PDA

View Full Version : FIBA Americas - Day 4



J-Mart
09-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Canada 84 - 62 Cuba (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=A&n=7&r=8422)
Jevohn Sheperd (CAN) 13 pts, 4-4 FG
Jermaine Anderson (CAN) 11 pts
Yorman Polas (CUB) 14 pts
Juan Pablo Pineiro (CUB) 13 pts, 3 stls

Panama 61 - 77 Uruguay (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=B&n=8&r=8422)
Gary Forbes (PAN) 19 pts
Ruben Garces (PAN) 12 pts, 11 rebs, 5-8 FG
Esteban Batista (URU) 24 pts, 10 rebs, 9-13 FG
Martin Osimani (URU) 15 pts, 3 stls

Brazil 74 - 79 Dominican Republic (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=A&n=8&r=8422)
Marcus Vinicius (BRA) 18 pts, 8-11 FG
Tiago Splitter (BRA) 16 pts, 10 rebs, 2 blks, 6-8 FG
Al Horford (DR) 22 pts
Jack Michael Martinez (DR) 10 pts, 10 rebs

Puerto Rico 74 - 81 Argentina (http://www2.mardelplata2011.com/box.asp?g=B&n=7&r=8422)
Carlos Arroyo (PUR) 24 pts, 9-16 FG
Daniel Santiago (PUR) 13 pts, 10 rebs
Emanuel "Manu" Ginobili (ARG) 23 pts
Luis Scola (ARG) 16 pts, 7 rebs, 7-12 FG

J-Mart
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Canada by +25
Uruguay by +8
Brazil +15
Argentina +12

Mojado
09-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Canada +30
Brazil +3
Panama +1
Argentina +8

Hepcat
09-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Canada by +25
Uruguay by +8
Brazil +15
Argentina +12

I'd say you're pretty well dead on correct.

:cool:

tres equis
09-02-2011, 04:16 PM
canada +20
uruguay +15
brasil +10
argentina +20

GustavoGanso
09-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Canada by +25
Uruguay by +8
Brazil +15
Argentina +12

Canada by +22
Uruguay by +16
Brazil +7
Argentina +12

TDW
09-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Canada + 20

Uruguay + 10

Brazil + 5

Argentina + 15

saalsapr
09-02-2011, 07:10 PM
Sorry I was a little busy today:D

Lets see here

Brazil vs DR = Brazil wins by 10 points

Argentina vs Puerto Rico = PR wins by 5 (upset of the day)



Canada-Cuba 84-62

Cubans are just setting themselves up to make history. Tomorrow they beat Brazil by at least 60 points and eventually win the Gold Medal:D


Uruguay-Panama 77-61

Battle of teams with no benches:D

Hepcat
09-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Yay, Canada! Tomorrow's game against Venezuela should leave Canada well positioned for the second round.

:)

J-Mart
09-02-2011, 10:39 PM
new nickname for Marcelo Huertas...

La Conciencia de Brasil or the Brazilian Conscience

Via Puertorican TV :D

JGX
09-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Hard to believe that Panama was a top 5 contender not long ago. They've never been the same since the 2006 WC fiasco. Was Michael Hicks really that good?

GustavoGanso
09-02-2011, 11:10 PM
No problem

all tied in 2-1

the real game is in semi-finals

congrats to the Dominician, and of course, the refs, terrible in 4 quarter, and [CENSORED]

Nop
-K2-

Ciscorlie Horford
09-02-2011, 11:26 PM
No problem

all tied in 2-1

the real game is in semi-finals

congrats to the Dominician, and of course, the refs, terrible in 4 quarter, and [CENSORED]

Nop
-K2-


we simply played better than you, plain and simple. No need to go there. Just admit that and stop making excuses and be a good loser. Let's be classy here people.

J-Mart
09-02-2011, 11:56 PM
there's an error

Argentina playing with their track n field team :D

GustavoGanso
09-02-2011, 11:57 PM
we simply played better than you, plain and simple. No need to go there. Just admit that and stop making excuses and be a good loser. Let's be classy here people.


---

:eek:


:p:p

TDW
09-03-2011, 12:26 AM
new nickname for Marcelo Huertas...

La Conciencia de Brasil or the Brazilian Conscience

Via Puertorican TV :D

Raúl Cintrón has chosen a "conscience" for almost every team :D

J-Mart
09-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Barea throwing the game away

J-Mart
09-03-2011, 01:00 AM
If we aint winning the basketball game and we still dont get the calls, at least we should give them back some of the punches and the grapples and try to win the wrestling game.

tres equis
09-03-2011, 01:40 AM
We could have won the f'n game.....:mad:.....oh and by the way, barea... YOUR NOT IN DALLAS!, thanks for your horrible performance....thank you! :rolleyes:.

saalsapr
09-03-2011, 02:01 AM
Dominican Republic-Brasil 79-74

Thank you dominicans!!!! Even though the rivalry exists, I want both caribbean countries to go to the Olympics. If the dominicans keep playing like this, you guys are going places! I would prefer DR faces Brazil again in the semifinals as they have a better chance of beating Brazil than Argentina.

Vamos Quisqueya!


Argentina-Puerto Rico 81-74

This game was a nice surprise even though we lost. I think you guys know why:D

After this game, even though I would prefer to face anybody else, I wouldnt be scared of facing Argentina again in the semifinals. I truly think we have the best chance of beating them of all teams in this tournament. That tought will be put to a test now in the second round. Only one of our players played more than 27 minutes which is good, though we have two days of rest so it really doesnt matter that much.

GO PR!!! Like K2 sigs says: In Flor we trust!

Dtown
09-03-2011, 02:38 AM
Watching this tournament I can't help but think Argentina and Puerto Rico are just on another level from the other teams. I see them both in the Olympics. Brazil, Dominican Republic, and Canada I see go to additional qualifiers.

saalsapr
09-03-2011, 04:12 AM
Dtown I think we should reserve those kind of comments until the second round ends.:D

One thing I could say its a big change how we went from barely beating the Argentina B team with our complete team, to almost beating Argentina A team with an incomplete team(I have doubts of considering this team our B team as only Huertas, Vassallo, Peavy and Ramos I consider key players).

I honestly think Flor has only 40% part of this improvement. Why? Because back in PR he had said he was just looking to qualify the team to the Olympics and spoke as if PR had no chance against Argentina. Now after the game he spoke as if he was surprised with how close the game was. 60% of the improvement must be for the team wanting to win.

J-Mart
09-03-2011, 05:48 AM
IBN MVP of the Day

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ViXKgVkfHZw/ThIkl9azDiI/AAAAAAAAAT4/vROdWmzG3Oo/s1600/a_esteban_batista_200x300.jpg
Esteban Batista (Uruguay)