully to the 2+1 given free.

Congratulations, liths. Great game!

AiwiTo
09-07-2011, 07:52 PM
It was just amazing game, nothing to say, just celebrateeee!!!!!!!!!!

madmax
09-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Not much to add, but we own serbs for the last few years or so:D
No disrespect to balkan warriors though...

Vlatko.klp
09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Congrats Lietuva, what a game... 100 points!!

AQo
09-07-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm waiting for the guy with the 3:1 signature :D

Buzissa
Great game indeed. It's a shame Serbia couldn't keep it closer.

bukefalos
amazing offensive performance from Lithuania.
-valanciunas shows why he is 5# pick overall.
-jasikevicius :respect: :D
congratulations to Lithuanians

on the other hand serbia forgot defence in the last 2 games.

who will get the last ticket turkey or serbia ? :)
we will see. it will be great match

unnamed
Great game by Lithuania. No further comment is needed about these guys.

Serbia again playing with just 3 players Teodosic, Krstic and Keselj. Others are bust, but anyway I predicted to lose this game, so only two more to go and we will lose both ;)

gockun
09-07-2011, 07:57 PM
great shooting, and jasikevicius has still something to say..

alobar
09-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Lithuania was on fire tonight.

On top of the terrible defense of Serbia let's not forget the huge positive impact of Siemens arena.

I am getting excited as I'll there on Sunday:)

Darihno 5150
09-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Congratulations Liths well deserved victory.Our defence is pathetic.

Darknemo2000
09-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Thankfully to the 2+1 given free.

Truthfully I think it should have been unsportsman foul without that 2+1 but that would have been even worse for Serbia I guess.

Adon
09-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Congrats Lithuanian friends. Great game.
One Greek friend was insisting that Serbia is a higher level team than Lithuania. I suppose that he has changed his mind now ;)

gockun
Great game by Lithuania. No further comment is needed about these guys.

Serbia again playing with just 3 players Teodosic, Krstic and Keselj. Others are bust, but anyway I predicted to lose this game, so only two more to go and we will lose both ;)
why do you say so you were a litle unlucky tonight i think your team still does the right things except defence and still you have a shot. but ofcourse i want you to loose both games :p

Hepcat

Mantas five of seven today from the three stripe and nineteen points!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g434/Balticprince/AMantaR.jpg

:cool:

I wonder whether this game will put an end to all the talk that Lithuania is just a mediocre team but with home court advantage?

:confused:

AiwiTo
09-07-2011, 08:01 PM
PG nr.1 - 19 pts 7 ast 1 reb 1 st 3 turn (yep, Kalnietis!)
PG nr.2 - 14 pts 7 ast 3 reb 2 turn (yep, OLD JASIKEVICIUS!!!)

and JV had the best game of the tournament - 18 pts 5 reb 1 ast 1 st 2 bl 4 turn!

SaliH
09-07-2011, 08:01 PM
amazing offensive performance from Lithuania.
-valanciunas shows why he is 5# pick overall.
-jasikevicius :respect: :D
congratulations to Lithuanians

on the other hand serbia forgot defence in the last 2 games.

who will get the last ticket turkey or serbia ? :)
we will see. it will be great match

Why he couldn't play like that while He was in Fenerbahce :D

gockun
09-07-2011, 08:02 PM
Truthfully I think it should have been unsportsman foul without that 2+1 but that would have been even worse for Serbia I guess.
that could be a little harsh for that position. if so there should be 8-10
unsportsman fouls for each game eurobasket 2011.

unnamed
09-07-2011, 08:04 PM
why do you say so you were a litle unlucky tonight i think your team still does the right things except defence and still you have a shot. but ofcourse i want you to loose both games :p

I didn't said we were unlucky tonight but we got no other GOOD PLAYERS than Krstic, Keselj and Teodosic, other players are just middle/low class :)

AiwiTo
Why he couldn't play like that while He was in Fenerbahce :D

because he had not JV, Pocius, Jasaitis in his team :D

SunOverHStreet
What can I say... Jesus, 100 points, that was unbelievable. Great game by Liths and congratulations to them, they deserved it! BTW, amazing audience, they really pushed their NT to this marvelous display.

Serbia needs to pull out the most from next two matches, 'cause this doesn't look good right now. I'm just wondering why Ivković brought Paunić and Marjanović if he haven't planed to use them at all. In this tight schedule, I believe it's important to use every player on the roster. Serbia desperately needs one more big guy in rotation.

tiro1
Amazing game by Lithuania.

Great victory for them in a very crucial game. Awesome attacking performance infront of a great crowd.

A harsh lesson for Serbia the second loss in a row and i want to see how it will affect them.

I admire the mentality of the Serbia team. Believing in victory and fighting to the end. With this Lithuania though, all night would have been not enough.

Darknemo2000
09-07-2011, 08:05 PM
that could be a little harsh for that position. if so there should be 8-10
unsportsman fouls for each game eurobasket 2011.

Well Jonas was going for a dunk as he left Krstic behind and Krstic grabbed him by a shoulder with no intention to get the ball at all.

They gave Unsportsman foul on Teo for even less against Javtokas.

alobar
09-07-2011, 08:10 PM
I wonder whether this game will put an end to all the talk that Lithuania is just a mediocre team but with home court advantage?

Well, as you won it at home court I don't think that will have any impact on that argument, although I don't think Lithuania is a mediocre team.

Deschain
09-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Mantas five of seven from the three stripe and nineteen points!

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g434/Balticprince/AMantaR.jpg

I always laugh on this :D

Congrats to Lithuania. We just need to beat Serbia now as long as you beat Germany :rolleyes:

hustlerlt
09-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Well today we just dominated on offense.Our defense was far from good,but when you're hitting almost everything I can't complain.I really liked Jonas today and really hated Javtokas.Whenever Valanciunas is on the court he brings so much energy to the team and serbian bigs just couldn't do anything about him.Sure,he still needs to improve his man to man defense,but other than that he's just great.Also it's really hard to understand why he was only the third center in our team before Petravicius injury.I mean he looks a lot better than Marijonas in every single aspect of the game,but Jonas still would've averaged around 5 minutes in this tournament if not for Petravicius injury.Meanwhile Javtokas is looking awful on offense.I guess that injury he had against Spain might've affected his play,because he hardly can catch any passes and can't hit anything from the post.Defensively he also wasn't as good as he was in the past games.Still overall a very good game offensively for us,but I would like to see some improvements on defense,because 90 points is just too much.

Boki Nachbar
09-07-2011, 08:12 PM
yeah, it seems the game between turkey and serbia will be the deciding one. a revenge or what:rolleyes:

Dule_Vujosevic
09-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Amazing offensive game from Lithuania, and amazing acoustic arena, cant imagine what Partizan fans could do there :c
I hope for best reaction from the team, only fear for me is that Spain could be very determined and motivated to get revenge for last world championship.
Otherwise, i have no doubts we will show our game against Spain and Turkey.
Haters gtfo, Teo will show you why hes best point guard in Europe atm and hell have his game right away ;)

pablonis
09-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Lithuania's three-point shooting percentage shouldn't be surprising anyone by now as we've been shooting at around 50% the entire tournament.

kololoco
Congrats to Lithuania. Beautiful basketball. Jasikevicius showed that Teodosic has a LONG way to go to even be in the same sentence with him. I must admit that I thought that Liths were not as good as last year but looks like Im wrong.

As far as Serbia goes this is the worst athletic team we have had in like forever. Savanovic needs to hit the gym and fast. He is the physicaly weajest pf in the tournament and through him we receive more points than he scores. Especially since it looks like France made him lose interest. Perovic is a no comment. Krstic is great in offence, in defence solid but not outstanding. Macvan is the only one who shows grit in the paint and he can barely jump. We need athletical and strong power forwards and centers like Veličković, Raduljica, Rakić and Miličić. Unfortunately I dont know what to say about our shooting guards and point guards who either can either shoot or guard, never both. Pocius and Jankunas are light years in front of our sgs. Unfortunately unlike the center position I dont know who could fill that role since we dont have such a player. Hopefully Bogdanovic fullfils his potential. In the end we must admit that Kemzura was a better coach than Ivkovic tonight. Some of the moves Ivkovic mad were odd. Sad day.

AiwiTo
...Still overall a very good game offensively for us,but I would like to see some improvements on defense,because 90 points is just too much.

i dont think, that if you score 100 points, 90 is much.. so if a win would be 70-60, 60 would be much? it was offense-minded game, so to win 10+ is very huge thing.

i saw, that somebody said here, what it will be very hard to win 10+ in this group.. but we managed it, and i'm proud of it.

with turkey was defence game, and we allowed just 68. every game is different! on friday i believe we can be France something like 82-73! and 73 wont be too much, because of a win!

Cuneyt
09-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I am not so sure TR can beat GER so easily.
We may go home on friday, or have a do-or-die game with Serbia.
That should be fun :D

Rycka
09-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Amazing offensive game from Lithuania, and amazing acoustic arena, cant imagine what Partizan fans could do there :c
I hope for best reaction from the team, only fear for me is that Spain could be very determined and motivated to get revenge for last world championship.
Otherwise, i have no doubts we will show our game against Spain and Turkey.
Haters gtfo, Teo will show you why hes best point guard in Europe atm and hell have his game right away ;)

Actually that arena has poor acoustic sound, but 11k ppl did their job. Kaunas arena is much louder and there fit like 14-18k ppl. To lose there would be next to imposible :D

kyosphere
09-07-2011, 08:18 PM
To think Saras played half season for Fenerbahce this year..To remember watching him with Fenerbahce jersey in the arena.oh boy I think I'm gonna cry. Sarunas has jasikeviciused me

madmax
09-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Actually that arena has poor acoustic sound, but 11k ppl did their job. Kaunas arena is much louder and there fit like 14-18k ppl. To lose there would be next to imposible :D

no need to bring local bitterness here pal...
GTFO and celebrate this amazing win without needless bickering

kololoco
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Whenever Valanciunas is on the court he brings so much energy to the team and serbian bigs just couldn't do anything about him.

Meanwhile Javtokas is looking awful on offense.I guess that injury he had against Spain might've affected his play,because he hardly can catch any passes and can't hit anything from the post.

Valenicius is a great prospect. I am very sad that you have him;)

When was exactly Javtokas a good offencive player? This is as good as it gets from him.

Straight forward
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM
This game goes to history books. The crowd made me almost cry I'm not in arena and Lithuania pulled out one of the best performances in years. Now I know this team can explode and most fans were really patient since the preparation games, respect for them because of that. We are very close to Žalgiris' arena :rolleyes:

Serbia proved their quality though. They fight back as always.

Illegal2k10
09-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Great game!! Yay! I lik these king of games! Amazing, Im speechless :D

unnamed
09-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Congrats to Lithuania. Beautiful basketball. Jasikevicius showed that Teodosic has a LONG way to go to even be in the same sentence with him. I must admit that I thought that Liths were not as good as last year but looks like Im wrong.

As far as Serbia goes this is the worst athletic team we have had in like forever. Savanovic needs to hit the gym and fast. He is the physicaly weajest pf in the tournament and through him we receive more points than he scores. Especially since it looks like France made him lose interest. Perovic is a no comment. Krstic is great in offence, in defence solid but not outstanding. Macvan is the only one who shows grit in the paint and he can barely jump. We need athletical and strong power forwards and centers like Veličković, Raduljica, Rakić and Miličić. Unfortunately I dont know what to say about our shooting guards and point guards who either can either shoot or guard, never both. Pocius and Jankunas are light years in front of our sgs. Unfortunately unlike the center position I dont know who could fill that role since we dont have such a player. Hopefully Bogdanovic fullfils his potential. In the end we must admit that Kemzura was a better coach than Ivkovic tonight. Some of the moves Ivkovic mad were odd. Sad day.

Which moves?

Rycka
09-07-2011, 08:25 PM
no need to bring local bitterness here pal...
GTFO and celebrate this amazing win without needless bickering

Well the croud was amazing i just wanted to point that out. In Panevezys if they had anything similar to Siemens or Zalgiris arenas i doubt we would lose to Spain that bad. Chances us to win this EC will grow with every round because arenas are getting better, and support will grow.

Rycka
09-07-2011, 08:29 PM

When was exactly Javtokas a good offencive player? This is as good as it gets from him.

Well before accident he was beasting on offence, but it was long time ago, now he's more defensive minded big. I agree that this is as good as it gets at this stage of his career ;)

hustlerlt
09-07-2011, 08:29 PM

Javtokas was never a good offensive player,but he didn't used to drop as many passes or miss wide open layups(not in this game) before.
And AiwiTo
i dont think, that if you score 100 points, 90 is much.. so if a win would be 70-60, 60 would be much? it was offense-minded game, so to win 10+ is very huge thing.
Say what you want,but if you allow the other team score 90 points on you,than the defense isn't good.If our games would be 48 minutes,then it would be a pretty good result,but now I don't like it.Still we have one of the best offences in the tournament,so that's the only thing I would like to see some improvements.

pablonis
09-07-2011, 08:31 PM

Pre-motorcycle accident. He had no moves whatsoever, but his freakish athleticism allowed him to dunk the ball whenever he wanted, posterizing whoever he played against while taking off from pretty much any place he jumped off from inside the 3pt line.

toxmarius
09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Nice victory and its not like Serbia played bad tonight its just that Lithuania played better :)

Earendil
09-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Congratz to Lithuania i dont think we played that bad as Lithuania was GODLIKE. Reffs favourized them a bit but still wouldnt change the result in any case. If Lithuania can make more games of this level (which i doubt no offence) they are second favourites after Spain maybe even first.

Btw comment at Serbian forums - Jesus these lithuanians i think if they throw a OWEN they would score LOL

FPJ
09-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Best game of the tournament by far for now.

Congratulations Lietuva, well played.

Hepcat
09-07-2011, 08:42 PM

Up to and including the 2001-02 before he took his Honda CBR1100XX motorcycle off the road between Kaunas and Vilnius at a speed of around 140 kilometers per hour. That kind of thing usually tends to slow a fellow down.

;)

SG-
09-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Few notes:

1. Jasikevicius should dribble the ball as less as possible..He is getting tired fast, and doing too many turnovers. But a great performance.
2. Kalnietis, its his Birthday today, shocking huh? :D
3. Teodosic.. I hate him, I mean he is player at the highest level, but he has to go to psychologist or smth, he is doing right things, his basketball IQ is okay, but sometimes it seems that he is just stupid man, also he never shows good emotions(after made basket etc.) just a bad ones..maybe he has a winner mentality inside, but he cant inspire his team..
4. Valanciunas, sometimes too many things, emotions, but he is doing more than he is able to do.. guy finished EL season, LKL finals, won u19 world championship, and now, in the middle of Eurobasket 2011 he has more energy than all other teams combined :eek: amazing, it is a special feeling when Saras and Valanciunas are doing 2vs2.
5. 3 points and Kaukenas... Lithuania is making 50% of three points in this Eurobasket, amazing. Kaukenas accuracy in this Eurobasket: 83%(2pts,3pts included) .. no comments ..

LIETUVA!

SunOverHStreet
09-07-2011, 08:53 PM
Best game of the tournament by far for now.

Congratulations Lietuva, well played.
Every game Serbia played till now got that attribute. Hope will stick to the end for the sake of all forumers and basketball fans.:D

thegreekmeister
09-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Something is wrong with your logic. Firstly if it was 70-60, 60 won't be much, 60<90. Secondly - it is huge to win by 10+ in DEFENSE minded game , not in offense minded game.

CG
09-07-2011, 08:57 PM
I didn't said we were unlucky tonight but we got no other GOOD PLAYERS than Krstic, Keselj and Teodosic, other players are just middle/low class :)

I thought you were very talented
Be careful what you say,your comprades will kill you:D

Ps we said the only untalented lucky bastards are greeks:p

lafa
09-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Congrats on a win everyone :-)
I'm going to sleep like my baby daughter tonight

CG
09-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Every game Serbia played till now got that attribute. Hope will stick to the end for the sake of all forumers and basketball fans.:D

God bless serbia:D
Congratulations liths
Pure joy your game tonight

Red 7
09-07-2011, 09:02 PM

Really? Like who??

unnamed
09-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I thought you were very talented
Be careful what you say,your comprades will kill you:D

Ps we said the only untalented lucky bastards are greeks:p

Hm, but you're really untalented, we at least have 3 players :cool:

damelo
09-07-2011, 09:23 PM
In 2001-02 before he took his Honda CBR1100XX motorcycle off the road between Kaunas and Vilnius at a speed of around 140 kilometers per hour. That kind of thing usually tends to slow a fellow down.

;)

He is still an incredible player IMO. Ways better than a Perovic, for example. Much less a liability for his team offensively, and an excellent and tough defender. Really aware of what he can do and what he can't, and where he has to be to help his team.

Србски Син
09-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Kosta Perović is one retarded son of a...

Dreamcatcher
09-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Kosta Perović is one retarded son of a...

Son of a ...? Who is Teodosic, huh?

Earendil
09-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Son of a ...? Who is Teodosic, huh?
Whats your problem with Teodosic? He is getting shitload of beating in last 2 games and noone calls fouls on him ofc he is mad

damelo
09-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Whats your problem with Teodosic? He is getting shitload of beating in last 2 games and noone calls fouls on him ofc he is mad

Pfff... I did not see this last game, sadly, but for the game vs France, I don't see why he had to get mad, unless any time you touch him, is supposed to be a foul... What a diva!

Carick235
09-07-2011, 10:43 PM
great game lithuania, deserved victory.

simple, lithuania had good night, everything was going in, in second quarter they created that difference of 10 points (first 2 + second 8) and just were keeping it to the end, second half was totally equal (24–24, 22–22), so im not disappointed with Serbia performance, even i know it can be much better, and i expect it will be in next match.

players like rakočević or miličić would be perfect against Lithuania, but we cant do anything now, anyway i would never call miličić in team because of others reasons and not his basketball skills, but Rakočević should be in team for Olympics 2012 if we qualify.

Legend
09-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Going by Serbian media he didn't say that Lithuania was weaker this time around. He compared last years team to this year by saying that Lithuania is more experienced at Euro's but it lacks energy and motivation of World's team.

As for the game today I think there are only two factors that will decide the game.

1. How well Lithuania shoot's form 6.75m
2. If the game is tight in the last quarter how well Serbian players handle the electric energy and pressure from the fans.

hmmm i guess i was spot on ;)

Serbia has huge problems once Krstic seats down... They lose the inside presents and it feels like they are playing 4 on 5 when Perovic is in there. The guy is SLOW, HORRIBLE HANDS, BAD REBOUNDER, NO WHERE IN DEFENSE & OFFENSE, VERY WEAK, etc..... I know that Marjanovic is pretty much a Perovic copy but Ivkovic should have at least given him few minutes to see how it goes.

As good as Savanovic is offensively he is a liability in defense.

I think this team misses Velickovic's energy and passion on defense a lot :(

madmax
09-07-2011, 10:55 PM
hmmm i guess i was spot on ;)

Serbia has huge problems once Krstic seats down... They lose the inside presents and it feels like they are playing 4 on 5 when Perovic is in there. The guy is SLOW, HORRIBLE HANDS, BAD REBOUNDER, NO WHERE IN DEFENSE & OFFENSE, VERY WEAK, etc..... I know that Marjanovic is pretty much a Perovic copy but Ivkovic should have at least given him few minutes to see how it goes.

I think this team misses Velickovic's energy and passion on defense a lot :(

I agree that Serbia could do so much better with backup centers than with Perovic and Marjanovic...these 2 are essentially just two very tall bodies with not much else to offer on the basketball court. Sure, the additional centimetres are always welsome, but Krstic's life would become so much easier if he had a worthy sub

Earendil
09-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Pfff... I did not see this last game, sadly, but for the game vs France, I don't see why he had to get mad, unless any time you touch him, is supposed to be a foul... What a diva! He isnt physicly strong in last 2 games referees let a bit harder/tougher game with alot of contact which is kinda killing him.

ip84
09-07-2011, 11:36 PM
IiT4rqTD3pY

Markoishvili
09-08-2011, 12:09 AM
players like rakočević or miličić would be perfect against Lithuania, but we cant do anything now, anyway i would never call miličić in team because of others reasons and not his basketball skills, but Rakočević should be in team for Olympics 2012 if we qualify.

Not sure if 34-year old Rakocevic is the answer. Rakocevic is half the player he used to be, father time caught up to him.

Raze Lupin
09-08-2011, 12:39 AM
Good job Lietuva!!! Quality win!

SunOverHStreet
09-08-2011, 12:46 AM
I think this team misses Velickovic's energy and passion on defense a lot
Serbia poured 90 points in the game where Lithuanians were almost perfect on offense. Our defense was spread by their outside game which ultimately allowed them to kill us with pick and roll, with our slow big guys not being able to cover the space, constantly being 5-6 meters away from the rim. Serbia needed someone quicker under the boards, Veličković or Raković. Miličić would also do a much better job, but he's another story, finished I assume. That's why I mentioned Marjanović earlier, it's not easy for me to understand why he wasn't given a chance. He's at least well rested compering to other guys.

It seems that all FMP products come with that label...

Carick235
09-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Not sure if 34-year old Rakocevic is the answer. Rakocevic is half the player he used to be, father time caught up to him.

yes its not same level, but still its pretty much better than almost all players we got there, and he could be used for last time in London.

Euroleague 2010-11 - points: games points ppg
1. Igor Rakočević - Turkey Efes Pilsen 14 241 17.21

He said that he want to play this season in club with highest ambitions in Euroleague, before probably coming back next season to Red Star, where he should finish career.

SunOverHStreet
09-08-2011, 01:08 AM
What is worse than a ball-hog? A 34yr old ball-hogging-defensive-black-hole!

Carick235
09-08-2011, 01:22 AM
What is worse than a ball-hog? A 34yr old ball-hogging-defensive-black-hole!

ok ok hehe

Legend
09-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Rakocevic is not needed. Serbia scores plethora of points but its their defense thats losing the games. I don't remember exactly but I think France had around 60 points(most were dunks & layups) in the paint against Serbia the other night, thats just unacceptable by a team that is supposed to have one of the best defenses & is fighting for Olympic qualification.

Serbia needs to improve their interior defense fast if they plan on advancing from this group.

Perseus
09-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Great victory for Liths but...

when you shoot

55% 3pts
63% 2 pts
68% ft

take more rebs
have more than double assists

and you manage to win olnly with 10 points margin then you have a huge problem in defense .

baelor
09-08-2011, 06:31 AM
Great victory for Liths but...

when you shoot

55% 3pts
63% 2 pts
68% ft

take more rebs
have more than double assists

and you manage to win olnly with 10 points margin then you have a huge problem in defense .

Hey man, don't underestimate Serbia! We didn't play against Poland or Croatia (joke:D), you know. Don't think anyone has capabilities to 'crush' them more than those 10 points...

Of course we have problems in defence ... and Kaukenas with Pocius were talking about it after the match. I hope they will improve D because we can't score 100 points every game.

But... to say that "to win olnly with 10 points margin" against Serbia is not enaught is just stupid :rolleyes:

Paweł
09-08-2011, 06:52 AM
Hey man, don't underestimate Serbia! We didn't play against Poland or Croatia (joke:D) :mad:

Serbia has huge problems defending p&r, teodosić has problems to get through screen, and krstić and perović are just too slow and with the situation when Lithuania guards shoots threes, they have to come higher to contest shots and then they're not able to come back to the screener when he cuts to the basket. Valanciunas took an advantage of that. Only Savanović is quick enough in those situations, but he's terrible in one-one plays instead. Not easy thing for Duda, Marjanović definetly wont help.

kololoco
09-08-2011, 07:48 AM
I think that Duda not using Bjelica and Paunić is a mistake. Paunić is at least on the level of Marković and I dont understand why he couldnt get the minutes. Bjelica as well. He should get more freedome and he is already a very good role player. Defensively they are the two best players in their positions. Also I dont understand why dint we practise zone defence with Marjanović in the middle. It could have been good for a couple of minutes to disrupt the opponents offence. Even in one on one situations and help defence Marjanović is not worst than Perović. On offence perović is ahead, but its not like hes magnificent. We are basicly playing with 9 players so it is not THAT deep of a bench as we like to think. Also during the game for the whole third quarter Krstić was on the bench. If the alternative is Perović it is too much.

Also some strange set ups were called in the wrong times. I cant remember if it was the first or the second quarter but after they hit two threes he calls for the changing of the defence into zone which offcourse leads to another easy three.

I was afraid our defence will suffer when Veličković was pulled out and unfortunately I was right.

NastyBudes
09-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Cingrats lith with amazing victory!!!

vuxsa
09-08-2011, 08:55 AM
:mad:

Serbia has huge problems defending p&r, teodosić has problems to get through screen, and krstić and perović are just too slow and with the situation when Lithuania guards shoots threes, they have to come higher to contest shots and then they're not able to come back to the screener when he cuts to the basket. Valanciunas took an advantage of that. Only Savanović is quick enough in those situations, but he's terrible in one-one plays instead. Not easy thing for Duda, Marjanović definetly wont help.

Krstic slow, Savanovic terrible in 1on1? :eek:

Perseus
09-08-2011, 09:01 AM
But... to say that "to win olnly with 10 points margin" against Serbia is not enaught is just stupid

come on Baelor ger serious ,i say 10 points margin with these % is small imagine with 50% in 3pts you loose the game.

Paweł
09-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I meant Savanović is not good low post defender as he lacks height and weight. Maybe it would be good to use Bjelica at Pf position for a while.

Illegal2k10
09-08-2011, 10:17 AM
come on Baelor ger serious ,i say 10 points margin with these % is small imagine with 50% in 3pts you loose the game.

Yes, our D is not the best, thats for sure. But, cmon, win by 10 points against SERBIA is a big achievment, at least in this group, where every team is more or less equall.

PieR
09-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Run'n'Gun game ... no defense on both sides ... no one can recall game on any previous EB with 190 points scored.

Billy Bounce
09-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Congrats to Lithuanians.

They rebounded after the "Spanish disaster" & exploded themselves on poor Serbs :D Saras + Valanciunas pick-n-rolls were state of the art. :eek:

Kinda disappointed by Serbian guards' defense, it looks like they are the weakest link in the chain . It was also visible in their past games vs teams with solid guards ( e.g. vs. France)

Dunno what Ivkovic is planning to do : Serbia is too dependent on Teodosic's creativity to bench him . Probably more minutes to Markovic ? Yea, he isn't a scorer , but he won't concede so many points on defense as Teo.

Civilis
09-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Congratulations to LT team and respect to Serbia for keeping the game close despite the wild scoring percentage of the LT team. One thing is for sure - I would not like to meet Serbia once again in this competition because such performance is hard to repeat twice against the same team.

The defence of Lithuania could be improved, but on the other hand, if we look deeper, it was not bad yesterday. Upon closer examination of statistics you will see that Serbia scored 1/3 of its points (29 out of 90) from the free throw line. It means that defence was in most cases aggressive and "on the edge" of a foul.

The match against France will answer many questions about the consistency of the form of Lithuanian team. Most of the D will have to be concentrated under the rim, while offence will have to be as agressive, otherwise, LT will sink in the French "marshes" of defence... The game Serbia vs. Turkey will be as exciting to watch :)

MrRager
09-08-2011, 12:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbiNnsgnlio&feature=player_embedded

Lithuanian fans singing the National anthem of Lithuania. Its just incredible.

hustlerlt
09-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Our defence wasn't great,but we're averaging 50% this whole tournament,so shooting 55% in the game against Serbia wasn't something completely unexpected.If we would've played against a weak team,then yes,to win only by 10 points with our percentages would be bad,but this was Serbia.

Bassline
09-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Props to Lithuania. Played a great game. With the crowd behind them this team can heat up at any time. Would not like to face them in the semis. I think this might be their year.

Legend
09-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I meant Savanović is not good low post defender as he lacks height and weight. Maybe it would be good to use Bjelica at Pf position for a while.

Call me crazy but I would have tried Bjelica on C when Krstic was on bench last night. He has size, his gotten stronger over the past year, he is faster then any of Serbian C's, and the most important one is that he is much much better rebounder than Perovic will ever be. On offensive end Serbia will still lack the inside presents but unlike Perovic, Bjelica can shoot from anywhere and thus he can stretch the defense and let Teodosic and Tepic drive to the lane.

Lietuvis
09-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Congratz to Lithuania i dont think we played that bad as Lithuania was GODLIKE. Reffs favourized them a bit but still wouldnt change the result in any case. If Lithuania can make more games of this level (which i doubt no offence) they are second favourites after Spain maybe even first.

Btw comment at Serbian forums - Jesus these lithuanians i think if they throw a OWEN they would score LOL

REFS WTF! I was waiting for such a comment. The refs favoured Serbia first half, the calls were disgusting! I cant believe we were able to keep up with such bad calls. I sat front row and saw everything! We still win with such bad calls so shows that FIBA cant rig this tournament!

Earendil
09-08-2011, 04:41 PM
REFS WTF! I was waiting for such a comment. The refs favoured Serbia first half, the calls were disgusting! I cant believe we were able to keep up with such bad calls. I sat front row and saw everything! We still win with such bad calls so shows that FIBA cant rig this tournament! I wasnt in front line but i saw everything in slow motion they had some bad decisions on both teams but more in favour of Lithuania which is logical and expected since you are hosts

vuxsa
09-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Bjelica cannot play PF or C position, he's too soft for that. Although don't get me wrong, he still plays exellent defence. Too bad he suffered injury, and cannot help offensively much (out of shooting form definitely).

Perovic seams definitely out of focus. Dunno why, he was much better back-up center in past 2 years. We terribly miss Velickovic, def and off alike. Too bad Rakovic did not come.

Earendil
09-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Bjelica cannot play PF or C position, he's too soft for that. Although don't get me wrong, he still plays exellent defence. Too bad he suffered injury, and cannot help offensively much (out of shooting form definitely).

Perovic seams definitely out of focus. Dunno why, he was much better back-up center in past 2 years. We terribly miss Velickovic, def and off alike. Too bad Rakovic did not come.Our hope is that in next years Raduljica and Milicic will play instead of Perovic/Marjanovic

Raze Lupin
09-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Our hope is that in next years Raduljica and Milicic will play instead of Perovic/Marjanovic

Why doesn't Darko Milicic play is he done with the national team?

vuxsa
09-08-2011, 04:59 PM

Well, his last "brush" with the national team was in Poland when he was called by Duda. He himself refused, stating something like not being in good form, might even be not feeling mentally prepared - his career was going down the drain back then. For some reason unknown to general public, Duda never called him again.

Here in Serbia, many say that we miss some players (Pavlovic, Stojakovic, Radmanovic, Milicic). As for me, Darko is THE ONLY player this generation trully misses. He and Nenad would be on par with Gasol bros making toughest C-line available. Even more, he is the same age (generation wise) as the rest.

too bad for him (and our NT), especially as i don't consider that he would ruin chemistry of this team.

Legend
09-08-2011, 05:36 PM

Perovic seams definitely out of focus. Dunno why, he was much better back-up center in past 2 years. We terribly miss Velickovic, def and off alike. Too bad Rakovic did not come.

Well to be fair Perovic is also soft, so I dont see a big loss in that department
but as I said before there are more positives with Bjelica in there than Perovic even though Bjelica is no where fit to play heavy minutes...

I dont know if you guys noticed but Serbian zone defense looks horrible. On multiple occasions it easily got sliced and diced by opposition.

vuxsa
09-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Well to be fair Perovic is also soft, so I dont see a big loss in that department
but as I said before there are more positives with Bjelica in there than Perovic even though Bjelica is no where fit to play heavy minutes...

I dont know if you guys noticed but Serbian zone defense looks horrible. On multiple occasions it easily got sliced and diced by opposition.

Yup. Velickovic missing, his energy and mobility is tough to equal. Savanovic is deffence liability as somebody here said, Macvan is good, but not in rotation for full 40 mins. We would be 20% stronger if we had last year's deffensive power.

As for Bjelica, I really think it would be blow-in-your-face experiment to put him on C position. He does his job very well deffensively where he is now.

Legend
09-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Yup. Velickovic missing, his energy and mobility is tough to equal. Savanovic is deffence liability as somebody here said, Macvan is good, but not in rotation for full 40 mins. We would be 20% stronger if we had last year's deffensive power.

As for Bjelica, I really think it would be blow-in-your-face experiment to put him on C position. He does his job very well deffensively where he is now.

I think Serbia needs to try and play with a smaller faster lineup against the type of teams such as Lithuania who play fast and thats where i think Bjelica at C would be a good idea.

a line up of
Markovic
Teodosic or Rasic or Tepic
Keselj
Macvan
Bjelica

would be able to keep up the pace of the game from the opposition and will be a much more productive offense than if Perovic is in there. I am aware that Bjelica wouldn't be able to cope with some of the C's in the game but at least his speed, defense and rebounds will be a huge plus compared to Perovic. Serbia with that line-up could also impose a 2-3 and 3-2 zone wait why not even 1-3-1 zone :D

Vazzy
09-08-2011, 08:09 PM
great performance by Lietuva, our PGs made huge impact of this victory :) Lithuania have fully used their 9 players, ( lavrinovic and Delininkaitis didint played ) and thats let to keep the rhythm so fast :)

Overthetop
09-09-2011, 08:40 AM

I think that Serbia National Team don't need him, they already have enough squad depth.

anonimus
09-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Well, his last "brush" with the national team was in Poland when he was called by Duda. He himself refused, stating something like not being in good form, might even be not feeling mentally prepared - his career was going down the drain back then. For some reason unknown to general public, Duda never called him again.

Here in Serbia, many say that we miss some players (Pavlovic, Stojakovic, Radmanovic, Milicic). As for me, Darko is THE ONLY player this generation trully misses. He and Nenad would be on par with Gasol bros making toughest C-line available. Even more, he is the same age (generation wise) as the rest.

too bad for him (and our NT), especially as i don't consider that he would ruin chemistry of this team.

It s not true.
Duda call him last year.
http://www.pressonline.rs/sr/sport/kosarka/story/120083/%28VIDEO%29+Duda+birao+-+i+Mili%C4%8Di%C4%87+na+spisku.html

Anyway..congrats to Lithuanians..they beat us easily with P&R.
We played poor defense against them..but I am satisfied that we were in the game whole time despite bad defense and Lithuanian fantastic shot from distance.In one moment(+7 for Lithuanians) we make critical errors(unsport foul Teodosic,and after that technical for team).Also,we missed a lot of free throws for our standard in this tournament.
Here is good analysis of this game

http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/09/08/serbias-poor-pick-and-roll-defense-sparks-a-lithuanian-explosion/

vuxsa
09-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Then what's the reason he did not come, I cannot remember?

anonimus
09-09-2011, 09:36 AM
I think Serbia needs to try and play with a smaller faster lineup against the type of teams such as Lithuania who play fast and thats where i think Bjelica at C would be a good idea.

a line up of
Markovic
Teodosic or Rasic or Tepic
Keselj
Macvan
Bjelica

would be able to keep up the pace of the game from the opposition and will be a much more productive offense than if Perovic is in there. I am aware that Bjelica wouldn't be able to cope with some of the C's in the game but at least his speed, defense and rebounds will be a huge plus compared to Perovic. Serbia with that line-up could also impose a 2-3 and 3-2 zone wait why not even 1-3-1 zone :D

with this team we wouldn't be dangerous in offensive(just two options)
our best offensive players are in the same time poorest defenders(Teodosic-Keselj-Savanovic and Krstic).
In P&R witch show us lithuanians,guilty first goes to Teodosic and after him to Krstic/Perovic.It s not just center mistake..
It s very hard to play against team witch have so much options in shot(allways minimum 4 players with fantastic shot for 3p)..
But,I could agree that Duda make mistake that he even did not try with some other players..

anonimus
09-09-2011, 09:37 AM
Then what's the reason he did not come, I cannot remember?

http://www.kurir-info.rs/sport/kosarka/darko-milicic-ne-idem-u-tursku-40529.php

:rolleyes:

vuxsa
09-09-2011, 11:03 AM
http://www.kurir-info.rs/sport/kosarka/darko-milicic-ne-idem-u-tursku-40529.php

:rolleyes:

He really said goodby to NT while Duda is around :D

Raze Lupin
09-09-2011, 05:28 PM
I think that Serbia National Team don't need him, they already have enough squad depth.

No they do not. Not at center they don't. After Nenad Krstic they have no one really. They are weak inside on defense and rebounding because of this. Compared to Turkey, Spain, France Serbia has poor squad depth.

SunOverHStreet
09-12-2011, 12:39 PM
No they do not. Not at center they don't. After Nenad Krstic they have no one really. They are weak inside on defense and rebounding because of this. Compared to Turkey, Spain, France Serbia has poor squad depth.
In this tournament, yes...

Marjanović, Perović and Mačvan are too slow when facing some of the NTs.
Savanović is also, but I think he's more mobile than above mentioned trio.
I'm talking about defense primarily.