X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Oly sign another SG?

The case with Maces is that he can be out for 2 months or 6 months,
    either way will Oly sign another SG?

in the greek championship Oly will play with 11 players since McNamara can play only in Euroleague so there is an empty spot for another european,

Oly will have Domercant, Papamakarios as SG and Acker, Vasilopoulos as SF,
    so i think another SG is needed,

but are there any SG available? damn we shouldnt have given Seibutis on loan

maybe Oly will risk and not sign another player...

you have Penn, McNamara, Acker, Domerchant, Papamakarios...all capable of playing guard positions, so i don`t see a point of bringing another SG unless of similar quality to Macijauskas.
    My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Penn is PG and McNamara cant play in the greek championship
      and still we are one (the best) SG short

Comment

it depends on how long macas will be out!we can go till the greek play offs without another player.if he will be ready there no reason to sign anyone.if macas won't be ready in the play offs then we must sign a sg.
        http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
        Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

if macas is out for 2 months i see no need for another sg.the euroleague starts in about 5 weeks so he will miss just 2-3 games.besides in the euroleague we also have mcnamara(although he is a pg).on the other hand if he is out for 6 months maybe we need another guard,but with macas we have covered all 4 european players' positions(we have macijauskas,domercant, stack and zizic) so...?and i don't c any available greek sg capable of helping olympiacos...
          Your time is up my time is now,
          you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

if he is out for 6 months the european SG will play untill Maces return (if he returns this season) to take his place...

Comment

Originally posted by KokkinosVasilias
              if he is out for 6 months the european SG will play untill Maces return (if he returns this season) to take his place...
              that seems ok but macas has a 4-year contract.do we have to break it to bring another player in his position?and after that on what terms does he return?(i mean contract terms)it looks a bit complicated

Comment

you dont need to sign another SG. bosnian henry domercant is good enough

Comment

Guillermo Diaz is going to sign with the Olimpiakos,its that true?I hear that in the national league page
                  Last edited by PRSURF; 09-18-2006, 12:58 AM.
                  Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                  16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                  Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                  8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

that seems ok but macas has a 4-year contract.do we have to break it to bring another player in his position?and after that on what terms does he return?(i mean contract terms)it looks a bit complicated
                    the rules are little strange here in greece!
                    if we are talking about bosman players every team must have 4 in every game!but you can change these players whenever you want without ending their contracts!you can have 10 but only 4 can play!

look what pao will do.they will start in the championship with tomasevic but when voujanic returns then they have the opportunity to use voujanic without ending the contract with tomasevic!
                    http://enwsisofwn.blogspot.com/
                    Live your life with basketball

P.E.O.S. - The return of the wise men!

Comment

Originally posted by KokkinosVasilias
                      The case with Maces is that he can be out for 2 months or 6 months, either way will Oly sign another SG?
                      There is a rumor based on todays articles, Alexis Kyritsis from Marousi BC will replace Mace.
                      ARIS THESSALONIKI - SEMPER FIDELIS

Comment

actually Kiritsis wont replace Maces, since he is greek he will play even when Maces return, besides he's a very good player with some potentials, its a good signing since there are restrictions about foreign players...

there is the chance that McNamara will play as a european so he will replace Maces is the greek championship, he has Irish origins...

Comment

i read about kyritsis too but if olympiakos signs kyritsis then we would have domercant papamakarios kyritsis and(when he returns) macijauskas playing at the same position!a european player would seem more suitable for the occasion because he can leave the team when macas returns

Comment

The diagnosis says its a total rupture, that means 6 months

signing another european SG isnt necessary because McNamara will get a european passport and he will play instead of Macas until April,
                            so we do have 4 europeans playing in the greek league
                            (Zizic, Stack, Domercant, McNamara) no reason to get another one

you are right that we will have too many guards, but Kiritsis is one of the best greek guards and we need as many good greek players as possible,
                            dont forget that Oly said they were (probably still are) interested in Zisis even though we have so many guards...

PAO has so many great guards and all the summer they were trying to get Zisis as well! and they also got Vujanic, now they have 6 guards (7 if you consider that Siskauskas can play guard)!

Comment

A telephone call arrived in the offices of Fortitudo Bologna for Belinelli.
                              Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information