Youth Olympics 2011 (U16 Tournament)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth Olympics 2011 (U16 Tournament)

There are Youth Olympic games right now in Trabzon/Turkey. Teams participating: Turkey, Latvia, Serbia, Montenegro, Greece, Lithuania, Russia, Estonia. Group stage is finished.

Semi finals:

Turkey-Lithuania

Serbia-Greece

all results and Boxscore:

http://www.trabzon2011.org/results/ (click on "basketball boys")

Turkey plays with 96 generation. Serbia seems to play with a "B squad" 95 generation. Turkey games are broadcasted by TRT 3. I will post links for the games if I find.

Lithuania plays with 15 years old players, too. Among them plays D.Sabonis (son of Arvydas).
    I'm on twitter

Comment

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
      Lithuania plays with 15 years old players, too. Among them plays D.Sabonis (son of Arvydas).
      I'm sure there will be broadcast for Turkey-Lithuania game. I will post if I find a link.

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Fan View Post
        There are Youth Olympic games right now in Trabzon/Turkey. Teams participating: Turkey, Latvia, Serbia, Montenegro, Greece, Lithuania, Russia, Estonia. Group stage is finished.

Semi finals:

Turkey-Lithuania

Serbia-Greece

all results and Boxscore:

http://www.trabzon2011.org/results/ (click on "basketball boys")

Turkey plays with 96 generation. Serbia seems to play with a "B squad" 95 generation. Turkey games are broadcasted by TRT 3. I will post links for the games if I find.
        Serbia is playing with 9 players born in 1995 and 3 born in 1996.

Turkey is playing at least with 1 player born in 1994 (Erris Nushi).
        But it's now an habit in Turkey to falsify players birthdates. Another case of falsification is Adnan Mustafa who will play tomorrow for Turkey at the U16 European Championship. Mustafa is listed as 1995 born but in reality he is 2 years older (1993).

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
          Serbia is playing with 9 players born in 1995 and 3 born in 1996.

Turkey is playing at least with 1 player born in 1994 (Erris Nushi).
          But it's now an habit in Turkey to falsify players birthdates. Another case of falsification is Adnan Mustafa who will play tomorrow for Turkey at the U16 European Championship. Mustafa is listed as 1995 born but in reality he is 2 years older (1993).
          Good that these players are not so important . Best turkish players are: Berk Ugurlu, Ogulcan Baykan, Baris Yurteri. Also other big prospects like Mehmet Alemdaroglu, Mert Cevik and Okben Ulubay (97) are missing because they are in U16 NT for EC. 95/96 generation and even 97 generation of Turkey is scary good. 100% product of Tanjevic/Izic scouting.

Comment

Good that these players are not so important . Best turkish players are: Berk Ugurlu, Ogulcan Baykan, Baris Yurteri. Also other big prospects like Mehmet Alemdaroglu, Mert Cevik and Okben Ulubay (97) are missing because they are in U16 NT for EC. 95/96 generation and even 97 generation of Turkey is scary good. 100% product of Tanjevic/Izic scouting.
            100% product of Tanjevic/Izic scouting in former Yugoslavia.

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
              100% product of Tanjevic/Izic scouting in former Yugoslavia.
              former Ottoman Empire

But answer one question for me Why are all those "former yugoslavians" tryn to be part of our country ? Izic, Tanjevic, Jahovic, Preldzic...and so on. I talked with brother of Kenan Sipahi yesterday on Facebook. He feels like Turk. It's strange isn't it ?

Comment

Yes and also Tolga Gecim is missing who is 35th or so in eurohopes.
                Seems to be a good team even without those key players.

And I think Dogukan Tekfidan has watched too much Dirk Nowitzki matches. All of his moves reminded me very much of Dirk. Of course not on his level but his fade away for example looked very similiar.

you can watch the turkish games here

Comment

i dont think barıs yurteri is a big prospect. he seems good at defence but not promising when it comes to offence. anyway i wanna ask a question. dont you think Berk Ugurlu seems so afraid of taking three pointers? as far as i remember he was 3 pointer king at younger ages he even compared to Kutluay.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
                    i dont think barıs yurteri is a big prospect. he seems good at defence but not promising when it comes to offence. anyway i wanna ask a question. dont you think Berk Ugurlu seems so afraid of taking three pointers? as far as i remember he was 3 pointer king at younger ages he even compared to Kutluay.
                    I think Berk has advise from coaches that he has to be pass- first PG. Baris Yurteri has very good tools to become a great player. Ha has the size, athletic abilities to be good allrounder on defence and offense.

Comment

Our U-15 team is in the final after beating Turkey (I guess, quite easily).
                      I'm on twitter

Comment

All that "scouting and naturalizing" goes to waste when you square off against a true basketball nation.

Lithuania - Turkey 75:50

Comment

Originally posted by pablonis View Post
                          All that "scouting and naturalizing" goes to waste when you square off against a true basketball nation.

Lithuania - Turkey 75:50
                          hah ha ha funny our main guys are not in the tournement this is our "B" squad of 96 generation

Comment

I was just kidding so take it easy.

And how come is this the "B" squad? The most talented '96 kids are playing in Euro U16 i assume?

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
                              hah ha ha funny our main guys are not in the tournement this is our "B" squad of 96 generation
                              To miss some key players isn't the same as to take "B squad".
                              I'm on twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information