PDA

View Full Version : NLB Adriatic League 2011/2012

Pages : [1] 2

pohani komarac
05-29-2011, 08:59 PM
now most teams are know. bigest change is of corse maccabi will join league...but also lot "big names" won't be here. Crvena Zvezda, Zadar, Split, Bosna:(

Slovenia: Krka, Union Olimpija, Helios and Zlatorog

Serbia: Partizan, Hemofarm, Radnički (with free WC) and FMP (with paid WC)...tough there are some rumours Čović owner of FMP will enter in Zvezda

Croatia: Zagreb, Cedevita and Cibona (with paid WC)...quality basketball only in Zagreb in Croatia:(:mad:

BiH: Široki

Montenegro: Budućnost

Israel: Maccabi (good old balcan team:D)

this should be teams for next season. tough, mornar from motenegro, igokea from bih and feni from maccedonia are hoping to get in infront of one croatian or serbian club, or hopping league will icrese number of club to 16

hope for good season...it will be itresting to see what our clubs can do against 3-5 time more expensive maccabi

Roy M
05-29-2011, 09:29 PM
now most teams are know. bigest change is of corse maccabi will join league...but also lot "big names" won't be here. Crvena Zvezda, Zadar, Split, Bosna:(

Slovenia: Krka, Union Olimpija, Helios and Zlatorog

Serbia: Partizan, Hemofarm, Radnički (with free WC) and FMP (with paid WC)...tough there are some rumours Čović owner of FMP will enter in Zvezda

Croatia: Zagreb, Cedevita and Cibona (with paid WC)...quality basketball only in Zagreb in Croatia:(:mad:

BiH: Široki

Montenegro: Budućnost

this should be teams for next season. tough, mornar from motenegro, igokea from bih and feni from maccedonia are hoping to get in infront of one croatian or serbian club, or hopping league will icrese number of club to 16

hope for good season...it will be itresting to see what our clubs can do against 3-5 time more expensive maccabi

I can count Ljublijana, Krka, all the 3 Croatia teams and Budu as good and competitive teams.

Joško Poljak Fan
05-30-2011, 09:38 AM
I am afraid Helios and Laško won't go in some spending spree with their Adriatic league participation. They'll try to establish some talented/semi talented youngsters I assume, with a simmilar or just slightly bigger budget than this season.
Unless some X factors go their way, that's the range of 10th-14th place in AL next season. Too bad, as Krka and Olimpija won't be able to maintain a good win/loss ratio by themselves.

Krka will have a competitive team, as well as Dragič and Murič should blossom sooner or later.

I'll damn sure miss Zadar here... they're one of my all time favourites and I only wish they'd recuperate and return fast to AL.

Maccabi of course is the favourite, but they'll have a tougher job than most people imagine.

Zadar, Bosna, Split, Crvena Zvezda... first time that as many giants will be missing from the league as this time. The league isn't the same without them...

Billy Bounce
05-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Are there any league restrictions ( general number of players allowed to be registered for a game, any restrictions on Europeans/American/aliens from outer space :p) ?

Kinda ironic that Maccabi bitched and moaned about playing in final fours in BSL instead of series, but doesn't seem to care about playing final fours in EL & Adriatic :D

pohani komarac
06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Are there any league restrictions ( general number of players allowed to be registered for a game, any restrictions on Europeans/American/aliens from outer space :p) ?

Kinda ironic that Maccabi bitched and moaned about playing in final fours in BSL instead of series, but doesn't seem to care about playing final fours in EL & Adriatic :D

don't know how much players can one team have, but you can have americans as much as you wannt

it's not domestic legue and it is under uleb

Czarkazem13
06-01-2011, 07:23 PM

Kinda' like Maccabi being a "good old European team" in the EL...:D

kemikal
06-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Well it was announced today that Israel gets to be the F4 host :)
Now you have the answer why they didn't bitch or moan :rolleyes:

Source: http://bit.ly/m5AXtx

Single team winning it five years in a row can't be good for business, they needed to do something about that, hell yea! Maybe next year they could try to bring in Miami?

NidzaPBC
06-08-2011, 04:39 AM
If Partizan win NLB again, PAO and OLY will join next year and final 4 will be in Athens lol :rolleyes:

Cibos
06-08-2011, 09:27 AM
If Partizan win NLB again, PAO and OLY will join next year and final 4 will be in Athens lol :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. Not everyone is after you.

Grobari and conspiracy theories :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
06-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Maccabi is in because of the money, not because of Partizan :)

AL needs a big sponsor and increasing revenue from TV rights to get from 3 million € somewhere to 5 million +, to start producing money for the top clubs as far as ticket revenues goes, as well as rewards (200.000 € was given to top4 teams in 2008 as far as I remember, but that's barely enough for one rotation players salary...)

For that to happen AL needs competitive Zadar and Zvezda and basketball returning back to Zagreb, Cibona wasn't exactly followed as much as one would expect there + a club from Macedonia

When Partizan, Zvezda, Olimpija, Zagreb/Cibona/Cedevita, Zadar will have decent competitive teams, with the likes of Hemofarm, Bodučnost, Krka, Široki not having the same attendance but being able to compete from now and than the league would become profitable and there would be no need for extra foreign teams.

Attendance rose from 1179.62 in 2007/2008, to 2069,99 in 2008/2009, can't find the stats for 2009-2011, but my guess would be that attendance rose over 3000 this season. New sponsor (NLB is retreating) should apreciate that. And if the trend continues, ex-Yu basketball and it's top teams, would finaly get the place they deserve.

With Maccabi included in the league, that'll surely boost the revenue (for all parties included) and that's why they're in.

Cibos
06-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Any news on new main sponsor of the league?

Billy Bounce
06-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Well it was announced today that Israel gets to be the F4 host :)
Now you have the answer why they didn't bitch or moan :rolleyes:

Source: http://bit.ly/m5AXtx

Single team winning it five years in a row can't be good for business, they needed to do something about that, hell yea! Maybe next year they could try to bring in Miami?

The problem that IIRC there are only 3 arenas capable of hosting F4 : Belgrade, Zagreb , Ljubljana.

All those 3 hosted the event three consequent times : Belgrad(2009), Zagreb(2010), Ljubljana(2011).

Don't you guys get tired of the the same rotation each freaking year ? Let's try something new like hosting Adriatic F4 in Tel Aviv. :D

Cibos
06-11-2011, 01:10 PM
The problem that IIRC there are only 3 arenas capable of hosting F4 : Belgrade, Zagreb , Ljubljana.

All those 3 hosted the event three consequent times : Belgrad(2009), Zagreb(2010), Ljubljana(2011).

Don't you guys get tired of the the same rotation each freaking year ? Let's try something new like hosting Adriatic F4 in Tel Aviv. :D

Zadar has great new Arena as well.. but they never qualify for F4.. now they even managed to get relegated :rolleyes:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Visnik_interier.JPG

Hopefully they'll bounce back..

Maybe league should try hosting the tournament in neutral cities as well.. Split has great new high capacity arena.. some other cities as well... i'm sure it would be sell out as well there.

When it comes to Arenas only problematic ones are Cedevita's "Sutinska Vrela" and Krka's "Leon Štukelj". They're not bad.. they're just.. small. Minimum capacity for this season will be 3000..

pohani komarac
06-11-2011, 01:28 PM

Not realy

Spaladium arena Split, for basketball it could acept 13000 fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KakZ3HL55E&feature=related

Krešo Ćosić arena Zadar, 10000 for basketball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c_r4P2KFHA&feature=related

problem is Croatia is to centralized so evrything goes to Zagreb so Split and Zadar are not in league, even tough Split, Zadar along with Sibenik, Dubrovnik, Rijeka and Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina and small places around them are where 95% of Croatian basketball players are from

Cibos
06-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Ye.. ye.. it was Zagreb's fault that Zadar was paying millions to players who didn't play single minute because Aco got in fight with them..

It was Zagreb's fault that Dino Rađa is incompetent to lead u12 girls team, let alone professional squad. Its always Zagreb's fault.. never theirs.

pohani komarac
06-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Ye.. ye.. it was Zagreb's fault that Zadar was paying millions to players who didn't play single minute because Aco got in fight with them..

It was Zagreb's fault that Dino Rađa is incompetent to lead u12 girls team, let alone professional squad. Its always Zagreb's fault.. never theirs.

man grove up....i live 100km from zagreb and i get 2less paid for same job i would get in zagreb

croatia industry is in terible shape, most mone croatia gets is from tourisam wich 90% is related to summer guests in dalmatia...you know dubrovnik, split, zadar, rijeka, hvar and so on.......but somehow all that money and investments ends in zagreb....

2nd bigest money resurse comes from farmers in slavonija...but again investments ends in zagreb who only builds banks, stores and apartments....so many people left othere areas because they only can find jub in zagreb.....so sport is product of that centralization.......same way split and zadar spent money and lead clubs are done in kk cibona and kk zagreb....but jet they always find 3-4 times more money than clubs in other areas........you know croatia osiguranje, main sponsor of kk zagreb has debut of 4mill kn to kk split, 3 time europian champion, wille they are throwing money in kk zagreb.....it's to har to matain sucsesfull with such unfair treatment

Cibos
06-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Bunch of nonsense.. blaming others for your problems. Both Split and Zadar did it to themself. Also, last time i checked this wasn't politics forum. I don't give a damn about tourism, politics or economy, especially not if its bunch of nonsense. I believe others think so too.

I'm not from Zagreb either btw... i just live there temporarily.. and you are talking nonsense.

Joško Poljak Fan
06-11-2011, 03:15 PM
It is a bit off topic... but why for example Tedeschi (at least I think that' the guy) isn't investing in KK Split. If I had the money that'd be my first choice by far.
12.500 capacity arena, Split's metropolitan area almost reaches half a million of population, enormous talent pool and loads of fans that would return as soon as their club would get back on track.

pohani komarac
06-11-2011, 03:23 PM
Bunch of nonsense.. blaming others for your problems. Both Split and Zadar did it to themself. Also, last time i checked this wasn't politics forum. I don't give a damn about tourism, politics or economy, especially not if its bunch of nonsense. I believe others think so too.

I'm not from Zagreb either btw... i just live there temporarily.. and you are talking nonsense.

politics and economy are conected with sport.....the fact team in split can't get same amount of money that team from zagreb is directley conected with economical situacion in croatia...the fact there are only few rich peaople in croatia like tedeschi who can sponsor sport club makes most clubs dependable on political and state money and influace....since political cetar is in zagreb all state money is in zagreb, since profesional sport is hevily dependable on money, basketball quality of coaches and players ends where money is...if you have brain you can conect that easily

split, sibenik and zadar fuction on same way as cibona and zadar, but sice there is more money in zagreb zadar, split and sibenik suferd more then cibona who has same stupid menagment

pohani komarac
06-11-2011, 03:31 PM
It is a bit off topic... but why for example Tedeschi (at least I think that' the guy) isn't investing in KK Split. If I had the money that'd be my first choice by far.
12.500 capacity arena, Split's metropolitan area almost reaches half a million of population, enormous talent pool and loads of fans that would return as soon as their club would get back on track.

Tedeschi wantted to get in Cibona, was obstructed from inside, whille Dino Radja almost broke down Tedeschi to enter in Split, but Split is not money and political wise itresting market

On bright side some things moved up in Split, Nikola Vujcic will get involed in club and will also move his basketball academy from Rijeka to Split. Also owner of Jolly company 2 years ago made male basketball team in Sibenik (so far they only had women section) and now they enterd in A1 league

Withut Dalmatia, Croatian basketball can fuction for whille, but long time it will be gone

Cibos
07-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Who will be the broadcasters in your respective countries for next season?

In Croatia it will be Arena Sport Croatia again as it seems. I assume the same in Serbia with their version of Arena? In BiH i guess BHT..

Slovenia, Montenegro, Israel?

elaj
07-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Slovenia - Sport TV (www.sport-tv.si)

JureEe
07-09-2011, 12:56 PM
today was a draw.. season starts 8.10, but 3 matches will be earlier..

first match: Krka:Maccabi (1.10)
second: Zlatorog:Maccabi (3.10)
third: Maccabi:Cibona (6.10)

other info still coming..

UPDATE:
first round (8.10-just krka 1.10)
Liga NLB, 1. krog, 8.10.
Union Olimpija – Zlatorog
Cedevita – Budućnost
FMP – Hemofarm
Zagreb – Partizan
Helios – Široki
Radnički – Cibona
Krka – Maccabi

UPDATE 2:
General maneger Roman Lisac said on the draw, that the League had a lot of preasure from Oly and Pana to join League :)

JureEe
07-09-2011, 05:13 PM
full calendar
http://www.adriaticbasket.com/calendar.php

Roy M
07-09-2011, 05:18 PM
full calendar
http://www.adriaticbasket.com/calendar.php

The calander was making with MTA needs.
As an example, Maccabi will face Partizan in two days, 27 and 29.10 at Nokia.

The 3 games in the beggining is to avoid many travels away.

JureEe
07-09-2011, 07:46 PM
The calander was making with MTA needs.
As an example, Maccabi will face Partizan in two days, 27 and 29.10 at Nokia.

The 3 games in the beggining is to avoid many travels away.

yea i know :) i understaand that you are in 3 diffrent competitons.. but some people from our country.. they are crying all the time about that "modifitied" calendar

Roy M
07-09-2011, 08:06 PM
yea i know :) i understaand that you are in 3 diffrent competitons.. but some people from our country.. they are crying all the time about that "modifitied" calendar

Those 3 games are very good not only to MTA, but to krka and Cibona too, it is great preperation to the EL and EC.

The teams and the compitision in the Adriatic are far better then the 0 in Israel.

JureEe
07-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Those 3 games are very good not only to MTA, but to krka and Cibona too, it is great preperation to the EL and EC.

The teams and the compitision in the Adriatic are far better then the 0 in Israel.

i dont care about this 3 games :D i just now that i will be at 1.10 on this game :)

Picek
07-14-2011, 04:39 AM
Aleš Pipan is the new head coach of Zadar..

serbianhoops
07-19-2011, 11:23 PM
Crvena Zvezda and FMP never were as close to merge. Finally, political power has given its assent to the deal. It should be formalized in the next weeks. The head coach is already known, it's Svetislav Pesic. He agreed to come back on Crvena Zvezda bench if the deal be. :D

Cibos
07-20-2011, 12:20 PM
That would be good for the league and club. I assume they would play in Pionir?

Mindozas
07-20-2011, 12:45 PM
What's the current situation with Buducnost? I see key players leavin' them since the last months of last season(Dragicevic, Simonovic, Scekic). What are their plans for future, who's gonna stay/go? What kind of roster they plans to have? Any info on that? Their site seems to be dead, hard to find anything. Thnx

Tesla
07-23-2011, 05:03 AM
I'm a Zvezda fan so looks like I'm going for FMP this year. I'd be happier if there was an actual merger. Igokea disappointed me giving up there spot after a good season.

I think the league should just expand up to 18 teams. The potential is all there. It's just amazing that so many old big name teams can not even stay in this league... Zvezda, Split, Zadar, Bosna. In some ways a testament to it's strength I guess.

I love following this league. It's not boring like in football where the same two teams in Serbia or Croatia win every year. OK Partizan has dominated trophies but the overall quality is there.

serbianhoops
08-02-2011, 08:03 PM
What's the current situation with Buducnost? I see key players leavin' them since the last months of last season(Dragicevic, Simonovic, Scekic). What are their plans for future, who's gonna stay/go? What kind of roster they plans to have? Any info on that? Their site seems to be dead, hard to find anything. Thnx

PG Nikola Otasevic is also gone. He joined Hemofarm Vrsac last week.

Best young locals are staying (Sead Sehovic, Vladimir Mihailovic and Bojan Dubljevic who shined at the U20 EC). The first major recruit is Milivoje Bozovic (PF 211 1985) from Hemofarm Vrsac.

Propects Nikola Ivanovic (G 187 '94) and Nemanja Radovic (PF 206 '91) are due to join in the upcoming days. Both played for Montenegro at the U20 EC.

Srle
08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
That would be good for the league and club. I assume they would play in Pionir?

Yes they will play in Pionir and they will practice in FMP and Basketland gym's.

serbianhoops
08-10-2011, 11:36 PM
The naturalized Slovenian from Serbia, Bojan Radulovic (C 210 1992) is practicing with BC Radnicki Kragujevac for several days now.

serbianhoops
08-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Serbian Cedomir Vitkovac (SF 201 1992) is back to Buducnost Podgorica. Two Buducnost juniors Danilo Nikolic (C 206 1993) and Marko Mugosa (SF 197 1993) sign their first pro contracts too. Both played for Montenegro at the U18 B division European Championship 2011.

Joško Poljak Fan
08-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Krka completed their roster for the coming season:

PG: Curtis Stinson, Bojan Krivec, Simon Petrov
SG: Zoran Dragič, Jimmy Baxter
SF: Edo Murič, Matej Rojc
PF: Marko Balažic, Marko Đurković
C: Smiljan Pavič, Jerome Jordan

Đurković and Stinson are a mistery to me, but overall they could be near the level from the last season. Shouldn't be an easy opponent.

MaccabiTA
08-17-2011, 01:16 PM
Can anybody (preferably from ex-yu country) make a little list of great prospects that'll play in the league and are worth following?

pohani komarac
08-17-2011, 02:48 PM
From Croatian clubs

KK Zagreb

Dario Saric 94. 206 SF/PF
Toni Prostran 91. 181 PG
Dominik Mavra 94. 194 PG/SG
Mario Hezonja 95. 200 SG/SF
Miralem Halilovic 91. 205 PF (B&H)
Domagoj Bubalo 91. 212 C

Saric is probably only one that will see minutes for senior team. Maybe Prostran and Halilovic gets some

Cibona

Tomislav Zubcic 90. 210 PF
Stipe Krstanovic 93. 206 PF
Pavle Marcinkovic 89. 197 SG/SF

Zubcic is expected to be one of leaders, whille Marcinkovic will be role player

Cedevita

Miro Bilan 89. 212 C
Filip Kraljevic 89. 212 C

Bilan should be backup for somebody who they sing if they work out his contract with Zadar. Kraljevic will just sit on bench

Široki (Croatian club from Herzegovina)

Josip Bilinovac 90. 192 PG/SG
Dino Butorac 90. 190 SG (on loan from Cedevita?)
Fran Pilepic 89. 194 SG
Ivan Ramljak 90. 203 SF
Boris Barac 92. 206 PF
Boris Topalovic 92. 205 PF
Darko Planinic 90. 211 C
Mario Novak 90. 216 C

besides Topalovic and Novak rest should get lot of playing time

most iteresting from those who I expect to get minutes: Saric, Zubcic, Bilan, Barac, Pilepic and Planinic. Last two are not hyped and much known and never metnioned by some "scout sites" butt for me they are 2 most underreated Croatian prospects. Pilepic is hell of shooter who knows how to play. Has decent athletic abilitys and last year showed he has guts in B&H finals and some home games against Partizan and Olimpija. Planinic started basketball at age of 16. From then made great improvment. Tough big man who is not scared to bang down low. Efective in positionig near basket. Bit like young Pekovic

Over all poor year for Croatia when it comes to prospects besides Siroki. Very sad that in NLB Croatian basketball will profite most trough club from Bosnia and Herzegovina

MaccabiTA
08-17-2011, 03:26 PM
From Croatian clubs

KK Zagreb

Dario Saric 94. 206 SF/PF
Toni Prostran 91. 181 PG
Dominik Mavra 94. 194 PG/SG
Mario Hezonja 95. 200 SG/SF
Miralem Halilovic 91. 205 PF (B&H)
Domagoj Bubalo 91. 212 C

Saric is probably only one that will see minutes for senior team. Maybe Prostran and Halilovic gets some

Cibona

Tomislav Zubcic 90. 210 PF
Stipe Krstanovic 93. 206 PF
Pavle Marcinkovic 89. 197 SG/SF

Zubcic is expected to be one of leaders, whille Marcinkovic will be role player

Cedevita

Miro Bilan 89. 212 C
Filip Kraljevic 89. 212 C

Bilan should be backup for somebody who they sing if they work out his contract with Zadar. Kraljevic will just sit on bench

Široki (Croatian club from Herzegovina)

Josip Bilinovac 90. 192 PG/SG
Dino Butorac 90. 190 SG (on loan from Cedevita?)
Fran Pilepic 89. 194 SG
Ivan Ramljak 90. 203 SF
Boris Barac 92. 206 PF
Boris Topalovic 92. 205 PF
Darko Planinic 90. 211 C
Mario Novak 90. 216 C

besides Topalovic and Novak rest should get lot of playing time

most iteresting from those who I expect to get minutes: Saric, Zubcic, Bilan, Barac, Pilepic and Planinic. Last two are not hyped and much known and never metnioned by some "scout sites" butt for me they are 2 most underreated Croatian prospects. Pilepic is hell of shooter who knows how to play. Has decent athletic abilitys and last year showed he has guts in B&H finals and some home games against Partizan and Olimpija. Planinic started basketball at age of 16. From then made great improvment. Tough big man who is not scared to bang down low. Efective in positionig near basket. Bit like young Pekovic

Over all poor year for Croatia when it comes to prospects besides Siroki. Very sad that in NLB Croatian basketball will profite most trough club from Bosnia and Herzegovina

Thanks so much for the very detailed answer!
Naturally as a Maccabi fan I'd probably follow the centers more :D

Markoishvili
08-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Krka completed their roster for the coming season:

PG: Curtis Stinson, Bojan Krivec, Simon Petrov
SG: Zoran Dragič, Jimmy Baxter
SF: Edo Murič, Matej Rojc
PF: Marko Balažic, Marko Đurković
C: Smiljan Pavič, Jerome Jordan

Đurković and Stinson are a mistery to me, but overall they could be near the level from the last season. Shouldn't be an easy opponent.

They will be very good defensively, but shooting looms as a big concern. Between Stinson, Dragic and Muric there will be enough bricks to build a new arena.

JureEe
08-22-2011, 06:29 PM
They will be very good defensively, but shooting looms as a big concern. Between Stinson, Dragic and Muric there will be enough bricks to build a new arena.

i think that our people caculate that because new arena will be in 2013 :)

Joško Poljak Fan
08-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I can't stop laughing, but you've got a point :D
Krivec is there somewhere as well.

barchen
09-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Where to get rosters for all teams? can someone post them? thx

Joško Poljak Fan
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Where to get rosters for all teams? can someone post them? thx
here you go (http://www.adriaticbasket.info/w2/main.php)

pohani komarac
09-19-2011, 10:50 PM
rumous say fmp/red star owner involed in murder of zoran dzindzic?:eek:

http://www.jutarnji.hr/milos-simovic--pripadnik-zemunskog-klana--tvrdi--ubojstvo-zorana-dindica-narucio-je-coki/975151/

wardjdim
09-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Guys, Dino and Edo Muric are brothers?

serbianhoops
09-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Yes, they are.

wardjdim
09-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Thank you

MaccabiTA
09-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Who will be the broadcasters in your respective countries for next season?

In Croatia it will be Arena Sport Croatia again as it seems. I assume the same in Serbia with their version of Arena? In BiH i guess BHT..

Slovenia, Montenegro, Israel?

In Israel sport5 will be the broadcaster.

serbianhoops
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
B92 will broadcast the league for Serbia.

Markoishvili
09-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Looking at the rosters i would diving teams into following tiers, ofcourse when the real games begin some will surprise and some will underachieve.

A) Title favorites - Maccabi Tel Aviv, Partizan

B) Final Four Contenders - Olimpija, Cedevita, Krka, Cibona, Buducnost

C) Mid-table pack - Zagreb, Zvezda, Radnicki, Siroki

D) Relegation battle - Lasko Zlatorog, Helios, Hemofarm.

SunOverHStreet
09-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Looking at the rosters i would diving teams into following tiers, ofcourse when the real games begin some will surprise and some will underachieve.

A) Title favorites - Maccabi Tel Aviv, Partizan

B) Final Four Contenders - Olimpija, Cedevita, Krka, Cibona, Buducnost

C) Mid-table pack - Zagreb, Zvezda, Radnicki, Siroki

D) Relegation battle - Lasko Zlatorog, Helios, Hemofarm.
Zvezda have pretty good and balanced team this year, I really consider them as F4 contender. And they have the best coach in the NLB. Very experienced, great basketball knowledge and highly respected by the refs, Kari is their dream match.

MaccabiTA
09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Zvezda have pretty good and balanced team this year, I really consider them as F4 contender. And they have the best coach in the NLB. Very experienced, great basketball knowledge and highly respected by the refs, Kari is their dream match.

What about this guy.. David Blatt? :D

Joško Poljak Fan
09-26-2011, 10:41 PM
With the 2012/13 season, adriatic league will have a new scheme.
Serbia - 3 clubs
Croatia - 3 clubs
Slovenia - 2 clubs
BiH - 1 club
The country with better coeficient from Serbia and Croatia reportedly gets +1 club and the better from Bosnia - Slovenia gets +1
3 invitations, to Maccabi, Bodučnost and finaly MZT Skopje as well.

SunOverHStreet
09-27-2011, 03:25 AM
I knew something like this was going to appear...

Cibos
09-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Dinamo Zagreb "donated" 1 mil euros to Cibona :rolleyes:

Joško Poljak Fan
09-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Dinamo Zagreb "donated" 1 mil euros to Cibona :rolleyes:
Do you've got any link or something?
I've only find the kosarka.hr's article about debt decreasing from 88 to 30 millions kuna, that's basicaly from 10.5 to 4 millions € :cool: well done

Cibos
09-27-2011, 10:05 AM
http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/kosarka/mamic-ciboni-dao-8-milijuna-kuna-opet-je-spasio-potopa-clanak-330589

Loan without any interests.

Dinamo has money to throw away so i guess this is best deal Cibona will get.. anywhere..

Debt is a lot smaller now but there were some urgent ones that had to be paid ASAP so Dinamo chipped in now 2 days before the deadline.

Fair play to them i guess..

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
I knew something like this was going to appear...

How dare I suggest that a coach that ended this year with 2nd place in the Euroleague and 3rd place in the Eurobasket is the best coach in the league? Of course you saying your opinion is fine but someone rudely suggesting that you might be wrong is just unacceptable :rolleyes:

AmonRA
09-27-2011, 11:20 AM
question for cro guys.. will hrt broadcast nlb games?:)

AmonRA
09-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Svetislav Pesic:
Domestic and continental clubs:

* 1983 Yugoslav league
* 1984 Yugoslav cup
* 1995 Korać Cup
* 1997-2000 German league
* 1997 and 1999 German national cups
* 2003 Euroleague, ACB and Copa del Rey
* 2004 ACB winner
* 2007 EuroCup

International:

* 1987 FIBA Junior World Championship-GOLD
* 1993 Eurobasket-GOLD
* 2001 Eurobasket-GOLD
* 2002 FIBA World Championship-GOLD

Blatt who?:rolleyes::D

Cibos
09-27-2011, 11:57 AM
question for cro guys.. will hrt broadcast nlb games?:)

Nope.. Arena Sport Hrvatska

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Svetislav Pesic:
Domestic and continental clubs:

* 1983 Yugoslav league
* 1984 Yugoslav cup
* 1995 Korać Cup
* 1997-2000 German league
* 1997 and 1999 German national cups
* 2003 Euroleague, ACB and Copa del Rey
* 2004 ACB winner
* 2007 EuroCup

International:

* 1987 FIBA Junior World Championship-GOLD
* 1993 Eurobasket-GOLD
* 2001 Eurobasket-GOLD
* 2002 FIBA World Championship-GOLD

Blatt who?:rolleyes::D

Great history? yes. What did he do in the last years? one Eurocup title and quarter-final with Valencia which is nice but he failed in the ACB (got kicked out in the quarter final)
The same way I can say Pini Gershon is one of the best coaches in Europe right now. But lately he did nothing (and he is the GM of Hulon)
Coaches, like players (although they have many more years in their career) can be past their prime, Pesic is past his prime for sure. That's why he's in the place where he is right now and not coaching CSKA, Maccabi, Pao, Barca, Real or any Euroleague team actually

[M-120]
09-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Where can I watch live stream for 3 Maccabi games next week?

AmonRA
09-27-2011, 12:21 PM
what a cheap bastards, every year is less and less sports on hrt :mad:

Great history? yes. What did he do in the last years? one Eurocup title and quarter-final with Valencia which is nice but he failed in the ACB (got kicked out in the quarter final)
The same way I can say Pini Gershon is one of the best coaches in Europe right now. But lately he did nothing (and he is the GM of Hulon)
Coaches, like players (although they have many more years in their career) can be past their prime, Pesic is past his prime for sure. That's why he's in the place where he is right now and not coaching CSKA, Maccabi, Pao, Barca, Real or any Euroleague team actuallylast year he recovery valencia from death and made unbelievable run of 22-1 or somthing like that in acb+el...
and about bold.. he was kicked by bilbao(who after that also kicked real madrid and get to the final) :p

Kwijibo
09-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Coaches, like players (although they have many more years in their career) can be past their prime, Pesic is past his prime for sure. That's why he's in the place where he is right now and not coaching CSKA, Maccabi, Pao, Barca, Real or any Euroleague team actually

The coach was Spahija :rolleyes:

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 12:33 PM
The coach was Spahija :rolleyes:

spahija won the Eurocup with Valencia I know I meant in 2007 with Girona

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 12:37 PM
what a cheap bastards, every year is less and less sports on hrt :mad:

last year he recovery valencia from death and made unbelievable run of 22-1 or somthing like that in acb+el...
and about bold.. he was kicked by bilbao(who after that also kicked real madrid and get to the final) :p

What he did there wasn't that bad but if you compare his last years to Blatt's you get one coach with Gold and Bronze in EB plus Euroleague final and the other with a.. Eurocup title. he was an amazing coach with a great career but he's past his prime now

The easiest way to understand what I mean is-ask yourself who would you prefer to coach your team this season (if you could decide) Blatt or Pesic?

JureEe
09-27-2011, 12:45 PM
NLB go away :) new name: League ABA... new logo is coming soon.

Kwijibo
09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
spahija won the Eurocup with Valencia I know I meant in 2007 with Girona

Oh u said with valencia >.<

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Oh u said with valencia >.<

I was talking about his last season with Valencia and the Eurocup title separately :D my bad I didn't make it clear enough

Kwijibo
09-27-2011, 12:55 PM
What he did there wasn't that bad but if you compare his last years to Blatt's you get one coach with Gold and Bronze in EB plus Euroleague final and the other with a.. Eurocup title. he was an amazing coach with a great career but he's past his prime now

The easiest way to understand what I mean is-ask yourself who would you prefer to coach your team this season (if you could decide) Blatt or Pesic?

Pesic is a great coach, he won with us Liga+EL+Copa and Liga the other year, with Girona did very good too, and with valencia needed only 1 win for f4. Blatt is another great coach who is doing the things very well in Russia or Maccabi.
But i think is absolutely false that coach are worse with the age. What about Obradovic for example? ;).
And pesic in the last 5-6 years did good job with their teams

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Pesic is a great coach, he won with us Liga+EL+Copa and Liga the other year, with Girona did very good too, and with valencia needed only 1 win for f4. Blatt is another great coach who is doing the things very well in Russia or Maccabi.
But i think is absolutely false that coach are worse with the age. What about Obradovic for example? ;).
And pesic in the last 5-6 years did good job with their teams

Pesic isn't bad but I think he's not as good as he used to be. I believe that currently Blatt is the better coach.
And Obradovic is a phenomenon :D comparing him to any other coach would be unfair (for the other coach) because.. well.. he's Obradovic

AmonRA
09-27-2011, 12:59 PM

I am completely sure that now u will not believe me, but my choice is pesic-100%
man, he have a so big charisma... u can understed that only if u ar serb.. and not to mention how much great coach he is...
that u ask partizans fans(there is no need to tell how much is hate betwen us:D), they will also first pick pesic insted blatt.. of course they will now say blatt, because he again come to us, and they dont like that move and despite that fact that they have much more better team then we, they wanted to return vujosevic on bench..:D

Kwijibo
09-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Pesic isn't bad but I think he's not as good as he used to be. I believe that currently Blatt is the better coach.
And Obradovic is a phenomenon :D comparing him to any other coach would be unfair (for the other coach) because.. well.. he's Obradovic

Pascual vs obradovic has got 5 wins and 3 loses :p

pohani komarac
09-27-2011, 01:04 PM

there will be, but unregular just like last year. evrey 2-3 mouths

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 01:05 PM
I am completely sure that now u will not believe me, but my choice is pesic-100%
man, he have a so big charisma... u can understed that only if u ar serb.. and not to mention how much great coach he is...
that u ask partizans fans(there is no need to tell how much is hate betwen us:D), they will also first pick pesic insted blatt.. of course they will now say blatt, because he again come to us, and they dont like that move and despite that fact that they have much more better team then we, they wanted to return vujosevic on bench..:D

I think that 80% or more of the fans in Europe would choose Blatt (in the present of course), but I respect your opinion and I guess we'll just agree to disagree :D

AmonRA
09-27-2011, 01:08 PM
and another importnat thing about pesic.. there is no better coach for young players then pesic, u should now that :)
there is now doubt that blatt is a great coach, but the fact is that he works with "completed" player, and pesic everywhere he work "make" at least 2-3 players:)

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Pascual vs obradovic has got 5 wins and 3 loses :p

When Pascual wins 8 Euroleague titles, or you know what-when Pascual does anything impressive outside of Barcelona, then you can talk about him :D But the reality is that last year, with one of the deepest and more complete rosters in the Euroleague history Pascual failed to reach the final four while Obradovic that came with a team that almost failed to get past the top16 taught him what's basketball :p
And the rest is history, there was a final four in the beautiful city but where was the local team? nobody knows.

pohani komarac
09-27-2011, 01:10 PM
opesic and blatt...50-50

worst coaches

vrankovic, buric, anzulovic:(

i hope velic will continiu his good work with siroki tough:) considering roosters from cibona, zagreb and cedevita i will chear for siroki this season

AmonRA
09-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I think that 80% or more of the fans in Europe would choose Blatt (in the present of course), but I respect your opinion and I guess we'll just agree to disagree :D
I can understed that, but as I said u can not understand how much pesic is worshiped in serbia... this is like 2 in 1... first he is the world famous coach(with big results) and second, he is an amazing comedian off the court :D

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 01:19 PM
and another importnat thing about pesic.. there is no better coach for young players then pesic, u should now that :)
there is now doubt that blatt is a great coach, but the fact is that he works with "completed" player, and pesic everywhere he work "make" at least 2-3 players:)

I actually disagree that Blatt works with complete players. I mean without talking about the fact that he was responsible for finding players like Anthony Parker, Nate Huffman, Maceo Baston, he decided to bring young Vujcic to Maccabi etc. etc. he also took young talents and made them great players, anybody in Europe knew who the hell was Jeremy Pargo before the season? he took a player from the Israeli league, with only 1 pro season and a 250K salary and made him a player of the 2nd all-Euroleague team. He didn't find Sofo and didn't work with him on basketball basics but he took a player that is a HUGE headcase and Oly had enough of him after so many failing seasons where he couldn't use his amazing potential, Blatt took him as a project and made him a 1st all-Euroleague team player, he played almost 20mpg (never got there before, because of his high weight and lack of will to work hard) and recorded career highs in almost everything.

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I can understed that, but as I said u can not understand how much pesic is worshiped in serbia... this is like 2 in 1... first he is the world famous coach(with big results) and second, he is an amazing comedian off the court :D

If you want a real comedian off-court, Pini Gershon is your man :D although sometimes he goes 'a bit' too far like the 'mocha speech'

AmonRA
09-27-2011, 01:23 PM
I actually disagree that Blatt works with complete players. I mean without talking about the fact that he was responsible for finding players like Anthony Parker, Nate Huffman, Maceo Baston, he decided to bring young Vujcic to Maccabi etc. etc. he also took young talents and made them great players, anybody in Europe knew who the hell was Jeremy Pargo before the season? he took a player from the Israeli league, with only 1 pro season and a 250K salary and made him a player of the 2nd all-Euroleague team. He didn't find Sofo and didn't work with him on basketball basics but he took a player that is a HUGE headcase and Oly had enough of him after so many failing seasons where he couldn't use his amazing potential, Blatt took him as a project and made him a 1st all-Euroleague team player, he played almost 20mpg (never got there before, because of his high weight and lack of will to work hard) and recorded career highs in almost everything.
pesic is working with team that all together worth 250k(roughly said) :)
blatt have 8-9 players wich is worth 7-8millions(or more?) and 2-3 younger player... and thats my friend a big difference:)

Cibos
09-27-2011, 01:25 PM
;654695']Where can I watch live stream for 3 Maccabi games next week?

balkansport

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 01:28 PM
pesic is working with team that all together worth 250k(roughly said) :)
blatt have 8-9 players wich is worth 7-8millions(or more?) and 2-3 younger player... and thats my friend a big difference:)

But if you put that 250k in proportions, in a team that aims to final-four all the time having your 2 starting guards (Perkins and Pargo) worth 600k together is near a joke, while for all the other big teams 600k is maybe half the salary of one of the starting guards..
Maccabi's whole player budget is around 9-10m (the total budget is 17-20m), which is high compared to some teams but a joke compared to the other big teams and the team's achievements.
And I doubt that Pesic's budget in Valencia was much lower :D especially not 250k :p

Joško Poljak Fan
09-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Who cares about which player is supposed to be better. Those are mostly subjective opinions nevertheless. Pešić and Blatt are both great coaches, comparing them is just as futile as comparing Bryant and Jordan... NBA kid's talk.

As predicted NLB is going out of the sponsorship. Mobitel predicted the same after last F4, now I do not know if they're still serious with it.
Efes was interested in a sponsorship few months ago, yet nothing was made public regarding this, which is odd.
Considering NLB had a clause they only have to offer the same terms as the best other offer for sponsorship. If they're going out, my first guess would be ABA has a new sponsor... yet... why the name ABA than, if they have one?

NLB and Mobitel spent almost 2 million € per season for sponsoring the league, Maccabi paid 500.000 € but there still quite some money missing with this calculation... along with increased costs for traveling to Tel Aviv.

AmonRA
09-27-2011, 01:32 PM
If you want a real comedian off-court, Pini Gershon is your man :D although sometimes he goes 'a bit' too far like the 'mocha speech'

something like that... what is pini for israel that is pesc for serbia... but pesic in this "real" time is better coach of pini and better comedian:p
and i can bet that 80% of the world now first be pick pesic instead pini :D

MaccabiTA
09-27-2011, 01:32 PM
;654695']Where can I watch live stream for 3 Maccabi games next week?

Maybe on sport5.co.il they usually show the games that they put on sport5 and not on all the "special" channels (sport5+, sport5+gold, sport5+live, sport5+sell-your-mom-to-buy-our-channels)

JureEe
09-27-2011, 03:14 PM
sport5+sell-your-mom-to-buy-our-channels)

ROFL!

does anybady know which is new sponsor?

Buducnost PG
09-27-2011, 03:46 PM

They need at least 2 more good players to be F4 contender. A PF and another Guard. All in all they can be lucky that FMP got involved in all this and now is acting like Red Star. Without Covic and FMP they would play in Serbian League. I hope it will turn out well for them and players like Nedovic, Cvetkovic and Milutinovic will improve under Pesic. The advantage of them could also be that they will play only the NLB League, so they can focus on it only.

Joško Poljak Fan
09-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Zvezda has some really nice players, but I personaly don't consider all 3 teams from Zagreb, Krka or Budučnost much weaker than them neither.

Maccabi, Partizan, Olimpija should be getting to F4, at least on paper, the competition for the 4th spot leading there will be tremendous.

wardjdim
09-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I understand that Zoric is gone and so is Renfroe, but I am not entirely sold on the idea that Zagreb won't be good this season. I have seen their roster and their first friendlies and they don't look bad at all

Joško Poljak Fan
10-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Adriatic league tipping off today with Krka - Maccabi

It will be hard to judge anything from this game. Maccabi reportedly lacks preparation games, yet no doubt, is 2 levels better than Krka which doesn't seem all that weaker than last year. Their level through will depend on Trajković which reportedly isn't bad of a coach at all, paperwise they seem better.
Through the season I'd actually expect them to do well, can't see them in top5 as I have no clue about their coaching, but I'd expect Dragič, Murič and to some extent Klobučar and Krivec making a name for themselves.

At the very least I don't believe we'll witness a massacre, the way it's happen on monday with Laško hosting Maccabi.

From both, Laško and Helios I'd basicaly expect to threw up some young players and that's basicaly it.
Lapornik and Dimec (the older both named Luka, don't know of their younger brothers) and Omič should likely become a usefull EL level players at some point of their careers. Laško isn't really bad team, but in this competition I think 13th place might just be their reality.
Sagadin in Helios clearly assembled some of the most talented youngsters from Slovenia, but imo they'll pan out too young and unexperienced while I don't think Pašalič and Petrovič will be able to provide enough of a veteran support for them, obviously Zmago is counting on Črešnar and Čebular as a "late boomers", but that, even if it actually happens, is just not enough for anything but 14 place.
Would be glad if I'm wrong as I can't remember a Slovenian team in adriatic league having as many unbruised prospects on the roster as Helios does now.

Široki is another extremely young team, yet Planinić and Pilepić already had a decent season last year, with some of other players receiving some considerable minutes. That's too much of an edge compared to either Laško or Helios.
Hemofarm for example has a pretty young team yet with Otašević, Pantić, Savović or Maraš able to make the team rely on them.

Those 4 teams will produce some eventually good players, yet... in my opinion with this season it will show playing youth in adriatic league will have much more impact on the results as it was the case in the past in the times of Reflex youth.
Hemofarm might get out of that group, but to me it seems as if I've ranked all the teams from 10th-14th place.

Sky7
10-01-2011, 03:47 PM
here it come :D

Cibos
10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Krka's hall makes me laugh every time i see it.

They need new one.. ASAP.

Roy M
10-01-2011, 04:06 PM
At least, Sport5 is broadcasting in the free channel, 55...

Cibos
10-01-2011, 04:09 PM
At least, Sport5 is broadcasting in the free channel, 55...

Here we'll get very few games on free TV.. 80% on paytv.. i think its similar in Serbia and Slovenia as well.. but there should be online streams...

[M-120]
10-01-2011, 04:21 PM
I just registered an account for Balkansport.info and when I clicked the live stream link for Maccabi vs KK and I got this notification:

"The administrators want you to view a thread before you continue to browse the forum.

You can view the thread here."

And I went to view that thread and then I went back and clicked the link but I still get this notification??? :/

Can someone post the live stream link of Maccabi vs KK please?

Cibos
10-01-2011, 04:23 PM
;656556']I just registered an account for Balkansport.info and when I clicked the live stream link for Maccabi vs KK and I got this notification:

"The administrators want you to view a thread before you continue to browse the forum.

You can view the thread here."

???

Can someone post the live stream link of Maccabi vs KK please?

Well... erm.. click on that link?! :)

http://www.balkansport.info/channel-6/995584-balkansport-6-a.html

You need VIP account for this game tho..

[M-120]
10-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Well... erm.. click on that link?! :)

http://www.balkansport.info/channel-6/995584-balkansport-6-a.html

You need VIP account for this game tho..

Still the same thing, but thanks anyway.

Apoc
10-01-2011, 05:00 PM
;656562']Still the same thing, but thanks anyway.

I dunno if you can but did you try Sport 5 website?

http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.aspx?FolderID=3041&DocID=107852&Lang=he

Click on the play button.

[M-120]
10-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I dunno if you can but did you try Sport 5 website?

http://www.sport5.co.il/articles.aspx?FolderID=3041&DocID=107852&Lang=he

Click on the play button.

Yeah it finally work now. Sweet! Toda :)

[M-120]
10-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Maccabi 83:68 Krka

Joško Poljak Fan
10-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Krka had unbelievable 12 TO's in the first quarter :)
They must've known Maccabi will do the exact same as they tend to do in the last season with different versions of full court press, yet that asumption obviously didn't help.
First they had to realise how to cover Sofo, than how to play vs. combined zone always being one step too late to be competitive.
Stinson has to adapt to european basketball, for his first serious game in europe he obviously couldn't lead the offense against different Maccabi offenses which I wouldn't be sure he faced before within his career, let alone all in a single game.

Maccabi is clearly out of shape though, their room for improvement is tremendous.

Overall, it'll be a good therapy to have Maccabi in adriatic league, maybee that could end the "slow down transition" mentality from ex-Yu school, since vs. Maccabi teams will have to play in faster pace to increase their chances. Slower ball transition means bigger chances for losing the ball while handling, bigger chances for soft risky passes and most of all much less time left to organise a set-play, compared to semi-fastbreak chances a team could theoreticaly gain by constantly pushing the ball forward.

pohani komarac
10-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Stinson played for Split few seasons ago. he already has euro and adriatic league expiriance

Joško Poljak Fan
10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
True :o I keep forgeting that, my bad...

AmonRA
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
there is possibility that igor rakocevic and darko milicic play for red star in a charity match on wednesday against bc bayern munich, but thay will not play for red star in regular season...

Joško Poljak Fan
10-02-2011, 04:44 PM
I've read Delije will keep on boycotting Zvezda in adriatic league, what was that all about? They're boycotting it for so long that basicaly I forgot what was is for in the first place.

SunOverHStreet
10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
They need at least 2 more good players to be F4 contender. A PF and another Guard. All in all they can be lucky that FMP got involved in all this and now is acting like Red Star. Without Covic and FMP they would play in Serbian League. I hope it will turn out well for them and players like Nedovic, Cvetkovic and Milutinovic will improve under Pesic. The advantage of them could also be that they will play only the NLB League, so they can focus on it only.
That was one of the reasons why I believe they will perform much better than many expect. I agree with you that their roster have some flaws, but I'm sure that Pešić will be able to pull the best out of them.

Also, I'm eager to see Vasić play, he was a solid player and I expected a better career from him. Old FMP Vasić would be a great addition.

SunOverHStreet
10-03-2011, 09:02 PM
Easy game for Maccabi...

Zlatorog - Maccabi 72:101 (http://www.adriaticbasket.info/w2/stats.php?gameid=8&sez=)

Roy M
10-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Easy game for Maccabi...

Zlatorog - Maccabi 72:101 (http://www.adriaticbasket.info/w2/stats.php?gameid=8&sez=)

It was all over after 10m, with 35:19.
Sofo and Eliyahu 18 each, Pnini 12, Macvan 10.

Billy Bounce
10-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I hope Cibona will be a better rival then Krka & Zlatorog, otherwise Maccabi's Adriatic adventure will have all the chances to become Israeli League-2 : boring blow-outs without any sense.

pohani komarac
10-05-2011, 08:08 PM
away games with stronger clubs won't be easy for maccabi, but home will

Cibos
10-05-2011, 08:20 PM
I hope Cibona will be a better rival then Krka & Zlatorog, otherwise Maccabi's Adriatic adventure will have all the chances to become Israeli League-2 : boring blow-outs without any sense.

Maccabi shouldn't get too comfortable.. they got easy start :)

Olimpija, Partizan, Cedevita.. even "new" Red Star and Zagreb won't be anywhere near easy..

Unfortunately Cibona isn't currently in that group :(

Roy M
10-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Maccabi shouldn't get too comfortable.. they got easy start :)

Olimpija, Partizan, Cedevita.. even "new" Red Star and Zagreb won't be anywhere near easy..

Unfortunately Cibona isn't currently in that group :(

Novo Mesto are better then Ljublijana, and MTA won easely thier.

SunOverHStreet
10-05-2011, 09:42 PM
KK FMP Crvena Zvezda Beograd - FC Bayern Basketball 80:55 (26:11, 17:22, 18:10, 19:12)

I don't know what to think. All I can say is that I didn't expect such intensive game from both sides, it was basically on verge of incident.
Zvezda played defense really good, especially one-on-one. It's too early to say how they look like overall. I believe there's a room for improvement in both of those teams.

Novo Mesto are better then Ljublijana, and MTA won easely thier.
And you know that... how?

EpicFail
10-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Superpokal, Rogaška Slatina:
KRKA - Union Olimpija
80:72 (20:13, 17:18, 19:17, 24:24)

Probably because of this game...

AmonRA
10-05-2011, 09:57 PM
it will be interesting to watch kk zagreb-kk igokea partizan on saturday, it`s practically euro league match :rolleyes:

elaj
10-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Olimpija has serious problems on C position. Varda is completely out of shape. Olimpija is sadly a mid-table Adriatic League team right now. :(

SunOverHStreet
10-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Superpokal, Rogaška Slatina:
KRKA - Union Olimpija
80:72 (20:13, 17:18, 19:17, 24:24)

Probably because of this game...
Ok, thanks! Didn't know that detail.

it will be interesting to watch kk zagreb-kk igokea partizan on saturday, it`s practically euro league match :rolleyes:
Practically or not, your team is still FMP...:D

Joško Poljak Fan
10-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Krka isn't as bad as people would believe after watching the game vs. Maccabi. They did look relatively bad in that game, despicable first quarter costed them a chance to keep up and teams like Maccabi won't let 12 TO's in a quarter go unpunished. Overall I don't think they'll end up much weaker than last year at the end (inability to be a threat from long range is a concern though, might end up as decisive).
Offensively they've got more potential, Jordan seems as a clear upgrade on Booker under the rim (although not being able to spread the defense with mid-range as he did), while a lot will depend on Stinson's ability to read the game as I don't think Krivec is up to leading a team like this.
If Dragič, Murič and Krivec (even Stinson should reportedly be included in this group) were actualy able to represent an average threat from 3 pointer Krka would be on euroleague level... that's a really big IF, though and no "if" has ever won a game... :)

Olimpija didn't play up to the expectations in the supercup and Krka managed to win even with despicable 3 point %. Stinson penetrated at will against Woodside and Čapin, Baxter looked as a completely different player as vs. Maccabi, while Varda, as Elaj said was on some other planet mentaly and physicaly.
I hope this was more of a "first serious game" issue than the real meassure of strenght.

Maccabi being the best team in the league wasn't arguable from the very start. With the schedule they've got and the extra long bench, I don't see them losing to many teams.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-06-2011, 03:37 PM
If Delije would actually be half as numerous and loud during the adriatic league season, that would definately be a big factor...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HevSPPgGbag

AmonRA
10-06-2011, 07:46 PM
ammo technical... :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrJEyj0fF9M&feature=watch_response_rev

btw, he ended the game with 17 point and 4 rebounds

Cibos
10-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Cibona is ridiculously bad.. it will be miracle if we stay up this season :(

pohani komarac
10-06-2011, 09:03 PM
lol for the slovenian trio helping cibona:D but maccabi will have to get usued to tick tack refering from slovenian and croatian refs

defenetley one of stupidest roosters in cibona history. to much indians:(

Markoishvili
10-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Deju vu 2007 when Vrankovic was in charge at Cibona. Joke is a miracle, i haven`t seen any team coached by him try hard at the defensive end.

AmonRA
10-07-2011, 03:59 PM
and he goes with show program:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASUeJDfYgsc
:D

Roy M
10-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Cedevita is looking good. +30 over Budocnost, easely.

SunOverHStreet
10-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Cedevita is looking good. +30 over Budocnost, easely.
Can't be! It seems that Cedevita will cruise through this league...

wardjdim
10-08-2011, 02:26 PM
KK Zagreb-Partizan ;)

Let's go

Grinder
10-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Did anyone just see Pekovic throw up on the commentary table? LOL

Picek
10-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Peković expressing his oppinion about the statistics table..
puking all over their table :D

edit: Zagreb down by 24...
like I said, 0-10 in euroleague with even worst score difference then we had last season..
hopefully current politic party which is running the state will lose the elections in december which will bring Zagreb where they should be..

SunOverHStreet
10-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Peković expressing his oppinion about the statistics table..
puking all over their table :D

That was an epic puke!

wardjdim
10-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Ok, I am not gonna stick around to witness more gang rape

That's pure dominance from Partizan. Zagreb without Zoric is clearly not a Euroleague team :)

Roy M
10-08-2011, 03:12 PM
I can't take a single game as a model, but seems that Cedevita is far away the better Zagreb team around... :D

Buducnost PG
10-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Zagreb looks so poor. They will not stand any chance in EL. In ABA they will end up around 6-9 place.

Picek
10-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Zagreb looks so poor. They will not stand any chance in EL. In ABA they will end up around 6-9 place.6-9 at best..
and ofcourse Šarić, Hezonja, Mavra will end up not playing.. some Garret guy will play instead :)
edit: it's obvious Zagreb is building up their form for euroleague F4..
Burić made me eat my words, Šarić was the best Zagreb player on court athough that really wasn't so hard..
Zagreb should geat rid of all three afroamerican players + Heytvelt.. not because I'm racist or something but simply because they are bad..

Cibos
10-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Zagreb :rolleyes:

pohani komarac
10-08-2011, 05:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNt7UciYWrU&feature=player_embedded

:D

Joško Poljak Fan
10-08-2011, 05:09 PM
I guess we won't see as close league as last season. Maccabi has a clear edge, Partizan seems pretty nice, while other teams don't seem to be able to play at the same level.

Helios - Široki 90-92
pretty weird game with weird refereeing. Helios led by 11 in 3rd, came back from -9 in the 4th and Besedič missed the triple for the win.
Both teams were 29 from 55 from 3 point line :rolleyes:

Weird to see a team coached by Sagadin that barely plays any defense.

Cibos
10-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I guess we won't see as close league as last season. Maccabi has a clear edge, Partizan seems pretty nice, while other teams don't seem to be able to play at the same level.

Cedevita might surprise.

pohani komarac
10-08-2011, 05:17 PM
zagreb 1-2 spots are worst in this leage, not to metnion euroleague. only simon is decent players

hopefully this game showed buric that saric deserves more minutes and more resposibilitys

what garrett, mulamerovic (with all respect to his carer), dia, rancic and babic gives same thing they can get from mavra, prostran, hezonja, halilovic, bubalo and rikic. but i guess they singed all those prospect so they can play friendly games for their 2nd tea. insted of yellow head here goes this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNt7UciYWrU&feature=player_embedded

pohani komarac
10-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Cedevita might surprise.

they are good, but they miss atleas one dominate big guy.

Billy Bounce
10-08-2011, 05:49 PM
lol for the slovenian trio helping cibona:D but maccabi will have to get usued to tick tack refering from slovenian and croatian refs

defenetley one of stupidest rosters in cibona history. to much indians:(

Too harsh , they aren't that bad.

Personally I was impressed by Zubčić :eek: Hell of a player , hope you guys got him under contract till 2020.

Picek
10-08-2011, 05:59 PM

it's still to early to tell..
I would put C. Zvezda somewhere near the top, Cedevita as well (with a better coach and additional C they would probably be the second best team in the league (roster wise))..

AmonRA
10-08-2011, 07:52 PM
ammo play very vell today 23 points(7/9 for 2, 2/3 for 3 and 3/4 for 1), index 27...
he hits some crazy shoot... :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEA_eF4UAZQ&feature=player_embedded

pohani komarac
10-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Too harsh , they aren't that bad.

Personally I was impressed by Zubčić :eek: Hell of a player , hope you guys got him under contract till 2020.

i just hope this is his new face, otherwise his talent will be wasted

AirBall
10-08-2011, 08:59 PM
If Partizan signs some respectable power forward we can be very dangerous in all competitions...

Wont be easy to beat us this season...

Picek
10-09-2011, 01:13 AM
ammo play very vell today 23 points(7/9 for 2, 2/3 for 3 and 3/4 for 1), index 27...
btw. he and Farmar are the first player with two NBA championship rings playing in ABA?

pimpekaustas
10-09-2011, 06:12 AM
same old story, dario šarić after winning everything in youth competitions now in next few years will play in club that will loose every game, nice way to get looser mentality :rolleyes: i think he should be brave and go to partizan, here he will just be wasted talent like all others before him :(

Khalid80
10-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Thanks for the link :). It's great to see Morrison playing with alot of passion and going out there as if to prove something to all the critics and non-believers who gave up on him a long time ago :D... Maybe playing in Europe is what is suited for him and not the NBA even though it's still too early to say such a thing.

AmonRA
10-09-2011, 09:15 AM
btw. he and Farmar are the first player with two NBA championship rings playing in ABA?
I think so:)
and if milicic come, we will be the first tim in europe history that have 4 nba rings in one team:p

SunOverHStreet
10-09-2011, 03:02 PM
If Partizan signs some respectable power forward we can be very dangerous in all competitions...

Wont be easy to beat us this season...
Air, what's going with that PF, are they gonna bring him anytime soon?

Picek
10-09-2011, 08:04 PM
win in Kragujevac with excelent defense.. :cool:
Pavković had 15 assists for Radnicki (league all time record?)..

pohani komarac
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
did serbian b92 bought tv rights so there can be less broadcasts:confused:

pavkovic 16 asists, tied with ivan tomas record

AmonRA
10-09-2011, 09:05 PM

pavkovic 16 asists, tied with ivan tomas recordb92 will broadcast games that will be played for weekend and mostly zvezdu and partizan...

Roy M
10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Half O-T, but the Balkans League:

Can someone tell me about Rubin from Serbia?
They come to Israel to play Vs Hapoel Tel-Aviv.

Alyosha12
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM

pavkovic 16 asists, tied with ivan tomas record

LoL how do you have 22pts 16 assists and 6 rbs yet still have a val of "only" 28.

Anyway amazing achievement though.

MaccabiTA
10-09-2011, 10:56 PM
LoL how do you have 22pts 16 assists and 6 rbs yet still have a val of "only" 28.

Anyway amazing achievement though.

That's the first thing I thought of too. Then you go in the box score and see that he shot 12 3pointers with only 3 falling in. He's doing it Mirza Teletovic style

hebaj
10-10-2011, 04:26 AM
Nice victory by Partizan, surprising given we not usually start very well at beginning of season.

Good to see crop of 5/6 young Serbian players starting to show good performance. Obviously a lot rest on shoulders of Pekovic, and lesser extent on Ac Law, but of young players continue to improve on what we saw in Zagreb nice things might be in store for future.

JureEe
10-11-2011, 07:03 PM
comeback day :=) olimpija with another ******* game end and buducnost nice win against red star :)

pohani komarac
10-11-2011, 07:03 PM
epic choke by cedevita

zagreb simpley sucks

saric 0 minutes:mad:

Cibos
10-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Zagreb, their coach, their management and their mobster owners can simply and easily go **** themself. Hope that mods won't mind that. :D

JureEe
10-11-2011, 07:27 PM
*Vučević, Nikola 16pts with 47%, 18 rebs = val 27

Joško Poljak Fan
10-11-2011, 09:57 PM
A relief. Big one to be honest.

Even if Olimpija's game was far from ideal, it's improving, that's what matters. Game vs. Barcelona will still happen way too soon for Olimpija. I love the fact that Salin, Blažič, Murič and Bertrans are contributing, I kept hoping they'd get a chance this season and finaly my wishes came true. Even if we lose some additional games due to it, I basicaly don't mind that much than.

Today playing youth totaly paid off. Dino Murič might not be the most talented player in the world, but he brought defense and energy to the team. I believe people will agree he was that change-maker in the last quarter.
Blažič is making a big jump from Slovenian league to playing vs. Cedevita, but I am getting confident that within few months he'll be one of the strongpoints of this team, when he'll adopt to playing on this level.
Salin and Bertrans are both able to nail as many 3 pointers in a row as they're allowed to... sooner or later that will happen when it'll matter. They just need patience and playing time.

I hope this is the sign of Olimpija finaly coming back on it's old tracks of youth development from the 90ies, when the team spit out 1 extra player every season.

EpicFail
10-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Is there a record in euroleague for losing all games in group stage by 30+? If there isn't any,it's reserved for Zagreb....If you lose against this year Hemofarm,you don't have even a slightest chance in EL...

Joško Poljak Fan
10-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I believe playing like this Dia and Garret will soon be cut.May might be there somewhere as well... as well as coach.
Mulaomerović, Kasun and Simon can't do it all by themselves, while I don't think anyone expected miracles from Ožbolt. He is a usefull complementary player, but can't drag the whole team forward.
I really doubt the management would keep on going with the same team if they'll keep playing like this.

SunOverHStreet
10-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Entire game against Zagreb.
wnm-Xz8lX8o&feature=related

pohani komarac
10-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I believe playing like this Dia and Garret will soon be cut.May might be there somewhere as well... as well as coach.
Mulaomerović, Kasun and Simon can't do it all by themselves, while I don't think anyone expected miracles from Ožbolt. He is a usefull complementary player, but can't drag the whole team forward.
I really doubt the management would keep on going with the same team if they'll keep playing like this.

mulamerovic can't do shit against serius team. he is past

and cuting players is good, buit for those who take provisions. those crap foriginers were taken with reason.

i just hope this club will disapere along with cibona, zadar, split and sibenik. all of them living from our money, and evrey year they are destroying more and more our basketball

Markoishvili
10-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Olimpija won thanks to Draper being outplayed by Capin badly and refs pushing them quite a bit in the last quarter.

Draper was again his not-playing-defense self, while he missed two 3-pointers (1 wide open) that would have brought Cedevita back into the game.

Olimpija forced the ball into Varda early and often, but he struggled against Bilan in the first half. He was bette in the 2nd.

Deon Thompson showed some nice moves with his back to the basket. Still his defense was terrible. Smodis pushed him all the way under the cylinder couple of times. Not sure if he is Euroleague caliber peformer.

Woodside is bad, Capin looks superior to him and unless he improves dramatically he could be out of the team soon.

Danny Green is absolute gem. He is tall, athletic, plays both sides and better offensive player than advertised. One of the best summer transfers.

Blazic is athletic, but is out of control taking bad decisions with the ball. Overall im not sold on Olimpija, bt theyhave some nice players to develop and should be competitive in Adriatic league if not Euroleague.

Cedevita will struggle defensively with Draper at PG and not much interior defense. Smodis and Vukusic lack lenght, while Owens is lost at that end of the floor.

pohani komarac
10-12-2011, 04:57 PM
cedevita is looking for starting center. will see who they will bring.

InstitutionFan
10-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Partizan-Helios Domzale 86-59

Law 14, Raduljica 14, Pekovic 13, Lucic 11, Milosavljevic 11, Kecman 8...

http://195.56.77.56/n3/g/adr_11/index_eng.html

For Israelian friend, i think Rubin is Napredak from Krusevac, they are poor, i am not even sure what league do they play...

SunOverHStreet
10-12-2011, 08:38 PM
For Israelian friend, i think Rubin is Napredak from Krusevac, they are poor, i am not even sure what league do they play...
They are Napredak Rubin now and they are playing in the Serbian league.
BTW, Rubin sells more than a million bottles of Vinjak per year, and that's just Vinjak... Talking about poor.:D

Milosavljević was unmistakable tonight, good index rating, very mature and responsible game from him. I don't know, though, will he transfer it to Euroleague? It will be great if he do.

Roy M
10-12-2011, 09:09 PM

http://195.56.77.56/n3/g/adr_11/index_eng.html

Very poor, indeed. They lost to a 2nd Div team, Hapoel, yesterday...

Picek
10-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Ammo three with a buzzer..
I don't remember an american player playing in serbian club with so much passion like Morrison is currently showing..
34-34 after first quarter :D
Olimpija 7/9 3p..

Joško Poljak Fan
10-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Both teams cooled down a bit scoring-wise at the end of the 2nd quarter

Zvezda - Olimpija 56-61

Olimpija 8/12 from 3 pointer, Salin and Blažič on fire. Blažič normaly isn't even late on Morrison, yet he has 16 by half. Can't remember last Olimpija's game with such high scoring pace

elaj
10-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Both teams cooled down a bit scoring-wise at the end of the 2nd quarter

Zvezda - Olimpija 56-61

Olimpija 8/12 from 3 pointer, Salin and Blažič on fire. Blažič normaly isn't even late on Morrison, yet he has 16 by half. Can't remember last Olimpija's game with such high scoring pace
Things will cool down at half. I can imagine Filipovski and Pešić going insane in lockerrooms bitching and yelling about defense... :D

Joško Poljak Fan
10-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Filipovski must be going to some therapist for that same reason this season, I believe :D
He was always putting defense first, to the extent I once doubted he actually knows how to coach in offense, yet look at Olimpija now... but hey... if Olimpija can't defend at least they can score. Won't be enough vs. Barca, but at least it is something...

AmonRA
10-15-2011, 05:26 PM
what a fuckin disaster. we play like shit, but what is even worse we have several incredibly retarded players in team, so I remained completely speechless:(

Joško Poljak Fan
10-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Sasu Salin 6/7 3FG with 23 points and on 3 occasions when he nailed one of those, made my jaw drop.

Markota played great defense on Morrison, while the decisive part was Green's game one on one vs. Morrison in the last minute and a half. Perfectly executed, it shows Green obviously understands what he is doing on court.

Glad to see Blažič actively playing, he got stopped by 4 fouls, but managed to score 9 in 15 minutes nevertheless.

I don't think Zvezda was actually doing bad. Morrison was amazing.

AmonRA
10-15-2011, 07:49 PM
the only bright spot today
3uLjARxozZo

AirBall
10-15-2011, 09:51 PM
KK Zagreb finally won... Croatian clubs always play better with Serbian coaches... :D

Picek
10-16-2011, 06:00 AM
KK Zagreb finally won... Croatian clubs always play better with Serbian coaches... :D

they won because Budućnost is abysmal and not because they played somethin extremely good..
they will be masacred in Germany by Bamberg..
but I do agree, hiring a serbian coach is good move.. it's just that with all money they have they could have find someone better then Androić.. but he is probably well connected with agency that is running the show..

pimpekaustas
10-18-2011, 05:52 PM
who cares which club has better USA players, cibona zagreb or cedevita :rolleyes: every true croatian basketball fan is cheering for siroki, only club where croatian young players actually play :(

elaj
10-18-2011, 10:09 PM
who cares which club has better USA players, cibona zagreb or cedevita :rolleyes: every true croatian basketball fan is cheering for siroki, only club where croatian young players actually play :(And they play only because the club is broke.

Cibos
10-19-2011, 06:32 AM
And they play only because the club is broke.

Cibona and Zadare were/are broke and yet..

pohani komarac
10-19-2011, 08:13 AM
And they play only because the club is broke.

they play because in club they don't full them self with unrealistic ambitios. they know their limits and that's what matters. now zagreb folowed cibona, zadar and split foot steps and now they created debut of 10milion kn, about 1, 2 milion euros. all that debut is what citizses of croatia have to pay off

i would have nothing against if our youngsters would sit on bench because of real players, but when they are benched because funny players like garrett, chase, zizic, rancic, babic.... i just wannt to puke.

pohani komarac
10-21-2011, 06:58 PM
http://195.56.77.56/n4/?adr_28

this suposed to be upgrade from previus live score stats:rolleyes:

AmonRA
10-21-2011, 08:20 PM
crvena zvezda is the most cursed team in the world:(
every year a bunch of injured players, and now just for a month radivojevic, nikolic, lazic,ilic, radetic were injured:(

pimpekaustas
10-22-2011, 06:12 AM
is there any news, will cedevita get one more player soon, on center position?

pohani komarac
10-22-2011, 10:19 AM
they are still looking for starting center

Joško Poljak Fan
10-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Cibona actualy had sth. like 30 fans traveling to a visiting game :) that's a first.

When people were discussing Laško before the season, they were all talking about how young and talented they are and how they should surprise few teams in the adriatic league. As for now... it just shows their last year's leaders aren't on the level needed to carry their team in adriatic league. Also I don't understand how Škifić or Čohadarević are going to help the team either from the result point of view or regarding the long term development.
Even if Omić had some obvious fail moves it was no coincidence Laško was playing best with him and Lapornik on court, screens he created and movement on court is uncomparable to anything the upper mentioned combo is providing. A contender for the next U20 tournament MVP and he gets 11 minutes behind those two. :rolleyes: wow...
Omić, Lapornik, Vujasinovič have some future.... hopefully Dimec (Brodnik?) could join that club, as for the rest, I would reconsider playing them as occasionaly they seem pretty poor of an upgrade to their younger teamates.

I am afraid against serious teams, Cibona might live or die with their 3 pointer shooting way too much.

MaccabiTA
10-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Siroki has nothing but threes.. When they fall in they are in the game, when they don't they're hopeless.
Eliyahu alone scored more 2 pointers than the whole Siroki team :eek:

Joško Poljak Fan
10-22-2011, 05:45 PM
No news. Široki is too young and also not physical enough compared to majority of adriatic league clubs, let alone Maccabi. 3pointers are a logical consequence.

MaccabiTA
10-22-2011, 05:56 PM
No news. Široki is too young and also not physical enough compared to majority of adriatic league clubs, let alone Maccabi. 3pointers are a logical consequence.

But scoring just 7 two pointer in 40 minutes of basketball? It does make sense that they don't score a lot as a young and not physical team but it shouldn't be that bad :confused: especially since they play at home so as a young team they should have more confidence, I don't wanna think what's gonna happen in Tel Aviv.

pohani komarac
10-22-2011, 06:24 PM
But scoring just 7 two pointer in 40 minutes of basketball? It does make sense that they don't score a lot as a young and not physical team but it shouldn't be that bad :confused: especially since they play at home so as a young team they should have more confidence, I don't wanna think what's gonna happen in Tel Aviv.

It's going to be blow out, what did you expect:confused:

They don't have thenicley and physicley developed players to deal with Maccabi. + Their main PG is injured. They are forced to play consitatley trough pick and screens, and by that they are doing great as much as they can. Hard disciplend defense and ofense is what they do. They don't try what they can't do. They beat who they can and sometime make some surprise. Maccabi is just another level for them. Besides Vladovic who is injured, Perisic and Colins they have only 3 players born 88. and 89. IF Pavkovic didn't hit backbord 3 in last secend they would be 3-1 now. I'm glad 95. born Bosnjak debuted. With Saric and Djedovic he is youngest ever who played this league:)

MaccabiTA
10-22-2011, 06:30 PM
It's going to be blow out, what did you expect:confused:

They don't have thenicley and physicley developed players to deal with Maccabi. + Their main PG is injured. They are forced to play consitatley trough pick and screens, and by that they are doing great as much as they can. Hard disciplend defense and ofense is what they do. They don't try what they can't do. They beat who they can and sometime make some surprise. Maccabi is just another level for them. Besides Vladovic who is injured, Perisic and Colins they have only 3 players born 88. and 89. IF Pavkovic didn't hit backbord 3 in last secend they would be 3-1 now. I'm glad 95. born Bosnjak debuted. With Saric and Djedovic he is youngest ever who played this league:)

I understand I was just surprised that a team shoots more 3 pointers than 2 pointers and score less 2 pointers than 1 player in the other team, that's all.

pohani komarac
10-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Cibona actualy had sth. like 30 fans traveling to a visiting game :) that's a first.

When people were discussing Laško before the season, they were all talking about how young and talented they are and how they should surprise few teams in the adriatic league. As for now... it just shows their last year's leaders aren't on the level needed to carry their team in adriatic league. Also I don't understand how Škifić or Čohadarević are going to help the team either from the result point of view or regarding the long term development.
Even if Omić had some obvious fail moves it was no coincidence Laško was playing best with him and Lapornik on court, screens he created and movement on court is uncomparable to anything the upper mentioned combo is providing. A contender for the next U20 tournament MVP and he gets 11 minutes behind those two. :rolleyes: wow...
Omić, Lapornik, Vujasinovič have some future.... hopefully Dimec (Brodnik?) could join that club, as for the rest, I would reconsider playing them as occasionaly they seem pretty poor of an upgrade to their younger teamates.

I am afraid against serious teams, Cibona might live or die with their 3 pointer shooting way too much.

Cibona is not serius team

As for fans in game something finaly started to happen in this club. They stared couparation with Dinamo and Medvescak. They finly started care about fans. And wha makes me most happy is they finaly started invest in youth. They boght 8-9 kids trough this summer and opend "stacionar" so they have place to stay. Intresting juniors and cadets are lead by to wasted Croatian talents Sesar and Zemljic:D I also got some rumours "Konzum" will be main club sponsor

As for game I only watched first half before switching to Siroki. Not much to tell. Only that kid Lapornik has some nice future

Picek
10-22-2011, 06:45 PM

in adriatic league maybe..
in euroleague we did it couple of years back (actualy it was 5-6 years ago).. in Treviso there was a couple of buses, cars..
I remember players were surprised as hell seeing us there (btw. I was pulled over for speeding near Ljubljana while driving to that game, was caught driving 216 km/h :rolleyes:)...

Joško Poljak Fan
10-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Cibona is not serius team

As for fans in game something finaly started to happen in this club. They stared couparation with Dinamo and Medvescak. They finly started care about fans. And wha makes me most happy is they finaly started invest in youth. They boght 8-9 kids trough this summer and opend "stacionar" so they have place to stay. Intresting juniors and cadets are lead by to wasted Croatian talents Sesar and Zemljic:D I also got some rumours "Konzum" will be main club sponsor

As for game I only watched first half before switching to Siroki. Not much to tell. Only that kid Lapornik has some nice future
Glad to hear something is finaly moving. Even if they might not look as a serious team, they're still Cibona and expected to be in that "serious team" cathegory untill they deserve differently.

elaj
10-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I remember players were surprised as hell seeing us there (btw. I was pulled over for speeding near Ljubljana while driving to that game, was caught driving 216 km/h :rolleyes:)...off topic: be happy you weren't caught driving during last couple of months, you would be without your drivers licence and your car would be seized... we are typical police country. :rolleyes:

Olimpija vs. Zagreb... Green and Markota are both sick and could miss the game. Terrible. :(

pohani komarac
10-23-2011, 12:05 PM
off topic: be happy you weren't caught driving during last couple of months, you would be without your drivers licence and your car would be seized... we are typical police country. :rolleyes:

Olimpija vs. Zagreb... Green and Markota are both sick and could miss the game. Terrible. :(

now zagreb has chance for respectable lose -10-15

Joško Poljak Fan
10-23-2011, 12:17 PM
now zagreb has chance for respectable lose -10-15
Think about it again....

lineup
PG: Čapin, Woodside
SG: Blažič, Salin
SF: Murič, Bertrans (Green off)
PF: none (Markota, Jagodnik off)
C: Varda, Thompson, Kajmaković

...that's a pretty limited team unless one of the youngsters go "bananas" the way Salin did vs. Zvezda.

UMUT_FB_LAL
10-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Why do four teams have wins taken away from them??

MaccabiTA
10-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Why do four teams have wins taken away from them??

No wins were taken away from any team, it's just that 4 teams haven't played their 4th game yet (Partizan-Krka, Olimpija-Zagreb will be played today)

UMUT_FB_LAL
10-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Haha yeah, figured that out
There are no such things as stupid questions :)

pohani komarac
10-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Mulamerovic should retire long time ago

pohani komarac
10-23-2011, 05:59 PM
zagreb can thank refs they stayed in game. i'm glad they lost

what realy i can't explain how the hell androic picked ozbolt to hold clutch balls:confused:

SunOverHStreet
10-23-2011, 06:02 PM
http://tashsport-tv.blogspot.com/2011/10/tashsport-tv-channel-2.html

JureEe
10-23-2011, 07:53 PM
What happened with Partizan?

sorry but Krivec such so much.. and Stinson is out.. (come back in next game)...

SunOverHStreet
10-23-2011, 08:04 PM
What happened with Partizan?
Kinsay was stealing Acie's balls on thursday night. And apparently, he succeeded.

Joško Poljak Fan
10-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Krka is suffering from it's inability to hit anything from long range... and they'll continue to do so sadly. Too bad as they're not as bad as they seem right now, didn't expect them to go 0-4.

Olimpija still isn't using those small fouls and it's hurting the team by 10+ points per game. Their whole defense is far from ideal. Varda is slow and overall makes doubtfull decisions in defense, PG's can't defend the perimeter penetrations, SG's are inexperienced eventhough they've got the potential, Bertrans screwed P&R on two consecutive occasions and overall lost his offensive confidence from last year.
With all this lack of experience I believe they'll be rising through the season, yet that's mostlikely too late for the season as far as euroleague is concerned.

EpicFail
10-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Kinsay was stealing Acie's balls on thursday night. And apparently, he succeeded.

:D:D:D

I expected more from Lucic,he's underperformance really affecting Partizan's game.Cakarevic's and Acie's confidence was on such a low level today,apperaently that Kinsay's deffence really had much impact on Law and if that continue in Tel-Aviv,we will have very painful next week...

pohani komarac
10-24-2011, 10:31 PM
http://kosarka.si/rado-lorbek-o-ponujenem-iz-zavrnjenem-kompromisu-slovenskim-klubom-spremembah-v-evroligi-ligi-aba-grkih-makedoncih-in-srbih/

Cibos
10-29-2011, 04:39 AM
City of Zagreb approved donation of 2 million euros to Cibona.

Debt is getting smaller and smaller.. not bad :)

Now just lets not repeat the mistakes from the past..

Billy Bounce
10-29-2011, 02:07 PM
:D:D:D

I expected more from Lucic,he's underperformance really affecting Partizan's game.Cakarevic's and Acie's confidence was on such a low level today,apperaently that Kinsay's deffence really had much impact on Law and if that continue in Tel-Aviv,we will have very painful next week...

Not to worry, you could rebuild Belgrade with the amount of bricks Maccabi had thrown in the last 3 games. So all the chances it would be awful to watch , but pretty even game. Unless Acie will finally find his balls. :D

Roy M
10-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Easy win to Maccabi over Partizan 78:67 in a game whice was close at HT with 48:26.
Farmar 14 points+7 ass, Sofo and Smith 12 each.
Pekovic 23 to Partizan.

Beva
10-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Even easier win of Cedevita over Croatian champion Zagreb: 97 - 51... Yes, 46 points difference...

And it was only 39 - 35 at HT...

Zagreb needs a miracle now, the team looks awful...

Chopin
10-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Even easier win of Cedevita over Croatian champion Zagreb: 97 - 51... Yes, 46 points difference...

I am afraid for Zagreb. On wednesday CSKA can really humiliate them with the difference over 50 if they want. But I dont think CSKA (luckily for Zagreb) is going to play full speed when the difference goes up to 30+ :)

Zagreb is the worst club that played in the Euroleague in the last 10 years...

Cibos
10-29-2011, 09:54 PM
I am afraid for Zagreb. On wednesday CSKA can really humiliate them with the difference over 50 if they want. But I dont think CSKA (luckily for Zagreb) is going to play full speed when the difference goes up to 30+ :)

Zagreb is the worst club that played in the Euroleague in the last 10 years...

Make that ever..

Mojado
10-31-2011, 09:53 AM

Why is Diasse not playing in the Euroleague? Stats looked good this weekend. And I watched two test games in which he did well. Sean May didnt play. Why?

Cibos
10-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Also one fun note.. KK Cedevita had almost the same number of fans on home game vs Zagreb as Zagreb did against PAO.. in Euroleague.. in Arena Zagreb.

Shut down that club PLEASE.

Cibos
10-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Why is Diasse not playing in the Euroleague? Stats looked good this weekend. And I watched two test games in which he did well. Sean May didnt play. Why?

"Why does xxx play and why doesn't xxx play" in KK Zagreb is decided upon player agents and by the simple fact of who pays more. Coaches are just puppets there.

Sean May is currently injured.. not like he's any good tho :)

He has 15 kg too much for this level.

pohani komarac
10-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Garrett, Dia and May all are players of Wasserman Media Group

What level? ABA? May is good player as well as their whole froncourt. Their froncourt is not even worst in Euroleague for sure, but their backcourt is criminal. Only Simon and Ozbolt are decent players. Mulamerovic is past, rest are medicore

As for Dia like I said in preseson thread, kid has potential, but is rookie and needs time. Unfortunally they treted him like crap

.................................................. ..................................

Last night Cibona reminded me of Cibona that destroyed Croatian basketball. They are getting back on track with their kitchen:mad:

Picek
11-01-2011, 12:42 PM
Last night Cibona reminded me of Cibona that destroyed Croatian basketball. They are getting back on track with their kitchen:mad:whatever makes you happy :)

AmonRA
11-04-2011, 11:25 AM
question for cro guys:)
what is situation with sean may, will he play tomorrow?

Cibos
11-04-2011, 12:40 PM
question for cro guys:)
what is situation with sean may, will he play tomorrow?

Do you really care? :D

Zvezda will take this by 30..

AmonRA
11-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Do you really care? :D

Zvezda will take this by 30..
yap:D
did u watch us lately? there is no deffence and we have problems with every centar(even those worst), and now we play against kasun which is among top centars in abba league..
if may doesn't play then it`s 50-50 game, if he play we will lose:o

Strielcius
11-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Zagreb strikes again!
38-64 HT at home vs Zvezda. Unbelievable :D
And they were even favorites before the match according to the bookies. Wow

cogito
11-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Zagreb strikes again!
38-64 HT at home vs Zvezda. Unbelievable :D
And they were even favorites before the match according to the bookies. Wow

Are you sure abaout the score

Aleksandar22
11-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Zagreb leads 73-51 in 2:30 to go in 3Q...mistake on ABA site, and livescore services...
i'm watching game on tv :D

cogito
11-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Zagreb leads 73-51 in 2:30 to go in 3Q...mistake on ABA site, and livescore services...
i'm watching game on tv :D

:)))))

Cibos
11-05-2011, 08:42 PM
What in gods name is Zvezdana doing..

AmonRA
11-05-2011, 08:45 PM
What in gods name is Zvezdana doing..

as I said:o

yap:D
did u watch us lately? there is no deffence and we have problems with every centar(even those worst), and now we play against kasun which is among top centars in abba league..
if may doesn't play then it`s 50-50 game, if he play we will lose:o

pohani komarac
11-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I feal bad for Pesic. He must live with Covic x2. Father love can be blind, but that blind?

Highlight of game Pesic ask comantotors Cvitkovic and Vanjak how they should play defense with such refering? Zagreb will agan be under 30 in Euroleague with normal creteria...not that Zvezda didn't deserve to lose

Markoishvili
11-05-2011, 11:54 PM
Zvezda played into the hands of Zagreb. In the first half they were playing full court pressure, which in theory was a good idea, but in practice they didn`t do it very well. Zagreb was able to get into thier offense and find open shots which they hit with ridiculous precision.

Overall very poor game by Zvezda, especially defensively. Petar Popovic was absolutely terrible. Only bright spot along with Morrisons usual shooting prowness was Milutinovic, who showed that he has Euroleague calibre talent once again, but his lack of self-esteem and intiative is holding him back.

AmonRA
11-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Zvezda played into the hands of Zagreb. In the first half they were playing full court pressure, which in theory was a good idea, but in practice they didn`t do it very well. Zagreb was able to get into thier offense and find open shots which they hit with ridiculous precision.

Overall very poor game by Zvezda, especially defensively. Petar Popovic was absolutely terrible. Only bright spot along with Morrisons usual shooting prowness was Milutinovic, who showed that he has Euroleague calibre talent once again, but his lack of self-esteem and intiative is holding him back.

he is always absolutely terrible... he must be fired If we want to achieve something... unfortonaly, that will not happen:(

NidzaPBC
11-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Rasko Katic should get more playing time :D

Picek
11-07-2011, 12:04 PM
it's good I couldn't watch the game :rolleyes::o

prtzn
11-07-2011, 12:30 PM
it's good I couldn't watch the game :rolleyes::oOh, no, you don't!:p

first half:
1/4
dsGrVSYsCZA
QLWxPVFJAWM
2/4
cuaiE8rBofU
suD1eJIQRxg

pohani komarac
11-11-2011, 06:12 PM
boring game vitamins vs. radnicki, but that scott dunk was just:eek:

Roy M
11-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Budocnost Vs MTA will be good game tomorrow.
Budo very strong at home, Maccabi are tierd and in "high" after the win at Istanbul, so Budo can give good fight here.

pohani komarac
11-11-2011, 09:08 PM
buda has terible PG's. Ivanovic is to young, Anderson is medicore. if maccabi doesn't uderrestimete them it should be easy

but i wannt to see vucevic vs. sofo

pohani komarac
11-12-2011, 10:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uINifRyeD0g&feature=player_embedded

scott dunk on opacak

EpicFail
11-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Tbh in my opinion,only Partizan,Olimpija and Cedevita as hosts can give MTA a competitive match,the rest is a joke,not to mention games played in Tel Aviv...Seems like MTA will have to search for another liga (VTB maybe) if they want more competitiveness,cause this is like walk in the park for them...

P.S.Some people put Crvena Zvezda Beograd as final4 contender..With receiving averagely 90pts per game they can only dream about final4...

pohani komarac
11-12-2011, 07:05 PM
crazy win. -3 for cibona and foul on kus desperate 3 point atempt from 3/4 court:D

zagreb is just pure crap

imo....did they inputed no hand check rule in euro basketball? haven't heard for it, but it looked like it

DragisA
11-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know if Tuesday's match between Buducnost and Turow in Euro Cup will be broadcast on some internet stream (maybe RT CG 2) ???

Any link to this television ?