PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Americas - Day 7 (Second Round)

J-Mart
09-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Puerto Rico 79 - 74 Canada (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=X&n=5&r=8433)
Puerto Rico advances to the Medal Round and the Olympic Qualifying Tournament
Carlos Arroyo (PUR) 26 pts, 4 asts, 9-15 FG
Jose Juan Barea (PUR) 11 pts, 5 rebs, 6 asts, 4 stls
Andy Rautins (CAN) 18 pts, 7-12 FG
Carl English (CAN) 13 pts, 5 rebs, 5-9 FG

Uruguay 76 - 84 Dominican Republic (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=X&n=6&r=8433)
Dominican Republic advances to the Medal Round and the Olympic Qualifying Tournament
Martin Osimani (URU) 22 pts, 6 asts
Esteban Batistaa (URU) 11 pts, 7 rebs, 3 stls
Al Horford (DR) 23 pts, 14 rebs, 5 asts, 2 stls, 7-11 FG, 9-10 FT
Jack Michael Martinez (DR) 8 pts, 13 rebs

Argentina 111 - 93 Venezuela (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=X&n=7&r=8433)
Argentina advances to the Medal Round and the Olympic Qualifying Tournament
Emanuel "Manu" Ginobili (ARG) 26 pts, 3 stls, 10-14 FG
Pablo Prigioni (ARG) 20 pts, 6 asts, 2 stls, 7-8 FG
Hector "Pepito" Romero (VEN) 21 pts, 4 rebs, 7-12 FG
Greivis Vazquez (VEN) 11 pts, 5 rebs, 10 asts, 5 stls

Panama 65 - 90 Brazil (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=X&n=8&r=8433)
Brazil advances to the Medal Round and the Olympic Qualifying Tournament
Danilo Pinnock (PAN) 20 pts, 4 rebs, 2 stls
Ruben Garces (PAN) 10 pts, 11 rebs
Guilherme Giovannoni (BRA) 17 pts, 5-5 FG
Caio Torres (BRA) 11 pts, 6 rebs, 5-5 FG

Mojado
09-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Pr + 10
uru + 2
arg + 15
bra + 10

J-Mart
09-06-2011, 01:19 PM
PR +5

DR +2

ARG +30

Brazil +20

Dtown
09-06-2011, 02:19 PM
PR +10
DR +5
Brazil + 10
Argentina +15

The big four all win again, and cinch spots in the knockout stage.

saalsapr
09-06-2011, 02:36 PM
Well I feel much better today now that Sosa is better.:)

On to day 2

Puerto Rico vs Canada = PR wins by 10

DR vs Uruguay = DR wins by 10

Argentina vs Venezuela = Argentina wins by 15

Brazil vs Panama = Brazil wins by 20

PR needs to make Canada pass the ball to their centers, a lot of their turnovers seem to come with their centers mishandling the ball. I mean, did you guys see that center commit an unforced turnover while he was just dribbling the ball? I bet a 3 year old could do that.:D

J-Mart
09-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Daniel Santiago left the game injured, on his way to the locker room on a wheelchair.

tres equis
09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Puerto Rico vs Canada - PR +10

Uruguay vs Dominican Republic - DR +10

Argentina vs Venezuela - Arg +20

Panama vs Brazil - Brazil +20

J-Mart
09-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Danny Santiago with a torn fascia

PR up 42-29 at the half

J-Mart
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Arroyo is so f'ckin clutch

J-Mart
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
we needed this game. we wont beat DR and Brazil without Danny

TDW
09-06-2011, 04:34 PM

If we can't beat either team we will probably face Argentina in the semifinals, I think we all know what that means.

J-Mart
09-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Hopefully Daniel injury is just a scare... If he plays then im pretty optimistic we can beat them.

Puerto Rico advances into the semis

saalsapr
09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
If we can't beat either team we will probably face Argentina in the semifinals, I think we all know what that means.

Hello London?:D

It was bad enough Balkman didnt play, but to play for three quarters with our C team PF and Center.... I thank God Arroyo is still Arroyo. And Santiago was bullying Canada too prior his injury: 7 points in 7 minutes.

If we dont have Santiago for tomorrow, we will have to see if Brazil or DR looses between today and tomorrow (of course we play DR tomorrow and Brazil plays Argentina). If Brazil beats Argentina, then we definetly let DR and Brazil beat us. If none of the teams looses today, we should gamble on resting Arroyo and Barea tomorrow and give it our all against Brazil, if Im right, DR still holds the advantage in case both teams tie.

Of course all Ive said in the paragraph is important if Santiago doesnt play for the rest of the tornament, if he does, we continue playing as we where.

Anyway, we will see what type of defense Flor comes up with against Dr, who will probably rebound us 40-25 or something like that.:o

Ciscorlie Horford
09-06-2011, 05:54 PM

we are playing without our starting small forward Eulis Baez and without a point guard, and with Charlie Villanueva injured. The RD does not stand a chance with or without Daniel Santiago

Ciscorlie Horford
09-06-2011, 05:59 PM
we are playing without our starting small forward Eulis Baez and without a point guard, and with Charlie Villanueva injured. The RD does not stand a chance with or without Daniel Santiago

great another injury, and Jack Michael is limping

ok I give up, see you in the Olimpic Qualifier

guilherme.rcf
09-06-2011, 06:15 PM
I am sorry to say this, but I hope that Santiago stays out.

TDW
09-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Apparently Santiago is out for the rest of the tournament.

Jack Michael is playing so I think he is fine.

saalsapr
09-06-2011, 07:02 PM
great another injury, and Jack Michael is limping

ok I give up, see you in the Olimpic Qualifier

What makes you think both of us are going? If Puerto Rico can somehow beat both of you, and Argentina beat you guys too, wouldnt DR and Brazil be tied and the fact that you beat Brazil make them get 4th place?

Everybody happy then! Except brazilians of course.:D

Ciscorlie Horford
09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
What makes you think both of us are going? If Puerto Rico can somehow beat both of you, and Argentina beat you guys too, wouldnt DR and Brazil be tied and the fact that you beat Brazil make them get 4th place?

Everybody happy then! Except brazilians of course.:D

I never said that Puerto Rico was going to the Olympic qualifier. I said I we'll see "you" as in : you guys or you all, or you users of interbasket forum who follow this section of the website.

get it?

saalsapr
09-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I never said that Puerto Rico was going to the Olympic qualifier. I said I we'll see "you" as in : you guys or you all, or you users of interbasket forum who follow this section of the website.

get it?

I think I did, but can you describe what you just said with pictures, just in case?

Kidding:D

**** I wanted to get our 2nd gold medal in Argentina and fourth overall, but if it was a possibility with Santiago, now it will be practically impossible with our 3rd string center starting.

zik013
09-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Sorry, missed the Baez injury. Is he out for the whole tournament?

Ciscorlie Horford
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Sorry, missed the Baez injury. Is he out for the whole tournament?

he is day to day with calf pain. he didn't play yesterday nor today. what I have heard is that he will not play untill the semifinals to rest him, so he will miss the next 2 game against Argentina and Puerto Rico and they will see if he can play in the semifinals but we don't know for sure if he is going to play or if he is going to recover on time.

I'm tell you, we should change that name on the jerseys from Rep. Dominicana to "General Hospital" or "*M*A*S*H"

now Jack and Cisco were limping a little bit after the game, but I don't think they will miss any game, they probably just need some ice.

saalsapr
09-07-2011, 03:34 AM
he is day to day with calf pain. he didn't play yesterday nor today. what I have heard is that he will not play untill the semifinals to rest him, so he will miss the next 2 game against Argentina and Puerto Rico and they will see if he can play in the semifinals but we don't know for sure if he is going to play or if he is going to recover on time.

I'm tell you, we should change that name on the jerseys from Rep. Dominicana to "General Hospital" or "S*M*A*S*H"

now Jack and Cisco were limping a little bit after the game, but I don't think they will miss any game, they probably just need some ice.

DR just needs to go on "Quisqueyano Warrior" mode

Good news for us, apparently Danny could play for us against Brazil or in the semifinals

http://www.primerahora.com/nopierdenlaesperanzadequedanielsantiagojuegue-548146.html

Danny is definetly on "Guerrero Borincano" mode

WAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR Santiago!!!!!

Rodeo Riot
09-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Well I feel much better today now that Sosa is better.:)

On to day 2

Puerto Rico vs Canada = PR wins by 10

DR vs Uruguay = DR wins by 10

Argentina vs Venezuela = Argentina wins by 15

Brazil vs Panama = Brazil wins by 20

PR needs to make Canada pass the ball to their centers, a lot of their turnovers seem to come with their centers mishandling the ball. I mean, did you guys see that center commit an unforced turnover while he was just dribbling the ball? I bet a 3 year old could do that.:D

In watching Canada play both Argentina and PR now I have little to no faith in Canada's national team. Pluswithout Nash being around for them I'm just hoping things don't get outright humiliating for them. Sloppiness all around.

GustavoGanso
09-07-2011, 04:17 AM
Why Joel Anthony did not played too much? injury? because he should make a nice match playing against PUR without Santiago.

Rodeo Riot
09-07-2011, 05:05 AM
Why Joel Anthony did not played too much? injury? because he should make a nice match playing against PUR without Santiago.

I couldn't find anything for Anthony's stats today but so far in Canada's 6 games he's played 125 minutes and averaging 5 points per game and 5.3 rebounds. Not horrible but not great either. Here is a breakdown of his stats.
http://www.mardelplata2011.com/en/jugador.asp?r=54160&c=CAN&n=Canada

cadeceus
09-07-2011, 06:27 AM
In watching Canada play both Argentina and PR now I have little to no faith in Canada's national team. Plus, without Nash being around for them I'm just hoping things don't get outright humiliating for them. Sloppiness all around.Canada did tie the game against Puerto Rico with two minutes left. That's nothing to be ashamed of.

Humiliation is too strong, but Canada has no excuse for finishing out of the top 4 in this competition.

J-Mart
09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
I know you guys dont want to talk about injuries with a puertorican :)

We missing PJ Ramos, Peavy, Vassallo, Carmelo Lee and David Huertas due to injury, and Ayuso who got suspended.

J-Mart
09-07-2011, 01:24 PM
IBN MVP of the Day

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZdURn57gfU8/TmbdjUOFJwI/AAAAAAAAdzA/jZO5jSgdAWw/s320/AlHorford.jpg
Al Horford (Dominican Republic)

GustavoGanso
09-07-2011, 03:26 PM
I couldn't find anything for Anthony's stats today but so far in Canada's 6 games he's played 125 minutes and averaging 5 points per game and 5.3 rebounds. Not horrible but not great either. Here is a breakdown of his stats.
http://www.mardelplata2011.com/en/jugador.asp?r=54160&c=CAN&n=Canada

he had stomach problems... poop :D