Italian Serie A 2011-2012 news & transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian Serie A 2011-2012 news & transactions

Well, if things go as expected, tonight Siena will gain its 5th title in a row, so I think it's time to start a brand new thread for 2011-2012 season.

We don't even know how many teams will play next year, though it's a very likely scenario there will be 18 once again.

- Biella officially confirmed SG Aubrey Coleman and is trying to re-sign PG Edgar Sosa. They're after PG Gal Mekel, whose name's on the list of other teams like Treviso and Cantù. They're also targeting rookie PF Matt Howard.

- Varese will keep PG Teemu Rannikko, PF Janar Talts and PF/C Diego Fajardo. They're in talks with SG Phil Goss who they would like to stay, while Kristjan Kangur and Ron Slay will go.

- Cantù is going to sign PG Andrea Cinciarini (Montegranaro), confirming most of the players. It's very likely that even C Marko Scekic will stay.

- Virtus Bologna would like to bring back to Italy PG Terrell McIntyre.

- Cremona won't keep PG EJ Rowland (Bulgarian passport), who's about to agree to terms with Unicaja Malaga.

- Pesaro is trying to re-sign PG Andre Collins, who will play as a Bulgarian.

- Avellino is close to confirm PF Linton Johnson, after a great final stretch of the season. They're interested in keeping also PF Szymon Szewczyk and PG Marques Green, but it won't be easy since they have offers from several teams.

Comment

What is situation with Siena? Who's gonna stay, who'll leave? Any rumours regarding that?

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
        What is situation with Siena? Who's gonna stay, who'll leave? Any rumours regarding that?
        Most of the players will stay, the club worked really well last summer with contract extensions.
        I guess McCalebb, Kaukenas, K. Lavrinovic, Carraretto, Aradori, Ress, Michelori will all stay.
        They will probably confirm Zisis who played very well this season.

Stonerook, Moss, Rakovic, Hairston all are under contract but they all are having offers, so they may decide to let one or two of them go as well as to confirm them all.

There are rumors they want to bring back David Andersen who was part of the team that won the 1st title, but it was a while ago.
        They may also sign Kristjan Kangur (Varese) with a multi-yr deal but for now it's a rumor.

Virtus Bologna-Terrell McIntyre is a done deal.

Comment

Thanks for the info Boyd, what do you think about Sassari? Great opening season in Serie A, but it's going to be hard to keep their top imports no? James White is in the States working out for NBA teams, he probably doesn't want to play in Serie A again. Othello Hunter had a pretty good season as a newcomer in Serie A. I'm big fan of his, I'd like to see him continue in Italy or another high level European league. Travis Diener was injured on & off the whole season, I wonder if Sassari even wants him for next year?
          Last edited by Chigusa; 06-21-2011, 04:03 PM.
          http://BuckeyeBallers.Blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chigusa View Post
            Thanks for the info Boyd, what do you think about Sassari? Great opening season in Serie A, but it's going to be hard to keep their top imports no? James White is in the States working out for NBA teams, he probably doesn't want to play in Serie A again. Othello Hunter had a pretty good season as a newcomer in Serie A. I'm big fan of his, I'd like to see him continue in Italy or another high level European league. Travis Diener was injured on & off the whole season, I wonder if Sassari even wants him fo next year?
            Like every summer Sassari is dealing with financial issues, so that there are rumors they can even sell their rights to another team. I believe Sassari will be there in the end, but I also guess they'll be forced to start their moves very late. I don't see any chance for them to keep any of those players.

Meanwhile: Omar Thomas (league MVP) and his Slovenian passport...It's not valid...Houston we have a problem!

Comment

Is there any team that can put up a realistic challenge to Siena next year? You would think with the money of Armani and Scariolo now coaching there, AJ would give them a shot, but I just don't like their roster that much. Bologna would be reasonable, but something is just missing there right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                Is there any team that can put up a realistic challenge to Siena next year? You would think with the money of Armani and Scariolo now coaching there, AJ would give them a shot, but I just don't like their roster that much. Bologna would be reasonable, but something is just missing there right now.
                I'd say Cantù, not only because they reached the finals and played well, so that they deserved at least to win 2 games instead of 1, but they also have a great young coach (Andrea Trinchieri) who, according to me, is the best in Italy, Pianigiani included.
                I just don't know if they'll be able to handle two competitions, although I really appreciate they confirmed almost all of their roster (it's today's news they officially re-signed Marko Scekic with a 2-yr deal).

About the others, it's too early to say...Let's see what their strategies will be, even if I'd really made a huge effort to convince K.C. Rivers to stay, rather than betting on McIntyre's health.

Comment

Maybe Virtus should keep both. I really don't think McIntyre will be healthy all season, nor is he the player he once was. KC Rivers really was the real deal after Bologna acquired him.

Comment

What's the story about Omar Thomas being arrested for usage of a false passport at the airport of Rome?
                    Anyone has more details?
                    ----------------------------------
                    http://www.europeanprospects.com
                    Who will be the next ...?
                    News and Scouting Reports on European Youth Basketball
                    ----------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by xtf_no4 View Post
                      What's the story about Omar Thomas being arrested for usage of a false passport at the airport of Rome?
                      Anyone has more details?
                      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Siena signed Mario Kasun. I think this means they're getting rid of Rakovic who's off to a bad end of the season.

Comment

Maccabi Tel Aviv wants Nikos Zisis, but Ferdinando Minucci (Siena's chairman) said he will stay 99%. He also added that both Stonerook and K. Lavrinovic wants to stay despite the offers they have, while he said Mailk Hairston could go.

Virtus Bologna signed Terrell McIntyre (2-yr deal).

Milano signed Omar Cook (2-yr deal).
                          They're interested in Pablo Prigioni, Boniface Ndong and Darius Lavrinovic.

Gal Mekel rejected offers from Italy, as he wants to play in Spain.

Biella is interested in Ivan Zoroski (last season in Teramo).

Comment

Hi, what's about Phil Goss? I heared Varesa want him to stay, but they don't come together yet. Are there any rumors, if he has offers from other clubs?

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                              Hi, what's about Phil Goss? I heared Varesa want him to stay, but they don't come together yet. Are there any rumors, if he has offers from other clubs?
                              Yes, Varese was consireding to confirm him, but according to the latest rumors they're about to sign Drake Diener. This means Goss will not stay, he will certainly leave.

Cremona confirmed Croatian PF Jasmin Perkovic.

Siena confirms to be in talks with David Andersen.

Pesaro is interested in Ebi Ere (Caserta), but will not sign Jumaine Jones, who has a big offer from Brindisi (LegaDue) and should be headed there.

Montegranaro is interested in Serbian guard Ivan Paunic (Nizhny Novgorod).

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information