Lietuvos Rytas
Asseco Prokom
Azovmash
Spartak St.Petersburg
Lokomotiv-Kuban
Minsk-2006
Nymburk
Qualifier 2

Home-Away system (16 games for each team)

1st places goes directly to Final4, while 2nd placed teams will go to final round of play-offs, where they will face winners of match-ups between 3rd and 4th teams of the groups. Series will be played in best-of-3 format

Qualification tournament (will be held in Siauliai from 27th of September till 2nd of October)

"A"

Yenisey
Honka
Anwil

"B"

Kranye Krylya
Dnepr
Siauliai

2 top teams of each group will go to 2nd round (including points taken in 1st one) and will play against each other again

Regular season will start on 10th of October and will finish in March of 2012

auris1
07-25-2011, 03:24 PM
So what do you know -in a few short years the league expanded beyond recognition.
I am not sure though which version i prefer - like in first year with short season and action packed finale,or like last year with some unfortunately weak teams added to expand the geography and lacking intrigue / suspense.
Time will be a judge.
The only thing i can say that i hardly care about the tournament.
I am going to watch the games and i hope there will be plenty of good ones,but you know,win or loose,it would not matter that much for me.
But i am ready to do 180 degree turn if necessary.

Mindozas
07-25-2011, 04:10 PM
My point of view changed a lot since last season regarding VTB. I didn't look at it seriously then, but now it's getting really interesting, league surely becomes more competitive. More Russian teams = higher class tournament, Astana invests a lot in their team (5mln $ budget, recent signings says a lot), Ukrainian teams getting stronger (sadly Donetsk isn't here), VEF, Nymburk also shouldn't be a push-overs. Got little info regarding Kalev and Minsk, but even without them, there're enough good teams. Just to remember how few years back Zalgiris had to play in poor BBL - it's a big step forward IMO and not only for us.
Btw, BBL should become somekind of 2nd division of VTB, otherwise league is doomed

wardjdim
07-27-2011, 05:47 AM
From now on, we will be saying..

The best leagues in Europe are
1) ACB
2) VTB League
3) The Field

The way it is, VTB has the potential to become better than the ACB. But it is not a national league and we don't know how it will run over the following years. As for attendance, the Spanish are incomparably better

sagenas
07-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, VTB is getting better and better. I hope to see Šiauliai qualifying for the main tournament - that would be very good for Lithuanian basketball because at perspective of level VTB is about similar to EuroCup, maybe even stronger by little and teams will play many games. It would be nice to see Šiauliai playing against such a teams like CSKA or Unics, Chimki. :)

hustlerlt
07-27-2011, 09:16 AM
I hope that Siauliai makes to the VTB also.They are again trying to improve their team with unknown players from weaker NCAA teams,but still I think they might beat both teams in their group.Krasnye Krylya should be the toughest oponent in their group with having players like Green and Brezec,but Siauliai are known to be able to compete against teams like Zalgiris and Rytas from time to time.For example,they lost to Zalgiris last season by only 10 points and were able to beat Rytas by 1 point,meanwhile still having one of the worst seasons in teams history.

vaslover
07-27-2011, 09:39 AM
As i heard our PBL should be repealed in next season. It just means that all russian teams, including VLADIVOSTOK eventually will play in VTB league. So, does it mean that two the main lithuanian giant will leave your LKL and will ONLY play in our VTB league?..

sagenas
07-27-2011, 09:41 AM
I hope that Siauliai makes to the VTB also.They are again trying to improve their team with unknown players from weaker NCAA teams,but still I think they might beat both teams in their group.Krasnye Krylya should be the toughest oponent in their group with having players like Green and Brezec,but Siauliai are known to be able to compete against teams like Zalgiris and Rytas from time to time.For example,they lost to Zalgiris last season by only 10 points and were able to beat Rytas by 1 point,meanwhile still having one of the worst seasons in teams history.

Brežec signed with Lokomotiv so that's good for them.

Šiauliai will have a home crowd advantage, besides that, they all will play from the preparations together (for example, last season they added Broadus when they were out of the EuroCup, then soon Harris moved to Ukraine, they got Delaš when season was already began, etc.) so this year it gonna be different. Besides that, American additions (especially Cameron Long) look to be great. They were possible NBA draft candidates so it's good for Šiauliai to sign him (I've read in Cameron's twitter that his mother has financial problems so he really wants to start his pro career and earn as much money as he can to help his mom..he looks to be very good from what I've read and heard from tohers).

What as for now, Šiauliai needs to get one more SF/PF player (it depends on that, where they are planning to use Žukauskas...) and even maybe PG because Long is more as a combo guard with shooting abilities so they need to find good substitution for Broadus. :)

Vaslover, no, they will play in LKL for sure because it really matters at getting Euroleague licenses and teams want to play there. As few days ago manager of Lietuvos Rytas told that they understand other teams from smaller cities need them, they want to be part of Lithuanian basketball and they WILL play in LKL.

Same with Žalgiris, while the biggest problem is for BBL - they might loose Rytas and Žalgiris there...even VEF had discussion about not playing in the regular season as Rytas and Žalgiris did last season.

What as for Šiauliai, they're not playing in any other European tournament (they didn't want to play in EuroChallenge and they didn't qualify for EuroCup because they lost in LKL play-offs) so they have much more free time for games.

seksiseppo1
09-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Honka wont play in VTB-qualifications. At least they were relegated from Korisliiga. Probably due to their finance.

http://www.basket.fi/uutiset/etusivun_uutiset2/?x33156=9699373

JGX
09-30-2011, 02:26 AM
DeJuan Blair with a strong qualifying tournament, we'll see how he does against better opposition.

Gonzaka
09-30-2011, 01:18 PM
As i heard our PBL should be repealed in next season. It just means that all russian teams, including VLADIVOSTOK eventually will play in VTB league. So, does it mean that two the main lithuanian giant will leave your LKL and will ONLY play in our VTB league?..That seems a merge between PBL and VTB.

Would there be possibly a russian group and a "rest of the world" one for the 2012-13 season?

vaslover
09-30-2011, 02:40 PM
That seems a merge between PBL and VTB.

Would there be possibly a russian group and a "rest of the world" one for the 2012-13 season?

Most probably that we,ll see a merge between PBL and VTB. I just don,t understand that if Lithuanians and other countries a merge with Russians for what exactly they,ll compete and participating? For money, for the national idea or something else? We can only guess. Really...

Mindozas
09-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Most probably that we,ll see a merge between PBL and VTB. I just don,t understand that if Lithuanians and other countries a merge with Russians for what exactly they,ll compete and participating? For money, for the national idea or something else? We can only guess. Really...

I'd put this question a bit differently. It's not like f.e. LKL or LBL is merging with VTB (they will stay the same), but PBL, so what exactly Russian teams will compete for? Money, national idea or smth else?

vaslover
09-30-2011, 03:35 PM
I'd put this question a bit differently. It's not like f.e. LKL or LBL is merging with VTB (they will stay the same), but PBL, so what exactly Russian teams will compete for? Money, national idea or smth else?

My friend, it,s too complicate questions for me, for what exactly Russians teams will compete for...:)

sagenas
09-30-2011, 05:42 PM
My friend, it,s too complicate questions for me, for what exactly Russians teams will compete for...:)

Other question here - Euroleague. Who and what for will get licenceses or something like this? And how can it change local competition?

P.s. more and more Russian teams are getting in VTB...Enisey already qualified, it looks that very soon Krasnie Krylia will be in the VTB United League, too.

vaslover
09-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Other question here - Euroleague. Who and what for will get licenceses or something like this? And how can it change local competition?

P.s. more and more Russian teams are getting in VTB...Enisey already qualified, it looks that very soon Krasnie Krylia will be in the VTB United League, too.

That,s why I think this competition is UTOPIAN. For example, the first five places will get licenceses to euroleague . Can you imagine, that two best Lithuanian teams eventually will get six and seven places( it,s possible,why not actually, especially considering Russian money) in the regular season. So, how they,ll solve their problems?.. That,s why this competition seems quite doubtful.

Mindozas
09-30-2011, 07:22 PM
That,s why I think this competition is UTOPIAN. For example, the first five places will get licenceses to euroleague . Can you imagine, that two best Lithuanian teams eventually will get six and seven places( it,s possible,why not actually, especially considering Russian money) in the regular season. So, how they,ll solve their problems?.. That,s why this competition seems quite doubtful.

Nor Zalgiris, nor Rytas, nor anyone else from LT plans to go out of LKL, so it'll stay as it is regarding Lithuania (A license + B license for LKL champ).
If in some utopical way LKL and other leagues would merge with VTB, still separate countries would have their places in EL, like it is in Adriatic League, so f.e. if Zalgiris finishes 6th and Rytas 7th - Zalgiris goes to Euroleague, VEF finishes 12th, they represents Latvia in qualies and etc., but it ain't gonna happen, not a chance in nearest future.
And I don't think VTB league is utopic or smth, IMO it's great replacement for BBL (for LT clubs), atleast VTB management is thinking some dumbs things like merging the leagues or smth... I don't mind PBL + VTB, but with others it ain't gonna work

auris1
10-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Rule of the thumb generally is good - always follow the money.
Russians pay the money,they want this competition.
We play because money is good,and teams we play against are competitive,with only few exceptions due to expansion.
I guess finland idea was not good at all either way you look.But the idea of replicating old ussr type of tournament is not bad.
2 Lithuanian teams,Estonian,Latvian,Belorussian,few Ukrainian teams,replace Georgians,and there you go.
But once money stops,it will be back to BBL

hustlerlt
10-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Something weird happened today.Astana beat Zalgiris 86:78.No disrespect to Astana,but Zalgiris were the clear favourites to win this match.

Dreamcatcher
10-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't say, that the result is very surprising. There were hard wins by Zalgiris against Kalev and even Naglis.

madmax
10-09-2011, 04:10 PM
oh snap - so almighty Zalgiris, a Final 4 candidate with NBA talent, loses to some obscure kazakh team with second rate americans and serbians:D Not even "european Wade" Weems seemed to have saved their expensive asses...

Jon_Koncak
10-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Second rate americans?:D

Rytas has no player close to Rawle Marshall's level.just sayin.

sagenas
10-09-2011, 04:27 PM

Stop joking, please.

pohani komarac
10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Stop joking, please.

rawle when hot can load any team in europe. consitacy is reason why he is not in top euro teams

but he can also destroy stemberger ass (face):D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6elu3pNWAo

madmax
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM

LMAO...
who is this Marshall... and why he doesn't play for any respectable team? Stop trollin, will ya

No need for that here. Robbe

Dreamcatcher
10-09-2011, 05:46 PM
In fact D.Johnson and Milosevic are former Rytas's players. Marshall, Cvetkovic and that big guy, whose name i don't remember and who can't play against pressing near the basket are not worse. So generally those Astana's americans are somewhere about the same level as foreigners that Rytas usually has.

I didn't see (or remember) that Marshall before, but i liked his skills. He's surely better than former Rytas's sf Newley. But we had Eidson some years ago, who's better than him. I don't remember noone else though.

sagenas
10-10-2011, 07:40 PM
In fact D.Johnson and Milosevic are former Rytas's players. Marshall, Cvetkovic and that big guy, whose name i don't remember and who can't play against pressing near the basket are not worse. So generally those Astana's americans are somewhere about the same level as foreigners that Rytas usually has.

I didn't see (or remember) that Marshall before, but i liked his skills. He's surely better than former Rytas's sf Newley. But we had Eidson some years ago, who's better than him. I don't remember noone else though.

Foreigners like that don't stay in Rytas for a long time.

Newley isn't worse than Marshall and he isn't former Rytas' SF, he's playing for Lietuvos Rytas right now.

If you look at Newley only from some games and the way he is used here in Vilnius, then you should watch some games of him playing for Australia.

P.s. and not "D.Johnson" but J.Johnson.

Dreamcatcher
10-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Foreigners like that don't stay in Rytas for a long time.

Newley isn't worse than Marshall and he isn't former Rytas' SF, he's playing for Lietuvos Rytas right now.

If you look at Newley only from some games and the way he is used here in Vilnius, then you should watch some games of him playing for Australia.

P.s. and not "D.Johnson" but J.Johnson.

What? Who don't say? Johnson was quite good, i liked his game, but then he got strong injury and that's way he left. Milosevic, who generally wasn't good, but it's the fact that he was Rytas player, is only 2-nd pg in Astana. And for example, Bjelica stayed for a long time in Rytas, but i would call him very average player with horrible rebounding and bad defence.

I watched some Newley's game in WC and didn't see anything what i couldn't see in Lithuania. He's quite good in defence, but he's freaking unstable in offense and has quite bad shot for SF. And you won't denie, that he's psichological weak, he mentioned it himself and it's also an important aspect of the game.

Finally, i don't understund the point of it's dispute. The current foreigners in Astana generally are players of Rytas's level. No doubt.

Illegal2k10
10-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Actually thats true.

Some people are tend to call players second rate if they dont play in well known teams.. Thats wrong in general. Price, Eidson, Nielsen, Bjelica could be easily called second rate player before they came to rytas and look how majority of them are doing now.

MrRager
10-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Newley isn't worse than Marshall

What a hell, man. WHATAHELL? You can praise your team as much as you want, but this is just too much, you've gone too far.

sagenas
10-11-2011, 03:08 PM
What? Who don't say? Johnson was quite good, i liked his game, but then he got strong injury and that's way he left. Milosevic, who generally wasn't good, but it's the fact that he was Rytas player, is only 2-nd pg in Astana. And for example, Bjelica stayed for a long time in Rytas, but i would call him very average player with horrible rebounding and bad defence.

I watched some Newley's game in WC and didn't see anything what i couldn't see in Lithuania. He's quite good in defence, but he's freaking unstable in offense and has quite bad shot for SF. And you won't denie, that he's psichological weak, he mentioned it himself and it's also an important aspect of the game.

Finally, i don't understund the point of it's dispute. The current foreigners in Astana generally are players of Rytas's level. No doubt.

Johnson was quite good before the injury but after that in Lietuvos Rytas he was terrible. He recovered in the end of the season in Turkey, though.

Miloševič was good only when Kurtinaitis was the coach, he used the best what Miloševič has.

That WC was Newley's the worst international tournament that he ever played...you should have watched him this year in games against teams like Serbia (okay okay, that were only friendly games but it does show how he can play, too). I definitely agree with you about pshychology, it's old story and I noticed that in a first month when he started to play for Lietuvos Rytas. Still, he is much better than others see him. http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng/fe/12/olym/player/p/eid/6232/orderby//ot//pid/44397/rid//sid/8509/tid/239/tid2//profile.html

You always really underrate players of Lietuvos Rytas and for you very well known name is always much better than not that much known player.

auris1
10-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Wtf.
At some level i love these moments of posting frenzy,but then again-Konjac guy is a troll.
Being signed for lrytas is usually a step up for most of the players
What happens afterwards is very simple - some of them get to sign for better teams in europe ,some get signed for better money abroad,but not in very good teams(like Ukrainian).
Some get contracts just because of that,for playing in lrytas.

afroditi
10-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Having watched both Marshall and Newley in Greece i can say that Marshall is more important for a team, whereas Newley is hard working, team player, but will never be a leader.

hustlerlt
10-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Rytas just lost to Azovmash 82:73.Horrible offense by us and also just awful FT shooting(55%).I hope this will be the first and also the last loss to the ukranians this year.

Picek
10-13-2011, 07:07 PM
Wtf.

Some get contracts just because of that,for playing in lrytas.yes, ofcourse :rolleyes:
all of europe is waiting to sign L. Rytas rejects..

Gytaz
10-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Žalgiris struggled once again, this time against Krasnye Krylia. They were down 4 points with less than a minute to go and Russians had the ball, but the hosts finished the game well. 84:82 for Žalgiris in their first game in the new arena. The team-play was lacking again, they won because of talent, but it won't be enough in the Euroleague. It's going to be a hard game against CSKA... And man, Weems and Lawson are SO fast, they could be the best fast-break duo in the Euroleague.

Miškinis
10-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Those who did not see the game can watch it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csWpnJzyG8c) (Žalgiris - Krasnye Krylia).

hustlerlt
10-29-2011, 05:41 PM
So anyways Zalgiris lost to Nizhny Novgorod 86:92 at home.That's just embarrassing.They need to get a new head coach ASAP,otherwise they'll get raped by Panathinaikos on friday.

madmax
10-29-2011, 06:40 PM
So anyways Zalgiris lost to Nizhny Novgorod 86:92 at home.That's just embarrassing.They need to get a new head coach ASAP,otherwise they'll get raped by Panathinaikos on friday.

I highly doubt a new coach is gonna improve the chances of that limited squad in a game against PAO in OAKA...or are there still some disilusioned fans who believe that a team consisting of Jankunas, Javtokas and Kalnietis is a Euroleague Final 4 contender?

hustlerlt
11-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Rytas beat Nymburk today 78:72.Rytas scorers were Rice 18(8 assists),Roberts 13(11 rebounds),10 Seibutis and Babrauskas,9 Rasic and Samardziski(7 rebounds),5 Valanciunas(6 rebounds),2 Jomantas and Katelynas.Nymburk scorers were Simmons 26,Wilson 20(7 rebounds),8 Bendra,7 Pumpra(8 rebounds),5 Spralja,4 Lawrence and 2 Necas.I didn't like the refereeing today,which at times was just horrible,Rytas free throw shooting needs a lot of work,they hit them only at 57%.Also the lithuanians in our team weren't really good today,but I liked to see their clear desire to win the game,which almost wasn't existing last year.

hustlerlt
11-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Zalgiris lost another game today.This time it was Vef,who won 88:79.Zalgiris scorers:Lawson 17,Rakovic 14,Javtokas 10(8 rebounds),Popovic 10,Weems 8(9 rebounds),Jankunas 6,Klimavicius,Kuzminskas and Kalnietis 4,Collins 2.Vef scorers:Millage 20,Bertans 18,Valters 13,Janicenoks 11,Kavaliauskas 9(7 rebounds),Perry 8,Sims 6,Berzins 3.Vef played a terrible game,but Zalgiris still managed to be worse,although I've got to admit,that in the end the latvians were a little bit lucky.Before this game I was sure,that Zalgiris will beat Brose Baskets in the Euroleague this week,but now I really doubt it.

hustlerlt
11-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Zalgiris lost another game,but this time at least it was a pretty good opponent-Uniks.Still that doesn't justify the result they were beaten by.The final result was 79:52 and I see no chances for Zalgiris to beat CSKA in Euroleague this week.Actually I don't see any chances for Zalgiris to lose by less than 15 points against CSKA.

rikhardur
12-23-2011, 02:35 AM
Aco Petrović left Azovmash's bench due to personal reasons. Gintaras Krapikas at the helm now.

gazzw87
12-24-2011, 04:05 AM
May I just ask a quick question?...

IS VTB the 'main' league for VEF this season? and also are they taking part in the BBL this year also? I know it sounds really dumb to ask but watching Riga in Eurocup the commentator was saying they've gone unbeaten in BBL yet they are not mentioned on the BBL site this year?!

The VTB League Iphone app is really ace aswell, nice to see!

Thanks

Gazz

Walken
12-24-2011, 07:55 AM
and also are they taking part in the BBL this year also?
they will participate from playoff stage http://www.bbl.net/images/gallery/small/de210b4fe4426d6c45cda19dc06854ce.jpg

gazzw87
12-25-2011, 01:54 AM
Thanks Walken that's good to know!

Gytaz
01-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Žalgiris won against Khimki 95:94 after amazing performance by Sonny Weems in the last possession.

VRI5N-FcFEc

Žalgiris definitely improved a lot since the beginning of the season.

LTbotd
01-12-2012, 07:36 PM
That was a great game to watch! Refs were absolutely awful to say the least. Oh and Sonny is a beast!

auris1
01-12-2012, 09:08 PM
That was a great game to watch! Refs were absolutely awful to say the least. Oh and Sonny is a beast!
Not so sure bout refs - i watched russian commentary on sport 2,but somehow i assumed that all of them were from Russia(refs) - and the commentator was still moaning all the time.
Unless you meant that they were supporting Chimki.The only thing i was suspicious was about Weems not getting technical against him being fouled in the end by Monia.
But it was great game indeed

vaslover
01-22-2012, 08:20 PM
If to believe to Sport-express, in a next season Legendary Lithuanian basketball club Zalgiris Kaunas will abandon LKL, and eventually except euroleague will play only in our PBL( ups,:rolleyes VTB :rolleyes:) сhampionship...
Is it true or bullshit?

Mindozas
01-22-2012, 08:59 PM
If to believe to Sport-express, in a next season Legendary Lithuanian basketball club Zalgiris Kaunas will abandon LKL, and eventually except euroleague will play only in our PBL( ups,:rolleyes VTB :rolleyes:) сhampionship...
Is it true or bullshit?

I don't see anything about abandoning LKL in "Sport-Express" article. Just critics that LKL is too weak, which is nothing new actually. However, as far as I remember, to take part in EL, club must participate in local league, so in this case - there's simply no way for Zalgiris to not play in LKL, atleast since play-offs stage like some clubs in Adriatic League does f.e.

vaslover
01-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Sorry for trolling guys, but seems like quite soon Lithuania will become the Russian basketball province.:) As i said two years ago, two lithuanian giants eventually will work on Russian basketball. Zalgiris and most probably LR will play against russian kids from Enisey, Novgorod,Lokomotiv Kuban, Triumpf, and the same time lithuanian kids from Neptunas, Sakalai, Siauliai, Rudupis and other small clubs will smoke a bamboo. Obviously, at least for me, that such players as Pukis, Ulanovas, Orelikas, Cizauskas, Janavicius, Juskevicius, Cepukaitis, Kulvetis and many others will not be develop in basketball development. All of them, most probably will be in basketball stagnation. For that you should say big thanks to Mr. Romanov...

Billy Bounce
02-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Fortunately for both Lithuanian & Russian kids, the Dark Lord Jordi ruled out participation of EL & Eurocup clubs in all kinds of esoteric leagues for the next season.

It pretty much cancels not only Zalgiris & Rytas participation in next year VTB , but all clubs with realistic chances to kick some ass in Euro completions ( Prokom, VEF , Donetsk, Nymburk, etc)

So Lithuanian kids are safe for now, as well as Russian kids from Triumph & Spartak Primorie .

VTB will transform into Open Russian League with non-Russian powerhouses like Kazakhstanian Astana and Finnish Honka.

Mindozas
02-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Fortunately for both Lithuanian & Russian kids, the Dark Lord Jordi ruled out participation of EL & Eurocup clubs in all kinds of esoteric leagues for the next season.

It pretty much cancels not only Zalgiris & Rytas participation in next year VTB , but all clubs with realistic chances to kick some ass in Euro completions ( Prokom, VEF , Donetsk, Nymburk, etc)

So Lithuanian kids are safe for now, as well as Russian kids from Triumph & Spartak Primorie .

VTB will transform into Open Russian League with non-Russian powerhouses like Kazakhstanian Astana and Finnish Honka.

Now suddenly expanding Top16 looks not that bad... Of course if you won't qualify there, to play only in bloody LKL for more than a half of the season is somekind of suicide. It's easy for f.e. Spanish teams, which has competitive league, but when you play in smaller one like LKL it's kinda disaster.
And regarding kids, well, first of all they must solve other problems, more serious ones, only couple of games against Zalgiris or Rytas surely won't help to develop into smth

madmax
02-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Now suddenly expanding Top16 looks not that bad... Of course if you won't qualify there, to play only in bloody LKL for more than a half of the season is somekind of suicide. It's easy for f.e. Spanish teams, which has competitive league, but when you play in smaller one like LKL it's kinda disaster.
And regarding kids, well, first of all they must solve other problems, more serious ones, only couple of games against Zalgiris or Rytas surely won't help to develop into smth

couple of games between two teams is a regular occurence in most european leagues...the problem is not the frequency of big matches, but consistent and fair federation, which is not favouring certain team against the other. And judging from the last game between the 2, the refereeing discrepancy is still very much painfully intact

Mindozas
02-13-2012, 09:32 AM
couple of games between two teams is a regular occurence in most european leagues...the problem is not the frequency of big matches, but consistent and fair federation, which is not favouring certain team against the other. And judging from the last game between the 2, the refereeing discrepancy is still very much painfully intact

No, I think the real problem is when someone can't understand what was written previously and sees some non-existing "ghosts". Anyways, if you just wanted to cry your heart out after such long period of time, I hope you feel better now and I feel so sorry for you pain and injustice you've been experiencing...

Straight forward
02-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Prokom versus Rytas tonight! Motiejūnas (who killed Rytas in the first game) against Valančiūnas.

18CET http://tv.lrytas.lt/live/

vaslover
02-13-2012, 09:54 AM

As i remember,since disintegration of the USSR,the both Lithuanian giants (including Atletas with Ilgauskas) never cried and didn,t complain that all this time they play in the weak LKL. Moreover, during participation in this weak LKL, Zalgiris has won euroleague in 1999 and LR won eurocup twice.
As for kids, believe me, if eventually LR and Zalgiris will leave LKL, you,ll see what lithuanian kids will perform on the youth championships (first of all i mean about U18 and U20 teams respectively) in the nearest 2-3 years.
P.s. Seems like great basketball Lithuania MANIACALLY wish to be our basketball province...:rolleyes:

Mindozas
02-13-2012, 12:14 PM
As i remember,since disintegration of the USSR,the both Lithuanian giants (including Atletas with Ilgauskas) never cried and didn,t complain that all this time they play in the weak LKL. Moreover, during participation in this weak LKL, Zalgiris has won euroleague in 1999 and LR won eurocup twice.
As for kids, believe me, if eventually LR and Zalgiris will leave LKL, you,ll see what lithuanian kids will perform on the youth championships (first of all i mean about U18 and U20 teams respectively) in the nearest 2-3 years.
P.s. Seems like great basketball Lithuania MANIACALLY wish to be our basketball province...:rolleyes:

And here we go again... What province? C'mon none is talking about leavin' LKL, even if it's weak and you can't deny that. It was weak when Zalgiris won EL (even didn't play in LKL till final stages that season) and it is weak now, there's nothing to complain about - it's a pure fact, so clubs always were looking for solutions (NEBL, BBL, VTB) or you want to say that playin' in VTB is already considered as bein' province? If yes, then it's ok, call it as you like, I don't mind as long as it's better for the club. More competitive league = more competitive games = more interest = better for the club, better for the fans. Sadly, Bertomeu thinks differently, so probably next season only LKL + EL regular season is for granted for Zalgiris, so VTB with additional number of competitive games would be surely a loss, especially if as I wrote - Zalgiris would fail to qualify to Top16. Though if it'd be urgent to leave VTB, let it be - EL is priority.
Regarding kids, there're much bigger problems in whole youth bball system than missing couple of games in a year against Z or LR, only that wouldn't make them any kind of superstars, nor it would mean downtrend for youth bball generally

Dreamcatcher
02-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Roberts is too much for Donatas. Great defence against him, he managed to score only from ft and 3 pt lines.

Straight forward
02-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Roberts is too much for Donatas. Great defence against him, he managed to score only from ft and 3 pt lines.

All Rytas team worked very well against Motiejunas, Roberts is just a little part of that job. Really tough defence and refs was homecourt friendly by the way. I was sitting very close to the court. My only point is that Roberts barely a hero here.

And Prokom's guards are literally terrible. Even worse than Rytas'.

Dreamcatcher
02-14-2012, 10:44 AM
All Rytas team worked very well against Motiejunas, Roberts is just a little part of that job. Really tough defence and refs was homecourt friendly by the way. I was sitting very close to the court. My only point is that Roberts barely a hero here.

And Prokom's guards are literally terrible. Even worse than Rytas'.

I remembered that Roberts in the first game in Poland defended him good too, and then Donatas scored his points in the second half against Katelynas, if i remember correctly. Overall good job by Roberts playing against Motiejunas.

Rytas's guards are not bad except Stepas. And even he can play decently in defense and make some threes. Seibutis is a great signing for Rytas, considering he's lithuanian. The problem is that Rice and Rasic are not classical point guards, but Rice is individually strong player and Rasic is a good shooter. Overall it's OK. The real problem is SF line. Maybe there was not any money for a new one. Maybe there were not any reasons to buy him. The game by Rytas has improved.

Billy Bounce
02-15-2012, 09:10 AM

Yea, by expanding Top16 EL actually cares about big sharks only ( the clubs with budgets to qualify to Top16 automatically ) , while clubs "on-the-edge" of qualification risk here their whole season.

I like football Champions League model here: regular season 3-rd seed clubs have a chance of saving the rest of the season in DivB League Europa.

rikhardur
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
h88bT4vWqAg

hustlerlt
03-10-2012, 04:10 PM
A pretty interesting result in a game between CSKA and Azovmash 62:37.The 4th quarter ended with an impressive result of 4:6.
Also the game between Spartak and Asseco Prokom ended with a result of 45:50.

Mindozas
03-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Regular season finished today with Zalgiris cruising past VEF 93:56 and finishing 3rd in group A, while VEF was eliminated. Now time for play-offs

1st round (best of 3)

Zalgiris - Lokomotiv Kuban

Rytas - Nizhnyj Novgorod

2nd round (best of 3)

Spartak - Zalgiris/Loko

Khimki - Rytas/NN

Final 4

Unics - Spartak/Zalgiris/Loko

CSKA - Khimki/Rytas/NN

Miškinis
03-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Final 4

Unics - Spartak/Zalgiris/Loko

CSKA - Khimki/Rytas/NN

Are you sure about these pairs? Today during the game the commentator said that if Žalgiris is in F4 then he plays against CSKA.

Mindozas
03-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Are you sure about these pairs? Today during the game the commentator said that if Žalgiris is in F4 then he plays against CSKA.

C'mon it's Nalivaika :) Btw, info taken from official site. Now there's even this picture filled with teams

Miškinis
03-18-2012, 09:02 PM
C'mon it's Nalivaika :) Btw, info taken from official site. Now there's even this picture filled with teams

Ok, thanks. I got confused a little bit. I'd say we have quite good chance to reach the finale (which most likely means playing against CSKA).

Mindozas
03-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Ok, thanks. I got confused a little bit. I'd say we have quite good chance to reach the finale (which most likely means playing against CSKA).

With Zalgiris you never know. Wouldn't be too surprised if we'd lose 0-2 against Loko, the same goes with us playin' in final. Simply too hard to guess when the team is so unstable even during almost each game. Of course both Loko and Spartak are beatable, even in away game, while regarding Unics, it'd depend where the F4 will be held. Last year it was in Kazan, so now either it's Lithuania's turn again to host it, either it'll be Moscow, so surely there're chances to beat them, but that's about all I guess

Hepcat
05-02-2012, 07:05 PM
At halftime it's still close in the semi:

CSKA Moscow 41 Vilnius Lietuvos Rytas 38

:cool:

rikhardur
05-04-2012, 01:40 AM
CSKA champions, what a surprise :cool:

Highlights of the semis game CSKA vs Rytas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvgG186hJxI

madmax
05-04-2012, 07:32 AM
CSKA just did what they came here for - to claim a trophy...
Actually Rytas played a good game against them and had a chance to win at the end or at least make it even tighter, but some braindead decisions on the offensive end put a final nail in the coffin. Congrats to the best team in Europe and hopefully they win Euroleague too