Clear All

• draw for the eurobasket 2007. - Spain

seedings have been made:

Code:
    Seed 1  Spain 	            Greece 	France 	   Turkey
    Seed 2 	Lithuania 	     Germany    Italy 	   Serbia
    Seed 3 	Slovenia  	     Croatia   	Russia 	    Latvia
    Seed 4 	Czech Republic 	    Portugal    Poland   Winner AQT
    draw will take place on Thursday, October 19, in Madrid, Spain at the Palacio Municipal de Congresos de Madrid.

also, seedings for the additional qualifying round have been made as well:

Seed 1 Bosnia & Herzegovina Sweden Ukraine
    Seed 2 FYR of Macedonia Hungary Israel
    Seed 3 Bulgaria Estonia Denmark
    Seed 4 Belgium

"Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

For Lithuania I would prefer:

Turkey
    Russia
    Poland

And would not prefer:

France
    Latvia
    Czech Republic

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas

Turkey
      Russia
      Poland

And would not prefer:

France
      Latvia
      Czech Republic
      Why do you fear Czechs? What can they do?

Comment

I want see Polish NT in gorup with Latvia, Germany and Turkey

Can somebody tell me one think - Dirk will play in Spain 2007 !?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis 11 (aka Sabas 11)
          Why do you fear Czechs? What can they do?
          They managed to beat us in the start of EC'99 in France, even with Sabonis on our roster. I fear of each opponent which we are playing against at the start of any competition.

Comment

For Greece i choose Germany, Latvia and Portugal or Poland!
            I don't want Lietuva (always tough to beat), Serbia (same reason), Slovenia (always a headache),,,,,,,,

Comment

Turkey
              Russia
              Poland

And would not prefer:

France
              Latvia
              Czech Republic
              don't you want to meet latvia? your games are always exciting... (well - russia is also a good choice for lithuenia but you gutys against latvia is a classic).

Comment

Originally posted by ziv
                don't you want to meet latvia? your games are always exciting... (well - russia is also a good choice for lithuenia but you gutys against latvia is a classic).
                It's tough to say what's better- to beat Russia (ice hockey) or Lithuania (in basketball)
                We'll not play against Russia but I would have nothing against meeting with Lithuania- all teams from Seed 2 are very good but if you're playing against Lithuania you don't know what will be the outcome- blowout by -30 or victory. At the moment we've nothing to throw against the Liths but if we would have Biedrins, Kambala and bring in 1 or 2 promising young guns maybe there would be a chanse (and maybe Stelmahers would come back to play for the NT).

P.S. I hope that Latvia vs Israel don't become a classic and if Israel wins last spot in EC we will not play against you. Eurobasket'03 and Eurobasket'05 are painful memories
                And we also played in the same group of Qualification for Eurobasket'05.
                YOU KNOW- noone in Latvia wants that ''winner AQT'' in our group
                Last edited by rusher; 09-20-2006, 06:56 PM.

Comment

that's a good point there. being myself in the last AQT and the EC following i can say that playing this tournment gives at least a short term advantage. i mean, the team qualifing to the EC is doing that after playing 6 (or 8) offical games, it proved to be in shape, the spirit is high, you know your hot and cold players and the plays you want to try. latvia for example did great in the friendly matches before the EC last year, you had some good games - but the first night against israel was totaly a matter of bad time for you. we came sharper and more focused and this win gave us a spot in the next round (the win against spain later was a bonus of course).
                  on the long run (that is the playoffs and quarters) the effect is starting to turn, being too long time away from home, playing too many "must-win" games (the AQT has 4 first round games when every loss is crucial, so are the 2 games in the last tournment which you basiclly have to win both).

Comment

I would perfer - Greece, Serbia and Poland along with Slovenia in the group. Considering we would have got another coach I would state we are going for the medal on this tournament, but considering we didn't change the coach we will again struggle to get out from the group stage. I hate our basketball federation, show some ambition for god sake.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                      I would perfer - Greece, Serbia and Poland along with Slovenia in the group. Considering we would have got another coach I would state we are going for the medal on this tournament, but considering we didn't change the coach we will again struggle to get out from the group stage. I hate our basketball federation, show some ambition for god sake.
                      u know i like u bro,
                      but why do u want your NT ends up 3rd?

Comment

For Turkey I would prefer;

TURKEY
                        -Lithuania (Turkoglu-Okur-Tunceri didn't played world champ. but we won second time.)
                        -Latvia or Slovenia
                        -Portugal or Poland or Czech Republic

Comment

in order to get on the top you have to beat whoever you get so i personally don't care about other opponents...
                          it's EC we are talking about, on EC there are no teams like Japan or Venezuela for instance...
                          sure there are some "weaker" opponents, but still...
                          so, Spain, Lithuania and Czech republic would be my choice for our group...
                          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Turkey
                            Russia
                            Poland

And would not prefer:

France
                            Latvia
                            Czech Republic

You prefer Turkey cuz you want to get beaten the 3rd straight time?

Comment

Originally posted by turkishpower
                              You prefer Turkey cuz you want to get beaten the 3rd straight time?
                              And how many straight losses did you suffer until these two losses?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information