PDA

View Full Version : Predicting the Final four in FIBA Asia Championship

behzadir
08-07-2011, 09:32 AM
I didn't see a thread about it,so i decided to start it somehow!

Predict the Final four teams(I mean who will be first,then second ,then the bronze medalist and the 4th team).

Also predict the MVP and top scorer of the championship!

Mine goes with:

1)Iran
2)China
3)South Korea
4)Jordan/Philippines

MVP: Sun Yue
Top scorer: Yi Jian Lian

asero
08-07-2011, 09:51 AM
China
Iran
Philippines
Jordan

khaledlebanon
08-07-2011, 10:06 AM
1) China
2) South Korea
3) Philippine
4) Taiwan

behzadir
08-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I had a question from the mods too.
Can we run a prediction league for the members during the Asian Championship? So that each member predicts the scores of games starting from the preliminary round till the final game. And we can have a system of scoring for the predictions based on the margin and something like that.

I think this will make the games even more enjoyable for members(even the games gaining less attention on paper).

Feel free to post your thoughts on this issue.

daniab
08-07-2011, 11:16 AM
1- China
2- South Korea
3-Iran
4-Lebanon

ElieEk
08-07-2011, 11:48 AM
1 - China
2 - Iran
3 - South Korea
4 - Lebanon

bukag.2011
08-07-2011, 12:13 PM
do not underestimate the Gilas folks,

China
Lebanon
Philippines
Jordan/Iran

Go Gilas Go.:D

eliooo93
08-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Can we run a prediction league for the members during the Asian Championship? So that each member predicts the scores of games starting from the preliminary round till the final game. And we can have a system of scoring for the predictions based on the margin and something like that.

I think this will make the games even more enjoyable for members(even the games gaining less attention on paper).

not a bad idea..

1-China
2-Iran
3-South Korea
4-Philippines/Lebanon

seigle42
08-07-2011, 01:49 PM
please don't let predicting that place, because you don't know which team will win the tournament.

behzadir
08-07-2011, 01:53 PM
please don't let predicting that place, because you don't know which team will win the tournament.

That's exactly the difference between prediction and knowing! You predict when you're not sure.

If you don't have the will to predict then don't bro.

Mindozas
08-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Predicting is fun stuff, even I didn't follow all the teams' news before this Asian Championship, but gladly would participate in it :o

System might be simple, we used smth similar to predict Euroleague games.

You get the winner right 3pts
----------------- wrong -2pts

Pts difference bonus:

You've hit the exact difference +5pts
Missed it by 1pt +4
-------- by 2pts +3
-------- by 3pts +2

Of course you might change intervals, f.e. missed 1 to 3pts, 4 to 6 , 7-10 and etc.

nader7
08-07-2011, 02:55 PM
1. China
2. Iran
3. Lebanon
4. South Korea

MVP: Jianlian
Top Scorer: Ngombo

lebanese NT
08-07-2011, 02:57 PM
1-china
2-iran
3-south korea
4-jordan

ps : i believe this year Philippine team is great and i wanted to add them in the final 4 but i do notice they always choke in big games so they might end up 3rd in the second round and meet south korea in the quarters and go out.

Leb
08-07-2011, 03:10 PM
1. China
2. Iran
3. South Korea
4. Philippines

lebanese phoenix
08-07-2011, 03:19 PM
too early to predict but quite friendly and without any bias, the only team that has sealed a place in the semis is China i would say,bcs of their preperations and bcs it's being held in Wuhan.
Iran hasent impressed me so far at all,specially the games they played against the philipines and japan B, and the performance they put up in the european tournement (coming in dead last after teams like romania and ukraine and portugal), i wouldnt be surprised if i dont see them in the semis.
The team that has impressed me so far is the philipines,they are playing with heart and fighting and i wouldnt be surprised if i see them in the semis after a long time.
same goes for Jordan after they're poor showing in the belarus tournement (loosing all their games by 30+ points:eek:)

so am gona go for China.

as for the 3 remaining teams, i think it's gona be between: Jordan,Lebanon,Iran,Qatar,Philipines,Korea and maybe Japan.

and as far as Lebanon is concerned, i think we have to wait and check what kind of naturalised player we're gona be having on our roster, but am sure that we can make the finals with a good foreigner and good preparations,but if things continue as they are now, i would be satisfied with a quarter final finish:D

lebanese NT
08-07-2011, 03:51 PM
too early to predict but quite friendly and without any bias, the only team that has sealed a place in the semis is China i would say,bcs of their preperations and bcs it's being held in Wuhan.
Iran hasent impressed me so far at all,specially the games they played against the philipines and japan B, and the performance they put up in the european tournement (coming in dead last after teams like romania and ukraine and portugal), i wouldnt be surprised if i dont see them in the semis.
The team that has impressed me so far is the philipines,they are playing with heart and fighting and i wouldnt be surprised if i see them in the semis after a long time.
same goes for Jordan after they're poor showing in the belarus tournement (loosing all their games by 30+ points:eek:)

so am gona go for China.

as for the 3 remaining teams, i think it's gona be between: Jordan,Lebanon,Iran,Qatar,Philipines,Korea and maybe Japan.

and as far as Lebanon is concerned, i think we have to wait and check what kind of naturalised player we're gona be having on our roster, but am sure that we can make the finals with a good foreigner and good preparations,but if things continue as they are now, i would be satisfied with a quarter final finish:D

good analysis but still friendly games are not very indicative.

lebanese phoenix
08-07-2011, 05:28 PM
good analysis but still friendly games are not very indicative.

they are when you get whooped ;) they are enough to judge your team's level and it's readiness to compete:)

behzadir
08-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Well guys,please express your thoughts on the prediction league for all FIBA Asia Championship 2011 Games as well as predicting the final four.

Please bring up fun and logical formats,for how predictions should be marked,depending on the margin and other things so we can come up with a nice and reasonable format of scoring for the games.

lebanese NT
08-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Well guys,please express your thoughts on the prediction league for all FIBA Asia Championship 2011 Games as well as predicting the final four.

Please bring up fun and logical formats,for how predictions should be marked,depending on the margin and other things so we can come up with a nice and reasonable format of scoring for the games.

i think :
- predicting china will lose the game gives u an instant win if u nail it:p
- predicting lebanon will lose the game strips from u 5 points whatever the result:D
no seriously i like the idea . other then the margin and predicting the winner right we should make something like this for example :
if lebanon is facing jordan( usually equal chances between the 2). u get 5 points if u predict right the winner and u lose 5 if u predicted wrong.
however if lebanon is facing Malaysia ( probability of lebanon winning is way higher) u get 5 points if u predicted right that lebanon will win and 10 points if u predict right that malaysia will win and vice versa if u got it wrong.

behzadir
08-07-2011, 08:49 PM
i think :
- predicting china will lose the game gives u an instant win if u nail it:p
- predicting lebanon will lose the game strips from u 5 points whatever the result:D
no seriously i like the idea . other then the margin and predicting the winner right we should make something like this for example :
if lebanon is facing jordan( usually equal chances between the 2). u get 5 points if u predict right the winner and u lose 5 if u predicted wrong.
however if lebanon is facing Malaysia ( probability of lebanon winning is way higher) u get 5 points if u predicted right that lebanon will win and 10 points if u predict right that malaysia will win and vice versa if u got it wrong.

:D:D for the first two rules!

About the bold part i don't know how many games we'll have like that,and I don't think anyone will predict a Malaysia win in such a game.So the prediction and the scoring will be pointless whatsoever.

I say let's think of a system that gets you a scoring point between 0 and 10 based on what you predict having the possibility to get all scores starting from 0 to 10.Now how the numbers should be assigned can be an issue to think about.

Khalid80
08-07-2011, 09:21 PM

That's a good preposition Behzadir. Having a prediction league is quite fun and entertaining and would definitely make this thread more lively.

We could go with the format that Mindozas mentioned which is being used here in IBN in the Euroleague prediction game. You can see it's format here (http://forums.interbasket.net/f11/ibn-euroleague-prediction-game-2010-2011-14988/). However there's quite an advanced system that was used to run the prediction game.
We also had a prediction game for the NBA playoffs and the point system was a bit different especially considering that the NBA playoffs are in a series format but you can still check it out here (http://forums.interbasket.net/f6/nba-playoff-prediction-game-thread-2011-16258/).

To run this successfully you need someone who is committed and will have enough time to calculate the points on a daily basis and have a deadline for mentioning the results (you can't post the predictions after the game starts).

Another important point that needs to be mentioned is how many members are going to participate in this game. In the NBA prediction game there were around 20 participants so that was fine. In the Euroleague game we had something close to 60 participants. I don't know how many members will participate in the Asian Championship predictions game but if it's anything like I imagine it would most probably be much more than this considering the amount of members that log in especially during the Championships... The Pinoys and Lebanese members by themselves can really reach a high number so the issue of calculating the scores for all these members will be quite a task :D

behzadir
08-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Well as Khalid said and i thought about it before it will be a hard task,so I was guessing to make a somewhat commitee(from different nationalities),instead of just one person if we have a lot of members registering for the prediction.

And we got to have a deadline for registering in the prediction and I think new rules will make our prediction league a unique one.Let's think of something innovative and somehow reasonable at the same time.

mavrick_h
08-08-2011, 09:58 AM
at this moment

China is the only team secured a place in the semis.

Iran, Jordan, Korea, Philippines, Qatar and maybe Japan will compete for the remaining spots.

As for Lebanon, we need a miracle to happen this week LOL then i will add them to the list.

dxjayrock2008
08-08-2011, 10:50 AM
1. Iran
2. China
3. Philippines
4. South Korea

seigle42
08-09-2011, 03:08 AM
That's exactly the difference between prediction and knowing! You predict when you're not sure.

If you don't have the will to predict then don't bro.

they're many asian national teams powers in the tournament are 8 teams, even china, lebanon, the philippines, iran, taipei or koreans i don't know which are the places.

RedMetal
08-09-2011, 04:52 AM
1.China
2.Korea
3.Philippines
4.Iran
I think its gonna be Philippines Vs China in the finals.

Mike Chester
08-09-2011, 04:53 AM
For me, with the way the RP team are playing now, I would surely put them 2nd only to China, hopefully they could do better than this, cross-finger.

1. China
2. Philippines
3. South korea
4. Jordan

manu_bol
08-09-2011, 05:43 AM
china
philippines
korea
japan

the return of east asian dominance. :D

killmebusy
08-09-2011, 06:15 AM
China-S.Korea-Qatar-Iran/Philippines

mvp hdaddi
points hdaddi

acklium
08-09-2011, 06:59 AM
China-S.Korea-Qatar-Iran/Philippines

mvp hdaddi
points hdaddi

qatar will only be a contender unless they fielded another african
and before we forget they should be ban by fielding ngombo as a qatari

asian hoopster
08-09-2011, 10:08 AM
asian championships final four:
1. Philippines
2. South korea
3. China
4. I.R. Iran

MVP: Marcus Douthit

ricodgame
08-09-2011, 09:21 PM
China
South Korea
then
Iran/Philippines/Japan/Jordan

I will add Lebanon if they will field their real NT.

MVP
China - Yi
South Korea - Stevenson
Iran - Ehdadhi
Philippines - Douthit
Jordan - Wright
Japan - ????

Mythical five

C- Ehdadhi
PF - Yi
SF - Stevenson
SG - Wright
PG - Casio :D

Projectspeed
08-17-2011, 05:10 AM
Philippines
China
Iran
South Korea

IAmPersian
08-17-2011, 06:18 AM
1. Iran ...... hope so :D
2. China
3. Philippines
4. South Korea

d_viper
08-17-2011, 06:29 AM
1.iran
2.china
3.korea
4.?

will try to update later:D

donno
08-17-2011, 08:47 AM
1. Iran
2. China
3. South Korea
4. three way tie with Philippines, Jordan and Qatar (especially, that they already naturalize Chauncey Leslie in their NT)

i will not make any predictions yet for Lebanon as what are Lebanese friends here are saying, i need to see first who will be their naturalized player for Wuhan.

paolylo
08-18-2011, 04:11 AM
i think i've made my predictions on the other (http://forums.interbasket.net/f76/fiba-asia-championship-2011-wuhan-15351/p8.html) thread.

1. Iran
2. South Korea
3. China
4. Philippines

nader
08-18-2011, 09:14 PM
1.lebanon
2.china
3.iran
4.s korea
5.c.taype
6.japan
7.quatar
8.syria

leb-basket
08-18-2011, 10:18 PM
no one is predicting lebanon in the final 4 anymore lol is it bcz we lack preparations or since we are playing without el khatib ?

potz05
08-19-2011, 05:39 AM
no one is predicting lebanon in the final 4 anymore lol is it bcz we lack preparations or since we are playing without el khatib ?

I think it is because they/we haven't really seen the real Lebanon NT.

babdelkader
08-19-2011, 05:41 AM

both :)
in 2 years, when el khatib retires, no one will predict lebanon in the quarter final, Chinese Taipei and Philipines has token our place already, since we loosed last year against CT.

lebanese phoenix
08-19-2011, 08:42 AM
both :)
in 2 years, when el khatib retires, no one will predict lebanon in the quarter final, Chinese Taipei and Philipines has token our place already, since we loosed last year against CT.

it's not all about el khatib;)
sure he's a big plus but we can win asia without him.
stop being so pessimistic, i on the contrary am very optimistic about our chances and about our future, just notice how strong the lebanese league is getting lately (top level imports, high level locals,5-6 teams competing on the title,big sponsors finding intrest in the sport....)
as long as our league is okay,then rest assured that we will dominate in asia;)
and the way i see it,the lebanese league is gona get only better and better,with this year more teams competing on the title, the year after that homentmen in div 1 probably competing with a big budget)
the golden age is coming back trust me;)

babdelkader
08-19-2011, 08:45 AM
it's not all about el khatib;)
sure he's a big plus but we can win asia without him.
stop being so pessimistic, i on the contrary am very optimistic about our chances and about our future, just notice how strong the lebanese league is getting lately (top level imports, high level locals,5-6 teams competing on the title,big sponsors finding intrest in the sport....)
as long as our league is okay,then rest assured that we will dominate in asia;)
and the way i see it,the lebanese league is gona get only better and better,with this year more teams competing on the title, the year after that homentmen in div 1 probably competing with a big budget)
the golden age is coming back trust me;)

nshalla ;)

PostMaster
08-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Final 4

China
Iran
Lebanon
Korea/ Jordan

6th to 8th
Qatar
Phil
Chinese Taipei

Reality bites....

babdelkader
08-20-2011, 09:25 AM
Final 4

China
Iran
Lebanon
Korea/ Jordan

6th to 8th
Qatar
Phil
Chinese Taipei

Reality bites....

your more optimistic than us man :D

jundakki
08-20-2011, 05:35 PM
China
Iran
South Korea
Lebanon

PostMaster
08-23-2011, 01:35 AM
I almost forgot... Team Japan. They will mostly likely scramble 6th to 8th Place with Philippines and others.

makotosing
08-23-2011, 02:30 AM
predictions... hehehehe

1.malaysia
2.indonesia
3.india

:) :) :)

AlYuson
08-23-2011, 11:24 AM
IMO my final 4..

1. China
2. Iran
3. South Korea
4. Jordan/Philippines

sinobball
08-23-2011, 11:47 PM
1-4th China Iran Jordan Korea in no particular order
5-8th Philippines Qatar Lebanon Japan in no particular order

I'd say this is the most evenly-matched FIBA Asia in decades (of course I only know anything about the past 20 years). It's exciting and nervous at the same time. All the top 8 teams could indeed win against another on a given day. May the best team win!

samer_1_2
08-24-2011, 09:19 AM
1-4th China Iran Jordan Korea in no particular order
5-8th Philippines Qatar Lebanon Japan in no particular order

I'd say this is the most evenly-matched FIBA Asia in decades (of course I only know anything about the past 20 years). It's exciting and nervous at the same time. All the top 8 teams could indeed win against another on a given day. May the best team win!

I think you will are mistaken..

I am sure that Qatar will be among the first four, and might be the second or third/. after third naturalization Chonsay leslay ..nogombo and thid one cant remember

Lebanon will not be strong enough to reach the finals.. But I assume he can reach the fourth rank or third if lucky

China is not tht strong China as before
Iran same as Lebanon, many strong players become old but experienced will be first/second/third

Philippines might reach final four

I bet Korea will be the surprise this year !!! remember my words
Jordan, you didn't talk about Jordan.. Jordan will be strong enough to compete..

Let's wait.. how many days left ???

Batman
09-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Final 4

China
Iran
Lebanon
Korea/ Jordan

6th to 8th
Qatar
Phil
Chinese Taipei

Reality bites....

I don't agree with you. More realistic would be 1.China 2.Iran 3.Philippines 4.S.Korea 5.Qatar 6.Jordan 7.C.Taipei 8.Japan

lebanese phoenix
09-03-2011, 07:30 AM
:(
I don't agree with you. More realistic would be 1.China 2.Iran 3.Philippines 4.S.Korea 5.Qatar 6.Jordan 7.C.Taipei 8.Japan

so realistic would be philipines placing 3rd after before Qatar,korea and Jordan and Lebanon not even reaching the Quarters?:D

babdelkader
09-03-2011, 07:59 AM

so realistic would be philipines placing 3rd after before Qatar,korea and Jordan and Lebanon not even reaching the Quarters?:D

possble man,
we have Iran, Qatar, korea, Chinese Taipei before attending the QF, is that so easy for you to beat one of these teams with the young team ?

macan77
09-03-2011, 08:14 AM
possble man,
we have Iran, Qatar, korea, Chinese Taipei before attending the QF, is that so easy for you to beat one of these teams with the young team ?

even if lebanon reach the quarters, they would still get the the 4th place which they would need to beat china for them to enter semis..i don't see lebanon beating iran, korea..qatar maybe but im leaning towards qatar beating lebanon..

lebanese phoenix
09-03-2011, 08:36 AM
possble man,

let me tell you something dear friend, it seems you are new to lebanese basketball, Lebanon has never ever been out of the semis for the past decade;)
the only asian team to do that btw. even in our worst days, with out B teams like in 2003 we were able to make the semis,remmember in 2003 we were about to make the finals after an overtime with Korea, and we were playing with a bunch of 19 year old youngsters like ahmad brahim and ghaleb rida. So i dont see us out of the semis with this stronger team, chinese tapei ? Qatar ? are you kidding me? you saw how easily we were beating the Qataris with minimal effort practicing with our bench against them and not showing all our cards, chinese tapei ?:D when did this team ever come close to beating us? never, as for Iran and Korea, i'm not saying it's gona be easy but i'm positive that we can snatch a win against a least one of these 2 teams and why not both (although unlikely),so it's very likely that we qualify 2nd or even 1st, meaning that we will meet easy teams in the Qarters like the philipines or japan,guaranteing us a place in the semis, and from there on, everything is possible.
so stop being so pessimistic, bcs if you have followed lebanese basketball since a while you'd know that there is nothing to fear, worrying about teams like chinese tapei:p, come on man, are you worried we might also loose against india and malaysia:D?

macan77
09-03-2011, 09:33 AM
let me tell you something dear friend, it seems you are new to lebanese basketball, Lebanon has never ever been out of the semis for the past decade;)
the only asian team to do that btw. even in our worst days, with out B teams like in 2003 we were able to make the semis,remmember in 2003 we were about to make the finals after an overtime with Korea, and we were playing with a bunch of 19 year old youngsters like ahmad brahim and ghaleb rida. So i dont see us out of the semis with this stronger team, chinese tapei ? Qatar ? are you kidding me? you saw how easily we were beating the Qataris with minimal effort practicing with our bench against them and not showing all our cards, chinese tapei ?:D when did this team ever come close to beating us? never, as for Iran and Korea, i'm not saying it's gona be easy but i'm positive that we can snatch a win against a least one of these 2 teams and why not both (although unlikely),so it's very likely that we qualify 2nd or even 1st, meaning that we will meet easy teams in the Qarters like the philipines or japan,guaranteing us a place in the semis, and from there on, everything is possible.
so stop being so pessimistic, bcs if you have followed lebanese basketball since a while you'd know that there is nothing to fear, worrying about teams like chinese tapei:p, come on man, are you worried we might also loose against india and malaysia:D?

nice analysis..very objective..good luck..;)

mavrick_h
09-03-2011, 09:52 AM
even if lebanon reach the quarters, they would still get the the 4th place which they would need to beat china for them to enter semis..i don't see lebanon beating iran, korea..qatar maybe but im leaning towards qatar beating lebanon..

4th place ? are you suggesting that we're going to lose against Qatar ? hahaa

leaning ha ? you're too scared to play against them in QFs ? :D

macan77
09-03-2011, 10:05 AM
4th place ? are you suggesting that we're going to lose against Qatar ? hahaa

leaning ha ? you're too scared to play against them in QFs ? :D

don't worry, coz i am PREDICTING (prediction could be wrong or right) that we will get the 2nd place in our group..meaning we will be facing them..is that ok with you?

macan77
09-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Quarter finals pairing (predcitions only, got it)..

Teams scores

Iran (1st) vs. Japan (4th) 89 - 74 Iran
China (1st) vs. Lebanon (4th) 90 - 70 China
Korea (2nd) vs. Jordan (3rd) 70 - 66 Korea
Philippines (2nd) vs Qatar (3rd) 80 - 70 Philippines

Semifinals

Philippines vs Iran 93 - 85 Iran
China vs Korea 80 - 73 China

3rd placing

korea vs Philippines 66 - 60 Philippines
Finals

Iran vs China 88 - 82 China

scores with over 10 points only means that said team have no way of winning over the other team while those 10 points and below could go either way..

lebanese phoenix
09-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Quarter finals pairing (predcitions only, got it)..

Teams scores

Iran (1st) vs. Japan (4th) 89 - 74 Iran
China (1st) vs. Lebanon (4th) 90 - 70 China
Korea (2nd) vs. Jordan (3rd) 70 - 66 Korea
Philippines (2nd) vs Qatar (3rd) 80 - 70 Philippines

Semifinals

Philippines vs Iran 93 - 85 Iran
China vs Korea 80 - 73 China

3rd placing

korea vs Philippines 66 - 60 Philippines
Finals

Iran vs China 88 - 82 China

scores with over 10 points only means that said team have no way of winning over the other team while those 10 points and below could go either way..

lool at you and the people predicting the results and the score to the digit.
here's a funny prediction, philipines against malaysia to determine the 15th place: Malaysia 112- philipines 34
seriously dude, dont just throw numbers, maybe you can add some analysis then you'd be talking basketball;) not just throwing random numbers like kindergardners:rolleyes:

rocketstar47
09-03-2011, 11:04 AM
1 I.R Iran
2 China
3 South Korea
4 Jordan

MVP: Hamed "THE GIANT MONK" Haddadi

All Tournament
Haddadi
Yi
Moon
Bahrami
Wright

macan77
09-03-2011, 11:08 AM
lool at you and the people predicting the results and the score to the digit.
here's a funny prediction, philipines against malaysia to determine the 15th place: Malaysia 112- philipines 34
seriously dude, dont just throw numbers, maybe you can add some analysis then you'd be talking basketball;) not just throwing random numbers like kindergardners:rolleyes:

wahahaha..so what's the problem if i throw in numbers..those numbers are just predictions that could reflect the game..that's why there is a note below..let me explain one example:

the 3rd placing of Philippines and KOrea, if the philippines held their defense against the high scoring korean team to just below 70 then we have a chance of pulling an upset but if they shoots the lights out with over 70 points, then they win..ok..while china and lebanon, there's no chance of your team winning against them..it could be 15 points or 25 points but i more on 20 points lead..:cool:

also, i know you would react (and maybe some of your lebanese poster) coz i did not give your team a slot on the semis..but what the hell, its my prediction..you make you own prediction and i would not say anything..;)

babdelkader
09-03-2011, 11:10 AM

I was in the Lebanon-China final in shanghai in 2001 :)

Im trying not to be so optimistic and then chocked maybe.
anyway all the luck for our NT, am waiting the championchip...

babdelkader
09-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Here are my predictions:

Groupe A:
1- Lebanon
2- Korea
3- Malaysia
4- India

Groupe B:
1- Iran
2- Qatar
3- Chinese Taipei
4- Uzbekistan

Groupe C:
1- Jordan
2- Japan
3- Syria
4- Indonesia

Groupe D:
1- China
2- Philippines
3- UAE
4- Barain

Q8-1:
1- Iran
2- Qatar
3- Lebanon
4- Korea

Q8-2:
1- China
2- Jordan
3- Phiippines
4- Japan

Q4:
China - Korea China
Jordan - Lebaon Lebaon
Philippines - Qatar Qatar
Japan - Iran Iran

Q2:
China - Lebanon China
Iran - Qatar Iran

final:

1- China
2- Iran
3- Qatar
4- Lebanon
5- Korea
6- Jordan
7- Philippines
8- Japan

what do u think :confused:

Khalid80
09-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Guys calm down :cool:.

I deleted a few posts since you are starting to get personal with each other.

I will post the forum guidelines again in case some of you forgot about them and I hope you will abide by them.

If there are any posts that are offensive remember that you can always report the posts and the Moderators will take the required actions and thank you.

INTERBASKET.NET FORUM GUIDELINES

Most people at InterBasket.Net get along fine. This is a big site with very few problems and everyone has freedom of speech here.

If you follow these basic guidelines, you can help keep this site strong.

DO
• Use common courtesy
• Exercise your good judgment
• Debate respectfully
• Translate to English by yourself or with a computer program
• Build a good reputation
• Report offensive behavior using the "report" buttons

DON’T
• Abuse, stalk, or insult other users (even if they deserve it or started it)
• Spam, flood, or irritate
• Intentionally start arguments or flame wars
• Make off-topic posts

EXTRA NOTES TO REMEMBER
• Avoid discussing issues that are sensitive to other users. Some issues are obviously upsetting, especially issues of nationality. You won’t solve anything by making such discussions.
• The best way to end any argument is to simply write "Whatever " and stop posting in that topic.
• Spamming includes unwanted advertising. It is usually not a good idea to create a new post just to advertise another website. If your first post is a link to an ad for used basketball socks, you’ll probably get banned. (If an outside website is relevant to a discussion, post a link. Feel free to post a link to your personal website or blog in your signature).
• Keep images and signatures at a reasonable size so that the site is easy for everyone to download. 450 pixels by 100 pixels is the largest size for a signature, even if the picture in your signature is linked to another site. • To avoid flooding (posting too much about the same thing in an inappropriate discussion), create threads for specific topics that you post a lot about. There is no need to interrupt the discussion of “EuroLeague Rumors and Signings” with lots of posts about the scores in the Andorran Division III League. Make a new thread about the Andorran Division III League and get people excited.
• The “UN Forum” at the bottom of the forums homepage is a great place for “off-topic” discussions.
• In the past, a few loud users have had trouble avoiding sensitive issues and insulting other users. When this happens, it is usually because of a sports rivalry that does not need to be dramatized on the internet. Remember: there are probably a few nice Lakers fans somewhere in the world, so don’t call them all “idiots.”
• Please provide reputable links when you can. Links to online newspapers are clearly more reputable than links to a forum that contains wild rumors. If the link is not in English, please provide a translation.

CONSEQUENCES
If users decide to damage the quality of InterBasket.Net by insulting, flooding, spamming, or otherwise violating the integrity of InterBasket.Net, moderators usually send several warnings. The moderators here are very patient and a simple reminder to the violating user is usually the end of the issue. However, should a user continue to hurt the discussion at InterBasket.Net, it will result in a series of temporary bans and, if the violations continue, end in a permanent ban.

There have been users in the past who joined InterBasket.Net and immediately started making racist or other prejudicial comments. These cases are always obvious and such users are banned without discussion.

Khalid80
09-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I was in the Lebanon-China final in shanghai in 2001 :)

Im trying not to be so optimistic and then chocked maybe.
anyway all the luck for our NT, am waiting the championchip...

Wow! That's great man :) You were probably one of the few Lebanese that were able to go to China to watch the games.

I went to Turkey last year and watched the Lebanese NT play in the World Championships in Izmir before heading to Istanbul to watch the second round and quarter finals.

Here are my predictions:

final:

1- China
2- Iran
3- Qatar
4- Lebanon
5- Korea
6- Jordan
7- Philippines
8- Japan

what do u think :confused:

I personally think that Japan and Korea are better prepared than Qatar for this championship and I do believe they will have better results. We didn't get to see the 1st NT of Japan in action as they were seriously preparing for the Asian Championship outside Asia and playing against really tough good teams (like the ones they have faced in their preparations in Germany)....
We should also remember that Korea will have a naturalized player in this tournament which is something that they haven't had for a while.

Qatar is much better with Leslie but still I don't consider their preparations for this championship as good as that of Japan and South Korea.

I hope Lebanon qualifies to the semis but our preparations have been quite horrible and probably the worst ever compared to the last years... I really hope this doesn't affect our results.

A positive note though is that our new team is quite unknown to the other teams (excluding Qatar) since the other Asian teams have been used to seeing Fadi, Rony, Ali playing with us so I hope we can use this to our advantage.

mavrick_h
09-03-2011, 03:13 PM
don't worry, coz i am PREDICTING (prediction could be wrong or right) that we will get the 2nd place in our group..meaning we will be facing them..is that ok with you?

well i don't have a problem apparently you have one.

so is it going to be ok with me ? use your imagination :)

daniab
09-03-2011, 03:27 PM
What the heck with you guys? everyone has his own opinion and predictions, and i dont see anything wrong with people excluding Lebanon from the Top 4 , and you cant blame them abt that when they see our roster missing at least 8 players from the last Fiba Asia edition.

My own predictions goes like that:

tier 1: Iran, China, Lebanon, South korea and Jordan (in no particular order with slight advantage to Iran then South Korea)
tier 2: Qatar, Philippines, Japan
tier 3: Chinese Taipei

To Lebanon, a top 4 finish is GREAT with our current squad and with such awful preparations, but this isn't easy as you can notice that all the teams are very very well prepared, take a look at Jordan whom so far had played around 30 games (Waba, Belarus tournament, King abdullah, Ukraine tournament, jones Cup and now Manila!!!), China has been preparing with the top teams in the world, S. korea Iran Japan Qatar have all been camping and playing at high level!
While we barely played so far 6 games with full squad and at low level against Syria and Algeria, except Qatar which is a good game but not the best afterall!

Not to add, that when you have such transition btw a generation and another, you have always to keep ur hopes down as you cant define how the players will react in the serious moments, however I can see Lebanon winning Fiba Asia 2013 with such a huge potential we have!!!

macan77
09-03-2011, 04:06 PM
well i don't have a problem apparently you have one.

so is it going to be ok with me ? use your imagination :)

whatever dude, whatever..as long as your are happy..;)

Batman
09-07-2011, 07:28 AM

How would a young inexperience team win against teams who already knew each other for almost 2 years? They had even knew the smell of their jersey sweat and even the smell of their feet!

Mojado
09-07-2011, 09:15 AM
1. Iran
2. China
3. Qatar
4. Jordan
- - - - - - - -
5. Lebanon
6. Korea
7. Sri Lanka (They jump right in after Uzbekistan didnt travel due to visa problems - Sri Lanka then naturalized five guys and gives them new names. Rakumadraylangangbang Williams, Shirandershubidubidubidu Collins and Kukumamilove Brooks are top-scoring alwways for newly hired coach Momcilo Brbomilivojevic)
8. Philippines

babdelkader
09-07-2011, 10:52 AM
1. Iran
2. China
3. Qatar
4. Jordan
- - - - - - - -
5. Lebanon
6. Korea
7. Sri Lanka (They jump right in after Uzbekistan didnt travel due to visa problems - Sri Lanka then naturalized five guys and gives them new names. Rakumadraylangangbang Williams, Shirandershubidubidubidu Collins and Kukumamilove Brooks are top-scoring alwways for newly hired coach Momcilo Brbomilivojevic)
8. Philippines

so funny :cool:

PostMaster
09-10-2011, 01:16 AM
It's not mediocre, it's just reality. 6th place is a realistic and achievable finish for team Philippines. Why? They can't beat China, Iran, South Korea, Lebanon, Jordan..... They will even have a hard time against Qatar and Japan....

macan77
09-10-2011, 09:09 AM
It's not mediocre, it's just reality. 6th place is a realistic and achievable finish for team Philippines. Why? They can't beat China, Iran, South Korea, Lebanon, Jordan..... They will even have a hard time against Qatar and Japan....

ok.....:cool:

apiSigbinz
09-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Wow it's been a long time since I posted in this forum. Ok here's my prediction:

Semifinalists 1: Iran vs Phillippines
Semifinalists 2: China vs Korea

Iran and China are just on different level compared to the rest of Asia. They are beatable but only probably 3 out 10 games can they be beaten. Korea is in their usual deadly form while Philippines although composed of mostly amateur players has now a threat inside in the presence of Douthit. Even this is not the best the Philippine can offer, I still believe that this team is very dangerous and has more chance of winning compared to the previous NT.

This is my top four and after this anything can happen. I am actually willing to bet on my top four. If you know some reliable site where I can bet please share it to me. Currently I am a member of betfair but I don't see any line open for FIBA Asia.

rocketstar47
09-11-2011, 12:01 PM
prediction!!:d
1-uzbekistan
2-indonesia
3-iran
4-china

IAmPersian
09-11-2011, 04:33 PM
lol interesting : ))))))

macan77
09-11-2011, 04:37 PM
prediction!!:d
1-uzbekistan
2-indonesia
3-iran
4-china

u forgot malaysia...

kurtsabug
09-12-2011, 06:46 AM
1. Iran
2. China
3. Philippines
4. South Korea

* but I think Japan will come very well prepared
* what's with will Lebanon? but i think they are force to beat. Someone told me their current roster is better than qatar. i guess i've read that, it was quoted by coach T.
* Tiu will average 12 pts/game his bestest stats since his GILAS stint because of his hard work and dedication to gilas :D
* i will be completely satisfied if GILAS will land 5th place, with the way they played with jordan and qatar here in their tune-up

durden_tyler
09-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Iran
China
South Korea
Philippines

The rest: who cares.

reamily
09-12-2011, 07:06 AM
In no particular order Korea Jordan China Iran:D:D:D

prince75
09-12-2011, 07:55 AM
My 5 cents

1. Iran
2. China
3 - 8 Philippines, Korea, Jordan, Qatar. Lebanon, Japan

Hoping for a 3rd place finish and if we'll be very lucky probably 2nd

SmartGilasFan
09-12-2011, 10:51 AM
1. Korea
2. Iran
3. China
4. Japan/Philippines

Bluechipkid
09-12-2011, 11:44 AM

If the Philippines can hold its defense against teams like China, Jordan, and Iran, it has a chance to make the game close. The Philippines gunners from outside must hit their mark to open up the middle for Douthit and Williams.

all_about
09-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Iran
Philippines
China
South Korea

ddreamer
09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
You guys rank China too high I guess, for me they wont be in top 4.

My Final Four would be

Lebanon
South Korea
Pilipinas
Iran

Semifinal Dream Match up

Lebanon vs Iran, battle of mideast asian

Pilipinas vs South Korea, battle of east asian

apiSigbinz
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Wow it's been a long time since I posted in this forum. Ok here's my prediction:

Semifinalists 1: Iran vs Phillippines
Semifinalists 2: China vs Korea

Iran and China are just on different level compared to the rest of Asia. They are beatable but only probably 3 out 10 games can they be beaten. Korea is in their usual deadly form while Philippines although composed of mostly amateur players has now a threat inside in the presence of Douthit. Even this is not the best the Philippine can offer, I still believe that this team is very dangerous and has more chance of winning compared to the previous NT.

This is my top four and after this anything can happen. I am actually willing to bet on my top four. If you know some reliable site where I can bet please share it to me. Currently I am a member of betfair but I don't see any line open for FIBA Asia.

oh by the way, these semifinalist could be interchange..

Kutsuit
09-12-2011, 06:28 PM
What are Lebanon's chances in this upcoming tournament? Can they realistically aim for the title? :)

lebanese phoenix
09-12-2011, 06:57 PM
What are Lebanon's chances in this upcoming tournament? Can they realistically aim for the title? :)

the coach and the players' aim is the title, and they asserted that more than once, they have the potential, but they lack the experience,as you might know lebanon is missing Khatib,Freije,Beshara,Vroman,fahd,mahmoud,daniel faris,billy faris,ahmad brahim,turk,rustom,haidar,mneimneh,samaha... (so we're missing basically our top players)
But the team we're sending this year is a young,fast,tall and talented team,they have everything they need to compete.

the thing about this year's team is that all the players play a very physical game,everyone's a fighter, the coach calls them "my 12 barbarians",they're quite agressive on defense and fight for every ball.
another thing to signal is that this team and despite the absence of beshara,freije,fahd,khatib,turk is a sharpshooting team, everyone on court can shoot the 3, even hoskin who averaged 40% from the 3pt line in europe as well as all the other starting players without any exception,Ali kanaan for example (our starting PF),shot about 70% from the arc in a game against Qatar, 2 shots of which were buzzer beaters.
Elie Stephan will also be a daunting opponent, as an example he shot 6/6 3pts in the first quarter in a game against Syria.
Our strong agressive defense will be what brings us victory against the koreans and the stronger teams, we have a tall and young lineup ( our shortest PG is about 188 cms),our young team can play the full court press for 40 mins, that's why i fancy our chances against the koreans and think that if we play with heart and dedication we will be the surprise of the tournement.

The team you'll see at wuhan is nothing like the others you saw, what lacks in experience they make up for it in speed,talent,determination and spirit.
On paper we may not be as strong as the strongest contenders but we're definetly gona make some noise and gona for sure exceed everyone's expectations, i'm not saying that we're gona definetly win, heck we may even loose in the quarters, but from where i stand,this team's got everything to compete,just remmember one thing if we do make some noise, it'll be bcs of our DEFENSE.
I know that alot of people will start bashing right now but i will only say one thing, wait for Wuhan and then judge us, it's not very far away and one of us is gona eat their words.

budz17
09-12-2011, 07:39 PM
the coach and the players' aim is the title, and they asserted that more than once, they have the potential, but they lack the experience,as you might know lebanon is missing Khatib,Freije,Beshara,Vroman,fahd,mahmoud,daniel faris,billy faris,ahmad brahim,turk,rustom,haidar,mneimneh,samaha... (so we're missing basically our top players)
But the team we're sending this year is a young,fast,tall and talented team,they have everything they need to compete.

the thing about this year's team is that all the players play a very physical game,everyone's a fighter, the coach calls them "my 12 barbarians",they're quite agressive on defense and fight for every ball.
another thing to signal is that this team and despite the absence of beshara,freije,fahd,khatib,turk is a sharpshooting team, everyone on court can shoot the 3, even hoskin who averaged 40% from the 3pt line in europe as well as all the other starting players without any exception,Ali kanaan for example (our starting PF),shot about 70% from the arc in a game against Qatar, 2 shots of which were buzzer beaters.
Elie Stephan will also be a daunting opponent, as an example he shot 6/6 3pts in the first quarter in a game against Syria.
Our strong agressive defense will be what brings us victory against the koreans and the stronger teams, we have a tall and young lineup ( our shortest PG is about 188 cms),our young team can play the full court press for 40 mins, that's why i fancy our chances against the koreans and think that if we play with heart and dedication we will be the surprise of the tournement.

The team you'll see at wuhan is nothing like the others you saw, what lacks in experience they make up for it in speed,talent,determination and spirit.
On paper we may not be as strong as the strongest contenders but we're definetly gona make some noise and gona for sure exceed everyone's expectations, i'm not saying that we're gona definetly win, heck we may even loose in the quarters, but from where i stand,this team's got everything to compete,just remmember one thing if we do make some noise, it'll be bcs of our DEFENSE.
I know that alot of people will start bashing right now but i will only say one thing, wait for Wuhan and then judge us, it's not very far away and one of us is gona eat their words.

wuhan is days away.

lebanon has high ranking, but you should understand where people are coming from. the team is young and untested, and here you are proclaiming that this team will do better than previous teams with better and more experienced players.

leb-basket
09-12-2011, 07:44 PM
wuhan is days away.

lebanon has high ranking, but you should understand where people are coming from. the team is young and untested, and here you are proclaiming that this team will do better than previous teams with better and more experienced players.

yeah but man our exp team always reached the finals! so whatever the current team achieved it will not be sth better than the previous version did.

GilG
09-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Wow, this is a tough one. Nevertheless, here's my top four:

1. China
2. Iran
3. Korea
4. Jordan/Philippines/Japan

I'd like to put Lebanon as well, but Fadi El Khatib's absence will surely hurt their chances in this tournament. Still, I'm not going to count out the Lebanese to make some noise in the competition.

Kutsuit
09-13-2011, 05:02 AM

Wow, thanks for taking all the time to type this up. I really appreciate it. :)

Judging by what I've read from your post, it seems like Lebanon have quite a good future ahead of themselves. If your team doesn't win the Asian championship this year, it would still have a good chance to do so two years from now, I suppose. :)

Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply. Good luck to Lebanon. I hope you can pull off a surprise in Wuhan.

babdelkader
09-13-2011, 05:58 AM
Wow, this is a tough one. Nevertheless, here's my top four:

1. China
2. Iran
3. Korea
4. Jordan/Philippines/Japan

I'd like to put Lebanon as well, but Fadi El Khatib's absence will surely hurt their chances in this tournament. Still, I'm not going to count out the Lebanese to make some noise in the competition.

You're exaggerating man !!!!

kingkobe
09-13-2011, 08:16 AM
Iran

china

korea

philippines / japan / jordan

LamowkTepowk
09-13-2011, 01:47 PM
1. Iran
2. China
3-6 (in no particular order) Jordan, Korea, Japan and the PHILIPPINES! :D
and the rest. with Malaysia the lowest team.

mikepogi
09-14-2011, 02:04 PM
You're exaggerating man !!!!

I think that the WADA teams are not really concern about this year's Fiba-Asia. You guy are probably building a team for the next Fiba competition.. The strong teams right now are the East Asians. I actually have Japan/Korea/China/Iran as the top 4 teams to look out for...