Tbl 2005-06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tbl 2005-06

We lost the former thread, but the play-offs are about to start and we can continue from here.

This week, the last games of the regular season will be played and some very important games will take place.

Ülker and Efes Pilsen will play against each other for the 1st position.

Galatasaray C.C. and Darüssafaka will fight against Fenerbahce and Besiktas C.T. for the last play-off spot.

Beykoz and Erdemir will use their last chance to stay in the league againts Mersin and Banvit.

Games:
    Ülker - Efes Pilsen
    Galatasaray C.C. - Fenerbahçe
    Besiktas C.T. - Darüssafaka
    Pinar Karsiyaka - Büyük Kolej
    Türk Telekom - Tuborg
    Banvit - Erdemir
    Mersin B.B. - Beykoz
    ITÜ - Tekel

Standings after 29 games:

1. Ülker...................24-5
    2. Efes Pilsen............24-5
    3. Besiktas C.T..........22-7
    4. Banvit..................20-9
    5. T. Telekom...........20-9
    6. Fenerbahçe..........18-11
    7. Tekel..................17-12
    8. Darüssafaka.........15-14
    9. Galatasaray C.C....15-14
    10. P. Karsiyaka........12-17
    11. Tuborg...............11-18
    12. Büyük Kolej.........10-19
    13. Mersin B.B............9-20
    14. Beykoz.................8-21
    15. Erdemir................7-22
    16. ITÜ.....................0-29
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Finally, I was waiting for somebody from Turkey to make a post like this .

Sariss - Malik Dixon or Aubrey Reese? What do you think about them and who is a better player for you? Any idea how much they can be making in their respective clubs (Galatasaray and Tekelspor)?

I hope that Galatasaray will beat Fenerbahce today and will advance to the play-offs. But what exactly Malik Dixon did to his own hand, since eurobasket info is kind of strange?
    Last edited by woma; 05-05-2006, 06:48 PM.
    Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Comment

Today's results
      Galatasaray C.C. - Fenerbahçe: 75-59
      Besiktas C.T. - Darüssafaka: 84-56
      Banvit - Erdemir: 78-76
      Mersin B.B - Beykoz: 86-89
      T. Telekom - Tuborg : 79-67
      ITÜ - Tekel: 61-79
      P. Karsiyaka - Büyük Kolej: 74-73

standings:

1. Ülker
      2. Efes Pilsen
      3. Besiktas C.T.
      4. Banvit
      5. T. Telekom
      6. Tekel
      7. Fenerbahçe
      8. Galatasaray C.C.
      ------------------
      9. Darüssafaka
      10. P. Karsiyaka
      11. Tuborg
      12. Büyük Kolej
      13. Beykoz
      14. Mersin B.B.
      ------------------
      15. Erdemir
      16. ITÜ

Hence, the play-off berths and the relegated teams have been decided. only the owner of the first place will be set tomorrow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galatasaray - Fenerbahçe game was on tv. Everytime I watch a game between Galatasaray/Besiktas/Fenerbahçe, the scenes I have to witness drive me crazy!! Stupid fanatics, stupid authorities, even more stupid team managers/directors... idiots!!! (sorry, but I'm really mad)

someone from the government must impose very harsh sanctions, or I just wish these three clubs close down their basketball activities!

Here is what happened if anyone is interested: before the game and during the first minutes on the 1st quarter, 3 explosives were thrown into the court! there was utterly nothing between players, and Galatasaray was leading. then the referees withdraw and went to the locker room. A few anouncements were made, and after a 15 min recess, the game re-started, just to be stopped a few minutes later by the stones thrown at the Fenerbahçe bench. The referees and the players went to the locker-room again and the spectators were evacuated. about 30 mins later, the game (if you call it a game) was resumed and thus finished.

What drove me even more crazy was the after-game speeches made by the Galatasaray manager and the coach. Instead of apologizing, they both was accusing Fenerbahçe players and their conspiracies GS coach H. Üner said some very ugly words towards Aydin Örs.

The scenario is more or less the same when Fenerbahçe hosts Galatasaray, and this time their even more stupid managers uses the same words and phrases. Include Besiktas into this also. they could be even worse!!

I know there are many faithfull, good fans of these clubs, but the situation is getting worse everyday. Something must be done. Someone not from the federation but from a higher authority (i.e. government) should take urgent measures. the club managers must be inhibited from talking such nonsense, and I'd love to see their clubs relegated.

sorry for this long non-basketball talk, but I cannot refrain myself!

Comment

Sariss - please, when you will calm down, write something about the game, especiall how Malik Dixon was doing, since Eurobasket posted an info that he cut off his finger, ouch . What happened?
        And I'm still interested in comparison Malik Dixon vs Aubrey Reese

Comment

Originally posted by woma
          Sariss - Malik Dixon or Aubrey Reese? What do you think about them and who is a better player for you? Any idea how much they can be making in their respective clubs (Galatasaray and Tekelspor)?
          I watched Dixon more times than Reese, due to broadcasting schedule. In my opinion, M. Dixon is a much better player and has a bigger share on the team's winning percentage. In fact, when the hypothetical possibility of him moving to Efes Pilsen arose, I thought he could be succesfull even on EL level. But Reese is a bigger guard physically and in the games I watched, he was better in inside scoring when compared to Dixon, whose perimeter shots are great, on the other hand. However, these are only my observations, and you should not take them too seriously

I don't have any info about their contracts, but other friends could give some numbers I believe. (Dixon was said to have been about to leave somewhere during the season due to financial problems)
          Originally posted by woma
          I hope that Galatasaray will beat Fenerbahce today and will advance to the play-offs. But what exactly Malik Dixon did to his own hand, since eurobasket info is kind of strange?
          I don't know what he did to his hand, but he played great tonight. On the other hand, Damir Mrsiç did not play and that was the biggest reason behind Fenerbahçe's loss imo; not only they lacked his scoring, but they also could not play in their known routine.
          Last edited by Levenspiel; 05-05-2006, 10:57 PM.

Comment

a

Hakan Demirel was great in the derby game. Very agile player, above average lateral and vertical quickness, good athleticism. Good strength and high basketball IQ. Very pleasant to watch indeed. If he can improve his free throw and three-point shooting-which are mediocre at best right now- he can become one of the best point guards in Europe.

Regarding Fatih Solak...If only he had started basketball at an eariler age and was smarter....

Comment

I'm also a fan of Hakan Demirel, and in a former thread I wished to move Efes Pilsen so as to develop into a top class player. I think he has that potential, but I doubt if he can realize this under the coaching of Aydin Örs

yesterday, Ülker beat Efes 71-69 in overtime and finished the regular season in the 1st place. It was a good, close game... Mirsad Türkcan and Ülker as a team started to play good basketball nowadays, and I begin to give some chance them for the title. On the other hand, Charles Smith was terrible in the second half and apparently he's playing his own game outside the system... I hope he will adapt better to team before the season ends. Popovic performed some interesting acting scenes, at which I was highly surprised. He fell down by the wind and held his ribs as if beaten hard by Türkcan, then tried to attack him

So, Fenerbahçe will play Efes Pilsen in the first round, and Ülker will take up Galatasaray: very high tension series...
              Last edited by Levenspiel; 05-07-2006, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Playoff match-ups
                Ülker - Galatasaray C.C (1-0)
                Efes Pilsen - Fenerbahçe (1-0)
                Besiktas C.T. - Tekel (0-0)
                Banvit - T. Telekom (1-0)

Playoff Schedule

May 10, 18:00 - Banvit - Türk Telekom
                May 10, 20:00 - Besiktas Cola Turka - Tekel
                May 10, 20:30 - Efes Pilsen - Fenerbahçe (NTV)

May 11, 18:00 - Ülker - Galatasaray Cafe Crown (NTV)

May 12, 20:00 - Fenerbahçe - Efes Pilsen (NTV)
                May 12, 20:00 - Besiktas C.T. - Tekel

May 13, 14:00 - Galatasaray Cafe Crown - Ülker (NTV)
                May 13, 16:00 - T. Telekom - Banvit

May 14, 18:00 - Tekel - Besiktas C.T (NTV)
                May 14, 15:00 - Fenerbahçe - Efes Pilsen *

May 15, 18:00 - Galatasaray C.C. - Ülker *
                May 15, 18:00 - T. Telekom - Banvit *

May 16, 16:00 - Efes Pilsen - Fenerbahçe *
                May 16, 18:00 - Tekel - Besiktas C.T. *

May 17, 20:00 - Ülker - Galatasaray C.C. *

May 18, 18:00 - Banvit - T. Telekom *

May 19, 20:00 - Besiktas C.T. - Tekel *

* if necessary

My predictions:
                Ülker - Galatasaray C.C (3-0)
                Efes Pilsen - Fenerbahçe (3-1)
                Besiktas C.T. - Tekel (3-1)
                Banvit - T. Telekom (2-3) (or, my wish)
                Last edited by Levenspiel; 05-16-2006, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Ülker - Galatasaray C.C (3-1)
                  Efes Pilsen - Fenerbahçe (3-1)
                  Besiktas C.T. - Tekel (3-1)
                  Banvit - T. Telekom (3-1)

Comment

Saris where did you get the info for the live broadcasts? I couldn't found anything on NTV's site apart from today's game

Comment

Predictions:
                      Ülker - Galatasaray C.C (3-0) Galatasaray can pull out a win, if Dixon has a lucky day.

Efes Pilsen - Fenerbahçe (3-1) if Mrsic can play, otherwise 3-0

Besiktas C.T. - Tekel (3-1) This series depends on Besiktas' own form, if they play well they'll win 3-0. Otherwise Tekelspor can advance.

Banvit - T. Telekom (3-0) Telekom is really out of shape last weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Nakz
                        Saris where did you get the info for the live broadcasts? I couldn't found anything on NTV's site apart from today's game
                        you can see the broadcast schedule and a more detailed program here.

They seem to have decided to broadcast the game on May 11 also. If extra games are needed, most probably they'll be showing them, too. I'll edit the post above as they anounce new info.

Comment

Could somebody explain to me what is the deal with Banvitspor? They have an average group of players, but they are playing very well this season. Does their coach is special or maybe there are some other reasons for their run?

I also don't understand why NTV is not showing any Banvit vs Turk Telekom games, since it's 4 vs 5 match-up, usually the one which is the most intensive and balanced.

And my projections for quarterfinals:

Ülker - Galatasaray C.C (3-1), Malik Dixon will somehow win one game for Galatasaray.

Efes Pilsen - Fenerbahçe (3-0), Efes will neutralize every strong points of Fenerbahce

Besiktas C.T. - Tekel (2-3), Besiktas will choke it in decisive game, you can always count for Ffriend or Elliott to do something stupid on the court

Banvit - T. Telekom (3-1), I have no idea why team with Erwin Dudley shouldn't win at least once.

Comment

I do apoligise for the kinda OT question but where can I watch on-line (on-line stats, that is) the games of the TBL? Is such a service provided in the official website? And by the way, what is the offical website anyway, is it tblstat.net?
                            The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

JCN, unfortunately I myself don't know any website providing online stats for TBL games. however, you can watch the matches from NTV online, which pretty satisfying at least from Turkey.

official website: http://www.tbl.org.tr/ & http://www.tbf.org.tr/

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information