2011 Jones Cup Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Jones Cup Women

Does anybody knows, if there will be a WJC for Women this year too, and which nations will take part?

Originally posted by tmlouk View Post
    Does anybody knows, if there will be a WJC for Women this year too, and which nations will take part?
    Jones Cup Women will take place July 31 this year and the participants are the host (2 teams: NT + World University Team), Japan U-24/Universiad team, Korean WKBL club, India, and probably Malaysia.
    aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
      Jones Cup Women will take place July 31 this year and the participants are the host (2 teams: NT + World University Team), Japan U-24/Universiad team, Korean WKBL club, India, and probably Malaysia.
      thank u for this fast reply..

Comment

Sorry but I was on the official website looking at the women's schedule and was wondering. What nation is : World Universiade women's basketball?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CAREY33 View Post
          Sorry but I was on the official website looking at the women's schedule and was wondering. What nation is : World Universiade women's basketball?

Thanks.
          Obviously, a team from the host. They are fielding 2 teams.
          aim low, score high

Comment

India 63 - Korea 59

Is this Korean Womens team at Jones Cup the National Team or a lower level team? Would be a huge upset if it was the Korean NT...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Basketball View Post
              Is this Korean Womens team at Jones Cup the National Team or a lower level team? Would be a huge upset if it was the Korean NT...
              no National Team...Samsung Life(club team)
              & starting center Kim Kye-Ryung is absent(NT's member)
              again KOREA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by T-MAC & K.G View Post
                no National Team...Samsung Life(club team)
                & starting center Kim Kye-Ryung is absent(NT's member)
                thanks for the info..any national team players on this Samsung Team? is the womens nt playing another tournament as a warmup for AC?

As i remember korea is the top womens team in asia, china is close to on par with them.

and any idea if the japan team is a club team or a nt?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Basketball View Post
                  thanks for the info..any national team players on this Samsung Team? is the womens nt playing another tournament as a warmup for AC?

As i remember korea is the top womens team in asia, china is close to on par with them.

and any idea if the japan team is a club team or a nt?
                  This Korean club is performing below expectations, even losing to Chinese Taipei University Team. From the box scores I can see they do have a famous player, Park Jung-Eun, long time NT player. But I see she's old. Played in 4 Olympics. Averaged 10ppg last year in the World Champs. I took T-mac & K.G.'s reply to mean that she's no longer in the NT this year.

Japan is a "B" team, or as they like to call it, the U-24 team. They already got together for months, playing some warm-up games in Australia in June and some games in Turkey last month. They'll be hard for India to beat I believe. I believe this team will also see action in the World University Games next month.

Chinese Taipei is "A" and is of course the heavy favorite.
                  Last edited by sinobball; 08-02-2011, 11:57 PM.
                  aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                    This Korean club is performing below expectations, even losing to Chinese Taipei University Team. From the box scores I can see they do have a famous player, Park Jung-Eun, long time NT player. But I see she's old. Played in 4 Olympics. Averaged 10ppg last year in the World Champs. I took T-mac & K.G.'s reply to mean that she's no longer in the NT this year.

Japan is a "B" team, or as they like to call it, the U-24 team. They already got together for months, playing some warm-up games in Australia in June and some games in Turkey last month. They'll be hard for India to beat I believe. I believe this team will also see action in the World University Games next month.

Chinese Taipei is "A" and is of course the heavy favorite.
                    thanks for the info ... there was some confusion today among India Basketball fans, who thought they'd beaten the Korean NT

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information